PDA

View Full Version : oh. More Catholic priests shooting par

Blake
03-01-2016, 09:10 PM
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) — Two Catholic bishops who led a small Pennsylvania diocese helped cover up the sexual abuse of hundreds of children by more than 50 priests and other religious leaders over a 40-year period, according to a grand jury report that portrays the church as holding such sway over law enforcement that it helped select a police chief.

The 147-page report issued Tuesday on sexual abuse in the Altoona-Johnstown Diocese, home to nearly 100,000 Roman Catholics, was based partly on evidence from a secret diocesan archive opened through a search warrant over the summer.

In announcing the findings, Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane said the diocese's two previous bishops "placed their desire to avoid public scandal over the well-being of children.

No criminal charges are being filed in the case because some abusers have died, the statute of limitations has expired, or victims are too traumatized to testify, she said.

Of the victims, Kane said: "Their souls were killed as children. They weren't out playing baseball; they were trying to avoid priests."

The report was especially critical of Bishops James Hogan and Joseph Adamec. Hogan, who headed the diocese from 1966 to 1986, died in 2005. Adamec, who succeeded him, retired in 2011.

Adamec cited possible self-incrimination in refusing to testify before the grand jury. But in a court filing, his attorney said the accusations against the 80-year-old Adamec are unfounded. He required 14 priests accused under his watch to undergo psychiatric evaluation, the filing said. Nine of them were suspended or removed from ministry, and the five who were reinstated never re-offended, his attorney wrote.

"Bishop Adamec's handling of abuse allegations has no similarity to other clergy abuse scandals," his attorney wrote.

The current bishop, Mark Bartchak, is not accused of any wrongdoing. He recently suspended a few priests named as alleged abusers in the report, though the grand jury said it remains "concerned the purge of predators is taking too long."

In a statement, Bartchak said: "I deeply regret any harm that has come to children."

The clergy sex abuse crisis erupted in 2002, when The Boston Globe reported that the Boston Archdiocese had transferred child-molesting priests from parish to parish to protect them. Similar scandals involving hundreds of offenders and victims have since erupted across the U.S. and beyond.

http://news.yahoo.com/grand-jury-2-bishops-hid-sex-abuse-hundreds-152900987.html

Blake
03-01-2016, 09:13 PM
This part is insane:

The report said Adamec or his staff threatened some alleged victims with excommunication and generally worked harder to hide or settle allegations of abuse than to discipline the priests accused.

"The diocese will not apologize or take responsibility for its dark history," the report said.

In a practice seen in other dioceses, the bishop created a "payout chart" to help guide how much victims would receive from the church, the report said. Victims fondled over their clothes were to be paid $10,000 to $25,000; fondled under their clothes or subjected to masturbation, $15,000 to $40,000; subjected to forced oral sex, $25,000 to $75,000; subjected to forced sodomy or intercourse, $50,000 to $175,000.

Clergy abuse scandals are not new to the Altoona-Johnstown Diocese.

Big Dog
03-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Religion rentfree in OP's head again.

Just an FYI for the lurkers and bystanders: OP spent $ on catholic school for his daughter. Yes the very religion that lives rentfree in his head.

Also his wife cheated on him. He even made a thread telling all of ST that he willingly cucked his way out of a marriage.

Avante
03-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Blake, do you really think anyone reads all that shit, ya fucking moron? Dude, can you talk about anything other than religion? Talk about being obsessed. sheesh!!!!!!!!

Real easy to see why ya can't keep a woman, you're a fucking freak.

Oh yeah...

Dude, what was this about..."Nick Chubb only averaged...."......explain that to me, ok? What were you thinkiing ya fucking idiot?

Stupid, the guy averaged over 7 yards a carry for the season, ok ya dumb fuck?

