PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight after 30. Any tips?

InRareForm
03-06-2016, 07:40 PM
Wtf... this is getting tougher to do.

Time to try p90x I guess.

Disclaimer: I'm not obese, just need to get my body fat lowered , and ready for summer.

Koolaid_Man
03-06-2016, 07:42 PM

Disclaimer: I'm not obese, just need to get my body fat lowered , and ready for summer.

Get you some pussy from an ugly bitch and fuck missionary (face to face) for 30 days

DPG21920
03-06-2016, 07:45 PM
Trust Kool on this - that is something he knows a lot about :lol

SpursforSix
03-06-2016, 07:49 PM
Limit sugar and carbs.

Darius McCrary
03-06-2016, 07:49 PM
Just burn more calories than you take in

It's pretty simple

SpursforSix
03-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Get you some pussy from an ugly bitch and fuck missionary (face to face) for 30 days

Or he could do like you and get AIDS.

Koolaid_Man
03-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Or he could do like you and get AIDS.

Yeah your mama's asshole was particularly filthy :lol

pgardn
03-06-2016, 08:17 PM

45 minutes of straight exercise at 60-70% of max heart rate every other day.
Now getting up to these number takes time. And you can't do the weight lifting stop and rest crap. It won't work. It's gonna take your biggest muscles working constantly (legs and butt). Elliptical, running, or cross country skiing are the best ways. Bike and swimming usually won't allow you to reach and hold these numbers as they don't use all the leg muscles. You will go anaerobic and have to stop but they are not bad ways to get to 45 every other day along with the aforementioned best ways.

Getting up to 60-70% of max HR takes time in itself 5-10 min. when already in shape. You also need to cool down after the 45 min straight.. tough to get to this (most people go anaerobic too soon and can't make it). Once you do make it and can keep this going consistently over a few months you can slam down almost anything and not gain weight. Patience required. Also you will last longer than anyone else on vacation or on the job. Best feeling I have ever had.

45 minutes, 60 to 70% max heart rate without stopping every other day.
THE RECIPE if you want to eat anything.

SpursforSix
03-06-2016, 08:18 PM
Yeah your mama's asshole was particularly filthy :lol

Your momma's asshole is so filthy that when pigs fuck her, they swear off of fucking her.

Koolaid_Man
03-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Your momma's asshole is so filthy that when pigs fuck her, they swear off of fucking her.

Your mama's pussy so nasty they won't even eat it on Fear Factor :lol

SpursforSix
03-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Your mama's pussy so nasty they won't even eat it on Fear Factor :lol

Your momma's nipples are so rough that carpenters use them for sanding.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-06-2016, 08:44 PM
oops. Did I step into a 9th grade classroom here?

SpursforSix
03-06-2016, 08:50 PM
oops. Did I step into a 9th grade classroom here?

Are you looking for a date?

Thread
03-06-2016, 08:58 PM
Don't eat while watching TV.

Don't wear sweats. Wear belted pants.

Write down everything you eat & drink, the fat grams & the calories.

Don't eat while watching TV. Don't do it.

baseline bum
03-06-2016, 08:59 PM
Eat less, exercise more. It's not hard to figure out.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-06-2016, 08:59 PM
Are you looking for a date?
no, I only date girls over 21 tbh

SpursforSix
03-06-2016, 09:05 PM
no, I only date girls over 21 tbh

Your mom's vag is so dry that it's Exhibit A for the case for global warming.

The Reckoning
03-06-2016, 09:21 PM
drink a lot of caffeine and only eat one meal a day

UNT Eagles 2016
03-06-2016, 09:22 PM
quote from Al Gore's 12 year old grandson?

UNT Eagles 2016
03-06-2016, 09:23 PM
drink a lot of caffeine and only eat one meal a day
No. Best way to lose is to eat to your heart's content one day, then only eat 500 or less calories the next day. Repeat for 6 months. Works surprisingly well.

Koolaid_Man
03-06-2016, 09:28 PM

Your mama so fat she got more rolls than Cinnabon

Koolaid_Man
03-06-2016, 09:31 PM

Your mammas pussy so smelly it makes onions cry....

