PDA

View Full Version : K-Mart or KA?

MaNu4Tres
03-02-2016, 12:14 AM
Once playoffs roll around, the minutes of Leonard & Green will increase in competitive games.

Manu will be the 3rd wing off the bench.

As for the 4th wing, who do you want getting the remaining minutes if Martin comes over? Anderson or Martin?

Curious to know who ST prefers.

Imo. Knowing Pop I think he'd play Martin, but I think that'd be a mistake as Anderson has value on both ends and he helps out West and Diaw inside with his length. On the other hand, Martin wld be the worst perimeter defender on the team and lacks the intangles needed with 2nd unit on the defensive end.

cd98
03-02-2016, 12:17 AM
Both.

TheGreatYacht
03-02-2016, 12:17 AM
KMart. If we ain't playing Brooklyn, fat head is pretty useless

SpurPadre
03-02-2016, 12:18 AM
Once playoffs roll around, the minutes of Leonard & Green will increase in competitive games.

As for the 4th wing, who do you want getting the remaining minutes if Martin comes over? Anderson or Martin?

Imo. Knowing Pop I think he'd play Martin, but I think that'd be a mistake as Anderson has value on both ends and he helps out West and Diaw inside with his length. On the other hand, Martin wld be the worst perimeter defender on the team and lacks the intangles needed with 2nd unit on the defensive end wi

I'd rather play Martin than Anderson against the uber-athletic and high powered Dubs and Thunder.

raybies
03-02-2016, 12:21 AM
Basically what it comes down to. But the more options at wing we have the better, especially against the warriors and cavs.

SpursFan86
Based off how they've both played this year, KA. Would need to see how Martin looks in SA for the last month or so of the season though.

cd98
Time will tell. Martin hasn't signed with Spurs and we have to see if he gels.

Spurs9
03-02-2016, 12:30 AM
Between the 2, kmart.

SAGirl
03-02-2016, 01:18 AM

Imo. Knowing Pop I think he'd play Martin, but I think that'd be a mistake as Anderson has value on both ends and he helps out West and Diaw inside with his length. On the other hand, Martin wld be the worst perimeter defender on the team and lacks the intangles needed with 2nd unit on the defensive end.
^^^
I agree with you, besides my support for Anderson, he has chemistry built up with everyone else, starters included, and handles many matches in switches. Playing K.Martin at this point would be like playing a worse Marco off the bench. At least Marco had "balls of steel" for shots, and tried to play defense Martin, not so much.

If anything, I am not sure he's even Spurs material, with Manu now rounding up into shape, is K.Mart ready to get over himself and accept getting benched for the younger Anderson when K.Mart is stinking it up? I don't know. He would really be a situational player and has to know that up front. Look at how much Butler has played.

I don't see K.Mart in the Spurs, playing time is thin, the guys you have to waive to get him in are happy in their roles and also ready to contribute, whether Pop wants Anderson or not, no drama... (Does anyone really want Simmons or Butler waived for K.Martin?) These guys have helped in wins, we are not talking about some Ayers, strict garbage time players

apalisoc_9
03-02-2016, 01:20 AM
Give anderson the first round. Id hes still hesitant, bench his ass

100%duncan
03-02-2016, 01:22 AM
DOnt matter

Kawhitstorm
03-02-2016, 01:25 AM
This is going to be the Nando vs. Neal dilemma.

houston spurs fan
03-02-2016, 01:25 AM
DOnt matter
Agree. Except your sig...thx

Spurtacular
03-02-2016, 01:29 AM
This team will go as far as Kawhi and LMA take them, tbh.

SD126
03-02-2016, 01:31 AM

SAGirl
03-02-2016, 01:54 AM
These end of the bench signings will not tip the scale I agree.

Russo21
03-02-2016, 02:00 AM
I take it that Martin just snuck it to make it eligible to play in the playoffs then? 10ppg this year on 37% from deep and with Manu being hurt, why not grab him if you can. He's averaged over 20ppg many seasons but If he sucks or doesn't play defence glue him to the bench.

SAGirl
03-02-2016, 02:06 AM
Give anderson the first round. Id hes still hesitant, bench his ass
+100
as a development incentive for Anderson by all means. If battling it out with K.Mart for playing time will make him rise to the occasion, by all means. He already battled it out with J.Simms.

SD126
03-02-2016, 03:02 AM
Anderson does more on both ends than KMart. I'd rather KA be that 4th wing without even thinking twice.

Don't know why so many people are obsessed with bringing a one trick pony (KMart) tbh

rasuo214
03-02-2016, 05:00 AM
Really comes down to matchups and who is playing better. Obviously having the depth is nice and it gives Pop options if someone is hurt or struggling. I'd like to see KA continue to get some consistent minutes since he has been playing better recently. At this point Simmons is out of the rotation and I'm not sure he finds a way back in.

r0drig0lac
03-02-2016, 05:31 AM
This is going to be the Nando vs. Neal dilemma.

mudyez
03-02-2016, 05:32 AM
I thought K-Mart isn't coming?

