PDA

View Full Version : Should Tony come off the bench...

ElNono
03-03-2016, 10:29 PM
behind Patty and Miller for a few weeks to rest? With Patty finding his rhythm, Andre doing a solid job, and Manu's return around the corner, we're going to need Tony in tip top shape for the season's stretch run.

This is probably as good a time as any to do it, tbh...

td4mvp2k
03-03-2016, 10:31 PM
tony in playoff choke mode

TheGreatYacht
03-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Should Butler get Manu's minutes? Spurs been winning without Manu

oh, and he needs the rest tbh

ElNono
03-03-2016, 10:33 PM
Not even trolling, I'm actually highlighting how we're going to need Parker at a decent level if we want to do anything... He's been just pretty darned terrible lately, especially defensively...

But I think fatigue has to play a part in that, he's played over the summer, and he was already kinda gassed at the end of the season last year...

SpursforSix
03-03-2016, 10:33 PM
No. Not unless Mills, Miller, and Green are all injured.

pgardn
03-03-2016, 10:34 PM
behind Patty and Miller for a few weeks to rest? With Patty finding his rhythm, Andre doing a solid job, and Manu's return around the corner, we're going to need Tony in tip top shape for the season's stretch run.

When Manu comes back just flat out don't play him for the easier games. Especially if we fall further behind GS

SASdynasty!
03-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Not even trolling, I'm actually highlighting how we're going to need Parker at a decent level if we want to do anything... He's been just pretty darned terrible lately, especially defensively...

But I think fatigue has to play a part in that, he's played over the summer, and he was already kinda gassed at the end of the season last year...
Haha terrible? Didn't he just lead us in scoring for like 4 games in a row and is still like the best shooting PG in the league?

ElNono
03-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Haha terrible? Didn't he just lead us in scoring for like 4 games in a row and is still like the best shooting PG in the league?

Yeah, he's been pretty terrible, slow footed... I'm glad Kawhi has picked it up since coming back, but we need a healthy Tony in about a month and a half, we can't have Clippers Tony again...

spurraider21
03-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Has parker ever benefitted from rest? He got time off last year and didn't help. Took summer off in 2014 and it didn't help. I'd rather let him play out of the funk and stay in shape

SASdynasty!
03-03-2016, 10:39 PM
Check that...Parker is still the best shooting player among all PGs, SGs, and SFs in the league. Terrible...you guys probably have the worst possible takes imaginable. I'm not even sure how you could dream up a worse take than that.

daledondale
03-03-2016, 10:39 PM
http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/files/2014/11/14/635515967163120478318194316_michaelscott.gif

SASdynasty!
03-03-2016, 10:40 PM
Has parker ever benefitted from rest? He got time off last year and didn't help. Took summer off in 2014 and it didn't help. I'd rather let him play out of the funk and stay in shape
What do you want him to do? Not only be the best shooting non-big in the league, but also lead the league in scoring and assists? I mean, what exactly do you want out of the guy?

SASdynasty!
03-03-2016, 10:40 PM
http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/files/2014/11/14/635515967163120478318194316_michaelscott.gif
Better field goal % than any PG in the league...how is that difficult to understand? Are you guys really this slow?

ElNono
03-03-2016, 10:41 PM
Check that...Parker is still the best shooting player among all PGs, SGs, and SFs in the league. Terrible...you guys probably have the worst possible takes imaginable. I'm not even sure how you could dream up a worse take than that.

We know how good Tony can be, that's all we want. I'm not even saying he sucks, but he clearly is nowhere near the level we need him to be. Tonight getting yanked 2 minutes into the game was the latest example.

I don't want to hear again that "he was injured" during another playoff run... he needs to rest before he hurts himself...

spurraider21
03-03-2016, 10:41 PM
What do you want him to do? Not only be the best shooting non-big in the league, but also lead the league in scoring and assists? I mean, what exactly do you want out of the guy?
He's in a slump and not playing as well as he was in November and December

pgardn
03-03-2016, 10:42 PM

This is actually a legit point.
Maybe shave minutes not entire games.

timtonymanu
03-03-2016, 10:42 PM
We tried that with Tim and he looked like shit when he came back. No straight up DNPs. However, Pop should lower his minutes to rest him a little and let Kawhi/LMA/Patty lead the Spurs during this stretch. Rest Parker when the Spurs secure the 2 seed.

pgardn
03-03-2016, 10:43 PM
He's in a slump and not playing as well as he was in November and December

If slump means slow on D, he has got that. He is not moving his feet quickly at all.