Year
School
Conf
Class
Pos
G
Att
Yds
Avg
TD
Rec
Yds
Avg
TD
Plays
Yds
Avg
TD

*2014 (http://www.spurstalk.com/cfb/years/2014.html)
Georgia (http://www.spurstalk.com/cfb/schools/georgia/2014.html)
SEC (http://www.spurstalk.com/cfb/conferences/sec/2014.html)
FR
RB

bigzak25
03-01-2016, 10:34 PM
so Blake, how many times have you seen Spotlight and will you be in line for the bluray release? Lol.

TheSanityAnnex
03-01-2016, 10:50 PM
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) — Two Catholic bishops who led a small Pennsylvania diocese helped cover up the sexual abuse of hundreds of children by more than 50 priests and other religious leaders over a 40-year period, according to a grand jury report that portrays the church as holding such sway over law enforcement that it helped select a police chief.

The 147-page report issued Tuesday on sexual abuse in the Altoona-Johnstown Diocese, home to nearly 100,000 Roman Catholics, was based partly on evidence from a secret diocesan archive opened through a search warrant over the summer.

In announcing the findings, Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane said the diocese's two previous bishops "placed their desire to avoid public scandal over the well-being of children.

No criminal charges are being filed in the case because some abusers have died, the statute of limitations has expired, or victims are too traumatized to testify, she said.

Of the victims, Kane said: "Their souls were killed as children. They weren't out playing baseball; they were trying to avoid priests."

The report was especially critical of Bishops James Hogan and Joseph Adamec. Hogan, who headed the diocese from 1966 to 1986, died in 2005. Adamec, who succeeded him, retired in 2011.

Adamec cited possible self-incrimination in refusing to testify before the grand jury. But in a court filing, his attorney said the accusations against the 80-year-old Adamec are unfounded. He required 14 priests accused under his watch to undergo psychiatric evaluation, the filing said. Nine of them were suspended or removed from ministry, and the five who were reinstated never re-offended, his attorney wrote.

"Bishop Adamec's handling of abuse allegations has no similarity to other clergy abuse scandals," his attorney wrote.

The current bishop, Mark Bartchak, is not accused of any wrongdoing. He recently suspended a few priests named as alleged abusers in the report, though the grand jury said it remains "concerned the purge of predators is taking too long."

In a statement, Bartchak said: "I deeply regret any harm that has come to children."

The clergy sex abuse crisis erupted in 2002, when The Boston Globe reported that the Boston Archdiocese had transferred child-molesting priests from parish to parish to protect them. Similar scandals involving hundreds of offenders and victims have since erupted across the U.S. and beyond.

http://news.yahoo.com/grand-jury-2-bishops-hid-sex-abuse-hundreds-152900987.html

That is awful. Can you believe there are actually people who pay to send their kids to be schooled by these people?

Blake
03-02-2016, 09:04 AM
Religion rentfree in OP's head again.

Just an FYI for the lurkers and bystanders: OP spent $ on catholic school for his daughter. Yes the very religion that lives rentfree in his head.

It's a horrible story from the AP. I don't think you understand what rent-free means.

Also his wife cheated on him. He even made a thread telling all of ST that he willingly cucked his way out of a marriage.

^ This is more of an example of me taking up mental space and not paying a nickel for it.

Blake
03-02-2016, 09:06 AM
Blake, do you really think anyone reads all that shit, ya fucking moron? Dude, can you talk about anything other than religion? Talk about being obsessed. sheesh!!!!!!!!

Real easy to see why ya can't keep a woman, you're a fucking freak.

Oh yeah...

Dude, what was this about..."Nick Chubb only averaged...."......explain that to me, ok? What were you thinkiing ya fucking idiot?

Stupid, the guy averaged over 7 yards a carry for the season, ok ya dumb fuck?

