PDA

View Full Version : 2011 SPURS' Draft from an Indiana Pacers Fans Perspective

TheDoctor
03-06-2016, 11:41 PM
These guys didn't know what was going to hit them TBH :claw:flag:
To be fair, neither of us knew :lol

From SB Nation Indy Cornrows, Thursday June 23:

-I second that. Welcome home, George. Great to have you back in Indy.

-I like the trade. It gives us a MUCH better option at SG than Rush, who’s well known for his inconsistency. Hopefully Hill takes the likely opportunities to start consistently in Indy and improves the scoring that he’s done so well the last 2 years.

-I really don't hate it...I really think we got the better end of the deal…

-George and George on the floor together= Good defense.

-Hill is so undersize though for a shooting guard Hill is not a pure point guard, if we want to use him on that position. I think he’s definitely going to be part of the 2nd unit, I would really like to see him and Lance work the drive and kick to set things up for the second unit. Now we don’t have a single pick as of right now. I think there is still another trade coming, maybe Rush for a late first or early second.

-I'm thinking the same. Rush for a second rounder

-wish we got a bit more or at least unloaded someone else from the backcourt (aka rush), but still i’m pretty excited to essentially get a proven nba talent over an unknown, especially when we need scoring

-I wish we wouldnt have traded this guy for Hill. His length, athleticism, large hands and rebounding is something we could use. i cant remember having a kid like this filling the lanes on a fast break, maybe a Marcus Camby like player. Time will tell.

-Clear message to DC. Get your act together and play some D or you’re not starting anymore!!!

-I Like Hill...but Leonard, pick 42 and Lorbek? Couldn’t we have gotten a pick back from them?

-I like the trade I just wish we could have gotten San Antonio’s first round pick so we could have gotten a big man….like say JuJuan Johnson?

-theres still hope that something can still happen But wow. Im still stunned from what just happend. I really do hope we can turn rush into something so we could draft jjj or tyler.

-Imagine how good the D will he with Hill instead of DC. I just love versatility hill will bring, and hopefully leadership.

-until they realize we still suck lol

-happy. Glad to get any dependable guard period— especially glad to get George Hill. Hasn’t Lorbek gotten pretty good? Seems a lot to give, but I can’t blame Bird for wanting Hill and not caring too much for this draft class.

-lotta stuff leading up to the draft about OKC trading this and there goes Reggie Jackson, favorite of some

-MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells: Bird has said they have to acquire players with experience to speed up their improvement. Getting Hill definitely helps.

-Oh yeah Larry...We are rising like a freaking Rocket. This is such BS!!!!! I mean Hill is decent and probably not going to be much better or worse than Leonard, but we are now back to spinning our freaking wheels and staying right in the 35 win range. Fucking Awsome!!! I love how I’ve read how Bird and Co. have diligently worked to get the Pacers cap space. All they did was make bad trade after bad trade for a couple years after the brawl burying us in bad contracts and then sit on them for 4 years until they expired (aside from the JO and Murphy trade, which at this point has netted us DC and a single playoff win 4 years later). Not impressed.

-That’s only because you have some irrational belief that the 15th pick will save the franchise, when at best the average 15th pick is a backup/role player.

-Definitely.2010 – Larry Sanders, 2009 – Austin Daye, 2008 – Robin Lopez, 2007 – Rodney Stuckey, 2006 – Cedric Simmons
At least four of those are better than Leonard, and not one of them is saving any franchise, especially proven by Detroit’s 30-52 season last year.

-Forget about Kawhi Leonard.Yesterday you get offered George Hill for 15: yay/nay?

-Yay. Reserved yay, but still yay in this drat.

-very reserved. he is still just a back up PG…does Hill play defense? anyone know?

-yes. VERY good defense, especially on ball. according to Spurs fans anyway.

-yesterday?probably yay. This morning? nay because I was having dreams of Kemba falling or Burks being there

-Yay. but strange that it is for sexy projected top 10 pick. Can’t really get past that yet. It’s a weak draft, it’s a weak draft, it’s a weak draft. Hello George Hill!

-Nay!!! I’d rather take a shot at an unknown with a cheap (15th pick costs like $10mil. over 4 years) and upside than a proven backup. We are not a good team. We can not afford to just get a little better.

-I’d rather get Hill. Kawhi wouldn’t get us any better.

-I was excited when Leonard slipped to us and if SA was so interested in Leonard that they were willing to trade Parker to get into the lottery, shouldn’t THEY be throwing in the picks? So many mixed emotions tonight.

-Remember the Spurs being AWESOME for getting James Anderson late last year?

-Remember people scratching their heads when they drafted...Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, and George Hill late in the 1st? Remember how people said they could afford to risk a 2nd rounder on Dejuan Blair? They know what they’re doing. Their worst move of the past few years was probably bringing in RJ…and that wasn’t that bad of a move. They won 60+ games this year and George Hill was a pretty small part of that I think.

-Really. I like George Hill, but not a lottery pick, plus two other guys. we should have gotten their 29th and i would be cool with it.

-15 isn't lottery...

-do people understand what the "lottery" is? we were in the playoffs

-Lottery playes falling to us

-if he doesn't get picked in the lotto he's not a lottery player.
This isn’t complicated

-two? One is a career European player who will never come to the states, the other is a mid-second round pick who will probably never play!

-Nice video on Georgey

-Well Hill can step in and help right away

-Help what? Keep us at 35 wins and picking players that no one else wants except proven winning franchises in exchange for their scraps??? Yippee!!!

-What the hell is Leonard going to offer this team next year? Hill is an immediate and proven upgrade of what we have on our roster. How is that bad?

-What position? PG was probably our worst position last year.

-i was referring to how the wing position was our deepest

-WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski: The Celtics are working on a trade with the 25th pick, league sources tell Y!

-Come on Ainge! Marshon to the Pacers!

-The pick was Brooks. Fingers crossed. Don’t know why the Celtics would want to trade him for Rush.

-By the way, for those curious about Tom's whereabouts. The internet at the Fieldhouse is being flaky. I’ll try to get some battlefield quotes from him.

-WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski: Reggie Jackson never worked out for teams, never met with them, never provided physicals. He hid for two months. This shouldn’t be allowed.

-I completely agree. Him not working out is fine because of the knee. But he wouldn’t turn over his medical records. Immediate pass

-haven't you guys learned? Rush is here to stay. Forever. you can’t trade him. It isn’t possible. We will probably sign him to a 20 year contract after the lockout

-maybe rush is worth 2nd round pick??? Definately not a firtst right?

