PDA

View Full Version : TP9 Decline

SequSpur
03-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Is Tony retiring too? He is averaging 12 ppg, 4-5 assists, -0 steals and is only putting up good numbers after 5 days of rest. What is going on with him? After watching the first half against Indiana, I was really disappointed at the way he was running the offense. It was terrible. Also, Indiana did not respect his jump shot and he kept passing open shots only to penetrate and coming up empty and then finally twisting his ankle or hurting his little toe.. WTF?. He seems to be averaging good numbers from the three point line but is passing open numerous attempts only to run his own offense whatever that is...

He missed the game last night and the oldest man in the NBA Andre Miller ran the offense like a Champ even without Manu and Tim there. I saw a championship team last night.

honestfool84
03-09-2016, 03:16 PM
How the mighty have fallen. I remember your schtick years ago used to be all pro-Tony.

Good to have you back, Sequ.

SequSpur
03-09-2016, 03:24 PM
I think he is done...maybe Pop sits him out a month but Pop needs to pull the trigger on someone else if he starts this crap again...

thanks hf!

sasaint
03-09-2016, 03:36 PM
Is Tony retiring too? He is averaging 12 ppg, 4-5 assists, -0 steals and is only putting up good numbers after 5 days of rest. What is going on with him? After watching the first half against Indiana, I was really disappointed at the way he was running the offense. It was terrible. Also, Indiana did not respect his jump shot and he kept passing open shots only to penetrate and coming up empty and then finally twisting his ankle or hurting his little toe.. WTF?. He seems to be averaging good numbers from the three point line but is passing open numerous attempts only to run his own offense whatever that is...

He missed the game last night and the oldest man in the NBA Andre Miller ran the offense like a Champ even without Manu and Tim there. I saw a championship team last night.

Tony retire... :lmao he will get paid like $14MM next season. He will not leave that on the table. But that is way more money than a second unit PG is worth. So the question is what will PATFO do.

mookie2001
03-09-2016, 03:41 PM
This should be Tony's last year as a starter but if he can get some off days and split his minutes with Miller we've still got a shot at the NBA Finals

DeRozan m8
03-09-2016, 03:45 PM
Tonys terrible contract will have him with us for a while more tbh

TheMulletMan3000
03-09-2016, 04:21 PM
He had a stretch where he didn't look broken but after that was all downhill. Injuries killed his confidence probably. Hope he can get his shit together before playoffs because he was looking good couple of months earlier

TDfan2007
03-09-2016, 04:23 PM
He's a lot smarter than he used to be, but his body is betraying him. Sucks, tbh

Kawhitstorm
03-09-2016, 04:25 PM
The dude wants to play 20 seasons even if it means cuckin' the franchise like Kirby, I just hope his achilles completely blows up when he plays for France & is forced to retire like Nash.

Solid D
03-09-2016, 04:47 PM
TP ain't right. That's for sure. Maybe he needs to take PTO and go over to Germany and get that Orthokine treatment where they draw his blood, spin it, reintroduce it to energize him for his osteoarthritis.

EVAY
03-09-2016, 04:55 PM
This should be Tony's last year as a starter but if he can get some off days and split his minutes with Miller we've still got a shot at the NBA Finals

This would work for me. But he does need to sit for at least a couple of weeks right now. Problem is, the upcoming schedule is a bear so he will likely play. Probably won't play well, though.

I don't take too much from Miller's performance last night - he knew the team we were playing extremely well, and with all the iso's for Kawhi and Leonard the Spurs sets are unnecessary, but I fear that he will get exposed in short order if we try to start him against the better teams we have upcoming. Think Manu's first game back and then the second one.

