PDA

View Full Version : Primaries & Caucuses Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Reck
03-05-2016, 07:06 AM
Dems have 3 States and Reps have 5 states up for grabs tonight.

My calculations have told me Hillary will get her ass beat tonight.

She will lose 2 out of 3. Kansas and Nebraska.

She will get Louisiana but even that one is in doubt.

Only thing she got going for her is the delegates. Not a lot of them to be handed out.

rmt
03-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Cruz wins BIG in Kansas. Repubs' primaries are closed - all repubs, no independents + causus format not good for Trump. Cruz up in Maine - if he gets 50% + 1, he gets all the delegates.

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Trump is strongest in states with lots of minorities that angry white people don't like being around. So if he doesn't win big in Louisiana his campaign is in some serious trouble.

Pelicans78
03-05-2016, 06:46 PM
Lousiana is different compared to other SEC states where the majority of blacks live in the major cities like New Orleans and Baton Rouge, and it's a majority Catholic state who tend to vote differently than Baptists. Also, Cruz did very well in neighboring states like Texas and Arkansas so I expect him to do well in this state. I would be somewhat surprised if Trump wins big. Alot of the conservatives I've talked to here in this state support Cruz much more compare to Trump.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Starting to look like it'll be a brokered convention, Trump isn't getting the votes his polls reflect and Cruz will be losing votes to Marco who doesn't even have a prayer :lol

rip GOP

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Losing Maine (and at the level he is) looks really bad for Trump's chances. Gotta hand it to McConnell and Romney, they told the voters they were retards and they listened. :lol

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Poor hater, this guy is always bandwagoning losers like Trump, Marco Belinelli, the Memphis Grizzlies, Pablo Escobar, etc.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Losing Maine (and at the level he is) looks really bad for Trump's chances. Gotta hand it to McConnell and Romney, they told the voters they were retards and they listened. :lol

They probably decided to vote blue because of him if anything, tbh. You see this level of infighting and figure they're all pieces of shit.

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 07:21 PM
They probably decided to vote blue because of him if anything, tbh. You see this level of infighting and figure they're all pieces of shit.

Aren't the Republicans getting extremely high turnout though?

rmt
03-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Things are skewed now since the Romney speech. Yesterday, on local talk show in Miami, one Cruz fan is voting for Rubio to stop Trump. But Cruz is gonna campaign in Florida to take out Rubio because he doesn't want to go to a brokered convention (since he isn't liked). I guess he'd rather Rubio and Kasich drop out so he gets Rubio fans and take his chances vs Trump.

ElNono
03-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Poor hater, this guy is always bandwagoning losers like Trump, Marco Belinelli, the Memphis Grizzlies, Pablo Escobar, etc.

:lol

ElNono
03-05-2016, 07:26 PM
I can't believe Romney has any kind of credibility... he was a terrible candidate who made piss poor decisions with his campaign...

Mitch
03-05-2016, 07:29 PM

You have to point to Trump for a lot of that, tbh. What do you think will happen in the general election if all these trump voters get the run around with 1 state Rubio or bible thumping Cruz being hand picked?

GOP might just be committing suicide by sending new voters to the dems.

ElNono
03-05-2016, 07:30 PM
You have to point to Trump for a lot of that, tbh. What do you think will happen in the general election if all these trump voters get the run around with 1 state Rubio or bible thumping Cruz being hand picked?

IMO, Trump will come out a month after handing the presidency to Shillary and admit he was a Dem mole all along...

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 07:30 PM
I can't believe Romney has any kind of credibility... he was a terrible candidate who made piss poor decisions with his campaign...

LOL going to the right in the general. That should have been an easy Republican win with how much of a disappointment Obama was. Magic Negro has to be biggest letdown of a president ever.

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 07:32 PM

I don't see it. If the GOP can have this kind of pull in a couple of days it looks like they have converted a lot of the Trump voters.

ElNono
03-05-2016, 07:33 PM
Any doubts yet Little Robotic Marco is done?

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 07:34 PM
Any doubts yet Little Robotic Marco is done?

LOL, shit will be hilarious if the Little Marco name ends his run as a national candidate.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 07:35 PM
I don't see it. If the GOP can have this kind of pull in a couple of days it looks like they have converted a lot of the Trump voters.

Don't think it has much to do with conversion, rather the polling included dem voters. People will see Trump as the popular candidate when this goes to a brokered convention and if you pick a little shit who only has one state this deep in the election, the GOP will lose voters.

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Don't think it has much to do with conversion, rather the polling included dem voters. People will see Trump as the popular candidate when this goes to a brokered convention and if you pick a little shit who only has one state this deep in the election, the GOP will lose voters.

Looks like slimy Teddy is the guy who will get the nomination. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leading the delegate count at the convention. They'd rather have Rubio but Cruz is the compromise for the Republican party.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Looks like slimy Teddy is the guy who will get the nomination. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leading the delegate count at the convention. They'd rather have Rubio but Cruz is the compromise for the Republican party.

Cruz is pretty much even with Trump in GOP favor :lol

Their guy is Rubio or Kasich, two guys easy to control. Especially Rubio, fucker might actually be a robot.

ElNono
03-05-2016, 07:41 PM

Cruz is a terrible candidate for a number of reasons, and him getting the nomination would be probably as damaging to the GOP as Trump... he's a spoiled brat that takes the ball home when he doesn't get his way. Basically, another authoritarian in that respect.

Him actually winning these states sucks, because even if he doesn't win the nomination, it empowers him to continue being a shitty Senator.

rmt
03-05-2016, 07:42 PM

Percentage increase from 2012
Alaska 55.1%
Texas 95.4%
Tennessee 56%
Arkansas 160%
South Carolina 23.5%
Nevada 128.7%
Georgia 43.4%
Iowa 54%
Alabama 37.7%
Virginia 285.9%
Oklahoma 60.4%
Vermont 0.3%
New Hampshire 15.3%
Minnesota 130.5%
Mass 70.2%

Wonder what's going on in Virginia? They must be pissed.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Percentage increase from 2012
Alaska 55.1%
Texas 95.4%
Tennessee 56%
Arkansas 160%
South Carolina 23.5%
Nevada 128.7%
Georgia 43.4%
Iowa 54%
Alabama 37.7%
Virginia 285.9%
Oklahoma 60.4%
Vermont 0.3%
New Hampshire 15.3%
Minnesota 130.5%
Mass 70.2%

Wonder what's going on in Virginia? They must be pissed.

Virginia had a lot of crossover voters, dems had a boner for Rubio and Trump for some reason :lol

rmt
03-05-2016, 07:45 PM
In a head to head (Trump vs Cruz), Trump's states are yet to vote. Cruz's bible belt is almost done.

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Cruz is a terrible candidate for a number of reasons, and him getting the nomination would be probably as damaging to the GOP as Trump... he's a spoiled brat that takes the ball home when he doesn't get his way. Basically, another authoritarian in that respect.

Him actually winning these states sucks, because even if he doesn't win the nomination, it empowers him to continue being a shitty Senator.

Cruz is an extremely intelligent man, and I think he'd run a much stronger campaign than trust fund Donald who would just be the same shouting asshole he has been in the primary season. He'll do like W and play the compassionate conservative role and talk a lot about Jesus, though he probably won't do it as well as Bush did since Bush was a likable person (albeit terrible leader).

rmt
03-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Rubio shouldn't have sunk to Trump's level with the personal attacks - looks like he's losing some of his conservatives to Cruz. He's getting killed in today's states.

rmt
03-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Cruz is an extremely intelligent man, and I think he'd run a much stronger campaign than trust fund Donald who would just be the same shouting asshole he has been in the primary season. He'll do like W and play the compassionate conservative role, though he probably won't do it as well as Bush did since Bush was a likable person (albeit terrible leader).

Cruz's personality just isn't likable. I don't see him doing better in a general election than Trump who might get some independents/disenfranchised democrats. Cruz has no hope at those - too hardline.

baseline bum
Trump up 5.5 points in Kentucky, though it's early as hell (9% in).