-Maybe some used Bubble Gum

-I cnt believe I rushed home from work to watch the pacers trade both picks to the damn spurs. I’am disgusted!!! Not offense to Hill

-Good news. George Hill doesn’t have to change his twitter name.

-Collison on Hill: “It’ll be good competition, which will only make us better. He’s a very good defender and he can play both guard spots.”

-JuJaun to Boston GET THAT RING JJ

-Bye bye Brooks and Johnson

-and lol at the pacers site acting like we still are picking 42.

-Chad Ford: Looks like Mavs have traded this pick too. This is nuts.

-DAL trading No. 26 to POR to acquire Rudy Fernandez, POR moving pick on to Denver in the Miller/Felton deal

-So, moving 42 means, to me, that we’re going to fill out the roster with actual proven players. big names are doubtful, but no scrub roster fillers like Solo. I can get behind that.

-That is what Lance is for

-Bring on the big STANK
-Very much expect The Stanko to be my new name

-All these trades and nothing else for the Pacers?

-@STEIN_LINE_HQ: Mavs are trading No. 26 to Portland to acquire Rudy Fernandez, w/ Por moving the pick on to Den in the Miller/Felton deal

-I doubt the Pacers do anything else. Fuckers

-Clearly don’t want a late first/second rounder

-Probably not competent enough to do anything else. George fucking Hill, that’s the best they could do? I like Hill, but he’s just a backup. We couldn’t do better?

-It's a weak draft. We got someone that’s still young. Proven. And can produce points. We need points. It’s a good trade.

-Larry Bird has made many bad moves. This trade is the worst yet

-This is not a bad trade. The more I read about Hill, the more I like his potential.

-I think. It’s a great trade. Kawhi, is a lowly rated short PF who wouldn’t be able to contribute at the NBA level, for a proven scorer and leader. Great move. I can’t believe there are people on here who don’t like this!

-Yeah, Kawhi is Hakim Warrick with a work ethic

-Marcus Thorton anyone?

-Hes restricted though

-BAD trade. We could have traded the 15th pick for the 24th pick and Eric Maynor, a true point guard.

-How do you know that?

-Haha. I’d rather have Hill.

-Why is that better? Maynor sucks. At least we got a proven good player. He was the fourth leading scorer and played nearly 30 minutes a game for the team with the second best record in the league.

-So the Wolves just trade half their team every year

-Larry Bird thinking he’s playing 2k11 with this trade. Wtf? George Hill?

-Seriously this guy has to be fired

-Miami has dealt for 28th and will take Norris Cole – per source.

-They had something to deal?

-Finals tears

-Are you kidding me? Did Stu Scott just completely forget how freaking terrible Boozer was the entire postseason?

-MikeWellsNBA: I get a laugh out of people who say Hill messes up Pacers chemistry. Don’t forget IND only won 37 games and had chem issues last season.

-Can we can trade George Hill for the #29 pick?!

-LOL

-George Hill. Played an integral part on the Sprus during the playoffs the past few years. We need experience. I think like it.

-The Spurs are better than the Pacers. Do we get Duncan because Hill benefitted from his presence? We do not have a low post player that commands double.

-They barely ran their offense through Duncan this year.

-Ok you are right. Trading a lottery pick and a second rounder for a backup point guard is a great deal.

-KAWHI IS NOT A LOTTERY PICK!

-He was supposed to go in the top 10. Just because he fell to us at 15 does not mean he does not have lottery talent.

-But it DOES mean that he wasn't a lottery pick. We could have drafted Kyrie Irving at 15 and he wouldn’t have been a lottery pick.

-I agree, the Pacers picked at 15. We need a backup point guard. But we need more than that. Gave up too much to acquire Hill. Way too much. Should have gotten the Spurs 29 also.

-For sure. There’s nothing that says we can’t just sit on him if SA won’t budge on the 29th.

-The 15th pick is not in the lottery

-I see a lot of potential in this trade. He’s still young. And he’s a proven scorer off the bench. I’m a little concerned about his FG%.

-this should really be our pick even if there’s not one guy I’d be comfortable giving a guaranteed deal

-kpelton: Minnesota has traded back four times? Is Bill Belichick running their draft

-Cory joseph's a solid sleeper. Needs a lot of development though

-Bilas is annoyed by Jon Barry.

-Bottom line on Hill. Would you give the 15th pick to a guy that's going to give you 25min a game GUARANTEED or not? How many 1st round picks play at? Think about it for a while and if it doesn’t make sense to you, go back to watching college ball.

-draft picks aren't always about the NOW though

-Agreed but we just made the playoffs. I would say we need more now, than later.

-We made the playoffs bc the east sucks more than anything.

-Now. Agreed. Good trade. I wanted new blood. But, Hill is young.

-MikeWellsNBA: Popovich is a big fan of Hill, that says a lot about George. I like the trade for the Pacers.

-Do you think Pop would trade a "big fan player" for something less? It says a LOT about Leonard. Don’t ya think?

-James Anderson the steal of the draft’s been awesome so far

-I like Hill too but we could have gotten more

-Anytime Spurs want to trade with you, just say NO. You will probably get fleeced.

-Scola says Hello from Houston

-I'm buying a George Hill jersey tomorrow. F you guys

-Would they start making them before its official?

-who's our last #3? Harrington? Yeah…don’t have one of those jersey

-Bird said after season they didn't need any more youth. Hill can get to the hoop and score as a utility guard and can play right now.

-And he's still young.

-I like this move... I hope were not done.

-I like it. I’d like it more if we didn’t throw in the 2nd pick.

-True. But chances are #42 ain’t ever going to see playing time. And I hope this guy proves me wrong

-Lance say hello.

-And I hope he proves me wrong too!

-I like this move. But, I do kinda feel like we could have gotten a little more. Something. A shiny nickel. IDK

-Stern takes the criticism well gotta admit. i like the guy

-It's easy when you're filthy rich.

-Interesting I thought he looked smarmy at best

-Rush to Miami PLEASE!

-Too bad we don't have 42 anymore. Could’ve gotten in on this.

-As a spurs fan who is also a pacers fan, let me just say – you have not really gotten a backup PG in hill. He’s a small SG really – he ran the point in san an, but wasn’t particularly great at it and truth be told, he may have already hit his ceiling. Having said that, I think like most spurs fans I’m sad to see him go.

