PDA

View Full Version : If Andre Miller averages 6 PPG in the Finals...

SASdynasty!
02-28-2016, 08:26 PM
...like Speedy Claxton did in 2003, will Spurs Talk be able to handle the post volume?

dabom
02-28-2016, 08:27 PM
Its not about average and more about timing...

SASdynasty!
02-28-2016, 08:28 PM
Its not about average and more about timing...
My bad...5 points in the 4th quarter of game 6?

dabom
02-28-2016, 08:29 PM
June 15, 2003 - Reserve San Antonio Spurs guard Craig "Speedy" Claxton took over for an ineffective Tony Parker in the 2nd half of San Antonio's clinching game six victory over the New Jersey Nets. Claxton contributed some needed mid-range consistency for his squad in route to scoring 13 key points, dishing out 4 assists and earning a game-high +21 plus/minus rating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEJA1X1_Lp4

dabom
02-28-2016, 08:31 PM
Go to 1:25 of the video. :lmao

dabom
02-28-2016, 08:32 PM
Does OP try to embarrass himself? :lmao

SASdynasty!
02-28-2016, 08:37 PM
Great, so in Speedy's BEST GAME of the series, he scored less than Parker AVERAGED for the series. Lol.

Oh yah, and I was at that game. EVERY shot down the stretch got the crowd going crazy. The Steven Jackson 3s were way bigger than Speedy's shots, but hey whatever keeps your narrative going.

SASdynasty!
02-28-2016, 08:38 PM
Does OP try to embarrass himself? :lmao
Oh yah, challenging the narrative that Speedy was such a huge part of the 2003 run is crazy. I mean, the guy made 5 shots in a game!! And the video shows every one of them!!

Oh and congratulations, you have the 2003 Championship DVD.

dabom
02-28-2016, 08:40 PM
Great, so in Speedy's BEST GAME of the series, he scored less than Parker AVERAGED for the series. Lol.

Oh yah, and I was at that game. EVERY shot down the stretch got the crowd going crazy. The Steven Jackson 3s were way bigger than Speedy's shots, but hey whatever keeps your narrative going.

Great that you were at the game. Glad we had Speedy for Tony's usual choking. :lmao

No one is making a narrative here. It has always been there. :lmao

gospursgojas
02-28-2016, 08:49 PM
June 15, 2003 - Reserve San Antonio Spurs guard Craig "Speedy" Claxton took over for an ineffective Tony Parker in the 2nd half of San Antonio's clinching game six victory over the New Jersey Nets. Claxton contributed some needed mid-range consistency for his squad in route to scoring 13 key points, dishing out 4 assists and earning a game-high +21 plus/minus rating. He then began to think he was starter material, left to New Orleans or something like that and faded away into obscurity, never to be talked about again other than from Parker haters on local spurs forum

dabom
02-28-2016, 08:50 PM
People trying to discredit what Speedy did in a Championship clinching game. Shitty posters per par. :lmao

dabom
02-28-2016, 08:51 PM
OP set himself up with this one. Come on guys. Ya can try harder. :lmao

Darius McCrary
02-28-2016, 08:59 PM
If only Speedy hadn't torn his labia and missed like 40 games that season

ElNono
02-28-2016, 09:03 PM
Speedy is the stuff of legends... thank you for the 2003 championship, tbh...

ElNono
02-28-2016, 09:04 PM
Plus Andre Miller had immediate impact, tbh... Spurs achieved their 17th consecutive 50-win season as soon as Andre committed with signing with the Spurs...

Can't wait to see how much better we look once he actually signs...

dabom
02-28-2016, 09:06 PM
Brazil scoping out the thread. Doesn't know what to say. :lol

dabom
02-28-2016, 09:07 PM
Speedy is the stuff of legends... thank you for the 2003 championship, tbh...

Up there with Boobie, Patty mills, benched in OKC lore. :lol

gilmor
02-28-2016, 09:27 PM
WHat's your points? Speedy is great.. So is Robert Horry, Steve Kerr, Steph Jackson, Michael Finley. They are tons of players who help Spurs win its championship.

HarlemHeat37
02-28-2016, 09:30 PM
OP is the biggest player-fan on ST, tbh:lol..what a strange and unnecessary thread..

Andre Miller isn't even going to play in the playoffs, yet there's a strange sense of insecurity and defensiveness from OP..

cutewizard
02-28-2016, 09:38 PM
Claxton ...................

cutewizard
02-28-2016, 09:38 PM
its Miller-time!!!

cutewizard
02-28-2016, 09:39 PM
:bobo

SASdynasty!
02-28-2016, 10:09 PM
OP is the biggest player-fan on ST, tbh:lol..what a strange and unnecessary thread..

