PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green 0 points in 33 minutes......

steeledl
03-02-2016, 10:54 PM
Discuss.....

UNT Eagles 2016
03-02-2016, 10:55 PM
DeMarco Murray

spurtech09
03-02-2016, 10:57 PM
I miss the Miami Heat Finals Danny Green.....Where he went off shooting so many 3's.....

spurtech09
03-02-2016, 10:57 PM
Its clear Danny Green hasn't recovered......

steeledl
03-02-2016, 10:58 PM
I miss the Miami Heat Finals Danny Green.....Where he went off shooting so many 3's.....

Me too. This Danny green looks helpless......

TheGreatYacht
03-02-2016, 11:00 PM
If this doesn't get Curry tired on defense, don't know what will

jermaine
03-02-2016, 11:07 PM
Discuss.....

That guy in your picture that says Oh, indeed..... He's in the new movie Triple 9 as a Tranny Pimp. Lmbo

Benoit
03-02-2016, 11:07 PM

lmao we are on the best run in NBA history and you think no team has tried to test Steph on defense? it doesnt make a difference

what a genius idea this poster thinks he came up with LMAO

ThaBigFundamental21
03-02-2016, 11:09 PM
lmao we are on the best run in NBA history and you think no team has tried to test Steph on defense? it doesnt make a difference

Sarcasm...

TheGreatYacht
03-02-2016, 11:09 PM

1/10 KoolAidMan

Benoit
03-02-2016, 11:10 PM
Sarcasm...

I know what blue font means lmao

I find the idea that thinking Steph will wear down on defense to be fucking stupid, as if no other team has thought of doing it lmao hes 27 years old and defends on the perimeter

BillMc
03-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Danny's d was pretty good though.

WeNeedLength
03-02-2016, 11:30 PM

Sarcasm...

I know what blue font means lmao

I find the idea that thinking Steph will wear down on defense to be fucking stupid, as if no other team has thought of doing it lmao hes 27 years old and defends on the perimeter

You obviously did not. :lol

Looks like you do now though. :lol

spursistan
03-02-2016, 11:30 PM
KCP: 1-10 FG/FGA....:wakeup

SpurPadre
03-02-2016, 11:36 PM

Until TP was vocally dumbfounded as to why they left him open?

Benoit
03-02-2016, 11:48 PM
You obviously did not. :lol

Looks like you do now though. :lol

Um yes he was implying that Danny Green cant make Steph work on defense, which is true

My point is that making Steph work on defense is irrelevant and not some unique idea lmao hes 27 years old and defends on the outside, he doesnt bang in the paint

Spur fans think they know how to stop the best player the league has seen since Michael, but every coach in the league doesnt know how to do it lmao

TheGreatYacht
03-02-2016, 11:49 PM
Until TP was vocally dumbfounded as to why they left him open?
Manu throwing the series away and giving Danny's FMVP to Lebron must've been heartbreaking to him.

Godbama
03-03-2016, 12:20 AM
Um yes he was implying that Danny Green cant make Steph work on defense, which is true

My point is that making Steph work on defense is irrelevant and not some unique idea lmao hes 27 years old and defends on the outside, he doesnt bang in the paint

Spur fans think they know how to stop the best player the league has seen since Michael, but every coach in the league doesnt know how to do it lmao
can a nigga get a good-looking Draymond avatar uploaded or something? do you not know how to or is this bay area postmodern postironic irony? or maybe you're just a Spurs poster doing the undercover troll gig so you just don't care. or maybe you're like 48 and too dumb to figure out how this shit works. Shit, I'll find one for you. your weird ass stretched face Dray is some shit, lol. it's making him look even more grotesque than usual.
http://i.imgur.com/rNGijjM.png
there, better av already

cjw
Danny Green was also doing a damn good job guarding KCP. I'm fine with Danny going 0 for when the guy he's guarding shoots 10% or so.

