PDA

View Full Version : A letter from my congressman- immigrant children representation

RandomGuy
03-01-2016, 04:05 PM
Knowing of our shared concern that children and other vulnerable immigrants are treated fairly in court, I write today to share with you my sponsorship of the Fair Day in Court for Kids Act, which will be introduced in Congress tomorrow.

This important bill provides counsel, legal orientation programs, and case management for children and other individuals, including those with disabilities. Currently, children as young as toddlers who are fleeing persecution often have to make their case before an immigration judge without legal representation. I have repeatedly spoken out on the House Floor to encourage the treatment of all children with humanity. Support for exploited children, which exists on both sides of the aisle, should include children born on both sides of the border.

I will continue working with my colleagues, local organizations, and concerned individuals to ensure those who appear in immigration court are treated equitably

As always, please keep me advised on any federal matters on which I may be of assistance.

Not sure if y'all keep track of things, but this bill will prevent 5 year olds from essentially having to represent themselves in immigration court. Kinda fucked up. Not really much of a due process at all.

clambake
03-01-2016, 04:14 PM
why are you torturing avante with these kid threads?