SASdynasty!
03-03-2016, 10:44 PM
We know how good Tony can be, that's all we want. I'm not even saying he sucks, but he clearly is nowhere near the level we need him to be. Tonight getting yanked 2 minutes into the game was the latest example.

I don't want to hear again that "he was injured" during another playoff run... he needs to rest before he hurts himself...
The guy's in his 15th season and has changed his game from being a volume scorer to the best shooting non-big in the league. I can't imagine the amount of criticism you guys would have if he wasn't literally leading all backcourt players in shooting.

spurtech09
03-03-2016, 10:44 PM
Nope Tony stays in the starting line-up but patty gets more mins plus in the line-up in the remaining mins in the 4th quarter...

pgardn
03-03-2016, 10:46 PM
Nope Tony stays in the starting line-up but patty gets more mins plus in the line-up in the remaining mins in the 4th quarter...

Patty must be paired with a ball handler, not just Green out there with him.

dabom
03-03-2016, 10:46 PM
I'm all for benching that fatass. :lol

ElNono
03-03-2016, 10:47 PM
The guy's in his 15th season and has changed his game from being a volume scorer to the best shooting non-big in the league. I can't imagine the amount of criticism you guys would have if he wasn't literally leading all backcourt players in shooting.

What? He didn't change his game from November to February. Same thing happened last season. He's just burned out.

I'm hoping that Pop is throwing Miller into the fire now so he can give Tony some extended rest before the playoffs.

This thread actually legitimizes Tony's importance to the team. If I thought he flat out sucked, I would want him to get injured not rested...

gambit1990
03-03-2016, 10:51 PM
with manu out it would be a good time to bring parker off the bench and start patty. parker would have an easier time scoring against other teams' second units.

suggested it four weeks ago.

RD2191
03-03-2016, 10:53 PM
OP with the goods. :lol

urunobili
03-03-2016, 10:53 PM
Predictable thread is predictable TBH

SASdynasty!
03-03-2016, 10:54 PM
What? He didn't change his game from November to February. Same thing happened last season. He's just burned out.

I'm hoping that Pop is throwing Miller into the fire now so he can give Tony some extended rest before the playoffs.

This thread actually legitimizes Tony's importance to the team. If I thought he flat out sucked, I would want him to get injured not rested...
Yah, I think we can win individual games when Parker doesn't play, but winning a series is a totally different thing. I think we can, but in the last 3 years, we are:

6-0 in playoff series where Parker leads the team in scoring.
1-2 in playoff series where another player leads the team in scoring.

ElNono
03-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Yah, I think we can win individual games when Parker doesn't play, but winning a series is a totally different thing. I think we can, but in the last 3 years, we are:

That's exactly my point. We need him in great shape not just for the playoffs, but the brutal run we have starting in about two weeks for now.

That's why these two weeks are probably the last we have for him to get some rest.

dabom

Can you give us his TS%.

Spurtacular
suggested it four weeks ago.

Suggested it four years ago.

SAGirl
03-03-2016, 10:59 PM

He was terrible this game, and to be fair to him, he had carried a large scoring burden without Kawhi 3 games, Manu a month and Tim. He increased his scoring and burden these past February and on defense, while he declined, he still had a burden because since he is the weak link, everyone goes at him. He gets posted up by bigger guys all the time, etc. For sure he could use the rest. I am sure that is one of the reasons for Miller being here.

Miller obviously doesn't have chemistry enough that Pop feels comfortable just sitting Tony down, but he can benefit from rest. I am not sure with our tough schedule coming up how it will sit with Pop. I am also not really familiar with Andre. I think he should start and not Mills and the reason is simple. Our bench already is lacking its 3 stones:

Diaw is missing TBH
Manu the injury
If you move Patty to the SL... the bench has no identity. You really might as well (and no trolling) just play Boban and Miller and build which guys fit around those two. Boban can and will score or get fouled, Miller should develop chemistry with him... figure out your other guys around them.

BatManu20
03-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Trade him for Curry while we can imo.