SAGirl
He had a good defensive game and got some assists. He didn't get many shots up either but Kawhi and LMA were cooking

For sure we need Danny rolling for the playoffs tough.

tmtcsc
03-03-2016, 12:55 AM
Danny's d was pretty good though.

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/donald-trump-gif.gif

If he's going to give you nothing on Offense, he needs to be better than pretty good. He's been awful this year and needs to get his shit together by the time the playoffs roll around.

HarlemHeat37
03-03-2016, 01:23 AM
Green has been really good the past 2 months, tbh, you would have to be pretty blind to think otherwise..4 RPG, 2 APG, 1 SPG, 1 BPG(in only 26 MPG) and the 2nd best on/off numbers on the team, along with 42% from 3..he has been playing his role perfectly..

Not sure why the same people criticizing his skills also want him to take shots away from Kawhi and Aldridge:lol..

tmtcsc
03-03-2016, 01:33 AM
I'd like him to make the shots he takes.

Chris
03-03-2016, 02:05 AM
Danny is coasting and saving his best stuff for April.

pookenstein
03-03-2016, 02:14 AM
Spur fans think they know how to stop the best player the league has seen since Michael.

Why would Spurfan want to stop Tim Duncan?

MoSpur
03-03-2016, 07:09 AM
He is really disappointing. I really think this is why they are going after Martin. I in no way think Martin will replace Green in the starting role, but he might take some of his minutes. He is pretty much a wasted space on offense.

Agloco
03-03-2016, 07:14 AM
..... and defends on the perimeter

:lol

Agloco
03-03-2016, 07:19 AM
.......the best player the league has seen since Michael

Just stop dude. Just stop.

benefactor
03-03-2016, 07:53 AM
:lol box score fans

hater
03-03-2016, 08:07 AM
:lol box score fans

Pretty much. Green had a nice game good D and even a great play to Timmy for the easy bucket. Decent game from 1 trick

callo1
03-03-2016, 08:36 AM

"We"? Are you playing for GSW? What number are you?

littlecoyotecoin
03-03-2016, 09:16 AM

He shot lights out from 3 in January, and 37% in February. 37% is not something to melt down over. It's actually good. Just not the spectacular 40%+ we're spoiled by. LMA shoots like 35% for his career and some were wanting him to shoot more 3's. (Please, no.)

look_at_g_shred
03-03-2016, 09:37 AM
Y'all pathetic haha. Damn how many times we have to go through this?

Brazil
03-03-2016, 09:37 AM
Green has been really good the past 2 months, tbh, you would have to be pretty blind to think otherwise..4 RPG, 2 APG, 1 SPG, 1 BPG(in only 26 MPG) and the 2nd best on/off numbers on the team, along with 42% from 3..he has been playing his role perfectly..

Not sure why the same people criticizing his skills also want him to take shots away from Kawhi and Aldridge:lol..

:lol this tbh... one game stretch analysts

Mel_13
03-03-2016, 12:28 PM
KCP: 1-10 FG/FGA....:wakeup

Exactly.

Chinook
03-03-2016, 12:53 PM
The Spurs ran one play for Green (at least that was able to develop), and that was that elbow shot in the second half (I think). He needs to get the ball to score, and it's clear that SVG has a ton of respect for Danny, because the Pistons didn't help off him at all last night. KCP is their best defender, but Detroit elected to put Harris on Kawhi instead. The previous game, the Rockets decided it was better to put Harden on Kawhi instead of Green. If that's not being an elite floor-spacer, I don't know what is.

Now, obviously that drive he had was abysmal. Even as the most ardent CoG member here, I almost threw up seeing that. Would like to see him figured something else out when he's not covered on the PnP plays. His lack of a consistent pull-up is the second-most concerning thing with his offense behind his free-throw stroke seemingly abandoning him.

Kidd K
03-03-2016, 01:00 PM
He's a role player who doesn't even average 10 PPG career. He has barely cracked 10 PPG only twice in his career.