Koolaid_Man
03-06-2016, 09:32 PM

Your mama so fat she got more Chins than a Chinese phone directory

SpursforSix
03-06-2016, 09:33 PM
Your mammas pussy so smelly it makes onions cry....

It's not the smell of onions that make someone cry.

SpursforSix
03-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Your mama so fat she got more Chins than a Chinese phone directory

Your mom's vag is so crowded, it has its own area code.

Koolaid_Man
03-06-2016, 09:43 PM
It's not the smell of onions that make someone cry.

Your dick is so small your wife / Girlfriend gets horny when she sees a box of tic tacs....

Koolaid_Man
03-06-2016, 09:46 PM

Your dick is so small its at the bottom of your pussy....:lol

Koolaid_Man
03-06-2016, 09:51 PM

Your daddy's dick is so small he pisses on his nuts....

SpursforSix
03-06-2016, 10:19 PM

Your mom's balls are so hairy that when they get caught in your brother's braces, he looks like a walrus.

Thread
03-06-2016, 10:29 PM

:depressed

Avante
03-06-2016, 10:29 PM
Eat about 80% of what you plan on eating that day before 2 pm and don't eat after 6 at all. Now start walking, yep, speed walking. And knock off all liquids but bottle watered.

No need to play silly shit you won't stick to so continue to eat what ya do/want just do it like I mentioned. The distance between your last meal at 6ish and your breakfast the next day is the biggie here, that and that long speed walk. If ya can run, cool~~~~~~

Sure ya can take a day off all that once a week. But no more.

The thing is few people can stick to anything real strict so we do have to be realistic, that way you will stay with it.

FkLA
03-06-2016, 10:30 PM
Download the myfitnesspal app. Enter your settings/goals and log your meals. Stay within your calories. Buy a food scale to make sure your logs are accurate. People underestimating how much they eat is probably the biggest reason most struggle to lose weight tbh.

bigzak25
03-06-2016, 10:35 PM
Limit sugar and carbs.

Ftw!

HarlemHeat37
03-06-2016, 10:48 PM
The exercise part is largely irrelevant(in regards to specific activities), as long as you're active..dieting is far more important..

Calculate your maintenance calories: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

- Eat less than whatever your maintenance number is(if you're trying to get serious, aim for 10-20% less)
- Eat whatever you want, follow the IIFYM plan, since it's much easier from a mental standpoint, and it prevents burnout..make sure your fat is less than 25% of your daily cals, though, and get sufficient protein..for non-pros, it's easier to follow IIFYM, tbh..otherwise, most people give up on dieting quickly..
- If you want to get serious, try to allocate your carb intake in the morning and mostly before/after your workout

If you want to do it faster and more efficiently, just take Ephedrine + Caffeine, tbh..among legal shit, nothing is better IMO..

Age is irrelevant, tbh..just this year, I trained 2 40+ year old women and they look like completely different people:lol..these idiots wanted to pay Herbal Magic or one of those fraud companies..

Thread
03-06-2016, 11:18 PM
Eat about 80% of what you plan on eating that day before 2 pm and don't eat after 6 at all. Now start walking, yep, speed walking. And knock off all liquids but bottle watered.

No need to play silly shit you won't stick to so continue to eat what ya do/want just do it like I mentioned. The distance between your last meal at 6ish and your breakfast the next day is the biggie here, that and that long speed walk. If ya can run, cool~~~~~~

Sure ya can take a day off all that once a week. But no more.

The thing is few people can stick to anything real strict so we do have to be realistic, that way you will stay with it.

The absolute goods.

& the lbs will fly off.

SpursforSix
03-06-2016, 11:27 PM
The absolute goods.

& the lbs will fly off.

Bend over, I'll fuckin show you the absolute goods.

