PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: I don't why Lakers fans take offense to me calling Russell the next Andre Miller?

midnightpulp
03-08-2016, 10:24 PM
Nigga just put up 13 easy points on 5-6 shooting against Rubio, the best defensive PG in the league...at 40 fuckin' years old!

Like Miller, what D'Bust (not really a proper name, but it's humorous) lacks in quickness and athleticism, he makes up for in size, length, and court vision (supposedly Russell is good here). There's some differences. Miller was never a threat from deep, like D'Bust, and Russell doesn't have a post game like Miller, but both fit the big, kind of slow, PG mold.

Granted, Russell is still probably the 4th/5th best player of this draft class (potential wise), but I think he'll have a similar lengthy career like Miller, and has potential to be a key rotation player on a good/great team for years to come. Not a centerpiece, but definitely a future as a solid PG for a decade plus.

:toast to Andre Miller 1.1

Thread
03-08-2016, 10:27 PM
Nigga just put up 13 easy points on 5-6 shooting against Rubio, the best defensive PG in the league...at 40 fuckin' years old!

Like Miller, what D'Bust (not really a proper name, but it's humorous) lacks in quickness and athleticism, he makes up for in size, length, and court vision (supposedly Russell is good here). There's some differences. Miller was never a threat from deep, like D'Bust, and Russell doesn't have a post game like Miller, but both fit the big, kind of slow, PG mold.

Granted, Russell is still probably the 4th/5th best player of this draft class (potential wise), but I think he'll have a similar lengthy career like Miller, and has potential to be a key rotation player on a good/great team for years to come. Not a centerpiece, but definitely a future as a solid PG for years to come.

:toast to Andre Miller 1.1

Rubio isn't even an NBA caliber talent, Midst.

midnightpulp
03-08-2016, 10:28 PM

He's the 4th most impactful PG in the league. Don't focus on his terrible jumper. Rubio is basically Jason Kidd-lite (who you probably consider a loser).

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM/position/1

Bynumite
03-08-2016, 10:40 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/tDOwHqLWykZgI/giphy.gif

Thread
03-08-2016, 10:48 PM
He's the 4th most impactful PG in the league. Don't focus on his terrible jumper. Rubio is basically Jason Kidd-lite (who you probably consider a loser).

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM/position/1

Midst, he's a piece of shit.

AlexJones
03-08-2016, 11:09 PM
BREAKING: CUBBY IN CHARGE OF TALENT EVALUATION

InTheCrust
03-08-2016, 11:12 PM
except he's not.

BD24
03-08-2016, 11:22 PM
What happened cub? Did Rubio fuck your daughter or something?

Thread
03-08-2016, 11:40 PM
What happened cub? Did Rubio fuck your daughter or something?

I ain't buyin' it, that's all. A professional, yes, but, not NBA level.

StrengthAndHonor
03-09-2016, 12:22 AM

:lol

03-09-2016, 01:30 AM
Oddly satisfying

03-09-2016, 01:32 AM

Kawhitstorm
03-09-2016, 03:45 AM

Dwert/LeBrick have never been accused of being great postup players so that bodes well for him.:wakeup

Thread
03-09-2016, 03:50 AM
Dwert/LeBrick have never been accused of being great postup players so that bodes well for him.:wakeup

Howard was accused of it, just couldn't get a conviction to save our lives. I had to turn the channel a lot, or, look up at the ceiling.

Killakobe81
03-09-2016, 07:20 AM

A poster here of some renown used to argue,that metrics showed LeBron was one of the best post players in the modern NBA ...i always argued that he was effective due to size and vision but his post moves were robotic but improving ...

Relevancy
03-09-2016, 10:15 AM
6/8 games he scored more than 20+, now take it however you want but he's showing he can put the ball in the basket, and the funny thing is it looks like he scores them like nothing.. and he's just 19 years old, I don't care about the future and right now the Lakers seen to have a youngster with promise

Killakobe81
03-09-2016, 10:54 AM
6/8 games he scored more than 20+, now take it however you want but he's showing he can put the ball in the basket, and the funny thing is it looks like he scores them like nothing.. and he's just 19 years old, I don't care about the future and right now the Lakers seen to have a youngster with promise

I am not ready to call him a legit "star" or "stud" ...let's just just stick with what we know. He has talent and has shown that on every level so far ... and he is not a bust. A case can still be made though, but it's shrinking ... for the Lakers taking Porzy, Oak, or even Mudiay/Turner ...but Spurfans that are so eager to say "bust" were flat out wrong. Anyone with a true hoops brain can see that it would be tough for any rookie to display their talent with volume shooters like Kobe and Low Williams getting the majority of minutes. But from what we have seen lately even if he has some similarities to Andre Miller (that is not a fair comparison to either guy. Miller was a true PG and Russ is more athletic and more of a scorerthan Andre.) As a rook I see a slightly less athletic Brandoy Roy with better vision. Does he surpass that or even equal that? who knows? But Roy played at least 3 years in college Russ only 1. To see a barely 20 year old show a nice similar feel for the game like Roy is refreshing.

