PDA

View Full Version : OT: Philly fan LAL'ing at the Lakers; winning a perfectly tankable game

Spurtacular
03-06-2016, 06:48 PM
I guess the excitement of being on national TV was too much for the Lakers, and they actually tried and won their 13th game against the Dubs to win their 13th game. Meanwhile, Philly fan sitting on 8 wins is LAL's at the Lakers forgetting to remember to be shameless.

I think Byron was trying to tank though; he left Swiggy Poodle out there for a lot of minutes.

Splits
03-06-2016, 06:48 PM
I think Byron was trying to tank though; he left Swiggy Poodle out there for a lot of minutes.

No, he was playing for the win. That's why he sat Kirby mid-3rd and didn't bring him back.

Thebesteva
03-06-2016, 06:49 PM
Its a tough spot to be in...on one end you want the young guys to gain confidence in themselves. On the other end you want Ben Simmons on the Lakers at all cost. If we dont end up with that pick somehow we fall behind even further for years and we all know it. We're only praying the Golden Jew fixes the league for us as usual.

Spurtacular
03-06-2016, 06:51 PM
Its a tough spot to be in...on one end you want the young guys to gain confidence in themselves. On the other end you want Ben Simmons on the Lakers at all cost. If we dont end up with that pick somehow we fall behind even further for years and we all know it. We're only praying the Golden Jew fixes the league for us as usual.

You might be the first Laker fan I've ever seen own up to the league's cheating on your behalf.

Spurtacular
03-06-2016, 06:52 PM
No, he was playing for the win. That's why he sat Kirby mid-3rd and didn't bring him back.

I was waiting for Kobe to come back and shoot the Dubs back into the game. I think Kobe benched himself though, tbh.

DMC
03-06-2016, 06:53 PM
That game made some money for some people, a lot of money, and those missed shots were lol.

MultiTroll
03-06-2016, 07:07 PM
That game made some money for some people, a lot of money, and those missed shots were lol.
This.
I had an excellent nap.
Could see this game was arranged.

Thebesteva
03-06-2016, 07:32 PM
You might be the first Laker fan I've ever seen own up to the league's cheating on your behalf.

I always call it like I see it...but we've been on the short end of the stick. Make no mistake, game 2 2008 was just as huge of a robbery as game 6 Lakers V Kings 2002. Its just that everyone hates the Lakers so no one cares, understandably so.

I still have faith in the Lakers org but this FO is shit right now. I just know somehow we'll be back, NBA wants the Lakers back as well.

Spurtacular
03-06-2016, 09:49 PM
I always call it like I see it...but we've been on the short end of the stick. Make no mistake, game 2 2008 was just as huge of a robbery as game 6 Lakers V Kings 2002. Its just that everyone hates the Lakers so no one cares, understandably so.

I still have faith in the Lakers org but this FO is shit right now. I just know somehow we'll be back, NBA wants the Lakers back as well.

I have no doubt that you watched it a the time and thought you were getting the short end of the stick. But honestly, this is absolutely nothing to complain about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUtf6-avo2c

Take the admonition of this YT top comment:

Game 7 of 2010 was much worse. This was game 2, and yes there were bad calls in this game, but if you watched the wholes series it was very fairly called. Celtics won this fairly. As a huge celtics fan i can still admit that even though game 7 seemed unfair the lakers still won in 2010 fairly. People need to stop whining.

Lakers are the league's cash cow. They have and always will systematically cheat for them.

Thread
03-06-2016, 09:55 PM
I have no doubt that you watched it a the time and thought you were getting the short end of the stick. But honestly, this is absolutely nothing to complain about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUtf6-avo2c

Take the admonition of this YT top comment:

Lakers are the league's cash cow. They have and always will systematically cheat for them.

You're a rat, Spurts. Pure vermin.

baseline bum
03-06-2016, 09:57 PM
Make no mistake, game 2 2008 was just as huge of a robbery as game 6 Lakers V Kings 2002.

:lmao :cry

Thread
03-06-2016, 09:59 PM

That's urban myth, eva.

& those kids ain't giving up that ownership. And as much as I dislike them,,,I wouldn't either. You'd have to come and get me. And I'd be well heeled.

Spurtacular
03-06-2016, 10:09 PM
You're a rat, Spurts. Pure vermin.

I watched the video. Are you complaining about that officiating?

Thread
03-06-2016, 10:22 PM
I watched the video. Are you complaining about that officiating?

I don't complain about officiating. I take the result and live with it. That's what a man does.

Spurtacular
03-06-2016, 10:59 PM
I don't complain about officiating. I take the result and live with it. That's what a man does.

Well then, your insult makes no sense. Because you were replying to me saying the officiating was fine. But, you seem to be fond of making no sense. That is not what a man does, btw. That's what a pestilent child does.