Koolaid_Man
03-06-2016, 11:34 PM

Try as you may you can never be Kool

Avante
03-07-2016, 12:04 AM

Dude, why don't you grow the fuck up ya sick bitch, ok?

bigzak25
03-07-2016, 12:04 AM
Well man, lemme say, I've lost 35 pounds since December 18th...firstly, I cut the beer drinking...not to say I don't do it anymore, but it's like 3 or 4 beers, like twice a month....next, during the weekdays I work like most people...I have my coffee with cream and just drink plenty of water. I have 100 cal bags of almonds at my desk that I eat if hungry. I stopped going out to lunch really...again, maybe twice a month I'll go to the whata burger drive through for a grilled chicken sandwich...yes with mayo. No fries or soda though. That's the bad shit you gotta stay away from. Also at my job, they have a vending machine with turkey and chese sandwiches, so I'll scarf one of those down if I like...I don't eat all the bread though...and another thing they have in the machine is milk. Not chocolate! Regular milk. One bottle of that is like 300 calories and a great meal replacement. Don't drink diet drinks either...that shit is worse for your system than regular soda...even at zero cals. Stick to water and sometimes milk. I didn't give up soda...I like Dr Pepper...but it's rare I drink it. Bacon and eggs are a great breakfast too. Stay away from pancakes, waffles, biscuits, toast, and limit your tortillas...I break down and have my two barbacoas on flour on Saturday mornings, but other than that I'm good. Obviously, you want to limit your sweets. I don't buy candy, but my managers have those mini bite size chocolates on their desk and if I'm in the mood, I'd snake one or two. Don't do pasta...definitely limit your rice and potatoes....and I buy those cheddar cheese snack size from heb or target. Those are great. I don't know if you like yogurt, but I'll mix one of the 100 calorie vanillas with my almonds and go to town. Another thing I like is a beef jerky some nights. I still eat my chips and salsa on occasion...just not too often. A chicken fajita with guacamole sometimes hits the spot. The thing is, I don't feel like I'm dieting at all. I just know the shit I gotta stay away from. Always check sugar grams and carbs on the labels. Those are the enemies. High protein is obviously good, and don't be afraid of fats in good foods. I don't mean in chips...lol. Veggies? Nah...not for me....salads? Yeah uh...fuck that. And I haven't exercised or gone to a gym for shit...but my boys keep me busy. Good luck! Oh, and I'm 40s bro, so if your early 30s, you'll do that much better.

Thread
03-07-2016, 12:06 AM
Well man, lemme say, I've lost 35 pounds since December 18th...firstly, I cut the beer drinking...not to say I don't do it anymore, but it's like 3 or 4 beers, like twice a month....next, during the weekdays I work like most people...I have my coffee with cream and just drink plenty of water. I have 100 cal bags of almonds at my desk that I eat if hungry. I stopped going out to lunch really...again, maybe twice a month I'll go to the whata burger drive through for a grilled chicken sandwich...yes with mayo. No fries or soda though. That's the bad shit you gotta stay away from. Also at my job, they have a vending machine with turkey and chese sandwiches, so I'll scarf one of those down if I like...I don't eat all the bread though...and another thing they have in the machine is milk. Not chocolate! Regular milk. One bottle of that is like 300 calories and a great meal replacement. Don't drink diet drinks either...that shit is worse for your system than regular soda...even at zero cals. Stick to water and sometimes milk. I didn't give up soda...I like Dr Pepper...but it's rare I drink it. Bacon and eggs are a great breakfast too. Stay away from pancakes, waffles, biscuits, toast, and limit your tortillas...I break down and have my two barbacoas on flour on Saturday mornings, but other than that I'm good. Obviously, you want to limit your sweets. I don't buy candy, but my managers have those mini bite size chocolates on their desk and if I'm in the mood, I'd snake one or two. Don't do pasta...definitely limit your rice and potatoes....and I buy those cheddar cheese snack size from heb or target. Those are great. I don't know if you like yogurt, but I'll mix one of the 100 calorie vanillas with my almonds and go to town. Another thing I like is a beef jerky some nights. I still eat my chips and salsa on occasion...just not too often. A chicken fajita with guacamole sometimes hits the spot. The thing is, I don't feel like I'm dieting at all. I just know the shit I gotta stay away from. Always check sugar grams and carbs on the labels. Those are the enemies. High protein is obviously good, and don't be afraid of fats in good foods. I don't mean in chips...lol. Veggies? Nah...not for me....salads? Yeah uh...fuck that. And I haven't exercised or gone to a gym for shit...but my boys keep me busy. Good luck! Oh, and I'm 40s bro, so if your early 30s, you'll do that much better.