FireMicoHalili
03-09-2016, 06:14 PM
I saw a championship team last night.
Against Minnesota? That further bolsters your argument all right

Benoit
03-09-2016, 06:51 PM
Him and Pop carried the Spurs on their backs from 2007 to 2014

You cant expect him to do it forever

KL2
03-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Parker's only 33, he's got at least another 5-7 years depending on how long he wants to stay, Pop ain't cutting his ass (look at Bonner). You think he's declining now, just imagine what he'll look like in 2019 still starting...

mookie2001
03-09-2016, 11:43 PM
Parker will be 35 by next years playoffs

spurs10
03-10-2016, 02:21 AM
I don't think he is playing his best. Coasting...let's hope he can turn it on and have something in his tank for when it really matters.

Kawhitstorm
03-10-2016, 02:38 AM

ZERO championship banners when Porky led the team in Win-Shares.:wakeup

UZER
03-10-2016, 02:45 AM
Pop has always been a ride with my guys kinda guy (see Manu 2013 & Parker 2014). But with Kawhis growth and then landing our first true big FA in LA, does he now owe it to those two guys to do what's best for the team in the playoffs? Or will he still stick with Manu and TP if they are clearly struggling in a series even to the detriment of the team?

james evans
03-10-2016, 02:47 AM

I love it when people that didn't watch the spurs repeat shit they hear other people say. Way to go Frankie

james evans
03-10-2016, 02:48 AM
Parker's only 33, he's got at least another 5-7 years depending on how long he wants to stay, Pop ain't cutting his ass (look at Bonner). You think he's declining now, just imagine what he'll look like in 2019 still starting...
5-7 years? :lol He doesn't look like he has 5-7 months left

DMC
03-10-2016, 06:23 AM
Parker will spend the rest of his NBA years putting up pedestrian efforts. He's set. No need to keep pounding a rock he's broken through 4 times already.

spursparker9
03-10-2016, 06:33 AM
I hope the Spurs don't offer him another contract after the current end

ceperez
03-10-2016, 06:49 AM
He's coasting and he has been given the green light to coast.

He just needs to keep healthy come playoff time. Spurs will need him to win the championship.

Miller (39 years old) was brought in so Spurs can have an additional point guard so Tony can rest.

101A
03-10-2016, 08:44 AM
He had a stretch where he didn't look broken but after that was all downhill. Injuries killed his confidence probably. Hope he can get his shit together before playoffs because he was looking good couple of months earlier

That stretch was a short period right before the All Star reserves were announced, I believe.

MoSpur
03-10-2016, 08:50 AM
He has good games here and there, but for sure age is catching up with him. Maybe some rest here and there and limited minutes can help him out.

MoSpur
BTW, good to have Sequ back

lefty
He's always been shit tbh, now that the players who have carried him are done, Porker can't do shit tbh

TheMulletMan3000
03-10-2016, 10:16 AM
That stretch was a short period right before the All Star reserves were announced, I believe.

Yes, but he also had 3 or 4 weeks of decent play in December or November, can't remember now.

hater
03-10-2016, 10:21 AM
Still our most clutch closer tbqh.

No Tony no chance in jmhell.

rjv
03-10-2016, 10:30 AM
i've reserved judgement on t.p. because of the injuries he has had to contend with over the past few seasons, but this season i am starting to realize he no longer commands the burst he once had which made him so effective. his jumper is back to being inconsistent (he was always, with the exception of a few seasons, a spotty jump shooter) and he seems to be as hesitant running the team as he was early in his career. our achilles heel is at the PG position and it will likely be the one reason we do not get to the finals. i hope he somehow pulls off a great playoff run but i am not counting on it.

BatManu20
03-10-2016, 10:58 AM
Tony's got a loooot of miles on his legs. Not surprised injuries are beginning to take their toll as he enters his mid-30's. Just hope he can hit another gear in the playoffs bc Spurs aren't winning anything without him playing well.

Kawhitstorm
03-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Tony's got a loooot of miles on his legs. Not surprised injuries are beginning to take their toll as he enters his mid-30's. Just hope he can hit another gear in the playoffs bc Spurs aren't winning anything without him playing well.

"The Spurs might win if Tony Parker doesn't return"- Reggie Miller during 2014 championship run

travis2
03-10-2016, 03:51 PM
:sequ