Year
School
Conf
Class
Pos
G
Att
Yds
Avg
TD
Rec
Yds
Avg
TD
Plays
Yds
Avg
TD

*2014 (http://www.spurstalk.com/cfb/years/2014.html)
Georgia (http://www.spurstalk.com/cfb/schools/georgia/2014.html)
SEC (http://www.spurstalk.com/cfb/conferences/sec/2014.html)
FR
RB

Why did you follow me into this thread, fat ass? Talk about obsessed. Geeeesh

Blake
03-02-2016, 09:10 AM
That is awful. Can you believe there are actually people who pay to send their kids to be schooled by these people?

I wouldn't send my kid to a Catholic school in that area.

Of course, I don't send my kid to a Catholic school in my area.

Ginobilly
03-02-2016, 11:08 AM
The real question you should be asking is, what makes teh gays wanna join the catholic priesthood? Is it because they could be in the closet and have unlimited access to male children?

SpursforSix
03-02-2016, 11:12 AM
The real question you should be asking is, what makes teh gays wanna join the catholic priesthood? Is it because they could be in the closet and have unlimited access to male children?

That has to be the answer for many of them.

ColinB
03-02-2016, 11:26 AM
Watched Spotlight last night. Not Best Picture worthy, but a good film nonetheless.

Blake
03-02-2016, 11:46 AM
so Blake, how many times have you seen Spotlight and will you be in line for the bluray release? Lol.

Haven't seen it. What are your thoughts on it?

lefty
03-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Aaaaand

Lady Gaga will write a new song

RandomGuy
03-02-2016, 12:58 PM
This part is insane:

I think what is insane is that no officials have been charged with some criminal misconduct in covering up the crimes.

Avante
03-02-2016, 01:33 PM
Why did you follow me into this thread, fat ass? Talk about obsessed. Geeeesh

Dude, what were you thinking? I gotta know. Why did you.....Nick Chubb averaged...well?

ChumpDumper
03-02-2016, 01:39 PM
Avante shows up in pedophile thread.

No one is surprised.

Avante
03-02-2016, 01:51 PM
Avante shows up in pedophile thread.

No one is surprised.

Chump shows up anyone Avante is, no surprise. As he totally ignores the fact I didn't even read any of that as I mentioned.

ChumpDumper
03-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Chump shows up anyone Avante is, no surprise. As he totally ignores the fact I didn't even read any of that as I mentioned.It's a pedo thread and you swooped into it trying to deflect.

That's all anyone needs to know.

Quetzal-X
03-02-2016, 02:15 PM
It's a pedo thread and you swooped into it trying to deflect.

Thaaats Right!

Quetzal-X
03-02-2016, 02:17 PM
That has to be the answer for many of them.

The protection the Vatican has provided has to be a huge perk.

Xevious
03-02-2016, 03:03 PM
I don't really believe that men in such large numbers became priests with pedophilia being a goal from the onset. Something is obviously wrong with these dudes though (maybe they have no other options), and abstinence is just not natural. It's a fucking global epidemic though.

Blake
03-02-2016, 03:05 PM
I think what is insane is that no officials have been charged with some criminal misconduct in covering up the crimes.

That too

Blake
03-02-2016, 03:10 PM
As he totally ignores the fact I didn't even read any of that as I mentioned.

Well at least you acknowledge as fact your sole purpose here was to follow me in and go straight for my leg.

DMC
03-02-2016, 05:18 PM
Kevin Bacon knew.

DMC
03-02-2016, 05:23 PM
I don't really believe that men in such large numbers became priests with pedophilia being a goal from the onset. Something is obviously wrong with these dudes though (maybe they have no other options), and abstinence is just not natural. It's a fucking global epidemic though.
Church attracts pedophiles. They foster it and provide shelter and opportunity. They put some ex-something, just found Jesus type in charge of a group of kids and there's too much alone time. After all God sees everything and only his will shall be done. Church is the hiding place for rejects and the lowest form of scum on the planet. It has good people too, but that "turn the other cheek" mantra invites the child molesters, and the church's place in society forms a shield that only ousts offenders, nothing else.

Had a guy knock at my door a few nights ago saying he was with some local ministry, his friend just found Jesus. Asked if they could pray for me. I asked them if Jesus ever asked his disciples to pray for him. They left.

