PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Report: LeBron James’ associates insist he could again leave Cleveland in free agency

JohnnyMax
03-09-2016, 03:39 AM
Stephen A. Smith on ESPN Radio:

One of the things LeBron’s inner circle religiously says is that, “Yeah, he’s back, but don’t you think for one second that he’s going to sit idly by and watch the franchise take him for granted and put too much excess weight on his shoulders the way that they used to when he was in Cleveland the first go-round. Think that he’s permanently going to stay in Cleveland if you want to. Do not try him.”

Yes, he is committed to trying to bring a championship back to Cleveland. And it does seem to be something that he would never do again. But don’t rule anything out when it comes to LeBron James.

I’m not saying this. I’m telling you specifically what I was told by people close to him, and I’ve been told that for months.

What everybody close to him continuously reminds me of is, “Don’t you dare take this guy for granted or think for one second he’s trapped into staying in Cleveland just because he came back. Don’t put it past him to get so annoyed that he’ll leave again if he feels like he’s being taken for granted, ran into the ground and essentially misused.” That’s what they say.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/03/08/report-lebron-james-associates-insist-he-could-again-leave-cavaliers-in-free-agency/

Thread
03-09-2016, 03:48 AM
It took Amy Duncan to straighten this SOB out.

Enough to make a grown man cry.

Mal
03-09-2016, 04:41 AM
Durant to Dubs, LeBron to Spurs. It`s on.

MultiTroll
03-09-2016, 07:22 AM
Stephen A. Smith on ESPN Radio:

:lol Stephen A. Smith.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/10/25/video-stephen-a-smith-says-n-word-on-air-claims-it-didnt-happen/

Chinook
03-09-2016, 07:53 AM
Lebron is a POS when it comes to the front-office stuff. It's his fault Cleveland's other guys can't perform. He had his team throw asset after asset at win-now guys who were mostly career journeymen. He resisted a coach who was going to implement a system to help generate non-superstar offense.

The Love trade was just awful. They weren't even a fit together. Might have been able to get Jimmy Butler for that package, if not him and more.

Thread
03-09-2016, 08:28 AM
Lebron is a POS when it comes to the front-office stuff. It's his fault Cleveland's other guys can't perform. He had his team throw asset after asset at win-now guys who were mostly career journeymen. He resisted a coach who was going to implement a system to help generate non-superstar offense.

The Love trade was just awful. They weren't even a fit together. Might have been able to get Jimmy Butler for that package, if not him and more.

Yep.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-09-2016, 08:51 AM

Blatt wanted to keep Wiggins. But James vetoed him. James is the one running that Franchise to the ground. Imagine Wiggins on that team. Cavs would be downright scary defensively with James, Wiggins and Thompson on the Floor.

MultiTroll
03-09-2016, 09:01 AM
Blatt wanted to keep Wiggins. But James vetoed him. James is the one running that Franchise to the ground. Imagine Wiggins on that team.
link?

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-09-2016, 09:11 AM
link?

I'll go back and find it, but Blatt blatantly told reporters that Wiggins going to remain a Cav and wanted him on the team. It was a SB Nation article that said there were insiders that said Lebron wanted Love and basically trumped Blatt. Blatt was high on Wiggins b/c of his potential as a defender.

That is why Blatt took a dig at Love and said he wasn't quite a Max Player yet, last season. You can tell Blatt didn't like Love at all.

MultiTroll
03-09-2016, 09:14 AM
I'll go back and find it, but Blatt blatantly told reporters that Wiggins going to remain a Cav and wanted him on the team. It was a SB Nation article that said there were insiders that said Lebron wanted Love and basically trumped Blatt. Blatt was high on Wiggins b/c of his potential as a defender.
That was just general posturing to get max trade value?
I did not like the Love trade either, but not sure it was 100% LeBron and zero percent Blatt and Cavs GM. Love could have helped in the Finals vs the Golden Phaggots tho.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-09-2016, 09:48 AM
That was just general posturing to get max trade value?
I did not like the Love trade either, but not sure it was 100% LeBron and zero percent Blatt and Cavs GM. Love could have helped in the Finals vs the Golden Phaggots tho.

Like this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2016/01/20/kevin-love-just-isnt-working-with-the-cavaliers/

Reck
03-09-2016, 10:02 AM
In the words of Harlem; what a coon.

Seventyniner
03-09-2016, 10:38 AM
Durant to Dubs, LeBron to Spurs. It`s on.

Do it, Mitch.

JoeTait75
03-09-2016, 11:25 AM
LeBron isn't helping a whole lot with his whole passive-aggressive teenage-girl act, but I don't blame him if he's frustrated. Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love have combined for zero winning seasons on their own and instead of stepping up their games in preparation for making a championship run they're playing lazy, shitty basketball. It's got to be frustrating playing with those two when neither of them has a clue about what it takes to win in this league and don't seem particularly interested in learning.

MultiTroll
03-09-2016, 11:48 AM
Like this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2016/01/20/kevin-love-just-isnt-working-with-the-cavaliers/
Ya. Like Chris Bosh.
Cavs were up 2-1 on Warriors led by LeBron. Hard to call that season a failure. Had Love been there the depth would have helped with stamina.

baseline bum
03-09-2016, 11:51 AM
Already posted this shit a few days ago

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257998

HarlemHeat37
03-09-2016, 02:11 PM
He didn't leave Miami to go to a better team, I don't know why people still think this:lol

If he wanted to contend, he would have stayed there, rather than going to a terrible organization with no history of anything positive..he wanted the power of being an owner/GM/coach, he got it, and he wanted to fix his image..