Mitch
Got to ask Reck if he thinks little Marco is finished :lol

Has there ever been a candidate who might put all their chips in a brokered convention like Rubio and Kasich?

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Cruz's personality just isn't likable. I don't see him doing better in a general election than Trump who might get some independents/disenfranchised democrats. Cruz has no hope at those - too hardline.

He is an extremely strong debater though, at least if the debate is above the level of talking about dick size.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 08:06 PM
He is an extremely strong debater though, at least if the debate is above the level of talking about dick size.

Not aggressive enough to take advantage of Hillary's closet skeletons, though. Cruz also has twisted the truth a lot with Trump in debates, Hilary would call him out instead of just calling him a liar :lol

Mitch
03-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Maine is really slow Cruz's lead has been shrinking there, wonder how it'll look with 20%+ reporting

rmt
03-05-2016, 08:11 PM

Trump is socially liberal - not so hardline on abortion, Planned Parenthood, gay marriage, etc. as Cruz. To me, Trump has done well in the debates considering both Cruz and Rubio (very good debaters) are after him. How do you think Hillary would do in a debate vs Trump? I just can't imagine what it'd be like - she's not faced the kind of hostility going on on the repub side.

rmt
03-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Not aggressive enough to take advantage of Hillary's closet skeletons, though. Cruz also has twisted the truth a lot with Trump in debates, Hilary would call him out instead of just calling him a liar :lol

That's gonna be all on the table with Trump.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 08:16 PM

Pretty much, Trump will avoid any and all policy talk - the debates will be pretty fucking entertaining :lol

djohn2oo8
03-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Hillary and Bill will play just as dirty

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 08:18 PM
How do you think Hillary would do in a debate vs Trump? I just can't imagine what it'd be like - she's not faced the kind of hostility going on on the repub side.

I don't know, they're pretty similar people. Both textbook politicians, very skilled lawyers, and can't trust a thing that comes out of either's mouth. If either had the charisma of Bill this election would be long over already.

ElNono
03-05-2016, 08:20 PM

He has zero style points though... which really, is all that matter in the dog and pony show that's TV debates. His gnome voice probably turns off 20% of the electorate as it is...

rmt
03-05-2016, 08:24 PM
I don't know, they're pretty similar people. Both textbook politicians, very skilled lawyers, and can't trust a thing that comes out of either's mouth. If either had the charisma of Bill this election would be long over already.

What? Trump isn't a lawyer or textbook politician. Do you mean Cruz? Trump's got charisma.

Reck
03-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Got to ask Reck (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14412) if he thinks little Marco is finished :lol

Has there ever been a candidate who might put all their chips in a brokered convention like Rubio and Kasich?

He's pretty much done in a race like this. He has no legit shot.

But Cruz is actually doing him a favor by closing the gap on Trump. Republicans dont like Cruz either so if this goes to a brokered convention, both of them will get the stick up.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 08:26 PM
He's pretty much done in a race like this. He has no legit shot.

But Cruz is actually doing him a favor by closing the gap on Trump. Republicans dont like Cruz either so if this goes to a brokered convention, both of them will get the stick up.

It would be pretty dumb to shove rubio down out throats (:lol), republican voters will abstain or vote for status quo hillary.

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 08:28 PM
What? Trump isn't a lawyer or textbook politician. Do you mean Cruz? Trump's got charisma.

Cruz

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 08:29 PM
He has zero style points though... which really, is all that matter in the dog and pony show that's TV debates. His gnome voice probably turns off 20% of the electorate as it is...

That's true, but it's not like Hillary's double chin and crazy old lady makeup are going to win her any style points either.

Reck
03-05-2016, 08:29 PM
I did not exptect Trump to be losing this badly tonight. :lol

Romnney's speech actually worked.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 08:30 PM
Bernie winning Kansas, I wonder if he sees the irony in losing to Hillary in the primaries but having a much better chance against the GOP in general :lol

Reck
03-05-2016, 08:35 PM
My democrat prediction was right on cue.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 08:35 PM
I did not exptect Trump to be losing this badly tonight. :lol

Romnney's speech actually worked.

Romney didn't do anything imo, I think the Kansas polls were misleading and nobody really had anything to go by for Maine. You can't really give that guy credit for turning +6 Trump to +25 Cruz :lol

This is a loss for everybody but Rubio since his only chance is a brokered convention and Cruz should have won Kentucky being part of his bible belt strategy.

rmt
03-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Cruz probably got Carson's votes too.

Reck
03-05-2016, 08:38 PM
Bernie winning Kansas, I wonder if he sees the irony in losing to Hillary in the primaries but having a much better chance against the GOP in general :lol

He will get wax in the next super Tuesday.

He will lose, Florida, Ohio, North Carolina. Pretty much all of them. I dont see where he wins any of them states.

Florida and Ohio are swing states as well.

Reck
03-05-2016, 08:42 PM
Romney didn't do anything imo, I think the Kansas polls were misleading and nobody really had anything to go by for Maine. You can't really give that guy credit for turning +6 Trump to +25 Cruz :lol

This is a loss for everybody but Rubio since his only chance is a brokered convention and Cruz should have won Kentucky being part of his bible belt strategy.

Weren't Carson voters supposed to go to Trump though? That didn't work out it seems.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Weren't Carson voters supposed to go to Trump though? That didn't work out it seems.

Consensus was they were going to be split since Trump and Cruz seem to get most of the evangelicals, we need a bigger sample size to see what the effect was.

rmt
03-05-2016, 08:44 PM

No, Carson voters are evangelical Christians - to Cruz.

Reck
03-05-2016, 08:47 PM
How is Jeb getting votes in Maine? :lmao

Reck
03-05-2016, 08:49 PM
Trump didn't win shit tonight. :lmao

hater (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7609) where you at?

Mitch
03-05-2016, 08:50 PM

Trump should win Kentucky and these aren't win them all states :lol

Settle down, Reck :lmao

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 08:50 PM

He has an almost 13 point lead in Kentucky and I'd be shocked if he didn't win Louisiana.

DMX7
03-05-2016, 08:51 PM
LOL, Rubio lost to Kasich in Maine.

Reck
03-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Trump should win Kentucky and these aren't win them all states :lol

Settle down, Reck :lmao

All he does is win though. NOT

:lmao

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 08:56 PM
Cruz takes Maine, I think that's a winner take all state.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 08:58 PM
All he does is win though. NOT

:lol He'll walk away with 15 or so less votes tonight than Cruz, will still be up by around 80 overall

Mitch
03-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Cruz takes Maine, I think that's a winner take all state.

Only if you take 50% + 1, which Cruz didn't

Reck
03-05-2016, 08:59 PM
:lol He'll walk away with 15 or so less votes tonight than Cruz, will still be up by around 80 overall

I thought you were watching for the lulz. You're showing heavy bias. :lol

ElNono
03-05-2016, 08:59 PM
That's true, but it's not like Hillary's double chin and crazy old lady makeup are going to win her any style points either.

Hillary will put out a couple of photoshopped pics of her with black ladies and latinos though... seems to be working for her against Bernie...

Mitch
03-05-2016, 09:01 PM
I thought you were watching for the lulz. You're showing heavy bias. :lol

Better Trump does, more entertaining it gets tbh

You're overreacting tho :lol

Reck
03-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Hillary needs Louisina now badly. If she does she can make up the delegates from Kansas and Nebraska.

Reck
03-05-2016, 09:14 PM
My calculations have told me Hillary will get her ass beat tonight.

She will lose 2 out of 3. Kansas and Nebraska.

She will get Louisiana

Damn son you're good.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Trump walking away 2/4, I think he will have a few more delegates but he failed the hype train.

Brokered convention unless he begins to perform on par

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 09:17 PM
First results have Trump dominating Louisiana, exactly as I figured.

Reck
03-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Trump walking away 2/4, I think he will have a few more delegates but he failed the hype train.

Brokered convention unless he begins to perform on par

What's left on the table for the GOP?

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 09:18 PM
With 7% reporting in La

48 Trump
23 Cruz
19 Little Marco

Reck
03-05-2016, 09:20 PM
With 7% reporting in La

48 Trump
23 Cruz
19 Little Marco

I wouldn't call Kentucky for Trump just yet. More than half the votes are left to go and Trump is only ahead by a couple of thousand votes.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 09:22 PM
What's left on the table for the GOP?