Fireball
03-02-2016, 06:07 AM
I thought K-Mart isn't coming? he was bought out on time, so there is a chance to sign him and him still being able to play in the post season

ceperez
03-02-2016, 06:21 AM
^^^
I agree with you, besides my support for Anderson, he has chemistry built up with everyone else, starters included, and handles many matches in switches. Playing K.Martin at this point would be like playing a worse Marco off the bench. At least Marco had "balls of steel" for shots, and tried to play defense Martin, not so much.

If anything, I am not sure he's even Spurs material, with Manu now rounding up into shape, is K.Mart ready to get over himself and accept getting benched for the younger Anderson when K.Mart is stinking it up? I don't know. He would really be a situational player and has to know that up front. Look at how much Butler has played.

I don't see K.Mart in the Spurs, playing time is thin, the guys you have to waive to get him in are happy in their roles and also ready to contribute, whether Pop wants Anderson or not, no drama... (Does anyone really want Simmons or Butler waived for K.Martin?) These guys have helped in wins, we are not talking about some Ayers, strict garbage time players

KA is a better facilitator and better defensively and a better post up player. KMart likely better at spacing the floor and has decent ball handling skills. It really would depend though on who is on the court at the time.

I really don't want to see Butler waived for Martin though.

apalisoc_9
03-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Lol must be an intimidating experience going from DNP in a lottery team to practicing with a team that is on pace to win 70..lol

bklynspursfan
03-02-2016, 08:54 AM
If we even sign him, I think it depends on the match up. The guy can shoot, we know that. (he's burned us many times) And if it's a series against a quick/athletic team where we need shooters on the court, it should be Martin. Anderson hesitates way too much, and sometimes overpasses. There are some match ups where if you have even the slightest amount of time to get a shot up, you have to take it. Martin would be able to, I don't believe from what we've seen Anderson will.

But there are certain match ups where KA might be favorable as well. To be honest, I'd trust Butler over both just cause he defends and is a very good shooter.

ceperez
03-02-2016, 09:56 AM
If we even sign him, I think it depends on the match up. The guy can shoot, we know that. (he's burned us many times) And if it's a series against a quick/athletic team where we need shooters on the court, it should be Martin. Anderson hesitates way too much, and sometimes overpasses. There are some match ups where if you have even the slightest amount of time to get a shot up, you have to take it. Martin would be able to, I don't believe from what we've seen Anderson will.

But there are certain match ups where KA might be favorable as well. To be honest, I'd trust Butler over both just cause he defends and is a very good shooter.

I agree with this, it will depend on the matchup. If KA is matched up with a smaller player and the pace is slow then the post up opportunities are going to be there.

However, if Spurs are trying to run the other team out of the gym, then Martin would be a better bet.

I say that given all the talent that is on the team, Spurs just need to keep giving the opponent different looks. One quarter Spurs are posting up the opponent to death, another quarter is 5 seconds or less.

Martin gives the Spurs a GSW 'Death Squad' look.

The lineup: Mills, Martin, Green, Leonard, Butler !!!! Can't pass, but certainly can shoot!

kaji157
03-02-2016, 10:42 AM
Martin is a shitty player, and and insurance if any of our current rotational players gets injured.
I do not like him as player, plays zero defense, and has no guts, what a one dimensional shitty guy.
Good for a 15th spotter thou.

look_at_g_shred
03-02-2016, 10:50 AM
Why don't we post up KA much? Pop should use him like the warriors use Livingston imo

cutewizard
03-02-2016, 10:54 AM
Boban at center, West and Anderson and forwards......(Kyle plays point forward)

Simmons and Martin at the backcourt,

thats a hell of a second team, without legends Boris, Manu and Mills

cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bobo

cutewizard
03-02-2016, 10:56 AM
OUR NEW SUPER WING TRIO:

Kyle Anderson ======== Paul Pressey

Kevin Martin ==========Reggie Miller

Jon Simmons ==========Poor man's Michael Jordan

lol

GO SPPPPPPPPPUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSS GO!!!!!!!!

:claw

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

ceperez
03-02-2016, 11:10 AM
Why don't we post up KA much? Pop should use him like the warriors use Livingston imo

Isn't that how KA scores? It actually isn't like Diaw where he's inside the paint. However, it's a shot that he shoots right on top of a smaller player. It really depends on where he gets the ball, but because he starts from the perimeter, he usually doesn't get the ball when he's in the paint.

houston spurs fan
03-02-2016, 11:19 AM
If either one of these guys sees significant time in the playoffs, we're fucked.

