Not a knock on Pop; unlike Kerr, he has never had a great PG

NASpurs
02-29-2016, 12:31 PM
Lots of great backup PGs though.

lefty
02-29-2016, 12:34 PM
Lots of great backup PGs though.
yeah I guess Parker is a decent backup PG, but it's not enough to repeat

At least we can be thankful that senile Pop gave some minutes to more Alphas PG like Speedy Claxton

UNT Eagles 2016
02-29-2016, 01:57 PM

At least we can be thankful that senile Pop gave some minutes to more Alphas PG like Speedy Claxton
And let him go to the chickenshit Warriors, and Stephen Jackson to the Hawks.

What a chickenshit.

TheGreatYacht
02-29-2016, 01:59 PM
Would've 3-peated if Manu didn't foul Dirk IMO tbh

DMC
02-29-2016, 04:09 PM
Mike has 6 rings. Yeah he has 2 3peats but he has 6 rings. He's known for 6 rings and because the team lost when he left and won when he returned. Teams that win consecutive titles are often juggernauts in the league, and so it's not that impressive they they win again. They'd continue to win if they didn't lose interest. What's impressive is a team that has to rebuild itself and change it's identity to continue to compete, and it does and it wins. Then it does it again and again and again.... and again. What team has rebuilt itself and won a repeat? I cannot think of any. When were the Spurs juggernauts in the league? They have their best record ever right now, and they aren't even favored to win the West.

You come to this forum and act like butter wouldn't melt in your mouth, like the Spurs owe you something because they haven't repeated. You knew that coming in. You can hop another wagon and get shed of that burden.

The Spurs are almost not even part of the league, they came in and found a way to steal 5 rings in the middle of a storm of juggernaut teams stacking franchise level talents and that's more impressive than putting a varsity team together to play against JV and celebrating the wins.

Agloco
02-29-2016, 04:26 PM
Lol Algeria.

skulls138
02-29-2016, 04:34 PM

At least we can be thankful that senile Pop gave some minutes to more Alphas PG like Speedy ClaxtonYou dont make yourself as someone to take seriously with comments like that. We won 5 rings and 4 of them with Parker who was a multiple all-star. Its easy to see through your grumpiness

K...
02-29-2016, 04:54 PM
Pop has numerous consecutive win streaks. We repeat winning almost all the time .

Also lol op here's a list of historically great pg led teams:

2014 warriors

End list.

lefty
02-29-2016, 05:09 PM
Well that was too easy

Keepin' it real
02-29-2016, 05:13 PM
Pop has never repeated ...

So?

DMC
02-29-2016, 06:00 PM
Well that was too easy
First time in the history of your nation that phrase has been uttered.

sprrs
02-29-2016, 06:15 PM
Pretty sure Kerr already repeated with the Bulls.

cascaders
02-29-2016, 08:25 PM
Mike has 6 rings. Yeah he has 2 3peats but he has 6 rings. He's known for 6 rings and because the team lost when he left and won when he returned. Teams that win consecutive titles are often juggernauts in the league, and so it's not that impressive they they win again. They'd continue to win if they didn't lose interest. What's impressive is a team that has to rebuild itself and change it's identity to continue to compete, and it does and it wins. Then it does it again and again and again.... and again. What team has rebuilt itself and won a repeat? I cannot think of any. When were the Spurs juggernauts in the league? They have their best record ever right now, and they aren't even favored to win the West.

You come to this forum and act like butter wouldn't melt in your mouth, like the Spurs owe you something because they haven't repeated. You knew that coming in. You can hop another wagon and get shed of that burden.

The Spurs are almost not even part of the league, they came in and found a way to steal 5 rings in the middle of a storm of juggernaut teams stacking franchise level talents and that's more impressive than putting a varsity team together to play against JV and celebrating the wins.

This exactly. Well said man

cjw
02-29-2016, 08:44 PM
Kerr had his valuable moments as a player and he's a huge upgrade over Mark Jackson as coach, but when all is said and done, he could have 6+ rings with the best SG, best PF or best shooter of all time on every one of those teams.

SpursDynasty
02-29-2016, 08:48 PM
Steve Kerr just rode the coattails of Pop and the Spurs legacy to get to where he is now. He also just came along for the ride with MJ and the Bulls in the late 90s.

Kerr hasn't done anything special. Even Luke Walton was winning while Kerr was out. I love how Kerr acts like a big shot when he was hardly more than a 3rd-string player in the NBA. I would have no problem with Steve Kerr and Stephen Curry if they could win and be humble at the same time, but they can't. Having a good shooting year does not place you among the all-time greats. Sorry but you have at least 4 more championships to go before you can call yourself the best.