Only thing is on the table for the GOP is slowing Trump down and getting to that brokered convention, tbh.

Hilary probably flicking her bead at the thought of the GOP letting themselves get destroyed if that happens :lol

Mitch
03-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Lousiana is different compared to other SEC states where the majority of blacks live in the major cities like New Orleans and Baton Rouge, and it's a majority Catholic state who tend to vote differently than Baptists. Also, Cruz did very well in neighboring states like Texas and Arkansas so I expect him to do well in this state. I would be somewhat surprised if Trump wins big. Alot of the conservatives I've talked to here in this state support Cruz much more compare to Trump.

Looks like he's schlonging pretty damn hard in your house, tbh :lol

Reck
03-05-2016, 09:28 PM

You're shameless man. :lol

Mitch
03-05-2016, 09:30 PM
You're shameless man. :lol

He's almost at 50%, reck. Not sure if the 50% + 1 rule applies, but if it does then it's a game changer :lol

Reck
03-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Fox already projected Trump the winner in Lousiana.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Trump slipping in Kentucky a little, well have to see what Jefferson county looks like

Reck
03-05-2016, 09:43 PM
Fox already projected Trump the winner in Lousiana.

CNN behind Faux news. :lol

Mitch
03-05-2016, 09:45 PM
CNN behind Faux news. :lol

:lol They're both way behind

http://www.decisiondeskhq.com/march-5th-gop/

Maine and Louisiana were called an hour before the news channels here. They somehow got Maine's numbers way before Fox & CNN

boutons_deux
03-05-2016, 09:49 PM
First results have Trump dominating Louisiana, exactly as I figured.

LA voted the Macaca for gov TWICE, so we know LA is easily suckered by rightwingnut ideological bullshit.

Reck
03-05-2016, 09:49 PM
:lol They're both way behind

http://www.decisiondeskhq.com/march-5th-gop/

Maine and Louisiana were called an hour before the news channels here. They somehow got Maine's numbers way before Fox & CNN

Good find. I'll keep that page for future use.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 09:57 PM
:lol CNN is a joke, just said Ted Cruz won Nebraska

These guys have no idea wtf is going on

Reck
03-05-2016, 09:59 PM

On that site you posted it says:

All Others

1.7%

That's for Kentucky.

Who the fuck is all others? That's a lot of votes going to no one.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 10:01 PM
On that site you posted it says:

All Others

1.7%

That's for Kentucky.

Who the fuck is all others? That's a lot of votes going to no one.

Redneck farmers probably still think Jeb! or Carson are still in the race :lol

Mitch
03-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Once we get Jefferson county, they should be able to call it if Trump still has like 8% advantage

Pelicans78
03-05-2016, 10:13 PM

Less than 10% lead, but the people I talked to are educated people with good jobs. Not the Trump types.

Pelicans78
03-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Trump's lead is also shrinking in Kentucky.

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 10:14 PM

Pelicans78
03-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Trump's margin is only 6% in Louisiana right now.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Less than 10% lead, but the people I talked to are educated people with good jobs. Not the Trump types.

Trump was getting the most college educated people before Super Tuesday, don't think your take holds true tbh

Pelicans78
03-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Trump was getting the most college educated people before Super Tuesday, don't think your take holds true tbh

No he's been winning the non-college educated people which is why he's winning the SEC states.

Reck
03-05-2016, 10:23 PM
No he's been winning the non-college educated people which is why he's winning the SEC states.

Yeah I dont know what Mitch is on about.

It's been well documented he's attracting the rednecks and hicks, low information voters.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 10:24 PM

Yes, he is winning the non-college educated.

That doesn't mean he's losing the college educated, he was about 5% ahead of the pack with the college educated.

Pelicans78
03-05-2016, 10:24 PM
The best part about tonight is the neo-cons last hope is getting his ass kicked. Poor little Marco. This could finally be the end of the neo-con movement. I'm ok with Trump or Cruz over the neo-cons who ruined this country for 8 years.

Pelicans78
03-05-2016, 10:25 PM
Trump's winning margin in LA is now 4.5%

pgardn
03-05-2016, 10:27 PM
The best part about tonight is the neo-cons last hope is getting his ass kicked. Poor little Marco. This could finally be the end of the neo-con movement. I'm ok with Trump or Cruz over the neo-cons who ruined this country for 8 years.

Welcome Hillary then. You are handing another 4 years to what you don't want.

Trump... Cruz... No way they beat her.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Cruz looks like he win J county, I think that might give him Kentucky. Stats are all over the place though, some sites called it for Trump - it's a mess out there :lol

rmt
03-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Trump's winning margin in LA is now 4.5%

I think you mean Kentucky. LA has already been called for Trump.

Pelicans78
03-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Welcome Hillary then. You are handing another 4 years to what you don't want.

Trump... Cruz... No way they beat her.

Please you're still overrating her. She has so much baggage and very unlikeable across the board outside of party leaders and minority voters. No guarantee that Sanders's supporters will vote for her.

Pelicans78
03-05-2016, 10:31 PM
I think you mean Kentucky. LA has already been called for Trump.

No I mean in LA. The margin is now only 4.5% even though the race has been called.

Pelicans78
03-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Trump barely won Jefferson county.

pgardn
03-05-2016, 10:34 PM
Please you're still overrating her. She has so much baggage and very unlikeable across the board outside of party leaders and minority voters. No guarantee that Sanders's supporters will vote for her.

Im not rating her.

Im rating the Republicans. Especially Trump.

Just hand it over GOP.

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 10:36 PM

What does Cruz offer over neocons besides more Jesus?

Reck
03-05-2016, 10:37 PM
Trump guy just said on CNN if Trump keeps his bandwagon going that he'll be OK. :lmao

Even his people calling out the idiot voters. :lol

Pelicans78
03-05-2016, 10:37 PM
Im not rating her.

Im rating the Republicans. Especially Trump.

Just hand it over GOP.

Rubio and Hillary wouldn't be all that different.

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 10:38 PM
No I mean in LA. The margin is now only 4.5% even though the race has been called.

Trump is in a lot of fucking trouble. Romney and McConnell ethered that nigga.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 10:39 PM
Trump guy just said on CNN if Trump keeps his bandwagon going that he'll be OK. :lmao

Even his people calling out the idiot voters. :lol

You think CNN is his people? :lol

C'mon, Reck, no media outlet likes Trump. The closest there is to pro-trump is pro-anything but hillary.

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 10:39 PM

With Hillary I'd be able to go to Cuba at least.

Pelicans78
03-05-2016, 10:40 PM
What does Cruz offer over neocons besides more Jesus?

He's way more of a libertarian. He's gotten a lot of Ron Paul supporters. He's not winning evangelicals all that well. He also wouldn't be so heavy handed in overseas wars or NSA policies.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Trump is pulling away in Louisiana, never have I seen somebody make a comeback like that though.

Reck
03-05-2016, 10:42 PM
You think CNN is his people? :lol

C'mon, Reck, no media outlet likes Trump. The closest there is to pro-trump is pro-anything but hillary.

They have a lot of Trump people on there. Like that Katrina wierdo that manages his campaign and the one crazy white dude.

Pelicans78
03-05-2016, 10:43 PM
I think Trump holds on in Kentucky.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 10:43 PM
They have a lot of Trump people on there. Like that Katrina wierdo that manages his campaign and the one crazy white dude.

They also seem to have a lot of anti-trump people, but they're the least anti-trump I guess.

pgardn
03-05-2016, 10:47 PM

Different from whom?
From each other, ok.

You were talking Trump and Cruz.

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 10:47 PM
He's way more of a libertarian. He's gotten a lot of Ron Paul supporters. He's not winning evangelicals all that well. He also wouldn't be so heavy handed in overseas wars or NSA policies.

Libertarian? :lmao What a crock of shit with how butthurt he is on gay marriage and how he wants Apple to crack that phone. Mr Carpet Bomb the middle east isn't heavy handed overseas?

