PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead to the March 19th game vs. the Dubs...

SpurPadre
02-28-2016, 06:12 PM
could it be the most telling Regular Season game in Spurs history? I know we've conditioned ourselves with the notion that regular season games aren't important for a Spurs contending team but this isn't a normal season witnessing a historic Warriors team that appears a lock for the 1 seed. So, let's say the Spurs win out coming into that game while the Warriors continue to play at the same level. They will be playing on the second of a back-to-back unlike the Spurs. Aside from losing, if our team doesn't handily win the game and only barely pulls it off, would that be THE major indicator that it's a foregone conclusion a healthy Warriors team will repeat? Do the Spurs need to win convincingly, in a game they would lead the majority of the way and have been in full control of, for there to be hope for future playoff victory against them? Note I'm not necessarily saying they need to win by 30 or even a blowout but a game that isn't decided in the last few minutes and that the Spurs were clearly the better team in all facets. Or is a win a win and it will not sway your thoughts down the road, either way? I know win or lose, Pop, The Big 3, and Kawhi will move on either way, unfazed. But how about LMA? A lot of factors and storylines for this game and I don't think one can convincingly downplay the importance of it, as a Spurs fan. I can't wait.

Spurs9
02-28-2016, 06:14 PM
Pencil in the loss tbh

HarlemHeat37
02-28-2016, 06:16 PM
The W/L result is largely irrelevant outside of the standings(although everybody here will overreact to either extreme:lol) IMO, as long as the Spurs don't get blown out again, which would be discouraging..

The first game between the 2 teams had very little strategy from the Spurs side of things..the Warriors made it a purpose to attack Parker/Mills all game, Pop barely used Green and Leonard vs. Curry, etc..only thing I'm interested in seeing next game is what type of changes Pop will make, as I assume he will make some adjustments, although he obviously won't show all his cards..

raybies
02-28-2016, 06:22 PM
Are we gonna do this again? I'm not hyping up this game. Just gonna watch it like it's a regular season game. Someone will miss the game. Most likely Parker.

SpurPadre
02-28-2016, 06:25 PM
Are we gonna do this again? I'm not hyping up this game. Just gonna watch it like it's a regular season game. Someone will miss the game. Most likely Parker.

Fine but what's your argument that it doesn't mean anything, even if Parker or another Spur is out?

lilbthebasedgod
02-28-2016, 06:30 PM
*Looks through Looking Glass
How'dya know oP?

Seventyniner
02-28-2016, 06:31 PM
A deciding factor will be how many games separate the two teams in the standings at gametime. If the Spurs can close it to 2-3 games in the loss column, I think Pop goes all out. If the Warriors' lead opens up to 6+ and the Spurs still have a big edge over OC/LAC for the 2 seed, I think Pop plays his cards close to the vest and will take the L.

BatManu20
02-28-2016, 06:32 PM
Haven't lost a regular season game to them in SA since 1997... don't want that streak to be broken. Although it almost seems inevitable.

raybies
02-28-2016, 06:39 PM
Fine but what's your argument that it doesn't mean anything, even if Parker or another Spur is out?

Pops not gonna show his hand with 2 more games after this one. OKC showed their hand and still lost. My point is no sense in expecting pop to change now. He plays the hand that he's been dealt. Makes sense Parker sits so pop can try Andre out. Maybe not. Just an educated guess. I guess I was annoyed at the "most hyped game" aspect of it all. It's not a playoff game. It's just a regular season game that pop will want to feel them out. I do agree that regular season games sometimes mean something but for the big three it doesn't. Maybe for kawhi and Aldridge though. I'm just saying don't get your hopes up cause it could be another blowout, just hopefully it's not because we threw the game away. I'll watch, just not gonna hype it up. It should be a good game.

phxspurfan
02-28-2016, 06:42 PM
Sorry but this is definitely a loss.

WTF

MZ0n-V-2u24

dabom
02-28-2016, 06:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStaqzqPKUI

apalisoc_9
02-28-2016, 06:57 PM
Way too far ahead, Imo.

A lot of good gamea before the 19th.

Stevie Johnson
02-28-2016, 07:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStaqzqPKUI
The Warriors played about as bad as we could and the Spurs played very well. The Spurs are lucky they didn't meet the Warriors last year.

SpurPadre
02-28-2016, 07:02 PM
Way too far ahead, Imo.

A lot of good gamea before the 19th.

A lot of good games before the 19th, sure but not one against a historic team.

dabom
02-28-2016, 07:03 PM
The Warriors played about as bad as we could and the Spurs played very well. The Spurs are lucky they didn't meet the Warriors last year.