LongtimeSpursFan
02-29-2016, 08:51 PM
No other coach has won an NBA championship across the span of three decades.

Russ
02-29-2016, 08:58 PM
No other coach has won an NBA championship across the span of three decades.

I want Duncan to be the only Finals MVP in three different decades. (He should have won it '14.)

tmtcsc
02-29-2016, 09:00 PM
Steve Kerr just rode the coattails of Pop and the Spurs legacy to get to where he is now. He also just came along for the ride with MJ and the Bulls in the late 90s.

Kerr hasn't done anything special. Even Luke Walton was winning while Kerr was out. I love how Kerr acts like a big shot when he was hardly more than a 3rd-string player in the NBA. I would have no problem with Steve Kerr and Stephen Curry if they could win and be humble at the same time, but they can't. Having a good shooting year does not place you among the all-time greats. Sorry but you have at least 4 more championships to go before you can call yourself the best.

You noticed that too? Kerr has been a cocky little bitch just like Iguodala, Green and Curry. At least Thompson has shown a little more humility and class. Kerr's "About time we got a close game" against OKC, and "Damian Lillard looked like Steph Curry out there" and "I'm not sure what we'd do if we had to go up against Steph. Maybe you should ask the old-timers" quotes are nothing short of immature.

Then he tries to play it off like its all in good fun, that it's the entertainment business. Bullshit. He's slinging mud at his critics because it bothers him and deep down he knows they're right. Ever heard of "The Jordan Rules"? The Pistons made sure MJ would get "touched" if he ever tried to go inside or was getting in a rhythm. Jordan knew what he had to do to get past the Pistons and it involved getting tougher, not practicing shots from half court. While I'm venting here, Jordan's Bulls would have demolished Kerr's group of soft-ass twinks. But hey, I'm just saying all this stuff in good fun.

I hope the Spurs beat GSW's ass in the playoffs and put an end to all the Warriors nonsense.

Russ
02-29-2016, 09:10 PM

Kerr hasn't done anything special. Even Luke Walton was winning while Kerr was out.

I might agree except for one thing -- Mark Jackson.

UZER
02-29-2016, 09:15 PM
He's repeated not repeating 5 times.

DeRozan m8
02-29-2016, 09:32 PM
I want Duncan to be the only Finals MVP in three different decades. (He should have won it '14.)

Yeah, thats never going to happen tbh

LoneStarState'sPride
02-29-2016, 10:00 PM

This is fucking poetry that DMC typed right here.

TrainOfThought5
02-29-2016, 10:18 PM

Are you this gullible and easily riled up in real life? Serious question.

TrainOfThought5
02-29-2016, 10:20 PM
He's repeated not repeating 5 times.

GOAT consistency.

TrainOfThought5
02-29-2016, 10:25 PM
Lefty: *Makes weak one sentence troll thread with insecure Spurfan title bait.*

ST: *swallows bait hook line and sinker, responds with walls of text and gnashing of teeth.*

Do better. All of you.

spurs10
02-29-2016, 10:27 PM

Kerr hasn't done anything special. Even Luke Walton was winning while Kerr was out. I love how Kerr acts like a big shot when he was hardly more than a 3rd-string player in the NBA. I would have no problem with Steve Kerr and Stephen Curry if they could win and be humble at the same time, but they can't. Having a good shooting year does not place you among the all-time greats. Sorry but you have at least 4 more championships to go before you can call yourself the best. This

Thomas82
02-29-2016, 11:31 PM

Me too......he got robbed in 2013.

DMC
02-29-2016, 11:35 PM

This sounds like a troll.

Players and teams are never lifted up by themselves. Otherwise every team would do it, every player would do it. The truth reveals itself eventually, but then and now it's all based on collective opinions just like Kobe being ranked 12th all time. You cannot take the good and leave the bad when both come from the same tree.

Steve Kerr is a humble guy. Without him we are missing a ring for sure. He's one of the few guys to ring 4 years in a row. He's had his share of pain, his father was killed when he was young (before he met MJ though), and he's gotten to where he is by being level headed and right most of the time. There are some old YT videos where Steve outlines how the Spurs will beat the Heat and he's dead on, and most other people didn't see it coming.

If you want to hate on a team and a coach, picking that one might help salve the fear you have of them, but it doesn't make any sense.

offset formation
03-01-2016, 01:22 AM

All star level post.