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Cruz is a libertarian like WC is

Mitch
03-05-2016, 10:49 PM
Jeb's numbers haven't gone down much since dropping out :lmao

Fucking Louisiana 1% voting for him

Reck
03-05-2016, 11:00 PM
Ohhhh Trump makes a good point for once in his life about GOP making a run at a third party with another candidate.

Reck
03-05-2016, 11:05 PM
Then he undoes it by saying the only reason Bernie is rising was because he took a shot at Hillary. Self centered POS

Mitch
03-05-2016, 11:07 PM
Then he undoes it by saying the only reason Bernie is rising was because he took a shot at Hillary. Self centered POS

Make america whole again, Reck

Or is america in a hole?

ElNono
03-05-2016, 11:20 PM
POLITICO: Rubio trails by 5 in Florida poll conducted for anti-Trump group

MIAMI — Marco Rubio appears to be closing the gap with Donald Trump in Florida and trails the Republican frontrunner by just 5 percentage points, according to a new poll commissioned by a group that opposes the New York billionaire.

Trump’s 35-30 percent lead over Rubio in the poll, conducted by the Tarrance Group, stands in stark contrast to his large double-digit advantages in two other recent surveys, and more closely resembles a late February survey by Tel Opinion Research that showed Trump up by just 7 percentage points.

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/florida/2016/03/8592881/rubio-trails-5-florida-poll-conducted-anti-trump-group

https://i.warosu.org/data/sci/img/0069/37/1418481564351.jpg

Reck
03-05-2016, 11:22 PM
Make america whole again, Reck

Or is america in a hole?

Yeah man, that joke didn't work too well imo.

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 11:29 PM
hater man, what's up with your boy?

Pelicans78
03-05-2016, 11:29 PM
Apparently Cruz won the overall delegate tonight.

Reck
03-05-2016, 11:31 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/ipru2x.jpg

Basically Bernie didn't win shit tonight.

Delegates shake out 45 for Bernie and 51 for Hillary overall.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 11:34 PM
Yeah man, that joke didn't work too well imo.

Works better than Hilary's slogan :lol

USA is in debt, focus should be economy not happy feel good bullshit.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 11:35 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/ipru2x.jpg

Basically Bernie didn't win shit tonight.

Delegates shake out 45 for Bernie and 51 for Hillary overall.

Would be nice if every state was just winner takes all, tbh

Reck
03-05-2016, 11:36 PM
Works better than Hilary's slogan :lol

USA is in debt, focus should be economy not happy feel good bullshit.

So building walls that will cost billions of dollars and deporting millions upon millions of elligal immigrants is more cost effective? Hahaha

Or do you actually subscribe to the theory that he will make Mexico pay for it? :lol

Mitch
03-05-2016, 11:37 PM
POLITICO: Rubio trails by 5 in Florida poll conducted for anti-Trump group

MIAMI — Marco Rubio appears to be closing the gap with Donald Trump in Florida and trails the Republican frontrunner by just 5 percentage points, according to a new poll commissioned by a group that opposes the New York billionaire.

Trump’s 35-30 percent lead over Rubio in the poll, conducted by the Tarrance Group, stands in stark contrast to his large double-digit advantages in two other recent surveys, and more closely resembles a late February survey by Tel Opinion Research that showed Trump up by just 7 percentage points.

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/florida/2016/03/8592881/rubio-trails-5-florida-poll-conducted-anti-trump-group

https://i.warosu.org/data/sci/img/0069/37/1418481564351.jpg

according to a new poll (https://media.gractions.com/57C7B3422630ECF30F15C1141454F12E5FFFCA1A/21910bb9-1247-487e-9274-754f22edd3fc.pdf)commissioned by a group that opposes the New York billionaire

Mitch
03-05-2016, 11:37 PM
So building walls that will cost billions of dollars and deporting millions upon millions of elligal immigrants is more cost effective? Hahaha

Or do you actually subscribe to the theory that he will make Mexico pay for it? :lol

Just talking about the slogan, Reck.

Reck
03-05-2016, 11:38 PM
Would be nice if every state was just winner takes all, tbh

Agree with this.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 11:39 PM
Agree with this.

What you think about Kasich staying in, tbh? He's spending more than he's raising and he really only has two states ahead of him that he might win.

Reck
03-05-2016, 11:55 PM
What you think about Kasich staying in, tbh? He's spending more than he's raising and he really only has two states ahead of him that he might win.

He's fodder.

I really want him out already. The less people in, the more exposed Trump gets in the debates.

Mitch
03-05-2016, 11:56 PM
He's fodder.

I really want him out already. The less people in, the more exposed Trump gets in the debates.

This should be 1v1

Trump vs Jeb!

Best debate entertainment ever

baseline bum
03-05-2016, 11:57 PM

I really don't think it matters how many are in the race, as I don't see any way to stave off a brokered convention even if it was just Trump vs Cruz.

Mitch
03-06-2016, 12:04 AM
I really don't think it matters how many are in the race, as I don't see any way to stave off a brokered convention even if it was just Trump vs Cruz.

Kasich might win Ohio and start splitting votes with Trump, that's the biggest problem. A brokered convention is guaranteed in a 4m race at this point.

spurraider21
03-06-2016, 12:11 AM
Cruz is a libertarian like WC is
QFT

InRareForm
03-06-2016, 01:21 AM
kasich needs to drop out....

so does rubio...

we need to see one on one with cruz and trump

Mitch
03-06-2016, 01:31 AM
kasich needs to drop out....

so does rubio...

we need to see one on one with cruz and trump

No chance, those two are either severely delusional or in cahoots for a brokered convention. Rubio can win Florida, he'll still lose almost everywhere else and same for Kasich & Ohio

They want a brokered convention, no other explanation :lol

InRareForm
03-06-2016, 01:40 AM
yup.... Brokered convention and probably to be a mosquito to trump during the journey :lol

Aztecfan03
03-06-2016, 06:50 AM
In Kansas, Cruz, with 48% of the vote, had more votes than were cast in all of 2012's kansas caucus.

Pelicans78
03-06-2016, 08:09 AM
There were also three times more votes cast in Maine compared to 2012. Both Cruz and Trump are bringing in new voters.

boutons_deux
03-06-2016, 09:01 AM
In Kansas, Cruz, with 48% of the vote, had more votes than were cast in all of 2012's kansas caucus.

yep, but these and others newbies showing up are not the Repug voters, but are anti-Repug voters supporting a non-Repug protest candidate.

Will the Repug establishment get the message that even their red, slave, gerrymandered, voter-suppressed, Bible-humping states don't want any more of what the VRWC-tool Repugs been screwing them with for 40 years?

Hell no, the Repugs only read, hear messages (aka checks) from the donor class, are still planning to beat Trump with Rubio in a rigged convention with rules changed in the convention to select HATED Krazy Kruz (who will sign every piece of extreme shit passed by a Repug Congress) or slime-bag, incompetent, no-record Rubotio, so the Repug establishment can continue as "The Help" for the donor class.

DMX7
03-06-2016, 09:30 AM

It's not a theory, the they will pay it.

Mitch
03-06-2016, 03:33 PM
Your boy is about to win Puerto Rico, Reck

rmt
03-06-2016, 04:07 PM
yep, but these and others newbies showing up are not the Repug voters, but are anti-Repug voters supporting a non-Repug protest candidate.

Will the Repug establishment get the message that even their red, slave, gerrymandered, voter-suppressed, Bible-humping states don't want any more of what the VRWC-tool Repugs been screwing them with for 40 years?

Hell no, the Repugs only read, hear messages (aka checks) from the donor class, are still planning to beat Trump with Rubio in a rigged convention with rules changed in the convention to select HATED Krazy Kruz (who will sign every piece of extreme shit passed by a Repug Congress) or slime-bag, incompetent, no-record Rubotio, so the Repug establishment can continue as "The Help" for the donor class.

Yesterday's states were all closed - only registered republican voters.