-Thanks for the comment. Kinda mixed reviews here too

-Hit his ceiling? omg

-He’s 25… he is who he is.

-A lot of athletes enter their prime at 27

-If you threw him on a terrible team and gave him a licence to shoot, he could average 20+ a night i think. but in a properly structured offense, and especially in charge of point duties, he may not ever be much better than he is now. the spurs backup PG behind parker last year was a combo of hill, neal and ginobili. i think that says something about hill’s PG abilities.

-Bird talking to media around 11PM

-I'm crying inside.

-Makes me sick to my stomach.

-I woulda preferred we kept 42, but whatever Don’t care about Lorbek. Hill + PG’s a nice defensive duo. Just have to wait and see about Kawhi.

-Yeah, sucks about that.

-Hopefully Leonard sucks.

-It would suck if Kawhi became young McGrady

-Sounds like he has all the offense of Jeff Foster. If he becomes McGrady, the Spurs will be shocked.

-I hope you're not correct.

-This was a bit of a disappointment for me. I was hoping for more.

-Supposedly Morris, Jimmer, and Thompson were Larry’s three guys

-So, why didn't he have some better moves ready...in case they weren’t. Unless Hill unseats DC or plays 30mpg as PG/SG combo off the bench and we win 45 games…I’d rather keep Kawhi, have him bust, and be back in the lotto in 2012 then eek out another 8th seed. Did we really get any better?

-The team wins 37 games as a young team who's bound to improve. Without Leonard. I really and honestly can’t see a scenario in which a tweener who would get 10-15 poor minutes having a profoundly negatively effect on this team. None whatsoever

-bojan bogdanvic!

-Euro scout loving this Euro player

-WojYahooNBA: Nets bought the 31st pick from Minnesota for cash.

-We should've got that!

-I forgot George Hill had a 6'9 wingspan while being 6'2. That's pretty ridiculous.

-Oh good. I like these stats. Keep em coming.

-can he play power forward?

-who cares? Leonard can’t.

-A player selected at 29 could have.

-If he eats lots of burgers and miracle grow.

-We gave up too much. Point is George Hill is an undersized 2 that they moved to the one. The Pacers needed a big. They should have acquired a big with the Spurs 29 or the 42nd pick.

-They need scorers as well

-Indy's not looking for...A true PG. They’re looking for a scoring guard off the bench a la George Hill. Getting the 29 would have been nice, but you’re seriously overvaluing the 29th spot if you thought Indy could have gotten a major contributor at the 4 there.

-Don't get me wrong...I Like Hill and I am glad we upgraded our backup point guard position. Hill isn’t athletic enough to play the 2. Ultimately, you need help up front. I wanted to get good value for the 15th pick. Take a chance on a big at 29 and 42. One of the two probably would have worked out.

-Hill won't be a pure 2. Actually if we have PG (2) and DG (3) on the court. When DC is too small to guard someone like D Rose, bring in Hill. This move makes sense. DC is short and small. He’s super fast and has some great moves, but he’s tiny.

-I like that. No one can really guard Rose, but Hill's a better option than DC.

-Rose is nasty. PG did a decent job. But, Rose was disgusting. You can’t guard him. However, I really think Hill will shine with our oversized and overcrowded wing. PG is going to drive when DG doesn’t(does he ever go to the hole?). And Hill is a great option to have off the bench and still provide solid scoring. We need more proven scoring.

-Jason Quick: Called Andre Miller re: trade and left a message. The call back was from his mom. She had no idea he had been traded to Denver.

-Someone needs to draft and stash Bertans. Guy has game

-Maybe Larry has something up his sleeve...A bigger trade lined up.

-Would you do DC for Iggy?

-Salaries dont match and i woudln’t touch Iggy’s contract

-I figured this was just from a talent standpoint.

-Of course their would have to be more too it.

-Before Philly could hang up not that it’s at all possible or makes any sense

-DC,Posey,Price for Iggy and their second maybe.

-I hope there's more. But, for now we have a 11 ppg guy. Not bad for a draft pick.

-Like it but still a little torn. I think Hill will def get more minutes in the immediate future than Kawhi. I hope that if Leonard becomes something special that Paul George will help me forget about it. It just feels like we could have done better – not sure. Was it too much? I guess not. What is a second rounder anyway? Maybe we can still sign Magnum Rolle, lol. Hill improves us.

-Yes PG is gonna be nasty. Forget Leonard. PG is going to be sick this year. He has a great work ethic. And a great attitude. I can’t wait.

-There are still some decent players out there Greg Smith,Keith Benson Travis Leslie I think.

-Agreed. Too bad we traded away our pick.
-Shelvin Mack backing up John Wall

-Shelvin Mack just picked by the Wizards. Good for him. Go succeed!

-Wizards had a nice draft. Thug Life. It's a Pacers thing, you wouldn't get it.

-Dayum. Dallas gets Rudy Fernandez too? Good for them

-Actually forgot Peja played for them, with all the minutes he got in the finals and all… Fernandez is definitely an upgrade.

-He could fall to us...oh wait. I HATE BIRD!!!

TheDoctor
03-06-2016, 11:41 PM
CONT....

-Can't fight destiny

-Can destiny be his new nickname?

-Cockroach of Destiny perhaps?

-I think you guys are overrating Bird. He’s tradable. But, moving him for anything less than a 13th overall pick (or equal value) would mean Bird made a mistake…never going to happen.

-I get that feeling too.

-May as well go buy his jersey

-We just give our hand away when there is a player we want to trade. Ford, Tinsley, Rush. Fuck, for once, can we please stop saying so many negative things about our players. Of course no one will trade for them, when they know we’ll just let them go.

-Mirotic's gonna be huge for Chicago in 2/3 years heard it here first

-Who cares about Chicago?

-Don't know if he's "stuck" with a big buyout or anything, just not ready. but going to be really really good, top 15 type guy next year.

-Let's hope not. fuck chicago.

-Shit...I’d love to take Morris at 42. I think he can be about as good as Hill.

-No kidding. A damn shame about Morris.

-Guess his lack of speed is scaring teams away.

-As a Michigan fan I’m crying a little inside

-As a MSU fan, I'm extremely happy back to back now with Manny Harris last year. You guys could have been very good next year.

-Sobbing inside now Thanks for the reminder!