Thread
03-06-2016, 11:17 PM
Well then, your insult makes no sense. Because you were replying to me saying the officiating was fine. But, you seem to be fond of making no sense. That is not what a man does, btw. That's what a pestilent child does.

You don't want to face loss. Fuck, neither do I. None of us do. So, you stymie the process by playing the officiating card. That way you never have to face loss. How you can then take the victories is well beyond me.

Nothing will change you, or, the others here that constantly play that card. You're hopeless.

DMC
03-06-2016, 11:19 PM
You don't want to face loss. Fuck, neither do I. None of us do. So, you stymie the process by playing the officiating card. That way you never have to face loss. How you can then take the victories is well beyond me.

Nothing will change you, or, the others here that constantly play that card. You're hopeless.
I caught you playing the injury card so you've no room.

Thread
03-06-2016, 11:20 PM
I caught you playing the injury card so you've no room.

You're full of shit.

DMC
03-06-2016, 11:26 PM
You're full of shit.
I caught you.

...some times you can't come back. Your arm is cut off, you shot your leg off in a hunting accident, your brain got knocked off it's stem by Max Baer's father, the man with no glasses shoots you in the neck, you let the girl float on the front door, you get burn't at the stake while D.D. Lewis plays middle LB for the Cowboys.

Spurtacular
03-07-2016, 12:17 AM

Face what loss? I was regarding the Lakers' loss. You clearly didn't pay attention.

I hereby ban you for the rest the evening.

Killakobe81
03-07-2016, 08:41 AM
Love how Spur fans complain about Dubs moving screens when the Celts did that all the time in 2008.I also dont whine about refs, and conspiracy I dont buy that shit and if the veto didnt disprove that shit I dont know what else will. Stern bucked us long and hard and we still havent recovered fully. Say what you will about Paul ...but the fact that he is banana boat buddies with every star in the league alone changes the dynamics if the trade wasnt blocked.. We got screwed. it's spilled milk and I am over it .. but asking for a silver we owe you one favor is foolish. Chances are we wont get Simmons. if we keep the pick at all it's a blessing.

Lakers need to double down, on scouts. hire Chip from the spurs. The PHX training staff from the Suns. get a young hungry FO guy and attack player development and international scouting. Of course they need luck to get Simmons and hope we can find and develop a Kiwi type steal. Get rid of Scott and find the next Brad Stevens. then they need to be patient. These past 5 years have been rough but they have flown by. if takes another 3 or 4 to get where we need ...so be it.

Just say no to spending max money on non max players ...

Killakobe81
03-07-2016, 08:45 AM
Oh and Philly is dumb. embiid will be back and their roster will be just as flawed as it was this year. I bet they lose the top pick and draft the wrong guy like they do every year.

Killakobe81
03-10-2016, 10:23 AM
Although I dont wish the kid ill,
Philly considering shutting down big Oak for the year with knee soreness.
I was wondering why he had not been playing.
Not sure Philly can laugh at anyone with two talented but injured centers with bad knees before age 21. Let's hope Oak and embiid can both recover the league already is lacking in post players.

The Philadelphia 76ers' Jahlil Okafor has missed the past five games with leg injuries, and coach Brett Brown is uncertain whether the rookie will return to the court this season because of recurring soreness in his right knee.

The 76ers were awaiting the results of a CAT scan Tuesday before determining a timetable for a possible return. per ESPN

Killakobe81
03-10-2016, 10:32 AM
Again, LOL poor man'd Timmy comparisons ... the Al Jeff ones are proving way more apt.

ambchang
03-10-2016, 11:50 AM
Not sure why you are LOL, but Al Jefferson was a good player, if Okafor can be as good as Jefferson, he'd be worth the #3 pick.

StrengthAndHonor
03-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Not sure why you are LOL, but Al Jefferson was a good player, if Okafor can be as good as Jefferson, he'd be worth the #3 pick.
:lmao

Thread
03-10-2016, 12:23 PM
The Philadelphia 76ers' Jahlil Okafor has missed the past five games with leg injuries, and coach Brett Brown is uncertain whether the rookie will return to the court this season because of recurring soreness in his right knee.

The 76ers were awaiting the results of a CAT scan Tuesday before determining a timetable for a possible return. per ESPN

I hope it's catastrophic.

Killakobe81
03-10-2016, 01:30 PM

I am laughing because the Timmy comparisons were ridiculous BEFORE his knee soreness.
Yes, if he has a Al Jeff career he would be worth a top 3 pick ... but again spur fan made it sound as though we missed out on something even better than that. BTW, Al Jeff puts up nice numbers but nothing he does has shown any great impact on winning on a consistent basis. I do love his post game you can tell he was well schooled and he puts Dwight Coward to shame on the block. But even at this broken down stage as much as I despise him Dwight helps you win more than Al Jeff.