You mean the warriors faggot. :lmao

dabom
02-28-2016, 07:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4A6VrM_Mi4

dabom
02-28-2016, 07:05 PM
No big 3. :lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRWp2uNYkM8

SpurPadre
02-28-2016, 07:05 PM
Pops not gonna show his hand with 2 more games after this one. OKC showed their hand and still lost. My point is no sense in expecting pop to change now. He plays the hand that he's been dealt. Makes sense Parker sits so pop can try Andre out. Maybe not. Just an educated guess. I guess I was annoyed at the "most hyped game" aspect of it all. It's not a playoff game. It's just a regular season game that pop will want to feel them out. I do agree that regular season games sometimes mean something but for the big three it doesn't. Maybe for kawhi and Aldridge though. I'm just saying don't get your hopes up cause it could be another blowout, just hopefully it's not because we threw the game away. I'll watch, just not gonna hype it up. It should be a good game.

Yeah, Pop may not show his hand even then but considering the Warriors will be playing on a second of a back-to-back on the road, it almost seems mandatory that the Spurs should go all out for the win. I see why you're not going to hype it up, though. As Harlem said, a blowout loss would be very discouraging, though.

dabom
02-28-2016, 07:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPY0R1A6cE

Stevie Johnson
02-28-2016, 07:10 PM
I can't wait for the Warriors to sweep the Spurs both in the regular season and playoffs. It's really bad posters like dabom that need to be put in their place.

dabom
02-28-2016, 07:15 PM
I can't wait for the Warriors to sweep the Spurs both in the regular season and playoffs. It's really bad posters like dabom that need to be put in their place.

Last time you said that the worriers got demolished. :lmao

Spurs9
02-28-2016, 08:05 PM
No big 3. :lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRWp2uNYkM8
2013 tbh, and splitter

dabom
02-28-2016, 08:09 PM
2013 tbh, and splitter

I don't understand what u are arguing...

MI21
02-28-2016, 08:18 PM
I'm in town for this shit so they better not perform like they did in Oakland, tbh.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-28-2016, 08:33 PM
Warriors are way too good for the Spurs. I don't trust LMA to have a great series against GS, as Draymond is able to shut him down so the Spurs size isn't going to work as well as we would hope.

I know it's just regular season but Spurs really need a win against the Warriors somehow because they're not going to magically shock Kerr and co. come playoff time because of some "tricks" up Pop's sleeve.

BD24
02-28-2016, 09:38 PM
Is it really March 19th? That's my wedding day how strange. Hopefully the Spurs can pull it out for me. If it was a day sooner would of gone to the game with my groomsmen. Oh well

Spurs 4 The Win
02-28-2016, 09:44 PM

How does that Manu dick taste?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyowVlZsBow

Spurs 4 The Win
02-28-2016, 09:53 PM

Whats your record against us in the Curry era? When did you beat us in a playoff series? When did you last beat our full strength squad? Suck my dick you cuck faggot, we own you and we are coming for that ass in May

peacemaker885
02-28-2016, 09:55 PM
can't beat them if you can't beat them. no cia pop here.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-28-2016, 09:56 PM
can't beat them if you can't beat them. no cia pop here.

How did that work out for OKC in 2014?

peacemaker885
02-28-2016, 10:00 PM
How did that work out for OKC in 2014?

Believe what you want.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-28-2016, 10:02 PM
Believe what you want.

What about Cleveland in 07?

sananspursfan21
02-28-2016, 10:14 PM
GOT EEM....Tahaha GOT EEM

TD 21
02-28-2016, 10:17 PM
Win or lose, it's most important that the Spurs play well and control the game. If they can't do either, their confidence is going to be smashed to smithereens.

I'm not going to pretend that the initial game wasn't disconcerting, but at the same time, I've never heard so much over analysis for a regular season game.

Going into that game public perception had shifted, to the point where it was probably more than 50% that thought the Spurs were the superior team. Coming out of that game, it was almost 100% Warriors.

Blackjack
02-28-2016, 10:27 PM
Going into that game public perception had shifted, to the point where it was probably more than 50% that thought the Spurs were the superior team. Coming out of that game, it was almost 100% Warriors.

Yup. Add Tim not playing and no Andrefucking Miller, dem kids done.