SASdynasty!
03-03-2016, 11:03 PM
He was terrible this game, and to be fair to him, he had carried a large scoring burden without Kawhi 3 games, Manu a month and Tim. He increased his scoring and burden these past February and on defense, while he declined, he still had a burden because since he is the weak link, everyone goes at him. He gets posted up by bigger guys all the time, etc. For sure he could use the rest. I am sure that is one of the reasons for Miller being here.

Miller obviously doesn't have chemistry enough that Pop feels comfortable just sitting Tony down, but he can benefit from rest. I am not sure with our tough schedule coming up how it will sit with Pop. I am also not really familiar with Andre. I think he should start and not Mills and the reason is simple. Our bench already is lacking its 3 stones:

Diaw is missing TBH
Manu the injury
If you move Patty to the SL... the bench has no identity. You really might as well (and no trolling) just play Boban and Miller and build which guys fit around those two. Boban can and will score or get fouled, Miller should develop chemistry with him... figure out your other guys around them.
Parker's guy shot 5/13. Try again.

AZK619
03-03-2016, 11:05 PM
That's why his minutes should be reduced like tonight. We want a healthy Parker in the playoffs. Let him start, but let Pop reduce his minutes when necessary. :toast

ElNono
03-03-2016, 11:07 PM
That's why his minutes should be reduced like tonight. We want a healthy Parker in the playoffs. Let him start, but let Pop reduce his minutes when necessary. :toast

exactly.... smh playerfans

MultiTroll
03-03-2016, 11:12 PM
And here we thought Curry was. :rolleyes

AZK619
03-03-2016, 11:12 PM
tbh. Tony sacrificing his minutes for the better of the team is very commendable.

SASdynasty!
03-03-2016, 11:14 PM
tbh. Tony sacrificing his minutes for the better of the team is very commendable.
He's doing exactly what everyone on this forum wanted. But of course everyone goes all Russell Westbrook spastic whenever we are down in a game.

TheGreatYacht
03-03-2016, 11:15 PM
You mf, you :lmao

EN all game in the game thread: :cry Spurs need heart, come back Manu :cry

SASdynasty!
03-03-2016, 11:15 PM
And here we thought Curry was. :rolleyes
Almost, he's right behind Parker in FG%.

ElNono
03-03-2016, 11:17 PM
You mf, you :lmao

EN all game in the game thread: :cry Spurs need heart, come back Manu :cry

There's no doubt we're a much better team with Manu... numbers bear that out... but what does that has to do with wanting Tony healthy?

TheGreatYacht
03-03-2016, 11:18 PM
There's no doubt we're a much better team with Manu... numbers bear that out... but what does that has to do with wanting Tony healthy?
Nothing. Just recognizing your subtle trolling goods, tbh

ElNono
03-03-2016, 11:21 PM
Nothing. Just recognizing your subtle trolling goods, tbh

:lol thanks

MultiTroll
03-03-2016, 11:21 PM
A Pizza Hut combo with extra cheese and olives is arriving soon if anybody wants some.
Brownies too.

ElNono
03-03-2016, 11:23 PM
A Pizza Hut combo with extra cheese and olives is arriving soon if anybody wants some.
Brownies too.

I'll bring the beer, tbh...

Kawhitstorm
03-03-2016, 11:24 PM
Porker's game isn't suited for being a bench player. Just treat him like 2013-14: Bench him if he's sleepwalking & give the 3rd string PG an early burn if there is a shotblocker on the other team.

SpursBig3s
03-03-2016, 11:26 PM
I agree OP. Maybe not sit him since our schedule is about to get brutal, but cut some of his minutes. Hell, if GS increases their lead, fuck it sit him a few games. We're guaranteed the 2 seed if we can't catch GS

aal04
03-03-2016, 11:32 PM
Even if hes scoring points, hes leaking them. Hes a gaping hole on defense. He needs to come off the bench pending matchups. You cant just start him because he "averages" better. But then we have Mills who is a shortie as well. We dont really have an athletic PG with length to play decent defense.

SAGirl
03-03-2016, 11:35 PM
Even if hes scoring points, hes leaking them. Hes a gaping hole on defense. He needs to come off the bench pending matchups. You cant just start him because he "averages" better. But then we have Mills who is a shortie as well. We dont really have an athletic PG with length to play decent defense.
Mills is worse defensively man to man. The benefit to him is that he's not ball dominant like Tony is, plays off the ball well, actually he's better off the ball than with it. His shooting provides spacing for post players like LMA and Kawhi.