Spurtacular
03-01-2016, 02:30 AM
Would've 3-peated if Manu didn't foul Dirk IMO tbh

That and may have been 6 in a row if not for the cheating in the Lakers series in 04 and 08, tbh.

soxxx
03-01-2016, 02:53 AM
That and may have been 6 in a row if not for the cheating in the Lakers series in 04 and 08, tbh.
Can pinpoint all over the place. Such as Harden's ridiculous 3 point make.

james evans
03-01-2016, 04:48 AM
Kerr had his valuable moments as a player and he's a huge upgrade over Mark Jackson as coach, but when all is said and done, he could have 6+ rings with the best SG, best PF or best shooter of all time on every one of those teams.
how is it an upgrade from jackson when Walton has the best start of any team in nba history? :lol

cutewizard
03-01-2016, 10:26 AM

_------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best paragraph in spurstalk this week

agree

:bobo

lefty
03-01-2016, 10:39 AM
No we wouldn't have won in 2006, the way Wade was getting calls :lol

Pauleta14
03-01-2016, 10:52 AM
Not a knock on Pop; unlike Kerr, he has never had a great PG

Mustapha Dahleb !!!!!!!!!!

Tu remontes dans mon estime Lefty!! :toast

lefty
03-01-2016, 11:43 AM
Mustapha Dahleb !!!!!!!!!!

Tu remontes dans mon estime Lefty!! :toast
:lol c'est seulement parce que c'est un compatriote qui a marqué l'histoire du club :D

Mais sinon j'aime bien le PSG, j'ai bien apprécié mon expérience au Parc des Princes :tu

Et comment peut-on oublier les phénomènes Amara Simba et Rai ?

cutewizard
03-01-2016, 11:46 AM
:claw

Blue Duck
03-01-2016, 11:56 AM

I'm blue duck.......and I approve this message.

I. Hustle
03-01-2016, 12:00 PM
:lol c'est seulement parce que c'est un compatriote qui a marqué l'histoire du club :D

Mais sinon j'aime bien le PSG, j'ai bien apprécié mon expérience au Parc des Princes :tu

J'aime mettre les navets dans mon pantalon le dimanche . Aimez-vous les dragons aubergines cupcake ?

PopTheGOAT
03-01-2016, 02:49 PM

Crazy to think the Bulls would've likely 8-peated if Jordan didn't get his father killed because of his gambling addiction, then feel guilty about it and play baseball. Everyone has a weakness I guess, his just wasn't on the court.

Also, terrible title to this troll thread. Kerr not only repeated, but he's the only player in the last 60 years to 4-peat.

Pauleta14
03-01-2016, 03:39 PM

Je suis moitié algérien donc c'est un de mes heros, mais Susic et Raï sont au dessus (avec Pastore nowdays).

PS/ Tant que tu ne supportes pas Marseille... :lol

lefty
03-01-2016, 03:46 PM
Je suis moitié algérien donc c'est un de mes heros, mais Susic et Raï sont au dessus (avec Pastore nowdays).

PS/ Tant que tu ne supportes pas Marseille... :lol
Nan mais j'ai un pote qui supporte l'OM :lol
L'été passé j'étais en terrasse en plein centre-ville (Montréal) et j'attendais le pote en question; il était dans les nuages et a failli se faire écraser par un bus; le bus en question était celui du PSG :lmao (ils étaient ici pour la super coupe de France)

Sinon je savais pas que t'étais moitié DZ :tu

Pastore au dessus de Mouss? crofl

Pauleta14
03-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Nan mais j'ai un pote qui supporte l'OM :lol
L'été passé j'étais en terrasse en plein centre-ville (Montréal) et j'attendais le pote en question; il était dans les nuages et a failli se faire écraser par un bus; le bus en question était celui du PSG :lmao (ils étaient ici pour la super coupe de France)

Sinon je savais pas que t'étais moitié DZ :tu

Pastore au dessus de Mouss? crofl

Pas au dessus de Dalheb, mais Pastore pour l'élégance le coté artiste, il est unique (si seulement il était moins blessé..)

Ènorme l'histoire de ton pote! :lol

lefty
03-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Pas au dessus de Dalheb, mais Pastore pour l'élégance le coté artiste, il est unique (si seulement il était moins blessé..)

Ènorme l'histoire de ton pote! :lol
:lol j'ai quand même réussi a prendre une photo du bus lol, dommage que je n'aie pas filmé ce moment

Spurtacular
03-01-2016, 07:46 PM
No we wouldn't have won in 2006, the way Wade was getting calls :lol

We matched up better with the Heat; would've finished em in 5, tbh.

SpursDynasty
03-01-2016, 09:02 PM
The Warriors are Spurs are not as far apart as everyone thinks. Okay, overall record, 4 games ahead in the loss column, but

GS is 31-3 vs the West, the Spurs are 30-5 vs. the West. This is with several games without Duncan or Kawhi or Manu too.

It's all coming to end soon, Warriors. Enjoy it while you can.