DenialTwist
02-28-2016, 10:29 PM

With or without Parker, it's a loss. Just watching Curry last night and this season so far is unbelievable. Even if the entire team plays bad he can out shoot the other team and still pull out a win for the Dubs. The last time the warriors played the spurs, it was a beatdown and I expect much of the same if they play with the same intensity. Warriors are just on a roll this season. Unless Curry is injured, they will win. It's not about Pop hiding his hand and playing mind games, they need to win otherwise it's the warriors that have the mental edge, they are just not afraid of the spurs like year's past.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-28-2016, 11:04 PM
With or without Parker, it's a loss. Just watching Curry last night and this season so far is unbelievable. Even if the entire team plays bad he can out shoot the other team and still pull out a win for the Dubs. The last time the warriors played the spurs, it was a beatdown and I expect much of the same if they play with the same intensity. Warriors are just on a roll this season. Unless Curry is injured, they will win. It's not about Pop hiding his hand and playing mind games, they need to win otherwise it's the warriors that have the mental edge, they are just not afraid of the spurs like year's past.

you are a defeatist pussy

SpursDynasty
02-28-2016, 11:07 PM
The Spurs are the best team in the league right now with the Warriors being the second.

The Spurs have been hurt all year and are playing regular Spurs ball and are on pace to finish 70-12.

The Warriors still have three games to face the Spurs with Duncan in the lineup.

dabom
02-28-2016, 11:07 PM
you are a defeatist pussy

Tell that faggot. Like the best defense in the NBA is just gonna roll over. :lmao

They won one at their home without Tim on the floor and it's all over for us. :lmao

ElNono
02-28-2016, 11:12 PM
We just need Amuseddaysleeper to start Dubs game threads downstairs from here to the end of the season, tbh...

Spurs 4 The Win
02-28-2016, 11:15 PM
Tell that faggot. Like the best defense in the NBA is just gonna roll over. :lmao

They won one at their home without Tim on the floor and it's all over for us. :lmao

:bobo

ace3g
02-28-2016, 11:31 PM
Matt Steinmetz @SteinmetzNBA
(https://twitter.com/SteinmetzNBA)3-point shooting percentage: 1. Warriors (.420), 2. Spurs (.398). 3-point shooting defense: 1. Spurs (.322), 2. Warriors (.324).

TDomination
02-28-2016, 11:55 PM
(https://twitter.com/SteinmetzNBA)3-point shooting percentage: 1. Warriors (.420), 2. Spurs (.398). 3-point shooting defense: 1. Spurs (.322), 2. Warriors (.324).

Except they attempt like 60 3's a game. But they make them so I guess why change

Amuseddaysleeper
02-29-2016, 12:32 AM
We just need Amuseddaysleeper to start Dubs game threads downstairs from here to the end of the season, tbh...

:tu

spurs10
02-29-2016, 12:39 AM

Interesting stuff! GSW is a great team. Are they unbeatable" Of course not. Have they won in SA in the last several seasons? It's nothing more or less than a regular season game.

We just won our 50th game for the 17th season in a row! If you want to fawn over a team, fawn over the Spurs!
:flag:

G-Dawgg
02-29-2016, 12:44 AM
Win or lose on March 19, the Spurs are NOT the juggernaught that the Warriors are no matter how much you want to rationalize it. The Spurs again can't beat an elite team and the Warriors are killing everybody. And the worst part is how they're doing it. They buried the Spurs by 30 and we were supposed to be their closest competition. They miraculously took OKC' soul with a Curry 35 ft jumper when things were impossibly stacked against them with mere seconds left. Championship teams do the amazing and impressive things needed to win, whatever they are. The Warriors have impressed and are looking otherworldly. The Spurs however, even though they are putting together their own record season have not looked as godlike in comparison and haven't been getting it done against the true championship contender teams.... Also, the injury to Ginobili may prove to be a huge blow for the Spur's title run. He may be back for playoffs, but what does that do to the team's chemistry and his rust from the long injury layoff. Championship teams need to be rolling into the post season and not just trying to find their stride and find their identity. Popovich should not have concerns about the team's defense during the rodeo trip. This is too late into the season to still be tinkering. I'm pretty sure the Warriors aren't still tinkering. They've been stomping on ants from day one. -Even the big ones......

99 Problems
02-29-2016, 01:57 AM
Can't believe the non injury run they have had. It won't last for ever. Draymond may be the first when he explodes from flexing his biceps too hard. King Delly and his assistant Bron went close so watch out in May when we unleash Operation Golden Fake.

spurs10
02-29-2016, 02:20 AM
Whats your record against us in the Curry era? When did you beat us in a playoff series? When did you last beat our full strength squad? Suck my dick you cuck faggot, we own you and we are coming for that ass in May
Well this is a little sugar-coated, but pretty much tells the tale. :ihit

Spurs 4 The Win
02-29-2016, 02:58 AM
Win or lose on March 19, the Spurs are NOT the juggernaught that the Warriors are no matter how much you want to rationalize it. The Spurs again can't beat an elite team and the Warriors are killing everybody. And .... Im a pussy bitch faggot. The Warriors are the best. I bow down to Steph Curry, take me into your church and bless me with your seed.