-Chad Ford: RT @GoodmanCBS: Jeremy Tyler being selected by Charlotte – sources told CBSSports.com.

-Tokyo Apache???? Is that like Tom Cruise playing “The Last Samurai”?

-That franchise is pretty bad shape after the earthquake ate up their sponsership. Last I heard they aren’t having a 2011-12 season.

-Charlotte's done pretty well tonight Biyombo, Kemba, J. Tyler…too bad they had to take on Maggette to make it all happen.

-maggette with 12 ft's a game via flops, i hate that dude

-Brandon Rush

-Kemba.

-Well...Maggette will for his usual 50 games or so. Kemba may put some points on the board. Other than that? I’m stumped.

-Think there's some pics of MJ...wearing Skethcers shape ups.

-Trade with Houston Bird and get Tyler

-Hill career nighthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMXC40KXIiI

-Not really that impresive.

-Yes it is. You’re blind.

-I want Jeremy Tyler

-Still have a shot at Shelby and Morris. Not like we need either of them at this point.

-If we are to believe Born Ready is the future and AJ is the past

-god i hate that nickname

-I like it...doesn’t say what he’s ready for though. Could be ready to ride the pine. I like my Basketball players and their nicknames to be versitile.

-Well put. You fooled me with your “glass half empty” critique of the trade. You really are a “glass half full” type of guy!

-So who will it be Keith Benson, Greg Smith, Rick Jackson?
-Chad Ford Tyler is talented but a project. Sort of a poor man's Bismack Biyombo. Funny they both land in Charlotte

-And neither one can shoot. LOL Jordan truly is a tool.

-What more can you ask for talent wise from a draft. We get a young, proven player who can play both guard spots. In a draft where many questioned the talent, how can you want or expect more? And personally, its nice to have such a talented guy from Indy. And as far as giving away too much, when is the last time a pacers 2nd round pick made the team and contributed more than lines in the local police report.

-Plus. We still have some young talent that should develop. It is solid.

-Great posts.

-Well on the bright side...If one of the Morris twins would have dropped, they would be a Pacer.

-*shutters*

-I guess that’s one way of looking at it. Just not a good draft by Bird and Moorway. I would have just drafted Brooks or Singleton and kept the pick. Not being able to move Rush is a downer too, or just not being able to acquire another 1st rounder.

-Out of all the proposed trades and players we could have drafted tonight...We get George Hill. Excuse me for being underwhelmed. This sucks.

-Excuse me for saying your counter options are also underwhelming.
-Think is calling Bird about George Hill?

-Um...he just traded for him, probably not right now.

-so given the option between having George Hill and JuJuan Johnson on your team..You’d take Johnson? Just want to get this straight.

-Yes. JuJuan Johnson is the one player I wanted in this trade.

-Magnum Rolle was close enough.

-Far better than the alternative of trading for Corey Maggette or John Salmons.

-Mos def. George Hill is good. He will help us. FACT

-It's a good trade. I mean we don’t have the guns to get a big name guy. I’m still fuming over Mayo trade. Imagine where we would be right now. Let’s appreciate Hill. He’s going to bring talent. Proven talent. In a shaky draft. Nothing was guaranteed in the draft. And we PG who is going to be very good next year.

-Pacers are totally better after this trade in nba 2k11.... just sayin

-We are better. Any time you go from Price to Hill you are upgrading big time the thing to debate is:
a) did we give up too much and not get enough back (lose our second pick or not get the spurs pick)
b) is Kwahli going to be better than Hill in 2 years?
c) could we not find a way back into the draft to get someone like Brooks

-I don't know about getting back into the draft…but the answer to your first two questions is only time will tell.

-Yeah. Time is on our side though. We have PG and he’s our breakthrough talent. We needed a solid guy. Not another SF with potential. We have that already. BIG TIME!

-I'm no fan of A.J. but wasn’t he ridiculously under-rated in 2k11? Like a 52?

-Man how lucky are the lakers.

-Get you some Darius Not a lot of competition at PG with the Lakers

-Jeremy Tyler to the Warriors

-I'd hope we can actually keep this pick.

-ESPN saying the Pacers have the pick doesn’t really mean anything though…

-They still make the pick, but trade it to San Antonio

-Pick is Bertans To SA

-FUUUUUUUU

-Thought we kept the 42?

-NO, they screwed us. 15, 42, Lorbek for George fucking Hill

-I'm not seeing Lorbeck included. Doesn’t mean he is not…

-Bertans

-Well that assures its the Spurs. Davis Bertans
-Bird is talking after last pick in draft FYI

-Last pick overall? Or this 42nd?

-Bah horse shit. F*CK, this draft officially sucks.

-There were not many exciting moves from us, but we got better for sure.

-Don’t see how Hill makes us better to be honest. Maybe a win or two.

-I think you are way overvaluing the 15th pick in a weak draft
-Davis Bertans goes 42 to the Spurs as part of the Pacers/ George Hill trade. HATE this. Bertans can shoot.

-After this draft I dont trust Larry to spend money wisely in FA. Just spending money does not guarantee that you will improve your team. This is a young team anyway and I think they are better off building this team through the draft.

-Using a weak draft is not building.

-So pretend we drafted George Hill? I mean, I don’t suspect this team is going to do be doing a whole lot this summer. Not only with the lockout, but with the overall talent available compared to what next year looks like, we’re going to be growing largely with what we have. We’re not going to Detroit/Milwaukee ourselves.

-I guess. Hill is like a pick. He's only 24. And he's proven he can score. I agree. I don’t see us signing a big name in FA. Bird has been low risk, high reward. We got to the playoffs after a terrible first half of the year. I think we can only improve on 37 next year.

-George Hill was planning to play in Carlos Knox summer league at IUPUI.

-Speedy Claxton? Haven’t heard that name in about five years.

-WojYahooNBA: The Knicks will select Josh Harrelson with the 45th pick, source says. Hornets sold to Knicks.

Chad Ford: See the draft is deep. Still good value at 44.

-I bet in 3 years...When Hill is half way through his next contract…Kwahi Leonard and/or Davis Bertans will be a better player. And we will not have won a playoff series. Sometimes I like to do this just so I can feel good about being right or wrong.

-I cringed. Thanks for the typo fix. I’m not worried about Leonard being a better player. PG is going to be better than Leonard.

