PDA

View Full Version : SPAM

ElNono
03-03-2016, 11:19 PM
We're getting there, tbh... tonight was a breakout game for some reason, on the road in a place we haven't won in 2 years, with Kawhi and LMA leading the way and taking over for a big win right at the end.

:flag:

MultiTroll
03-03-2016, 11:22 PM
Pops finally taking Parker out before it was too late helped.
I think Pop is starting to mature.

SASdynasty!
03-03-2016, 11:23 PM
Now to get past round 1 in the playoffs...

MultiTroll
03-03-2016, 11:25 PM
Now to get past round 1 in the playoffs...
Speaking of injuries to the balls.....
It may require one of the assistant coaches to forcefully speak up.

Is that Becky still having the largest pair on the bench? Or has Idoka had his reset? Has Euro guys even arrived yet?

SAGirl
03-03-2016, 11:29 PM
Pop really wants to win this season. He wasn't this bold last season, and I think he's learned as a coach. He's playing the guys who are going to get it done.
I don't think anyone should be salty when Timmy himself gets benched when there are matches that he can't handle or that are not advantageous to him.

SASdynasty!
03-03-2016, 11:31 PM
Pop really wants to win this season. He wasn't this bold last season, and I think he's learned as a coach. He's playing the guys who are going to get it done.
I don't think anyone should be salty when Timmy himself gets benched when there are matches that he can't handle or that are not advantageous to him.
I'll take "have gotten" it done over "are going to" get it done.

timtonymanu
03-03-2016, 11:32 PM
In. Just enjoy the ride.

Silver&Black
03-03-2016, 11:34 PM
:spam:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3088/2771310584_608ea80721_z.jpg?zz=1

Chris
03-03-2016, 11:35 PM
In. Just enjoy the ride.

Till the wheels fall off

HI-FI
03-03-2016, 11:35 PM
definitely was a promising finish, I wasn't expecting that.

great to see, plus with the Arrival of Kawhi, he doesn't have to put as much trust in Capitaine Unreliable.

timtonymanu
03-03-2016, 11:38 PM
definitely was a promising finish, I wasn't expecting that.

great to see, plus with the Arrival of Kawhi, he doesn't have to put as much trust in Capitaine Unreliable.

Helps that MVPatty looks better too. He was huge while Manu was out.

Floyd Pacquiao
03-03-2016, 11:40 PM
Manu coming back in time too. Team is gearing up for the stretch run.

DMC
03-04-2016, 02:00 AM
Sit Parker Another Month

Cry Havoc
03-04-2016, 02:08 AM
anwy2MPT5RE

Mugen
03-04-2016, 02:16 AM
Nono - what's your favorite SPAM dish my nig?

Mnky
03-04-2016, 02:26 AM
I'm happy to see the spurs allow LMA and Kawhi be the stars they are. They did a job early with Kawhi getting touches in the season but mellowed out. I really believe both Duncan and Parker were getting in the way of their development. The old guys have to accept the role their peers did during their runs. They don't need to be the stars.. just the role players. Manu embraces it more than any of the big three.. always calling plays for lma and Kawhi when they're being shy.
Pop may have got Miller to prepare for Parker throwing a fit TBH.. :lol let him know he can ride the bench if he doesn't play his role.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-04-2016, 02:29 AM
Spaghetti and meatball... only one meatball, most likely

AFMadison
03-04-2016, 02:35 AM
I agree. It looked like at the end of the game the team actually wanted it instead of relying on NO to just screw it up. I wanna see that willingness to win and that fire in every quarter of every game. That's what it will take.

Horry Hipcheck
03-04-2016, 04:47 AM
My question is...how many more games do the Spurs win before they lose their tenth?

Duncanforthree
03-04-2016, 05:23 AM
I think it's amazing that we are a week into March and the Spurs are still in single digit losses.

Here's to hoping the Spurs can derail the Warriors chase for the Bulls record.

The Spurs could set the record themselves. They only have to,you know, win the next 21 games.

SASdynasty!
03-04-2016, 10:34 AM
I'm happy to see the spurs allow LMA and Kawhi be the stars they are. They did a job early with Kawhi getting touches in the season but mellowed out. I really believe both Duncan and Parker were getting in the way of their development. The old guys have to accept the role their peers did during their runs. They don't need to be the stars.. just the role players. Manu embraces it more than any of the big three.. always calling plays for lma and Kawhi when they're being shy.
Pop may have got Miller to prepare for Parker throwing a fit TBH.. :lol let him know he can ride the bench if he doesn't play his role.
Lol, both Parker and Duncan are shooting 10 or less shots a game. Parker once again leads the team in assists like he has every season for the last 15 years and yet they are "getting in the way." It's funny, because Parker and Duncan both shoot less than Manu per 36. Duncan actually shoots less than Manu and plays way more minutes. Good thing Pop and RC make decisions based on the statistical data and not the made up ST narratives.