Avante
03-02-2016, 06:21 PM
It's a pedo thread and you swooped into it trying to deflect.

You cannot be this stupid.

Avante
03-02-2016, 06:25 PM
Well at least you acknowledge as fact your sole purpose here was to follow me in and go straight for my leg.

How many times have I said...

Blake, you totally suck and are stupid, please stop humping my leg...please? Well? Dude, stop following me around and I'll stay out of these shit.... RELIGION ON MY GOD... threads of yours...deal?

Dude, never seen anyone so worried about what others believe in, weird~~~~~~~

Blake
03-02-2016, 06:33 PM
http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/files/2012/07/The-Humpy-Awards.jpg

Avante
03-02-2016, 06:40 PM
Blake, ya got dumped because you're a fucking asshole/prick...ok? You need your ass kicked fucker, ok?

Stay away from my posts, ya got that asshole?

We're starting right now, stay away from me and it wll be cool, don't fuck up.

clambake
03-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Blake, ya got dumped because you're a fucking asshole/prick...ok? You need your ass kicked fucker, ok?

Stay away from my posts, ya got that asshole?

We're starting right now, stay away from me and it wll be cool, don't fuck up.
why don't you buy him a drink, sailor?

Avante
03-02-2016, 06:53 PM
why don't you buy him a drink, sailor?

Why don't you give him a blow job queer?

SpursforSix
03-02-2016, 06:59 PM
Church attracts pedophiles. They foster it and provide shelter and opportunity. They put some ex-something, just found Jesus type in charge of a group of kids and there's too much alone time. After all God sees everything and only his will shall be done. Church is the hiding place for rejects and the lowest form of scum on the planet. It has good people too, but that "turn the other cheek" mantra invites the child molesters, and the church's place in society forms a shield that only ousts offenders, nothing else.

Had a guy knock at my door a few nights ago saying he was with some local ministry, his friend just found Jesus. Asked if they could pray for me. I asked them if Jesus ever asked his disciples to pray for him. They left.

I was in college in a duplex. Was doing some day drinking and a couple Mormons knocked on the door. I made the drunk mistake of letting them in. For some reason thinking it might be interesting. I don't remember what they talked about. But they must have come back 20 more times and knocked on the door. I never answered it again. I still remember that one of them was called "Elder Helzer". Which in my head, I still sing to the tune of "Helter Skeler."

bigzak25
03-02-2016, 07:44 PM
Haven't seen it. What are your thoughts on it?

Well sir, my thoughts are I like mike keaton...and the hot chic from mean girls is in it...but I won't be watching it.

Blake
03-02-2016, 08:54 PM
Well sir, my thoughts are I like mike keaton...and the hot chic from mean girls is in it...but I won't be watching it.

So a splat. I probably won't either unless it's on Netflix or something

Xevious
03-02-2016, 08:59 PM
Dude, never seen anyone so worried about what others believe in, weird~~~~~~~
Not to defend any of Blake's other threads, but this issue has nothing to do with anybody's religious or spiritual beliefs. One can still be a catholic while acknowledging that the church is a corrupt and criminal organization.

Avante
03-02-2016, 09:01 PM
Not to defend any of Blake's other threads, but this issue has nothing to do with anybody's religious or spiritual beliefs. One can still be a catholic while acknowledging that the church is a corrupt and criminal organization.

You got me, ya see I never read any of Blakes stuff unless he's talking to me, the guy is fucked up.

But....95% of his threads have something to do with running down religions.

clambake
03-02-2016, 11:17 PM
You got me, ya see I never read any of Blakes stuff unless he's talking to me, the guy is fucked up.

you better hope he runs them down into the ground.

the clock is ticking.

03-03-2016, 12:02 PM
Of course Pedovante is all over this thread :lmao

Blake
03-03-2016, 12:17 PM

Oh right, you're here to leg hump