Another one of these posts. See 2014 regular season. Honestly dude, go be a warriors fan, if in all the years of following Tim Duncan and the Spurs you are ready to write this team off before we even play them in our own fucking building at full strength and before the playoffs start, then you are truly the pussiest, most bitchass faggot of all the pussy bitch faggots out there.

dabom
02-29-2016, 03:05 AM
Another one of these posts. See 2014 regular season. Honestly dude, go be a warriors fan, if in all the years of following Tim Duncan and the Spurs you are ready to write this team off before we even play them in our own fucking building at full strength and before the playoffs start, then you are truly the pussiest, most bitchass faggot of all the pussy bitch faggots out there.

I was going to say the same thing. Isn't worth my time correcting every fucking vagina around here. :lol

Spurs 4 The Win
02-29-2016, 03:17 AM
I was going to say the same thing. Isn't worth my time correcting every fucking vagina around here. :lol

:lol
Its these new age cuck "realist" fans who shield their delicate emotions by expecting the worst so if we lose they can be an obnoxious prick and say "I told you so, I told you we were gonna lose, I knew it all along" and if we win, nobody is going to care to go back and call them on their defeatist bullshit. Its the absolute worst type of fan, a debbie downer, "I told you so" fan.

If you cant believe in a team with the pedigree and record the Spurs have then you may be better off watching womens basketball and cheering for UConn every year. :lol

dabom
02-29-2016, 03:28 AM
Its these new age cuck "realist" fans who shield their delicate emotions by expecting the worst so if we lose they can be an obnoxious prick and say "I told you so, I told you we were gonna lose, I knew it all along" and if we win, nobody is going to care to go back and call them on their defeatist bullshit. Its the absolute worst type of fan, a debbie downer, "I told you so" fan.

If you cant believe in a team with the pedigree and record the Spurs have then you may be better off watching womens basketball and cheering for UConn every year. :lol

If every post is gonna be a golden state slurpfest ala steeled faggot, UNT we suck we suck we suck, we are 50 and 9 or something and you keep down playing our greatness with recycled excuses then fuck you. :lol

We have a track record of owning GSW and everyone some how forgot and keeps forgetting we sucked in 2014 vs good teams. Same old excuses. The players are always on gear one during the RS.

Every fucking year. At 70% mostly. The players don't wanna over exert themselves during RS games. And yet when we lose these games where the other team is going 100% we just ain't going to win those.

It's like these fucking new age fans don't know shit about how the Spurs operate. :lol

spurs10
02-29-2016, 03:50 AM
Another one of these posts. See 2014 regular season. Honestly dude, go be a warriors fan, if in all the years of following Tim Duncan and the Spurs you are ready to write this team off before we even play them in our own fucking building at full strength and before the playoffs start, then you are truly the pussiest, most bitchass faggot of all the pussy bitch faggots out there. Again a little sugar-coated.:lol
However right on! Spurs fans have been f*cking blessed! If you can't appreciate that and go running for cover the first sign of trouble then you are in serious need of some sack!

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-29-2016, 04:21 AM
As long as Pop's first play of the game isn't a LMA or Duncan 3 point shot again.

Arcadian
02-29-2016, 04:26 AM

:lol The worst thing about those pussies is, they'll start to act cynical the MOMENT something doesn't go perfectly for "their team." At the first sign of danger, they're jumping ship, and acting pompous about it. :lol It's actually super faggy...

Spurs 4 The Win
02-29-2016, 04:39 AM
:lol The worst thing about those pussies is, they'll start to act cynical the MOMENT something doesn't go perfectly for "their team." At the first sign of danger, they're jumping ship, and acting pompous about it. :lol It's actually super faggy...

Exactly, being a fan means going down with the ship or dealing with the adversity and sailing through the storm.... these pussies see a baby wave or the wind blows the wrong way and they are already in the lifeboat paddling away, fuckin pathetic :lol

G-Dawgg
02-29-2016, 05:44 AM

Dude, I'm a Spurs fan through and through. I'm just telling it how it is. I love my Spurs, and they are a great team. But the Warriors this year are out of this world. I do hope that we can compete with them this post season. If you weren't so delusional you'd call it exactly how it is too. The truth is: as good as the Spurs are this year, they still aren't quite on the same level as the Warriors -I don't think any team is.... Curry is doing things that haven't been done before, ever. So, save your breath because if you aren't seeing the difference in how the the 2 teams are rolling at this point, then you're just seeing what you want to see and I have no interest in a back and forth with you. Period. Don't even bother responding. I'm not interested in hearing your homerism and shit talking isn't going to make you sound smarter.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-29-2016, 05:57 AM
Dude, I'm a faggot, the biggest one ever, Im what they call a pussy faggot, I go on long rants about how my team cant beat the scary warriors. And dont bother responding to this because Im not interested in hearing a fans perspective, I like my own defeatist attitude.