He's only scored 0 one more time this year than last year. He scored 0 twice as many times the year before that, one less than twice as many the year before that, and the same number of times the year before that.

So it's not like 0 point games for Green are that rare or should even be unexpected. He only had 3 FGAs anyway.

timtonymanu
03-03-2016, 01:15 PM

Then, clearly you haven't been watching the Spurs lately cause he's been very good this year.

timtonymanu
03-03-2016, 01:16 PM
https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/donald-trump-gif.gif

If he's going to give you nothing on Offense, he needs to be better than pretty good. He's been awful this year and needs to get his shit together by the time the playoffs roll around.

Um, he's been a top 3 player on the Spurs this year (2016). I know you're a Green hater and don't like to admit when you're wrong, but you're ridiculous with this take.

SAGirl
03-03-2016, 02:41 PM
The Spurs ran one play for Green (at least that was able to develop), and that was that elbow shot in the second half (I think). He needs to get the ball to score, and it's clear that SVG has a ton of respect for Danny, because the Pistons didn't help off him at all last night. KCP is their best defender, but Detroit elected to put Harris on Kawhi instead. The previous game, the Rockets decided it was better to put Harden on Kawhi instead of Green. If that's not being an elite floor-spacer, I don't know what is.

Now, obviously that drive he had was abysmal. Even as the most ardent CoG member here, I almost threw up seeing that. Would like to see him figured something else out when he's not covered on the PnP plays. His lack of a consistent pull-up is the second-most concerning thing with his offense behind his free-throw stroke seemingly abandoning him.
Good points^^^ The 3 pt shot is so OP that Danny killed the Rockets two times going off on Harden so the next time they respected him. I think Van Gundy picked his poison to let our guys Kawhi and LMA go crazy to their hearts content from the midrange rather than give up the Danny 3. Kawhi and LMA got going so it's fine. Really it was overall an outstanding defensive game from Danny and that is our signature. I had pointed out Danny didn't even get many shots up, but I had not paid attention as you did as to why that was.

spursistan
03-03-2016, 03:55 PM

Seriously, what happened to that? from 87% to 71%..like Green was our designated tech/game-icing FTs shooter last season..

spursistan
03-03-2016, 04:06 PM
Double post..

tmtcsc
03-03-2016, 04:35 PM
Um, he's been a top 3 player on the Spurs this year (2016). I know you're a Green hater and don't like to admit when you're wrong, but you're ridiculous with this take.

Top 3 player? He's the weakest link in our starting lineup. He's inconsistent, prone to foolish mistakes, can't dribble, doesn't fight through screens...yeah that about covers it. I'll be a Danny Green fan when he starts to play better. I swear, you and Chinook polish Green's nob like he's the second coming of Bruce Bowen. He's a good defender, but that's about it. He has no mid-range shot and rarely gets his 3's off when a defender pays attention to him.

Top 3 in front of who? Tony and Tim? GTFOOH. Ridiculous. The sad thing is, we really don't have a better option at this point. I think that will change in the offseason.

HarlemHeat37
03-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Top 3 player? He's the weakest link in our starting lineup. He's inconsistent, prone to foolish mistakes, can't dribble, doesn't fight through screens...yeah that about covers it. I'll be a Danny Green fan when he starts to play better. I swear, you and Chinook polish Green's nob like he's the second coming of Bruce Bowen. He's a good defender, but that's about it. He has no mid-range shot and rarely gets his 3's off when a defender pays attention to him.

Third best Spur in front of who? Tony and Tim? GTFOOH

I'm pretty sure he meant since January, which is probably true..

He was also by far the 3rd best player on the team, last year..no reason to think he fell off that badly, more than likely just slumping/adjusting to a new role in November/December..

timtonymanu
03-03-2016, 04:43 PM

Top 3 in front of who? Tony and Tim? GTFOOH. Ridiculous. The sad thing is, we really don't have a better option at this point. I think that will change in the offseason.

