PDA

View Full Version : Fathead

Horse
02-29-2016, 01:48 PM
I know alot of you hate him but the guy can score. I think posting him especially against a smaller team like gs could work at times.

itzsoweezee
02-29-2016, 02:37 PM
Yes, he can score, but he passes up too many shots. He makes inconsequential passes rather than take the good shot way too often.

daslicer
02-29-2016, 02:53 PM
I think with him its a confidence issue and that he doesn't know when to be assertive. I'm hoping Andre Miller who is a similar player to Kyle when it comes to playing style can help give him some pointers on how to be effective.

buttsR4rebounding
02-29-2016, 04:32 PM
Yes, he can score, but he passes up too many shots. He makes inconsequential passes rather than take the good shot way too often.

He has definitely been improving on this. He has been much more aggressive lately. I just wish he would take the 3 ball more often. He shoots it well enough.

skulls138
02-29-2016, 04:37 PM
He should take it if hes open but never try to develop a quick release because his talent is when he fakes the three, drives and creates.

lilbthebasedgod
02-29-2016, 04:52 PM
He should take it if hes open but never try to develop a quick release because his talent is when he fakes the three, drives and creates.
Yeah I agree, I don't see a point to him having a quick shot. He's too tall for it to matter and he can get people to bite on a slow release.

Solid D
02-29-2016, 05:13 PM
Horse just wanted to call him "Fathead" in public.

LongtimeSpursFan
02-29-2016, 05:40 PM
Offensive player with the most potential. Spurs got a steal in the late first round again. Could be right up there with George Hill.

Kikoluna
02-29-2016, 08:10 PM
The guy has no business in a spurs uniform. Just terrible.

look_at_g_shred
02-29-2016, 10:37 PM
The guy has no business in a spurs uniform. Just terrible.
The fuck?

DMC
02-29-2016, 11:41 PM
The fuck?
Another troll in the mold of apo and the other HH and the cat lovers collection.

Spurs have plenty of shooters. Everyone on the team is a bigger scoring threat than Kyle, and Pop will tell him when he's being too passive.

SAGirl
02-29-2016, 11:54 PM
It does look like they have pushed him to be aggressive for now, which makes perfect sense without Manu and Patty being streaky anyways. For as long as Manu is out, he will have to remain aggressive, which is great for his development and may even be needed in the postseason. When Manu gets back, Kyle having improved as a player will only help Manu find a groove as well.

Some may forget they had a couple of very good games together b4 the testicle injury. I see Kyle's development these past few games as more significant for the team than any marginal no difference maker signing. To me, A.Miller is even a potential mentor to slowmo, as Pop is always looking to improve his young players, and maybe even Simmons too

playbonner15
03-01-2016, 12:39 AM
How bout 'Fivehead'?

Dex
03-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Dude's been shooting lights out, and seems to get a lot of steals and deflections with his length and timing despite being slow-footed.

$pursDynasty
03-01-2016, 11:50 AM
well initially drafted/scouted he was compared to Boris Diaw and the same thing can be said about him way to often especially in the regular season. If he (Boris) wanted to Boris (and if he was a stat whore) he could be an older man's Raymond Green. So maybe Kyle is waiting to unleash it come playoff time like Boris. Or who the heck knows maybe CIA Pop tells them to play that way in the regular season.

SpursforSix
03-01-2016, 11:53 AM
well initially drafted/scouted he was compared to Boris Diaw and the same thing can be said about him way to often especially in the regular season. If he (Boris) wanted to Boris (and if he was a stat whore) he could be an older man's Raymond Green. So maybe Kyle is waiting to unleash it come playoff time like Boris. Or who the heck knows maybe CIA Pop tells them to play that way in the regular season.

That would be awesome if Anderson was really super fast, quick, and deadly from 3. And that these last 2 years have just been a big set up.

$pursDynasty
03-01-2016, 12:09 PM
That would be awesome if Anderson was really super fast, quick, and deadly from 3. And that these last 2 years have just been a big set up.
Well I don't think he has been hiding speed or a three point shot, but the aggressive willingness to shoot between typical regular season Bobo (there is a rare exception) and indispensable impossible matchup playoff Bobo is stark and seemingly just a difference in mindset, maybe the same can be said of Fathead come playoff time. All the talk of lack of speed when he was drafted worried me, I was expecting him to be constantly blown by like Belli, he really hasn't been that much of a liability on defense. Awesome defender? No but not a dumpster fire either. I also like that he never seems frantic or out of control driving to the basket (unlike Verde and Simmons sometimes) he is cool in control to his shot, he just needs to go for it more.

JeffDuncan
03-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Kyle Anderson stats.

http://m.bkref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXaXXanderky01.html&t=2

Notice his 2pt FG percentage, this season compared to last. Identical stat for attempts, per 36 mins, but makes go from .359 to .512. Huge improvement. Significant increase in assists, too. Also, FT%.

Call him what you want, the kid is getting better.

TEXICAN
03-01-2016, 12:55 PM
Fathead, Simmons, Diaw and TP all need to shoot more 3s imo.

jeebus
03-01-2016, 01:15 PM
In 6 games over the last 3 months, he's scored between 10 and 14 points. 4 of those 6 games were blowout wins. He's basically Errors reincarnated; showing up whenever the game doesn't matter then having people blow their load over the fact. He's the next Boris just like Nando was the next Manu.

Horse
03-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Also a pretty good defender and good rebounder. I think some have been a little rough on him.

$pursDynasty
03-01-2016, 01:28 PM
In 6 games over the last 3 months, he's scored between 10 and 14 points. 4 of those 6 games were blowout wins. He's basically Errors reincarnated; showing up whenever the game doesn't matter then having people blow their load over the fact. He's the next Boris just like Nando was the next Manu.
While Nando had fans on ST, though I wasn't one of them, I don't ever remember Ayers or Austin Daye ever having much support on ST. Now I was a JayMichael Green guy (we graduated from same college, Roll Tide!) but what he did well we didn't need, and what we needed he didn't do well. Ayers was the ST whipping boy after Blair and before Parker (who proceeded LMA).

SpursforSix
03-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Well I don't think he has been hiding speed or a three point shot, but the aggressive willingness to shoot between typical regular season Bobo (there is a rare exception) and indispensable impossible matchup playoff Bobo is stark and seemingly just a difference in mindset, maybe the same can be said of Fathead come playoff time. All the talk of lack of speed when he was drafted worried me, I was expecting him to be constantly blown by like Belli, he really hasn't been that much of a liability on defense. Awesome defender? No but not a dumpster fire either. I also like that he never seems frantic or out of control driving to the basket (unlike Verde and Simmons sometimes) he is cool in control to his shot, he just needs to go for it more.

No...I wasn't saying that was the case. But it would just be awesome.

I do think he could be a good 3 point shooter if he got some time. Your point about him staying in control is right on.

PopTheGOAT
03-01-2016, 05:04 PM
Fathead, Simmons, Diaw and TP all need to shoot more 3s imo.
Sure, except Simmons. He takes all he needs to take.

TEXICAN
03-01-2016, 05:28 PM
Sure, except Simmons. He takes all he needs to take.

He shoots a good percentage, I just want more 3s anyway possible from anyone really. TP being number 1 on my list, seems like he shoots like 80 percent from 3 late in the shot clock, I dont see why he cant get some more looks early in the shot clock

Dex
03-01-2016, 06:33 PM

Errors only scored 10+ points 7 times in 124 games for the Spurs. And he came in as an established vet, so didn't get the rookie treatment.

Anderson isn't going to be a savior or anything, but don't do him dirty like that by comparing him with Jeff.