Killakobe81
03-10-2016, 01:32 PM

Cant side with you on that one. I hate Dukies but that is his career you are talking about. However his off court antics should curry him little sympathy ... still a poor man's al jeff still has value in a league lacking post play.

Thread
03-10-2016, 02:22 PM
Cant side with you on that one. I hate Dukies but that is his career you are talking about. However his off court antics should curry him little sympathy ... still a poor man's al jeff still has value in a league lacking post play.

Well, my tongue was a bit in cheek, but, anything that'll put him out of commission thru next year is jake with me. True, no need for a body bag,,,yeah!!!!!!! But, definitely= Out...of...commission.

03-10-2016, 02:26 PM

Only p&a wish for injury

Killakobe81
03-10-2016, 03:46 PM
Well, my tongue was a bit in cheek, but, anything that'll put him out of commission thru next year is jake with me. True, no need for a body bag,,,yeah!!!!!!! But, definitely= Out...of...commission.

I had my sons watch the Karate Kid the other night (no good games to watch that night)

The body bag line
sweep the leg ...
Elizabeth shue looking thick in the right places (more than I remembered).
Strike first, strike hard no mercy. it was the 80's in in all it's glory.

You're the best around ... no one can ever keep you down!

I remember it was the first of the Rocky imitators to get a lot of publicity. Good stuff.

As for Oak sure him being down for a while ...I wont lose sleep over as long as it's not long-term.

ambchang
03-10-2016, 05:08 PM
I am laughing because the Timmy comparisons were ridiculous BEFORE his knee soreness.
Yes, if he has a Al Jeff career he would be worth a top 3 pick ... but again spur fan made it sound as though we missed out on something even better than that. BTW, Al Jeff puts up nice numbers but nothing he does has shown any great impact on winning on a consistent basis. I do love his post game you can tell he was well schooled and he puts Dwight Coward to shame on the block. But even at this broken down stage as much as I despise him Dwight helps you win more than Al Jeff.

I personally think Okafor would be better than Jefferson, as he has better range and perimeter skills in general, and his defense seems to be slightly better than a young Al.

D'Angelo seems to be shaking out fine now, but I am not putting too much stock on a hot streak.

Thread
03-10-2016, 05:19 PM
Only p&a wish for injury

Guilty, but, unrepentant.

Thread
03-10-2016, 05:30 PM
I had my sons watch the Karate Kid the other night (no good games to watch that night)

The body bag line
sweep the leg ...
Elizabeth shue looking thick in the right places (more than I remembered).
Strike first, strike hard no mercy. it was the 80's in in all it's glory.

You're the best around ... no one can ever keep you down!

I remember it was the first of the Rocky imitators to get a lot of publicity. Good stuff.

Yep, the overall endearing & enduring goodness of it. Makes you feel good stopping as one cruises with the remote. You can stop there, right there and you won't move unless it's on a commercialized channel. And now we look at each scene in depth, on the periphery to see if everyone is acting all the time and acting righteously.

And I enjoy watching "Johnny",,,his journey thru the story, what he must be feeling when away from his people. His character is fascinatingly complex. He loses his soul, but, then redeems it ever so slowly, but, surely.

The production is swelled by quality, thorough dedication to their craft and the story they're presenting to,,,yes, as it turns out 30+ years later...to mankind. We're respected, honored, even loved as the audience. We're taught, guided, & corrected.

& this masterpiece ages majestically. It's timeless. It's bred into our culture, into all civilized cultures.

The Karate Kid

Killakobe81
03-10-2016, 06:22 PM
I personally think Okafor would be better than Jefferson, as he has better range and perimeter skills in general, and his defense seems to be slightly better than a young Al.

D'Angelo seems to be shaking out fine now, but I am not putting too much stock on a hot streak.

his defense is atrocious. Not only that but when he is on the court he limits Noel's effectiveness even though Oak is a pretty damn good scorer.
I am not saying Russ is a superstar because of a hot streak.
I am not saying Oak is a bust if he gets shut down early for knee soreness.
But I am saying that I dont think Oak is some superstar we missed out on and Russ is not a bust.
Oak may prove to be the better player ong-tern and if he is ... God bless him.
But as I said the night of the draft even though I was leaning Oakafor ...I understood why we went Russ.

I get most you dumbasses were just hating because he is a Laker ...but If taken at face value it looks pretty foolish at the moment.

Killakobe81
03-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Yep, the overall endearing & enduring goodness of it. Makes you feel good stopping as one cruises with the remote. You can stop there, right there and you won't move unless it's on a commercialized channel. And now we look at each scene in depth, on the periphery to see if everyone is acting all the time and acting righteously.

And I enjoy watching "Johnny",,,his journey thru the story, what he must be feeling when away from his people. His character is fascinatingly complex. He loses his soul, but, then redeems it ever so slowly, but, surely.