Green was a huge player in our run in 2013 and 2014 so damn right, I'll give him respect. You meanwhile (like any other dumb greys) called for Simmons to start over him which shows how much you actually know about what Green brings to the team.

tmtcsc
03-03-2016, 04:44 PM
I don't hate any spur and my hope is that he catches fire and nails 3's when open. If he gets going, this team will thrash GS. If he consistently made his defender work to cover him and forced his opponents in to turnovers, I wouldn't care if he just scored 6 to 8 points a game. I just don't see him being as tenacious as he once was. His play has dropped off.

Please - come find me and make me eat my words when he starts to produce as expected. I won't mind and I'll gladly say "you told me so". But don't choose just one game where he goes 6 for 8. He needs to string more than just one game a week together.

tmtcsc
03-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Green was a huge player in our run in 2013 and 2014 so damn right, I'll give him respect. You meanwhile (like any other dumb greys) called for Simmons to start over him which shows how much you actually know about what Green brings to the team.

WTF is a dumb grey? If I advocated starting Simmons over Green - it was in hopes that Pop would light a fire under him and let him know that starting spots need to be earned. Dude gets his big pay day and shits the bed. Like I said, if he comes around I'll be a huge fan, but I'm not going to sit here and be blind to when he gives you ZERO points in 33 minutes.

Don't let the Spurs' gaudy record fool you. This is the worst I've seen in terms of NBA teams being awful. Just because the Spurs are piling up wins against crappy teams doesn't mean they are free from needing to improve. They have a lot of room to get better - especially Green.

timtonymanu
03-03-2016, 05:20 PM
WTF is a dumb grey? If I advocated starting Simmons over Green - it was in hopes that Pop would light a fire under him and let him know that starting spots need to be earned. Dude gets his big pay day and shits the bed. Like I said, if he comes around I'll be a huge fan, but I'm not going to sit here and be blind to when he gives you ZERO points in 33 minutes.

Don't let the Spurs' gaudy record fool you. This is the worst I've seen in terms of NBA teams being awful. Just because the Spurs are piling up wins against crappy teams doesn't mean they are free from needing to improve. They have a lot of room to get better - especially Green.

Never said the Spurs couldn't improve but Green is what he is. He can't get better at this point. I've learned to accept his shortcomings as long as he makes it up in other areas with his defense (although he's prone to dumb mistakes like you've mentioned).

Plus the Spurs have Leonard, Aldridge, Duncan, and Parker in the starting 5 who need their touches and have more offensive skills than Green anyway so I wouldn't expect him to improve on his PPG. He only had 3 attempts last night. If the Spurs can grab a guard that can outperform Danny Green consistently, it will make him expendable and I would welcome it. But right now, that player isn't available so just have to hope Green shows up at the right time. If he shits the bed in the playoffs, feel free to quote me here too but right now, I'm more concerned about other players in the starting 5 showing up than Danny Green's shortcomings.

look_at_g_shred
03-03-2016, 10:38 PM
11/3/4 faggots

ElNono
03-03-2016, 10:39 PM
He was actually pretty darned terrible defensively tonight... maybe it was just a bad night, but if he's not making shots, he can't get torched like he did tonight...

look_at_g_shred
03-03-2016, 10:42 PM
He was actually pretty darned terrible defensively tonight... maybe it was just a bad night, but if he's not making shots, he can't get torched like he did tonight...
Ehh..holiday/Gordon were making some tough shots. Even they're drives were contested well.

CGD
03-03-2016, 10:50 PM

I think most nights this sums up my feeling about Green throughout the course of the season so far.

I'm less concerned about the shooting than what appears to be routine defensive lapses that just weren't their the past two seasons.

ElNono
03-03-2016, 10:53 PM
Ehh..holiday/Gordon were making some tough shots. Even they're drives were contested well.

They were actually blowing by him in the first half, which I thought was really uncharacteristic...

Godbama
03-04-2016, 01:25 AM
lmao we are on the best run in NBA history and you think no team has tried to test Jordan Clarkson on defense? it doesnt make a difference