Randle worries me more. But he does lead all 2nd year players in double doubles so even he is not a "bust". People really need to chill with those type of labels. Randle hasnt been as good as advertised to me either at the college or pro level but terms like bust should be used for Bennett, Tbabeet, fredette etc. Not guys that can be a solid starter. Not every top 7 pick or later is gonna turn in to a Kiwi type budding (super) star.

Relevancy
03-09-2016, 11:14 AM
I am not ready to call him a legit "star" or "stud" ...let's just just stick with what we know. He has talent and has shown that on every level so far ... and he is not a bust. A case can still be made though, but it's shrinking ... for the Lakers taking Porzy, Oak, or even Mudiay/Turner ...but Spurfans that are so eager to say "bust" were flat out wrong. Anyone with a true hoops brain can see that it would be tough for any rookie to display their talent with volume shooters like Kobe and Low Williams getting the majority of minutes. But from what we have seen lately even if he has some similarities to Andre Miller (that is not a fair comparison to either guy. Miller was a true PG and Russ is more athletic and more of a scorerthan Andre.) As a rook I see a slightly less athletic Brandoy Roy with better vision. Does he surpass that or even equal that? who knows? But Roy played at least 3 years in college Russ only 1. To see a barely 20 year old show a nice similar feel for the game like Roy is refreshing.

Randle worries me more. But he does lead all 2nd year players in double doubles so even he is not a "bust". People really need to chill with those type of labels. Randle hasnt been as good as advertised to me either at the college or pro level but terms like bust should be used for Bennett, Tbabeet, fredette etc. Not guys that can be a solid starter. Not every top 7 pick or later is gonna turn in to a Kiwi type budding (super) star.A lot of people call him a bust because they are afraid of the Lakers getting better or having good potential players, it's just opposing fans wishing the Lakers to stay at the bottom basically

Agreed Dlo needed to be cut loose and run his own game and not worry about other players getting on the way, in a I hope Kobe sits out for the remaining of the season, dude doesn't bring anything to the table anymore, he just chucks shots now.. Before they went in but not anymore.

Killakobe81
03-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Im ok with spot duty for Kobe like the the Gstate game. he had 12 points but was a non factor mostly. a couple nice post ups a few nice passes to the open man. There were still plenty of shots to go around and the fans that paid got to see Kobe for 15-20 mins. I am considering going to a Lakers game in Hou or OKC and I would want to see him play for a short stint one last time as long as he plays a more limited role.

Buddy Mignon
03-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Russell be backing these niggas down in the post. The kid will be an allstar by his 3rd year. Randle is coming along just fine. So far... all of our rookies have made great strides. We need to figure out what we're going to do with Clarkson.

Thread
03-09-2016, 12:42 PM
Im ok with spot duty for Kobe like the the Gstate game. he had 12 points but was a non factor mostly. a couple nice post ups a few nice passes to the open man. There were still plenty of shots to go around and the fans that paid got to see Kobe for 15-20 mins. I am considering going to a Lakers game in Hou or OKC and I would want to see him play for a short stint one last time as long as he plays a more limited role.

He has to guard that 25.0 career average with his life, Killa. He's already dropped 1/10th of a point. 2-5 point games eat it up quick.

I'd take the floor in game 82 and perhaps one other and that'd be it.

TheGreatYacht
03-09-2016, 02:36 PM
Somebody has to score points on that awful ass team :lol

PG Kevin Love lmfao

Kool Bob Love
03-09-2016, 02:40 PM
http://youtu.be/O2Xhsr3Gjgk

Killakobe81
03-09-2016, 02:40 PM
He has to guard that 25.0 career average with his life, Killa. He's already dropped 1/10th of a point. 2-5 point games eat it up quick.

I'd take the floor in game 82 and perhaps one other and that'd be it.

25 would be better but not sure it matters ultimately in the end ...he is still gonna be "12" to many and to others much higher, to some much lower. wgaf?

Arcadian
03-09-2016, 04:03 PM
This whole conversation is boring and irrelevant, just like the entire Lakers franchise right now.

Thread
03-09-2016, 04:29 PM
This whole conversation is boring and irrelevant, just like the entire Lakers franchise right now.

This when you have to stand fast in the ranks. This is a helluva lot easier than being down 13 mid 3rd quarter, Game 7, '10. I needed them then. And you know what, they delivered me. What, now I'm gonna forsake them?

Please.

Killakobe81
03-09-2016, 04:32 PM

If that is true why spend the time to respond?

Thread
03-09-2016, 04:33 PM
If that is true why spend the time to respond?

It's the rent free thingy.