Pelicans78
03-06-2016, 04:10 PM

These types of facts go against his agenda.

boutons_deux
03-06-2016, 04:13 PM

and Trump still carried the day, Repugs tired of being screwed. (Krazy Kruz is 150% establishment and would run the WH that way)

rmt
03-06-2016, 04:28 PM
and Trump still carried the day, Repugs tired of being screwed. (Krazy Kruz is 150% establishment and would run the WH that way)

Trump didn't carry the day. True, he won 2 states but by small margins. Cruz won 2 but by large margins and got more delegates than Trump. Cruz is not establishment. Don't know who the establishment would prefer - the devil you know or the unpredictable (and uncontrollable) Trump. I assume someone controls Cruz - his money must come from somewhere.

Pelicans78
03-06-2016, 04:54 PM

Um Cruz won the majority of delegates yesterday after winning Kansas and Maine easily. He's bringing a lot of Tea Party voters who are anti-establishment. And there's no way of knowing how anyone would run the White House until they got in office.

Pelicans78
03-06-2016, 04:56 PM
Trump didn't carry the day. True, he won 2 states but by small margins. Cruz won 2 but by large margins and got more delegates than Trump. Cruz is not establishment. Don't know who the establishment would prefer - the devil you know or the unpredictable (and uncontrollable) Trump. I assume someone controls Cruz - his money must come from somewhere.

He's an idiot too busy on his computer looking up anti-Republican articles 24/7.

Will Hunting
03-06-2016, 05:26 PM

:lol:lol:lol

Cruz received interest free loans from several big banks for his campaign and his wife was a fucking managing director at Goldman Sachs. He does a good job disguising himself by acting like an asshole but he's as establishment as it gets.

baseline bum
03-06-2016, 05:33 PM

Cruz received interest free loans from several big banks for his campaign and his wife was a fucking managing director at Goldman Sachs. He does a good job disguising himself by acting like an asshole but he's as establishment as it gets.

Cruz is about as textbook a politician as Cunton.

Will Hunting
03-06-2016, 05:37 PM

They're both examples of the 21st century American politician that represents no real ideals or beliefs, just wants to get elected, and will sell his/herself as much as he/she needs to.

baseline bum
03-06-2016, 05:41 PM
They're both examples of the 21st century American politician that represents no real ideals or beliefs, just wants to get elected, and will sell his/herself as much as he/she needs to.

You're selling them short, they're both oligarchs who con people into thinking they give a shit.

Will Hunting
03-06-2016, 05:49 PM
You're selling them short, they're both oligarchs who con people into thinking they give a shit.

Well that's implied, they both work for the same people.

baseline bum
03-06-2016, 05:58 PM
Well that's implied, they both work for the same people.

But they pretty much have the same belief and goal: more for their criminal friends, less for you.

Reck
03-06-2016, 07:20 PM
Your boy is about to win Puerto Rico, Reck (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14412)

You do know I'm a dem right? :lol

Reck
03-06-2016, 07:23 PM

They won't.

Them building it would be equal to the US responding to a terrorist demand. That will never happen.

Mitch
03-06-2016, 07:24 PM
You do know I'm Hillary ight? :lol

:lol so am I, but ill never vote in hillary

Reck
03-06-2016, 07:29 PM
:lol so am I, but ill never vote in hillary

So you would give it to Trump over her? Shame on you.

z0sa
03-06-2016, 07:43 PM

It is a sad day when Ted Cruz is not considered establishment.

Mitch
03-06-2016, 08:11 PM
So you would give it to Trump over her? Shame on you.

Yeah, I think she's the worst possible choice.

spurraider21
03-06-2016, 08:22 PM
:lmao ok

Reck
03-06-2016, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I think she's the worst possible choice.

We agree on a lot of things. Obviously not in this.

I just dont see your side. At worst, we get 4 more years of what we got now which would be stable when you compare to whatever Trump would do. We are likely to sink lower than we are to rise with him. That's a fact.

We all know Hillary at least won't sink us futher.

Reck
03-06-2016, 09:06 PM
The bern wins Maine.

Pelicans78
03-06-2016, 09:38 PM

I just dont see your side. At worst, we get 4 more years of what we got now which would be stable when you compare to whatever Trump would do. We are likely to sink lower than we are to rise with him. That's a fact.

How do you know that? She's liable to start more overseas war and tax the hell out of all of us to pay for it. You have no idea how someone will govern until they happen to govern and her past is shaky with foreign blunders.

Reck
03-06-2016, 09:42 PM
How do you know that? She's liable to start more overseas war and tax the hell out of all of us to pay for it. You have no idea how someone will govern until they happen to govern and her past is shaky with foreign blunders.

Because she's at least spoken about her policies? You are right. There are no certainties in how she will run the country but do you really think she'd do worst than Trump? It takes a really, really inept person to do worst than someone who has no political know how or even someone who hadn't been in politics his entire life.

Trump's getting into politics at age 70. LOL

Mitch
03-06-2016, 09:48 PM

Need a change, Reck. Trump might be fine and him winning might give us better candidates. I see anybody who doesn't help the political field evolve as a terrible candidate.

InRareForm
03-06-2016, 09:49 PM
Clinton sounds so fake lol

Pelicans78
03-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Because she's at least spoken about her policies? You are right. There are no certainties in how she will run the country but do you really think she'd do worst than Trump? It takes a really, really inept person to do worst than someone who has no political know how or even someone who hadn't been in politics his entire life.

Trump's getting into politics at age 70. LOL

Politics is not rocket science. Sure experience helps, but her experience hasn't helped her throughout her career. She was an abysmal Secretary of State. GW Bush had alot of experienced people around him and they all told him to invade Iraq and make up a connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda.

Hillary voted for that war as well. I don't think Trump would vote for a war like that.

If Trump has good smart people surrounding him, its not inconceivable for him to do a solid job. Sure its a risk, but there's not really an outstanding proven candidate out there. Your guy Rubio has proven to be a liar by promising his voters that he wouldn't support amnesty yet wants illegals to have a chance to get a citizenship. He's also proven to be a shill for big donors by reading whatever script they want him to read. Cruz has a set core of values, but is still a one term senator. Hillary is proven to be dishonest and war-mongerer. Bernie is a commie who's promising things that will never happen and hasn't really done anything note-worthy as his time as a senator outside of screwing up the VA.

Reck
03-06-2016, 09:53 PM
Politics is not rocket science. Sure experience helps, but her experience hasn't helped her throughout her career. She was an abysmal Secretary of State. GW Bush had alot of experienced people around him and they all told him to invade Iraq and make up a connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda.

Hillary voted for that war as well. I don't think Trump would vote for a war like that.

If Trump has good smart people surrounding him, its not inconceivable for him to do a solid job. Sure its a risk, but there's not really an outstanding proven candidate out there. Your guy Rubio has proven to be a liar by promising his voters that he wouldn't support amnesty yet wants illegals to have a chance to get a citizenship. He's also proven to be a shill for big donors by reading whatever script they want him to read. Cruz has a set core of values, but is still a one term senator. Hillary is proven to be dishonest and war-mongerer. Bernie is a commie who's promising things that will never happen and hasn't really done anything note-worthy as his time as a senator outside of screwing up the VA.

Fair points, Pel.

baseline bum
03-06-2016, 09:54 PM

Cruz seems too cuddly with Bibi, he seems like he'd fight a war in Iran and not pay for it like Bush did.

z0sa
03-06-2016, 09:59 PM

Lol no.

Pelicans78
03-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Cruz seems too cuddly with Bibi, he seems like he'd fight a war in Iran and not pay for it like Bush did.

Yeah, his promise to "tear up the Iranian deal" is a bad idea. The deal may not be perfect, but I think it's a good thing at this time and maybe in the long-term. Cruz promises to go by the constitution and so far he's been against a no fly zone in Syria and putting troops on the ground. Right now, putting troops against Assad is basically declaring war against Iran since Iran is actively helping Assad by fighting ISIS. What's going in Syria is a part of the proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia. Iran supports Assad and Hezbollah like the Russians do while the Saudis support the Sunni fighters including ISIS in Syria and Iraq.

Reck
03-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Lol no.

