PDA

View Full Version : leo and global warming

clambake
02-29-2016, 01:26 PM
dark colors absorb much more heat and increase surface temperature.

what is he really trying to say?

:bobo

Wild Cobra
02-29-2016, 09:21 PM
I wonder how much he makes personally, as a paid part in his foundation:

http://leonardodicaprio.org/

As for dark colors, that's only what our eyes perceive. What really matters is the emissivity of the IR spectra. Some dark colors are transparent or reflective to IR.

SpursforSix
02-29-2016, 10:46 PM
I wonder how much he makes personally, as a paid part in his foundation:

http://leonardodicaprio.org/

As for dark colors, that's only what our eyes perceive. What really matters is the emissivity of the IR spectra. Some dark colors are transparent or reflective to IR.

A great man once said, "In the dark, we are all the same color."

ChumpDumper
02-29-2016, 11:24 PM
I wonder how much he makes personally, as a paid part in his foundationYou think he's hurting for money?

CROFL.

Wild Cobra
02-29-2016, 11:27 PM
You think he's hurting for money?

CROFL.

No, but most these foundations pay their top executives six figure salaries. Just pointing that out. I have never seen any facts that he is doing this solely out of the goodness of his heart.

ChumpDumper
02-29-2016, 11:36 PM
No, but most these foundations pay their top executives six figure salaries. Just pointing that out. I have never seen any facts that he is doing this solely out of the goodness of his heart.You have also never seen any facts that he is taking a six figure salary from this foundation.

Wild Cobra
02-29-2016, 11:37 PM
You have also never seen any facts that he is taking a six figure salary from this foundation.

Wanna place a bet?

ChumpDumper
02-29-2016, 11:41 PM
Wanna place a bet?That you haven't gotten any facts about Leo's getting a six figure salary from his foundation?

Sure.

The Reckoning
03-01-2016, 12:05 AM
i'm sure he gets a nice tax break, though he's probably not in it just for that...

Wild Cobra
03-01-2016, 12:08 AM
That you haven't gotten any facts about Leo's getting a six figure salary from his foundation?

Sure.

LOL...

I do look things up. If not before hand, later like I did right after my last post.

There are no 990's filed since 2008, and he took zero for income then and the year before. Since then, it was rolled over to a CCF fund that takes care of tax filing, and I was unable to find any recent records.

He probably maintains the zero income.

Wild Cobra
03-01-2016, 12:11 AM
i'm sure he gets a nice tax break, though he's probably not in it just for that...

I doubt as an actor, he gets much of a tax break. Since his income isn't capital gains, he likely pays the top marginal rates for federal and California.

Isn't mortgage interest capped? Breaks on personal funds to charities and retirement savings, but he still has a huge income to pay taxes on.

ChumpDumper
03-01-2016, 12:49 AM
LOL...

I do look things up. If not before hand, later like I did right after my last post.

There are no 990's filed since 2008, and he took zero for income then and the year before. Since then, it was rolled over to a CCF fund that takes care of tax filing, and I was unable to find any recent records.

He probably maintains the zero income.So I was right on both counts.

Go figure.

Wild Cobra
03-01-2016, 01:00 AM
So I was right on both counts.

Go figure.

This time, yes. At least I'm man enough to admit being wrong.

DarrinS
03-01-2016, 10:31 AM
People who fly private jets all over the place shouldn't cry about global warming, tbh.

Blake
03-01-2016, 10:34 AM
This time, yes. At least I'm man enough to admit being wrong.

This time, yes. There's still that pesky black surgeon thing tho.

Blake
03-01-2016, 10:35 AM
No, but most these foundations pay their top executives six figure salaries. Just pointing that out. I have never seen any facts that he is doing this solely out of the goodness of his heart.

Lol Leo needing a six figure salary on the side

DMX7
03-01-2016, 11:29 AM
People who fly private jets all over the place shouldn't cry about global warming, tbh.

How petty. As if one small private jet is the driving force behind global warming.

Wild Cobra
03-01-2016, 11:37 AM
This time, yes. There's still that pesky black surgeon thing tho.
LOL...

That really got to you, didn't it.

Wow...

That's funny.

Wild Cobra
03-01-2016, 11:39 AM
Lol Leo needing a six figure salary on the side

I never said he needed. Most these wealthy people put on a face for the public, and live lives hypocritical to their words. I am one to say, facts make statistics, but statistics don't make facts. This guy is outside of the statistical norm when it comes to foundations.

My hat's off to him. This surprised me.

Th'Pusher
03-01-2016, 12:16 PM
This guy is outside of the statistical norm when it comes to foundations.

I'll bet you have neither facts nor statistics to back up this claim.

Wild Cobra
03-01-2016, 10:39 PM
I'll bet you have neither facts nor statistics to back up this claim.

What... That statistically, the head of a large foundation draws a six figure salary?

Have at it...

Reck
03-02-2016, 12:02 AM

Necesary evil?

How else do you figure one can go from point A to point B when it relates to other countries outside of the US?

Is not like they can go green.

Wild Cobra
03-02-2016, 03:37 AM
Necesary evil?

How else do you figure one can go from point A to point B when it relates to other countries outside of the US?

Use commercial. Not private.

Reck
03-02-2016, 04:12 AM
Use commercial. Not private.

What's the difference?

DarrinS
03-02-2016, 07:49 AM
Necesary evil?

It's the same hypocrisy of an anti gun celeb who enjoys an armed security detail. They have theirs, but they don't want you to have yours.

boutons_deux
03-02-2016, 08:08 AM
http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/actors/leonardo-dicaprio-net-worth/

DarrinS
03-02-2016, 08:47 AM
http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/actors/leonardo-dicaprio-net-worth/

Point?

Blake
03-02-2016, 10:57 AM
It's the same hypocrisy of an anti gun celeb who enjoys an armed security detail. They have theirs, but they don't want you to have yours.

Which celeb is that?

Or is it just a strawceleb

Blake
03-02-2016, 11:01 AM
What... That statistically, the head of a large foundation draws a six figure salary?

Have at it...

No, idiot. "Most these wealthy people put on a face for the public, and live lives hypocritical to their words........"

Do have facts or stats to back up your claim of "most"?

I'll wager you don't and you're ass talking as you have been known to do time and again

Wild Cobra
03-02-2016, 12:11 PM
What's the difference?

Serious?

You don't know?

How about fuel usage per person, unless you expect him to walk, bicycle, or ride a horse.

In my view, it's only hypocritical when you use more than necessary to accomplish the task, if advocating green themes.

RandomGuy
03-02-2016, 12:56 PM
That you [Wild Cobra] haven't gotten any facts about Leo's getting a six figure salary from his foundation?

Sure.

Dang, I want in on that bet. Talk about a sure thing...

Wild Cobra
03-02-2016, 02:09 PM
Dang, I want in on that bet. Talk about a sure thing...

Just a tad bit late...