Why, big zak?

--- Great content.

bigzak25
03-07-2016, 12:10 AM
Why, big zak?

--- Great content.

Well thread, from what I've read, diet soda/drinks has those chemicals that mess up your glucose levels. It can make your metabolism slow down and you end up screwing yourself...also, my best friends dad drank those for years and the diabetes got him in the end. So i steer clear.

DMC
03-07-2016, 09:26 AM
Limit sugar and carbs.
Regardless of your intake, you're limiting both. You need to have a goal, not just a general direction.

Active lifestyle, small meals but more of them, get a personal trainer.

SpursforSix
03-07-2016, 10:00 AM
Regardless of your intake, you're limiting both. You need to have a goal, not just a general direction.

Active lifestyle, small meals but more of them, get a personal trainer.

Sure, you can make it as detailed and goal oriented as you want. But for a large number of people that are overweight or trying to lose a little, cutting out those two things will yield good results. I've lost about 20 since December mainly doing that.
It doesn't have to be complicated as long as you have a good idea of what kind and how much food you put in your body.

InRareForm
03-07-2016, 10:23 AM
Going through this thread I have learned some good info.

Basically going to use many ideas listed throughout.

1. Keep cardio frequent. Mix in high interval workouts If possible.
2. Limit sugar, carbs
3. Drink caffeine, lots of water
4. Reduce meal size, but have more meals

Thread
03-07-2016, 10:25 AM
Sure, you can make it as detailed and goal oriented as you want. But for a large number of people that are overweight or trying to lose a little, cutting out those two things will yield good results. I've lost about 20 since December mainly doing that.
It doesn't have to be complicated as long as you have a good idea of what kind and how much food you put in your body.

That's it.

SpursforSix
03-07-2016, 10:37 AM

2. Limit sugar, carbs

You'll get there with that strategy. The lots of water is super important. For many reasons. But it will help your skin retain some elasticity and keep you from having loose skin. Depending on how quick and how much weight you lose.

DarrinS
03-07-2016, 10:38 AM

2. Limit sugar, carbs

I lost 35 lbs in 2015 and have kept it off. You don't need to do any of those things in your list.

Just run a calorie deficit. Consume less calories than you burn in a day. The diet part is much more effective than just trying to exercise it off.

I workout just 2-3 times a week. Just simple free weight stuff. F*** cardio, tbh, unless that's your thing.

I'm down to about 10% body fat, which is lean enough for me.

DeadlyDynasty
03-07-2016, 10:53 AM
Cocaine and laxatives for 30-40 days. I'm not talking about doing gagger lines, but little key bumps throughout the day will help keep the hunger pangs at bay (and not make you look geeked out). Use a real laxative like Dulcolax, not a stool softener. Take 3 pills a night for the first week, then just 1 a night for the remainder of the plan.

When you're all done with this regimen, listen to all the above posters' advice to help you maintain your level of physical fitness.

DarrinS
03-07-2016, 11:22 AM
I think drinking massive quantities of water is unnecessary. Just drink water when you are thirsty, tbh.

lefty
03-07-2016, 11:29 AM

2. Limit sugar, carbs
5. Lift weights and lift heavy : it's gonna raise metabolism during rest
6. get plenty of sleep
7. eat healthy, but don't starve or skip complex carbs, unless you want to be super grumpy and have low energy; and don't forget healthy fats
8. fruit juices are NOT healthy; instead eat whole fruits

Sportcamper
03-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Cut out the Big Three…caffeine, sugar & alcohol…

hater
03-07-2016, 12:28 PM
No beer. Minimum alcohol. No sugars. No white bread.

Exercise. Juice. Case closed.

DarrinS
03-07-2016, 12:38 PM
No beer. Minimum alcohol. No sugars. No white bread.

Exercise. Juice. Case closed.

No sugars, but juice? :lol

lefty
03-07-2016, 12:49 PM
Leave San Antonio

DeadlyDynasty
03-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Leave San Antonio
/thread:lmao

Thread
03-07-2016, 01:26 PM
Cocaine and laxatives for 30-40 days. I'm not talking about doing gagger lines, but little key bumps throughout the day will help keep the hunger pangs at bay (and not make you look geeked out). Use a real laxative like Dulcolax, not a stool softener. Take 3 pills a night for the first week, then just 1 a night for the remainder of the plan.