MultiTroll
03-03-2016, 11:37 PM
I'll bring the beer, tbh...
Pizza, beer and brownies.
This will work. :lol

dabom
03-03-2016, 11:39 PM
Mills is worse defensively man to man. The benefit to him is that he's not ball dominant like Tony is, plays off the ball well, actually he's better off the ball than with it. His shooting provides spacing for post players like LMA and Kawhi.

Now you are learning something. He is also a better defender than Tony.

r0drig0lac
03-03-2016, 11:42 PM

Benoit
03-04-2016, 01:10 AM
Tony Parker carried the Spurs from 2007 to 2014

Ive never seen fans disrespect their own legend so much like they do on this forum

Was it because he said Kobe is the MJ of their generation??

TheDoctor
03-04-2016, 01:19 AM

There's a difference between "rest" and eat like a pig (2014-2015) and rest but staying in shape.

DMC
03-04-2016, 01:57 AM
No. We need energy off the bench. Tony would kill that 2nd unit.

ElNono
03-04-2016, 02:03 AM
No. We need energy off the bench. Tony would kill that 2nd unit.

:lol damn

Cry Havoc
03-04-2016, 02:04 AM
Tony Parker carried the Spurs from 2007 to 2014

Ive never seen fans disrespect their own legend so much like they do on this forum

Was it because he said Kobe is the MJ of their generation??

It's because a decent number of posters on this forum aren't Spurs fans. They're easy to spot, they use the word "faggot" a lot and post 47 topics per day about how their random musings make them more knowledgeable than Popovich.

There's still a thread around here that talks about how terrible of a coach Pop is.

NASpurs
03-04-2016, 02:06 AM
It's because a decent number of posters on this forum aren't Spurs fans. They're easy to spot, they use the word "faggot" a lot and post 47 topics per day about how their random musings make them more knowledgeable than Popovich.

There's still a thread around here that talks about how terrible of a coach Pop is.

Thinking you're replying to a real poster. :lol

Cry Havoc
03-04-2016, 02:08 AM
Thinking you're replying to a real poster. :lol

I seriously doubt it, but who knows. We used to have a pretty solid contingent of Pistons fans here when they were good.

NASpurs
03-04-2016, 02:09 AM
I seriously doubt it, but who knows. We used to have a pretty solid contingent of Pistons fans here when they were good.

Read up the "easy schedule" thread and you'll get your answer.

daslicer
03-04-2016, 02:10 AM

Even the Mav fan contingent wasn't that bad. The Lakers fan contingent that invaded this place in '08 brought down the quality by several notches.

DMC
03-04-2016, 02:12 AM
You can tell by how he defended Tony he's from France. Narrow that down.

DenialTwist
03-04-2016, 04:39 AM
Porker's game isn't suited for being a bench player. Just treat him like 2013-14: Bench him if he's sleepwalking & give the 3rd string PG an early burn if there is a shotblocker on the other team.

Yes. This is how Pop should be with TP. But look at the playoffs last season, they didn't bench him when he had defensive lapses. Every analyst was wondering why Pop chose to play TP more than Mills considering he was dealing with a nagging injury and he was playing awful. I was surprised Pop sat Parker so soon in the Pels game and down the stretch in the 4th quarter in favor of Mills. Finally.

Brazil
03-04-2016, 07:36 AM
:rolleyes

Spurs are 52-9 and fine

why would you start parker off the bench ? to get rest ? this is as stupid as it possibly can be... let's shake up stuff in March and unbalance what the team is doing... great idea

Parker carried a bit more lately than he should have, he is slower right now than a couple of weeks ago but with Manu back, Tim being ok... just limit his minutes when possible on the low 25 like yesterday and shut it down on back to backs.

TheDoctor
03-04-2016, 07:50 AM
:lmao People giving rational thoughts in a trolling thread. Loose yourself a little and relax :hat

$pursDynasty
03-04-2016, 07:53 AM

Spurs are 52-9 and fine

why would you start parker off the bench ? to get rest ? this is as stupid as it possibly can be... let's shake up stuff in March and unbalance what the team is doing... great idea

Parker carried a bit more lately than he should have, he is slower right now than a couple of weeks ago but with Manu back, Tim being ok... just limit his minutes when possible on the low 25 like yesterday and shut it down on back to backs.
uh oh Brazil talking logically, doesn't he realize that there is no place for truth nukes, on a thread where posters are busy trying to troll others?

gilmor
03-04-2016, 08:11 AM
Muahaha.. next year big 3 will be history.. it will be just Kwahi and LMAplha.. every one should realise that.