lol fagg:lolt

G-Dawgg
02-29-2016, 05:58 AM
Ha, good one. Homo.

aal04
02-29-2016, 06:02 AM
The W/L result is largely irrelevant outside of the standings(although everybody here will overreact to either extreme:lol) IMO, as long as the Spurs don't get blown out again, which would be discouraging..

It will either be a close win or a blowout Loss. Pop pulls the plug way early in games.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-29-2016, 06:04 AM
Ha, good one. Homo.

Warriors are living in your head rent free, its pathetic

G-Dawgg
02-29-2016, 06:11 AM
No, they have been playing amazing unmatched basketball all season. I'm pretty sure that's evident to the world, and I just know how to give credit where it's due. If you disagree, then you're delusional and need to get a clue about basketball. So kid, go have a conversation with your dad instead. He might be able to tell you a thing or two. I'm done amusing you :lmao

Spurs 4 The Win
02-29-2016, 06:16 AM
Ha, good one. Homo.

How is this.

Dug through your post history. Didnt know you were always such a faggot, oh wait I did, not hard to predict, you have always been the fucking pussy debbie downer you are today.

The Spurs ARE really good, but they are not good enough to get over the hump..... they came up short last season and haven't made any significant moves to add new players. Other teams teams like the Lakers, OKC and Miami Heat have gotten even better than last year. San Antonio has fallen behind.......

...read my sig below......

''We will always have a good team but we can no longer say that we're playing for a championship''
That was gold :lol
That was during the year we made the Finals

How about this one, the year we won the title

If this year is Duncan's best chance at getting another ring before he retires then I feel very sorry for him.. The Spurs do not look confident against the upper tier teams that they've lost to. They seem to fold under the pressure which is something championship caliber team do not do... anybody disagreeing needs to open their eyes and honestly make an evaluation of this team. Do you think this team how they are playing and all the injuries deserves to be crowned as the best in the NBA? .....exactly. No trade is going to fix that. Our Spurs are so good in their old age that they can remain relevant, however we no longer have anybody with enough star power to lead us to the promised land. Still love my Spurs and with cheer them till the bitter end, but I have to look at this team through non-homer goggles too...

You sure love calling people who disagree with you homers.... like you just did to me

Dude, I'm a Spurs fan through and through. I'm just telling it how it is. I love my Spurs, and they are a great team. But the Warriors this year are out of this world. I do hope that we can compete with them this post season. If you weren't so delusional you'd call it exactly how it is too. The truth is: as good as the Spurs are this year, they still aren't quite on the same level as the Warriors -I don't think any team is.... Curry is doing things that haven't been done before, ever. So, save your breath because if you aren't seeing the difference in how the the 2 teams are rolling at this point, then you're just seeing what you want to see and I have no interest in a back and forth with you. Period. Don't even bother responding. I'm not interested in hearing your homerism and shit talking isn't going to make you sound smarter.

I just murdered you, dont reply to me again you fairweather cuck, headshot bitch.

dabom
02-29-2016, 06:24 AM
:wow

Dam. :lol

Uriel
02-29-2016, 06:26 AM
BOLD PREDICTION: Spurs will blowout the Warriors in this game and win by 20 or more.

G-Dawgg
02-29-2016, 06:27 AM
BOLD PREDICTION: Spurs will blowout the Warriors in this game and win by 20 or more.

Hope so! *Fingers crossed*

G-Dawgg
02-29-2016, 06:29 AM
How is this.

Dug through your post history. Didnt know you were always such a faggot, oh wait I did, not hard to predict, you have always been the fucking pussy debbie downer you are today.

You sure love calling people who disagree with you homers.... like you just did to me

I just murdered you, dont reply to me again you fairweather cuck, headshot bitch.

Butthurt :lol

ceperez
02-29-2016, 06:49 AM
I don't expect Pop to show his cards in the regular season.

He'll run a lot of experimental lineups and sets.

Yuixafun
02-29-2016, 06:53 AM
Is it really March 19th? That's my wedding day how strange. Hopefully the Spurs can pull it out for me. If it was a day sooner would of gone to the game with my groomsmen. Oh well

Funnily enough, my way back homie got married on that day too.

Also it's my birthday.