Try to be more substantive.

baseline bum
03-06-2016, 10:03 PM
Yeah, his promise to "tear up the Iranian deal" is a bad idea. The deal may not be perfect, but I think it's a good thing at this time and maybe in the long-term. Cruz promises to go by the constitution and so far he's been against a no fly zone in Syria and putting troops on the ground. Right now, putting troops against Assad is basically declaring war against Iran since Iran is actively helping Assad by fighting ISIS. What's going in Syria is a part of the proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia. Iran supports Assad and Hezbollah like the Russians do while the Saudis support the Sunni fighters including ISIS in Syria and Iraq.

Sounds like we're boned either way. Like Bobby Knight says, if rape is inevitable might as well sit back and enjoy it.

Reck
03-06-2016, 10:05 PM
Sounds like we're boned either way. Like Bobby Knight says, if rape is inevitable might as well sit back and enjoy it.

Is that what Avante's young victims say to him in Olongapo? :lol

baseline bum
03-06-2016, 10:07 PM

Bill was a pretty disastrous president considering he took down all the banking regulations FDR put in place and everyone smiled and didn't care because the tech boom was masking all the problems being created. I'm pretty confident anyone but Bernie would be a worse president than Obama, and Obama was shit. I say this under the asterisk that Bernie would have no chance to get his agenda through congress.

baseline bum
03-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Is that what Avante's young victims say to him in Olongapo? :lol

That's all this forum needs, old faggot to come in here and defend his child raping honor.

Pelicans78
03-06-2016, 10:14 PM
That's all this forum needs, old faggot to come in here and defend his child raping honor.

Listen, I was a sailor and these were young girls..........

z0sa
03-06-2016, 10:17 PM

Everything you said is biased and not realistic.

baseline bum
03-06-2016, 10:23 PM
Listen, I was a sailor and these were young girls..........

Everyone else did it. A bar full of little girls and you're a serviceman in a strange land. You're gonna stay on the ship and not go out and then you're going to get up and leave the table in the middle of the smile game for anything other than barfining the girl?

Reck
03-06-2016, 10:31 PM
Everything you said is biased and not realistic.

How so?

I will vote for either Bernie or Hillary. Trump is not an option for me.

I'm just operating under the assumptions Hillary gets the nomination. If Bernie does get it, however he gets my vote and I'm good either way.

spurraider21
03-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Bill was a pretty disastrous president considering he took down all the banking regulations FDR put in place and everyone smiled and didn't care because the tech boom was masking all the problems being created. I'm pretty confident anyone but Bernie would be a worse president than Obama, and Obama was shit. I say this under the asterisk that Bernie would have no chance to get his agenda through congress.
not to mention Bill's administration enabled the subprime mortgage boom which ended up crashing the economy. granted, dubya kept riding the wave instead of putting an end to it, but it started back in the 90s

ElNono
03-06-2016, 11:16 PM
That tech bubble was glorious though...

z0sa
03-06-2016, 11:56 PM
How so?

I will vote for either Bernie or Hillary. Trump is not an option for me.

I'm just operating under the assumptions Hillary gets the nomination. If Bernie does get it, however he gets my vote and I'm good either way.

The reality is, politially speaking, Trump is considerably more moderate than most Republicans want to believe. He has riled up the base he needs to grab the nominat8on, but once it shfts the general and or he attains president elect status, both his past and present comments, especially concerning war, put him to the LEFT of Hillary.

Dont vote for Hillary. Throw away your vote rather than vote for her. Because she is not just a puppet, shes the type who really believes sues thinking for herself. Just look at tonights more ethical questions asked of her, like the prayer one. It is like a bad sitcom every time she speaks of her own beliefs and values. Remember how in one debate too, she said she wanted to teach the refugee children coming over the border illegally a lesson? Thats the type of person she is. Ruthless, not so cunning as she would have you believe.

baseline bum
03-07-2016, 12:57 AM
The reality is, politially speaking, Trump is considerably more moderate than most Republicans want to believe. He has riled up the base he needs to grab the nominat8on, but once it shfts the general and or he attains president elect status, both his past and present comments, especially concerning war, put him to the LEFT of Hillary.

Dont vote for Hillary. Throw away your vote rather than vote for her. Because she is not just a puppet, shes the type who really believes sues thinking for herself. Just look at tonights more ethical questions asked of her, like the prayer one. It is like a bad sitcom every time she speaks of her own beliefs and values. Remember how in one debate too, she said she wanted to teach the refugee children coming over the border illegally a lesson? Thats the type of person she is. Ruthless, not so cunning as she would have you believe.

Hillary is awful, but a Republican president legitimizing the teabagger house is a lot worse. I would never vote for her if it wasn't for the stranglehold those nutcases have on the house right now, but it is what it is.

spurraider21
03-07-2016, 01:20 AM
in tonights debate, i thought it was pretty funny when they brought up how racial relations are worse now than they've been in a decade. i just think its pretty ironic that they pin racial issues on republicans but look who's presided over "the worst period of racial relations" in a long time

z0sa
03-07-2016, 01:23 AM
Hillary is awful, but a Republican president legitimizing the teabagger house is a lot worse. I would never vote for her if it wasn't for the stranglehold those nutcases have on the house right now, but it is what it is.

I really did some soul searching before I chose Trump as my Bernie backup. I think hes a nutcase but so is Hillary. Whether the feminists like or not as well, shes a woman. No one knows how that will play out on the world stage. For all her feminazi pride comments, shes never been forced to addr3ss the issue that most of the world does not show women respect like America does. And technically, were not even that great at it.

Drachen
03-07-2016, 01:30 AM
not to mention Bill's administration enabled the subprime mortgage boom which ended up crashing the economy. granted, dubya kept riding the wave instead of putting an end to it, but it started back in the 90s

CDOs and other derivative instruments crashed the economy, the actual mortgage losses were small potatoes compared to the shit that the financial industry was making up

Reck
03-07-2016, 01:31 AM

That's a good point.

If you thought the repugs were insufferable now, just elect a republican as president and find out. :lol

z0sa
03-07-2016, 01:36 AM
in tonights debate, i thought it was pretty funny when they brought up how racial relations are worse now than they've been in a decade. i just think its pretty ironic that they pin racial issues on republicans but look who's presided over "the worst period of racial relations" in a long time

Truth as well. Ppl are appalled Bernie said his presidency would have better race relatios, but thats a superficial emotional reaction considering the facts. Obama has been more of a divider than uniter. Why is a great great question I cant answer, but it is essentially a fact at this point.

baseline bum
03-07-2016, 01:44 AM
Truth as well. Ppl are appalled Bernie said his presidency would have better race relatios, but thats a superficial emotional reaction considering the facts. Obama has been more of a divider than uniter. Why is a great great question I cant answer, but it is essentially a fact at this point.

Because lots of the right went nuts with a ###### in the white house. You can't be any more transparent than the birther crap was.

baseline bum
03-07-2016, 01:47 AM

You can't be serious. Birtherism was mainstream right wing. I remember hearing Limbaugh going birther when I turned him on one time on a long drive through New Mexico since nothing but AM was easy to pick up.

spurraider21
03-07-2016, 02:11 AM
You can't be serious. Birtherism was mainstream right wing. I remember hearing Limbaugh going birther when I turned him on one time on a long drive through New Mexico since nothing but AM was easy to pick up.
this is what i was referring to, tbh. the birther thing isn't why racial tensions are high right now

boutons_deux
03-07-2016, 05:41 AM
"We all know Hillary at least won't sink us futher."

bullshit.

As a hardcore neocon (and dreaming of all those $250K speeches to MIC, and MIC giving her foundation $100Ms), she won't put any brakes on MIC predatory, self-enriching adventurism.

And just like Slick Willy, she will sign all kinds of Repug shit bills into law that will screw America and Americans even harder.

Reck
03-07-2016, 08:39 AM
Hey Mitch Trump is only 85 delegates up on Cruz. Brokered convention is happening my nigga. :lol

baseline bum
03-07-2016, 09:26 AM
this is what i was referring to, tbh. the birther thing isn't why racial tensions are high right now

It's exactly why racial tensions are high right now. Right wing racists are mad as hell a black is leading the free world instead of picking cotton.