When you're all done with this regimen, listen to all the above posters' advice to help you maintain your level of physical fitness.

You know me, Deads, what would Cocaine do to/for me? Just one time.

DeadlyDynasty
03-07-2016, 02:18 PM
Therein lies the rub. The only thing better than cocaine is more cocaine, as you'd find out.

Mitch
03-07-2016, 02:31 PM

2. Limit sugar, carbs

If you can make that lifestyle change then you'll eventually be skinny. However, if you want to go down a different road - something more rewarding in the long term, build muscle. Muscle mass increases your metabolism across all boards and you'll thank yourself when you're in your 60s and have the strength to move like you're in your 40s.

DeadlyDynasty
03-07-2016, 03:16 PM
In all seriousness, Katie-girl would get a few minutes of rockstar fuckin' before you'd die. Confession time, buddy...since turning 30 a few years ago I've slowly lost interest in all past vices. I've hated smoking pot for years now (not against it, just doesn't do it for me), never really smoked or dipped, don't drink coffee, drink a few beers only on rare occasions, and have no use for coke and whores anymore. I'll still browse backpage out of habit, but just at work when I'm bored (and only from my phone). I've hung 'em up.

To answer OP's question more seriously (although my original post works as a crash diet), check out Focus T25 and Insanity Max 30 vids...it looks incredibly silly at first, but if you just set aside 30-40 min/day for it you'll get results. I still do it, but I take more days off now since I'm already in fighting shape. It's all mental, brah...just about every suggestion made in this thread was good, but few have the motivation to see it through, and even fewer ever maintain if/when they reach their initial goals. I know that's cookie-cutter advice, but it really just comes down to simple motivation--especially post-30

baseline bum
03-07-2016, 03:18 PM
get a personal trainer.

Didn't work well for Duncan

DMC
03-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Did ok for Amy

lefty
03-07-2016, 03:36 PM

Did ok for Amy Koolaid_Man

baseline bum
03-07-2016, 03:37 PM
Did ok for Amy

They were selling our shit

lefty
03-07-2016, 03:51 PM
cardio, not strength training
be more 'active' in general - walk stairs etc
no sugar drinks
limit carbs

dont be gay about it*

*unless you're gay, then, be yourself
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/2174410/jerry-sloan-huh-o.gif

Mitch
03-07-2016, 04:11 PM
cardio, not strength training
be more 'active' in general - walk stairs etc
no sugar drinks
limit carbs

dont be gay about it*

*unless you're gay, then, be yourself

Studies universally acknowledge weight lifting is beneficial for long-term weight loss and maintenance. The more muscle you have, the more energy you need to function - ie higher metabolism.

DMC
03-07-2016, 04:32 PM
They were selling our shit
They were selling our shit:::::shameful

DMC
03-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Studies universally acknowledge weight lifting is beneficial for long-term weight loss and maintenance. The more muscle you have, the more energy you need to function - ie higher metabolism.
Did you ever get that Christ-like Mitch avatar?

Mitch
03-07-2016, 04:51 PM
1 - strength training /= weight lifting
2 - ready for summer /= long-term

If you care about being ready for summer, you don't want to be a fat fuck in winter.

Strength training = weight lifting to anybody who isn't a kinesiology major.

HarlemHeat37
03-07-2016, 05:02 PM
Cardio is good for your heart and if you play an endurance-based sport..otherwise, lifting is much more important, both short-term and long-term, if you're actually trying to look good while being healthy, along with building functional strength that can benefit your everyday life:lol..

You can lose a bunch of weight and still look bad with your skinny-fat body, tbh..

pgardn
03-07-2016, 05:03 PM
Now getting up to these number takes time. And you can't do the weight lifting stop and rest crap. It won't work. It's gonna take your biggest muscles working constantly (legs and butt). Elliptical, running, or cross country skiing are the best ways. Bike and swimming usually won't allow you to reach and hold these numbers as they don't use all the leg muscles. You will go anaerobic and have to stop but they are not bad ways to get to 45 every other day along with the aforementioned best ways.

