PDA

View Full Version : first take

RayTdropout
02-29-2016, 01:24 PM
watching these guys talk about the OKC Warriors Pretty much saying that o_k_c is the only team that is a threat to the warriors in the west. that golden state blowout against the spurs really made these guys just write Us off. I no it's just regular season but I really hope we beat them this next game at home.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-29-2016, 01:28 PM
Even Skip? :(

RayTdropout
02-29-2016, 01:30 PM
yeah skip Is on a big obsession with curry right now

coachmac87
02-29-2016, 01:36 PM
Who gives a fuck what they think lol.

Same people who thought the Warriors were overrated before the season started

Horse
02-29-2016, 01:38 PM
Fuck skip the flip after we beat them.

FromWayDowntown
02-29-2016, 01:39 PM
Oh noes. The Spurs won't be invited the NBA BCS championship game because they won't be high enough in the polls, I guess.

SPURt
02-29-2016, 01:39 PM
The media may be the most logical destroyer of the Warriors. The media has always written off the Spurs but it doesn't change how they play. Every day I read a new article about how this Warriors team isn't an all time great team and is a product of era. The Draymond melt down at halftime of OKC is a possible symptom that they may not handle getting behind in a series as well. Who melts down at the half on a team that's 50+ wins and 5 losses? Especially over points?

Those 42 footers Curry is making are desperation shots and have saved the Warriors over and over. More power to him, if that is something he can do in his prime he should do it. However, the Warriors are favored and should be because their record and stats demand it. The media is searching hard for angles in a completely boring season with the Warriors being so dominant. When someone or some entity is this successful for this long the media starts looking for flaws.

i also think this season has been historic for the Spurs because the Warriors have taken all the media pressure off the Spurs. In another year, the Spurs would be hearing the same negativity leading the league in point differential and record.

RayTdropout
02-29-2016, 01:45 PM
Spurt Thats what's crazy the Spurs are having an amazing season as well. I guess it's just the way the media has labeled the Spurs team As boring where we get no media attention

Kawhitstorm
02-29-2016, 01:48 PM
Even Skip? :(

Skip said the Spurs would beat the Cripples in 6 games even after they blew the Pelicans game & only HarlemHeat37 agreed with me that the Cripples would win in 7 (I was lurking at that time b/c the mods wouldn't approve)

:wakeup

AFMadison
02-29-2016, 02:05 PM
Skip said the Spurs would beat the Cripples in 6 games even after they blew the Pelicans game & only HarlemHeat37 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11597) agreed with me that the Cripples would win in 7 (I was lurking at that time b/c the mods wouldn't approve)

So you were lurking which means that you never made your prediction on the Clips winning in 7?

Darius Bieber
02-29-2016, 02:21 PM
So Spurs losing to the Warriors by 30 means they aren't good enough, but the Warriors losing to the Blazers by 40 means nothing?

webshad
02-29-2016, 02:26 PM
So Spurs losing to the Warriors by 30 means they aren't good enough, but the Warriors losing to the Blazers by 40 means nothing?

good question

BillMc
02-29-2016, 02:33 PM

Post of the week. :toast

SD126
02-29-2016, 02:52 PM

Greatest post in this forum :toast

NameLess Scrub
02-29-2016, 02:59 PM

Every Warriors loss this season can be considered a fluke and product of their human nature kicking in from time to time.
Warriors win over Spurs is considered another showing of Curry's/GSW greatness.

Tbh, what else could we expect? Can only hope Curry cools down a little by POs time.

Keepin' it real
02-29-2016, 03:08 PM
Who gives a f*ck what they think?

Way more people than those who care what you think.

PopTheGOAT
02-29-2016, 03:09 PM
Being completely objective, if the Warriors don't win it all this year, I'd view it as an upset. I give the Spurs, and the Spurs only, a small chance to beat them. As a Spurs fan, a part of me still feels like they're gonna pull something out of their ass. I could see the Warriors wearing down in the playoffs from the grind of chasing the Bulls record. More so mentally than physically. The Spurs just need health and they'll be right there when it counts.

SPURt
02-29-2016, 03:10 PM
Spurt Thats what's crazy the Spurs are having an amazing season as well. I guess it's just the way the media has labeled the Spurs team As boring where we get no media attention
I'm totally ok with having none of the media care. I love being a Spurs fan because winning takes precedence over everything else. Ultimately, I believe health first and chemistry second will determine the champion. The media can be a huge detriment to the second point. The Warriors have played a lot of close games and none of their three of Curry, Green, and Klay are going to get much rest as they chase history. I can't wait for this season to play out!