Planning on being in Miami that weekend, but maaaaan I am torn. Part of me just wants to spend that cash on great seats to the game instead.

james evans
02-29-2016, 07:36 AM
i'd much rather curry driving than giving him space.

1. Put a man on him. AND I MEAN ON HIM. No SPACE. PLAY HIM FOR THE SHOT. If he wants to cross over and attmpt to drive to the lane, have guys waiting for him. DO NOT play him for the drive. I REPEAT, do not play him for the drive!!! 3s are more than layups, '

2, KEEP A MAN ON HIM AT ALL TIMES. westbrooke fucked up. He was staring into space most of the time and by the time curry got the ball, he was letting it fly. '

3, make him work on defense. After he gets killed a bit, Kerr usually switches him on the weakest player on the floor. Well, we got to put him in screens so he's forced to play some defense or just leave leonard or parker open. Danny Green can't continue to sit his dumb azz at the 3 point line waiting for an open 3. He's got to make curry work. Screen for leonard and put curry on him all game. Force that fucker to work..

with those 3 keys, we can contain him. but if they want to continue to leave him open and not make him work on defense, he's gonna continue to kill us

TheDoctor
02-29-2016, 12:53 PM
Butthurt :lol

You got sleuthed and exposed :toast

G-Dawgg
02-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Exposed? Try again... What he quoted from the year we LOST in the finals was before the emergence of Kawhi Leonard as a star in the making and the signing of Aldridge and the rest. So, yes at that time we WERE falling behind in terms of talent and athleticism. At that time the league was getting younger and the Spurs were getting older. Easy to twist anything if you go back that far when the team is almost completely different. Those old comments applied to THAT old team. Not the current team.
The other comment from the year we won the title? Yes I did make those comments and I'll own own them too because if you can remember, at the time the Spurs were also not getting signature wins against the top tier competition very much like we are this year. I was merely stating exactly what was happening at that time. Again 'calling it how it is.' And if anybody disagrees they ARE wearing homer glasses. When I said those things, there weren't looking like the well oiled machine that they were in the finals vs Miami. Look at the Spurs record at the time vs the elite teams and you'll know what I'm talking about. I do want the Spurs to win another title, but I'm not blind to what's happening in the league outside of the Spurs. All my statements apply at the time they are posted. Who knows, the Spurs may indeed win a championship this year, however my statent that Golden State has been on a different level than every team in the league up until this point will also still apply at the time that I posted this response. :toast

spursistan
02-29-2016, 04:29 PM
Spurs need to win, tbh..Don't want us to get psyched out by this team a la pre- 2014 Thunder..Lest we forget, these fuckers haven't won regular season game in SA for 19 years and they would be on second night of B2B..If we get blown out again, then even the most rabid of homers should get humbled about our prospects against them in the post-season...

NameLess Scrub
02-29-2016, 04:55 PM
Just put someone on Curry all game and have him hack Curry every time, see how many times the refs call it.

Isn't that how the NBA works?

Spurs 4 The Win
02-29-2016, 05:19 PM
Exposed? Try again... What he quoted from the year we LOST in the finals was before the emergence of Kawhi Leonard as a star in the making and the signing of Aldridge and the rest. So, yes at that time we WERE falling behind in terms of talent and athleticism. At that time the league was getting younger and the Spurs were getting older. Easy to twist anything if you go back that far when the team is almost completely different. Those old comments applied to THAT old team. Not the current team.
The other comment from the year we won the title? Yes I did make those comments and I'll own own them too because if you can remember, at the time the Spurs were also not getting signature wins against the top tier competition very much like we are this year. I was merely stating exactly what was happening at that time. Again 'calling it how it is.' And if anybody disagrees they ARE wearing homer glasses. When I said those things, there weren't looking like the well oiled machine that they were in the finals vs Miami. Look at the Spurs record at the time vs the elite teams and you'll know what I'm talking about. I do want the Spurs to win another title, but I'm not blind to what's happening in the league outside of the Spurs. All my statements apply at the time they are posted. Who knows, the Spurs may indeed win a championship this year, however my statent that Golden State has been on a different level than every team in the league up until this point will also still apply at the time that I posted this response. :toast

Yes, you got exposed, and badly.

Honestly faggot, you should have just stopped while you were behind, I held back on you last night. You asked for it though.

After I post this quote from this nostradumbass back in 2014 (the year we won the title) nobody will listen to your retard opinion again.

Here is what this self proclaimed basketball genius said....