Getting up to 60-70% of max HR takes time in itself 5-10 min. when already in shape. You also need to cool down after the 45 min straight.. tough to get to this (most people go anaerobic too soon and can't make it). Once you do make it and can keep this going consistently over a few months you can slam down almost anything and not gain weight. Patience required. Also you will last longer than anyone else on vacation or on the job. Best feeling I have ever had.

The above is it.
No diets necessary.
And you will be in the best shape of your life.

But then again I crave exercise and eating. Now many people can't or won't excercise hard and smart by starting slowly and getting to the above. It's probably because they are sitting on their arse typing on a message board. Off on the bike today. Hitting the Greenways in SA 1.5 hrs. Then run tomorrow, swim Friday. Saturday interval runs or a 5k race.

dbreiden83080
03-07-2016, 05:10 PM
I'm 35 and weigh about 180 right now. I a little over 6 feet tall. That is the lightest for me since I was about 21. I try to eat salads with low cal dressing, or a turkey wrap with mustard for lunch 5 days a week. For dinner 5 days a week, it is usually chicken and a veggie, or sometimes I make turkey chili. When you diet, you will find you have to eat a lot of chicken. Don't really drink soda or have too much sugar, mostly water. Never snack at night, or at least not until a Friday or Saturday night.

dbreiden83080
03-07-2016, 05:12 PM

Your cholesterol will still be shit, no matter what shape you are in if the diet sucks..

InRareForm
03-07-2016, 05:12 PM
If you can make that lifestyle change then you'll eventually be skinny. However, if you want to go down a different road - something more rewarding in the long term, build muscle. Muscle mass increases your metabolism across all boards and you'll thank yourself when you're in your 60s and have the strength to move like you're in your 40s.

How about lean out first then build muscle . Lean muscle

SpursforSix
03-07-2016, 05:28 PM

All you have to do is look at all those 60-70 year old rock stars to see what cardio does for your body and mind long term. Being active is every bit as important as what you put in your body. Assuming your not an addict or something. And the 0-70 year olds I know...by far...the ones that don't look as old as their age are the ones that have been active their whole lives and not the ones with a desk job.

HarlemHeat37
03-07-2016, 05:31 PM

Your first few months of serious weight lifting will be the best gains you'll make, tbh..you'll see quick results, and it'll be the only time(barring PED use) that you'll still build muscle while on a caloric deficit..

Mitch
03-07-2016, 06:02 PM

Starting sooner is better than later, tbh. Cardio improves your health though so you're gonna want to do it anyways.

You want to get into building muscle asap though, only good comes from it.

pgardn
03-07-2016, 09:31 PM
Your cholesterol will still be shit, no matter what shape you are in if the diet sucks..

Wrong.

Your HDL's will skyrocket. The LDL/HDL ratio is most important. That being said you won't really want heavy meals once you get in the mode I mentioned. Starches and sugars will have much less of an effect on metabolism because they will be turned into glycogen very rapidly. Especially at your age. I can eat pancakes, the works and have no problem. I am also not a diabetic so genetics always is a consideration in any of this of course.

pgardn
03-07-2016, 09:33 PM
All you have to do is look at all those 60-70 year old rock stars to see what cardio does for your body and mind long term. Being active is every bit as important as what you put in your body. Assuming your not an addict or something. And the 0-70 year olds I know...by far...the ones that don't look as old as their age are the ones that have been active their whole lives and not the ones with a desk job.

Yep.

And Jagger does exactly what I wrote and more.
Lip mass is unaffected. Cardio is the way. You just have to replace running with something else as you age.

pgardn
03-07-2016, 09:37 PM
Cardio is good for your heart and if you play an endurance-based sport..otherwise, lifting is much more important, both short-term and long-term, if you're actually trying to look good while being healthy, along with building functional strength that can benefit your everyday life:lol..

You can lose a bunch of weight and still look bad with your skinny-fat body, tbh..

Very true. Elite endurance athletes don't look good, in today's world anyway. When skinny is in again, maybe.