BatManu20
02-29-2016, 03:17 PM
Stephen A. is a notorious Spurs-hater. Skip's usually a big Spurs homer, but he's been saying the Warriors are unbeatable for a while now. Tweets about them all the time.

TDomination
02-29-2016, 03:17 PM
Every Warriors loss this season can be considered a fluke and product of their human nature kicking in from time to time.
Warriors win over Spurs is considered another showing of Curry's/GSW greatness.

Tbh, what else could we expect? Can only hope Curry cools down a little by POs time.

Yeah but the last few games for the warriors have been anything but dominant. Barely beat the heat, lose to Blazers by over 30, squeaked by the Hawks, only beat clippers by 3 and took a miracle to beat okc.

They have really been relying on these deep 3s lately and honestly I hope they keep playing like this because with everyone saying how great they are, their heads are just getting bigger and bigger and they hopefully will think they are unbeatable with the 3 and rely on taking 100 threes a game to win.

NameLess Scrub
02-29-2016, 03:20 PM
I'm totally ok with having none of the media care. I love being a Spurs fan because winning takes precedence over everything else. Ultimately, I believe health first and chemistry second will determine the champion. The media can be a huge detriment to the second point. The Warriors have played a lot of close games and none of their three of Curry, Green, and Klay are going to get much rest as they chase history. I can't wait for this season to play out!

I still don't buy they'll get tired looking at age and minutes they play.

They don't seem to be killing themselves to get the Bulls record.

NameLess Scrub
02-29-2016, 03:24 PM
Yeah but the last few games for the warriors have been anything but dominant. Barely beat the heat, lose to Blazers by over 30, squeaked by the Hawks, only beat clippers by 3 and took a miracle to beat okc.

They have really been relying on these deep 3s lately and honestly I hope they keep playing like this because with everyone saying how great they are, their heads are just getting bigger and bigger and they hopefully will think they are unbeatable with the 3 and rely on taking 100 threes a game to win.

Dominant or not, they keep winning (except for POR). Same they've been doing all season by shooting tons of 3s. I guess if they had some sort of losing streak people would start doubting then.

Maybe the closer games is a sign they'll eventually slow down, hopefully on time.

At least that Draymond's rant looks good for other teams :lol

itzsoweezee
02-29-2016, 03:41 PM

Yes. That Spurs gsw game was hyped for weeks. The Spurs players were definitely up for that game and got trounced. Warriors don't really give a shit about scrub teams like the blazers, especially coming off the all star break. Warriors are undefeated against the best teams in the league.

itzsoweezee
02-29-2016, 03:44 PM
Skip said the Spurs would beat the Cripples in 6 games even after they blew the Pelicans game & only HarlemHeat37 agreed with me that the Cripples would win in 7 (I was lurking at that time b/c the mods wouldn't approve)

Spurs should have won that series. Popovich threw it away with his hack a Jordan gimmick. Gregg stays getting outcoached by black coaches.

DMC
02-29-2016, 04:07 PM
Pop doesn't get out coached by anyone but himself and his mistakes are rarely coaching issues, just too cutesy with his gimmicks.

Solid D
02-29-2016, 04:36 PM
The Warriors deserve most of the praise they receive, both offensively and defensively. Even though the Spurs are the best defensive team, the Warriors are right there with them, including Opp FG% and Opp 3-Pt%. The Warriors have proven better in most of the clutch stats, plus they have Mr. Curry. The Thunder are amazing, also. Discounting the Spurs, though, is just silly.

Texas_Ranger
02-29-2016, 04:39 PM
why does anyone even watch this shit?

and the Warriors are the best team, so if someone says that they will defeat the Spurs I can't really be mad.... but LOL OKC.

Budkin
02-29-2016, 04:48 PM

Wow, DB bringing it!

Spurs 4 The Win
02-29-2016, 04:49 PM
yeah skip Is on a big obsession with curry right now

Im so surprised Skip is latching on to another team he feels will be a contender for years to come and disowning us. He never seems like a glory hunting bandwagon fan. Color me shocked.

SPURt
02-29-2016, 07:16 PM
I still don't buy they'll get tired looking at age and minutes they play.

They don't seem to be killing themselves to get the Bulls record.
This true, they're average around 33 min per game. I don't think fatigue is the greatest worry but injury. None of them are taking games off. Westbrook and Durant got run into the ground playing more minutes. It wasn't fatigue but injury. Chasing history requires ignoring injuries they might've rested otherwise. The Spurs are also contributing to that as well. The Spurs are not that far back, though it's not realistic to expect the Spurs to win out.

spurtech09
02-29-2016, 07:28 PM
Just wait intill the play-offs.....