SASdynasty!
03-04-2016, 08:23 AM

Spurs are 52-9 and fine

We could honestly be 60-1 and people on this forum would be asking for a roster change. The level of stupidity is off the charts. Thankfully we have Pop and RC behind the wheel and not these stable geniuses.

Brazil
03-04-2016, 10:38 AM
:lmao People giving rational thoughts in a trolling thread. Loose yourself a little and relax :hat

You should know that ElNono is never on the "pure" trolling, he is on the subtle business. This thread is made to look like a troll thread but the subtle part is that under the :cry I want Parker doing well :cry it is to point out that Parker is struggling, increase a bit the hate level of the forum that has been quiet on him and prepare the ground for Manu's come back then he will have the "he is 200 y/o, back from injury and still better than Parker".... and it works nicely... you can see the fatass Porker posts popping up here and there.

El is the best Parker hater of this forum and it is not even close... :lol

ElNono
03-04-2016, 10:43 AM

Spurs are 52-9 and fine

Why is it stupid? stupid is letting him keep on banging and tearing down when we have like 5 games against OKC and the Thunder in about two weeks, followed by the playoffs.

It's been two seasons in a row where we gotta hear how "but Tony was clearly injured" when the playoffs come around. It would be nice for once that he isn't "injured" but well rested, etc.

I didn't even said to shut him down, just give him token minutes to keep his rhythm...

FWIW, Bobo is another guy that's showing signs of fatigue and could also use some rest, IMO.

ElNono
03-04-2016, 10:45 AM
You should know that ElNono is never on the "pure" trolling, he is on the subtle business. This thread is made to look like a troll thread but the subtle part is that under the :cry I want Parker doing well :cry it is to point out that Parker is struggling, increase a bit the hate level of the forum that has been quiet on him and prepare the ground for Manu's come back then he will have the "he is 200 y/o, back from injury and still better than Parker".... and it works nicely... you can see the fatass Porker posts popping up here and there.

El is the best Parker hater of this forum and it is not even close... :lol

That's too machiavellian :lol

There are some subtleties in the OP, no doubt, but the concern is legit, tbh

Brazil
03-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Why is it stupid? stupid is letting him keep on banging and tearing down when we have like 5 games against OKC and the Thunder in about two weeks, followed by the playoffs.

How playing off the bench is gonna help on the banging and tearing part ? he will play what ? 3 mn less per game ? and in counterpart you take the risk to change the dynamic of a 52-9 ? You can rest him by limiting his minutes like yesterday and shut him down on back to backs.

It's been two seasons in a row where we gotta hear how "but Tony was clearly injured" when the playoffs come around. It would be nice for once that he isn't "injured" but well rested, etc.

why using the " " ? is this somebody else opinion not yours ? are you implying this is bullshit ala Kobe excuses and distance yourself from thoses stances ? why don't call a spade a spade ?

I didn't even said to shut him down, just give him token minutes to keep his rhythm...

:lol token minutes... translation: "we should use Andre Miller as a starter, patty off the bench and play Parker during garbage time"

FWIW, Bobo is another guy that's showing signs of fatigue and could also use some rest, IMO.

he is already playing off the bench tho... not working much for him but maybe it would work for Parker... humm ok

Brazil
03-04-2016, 11:00 AM
That's too machiavellian :lol

There are some subtleties in the OP, no doubt, but the concern is legit, tbh

Manu being close to return should be enough joy in your heart... but no, it's never enough... you are the equivalent of a scavenger smelling blood, ready to eat again on a dead body even though your stomach is already full... the Krew is following tho so good for ya brah

ElNono
03-04-2016, 11:06 AM
How playing off the bench is gonna help on the banging and tearing part ? he will play what ? 3 mn less per game ? and in counterpart you take the risk to change the dynamic of a 52-9 ? You can rest him by limiting his minutes like yesterday and shut him down on back to backs.

10-15 mins a game against weak competition, no back to backs... enough time to get some shots off, etc. No bruising, running through screens, etc.

why using the " " ? is this somebody else opinion not yours ? are you implying you this is bullshit ala Kobe excuses and distance yourself from thoses stances ? why don't call a spade a spade ?