-But at least you’ll get to hear Bird say, “we got the player we wanted. A real good player”

-HAHA Thats EXACTLY what he will say. Nicely done.

-Shit... I’d have heard that if he’d drafted you (or me). Also, I’m sure we’re “very close to making the next step” and “just a few pieces away” Very tired of his shit. Bird is good at being safe. We need a risk taker b/c I’m sick of being a team that can surprise good teams, but never win more than they lose.

-That's being a Pacers fan. That’s building. We have great pieces right now. PG, DG, DC, and RH. All young. That’s a good thing.

-we did take George and Stephenson last year....

-Last year wasn't drafted on risk?

-Good point. And this risk is paying off. I really like PG.

-Those are assumptions. Indy probably never would have drafted Kawhi had they not traded with SA. And since the Lorbek/Stanko days, they’ve stayed away from Euros. You will be comparing Hill to a couple of guys who probably never would have been associated with Indy had it not been for the trade.

-I have to say poor Leonard looked absolutely clueless in his interview.. Did anyone else notice that? I was like, this dude is HIGH or just so out of it.

-Not impressed by Leonard. Not the kind of guy I would want to add to a young team. You knew he would be traded as soon as he was picked.

-Agreed. He was high.

-But, you'd think we could get something better for the future...than a player that won’t crack the starting lineup before he decides he wants to be on a winning team and walks next summer?

-Do you have a suggestion? Who is better?

-Saying he wont crack the starting lineup is debatable. Regardless, he played nearly 30 minutes a game for the San Antonio Spurs past two seasons. He’s going to get plenty of PT.

-He was also Pop’s favorite player who was on the floor at the end of games.

-This was really an awful draft. I'm having a hard time getting excited about any of the new rooks..

-Don't forget Selby supposedly better than Irving this time last year

-Shelby wants to go back to school.

-I'm not sure...why they use Jay Bilas’ big board. He had Charles Jenkins as the 7th best player in the draft. Just a little out of touch?

-WojYahooNBA: The Knicks paid $1 million to the Hornets for the 45th pick, source says. The NBA owns the Hornets now.

-Whenever that's allowed...Thomas could be undrafted and I really like his energy. Played C for SDSU, but he’d be a lightweight PF here.

-Didn't we almost draft a guy like that at 15?

-yep...smh.

-He even has cornrows like Leonard...

-Travis Leslie is a DWade light. Super Athletic, averaged 7 boards as a 6’4" shooting guard. He just needs to work on his shot.

-Fred Jones was picked 14th overall...and played some valuable minutes on a playoff team…I’d say that’s good value in a “weak” draft.

-Hawks will draft Shelby. I don’t think they care for Teague.
-Chad Ford: Concerns about Josh Selby’s medical is causing him to slide.

-Didn’t concern people about Reggie Jackson. I didn’t even know there were health issues with Shelby. Is it a heart problem?

-I want Mayo I still can’t sleep at night because that trade fell through.

-Since we have Hill. Mayo becomes redundant.

-You think Hill will play the 2?

-I think he'll split time between point and shooting guard.

-He's a 2 only Spurs used Manu to run the offense, mostly, when Parker was out of the games

-Good point.

-Kawhi Leonard. Doesn’t matter now. But I did not know much about him because it seemed there was little chance he would fall to us. The more I learn about him, the more I realize why mock drafts had him as a lottery pick. I don't know. Maybe Kawhi was the chosen one? Cornrows? He has a huge wingspan, large hands, had 23 double doubles last season, and has worked hard to improve his shooting range. Wish we could get that guy or Charles Jenkins. Maybe we can trade George Hil to them?

-^LOL

-We would have been better off with Brooks or Singleton, or better yet, just trade out of the draft.

-how is brooks better than hill?

-Brooks is actually tall enough to play shooting guard, can create his own shot, has super long arms and can play defense.I know Hill can do much of the same, but the dude is a SG in a points body.

-there are a lot of players who are taller than hill in the league who aren’t half as productive. we just got a proven commodity. a good young one at that.

-Didn't we essentially trade out of the draft? Traded both our picks for a player?

-Future pick.

-there was a future pick?

-I don't think we traded a future pick.

-I'd have rather had...the 29th, a top 10-14 protected 2012 pick from San Antonio and kept the 42nd than George Hill. Which probably speaks more to the underwhelming lack of value for Hill thatn the lack of value of Leonard.

-And I would've rather had Hill than the 29th, another 29th next year, and this year’s 42.

-yep, still true people fall in love with potential

-^see top of draft

-Yeah...probably only 1 out of 10 of those “potential guys” ever pan out to be very good…then again, only 1 out of 30 teams can win a championship…Seems worth while to me. Or we could play it safe and never drop below 30 wins…or above 40.

-You should calm down...go to sleep...wake up tomorrow happier

-Smith's got an NBA body...would be much cheaper to buy his pick than bring over Stanko, who doesn't or overspend on Dalembert, etc. We need PF/C depth in a BAD way.

-there goes 80% of what Klay Thompson does 45 picks later or whatever

-at least he was gone as well god I can’t believe Bird wanted thompson, morris, or jimmer. take about a shitty draft board IMO

-I was as shocked as you I’d forgotten he existed. He’s like a fat Kris Humphries, only he probably can’t pull hot chicks.

-Why hasn't our pick become official? Can they not agree on something?

-Maybe Bird really wants Davis Bertans...IDK. You’re right, there is no official indication that #42 went to SAS, just #15

-LOL

-Come on guys. Hibberts gonna beast and average 14 a night.

-If he gains 50 pounds. And can learn how to dunk and not wear dresses. And not get blocked by a point guard named Rose. And be a fierce competitor like he was at the beginning of last season.

-GEORGE HILL

-ftw

-LOL

-Kawhi Leonard...oh...nevermind...

-Open a big can of STANKO

-Always room on the Cavs for fugly Europeans Big Z worked out so well. The fans probably miss having one around.

-Tom Brady went to the Pats and I still can’t stand them!

-Lakers had a lot of 2nd rounders.

-we had kendra now we need khloe

-weren’t we just talking about our rebounding need? we could have a trifecta of reality wives.

-I'm sure Lamar...can muff an onside kick with the best of ’em.

-Yeah. Sure, why not. I like Morris and Odom is a solid enough player.

-I'm out. GEORGE HILL IS GOING TO DUNK ALL OVER KAWHI LEONARD

-Time to go to bed. Gn fellas. Thanks for the convo. Really great to share my Pacer love all the way from NYC. This is Hammond, Indiana signing off. Cheers!