Kawhitstorm
02-29-2016, 09:51 PM
So you were lurking which means that you never made your prediction on the Clips winning in 7?

I was balls deep in your mom though...:wakeup

steeledl
02-29-2016, 10:48 PM
Breaking news: the rest of the sports world believes they are unstoppable...... Just like the rest of us not in denial

KDKSpurs24
02-29-2016, 11:02 PM
I just saw Stephen A. in person. He was speaking at my college. I was gonna ask him about this but too many people were lining up to ask questions lol

Spurtacular
03-01-2016, 01:17 AM
Skip said the Spurs would beat the Cripples in 6 games even after they blew the Pelicans game & only HarlemHeat37 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11597) agreed with me that the Cripples would win in 7 (I was lurking at that time b/c the mods wouldn't approve)

Uh, you didn't have this screen name then. With which of your screen names were you agreeing with yourself?

Sec24Row7
03-01-2016, 01:26 AM
One of the best finals of all time featured a blowout by 30 of the team that eventually won in 7...

2005 Spurs vs Pistons?

AFMadison
03-01-2016, 02:00 AM
I was balls deep in your mom though...:wakeup
Lol I mean you make yourself look stupid, it's kind of easy to pick on you

pookenstein
03-01-2016, 03:37 AM

He was lurking until 2015 and then had 7127posts in 238 days. 30p/d
:lol

Spurs9
03-01-2016, 10:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ekdXHy6mg8
:lmao Udonnnnnis

Killakobe81
03-01-2016, 10:24 AM
Green's shooting %'s dropping is more of a concern then his temper tantrum ...
Spurs only team with the goods to beat the Dubs if they are healthy. OKC has talent but not the mental fortitude or proven coaching. The dubs are the favorites and rightfully so.

But the media and the old salty vets has actually fueled the Dubs fire. First Doc called them lucky. Harden and his peers claimed he was the real MVP. Draymond not getting DPOTY. They won last year but came back hungrier. Their defense and focus has slipped a bit but Curry has hid that with his brilliance.

We will see how it all shakes out. But I wouldnt place to much emphasis on Spurs winning at home vs. Dubs on a second of back2back. The games played with at least one days rest is a better indicator for what we will see in the playoffs if they meet.

Seventyniner
03-01-2016, 10:29 AM
We will see how it all shakes out. But I wouldnt place to much emphasis on Spurs winning at home vs. Dubs on a second of back2back. The games played with at least one days rest is a better indicator for what we will see in the playoffs if they meet.

Both GS @ SA games are on the second night of a back-to-back for the Warriors, and the last game @GS is late enough in the season that at least one of the teams is likely to have their seeding locked up. We may not see either team show their hand until game 1 of the WCF.

Kawhitstorm
03-01-2016, 11:55 AM
Uh, you didn't have this screen name then. With which of your screen names were you agreeing with yourself?

I agreed with the same screen name Jimmer signed his contract.

Kawhitstorm
03-01-2016, 12:35 PM

You know what's easy? Getting your mom to open up her thighs.:wakeup

Kawhitstorm
03-01-2016, 12:38 PM
Green's shooting %'s dropping is more of a concern then his temper tantrum ...

Draymond is a 6'6" Lance Stephenson with better teammates/coaches.:wakeup

webshad
03-01-2016, 01:10 PM
Warriors don't really give a shit about scrub teams like the blazers, especially coming off the all star break.

Not true due to the fact that they're chasing the Bull's record.

The Portland loss was legit. Lillard was on fire and Curry did accept the challenge but the Blazers were just too much.

BillMc
03-01-2016, 01:10 PM
Im so surprised Skip is latching on to another team he feels will be a contender for years to come and disowning us. He never seems like a glory hunting bandwagon fan. Color me shocked.
:toast

To be honest I would be happy to be rid of Skip. Everytime he says "my Spurs" I cringe. Hate that guy, his views, and those stupid sighs he makes before every argument.

AFMadison
03-01-2016, 10:54 PM
You know what's easy? Getting your mom to open up her thighs.:wakeup

Benoit
03-02-2016, 01:50 AM
Most experts agree that the Thunder are the biggest threat to us

I have to concur

I respect the Spurs, but OKC matches up much better against us because of Durant and their explosiveness

Spurs are too old and slow and they dont have anybody that can take over a game