FkLA
03-08-2016, 01:21 AM
Why yall overcomplicating shit for the guy? Eat less cals then you burm. That's all there is to it. Focusing on macros, stuff like sugars, or timing meals isn't necessary for the average person.

bigzak25
03-08-2016, 08:00 AM
Uh...do you have fat to lose? If your fat, you stay away from sugar...not that you have to eliminate it 100 percent, but sugar is the devil when you are trying to lose weight. And if your fat, like I am, your likely drinking too much or living a sedentary lifestyle. So working out and gyms are the things your trying to forget from pe in school. And fuck paying a gym to workout. I'll shoot hoops and buy a couple of dumbbells and keep living the simple life...

pgardn
03-08-2016, 08:12 AM
Why yall overcomplicating shit for the guy? Eat less cals then you burm. That's all there is to it. Focusing on macros, stuff like sugars, or timing meals isn't necessary for the average person.

Because if you do like eating there is a way. But it takes effort. The guy is still in the age group where he can get away with eating. But it requires very good cardio that's tough for the sedentary to reach.

FkLA
03-08-2016, 01:23 PM
Uh...do you have fat to lose? If your fat, you stay away from sugar...not that you have to eliminate it 100 percent, but sugar is the devil when you are trying to lose weight. And if your fat, like I am, your likely drinking too much or living a sedentary lifestyle. So working out and gyms are the things your trying to forget from pe in school. And fuck paying a gym to workout. I'll shoot hoops and buy a couple of dumbbells and keep living the simple life...

Foods with a bunch of sugar (candy, donuts, cookies, soda, etc) usually have high calories. When you cut down on them you also naturally lower your calories consumed. High calories and being in a calorie surplus are the devil not sugar.

Because if you do like eating there is a way. But it takes effort. The guy is still in the age group where he can get away with eating. But it requires very good cardio that's tough for the sedentary to reach.

Yeah, but it all ties back to calories. He can do all the cardio he wants but if he doesn't burn more doing cardio than he consumes eating he's not losing weight.

SnakeBoy
03-08-2016, 02:28 PM

LOL...It's only going to get tougher from now on.

Once your metabolism slows due to age you cannot just exercise your fat away or just go on a temporary diet. Time to get on a permanent healthy diet and regular exercise routine. Everyone has an opinion on what is best for both.

Low carb diet, weight training, some aerobics works best for me. I'm 49 and I have friends my age who are really into triathalon's that spend a huge amount time training and I'm leaner than they are because they don't watch their diet consistently month after month year after year..

clambake
03-08-2016, 03:04 PM
you wanna lose weight, get a divorce.

DarrinS
03-08-2016, 05:49 PM

Truth.

I'm still amazed how easy it was for me. I wish I had done it years ago.

DMC
03-08-2016, 08:28 PM
Screw the rock stars look at Sean Penn's routine. Pretty sure he HGHed or just steroid abused but he really ripped out for that Gunman role.

pgardn
03-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Foods with a bunch of sugar (candy, donuts, cookies, soda, etc) usually have high calories. When you cut down on them you also naturally lower your calories consumed.

Yeah, but it all ties back to calories. He can do all the cardio he wants but if he doesn't burn more doing cardio than he consumes eating he's not losing weight.

This is the huge misunderstanding, the burning of calories. The routine I have described will put him in another gear while he is NOT exercising. He will burn far more calories WHILE he is asleep and sedentary ( although if he keeps moving during work and not sitting it works even better).

This is what people don't get. The largest number of calories burned during a 24 hr period DO NOT OCCUR WHILE EXERCISING. Unless you excercise by doing consecutive triathlons ( good luck) The guys who spend 3 hrs in the weight room doing upper body will not burn as many calories as they would just walking around for 3 hrs if they followed 45 min. 60-70% max every other day. Problem is most folks won't put the work in to reach and maintain this level of workout which will change your metabolism.

And you must use the largest muscles in your body, the little ones in the upper body alone will not allow one to reach the prescribed levels of heart rate and maintain it. Males want to look good so they do some cardio, lots of upper body, and starve on protein. This will give you a good physique. I am saying you can really eat if you put the work in. This is not easy, but when you get it, and maintain it, your entire day will be easier. I would also suggest that proper care of joints etc, with yoga or a good stretching routine (as some people will get overly tight in the pelvis/back/knees from using the biggest muscles one has, the legs and butt). I would also recommend most of the running occur on soft surfaces since this is the primary way (running) most people achieve the 45 min 60-70% max heart rate level.