StrengthAndHonor
03-09-2016, 02:14 PM
"If LeBron James leaves Cleveland, here's where he goes: infamy," said Wojnarowski. "And that'll be the final stop of his NBA career. Absolute infamy if he left Cleveland a second time, which is why you should ignore any threats being made about him using that one-year contract to leave the Cavaliers again. Better than anyone else, James knows the consequences awaiting if he does that again and that's why you can count on him remaining with the Cavaliers."

he's he's not going anywhere guys...

baseline bum
03-09-2016, 02:20 PM
He didn't leave Miami to go to a better team, I don't know why people still think this:lol

If he wanted to contend, he would have stayed there, rather than going to a terrible organization with no history of anything positive..he wanted the power of being an owner/GM/coach, he got it, and he wanted to fix his image..

Wade looked like a shell of his prime self and still wanted to get paid, same with Bosh. And the Heat showed they weren't about winning when they cut Mike Miller, who went on to have a strong season with Memphis. The Heat were capped out and their improvements were drafting Napier and getting scrub ass McRoberts and Granger with their exceptions. That team wasn't going to win anything. I agree he wanted control he got in Cleveland, but he didn't sacrifice winning for it.

HarlemHeat37
03-09-2016, 02:24 PM
Wade looked like a shell of his prime self and still wanted to get paid, same with Bosh. And the Heat showed they weren't about winning when they cut Mike Miller, who went on to have a strong season with Memphis. The Heat were capped out and their improvements were drafting Napier and getting scrub ass McRoberts and Granger with their exceptions. That team wasn't going to win anything. I agree he wanted control he got in Cleveland, but he didn't sacrifice winning for it.

Miami has a history of building competitive rosters, though..if I had to trust a franchise to build a roster in transition, they would be near or in the top 5, while the Cavs would probably be in the bottom 3:lol

They also had a ton of continuity, which is essential in the NBA..Lebron was a completely different player in his Miami system, he allowed Spoelstra to coach due to Riley's presence, too..he looks like a completely different player in Cleveland..

Spurtacular
03-09-2016, 03:12 PM
Who is everybody? Lebron's high school chump friends? Fuck those niggas :lmao

Thread
03-09-2016, 04:31 PM
It took Amy Duncan to straighten this SOB out.

Me

BatManu20
03-09-2016, 06:15 PM
Lebron ain't going anywhere.. He's not going to spurn Cleveland twice :lol

BatManu20
03-09-2016, 06:16 PM
"If LeBron James leaves Cleveland, here's where he goes: infamy," said Wojnarowski. "And that'll be the final stop of his NBA career. Absolute infamy if he left Cleveland a second time, which is why you should ignore any threats being made about him using that one-year contract to leave the Cavaliers again. Better than anyone else, James knows the consequences awaiting if he does that again and that's why you can count on him remaining with the Cavaliers."

he's he's not going anywhere guys...

Exactly. He's not going anywhere, and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

UZER
03-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Lebron ain't going anywhere.. He's not going to spurn Cleveland twice :lol

I could only see him spurning them if he came to SA. With Pops / SA rep, it would be seen as a wise "basketball" decision.

Benoit
03-09-2016, 06:47 PM
lmao LeBronze always needs more help

BatManu20
03-09-2016, 06:52 PM
I could only see him spurning them if he came to SA. With Pops / SA rep, it would be seen as a wise "basketball" decision.

No way, especially not with both Duncan and Manu likely retiring after this season. That's a pipe dream for Spurs fans. I think he stays in Cleveland for good.

IF he were to leave though, which again is extremely unlikely, I think the Clips would be the likely destination. Contender in a major market and could play with his other bff Chris Paul.

LkrFan
03-09-2016, 06:56 PM
Blatt wanted to keep Wiggins. But James vetoed him. James is the one running that Franchise to the ground. Imagine Wiggins on that team. Cavs would be downright scary defensively with James, Uncle Drew, Wiggins and Thompson on the Floor.

FIFY

LkrFan
03-09-2016, 07:01 PM

Dubs woulda still tapped dat ass tbh

LkrFan
03-09-2016, 07:02 PM

:lol

UZER
03-09-2016, 07:07 PM
No way, especially not with both Duncan and Manu likely retiring after this season. That's a pipe dream for Spurs fans. I think he stays in Cleveland for good.

IF he were to leave though, which again is extremely unlikely, I think the Clips would be the likely destination. Contender in a major market and could play with his other bff Chris Paul.

I don't see him leaving either. But he would be stupid not to consider SA of he did.

MultiTroll
03-09-2016, 07:19 PM
Ya I wonder how he would do with
Prime MVPau
Prime Odom
Prime Dick Bavetta
Prime Bob Delaney
Prime Shaq

weebo
03-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Dubs woulda still tapped dat ass tbh

Just like every team in the league is tappin dat laker ass these days :lmao

LkrFan
03-09-2016, 08:07 PM
Just like every team in the league is tappin dat laker ass these days :lmao

I missed your point. Sorry about that son.

~O~
03-09-2016, 08:40 PM
What does it change? He's not winning shit this year.

lefty
06-12-2016, 05:39 PM
What if

Spurs9
06-12-2016, 09:37 PM
What if

Where do you think he would go? I'm guessing somewhere involving CP3 or Melo.

rasuo214
06-12-2016, 10:31 PM
Where do you think he would go? I'm guessing somewhere involving CP3 or Melo.

Clippers? Yes, but it's the tough west.
Knicks? Worse situation.
Heat? Eh.
Spurs? Maybe if he wants to play for Pop.

I don't know if any of those scenarios are much better for him than the Cavs. Are any of them worth the backlash he'd get? Plus none of those teams would give him as much control over the team.

99 Problems
06-13-2016, 12:22 AM
OKC