Mel_13
03-02-2016, 11:37 AM

If Martin signs with the Spurs, he'll arrive with about 20 games left in the regular season. Pop will give him plenty of time in the wing rotation during those games. Martin's RS performance will largely determine his playoff role.

cutewizard
03-02-2016, 11:38 AM
cmon

ceperez
03-02-2016, 12:25 PM

Pop will favor the player that can keep the ball moving in offense and can play good team defense. Right now Anderson has that edge..

Martin will still need to improve his defense and adjust how he plays offense. If Pop ever sees Martin dribble the ball to find his shot, then he'll likely be spending a lot of time on the bench.

YGWHI
03-02-2016, 01:49 PM
Pop will favor the player that can keep the ball moving in offense and can play good team defense. Right now Anderson has that edge..

Martin will still need to improve his defense and adjust how he plays offense. If Pop ever sees Martin dribble the ball to find his shot, then he'll likely be spending a lot of time on the bench.

Or Pop will give more minutes to the guy who needs to get acclimated to a new system, teammates...That's why I'm not a big fan of additions at this stage of the season, these old guys will delay Kyle/Simms developments...

TheGreatYacht
03-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Or Pop will give more minutes to the guy who needs to get acclimated to a new system, teammates...That's why I'm not a big fan of additions at this stage of the season, these old guys will delay Kyle/Simms developments...
Fuck the developments. Spurs are in win now mode. Tim might be on his last legs and Manu is on his last ball... Fuck fat head's development. Ain't nobody got time for that

YGWHI
03-02-2016, 02:11 PM
I wonder if this poor excuse of human being will say "Fuck young players developments" when Livingston killing Manu/Patty/KMart in the post with Kyle/Simms/Kawhi/Danny on the bench...

TrainOfThought5
03-02-2016, 02:12 PM
Tim is definitely on his last legs, and manu is DEFINITELY on his last ball.

TheGreatYacht
03-02-2016, 02:23 PM
Lmao @ pairing fat head with those 3 good defenders

Jesus.

cutewizard
03-02-2016, 02:34 PM
hmmmm

bklynspursfan
03-02-2016, 02:55 PM

It's pretty much all hands on deck now. Could be TD's last ride.. They'll go with whoever earns the minutes and fits what Pop wants to do. Kyle/Simmons will have developed a great deal with the time they've had, but I wouldn't be surprised if their minutes decrease a great deal come playoff time, and Pop sticks with the starters + Patty/Manu/BoBo/West and possibly Butler who's been there

SAGirl
03-02-2016, 05:16 PM

That is your case to not get Martin right there. You'd trust Butler over him.

Beaverfuzz
03-02-2016, 05:27 PM
Anderson, fuck all three K-Marts

https://media.glassdoor.com/o/370/kmart-office.jpg

http://richestcelebrities.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Kenyon-Martin-Net-Worth.jpg

http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/ows_137635497633579.jpg

SAGirl
03-02-2016, 05:43 PM
I wonder if this poor excuse of human being will say "Fuck young players developments" when Livingston killing Manu/Patty/KMart in the post with Kyle/Simms/Kawhi/Danny on the bench...

Yes this late in the season I don't know why he thinks this no defense gimmicky shooter will be a great option when he wasn't even getting playing time off the bench in a BAD team. Minny could not even find any trade partners for him.

bklynspursfan
03-02-2016, 05:55 PM
That is your case to not get Martin right there. You'd trust Butler over him.

Yea, but having an extra shooter who is a guy that can get hot in a hurry isn't necessarily a bad thing. Especially for cheap & for this team who is very capable of getting guys wide open shots.

I'm fine if we don't sign him personally. But adding amother shooter doesn't hurt us at all

TheGreatYacht
03-02-2016, 06:05 PM

Yes this late in the season I don't know why he thinks this no defense gimmicky shooter will be a great option when he wasn't even getting playing time off the bench in a BAD team. Minny could not even find any trade partners for him.
I don't know why someone would prefer a no defense poor bball IQ Unathletic scrub who can't shoot over Kevin Martin who is proven as a nice offensive spark.

Maybe he isn't getting playing time because the T-Pups are playing their younger players? :lol Good thing you weren't the GM when the Spurs picked up Diaw from the worst team in history lmao.

He has a bad contract. No one wanted it. That has nothing to do with us getting him for the minimum.

Kawhitstorm
03-02-2016, 06:19 PM

Boris #1 in games played:wow, I guess he has an excuse for taking games off.:lol

Proxy
03-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Having another shooter... I don't get why this is such a hard concept to grasp. If the offense is sputtering, he's something to have. It doesn't even need to be a "v KA" thing.

Once the playoffs come around and the rotation tightens up, I'd assume everyone outside of the starting 5, Manu, Bobo, West, and Patty will be getting minutes based on the matchup, adjustments, or if the key players get in foul trouble.

We've also seen players doing jack shit for their teams pick it up when they go from a lottery team to a playoff situation.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-02-2016, 10:32 PM
definitely not andershit. Would waive him and SAG to acquire TinMan + a stomach virus, tbh.