Andre Miller isn't even going to play in the playoffs, yet there's a strange sense of insecurity and defensiveness from OP..
Just want to get ready for the DVD krew here that started watching the Spurs a few years ago. The dedicated bandwagoners bought the 2003 DVD and watched it a few times and thought Speedy scored more than 2 baskets in the 4th quarter of that closeout game.

PS - Very relevant thread...3rd-string PG in a potential championship run. The odds are decent he averages 6 PPG and 1.5 APG in the Finals and might even make 2 shots in the closeout quarter. I'm just asking, if he does, will he get the Speedy Claxton treatment if Parker averages 14/4/3 like he did in the 2003 Finals?

dabom
02-28-2016, 10:13 PM
Op an insecure playerfan. :lmao

No even the biggest Parker fans in here defending your faggot self. :lmao

Been here for all the Championships OP. :lmao

Blackjack
02-28-2016, 10:17 PM
Plus Andre Miller had immediate impact, tbh... Spurs achieved their 17th consecutive 50-win season as soon as Andre committed with signing with the Spurs...

Can't wait to see how much better we look once he actually signs...

:tu

Nono with the goods, as always.

SASdynasty!
02-28-2016, 10:19 PM
Op an insecure playerfan. :lmao

No even the biggest Parker fans in here defending your faggot self. :lmao

Been here for all the Championships OP. :lmao
Don't need anyone to defend me...the stats do that just fine. Good to hear you've been here for all the chips. I'm a player fan and a team fan. More than one player but no need to defend Ginobili or Duncan as this board doesn't have people post much irrational factless claims about them in general.

SASdynasty!
02-28-2016, 10:21 PM
Duncan is the stuff of legends... thank you for the 2003 championship, tbh...
Fixed.

dabom
02-28-2016, 10:25 PM
Don't need anyone to defend me...the stats do that just fine. Good to hear you've been here for all the chips. I'm a player fan and a team fan. More than one player but no need to defend Ginobili or Duncan as this board doesn't have people post much irrational factless claims about them in general.

Your "preemptive" thread backfired per par. You basically are making fun of Tony in the long run. :lmao

Brazil
02-28-2016, 10:51 PM
? Not sure why my name is being mentioned... I don't even understand what op is about... Smh

TheDoctor
02-28-2016, 10:53 PM
Just want to get ready for the DVD krew here that started watching the Spurs a few years ago. The dedicated bandwagoners bought the 2003 DVD and watched it a few times and thought Speedy scored more than 2 baskets in the 4th quarter of that closeout game.

PS - Very relevant thread...3rd-string PG in a potential championship run. The odds are decent he averages 6 PPG and 1.5 APG in the Finals and might even make 2 shots in the closeout quarter. I'm just asking, if he does, will he get the Speedy Claxton treatment if Parker averages 14/4/3 like he did in the 2003 Finals?
In the end, what's your opinion/take in all this? What do you want to achieve with this thread?

ElNono
02-28-2016, 10:58 PM
:tu

Nono with the goods, as always.

:lol sup my dude... miss your posts and insight, tbh

ElNono
02-28-2016, 11:00 PM

Yeah, strange thread... it's not like everybody is hoping Tony doesn't play in the playoffs (unless we're closing the Thunder in OKC)... we're all hoping he just isn't the fat turd he was last year, tbh, which I would think any Spursfan would want...

dabom
02-28-2016, 11:02 PM
Yeah, strange thread... it's not like everybody is hoping Tony doesn't play in the playoffs (unless we're closing the Thunder in OKC)... we're all hoping he just isn't the fat turd he was last year, tbh, which I would think any Spursfan would want...