-Good night. My wife wants to “snuggle”…so I guess I’m goint to go up stairs and get “San Antonio’d” by the wifey. Here’s to George Hill proving me right like Hibbert and Tyler…at their ceiling they will be solid NBA players that will keep us at the .500 range and out of draft contention for a top, franchise changing player. We now are all in with this roster. otherwise tonight was a complete waste. If Hill can play the Jason Terry role of SG/PG off the bench or supplant DC and Darren can still be productive off the bench we just need a PF/C to be in contention for another bottom 4 seed.

-GN. Go Pacers.

-All I have to say is Brandon Rush was not traded, we didn’t get a scorer, and George Hill will do no better than Collison (he was a product of the sys with the Spurs like Collison w/ the Hornets). Oh and Bird assumes to much in free agency. We will have to over pay someone to come here and if they don’t we are looking at d-league players. Way to go Bird…had so much hope you could pull of a bit more.

-THE TRADE..(as it has become to be know). The only problem i have with it is that i think we could have gotten it cheaper. I think we could have saved our 2nd rounder or maybe even gotten rid of rush, or possible even gotten San Antonio 1st rounder in return…. what does everyone think of the trade with these parameters instead? i bet a lot more of you would like it…..

Gagnrath
03-07-2016, 12:02 AM
What kills me is that the lot of them were dissing the Idea of Hill being a productive player for them. That wasn't the problem at all. Hibbert losing his mind, Granger breaking down and a inconsistent supporting cast killed them. Paul George did blank a year because of the leg injury. Honestly though kahwi wouldn't have developed behind George and he wouldn't have played behind a top 10 player in the league at the same position.

All Mighty Janitor
03-07-2016, 12:37 AM
There is lots of funny stuff in here.

Spurtacular
03-07-2016, 12:38 AM
TBF, it doesn't seem like anyone was doing cart wheels over GH; and some were pretty pissed about the trade. But yea, about 80-85 percent were indifferent or not that against the trade.

Solid D
03-07-2016, 12:38 AM
Hopefully Leonard sucks.

-It would suck if Kawhi became young McGrady

-Sounds like he has all the offense of Jeff Foster. If he becomes McGrady, the Spurs will be shocked.

-I hope you're not correct.

Kawhi is better than McGrady. :)

Old School 44
03-07-2016, 01:58 AM
Always fun to re-visit that draft. The Spurs were so fortunate. Seeing Jimmer chosen at 10, 5 spots above Kawhi, for some reason makes me smile. :lol I wonder if any of those guys chosen before Kawhi were available at 15, would the Spurs have taken them instead? Also, was Jimmy Butler even considered before they took Cory Joseph at 29. Yeah, I know, it's hindsight.

:claw

2011 NBA Draft first round selections

1 Kyrie Irving
2 Derrick Williams
3 Enes Kanter
4 Tristan Thompson
5 Jonas Valančiūnas
6 Jan Veselý
7 Bismack Biyombo
8 Brandon Knight
9 Kemba Walker
10 Jimmer Fredette
11 Klay Thompson
12 Alec Burks
13 Markieff Morris
14 Marcus Morris
15 Kawhi Leonard
16 Nikola Vučević
17 Iman Shumpert
18 Chris Singleton
19 Tobias Harris
20 Donatas Motiejūnas
21 Nolan Smith
22 Kenneth Faried
23 Nikola Mirotić
24 Reggie Jackson
25 MarShon Brooks
26 Jordan Hamilton
27 JaJuan Johnson
28 Norris Cole
29 Cory Joseph
30 Jimmy Butler

OrEmuN
03-07-2016, 02:16 AM
This is funny.

-I have to say poor Leonard looked absolutely clueless in his interview.. Did anyone else notice that? I was like, this dude is HIGH or just so out of it.
-Agreed. He was high.

turkish spurs fan
03-07-2016, 02:41 AM
if kawhi were in indiana roster (or play for another nba team), he would not be kawhi leonard today.

FaM0us Skins
03-07-2016, 02:51 AM
Lol this one is hilarious.

-Definitely.2010 – Larry Sanders, 2009 – Austin Daye, 2008 – Robin Lopez, 2007 – Rodney Stuckey, 2006 – Cedric Simmons
At least four of those are better than Leonard, and not one of them is saving any franchise, especially proven by Detroit’s 30-52 season last year.

Ice009
03-07-2016, 03:52 AM
Always fun to re-visit that draft. The Spurs were so fortunate. Seeing Jimmer chosen at 10, 5 spots above Kawhi, for some reason makes me smile. :lol I wonder if any of those guys chosen before Kawhi were available at 15, would the Spurs have taken them instead? Also, was Jimmy Butler even considered before they took Cory Joseph at 29. Yeah, I know, it's hindsight.

I did read somewhere that the Spurs were looking at Jimmy Butler, so they may have taken him if they didn't get Kawhi. I think them getting Kawhi made them look at PGs since they traded George Hill. Should have just went with Butler anyway and looked for a PG in free agency.

will_spurs
03-07-2016, 04:11 AM
Actually there were quite a few posters there with good takes. But they really undervalued Hill as well: Indiana went from a 37-win team, barely making the playoffs, to 42, 49 and 56 wins in the next 3 seasons, reaching the ECF twice, and with Hill leading them in Win shares in that 49-win season.

What really makes me laugh is the number of posters fascinated by JaJuan Johnson who played a grand total of 298 minutes in the NBA :D

100%duncan
03-07-2016, 04:20 AM
Didnt read all but I sometimes go to PacersDigest and it always giggles me when they talk about Kawhi and what could've been. Ahhh, hindsight is a bitch,

Mal
03-07-2016, 05:48 AM

1 Kyrie Irving
2 Derrick Williams
3 Enes Kanter
4 Tristan Thompson
5 Jonas Valančiūnas
6 Jan Veselý
7 Bismack Biyombo
8 Brandon Knight
9 Kemba Walker
10 Jimmer Fredette
11 Klay Thompson
12 Alec Burks
13 Markieff Morris
14 Marcus Morris
15 Kawhi Leonard
16 Nikola Vučević
17 Iman Shumpert
18 Chris Singleton
19 Tobias Harris
20 Donatas Motiejūnas
21 Nolan Smith
22 Kenneth Faried
23 Nikola Mirotić
24 Reggie Jackson
25 MarShon Brooks
26 Jordan Hamilton
27 JaJuan Johnson
28 Norris Cole
29 Cory Joseph
30 Jimmy Butler

That draft wasnt that bad. You`ve got 4 all-stars, serviceable bigs, couple roles. There were bad picks, bad only that after them came players like Leonard, Thompson or Butler.

will_spurs
03-07-2016, 06:19 AM
That draft wasnt that bad. You`ve got 4 all-stars, serviceable bigs, couple roles. There were bad picks, bad only that after them came players like Leonard, Thompson or Butler.