Rebuild time.. Title hopes are realistically done with all the injuries..Trade Duncan and Ginobili and let them retire like they did with Bowen. Maybe we can get somebody Greg Monroe from Detroit

"Trade Duncan and Ginobili" "our title hopes are done" "greg monroe", are you fucking kidding me dude... and you call yourself a spurs fan, all you are is the biggest dumbass on these forums and that is quite a fucking accomplishment, now gtfo

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/FP2000H/Personal%20Pictures/memes/kid%20laughing_zpsifbrxbua.gif

dabom
02-29-2016, 05:53 PM
Yes, you got exposed, and badly.

Honestly faggot, you should have just stopped while you were behind, I held back on you last night. You asked for it though.

After I post this quote from this nostradumbass back in 2014 (the year we won the title) nobody will listen to your retard opinion again.

Here is what this self proclaimed basketball genius said....

"Trade Duncan and Ginobili" "our title hopes are done" "greg monroe", are you fucking kidding me dude... and you call yourself a spurs fan, all you are is the biggest dumbass on these forums and that is quite a fucking accomplishment, now gtfo

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/FP2000H/Personal%20Pictures/memes/kid%20laughing_zpsifbrxbua.gif

OMG. :lmao

Slayed that faggot. :lmao

http://p.fod4.com/upload/aff3567c9abaad4b798a350dc1e1b1a3/3xQvrUOPTnycCnkvQUOZ_Shaq%20Sees%20a%20Dunk.gif

Spurs 4 The Win
02-29-2016, 07:11 PM
OMG. :lmao

Slayed that faggot. :lmao

http://p.fod4.com/upload/aff3567c9abaad4b798a350dc1e1b1a3/3xQvrUOPTnycCnkvQUOZ_Shaq%20Sees%20a%20Dunk.gif

Its too easy regulating that faggot :lol

dabom
02-29-2016, 07:15 PM
Its too easy regulating that faggot :lol

I've called out the same poster on a different thread for his same shenanigans. Dude is a vagina plain and simple. :lol

ezau
02-29-2016, 07:28 PM
i'd much rather curry driving than giving him space.

1. Put a man on him. AND I MEAN ON HIM. No SPACE. PLAY HIM FOR THE SHOT. If he wants to cross over and attmpt to drive to the lane, have guys waiting for him. DO NOT play him for the drive. I REPEAT, do not play him for the drive!!! 3s are more than layups, '

2, KEEP A MAN ON HIM AT ALL TIMES. westbrooke fucked up. He was staring into space most of the time and by the time curry got the ball, he was letting it fly. '

3, make him work on defense. After he gets killed a bit, Kerr usually switches him on the weakest player on the floor. Well, we got to put him in screens so he's forced to play some defense or just leave leonard or parker open. Danny Green can't continue to sit his dumb azz at the 3 point line waiting for an open 3. He's got to make curry work. Screen for leonard and put curry on him all game. Force that fucker to work..

with those 3 keys, we can contain him. but if they want to continue to leave him open and not make him work on defense, he's gonna continue to kill us

Completely agree. I think, however, that Simmons or even Miller will punish Curry more than Green on the defensive end.

LoneStarState'sPride
02-29-2016, 08:45 PM
I'll tell you what's likely to happen:

SA will have this massive home winning streak going, the Dubs will come in motivated to snap it, we'll sit a player or two, get jumped by 20+, Spurfan will lose their shit, media will write the team off and hand GS the trophy on March 20.

Then life will go on, and it'll be a much different tenor if/when we meet in the postseason.

tmtcsc
02-29-2016, 11:22 PM
I would love to see the Spurs win but it really doesn't matter. I don't think the Spurs will catch GSW for HCA. What matters is getting through the rest of the season healthy and improving as a team. The offense is still trailing the defense and there is a lot of room for improvement. The playoffs are a different story and a different game.

Hell, let GSW get the regular season wins record. It will be all the sweeter to knock them out of the title chase.

SpursBig3s
02-29-2016, 11:40 PM
If every post is gonna be a golden state slurpfest ala steeled faggot, UNT we suck we suck we suck, we are 50 and 9 or something and you keep down playing our greatness with recycled excuses then fuck you. :lol

We have a track record of owning GSW and everyone some how forgot and keeps forgetting we sucked in 2014 vs good teams. Same old excuses. The players are always on gear one during the RS.

Every fucking year. At 70% mostly. The players don't wanna over exert themselves during RS games. And yet when we lose these games where the other team is going 100% we just ain't going to win those.