I personally do biking and swimming to even out the running, elliptical, soccer and Bball.

Another aspect people can't handle is it will require a harder workout when you do start to get into shape because your heart and lungs will start becoming more efficient, but you still gotta hit that 60-70 % max level for 45 minutes.

This is is not for everyone, it's for people who like carbs, me. And older folks..late 40s and up... You really do need to watch the carbs, but you can still eat more "whole" sugars (starch). But the OP in his 30s...
Very doable. The mass carb bashing has occurred because people are way too sedentary. It has become the norm, so the prescribed eating speaks to sloths.

DarrinS
03-08-2016, 09:25 PM
But, if you're more sedentary, like most people these days, just restrict your calories and do some weight training 2-3 times a week. Easy and works. I'm 47 and in almost as good shape as my 20's.

pgardn
03-08-2016, 09:28 PM
But, if you're more sedentary, like most people these days, just restrict your calories and do some weight training 2-3 times a week. Easy and works. I'm 47 and in almost as good shape as my 20's.

Absolutely.

I happen to like being outside and not sitting still.
And I like eating...
Bread and sometimes a big piece of pie. As well as meat, vegetables, rocks...

I would add some cardio to any routine though. You will be more effective during the work day. The quality of life goes up when you can be active and not get tired. Your sleep will also improve if you don't have a sleeping disorder.

Oh. You also have to ask yourself how good a shape you were in your 20s. It's really all good if you can easily restrict what you eat. I just like sports and eating. I like moving and sleeping well. Some people love a good 3 hrs of video games, I can't handle it.

DarrinS
03-08-2016, 09:38 PM
Absolutely.

I happen to like being outside and not sitting still.
And I like eating...
Bread and sometimes a big piece of pie. As well as meat, vegetables, rocks...

I would add some cardio to any routine though. You will be more effective during the work day. The quality of life goes up when you can be active and not get tired. Your sleep will also improve if you don't have a sleeping disorder.

I hear you. I know a guy who's a marathoner and he can eat like a horse. I'm just not the type that can do tons of cardio, so I just found what works for me. Much easier for me to pass up a 400 cal piece of pie than to run off 400 cal.

DarrinS
03-08-2016, 09:40 PM
As for outdoor stuff, I just mow the lawn, swim occasionally, ride my bike, etc.

pgardn
03-08-2016, 09:47 PM
As for outdoor stuff, I just mow the lawn, swim occasionally, ride my bike, etc.

I love snow skiing, wade fishing for long hours on our hot coast, kayaking and running in races (no further than 10k even though I can and have done marathons"they kill you") I often have to go out of town for work and for vacation. When I can handle this easily and want to see more in a new place, I can.

You are clearly the normal one.

Im just throwing in possibilities because I live it.

DarrinS
03-08-2016, 10:01 PM
I love snow skiing, wade fishing for long hours on our hot coast, kayaking and running in races (no further than 10k even though I can and have done marathons"they kill you") I often have to go out of town for work and for vacation. When I can handle this easily and want to see more in a new place, I can.

You are clearly the normal one.

Im just throwing in possibilities because I live it.

I'm not discounting any of the things you listed, but they're just not practical for some people. Awesome though, if you have the time or access to those things.

pgardn
03-08-2016, 10:18 PM
I'm not discounting any of the things you listed, but they're just not practical for some people. Awesome though, if you have the time or access to those things.

True.

Job and family allow this for me but I gotta push it.
"This is the plan..." followed by eye roles from those associated with the plans.
"Are you with me..." As in this will happen with or without you.

SpursforSix
03-08-2016, 10:30 PM
True.

Job and family allow this for me but I gotta push it.
"This is the plan..." followed by eye roles from those associated with the plans.
"Are you with me..." As in this will happen with or without you.

A lot of people that do marathons end up pooping themselves.

pgardn
03-08-2016, 10:39 PM
A lot of people that do marathons end up pooping themselves.

Those are usually the elite athletes that don't give a shit but doo.