PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans Game A Seminal Moment?

TD 21
03-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Everything about the game was predictable. It was the Pelicans, it was the road, it was national TV, they were probably due a loss and Gentry had just called out his team the night before.

Despite all of this and the usual laboring offense in the situations, the Spurs finally pulled a Warriors and won a game they didn't deserve. They won mainly because Leonard and Aldridge, decided they had seen enough of these types of losses and wouldn't let them lose.

In order to have a chance to win the championship, this needed to happen at some point this season. They needed to take ownership of the team. That doesn't automatically come from being the consensus best players; it comes from leading by example and last night, I finally saw that.

03-04-2016, 05:50 PM
SPAM :bobo

spursistan
03-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Everything about the game was predictable. It was the Pelicans, it was the road, it was national TV, they were probably due a loss and Gentry had just called out his team the night before.

Despite all of this and the usual laboring offense in the situations, the Spurs finally pulled a Warriors and won a game they didn't deserve. They won mainly because Leonard and Aldridge, decided they had seen enough of these types of losses and wouldn't let them lose.

In order to have a chance to win the championship, this needed to happen at some point this season. They needed to take ownership of the team. That doesn't automatically come from being the consensus best players; it comes from leading by example and last night, I finally saw that.
+ Parker given the "yank-a-porky" treatment by Pop..

UNT Eagles 2016
03-04-2016, 06:02 PM

Bam. You got it right there.

*2003: The Rodeo Road Trip, in particular the brutal Saturday night (@ Lakers)-Sunday afternoon (@ Kings) back to back at the end of that trip; also, the @ Dallas game in mid-March that we won in overtime on Tony's last second floater

*2005: Aside from the @ Suns epic in January, the double OT back-to-back without Tim in late March, @ Clippers and @ Warriors, we had no business winning either one but we won both... that really keyed us

*2007: The @ Lakers win on Finley's 3 in February on the RRT, and quite a few others in March on the 13 game winning streak

2014: Nothing really in the regular season, but competition was weak that year so it didn't really matter too much... this year, competition is very high like in the 00s

apalisoc_9
03-04-2016, 06:05 PM

Worried parker might not see it and runs stupid sets

UNT Eagles 2016
03-04-2016, 06:06 PM
also, lol @ "seminal" moment... you mean sentimental, right?

apalisoc_9
03-04-2016, 06:08 PM
The first quarter always stagnates because parker is always running sets thats not meant to get leonard going. Leonard is impressive with mills though +29

spursistan
03-04-2016, 06:11 PM

It would be interesting to see Manu adaptation process, too..he is likely going to play in crunch time and one hope he also realizes the changing dynamic (especially this past month without him) by trying to do less himself and look to set up Kawhi more often..

Obi Juan Kenobi
03-04-2016, 06:12 PM
They also didn't deserve to win the Orlando game a few weeks back either...

Mr. Body
03-04-2016, 06:15 PM
It did look like one of this shitty losses he Spurs are known for. To be fair, the Pels have no reason to play hard.

lil'mo
03-04-2016, 06:23 PM

I thought you were smart?

DeRozan m8
03-04-2016, 06:32 PM

lmao no

UNT Eagles 2016
03-04-2016, 06:35 PM
lmao no
I guess seminal has multiple meanings according to google lol. The more you know...

UZER
03-04-2016, 06:36 PM

Parker has a little Westbrook in him.

Mel_13
03-04-2016, 06:39 PM

will_spurs
03-04-2016, 06:54 PM
I guess seminal has multiple meanings according to the English language lol.

Fixed.

MoSpur
03-04-2016, 06:57 PM
I actually thought kinda of the same thing about last night's win. It was frustrating the whole game until those last 5 minutes or so. The team came together and the defense locked in. KL and LA took over. This team needed a win like that and I think its a good sign for the rest of the season.

benefactor
03-04-2016, 07:21 PM
Nice to have a non-whiny post from you for once...and I agree with your take...even if you did pull the "I'll use that awesome word I saw elsewhere online today" card with your thread title. Watching you vacillate between crying your eyes out and doing things to look smart so people will respect you is adorable.

Obstructed_View
03-04-2016, 07:24 PM

Any school that ever gave you a passing grade has just given you grounds for a lawsuit. :lmao

Chinook
03-04-2016, 07:48 PM
2014: Nothing really in the regular season, but competition was weak that year so it didn't really matter too much... this year, competition is very high like in the 00s

Danny had two signature games that year: his second game back after his injury against Washington and that game against Phoenix. The first one was when Kawhi and Manu were still out, Parker left the game early and Duncan fouled out at the beginning of double OT. Second one was without the Big Three and when the Spurs were down 20-plus in the first. They were both examples of the "not again" attitude that really symbolized the redemption tour.

ElNono
03-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Mentioned it on the SPAM thread, tbh

DeRozan m8
03-04-2016, 08:07 PM
I guess seminal has multiple meanings according to google lol. The more you know...

Not everything relates to dix, man

tbdog
03-04-2016, 08:09 PM
The way we played in the last 4 mins will beat any team in the league. It was amazing D. Two beats carried us. Mills hitting big shots. Was just beautiful. But the way we played in the first 42 mins wont get it done against Dubs, Cavs, Thunder, or Clips.