Th'Pusher
03-07-2016, 09:46 AM
It's exactly why racial tensions are high right now. Right wing racists are mad as hell a black is leading the free world instead of picking cotton.

Don't be ridiculous. Barry saying that Treyvon could be his son is the reason racial tensions are so high right now.

tlongII
03-07-2016, 10:10 AM

No, that's not a fact. Where do you people come up with this shit?

Splits
03-07-2016, 10:25 AM
No, that's not a fact. Where do you people come up with this shit?

The same place where you think Kansas is doing just swimmingly.

What are your thoughts on Jindal's massive tax cuts to the rich in Louisiana?

Aztecfan03
03-07-2016, 10:57 AM
Your guy Rubio has proven to be a liar by promising his voters that he wouldn't support amnesty yet wants illegals to have a chance to get a citizenship.

Trump is a liar about a whole lot more than that and including this very thing.

Aztecfan03
03-07-2016, 11:04 AM
I really did some soul searching before I chose Trump as my Bernie backup. I think hes a nutcase but so is Hillary. Whether the feminists like or not as well, shes a woman. No one knows how that will play out on the world stage. For all her feminazi pride comments, shes never been forced to addr3ss the issue that most of the world does not show women respect like America does. And technically, were not even that great at it.

Other countries hae had women chancellor's, prime ministers, presidents who have done fine. I don't think that aspect will be a problem.

Aztecfan03
03-07-2016, 11:07 AM
Because lots of the right went nuts with a ###### in the white house. You can't be any more transparent than the birther crap was.
No it's because Obama has chosen to publicly support black people who died at the hands of cops even when it was the black person's fault.

Oh and any criticism of Obama is met with "RACIST!!!!"

baseline bum
03-07-2016, 11:21 AM
No it's because Obama has chosen to publicly support black people who died at the hands of cops even when it was the black person's fault.

All that birther crap started way before Trayvon. What else but racism was that? Clue me in.

Aztecfan03
03-07-2016, 11:23 AM
All that birther crap started way before Trayvon. What else but racism was that? Clue me in.
Yeah. And is started with Hillary Clinton's campaign. Still wasn't racism, but dislike of the guy.

baseline bum
03-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Yeah. And is started with Hillary Clinton's campaign. Still wasn't racism, but dislike of the guy.

LOL that kenyan socialist conspiracy theory the right wing media spouted wasn't racism.

spurraider21
03-07-2016, 11:35 AM
its not about trayvon :lol... its that any time there's an issue he addresses he makes sure to draw dividing lines

Spurminator
03-07-2016, 11:46 AM
Obama hasn't been a divider on race.

White conservatives have chosen to take their cues from talking heads and get COMPLETELY butthurt over benign (and reasonable) statements like "he could have been my son" and the beer summit, etc, so the "divisiveness" is on them.

Its like they've been desperate to interpret every statement on race as an attack on white people. Considering how much these people hate the Sharptons and Jacksons of the world, it's pretty ironic.

Winehole23
03-07-2016, 11:55 AM
any position taken by politicians on matters of public controversy cause division, as do any policies taken.

singling out Obama for causing division by doing what all politicians do (and inevitably must do) -- speak out and make policy -- is puffery.

Winehole23
03-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Its like they've been desperate to interpret every statement on race as an attack on white people.white supremacy has a guilty conscience ... for which it blames the victims.

Aztecfan03
03-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Obama hasn't been a divider on race.

White conservatives have chosen to take their cues from talking heads and get COMPLETELY butthurt over benign (and reasonable) statements like "he could have been my son" and the beer summit, etc, so the "divisiveness" is on them.

Its like they've been desperate to interpret every statement on race as an attack on white people. Considering how much these people hate the Sharptons and Jacksons of the world, it's pretty ironic.
Why doesn't he hold those press conferences for anyone but black kids?

ChumpDumper
03-07-2016, 12:06 PM
I really did some soul searching before I chose Trump as my Bernie backup. I think hes a nutcase but so is Hillary. Whether the feminists like or not as well, shes a woman. No one knows how that will play out on the world stage. For all her feminazi pride comments, shes never been forced to addr3ss the issue that most of the world does not show women respect like America does. And technically, were not even that great at it.So you're discriminating against a woman because you think other people might be prejudiced against a woman.

Nice.

Why doesn't he hold those press conferences for anyone but black kids?When a bunch of white kids were killed in school, he held a press conference.

DIVISIVE!

Aztecfan03
03-07-2016, 12:19 PM
So you're discriminating against a woman because you think other people might be prejudiced against a woman.

Nice.

When a bunch of white kids were killed in school, he held a press conference.

DIVISIVE!

Yeah, he did that for all or most shooting sprees. Never had press conference for a single cop or white kid that was murdered though.

Aztecfan03
03-07-2016, 12:20 PM
Oh and meeting with deray, one of the worst instigators, at least acouple times.

ChumpDumper
03-07-2016, 12:23 PM
Yeah, he did that for all or most shooting sprees. Never had press conference for a single cop or white kid that was murdered though.Well, the whites don't riot when that happens if you want to be paternal about it -- and I think you might.

Also the proportion of blacks getting killed by cops sure seems out of whack, which could lead to the above mentioned unrest.

Of course, whites really have it rough these days. I can't believe we have survived this long in Obama's America.

Spurminator
03-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Why doesn't he hold those press conferences for anyone but black kids?

Yeah, he did that for all or most shooting sprees. Never had press conference for a single cop or white kid that was murdered though.

Which high-profile single-white-kid murder should have been addressed and what should the President have said about it?

rmt
03-07-2016, 12:47 PM

Like when he sends two representatives to Michael Brown's funeral (in his support) before he knows the FACTS of the case. LOL - at Lebron and the Cavs running out of the tunnel with hands up. Hands up, don't shoot - LOL.

Mitch
03-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Hey Mitch (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=36270) Trump is only 85 delegates up on Cruz. Brokered convention is happening my nigga. :lol

Brokered convention is guaranteed if polls continue to be wrong by 20%+ tbh

This site points to Trump being on track, but his expected delegate jump is coming up - he needs to basically sweep. The only question mark should be Ohio, but can't trust polling anymore

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/delegate-targets/

Winehole23
03-07-2016, 01:13 PM
Michael Brown wasn't an apt poster boy, but social resentment over predatory policing didn't start with his death.

The Ferguson PD deserves the flames for financializing its law and order mission and targeting poor black citizens for decades.

When the police visit injustice on the public with impunity and regularity, the public may tend to judge them unfairly for actions that are reasonable and justifiable.

Winehole23
03-07-2016, 01:14 PM
beef was legit, the instance probably wasn't.

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-07-2016, 01:21 PM
How you can be a divider on race relations when you have a congress who openly says they will not work with you basically because of your color. Some true dumbasses in this thread.

Th'Pusher
03-07-2016, 01:25 PM
How you can be a divider on race relations when you have a congress who openly says they will not work with you basically because of your color.

Whoa. When did that happen?

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-07-2016, 01:28 PM
Whoa. When did that happen?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/when-did-mcconnell-say-he-wanted-to-make-obama-a-one-term-president/2012/09/24/79fd5cd8-0696-11e2-afff-d6c7f20a83bf_blog.html

"We are going to make him a one term President".

They couldnt and still cant deal with the fact their boss is a negro.

Th'Pusher
03-07-2016, 01:37 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/when-did-mcconnell-say-he-wanted-to-make-obama-a-one-term-president/2012/09/24/79fd5cd8-0696-11e2-afff-d6c7f20a83bf_blog.html

"We are going to make him a one term President".

They couldnt and still cant deal with the fact their boss is a negro.

That says nothing about the color of his skin. I'm not aware of anyone in congress who has openly said they're not working with him because of the fact that he's black. Although there are probably some reps from down south that could openly say it without any repercussions.

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-07-2016, 01:39 PM
That says nothing about the color of his skin. I'm not aware of anyone in congress who has openly said they're not working with him because of the fact that he's black. Although there are probably some reps from down south that could openly say it without any repercussions.