The production is swelled by quality, thorough dedication to their craft and the story they're presenting to,,,yes, as it turns out 30+ years later...to mankind. We're respected, honored, even loved as the audience. We're taught, guided, & corrected.

& this masterpiece ages majestically. It's timeless. It's bred into our culture, into all civilized cultures.

The Karate Kid

Zabka was the perfect 80's foil.
The blonde hair with plenty of attitude to spare.
Bannarama playing a cruel summer as Daniel-san struggles to integrate to his new school.
Throwing his bike in the dumpster and begging to go back home to new Jersey.
Middle class bloke trying to get with the rich girl from Encino ...

So many good tropes explored Cully. Glad we agree that it's a classic.

Thread
03-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Zabka was the perfect 80's foil.
The blonde hair with plenty of attitude to spare.
Bannarama playing a cruel summer as he struggles to integrate to his new school.
Throwing his bike in the dumpster and begging to go back home to new Jersey.
Middle class bloke trying to get with the rich girl from Encino ...

So many good tropes explored Cully. Glad we agree that it's a classic.

& as you marked it,,,from the creators of "Rocky." Another American masterpiece.

Stallone & her on the bed when the realization hits him like a ton of brick. Does the production stoop. Absolutely not. Hell no! Rocky still thinks in terms of only himself "What am I,I,I going to do?"

She counters, not in an accusatory, loud voice, but, in the voice of "wife." "What should we,we,we do?" She is already past the point of return. She's waited for this moment, this man her entire life. She'll be there till she breathes no more. And she will teach him as wife always teaches man. He will not always learn, but, she'll never stop teaching.

Film. American film.

Killakobe81
03-10-2016, 06:56 PM
& as you marked it,,,from the creators of "Rocky." Another American masterpiece.

Stallone & her on the bed when the realization hits him like a ton of brick. Does the production stoop. Absolutely not. Hell no! Rocky still thinks in terms of only himself "What am I,I,I going to do?"

She counters, not in an accusatory, loud voice, but, in the voice of "wife." "What should we,we,we do?" She is already past the point of return. She's waited for this moment, this man her entire life. She'll be there till she breathes no more. And she will teach him as wife always teaches man. He will not always learn, but, she'll never stop teaching.

Film. American film.

I m with Rocky all the way through Part 4. Havent seen Creed yet but I hear it reaches the original's quality in some ways and Stallone brings a vintage performance. I will definitely watch it soon. I want to see Spotlight and the Revnant first though. I at first avoided Spotlight because as a father of two young boys the subject matter gets me angry ... but after reading teh hard work and dedication those writers did to expose the sins of the boston area Catholic church and their ordained pedophiles Im all in. Just waiting for this project to end and I will be catching up on some great ...American ...film.

ambchang
03-11-2016, 12:01 PM
his defense is atrocious. Not only that but when he is on the court he limits Noel's effectiveness even though Oak is a pretty damn good scorer.
I am not saying Russ is a superstar because of a hot streak.
I am not saying Oak is a bust if he gets shut down early for knee soreness.
But I am saying that I dont think Oak is some superstar we missed out on and Russ is not a bust.
Oak may prove to be the better player ong-tern and if he is ... God bless him.
But as I said the night of the draft even though I was leaning Oakafor ...I understood why we went Russ.

I get most you dumbasses were just hating because he is a Laker ...but If taken at face value it looks pretty foolish at the moment.

Oak's defense is bad, but really not much worse than a young Al Jefferson. I actually think rookie Jefferson's defense was worse, if memory recalls. And it's not like D'Bust is d-ing it up or anything, he is just as bad.

As for limiting Noel, it's irrelevant to the conversation because we are talking about who the Lakers could have drafted, and I think oak would fit in well with Clarkson. That combo could be.

I agree with you that Oak is not a once in a lifetimer like a Shaq, Duncan or Lebron, or even a Yao or Garnett, and D'Bust can turn out into a decent starter-on-a-contender level player.

As for your assessment on KAT, honestly, I am not that high on him. He is the best player in the draft, and I think that's actually pretty clear, but I am not sold he is that franchise altering talent. Other than players who get limited minutes in their rookie years that later bloomed into a superstar (Garnett, Dirk, TMac, Kobe), almost every single superstar I can think of have some level of impact on the win-loss column in their rookie season, and I am not seeing that from KAT. I am not talking about a 32-game improvement type of thing, I'm talking about a bad team to a decent team level of impact, and KAT isn't even giving us that. Time will tell, and maybe the league has turned into such a complex situation where it is no longer possible for one single player to carry a team (I disagree), but I would think KAT would end up as a Jermaine O
Neal at his peak type of player instead of a Garnett in his peak type of player. We will see.