You're talking about a guy who was leading the MVP race 3 seasons ago shooting 10 shots a game.

FromWayDowntown
03-04-2016, 10:45 AM
I hope that Ed Helicopter Jones has made his SPAM pilgrimage.

ElNono
03-04-2016, 10:46 AM

Never tried SPAM, believe or not... doesn't look too tempting either, tbh...

ElNono
03-04-2016, 10:48 AM
I actually thought LMA, for the first time in his career, took responsibility to take over and keep us afloat in the 4th until Kawhi closed the deal... that was different, and good to see...

Mnky
03-04-2016, 11:42 AM
Lol, both Parker and Duncan are shooting 10 or less shots a game. Parker once again leads the team in assists like he has every season for the last 15 years and yet they are "getting in the way." It's funny, because Parker and Duncan both shoot less than Manu per 36. Duncan actually shoots less than Manu and plays way more minutes. Good thing Pop and RC make decisions based on the statistical data and not the made up ST narratives.

You're talking about a guy who was leading the MVP race 3 seasons ago shooting 10 shots a game.

Those are averages.. which means they've had higher and lower... obviously when it's lower it has worked out. Duncan was demanding the ball a lot early in the season and taking both Kawhi and lma post ups just to get blocked repeatedly. Not a knock on him, he was just taking a lot of the court up that lma and Kawhi flourish in. He gets out of the way now. Tony is not an MVP player. Hate to break it to you buddy. :lol

In reference to manu, he takes more shots because he's the best scorer on the second unit. You can't have everyone in the first unit raking 10 shots each and lma and Kawhi taking 20 each ..that's 70 shots before you even get to the second unit.

It's not a made up narrative that Tony has the ball in his hands way too much at times and over dribbles taking the offense out of sync. He also plays horrible defense at times. That's why pop benched him within a couple minutes and sat him at the end. Guess what happened.. the spurs got over the hump they've been stuck on.
Kyle made a tweet today talking about the final 5 in last night's game finishing and how great it was to see. The team plays better and feels better when Tony and Tim are not holding the ball as much. It's not a Diss, it's obvious assessment. The team is better when their all stars touch the ball more.

Made up narrative is a funny way to look at it I guess.

trypldubl
03-04-2016, 12:37 PM

Dude like you said Parker was great 3 seasons ago. That was then and this is now. Can you not see how parker stagnates the offense sometimes? There were a few possessions where Parker got the ball on the wing wide open, did nothing with it but wait to pass or dribble drive with nothing to show for it. He didn't even look to take the open shot. One time he even air-balled a three. If he was able to consistently knock down a 3, then he would have been out there at the end of the game last night. Yes he was awesome during that 2013 run, but had that hamstring injury in the finals and has not been the same since.

I agree with Mnky that Duncan, Parker and to some extend Manu (when he tries to close out quarters) were sort of hindering the growth of LMA and Kawhi. It was a lot of Duncan Parker pick and rolls were Kawhi would just be in the corner or the outlet guy and LMA plays would mainly consist of post ups. Now you see more of LMA and Kawhi running those same plays together and Kawhi has the ball more to make things happen. That drive and kick to Mills is what Kawhi needs to do more in order for the team to get better shots. There was one possession at the end of the game where the ball swung to green wide open because of Kawhi's penetration. Parker used to do a lot of that type of playmaking but is having a harder time now. If he is in at the end of the games he has a hard time breaking away from that mindset.
I love Parker but if he is not the best option at the end of games then so be it. Some games he might be but other he won’t. Same thing for Tim and Manu.

Mugen
03-04-2016, 12:40 PM

What a snob tbh

spurs10
03-04-2016, 01:15 PM
SPAM is a Spurs thing and not a food thing. Now if you fry the hell out of it you might be able to ingest it! :hungry::frying::spam:

lefty
03-04-2016, 01:21 PM

Sit Parker Another Month

Horse
03-04-2016, 01:36 PM
I loved Parker and Miller together don't have to worry about ball security. Now throw manu in there let miller run point and everyone else score.

ElNono
03-04-2016, 02:07 PM
What a snob tbh

lol plebe

Boogie Munster
03-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Sit Parker Another Month

crofl

SnakeBoy
03-04-2016, 03:10 PM

Get some salted ham, add more salt, chew it up, spit it out into your hand, squeeze the moisture out of it until it's a solid chunk of pre-chewed extra salty ham. Then eat it and you'll know what SPAM tastes like.

K...
03-04-2016, 10:47 PM
SPAM just got reinforcements!!@#@!@!!!