Because Tony never said he was injured, and he went to play for France as soon as the season was over. If I have to decide based on what he did, he wasn't "injured", just burned out. But here plenty of peeps dropped the "injured" cop out. I don't want to hear cop outs again. Two playoffs in a row now.

he is already playing off the bench tho... not working much for him but maybe it would work for Parker... humm ok

He's a guy that might need to get shut down for a while. It's concerning, because unlike Parker, he's played about the same minutes as Tim and West this season, and he looks worn out.

IMO, Bobo really is somebody we can't afford to struggle, he's a huge part of the bench play.

ElNono
03-04-2016, 11:08 AM
Manu being close to return should be enough joy in your heart... but no, it's never enough... you are the equivalent of a scavenger smelling blood, ready to eat again on a dead body even though your stomach is already full... the Krew is following tho so good for ya brah

I'm happier seeing Patty playing well, and making timely shots, in case we need another 2014 cameo from him. But, obviously, I rather have Tony healthy, tbh...

Brazil
03-04-2016, 11:12 AM
I'm happier seeing Patty playing well, and making timely shots, in case we need another 2014 cameo from him. But, obviously, I rather have Tony healthy, tbh...

:lol come on

Brazil
03-04-2016, 11:18 AM
10-15 mins a game against weak competition, no back to backs... enough time to get some shots off, etc. No bruising, running through screens, etc.

and for these 5-10 mn you put the mess in the starting five and the bench... not worth it... at all

if you believe he needs rest, your stance should be don't play him at all for a stretch of games

Because Tony never said he was injured, and he went to play for France as soon as the season was over. If I have to decide based on what he did, he wasn't "injured", just burned out. But here plenty of peeps dropped the "injured" cop out. I don't want to hear cop outs again. Two playoffs in a row now.

just when we thought you were being serious...

He's a guy that might need to get shut down for a while. It's concerning, because unlike Parker, he's played about the same minutes as Tim and West this season, and he looks worn out.

IMO, Bobo really is somebody we can't afford to struggle, he's a huge part of the bench play.

I can't agree more but if you shut bobo down he can take 10 pounds in a heartbeat... so not sure whats the plan there but yes he is worn out

RD2191
03-04-2016, 11:21 AM
:wakeup

Ice009
03-04-2016, 11:29 AM

I actually read an interesting short article the other day where Tim Grover (Jordan's former trainer) doesn't really believe sitting out players for rest is a good thing.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-truth-about-rest-in-the-nba-181702486.html

I'm curious what you guys think about it. I actually agreed with a lot of what Grover said. It's actually what I've been saying for years around here. I think that if you want to rest players then you can limit their minutes instead of having them sit out whole games. Maybe some older players might need the game off, but young players not so much IMO. Also, sleep and proper rest is key. Like Grover said, if the player sits out the game but goes out clubbing and doesn't get much sleep, then that is not quality rest. If the player sits on the bench for 2 hours, but then stays up playing Xbox and texting, then that is not proper rest either.

ElNono
03-04-2016, 12:14 PM
and for these 5-10 mn you put the mess in the starting five and the bench... not worth it... at all

if you believe he needs rest, your stance should be don't play him at all for a stretch of games

We can afford that "mess" right now... big picture. If he's not 100% when it matters, what's the point?

just when we thought you were being serious...

What do you mean? He was definitely hurt in 2014 (thankfully Gino was healthy), and then some playerfans here claimed he was "hurt" last season too.

I don't wanna hear how he's hurt again. Rest him now, IMO.

I can't agree more but if you shut bobo down he can take 10 pounds in a heartbeat... so not sure whats the plan there but yes he is worn out

Best coach ever should be able to figure it out, tbh

Brazil
03-04-2016, 12:48 PM
We can afford that "mess" right now... big picture. If he's not 100% when it matters, what's the point?

What do you mean? He was definitely hurt in 2014 (thankfully Gino was healthy), and then some playerfans here claimed he was "hurt" last season too.

I don't wanna hear how he's hurt again. Rest him now, IMO.

Best coach ever should be able to figure it out, tbh

when you can achieve same effect without the mess, why would you not to ?