Actually I find it even better than that. Guys like Valanciunas, Vucevic, Mirotic or Faried are more than mere "serviceable" bigs (that would be Markieff Morris, Biyombo, Tristan Thompson or Motiejunas), they are solid players at their position and they all average almost a double-double, with some strong scoring ability in some cases. And guys like Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker are legit starters.

I'm quite surprised at how many players from this draft are still in the league and really producing for their teams. And at how many good to decent bigs there were. That makes it even worse for Indiana in a way because they really needed a big and they were a dime a dozen in that draft.

spursparker9
03-07-2016, 06:42 AM
Man, what would happen if we draft Jimmy Butler instead of Cory.

Butler at SG and Kawhi at SF. Wow

Mal
03-07-2016, 07:05 AM

Yeah, but that had no chances to happen. We had Green, James Anderson and I probably Gary Neal was around. Meanwhile Parker`s backup was Mills.

TheDoctor
03-07-2016, 08:04 AM

1 Kyrie Irving
2 Derrick Williams
3 Enes Kanter
4 Tristan Thompson
5 Jonas Valančiūnas
6 Jan Veselý
7 Bismack Biyombo
8 Brandon Knight
9 Kemba Walker
10 Jimmer Fredette
11 Klay Thompson
12 Alec Burks
13 Markieff Morris
14 Marcus Morris
15 Kawhi Leonard
16 Nikola Vučević
17 Iman Shumpert
18 Chris Singleton
19 Tobias Harris
20 Donatas Motiejūnas
21 Nolan Smith
22 Kenneth Faried
23 Nikola Mirotić
24 Reggie Jackson
25 MarShon Brooks
26 Jordan Hamilton
27 JaJuan Johnson
28 Norris Cole
29 Cory Joseph
30 Jimmy Butler

Some of the things that struck me the most were:
1) Their infatuation with JaJuan Johnson.
2) Some of the members indeed wanting Davis Bertans (which the Spurs took it from Indy's 2nd rnd pick as well).
3) Numerous members trashing Larry Bird's GM capabilities.

Nowadays it kinda easy to make the assumption that the 2011 Draft wasn't weak at all. You've at least 18 solid starters/rotational players in the 1st round and 7 (Including Parsons at 38 & Isaiah Thomas at 60) starters/rotational players in the 2nd. That's 25 out of 60 (42%).

100%duncan
03-07-2016, 08:13 AM
Yeah, but that had no chances to happen. We had Green, James Anderson and I probably Gary Neal was around. Meanwhile Parker`s backup was Mills.

Green Butler Kawhi Holy fuck :lol

Although there's always that question if Danny and Kawhi would have blossomed to the players that they are if we had butler and vice versa

Mal
03-07-2016, 08:13 AM
Some of the things that struck me the most were:
1) Their infatuation with JaJuan Johnson.
2) Some of the members indeed wanting Davis Bertans (which the Spurs took it from Indy's 2nd rnd pick as well).
3) Numerous members trashing Larry Bird's GM capabilities.

Nowadays it kinda easy to make the assumption that the 2011 Draft wasn't weak at all. You've at least 18 solid starters/rotational players in the 1st round and 7 (Including Parsons at 38 & Isaiah Thomas at 60) starters/rotational players in the 2nd. That's 25 out of 60 (42%).

Norris Cole is still playing in NBA as rotational player.Same goes for Derrick Williams and Biyombo. Alec Burks also is NBA player, but he is currently injured.

TheDoctor
03-07-2016, 08:21 AM
Norris Cole is still playing in NBA as rotational player.Same goes for Derrick Williams and Biyombo. Alec Burks also is NBA player, but he is currently injured.

Yup. You are correct.

So that makes 22 serviceable players in the 1st round alone.

Old School 44
03-07-2016, 08:26 AM
if kawhi were in indiana roster (or play for another nba team), he would not be kawhi leonard today.
I agree. Makes me wonder if the Spurs selected someone like Derrick Williams, Enes Kanter or Tristan Thomas how much different their games would be.

will_spurs
03-07-2016, 08:27 AM

Motiejunas is also back in Houston's starting lineup.

BillMc
03-07-2016, 08:28 AM
For the first couple years this was always cited as an example of a "win-win" trade i.e both teams benefited. But as the Pacers have fallen back into the pack and Kawhi ascended to an MVP candidate it is becoming more of a joke and obvious that RC fleeced Larry Legend.

BillMc
03-07-2016, 08:32 AM

1 Kyrie Irving
2 Derrick Williams
3 Enes Kanter
4 Tristan Thompson
5 Jonas Valančiūnas
6 Jan Veselý
7 Bismack Biyombo
8 Brandon Knight
9 Kemba Walker
10 Jimmer Fredette
11 Klay Thompson
12 Alec Burks
13 Markieff Morris
14 Marcus Morris
15 Kawhi Leonard
16 Nikola Vučević
17 Iman Shumpert
18 Chris Singleton
19 Tobias Harris
20 Donatas Motiejūnas
21 Nolan Smith
22 Kenneth Faried
23 Nikola Mirotić
24 Reggie Jackson
25 MarShon Brooks
26 Jordan Hamilton
27 JaJuan Johnson
28 Norris Cole
29 Cory Joseph
30 Jimmy Butler

If you redid that draft today who is your Top 5?

1. Kawhi
2. Kyrie
3. Butler
4. Klay
5. A lot guys could go here, but I'll be a homer and go with Cory. Probably should be Tristan Thompson though.

will_spurs
03-07-2016, 08:34 AM
For the first couple years this was always cited as an example of a "win-win" trade i.e both teams benefited. But as the Pacers have fallen back into the pack and Kawhi ascended to an MVP candidate it is becoming more of a joke and obvious that RC fleeced Larry Legend.