I'm dying dude. :lmao

SASdynasty!
02-28-2016, 11:26 PM
In the end, what's your opinion/take in all this? What do you want to achieve with this thread?
Just pre-empting the notion that because a player makes a timely shot, it negates some other player's impact. The greatest example of this might be the Ray Allen 3 in G6. On other forums (and probably this one), what Lebron did in the 2013 Finals was called less than amazing. Not only does he average 25/11/7 for the series, he scored 16 points in the 4th quarter of that game to bring the Heat back. Then he hits the 3 pointer that makes it a 2-point game. But because he missed and Allen makes the last 3 to tie the game, Lebron is branded as getting "bailed out" by a guy that went 3/8 in the game. Then Lebron goes for 37/12/4 in Game 7 including the game-clinching shot. And yet there are people that bring this narrative that somehow Ray Allen was more valuable to that championship. Hey, if that's what you want to believe, go for it.

boutons_deux
02-28-2016, 11:29 PM
June 15, 2003 - Reserve San Antonio Spurs guard Craig "Speedy" Claxton took over for an ineffective Tony Parker in the 2nd half of San Antonio's clinching game six victory over the New Jersey Nets. Claxton contributed some needed mid-range consistency for his squad in route to scoring 13 key points, dishing out 4 assists and earning a game-high +21 plus/minus rating.

ah geez,not this shit again.

Spurs wouldn't have made to the Finals with Speedy.

After the first 2 or 3 Finals games, there was talk of Tony in the running for Finals MVP.

Speedy left the Spurs and went on to a stellar career. :lol

dabom
02-28-2016, 11:29 PM
OP is on that drabble now. :lmao

SASdynasty!
02-28-2016, 11:30 PM
Your "preemptive" thread backfired per par. You basically are making fun of Tony in the long run. :lmao
The only thing that backfired was me not realizing you were going to post a dozen times in this thread.

dabom
02-28-2016, 11:31 PM
Has someone made an Iglesia for Speedy tbh...?

dabom
02-28-2016, 11:32 PM
Is dynasty on dial up tbh... Takes him hours for a reply...

SASdynasty!
02-28-2016, 11:33 PM
Has someone made an Iglesia for Speedy tbh...?
Since he never scored 30 points in a game in his career, maybe we can combine his with Kawhi's.

SASdynasty!
02-28-2016, 11:34 PM
Is dynasty on dial up tbh... Takes him hours for a reply...
I'm not the most popular guy in the world, but I do have some semblance of a life.

dabom
02-28-2016, 11:35 PM
I'm not the most popular guy in the world, but I do have some semblance of a life.

Don't sell yourself short...

Arcadian
02-28-2016, 11:48 PM
Just pre-empting the notion that because a player makes a timely shot, it negates some other player's impact. The greatest example of this might be the Ray Allen 3 in G6. On other forums (and probably this one), what Lebron did in the 2013 Finals was called less than amazing. Not only does he average 25/11/7 for the series, he scored 16 points in the 4th quarter of that game to bring the Heat back. Then he hits the 3 pointer that makes it a 2-point game. But because he missed and Allen makes the last 3 to tie the game, Lebron is branded as getting "bailed out" by a guy that went 3/8 in the game. Then Lebron goes for 37/12/4 in Game 7 including the game-clinching shot. And yet there are people that bring this narrative that somehow Ray Allen was more valuable to that championship. Hey, if that's what you want to believe, go for it.

But Lebron was bailed out in that moment. I never would suggest that Allen was more valuable than Lebron, but that doesn't change the fact that he bailed him out in that moment. Lebron, early in his career, was known for choking at the end of games, especially in the Finals. It appeared that he was doing it again - yes he had great stats and carried the team all game, but when it mattered most he started to fold against a superior Spurs team. Do you realize the impact that airball 3 would have had on his psyche had the Allen shot not happened? It changed everything.

To be fair, though, it wasn't only Allen who bailed him out - it was the random motion of the ball bouncing long off the miss and being tipped by Bosh into Allen's hands - which in turn was caused by Duncan not being on the floor. A series of random/unfortunate events bailed out Lebron.

Blackjack
02-29-2016, 12:29 AM
:lol sup my dude... miss your posts and insight, tbh

After failing to become an NBA player, I attempted to become an NBA writer - it just didn't fulfill me.

So I had a bunch of kids like an NBA player. Much more fulfilling, even if it was another NBA failure... It was with one woman, and I stuck around.

God bless Shawn Kemp.

ElNono
02-29-2016, 12:33 AM
After failing to become an NBA player, I attempted to become an NBA writer - it just didn't fulfill me.

So I had a bunch of kids like an NBA player. Much more fulfilling, even if it was another NBA failure... It was with one woman, and I stuck around.

God bless Shawn Kemp.

:lol Good stuff my man... make sure to check in here once in a while and say hi :toast

Blackjack
02-29-2016, 12:45 AM
:lol Good stuff my man... make sure to check in here once in a while and say hi :toast

Will do, my friend. Still lurk from my phone, just takes too much effort to type from it. :lol

FaM0us Skins
02-29-2016, 01:11 AM
I hope he's more productive than TJ Ford.