He had a fine PO run in 13-14... it was not 12-13 but he played more than 700 mn with same usage rate than last 7 years 31 mpg... not sure what you are talking about... during those 23 games he had some ups and downs and some games where he was not ok but same can be said about healthy manu who had an amazing PO run but had also very forgettable games...

now if your subtle is oh he was then healthy enough so he has no excuses to have played like crap and the usual subtles about game 6, I've better things to do mate and not in the mood

Lostwingman
03-04-2016, 12:48 PM
I don't know what we should do but I really hope that he is at least close to his early season form after next week.

ElNono
03-04-2016, 02:05 PM
when you can achieve same effect without the mess, why would you not to ?

He had a fine PO run in 13-14... it was not 12-13 but he played more than 700 mn with same usage rate than last 7 years 31 mpg... not sure what you are talking about... during those 23 games he had some ups and downs and some games where he was not ok but same can be said about healthy manu who had an amazing PO run but had also very forgettable games...

now if your subtle is oh he was then healthy enough so he has no excuses to have played like crap and the usual subtles about game 6, I've better things to do mate and not in the mood

He couldn't even play in 2nd halves of two series-clinching games, including the WCF... thank god for Manu and Patty.

I get that Calderon, Devin Harris and CP3 are bad matchups for him, but if on top of that he's tired, it' just not helping.

And I totally agree with Manu (and Tim) also getting some rest. Manu was forced to rest this last month, and we'll see what he looks like when he gets back, but Tim and his knee situation is concerning also.

gambit1990
03-04-2016, 04:09 PM
patty is faster, can shoot better, and has better court vision than parker. he also doesn't need the ball in his hands to still operate and be effective: patty makes better cuts and can set up behind the three like parker never could.
and this season patty's steal percentage is higher than tony, patty's turnover percentage is lower than tony's... patty's offensive box +/- and box +/- is twice as high as parker's.

Brazil
03-04-2016, 04:25 PM

He couldn't even play in 2nd halves of two series-clinching games, including the WCF... thank god for Manu and Patty.

I get that Calderon, Devin Harris and CP3 are bad matchups for him, but if on top of that he's tired, it' just not helping.

[..] and the usual subtles about game 6, I've better things to do mate and not in the mood

And I totally agree with Manu (and Tim) also getting some rest. Manu was forced to rest this last month, and we'll see what he looks like when he gets back, but Tim and his knee situation is concerning also.

Pop should be extra cautious with the big 3 that's probably one of last opportunity to have them as healthy as possible entering in the POs...

Slippy
03-04-2016, 04:35 PM
Tony should remain a starter for this season atleast. Out of respect and to keep that confidence intact.

Saying that, i hope Pop keeps a tight leash like he did last night. The benching early in the first and 5mins to go in the 4th absolutely paid off for the spurs.

Mel_13
03-04-2016, 04:36 PM
ElNono threads always deliver.

SupremeGuy
03-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Pop just needs to take him out when he's playing like shit. It's pretty simple. No matter where you put him, if he's playing like shit, he's going to kill the offense and play crap defense. A minutes reduction would be best for everyone involved.

DMC
03-04-2016, 04:50 PM
To answer the OP: Yes, he's eventually going to have to come off the bench in order to go back home.

ElNono
03-06-2016, 12:13 AM
ugh, tbh, please Pop rest him...

spursistan
03-06-2016, 12:20 AM
Has looked turrible really..couldn't even breakdown the shitty Kings defense..I would excuse him from next two game trip and have him stay in SA to get ready for the brutal homsetand..

gambit1990
03-06-2016, 12:31 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255957

so yes. patty is better than parker. except when it comes to sleeping with a teammate's wife.

TrainOfThought5
03-06-2016, 01:18 AM
Parker may be done. Period. Full stop.

We need to find the PG of the future next year. Let Parker take over bench duty.

03-06-2016, 02:05 AM
I would be for it if Cojo was still on the team. Parker is going to be a gaping hole against Westbrook and Curry. The Spurs might be able to hide Parker on Roberson against the Thunder but there is no way the Spurs can hide Parker on Thompson or Harrison Barnes against the Warriors.

However, the Spurs don't have a good defensive back up PG anymore so... the Spurs are kind of stuck with him in the starting lineup.

Hoops Czar
03-06-2016, 02:19 AM
Niggas in here don't know coasting when you see it.

gambit1990
03-08-2016, 03:20 PM
you don't bench a borderline All Star point guard.

Delete your account.
:lol