It's like these fucking new age fans don't know shit about how the Spurs operate. :lol

This x1000. It's frustrating as hell sometimes when we don't go all out in those types of games (like when the Warriors did in the bay), but its just what we do. Can't say it isn't the right approach considering we've won 5 titles :lol We'll be fine. Were gonna get to the WCF (its about as close to a fucking lock as you can get), were gonna play the Dubs and we'll see how it plays out. Were the only team in the league that can take these queers out, and if it doesn't happen, so be it they're the better team. But we ain't losing by 30 again:lol

spurspokesman
03-01-2016, 01:42 AM
Pop and the spurs have more to offer than what they gave the last GS game and will pull out all stops when the marbles are up for grabs. Even then GS will be a very tough out

sexinthatsx
03-01-2016, 02:18 AM
How is it not obvious to Spurs fans that the Spurs tanked the first game. I know the loss by 30 was demoralizing, but just look at the game again and see that there were so many plays where the Spurs players had unforced turnovers that were unguarded. I say everybody relax.

Joseph Kony
03-01-2016, 03:25 AM
How is this.

http://i.imgur.com/bupOScq.gif

PopTheGOAT
03-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Bro...you made some points, and they are probably a little too confident, but you got exposed lol. Ye of little faith. You sound like you're straight giving up on FIVE TIME CHAMPS. We have the big 3, LMA, a superstar in Kawhi, and a great bench. We're 50-9. Oh yeah...and arguably the greatest bball coach of all-time. There's some sensibility for ya

spursistan
03-06-2016, 12:33 AM
Manu is back all guns blazing :tu ..Need a fuckin statement game in two-weeks time which might have to include a Porky DNP..

UZER
03-06-2016, 08:55 AM
The warriors are a great Great team. So fucking what! They are going balls out every single game and yet have only managed a 3 game lead over a team that has been resting guys, experimenting with lineups, had injury issues, and incorporating new major pieces to the team. The warriors and an unchanged roster from last year.

I have the utmost confidence the spurs can beat the warriors. The Spurs are the one team in the NBA who has the discipline to not get caught up in a mad scrabble on offense and defense against them in a playoff series. They know how to wear a team down over a series. Of course this is contingent on the team being healthy.

They might still lose, but it will take the Warriors fighting tooth and nail to do so. In the words of Rocky, "and to do that, he's gotta be willin to die himself."

The spurs are comin for them Dubs.

BillMc
03-06-2016, 09:43 AM
The warriors are a great Great team. So fucking what! They are going balls out every single game and yet have only managed a 3 game lead over a team that has been resting guys, experimenting with lineups, had injury issues, and incorporating new major pieces to the team. The warriors and an unchanged roster from last year.

Great Post. Perfect perspective.

Horse
03-06-2016, 09:46 AM
We all saw what happened when we figured out that scrambling heat defense. Curry is amazing but after 82 and the 2 rounds of playoffs his legs have to fade at least a little.

Old School 44
03-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Although it's still an uphill battle, it's nice to know the Spurs control their own destiny for the number one overall seed.
:bobo

SpurPadre
03-13-2016, 12:09 AM
Iguodola is out for two weeks, which makes this a must-win game now.

spursistan
03-13-2016, 03:50 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdZx1g_W4AA9hNM.jpg

See a pattern? Iggy is extremely important for the Warriors especially their defense and his role both in the Small lineup/bench is irreplaceable..Spurs have no excuse to not beat them on B2B next Saturday (Ezeli still out)...I could actually see the Warriors drop few other games to a medicore/average teams if he is out for longer (so far minimum two weeks)

Obstructed_View
03-13-2016, 03:59 PM

It only really means anything if the Spurs can win all three remaining games against the Warriors, go as close to undefeated as possible between now and the playoffs, and hope for someone else to beat the Warriors as well. We know Pop doesn't want to go into the playoffs with a big winning streak so that means the Spurs likely can't catch the Warriors for home court, which means this game, in and of itself, doesn't really mean anything.

This is probably the most meaningful of the three matchups only because it leaves the door open. If the Spurs lose it, they can relax knowing that their spot at #2 is secure.

spursistan
03-14-2016, 04:24 PM

SpurPadre
03-18-2016, 09:23 PM
Bogut injured his foot against the Mavs and is out for the rest of the game. He's questionable for tomorrow.

01Snake
03-18-2016, 10:05 PM
So tired of BSPN's 24/7 dick sucking of the Warriors.

Benoit
03-18-2016, 10:07 PM
So tired of BSPN's 24/7 dick sucking of the Warriors.

:rolleyes as if they dont talk about the Spurs all the time

Solid D
03-18-2016, 10:11 PM
Warriors have an extra, extra gear. I will be surprised if the Spurs can clamp down on them like they have in years past.

Kawhitstorm
03-18-2016, 10:12 PM
Bogut injured his foot against the Mavs and is out for the rest of the game. He's questionable for tomorrow.

:toast