It's easy to look at trades 4+ years down the road, though. So many things happened in the meanwhile (playoffs experience, team chemistry, player development, injuries, playing time opportunities...) that it's almost meaningless, except to gloat.

PG made Kawhi redundant for them and they needed a player who could contribute immediately, not a project, so yes it was a win-win trade. It could easily have gone the other way. And I remember that not everybody here was pleased to see GHill go for a shy, goofy rookie forward.

100%duncan
03-07-2016, 08:36 AM
I agree. Makes me wonder if the Spurs selected someone like Derrick Williams, Enes Kanter or Tristan Thomas how much different their games would be.

I dont know, but what I know is that Tim and Pop will still have only 4 rings today.

will_spurs
03-07-2016, 08:39 AM

1. Kawhi
2. Kyrie
3. Butler
4. Klay
5. A lot guys could go here, but I'll be a homer and go with Cory. Probably should be Tristan Thompson though.

I'd say Vucevic, easily, he's a 15 & 10 center shooting better than 50%.

Vucevic > Thompson > Faried > Kemba >>> CoJo.

TheDoctor
03-07-2016, 08:49 AM

1. Kawhi
2. Kyrie
3. Butler
4. Klay
5. Vucevic/Tobias/Thompson/Isaiah/Parsons/Kemba/Faried

horsielove
03-07-2016, 09:01 AM
I remember back then, this draft class was considered weak and the only safe future star pick was Irving. 'Experts' were also high on Vesely because he was an athletic European player :lol .

Old School 44
03-07-2016, 09:39 AM

1. Kawhi
2. Kyrie
3. Butler
4. Klay
Man you are a homer! :lol
I like Cory, but there's a few I would put in front of him. Thompson, Faried, Harris, Mirotić, before they got injured, Motiejūnas and Shumpert to name a few from the first round. Like someone mentioned, Chandler Parsons and Isaiah Thomas also were picked in the second round.

turkish spurs fan
03-07-2016, 10:26 AM

enes kanter is not a good character, lazy, muppet show, no defense. he cant be fixed. pop would kick his ass asap i think.

Mal
03-07-2016, 10:37 AM

I can talk about Williams, but I dont know his work ethic. In college he was freak athlete, but a tweener, without proven jump shot. If he`d put same amout of work as Kawhi, well who knows.

Drom John
03-07-2016, 11:28 AM
2011 draft by WS:

1) Kawhi Leonard
2) Jimmy Butler
3) Isaiah Thomas
4) Kyrie Irving
5) Kenneth Faried
6) Klay Thompson
7) Chandler Parsons
8) Tristan Thompson
9) Jonas Valanciunas
10) Nikola Vucevic
11) Kemba Walker
12) Reggie Jackson
13) Enes Kanter
14) Tobias Harris
15) Markieff Morris
16) Marcus Morris
17) Bismack Biyombo
18) Derrick Williams
19) Cory Joseph
20) Lavoy Allen
21) Brandon Knight
22) Kyle Singler
23) Iman Shumpert
24) Alec Burks
25) Niloka Mirotic (with a bullet)
26) Jon Leuer
27) Donatas Montiejunas
28) Shelvin Mack
29) E'Tuan Moore
30) Jan Vesely

buttsR4rebounding
03-07-2016, 11:31 AM
2011 draft by WS:

1) Kawhi Leonard
2) Jimmy Butler
3) Isaiah Thomas
4) Kyrie Irving
5) Kenneth Faried
6) Klay Thompson
7) Chandler Parsons
8) Tristan Thompson
9) Jonas Valanciunas
10) Nikola Vucevic
11) Kemba Walker
12) Reggie Jackson
13) Enes Kanter
14) Tobias Harris
15) Markieff Morris
16) Marcus Morris
17) Bismack Biyombo
18) Derrick Williams
19) Cory Joseph
20) Lavoy Allen
21) Brandon Knight
22) Kyle Singler
23) Iman Shumpert
24) Alec Burks
25) Niloka Mirotic (with a bullet)
26) Jon Leuer
27) Donatas Montiejunas
28) Shelvin Mack
29) E'Tuan Moore
30) Jan Vesely

:lol

TheMulletMan3000
03-07-2016, 11:43 AM

Is that the worst mistake that PATFO made?

TheMulletMan3000
03-07-2016, 11:52 AM

Of course Pop/Spurs maximized his potential, but that doesn't mean he would be a scrub on another team. He is the only player the Spurs traded up in the draft to get which means that they knew he's talented.

TheMulletMan3000
03-07-2016, 12:02 PM

1. Kawhi
2. Kyrie
3. Butler
4. Klay

Kyrie, IMO, is the one of the most overrated players. His only value is getting to the basket. His defense is awful and he is pretty stupid for a PG.
Cory will always be one of my favourite players. He doesn't do anything spectacular but he always does the right thing and plays within his limits. That is a rare thing, especially with a young PG.
Like the list, but Butler should go second and Klay third. Cory 5-10.

jyra
03-07-2016, 12:05 PM
It's too bad that Lorbek's knee injury killed his career. He was playing quite well before that. His lack of defense was always going to limit his usefulness but he could score in a variety of ways.

Spurs9
03-07-2016, 12:07 PM
Did you compile that entire list tbh? :lol

Chinook
03-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Is that the worst mistake that PATFO made?

There'd be no LMA right now, so I don't see it as much of a mistake. Plus, if Butler and Rose can't seem to share the ball, how could Butler, Parker and Kawhi do so? You already have people PMSing about Kawhi not getting enough touches as it is.

TheMulletMan3000
03-07-2016, 12:24 PM
There'd be no LMA right now, so I don't see it as much of a mistake. Plus, if Butler and Rose can't seem to share the ball, how could Butler, Parker and Kawhi do so? You already have people PMSing about Kawhi not getting enough touches as it is.

:lol Don't know, but Butler seems to me like the perfect Spur. It's important that the players aren't PMSing about the number of touches.

wildbill2u
03-07-2016, 12:26 PM
I'd love to see a similar post of comments from this site about the trade for Kwahi. As I recall, a lot of us were mystified by the FO trading a proven player to get an unknown defensive guy with not much offense.

One of the funniest lines went like this: If San Antonio comes to you with a trade, say no. You're gonna get fleeced.

But another guy went one better. "Good night. My wife wants to “snuggle”…so I guess I’m goint to go up stairs and get “San Antonio’d” by the wifey."