Read between the lines. If my goal is to get you fired from day one, there is an underlying agenda beyond politics.

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-07-2016, 01:41 PM
This whole supreme court thing is another example. But the real divider is the one with the Klan showing up at his rallies because of the birther movement. Voting No on every single thing Obama proposes, is pretty unprecedented. What other President has had to face that level of opposition? They are getting what they deserve with Trump.

DarrinS
03-07-2016, 01:47 PM
This whole supreme court thing is another example. But the real divider is the one with the Klan showing up at his rallies because of the birther movement. Voting No on every single thing Obama proposes, is pretty unprecedented. What other President has had to face that level of opposition? They are getting what they deserve with Trump.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/10/unprecedented-congressional-obstructionism-is-actually-quite-precedented/246513/

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-07-2016, 02:00 PM
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/10/unprecedented-congressional-obstructionism-is-actually-quite-precedented/246513/

And then came Barack Obama. Once more delays spiked. Even after the rules were changed, delays have stayed high, averaging about 80 days. This is far higher than it was under Bush or Clinton.*Bernstein comments:

I believe that Senate rules requiring super-majority cloture for judicial nominations are an excellent idea, provided the minority observes the Senate norm of using filibusters rarely. Unfortunately, Republicans simply haven’t abided by longstanding Senate norms. After Obama's election,*they suddenly insisted that every nomination required 60 votes*— an unprecedented hurdle.*They blockaded multiple nominations to the DC Circuit Court. They have, before and after filibuster reform, used Senate rules to delay even nominations that they have intended ultimately to support. Since reform, they have imposed the maximum delay on every single judicial nominee.

Ideally, I'd like to see a compromise that restores the minority's ability to block selected judicial nominees.*But right now, the more pressing concern is that if Republicans win a Senate majority in November, they may simply shut down all nominations for two full years.*That would be absolutely outrageous. Yet it seems entirely plausible.

That final comment is what makes these numbers even more outrageous. It's fairly normal for a minority party to start delaying nominees in the final year or two of an administration. Obviously they're hoping to win the presidency soon and they want to leave as many seats open as possible for their guy to fill. This tends to inflate the average numbers for an administration.

But that hasn't happened yet for Obama. His numbers*for his first five years*are far, far higher than Bush's even though Bush's are inflated by delays during his final year in office. It's just another example of the fact that, no, both parties aren't equally at fault for the current level of government dysfunction. Republicans greeted Obama's inauguration with an active plan of maximal obstruction of everything he did, regardless of what it was or how necessary it might be in the face of an epic economic collapse. No other party in recent history has done that. It's a new thing under the sun.

DarrinS
03-07-2016, 02:01 PM
And then came Barack Obama. Once more delays spiked. Even after the rules were changed, delays have stayed high, averaging about 80 days. This is far higher than it was under Bush or Clinton.*Bernstein comments:

I believe that Senate rules requiring super-majority cloture for judicial nominations are an excellent idea, provided the minority observes the Senate norm of using filibusters rarely. Unfortunately, Republicans simply haven’t abided by longstanding Senate norms. After Obama's election,*they suddenly insisted that every nomination required 60 votes*— an unprecedented hurdle.*They blockaded multiple nominations to the DC Circuit Court. They have, before and after filibuster reform, used Senate rules to delay even nominations that they have intended ultimately to support. Since reform, they have imposed the maximum delay on every single judicial nominee.

Ideally, I'd like to see a compromise that restores the minority's ability to block selected judicial nominees.*But right now, the more pressing concern is that if Republicans win a Senate majority in November, they may simply shut down all nominations for two full years.*That would be absolutely outrageous. Yet it seems entirely plausible.

That final comment is what makes these numbers even more outrageous. It's fairly normal for a minority party to start delaying nominees in the final year or two of an administration. Obviously they're hoping to win the presidency soon and they want to leave as many seats open as possible for their guy to fill. This tends to inflate the average numbers for an administration.

But that hasn't happened yet for Obama. His numbers*for his first five years*are far, far higher than Bush's even though Bush's are inflated by delays during his final year in office. It's just another example of the fact that, no, both parties aren't equally at fault for the current level of government dysfunction. Republicans greeted Obama's inauguration with an active plan of maximal obstruction of everything he did, regardless of what it was or how necessary it might be in the face of an epic economic collapse. No other party in recent history has done that. It's a new thing under the sun.

didn't read

Not unprecedented, tbh

Aztecfan03
03-07-2016, 02:03 PM
How you can be a divider on race relations when you have a congress who openly says they will not work with you basically because of your color. Some true dumbasses in this thread.

You are making shit up.

rmt
03-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Read between the lines. If my goal is to get you fired from day one, there is an underlying agenda beyond politics.

"Read between the lines" is not equal to "openly says they will not work with you basically because of your color." Please show where any current elected politician has said this - that's political and social suicide.

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-07-2016, 02:04 PM
didn't read

Not unprecedented, tbh
Of course you didnt read, because it says this level of obstuctionism IS unprecedented. :lol

Aztecfan03
03-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Which high-profile single-white-kid murder should have been addressed and what should the President have said about it?

THey aren't high profile because no one made them high profile. And what about all the murdered cops?

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-07-2016, 02:06 PM
"Read between the lines" is not equal to "openly says they will not work with you basically because of your color." Please show where any current elected politician has said this - that's political and social suicide.

Oh yes it is. If your top priority as congress is to make the President a one term president instead of passing legislation from the day he is inaugurated, thats pretty fucking clear why they said it.

Trill Clinton
03-07-2016, 02:26 PM
THey aren't high profile because no one made them high profile. And what about all the murdered cops?

what about em?

Spurminator
03-07-2016, 02:40 PM
THey aren't high profile because no one made them high profile.

The President isn't in charge of deciding which deaths are high profile. When he makes remarks on a death/murder, it's because it's already gained significant national attention and merits and address.

Sounds like your beef is with the media.

And what about all the murdered cops?

And it also sounds like you've been getting your talking points from news pundits like I said earlier. As it's been pointed out exhaustively in this forum, the rate of cop murders has not gone up in the last few years. What do you want him to comment on?

ChumpDumper
03-07-2016, 03:10 PM
THey aren't high profile because no one made them high profile.If only white people had a voice in this society!
And what about all the murdered cops?Each death is tragic, but overall, being a cop is safer than it has been in decades. Apparently that news was not high profile enough for you to have seen.

tlongII
03-07-2016, 03:29 PM
The same place where you think Kansas is doing just swimmingly.

What are your thoughts on Jindal's massive tax cuts to the rich in Louisiana?

Kansas would most likely be worse off without the tax cuts.

Splits
03-07-2016, 03:37 PM

And Dorothy would most likely be in Oregon without the magic shoes.

Idiot.

ChumpDumper
03-07-2016, 03:39 PM
Kansas would most likely be worse off without the tax cuts.In what way?

spurraider21
03-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Read between the lines
i dont need to read between the lines. according to you they "openly said it"

Aztecfan03
03-08-2016, 05:28 AM
The President isn't in charge of deciding which deaths are high profile. When he makes remarks on a death/murder, it's because it's already gained significant national attention and merits and address.

Sounds like your beef is with the media.

And it also sounds like you've been getting your talking points from news pundits like I said earlier. As it's been pointed out exhaustively in this forum, the rate of cop murders has not gone up in the last few years. What do you want him to comment on?

I want him not to feed the BLM narrative and ignore all the cops that are being killed by black guys.

Winehole23
03-08-2016, 09:45 AM
how many is that? are black guys disproportionately deadly for cops?

boutons_deux
03-08-2016, 09:57 AM

Your stupidity is eternally reliable

Trill Clinton
03-08-2016, 12:31 PM
I want him not to feed the BLM narrative and ignore all the cops that are being killed by black guys.

most of the people killing cops are white men

spurraider21
03-08-2016, 01:11 PM
most of the people killing cops are white men
proportionally?

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-08-2016, 01:16 PM
So because cops are killed (a job THEY signed up for knowing how dangerous it is), makes it okay to disproportionally kill unarmed Blacks, etc?