Kawhitstorm
02-29-2016, 01:24 AM

He got bailed out b/c his turnover led to baskets on the other end & he was running out of time to makeup for his untimely turnovers. If LeBron wasn't throwing up bricks while being dared to shoot uncontested 17ft shots when he was by far supposed to be the best player in the league then the series wouldn't have come down to Ray Allen hitting a miraculous 3 to save the season & LeBron's legacy.
Otherwise, you could just say the Heat wouldn't even be in the Finals if LeBron wasn't carrying them...no shits Sherlock.:wakeup

TheGreatYacht
02-29-2016, 01:48 AM
As long as he doesn't turn the ball over 8 times like a balding TOSB on the team... I'm good

Kawhitstorm
02-29-2016, 03:20 AM
As long as he doesn't turn the ball over 8 times like a balding TOSB on the team... I'm good

http://flapjacksociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/andre-miller-bald-nuggets1.jpg

TheDoctor
02-29-2016, 08:01 AM
Still, what's your problem with it anyway? Are you a Tony Parker's relative, house employee or something?

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-29-2016, 09:04 AM
Switch that to 6 apg. Miller in the Spurs system should be gravy in getting guys open shots and backdoor cuts for layups and dunks.

Imagine Miller and Boban if they played together this year in garbage time. Boban would have been scoring off Miller's assists almost every time down the court.

SupremeGuy
02-29-2016, 09:12 AM
Yeah, strange thread... it's not like everybody is hoping Tony doesn't play in the playoffs (unless we're closing the Thunder in OKC)... we're all hoping he just isn't the fat turd he was last year, tbh, which I would think any Spursfan would want...This.

DMC
02-29-2016, 10:45 AM
If the Spurs make it to the Finals, Andre Miller is going to be irrelevant. Getting past the dubs is basically a championship.

SpursforSix
02-29-2016, 10:58 AM
If the Spurs make it to the Finals, Andre Miller is going to be irrelevant. Getting past the dubs is basically a championship.

was just about to say the same thing.

If you tell me that Andre Miller is in the Finals this year, then things are good.

lefty
02-29-2016, 11:05 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEJA1X1_Lp4

:lmao Porker

UNT Eagles 2016
02-29-2016, 12:42 PM
If only Speedy hadn't torn his labia and missed like 40 games that season
even worse, he shit on the team by turning into a greedy little pig and taking more money to sign with the shitty Warriors (who were back then a perennial 20-25 win team).

Darius McCrary
03-03-2016, 12:56 AM
even worse, he shit on the team by turning into a greedy little pig and taking more money to sign with the shitty Warriors (who were back then a perennial 20-25 win team).

lol dude you didn't watch the team back then

And he earned his payday. We were the ones who signed him to just 1 year.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-03-2016, 01:00 AM
lol dude you didn't watch the team back then

And he earned his payday. We were the ones who signed him to just 1 year.

what do you mean I didn't? I was 8/9 and alive and well in 2002-03, didn't go to school in the spring semester that year. Only game I missed out of 82 that year was the frickin' Philadelphia away game early in the season (we lost) because it wasn't even on TV.

Godbama
03-03-2016, 01:02 AM
what do you mean I didn't? I was 8/9 and alive and well in 2002-03, didn't go to school in the spring semester that year. Only game I missed out of 82 that year was the frickin' Philadelphia away game early in the season (we lost) because it wasn't even on TV.
are you SURE you were alive?

UNT Eagles 2016
03-03-2016, 01:05 AM

Well considering I graduate from college this semester... and would have been like 5 when I signed up for the guitardude27 account if I was born after the '03 championship... yeah, you get my point.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-03-2016, 01:09 AM

Also, speaking of this thread. I remember the year before (01-02 season) when Andre Miller buried us with a game-tying 3 at the buzzer and then preceded to beat us in OT. This was when Miller was with the pre-Lebron Cavs (who donned baby blue and black instead of wine and gold) and who were a perennial 15-win sewer team at the time. :lol

Joel Meyers: "Unbelievable. Un-be-LIEV-able!"
Quinn Buckner: "Ugh..."

Also Bruce Bowen's first game back after being out injured for 33 games with a broken finger. I remember a lot.

dabom
03-03-2016, 11:26 PM
Porker getting bailed out per par. :lol

spursistan
03-08-2016, 10:29 PM
looks ready for it..:wakeup

HarlemHeat37
03-08-2016, 10:29 PM
Maybe OP was correct to feel defensive and afraid :wow:wow