PDA

View Full Version : LMA migraine

SpursforSix
03-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Is this a one time thing or has he missed games with them before?

UNT Eagles 2016
03-05-2016, 10:32 PM
I remember he missed quite a few with a heart murmur/heart surgery early in his career but not sure about the headaches

SpursforSix
03-05-2016, 10:33 PM
I remember he missed quite a few with a heart murmur/heart surgery early in his career but not sure about the headaches

That doesn't sound right. Heart surgery?

mbass
03-05-2016, 10:46 PM
That doesn't sound right. Heart surgery?

LMA was diagnosed with Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome several years ago which is an electrical conduction problem. I'm not sure if he had cardiac ablation surgery or if he takes medicine to treat the condition. It is safe for him to play bball

SpursforSix
03-05-2016, 10:51 PM
LMA was diagnosed with Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome several years ago which is an electrical conduction problem. I'm not sure if he had cardiac ablation surgery or if he takes medicine to treat the condition. It is safe for him to play bball

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info. The few people I know that have had migraines have them periodically. Not just once. And they will all say that it's not just a "really bad headache." Just hoping that it's not chronic with LMA or a symptom of something serious.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-05-2016, 10:59 PM
Didn't know that. Thanks for the info. The few people I know that have had migraines have them periodically. Not just once. And they will all say that it's not just a "really bad headache." Just hoping that it's not chronic with LMA or a symptom of something serious.

What serious?

SpursforSix
03-05-2016, 11:02 PM
What serious?

Like an aneurysm or something. But chronic migraines are bad enough from what it seems.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-05-2016, 11:04 PM
Like an aneurysm or something. But chronic migraines are bad enough from what it seems.

chronic migraines means you've gotta get your brain scanned for tumors and such.

SpursforSix
03-05-2016, 11:08 PM
chronic migraines means you've gotta get your brain scanned for tumors and such.

Goddamm. I just said that shit. "Aneurysm or something". "Something" includes tumors.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-05-2016, 11:11 PM
Goddamm. I just said that shit. "Aneurysm or something". "Something" includes tumors.

tumor usually causes seizures and radical movement changes though along with migraines. Or if on the brain stem (almost always benign) cause radical breathing and/or heart changes.

SpursforSix
03-05-2016, 11:12 PM
tumor usually causes seizures and radical movement changes though along with migraines. Or if on the brain stem (almost always benign) cause radical breathing and/or heart changes.

Thanks Dr. House. Then it's probably an aneurysm.

Chinook
03-05-2016, 11:14 PM
No LaMigraine?

SpursforSix
03-05-2016, 11:15 PM
No LaMigraine?

Haha. I was thinking something like that. But I went with the Manu thing.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-05-2016, 11:15 PM

eh wouldn't diagnose LMA with something that severe unless other symptoms appear. Other more common factors can cause migraines, such as sleeping way too long, going long stretches without food or water, or staring at the computer screen/phone screen for too long.

SpursforSix
03-05-2016, 11:19 PM
eh wouldn't diagnose LMA with something that severe unless other symptoms appear. Other more common factors can cause migraines, such as sleeping way too long, going long stretches without food or water, or staring at the computer screen/phone screen for too long.

That's not my diagnosis. But I need a CT scan and MRI to rule out. I'm not going to send home a starter on my favorite team and tell him he's sleeping too much. If he diedid, his family would sue me. Plus for not being a doctor.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-05-2016, 11:33 PM
That's not my diagnosis. But I need a CT scan and MRI to rule out. I'm not going to send home a starter on my favorite team and tell him he's sleeping too much. If he diedid, his family would sue me. Plus for not being a doctor.

More importantly, we wouldn't stand a chance of getting past the Warriors, this year or ever.

lilbthebasedgod
03-05-2016, 11:34 PM
Its a migraine...

Why on earth think its something more serious? Who doesn't get migraines occasionally?

mbass
03-05-2016, 11:50 PM
Its a migraine...

Why on earth think its something more serious? Who doesn't get migraines occasionally?

I periodically get migraines accompanied by auras - the first time I had an aura I went to the doctor and had an MRI to rule out anything else - I was diagnosed with atypical migraine.

lilbthebasedgod
03-05-2016, 11:52 PM
I periodically get migraines accompanied by auras - the first time I had an aura I went to the doctor and had an MRI to rule out anything else - I was diagnosed with atypical migraine.
Ok and what makes you think Aldridge has this? He missed one game with a migraine.

DMC
03-05-2016, 11:57 PM
Do an LP and check for sarcoidosis. Take the spook with you.

Ice009
03-06-2016, 07:29 AM

I knew he had heart issues early in his career, didn't realize he had that though. Have you got any specific articles I can read about him having it or should I just try a google search? How long ago would it have been when he was diagnosed with it?

SpursFan86
03-06-2016, 07:49 AM
This topic... :lol

sventhedog
03-06-2016, 07:56 AM
Relax everyone. Manu's body is fragile but he recovered quickly after testicular surgery.
Solution: transplant manu's testicles into aldrige, the left one for his heart and the right one for his brain.

hater
03-06-2016, 08:54 AM
Do not mention the word migra in a Mexican forum :pctoss

Russ
03-06-2016, 09:56 AM
Migraines can be bad.

But they don't stop you. Just ask Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.