PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead.. Thunder or Warriors?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
03-09-2016, 11:43 PM
**Meant Thunder or Clippers**

Who would you rather the Spurs play and why?

Mnky
03-09-2016, 11:48 PM
Both. Clips will knock out warriors..we will knock out thunder then get revenge in the western conference finals on clips.

spursistan
03-09-2016, 11:48 PM
Thread exiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiists already..

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255417

DPG21920
03-10-2016, 12:03 AM
I'm torn, but I'm leaning SA playing OKC. KD/WB are beasts, but they seem prone to melting down when things get tough and Spurs got over the PO hump against them. Also, DG/KL really help in that matchup. KD/WB are better than Blake/CP, but our best defensive guys match up better because Blake is an absolute nightmare for SA.

However, I also think OKC matches up better with GS talent wise and have played them tough this year. They might have the best shot at knocking off GS in the 2nd round. SA may be pissed and have the revenge factor against LAC and it took Blake playing the best he ever has to barely beat a worse SA team last year.

Tough. Both ridiculous 2nd round opponents.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-10-2016, 12:10 AM
I'm torn, but I'm leaning SA playing OKC. KD/WB are beasts, but they seem prone to melting down when things get tough and Spurs got over the PO hump against them. Also, DG/KL really help in that matchup. KD/WB are better than Blake/CP, but our best defensive guys match up better because Blake is an absolute nightmare for SA.

However, I also think OKC matches up better with GS talent wise and have played them tough this year. They might have the best shot at knocking off GS in the 2nd round. SA may be pissed and have the revenge factor against LAC and it took Blake playing the best he ever has to barely beat a worse SA team last year.

I WANT THE CLIPPERS :ihit

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
03-10-2016, 12:55 AM

Actually Clippers always seem to play Golden State tight and blow it at the end.

Up until about 2 weeks ago, I would of said I'd rather play the Clippers, but now i think the Spurs have an easier time with OKC.

lil'mo
03-10-2016, 09:06 AM
OKC naturally

Spurs9
03-10-2016, 09:23 AM
OKC, because of how much hero/iso ball they play.

hater
03-10-2016, 10:04 AM
Clits. Spurs usually do well in revenge scenarios

Brian Windhorst
03-10-2016, 10:39 AM
Spurs straight up can't guard the Clippers. CP3 would eat Tony's lunch all series.

Brian Windhorst
03-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Westbrook is good but at the end of the day he and KD are just heroball players which we have a much easier time with.

TheDoctor
03-10-2016, 10:59 AM
Voted OKC.

look_at_g_shred
03-10-2016, 11:11 AM
OKC.. man have times changed

SPURt
03-10-2016, 11:57 AM
Revenge

Kikoluna
03-10-2016, 12:08 PM
OKC naturally

Wow, you were not mean.

Kikoluna
03-10-2016, 12:10 PM
Warriors. I want to destroy mouthpiece and mr. Mouth always open. Klay is not as annoying tbh.

Kawhitstorm
03-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Clits. Spurs usually do well in revenge scenarios

Except losing a series to the Mavs twice in a row '06 & '09.

lil'mo
03-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Wow, you were not mean.

Why you so gay brah?

$pursDynasty
03-10-2016, 01:38 PM
Spurs straight up can't guard the Clippers. CP3 would eat Tony's lunch all series.

Spurs can't guard Blacke either. Kingslayer can check KD but Blake not so much

All Mighty Janitor
03-10-2016, 02:56 PM
Spurs can't guard Blacke either. Kingslayer can check KD but Blake not so much
You don't think LaMarcus can check Blake? He should be able to body him in the paint both ways. Blake's face-ups could be a problem due to his handle and improved jumper, but LMA has obvious height advantage he can use going both ways. I think they cancel each other out.

The problem with the clippers is the have some of the most dangerous scorers at each position (except SF). They have two elite role players: the best finishing big and best off-ball scoring SG. Paul can't be stopped; can consistently run and offence w/o turning the ball over and can score whenever he needs to because of his mid-range shot. Blake is the single best offensive PF; can score in the post, good jumper, can face-up, and is a great passer. You can't stop them from putting points on the board efficiently unless you have average defenders at every position and can switch. We seem to be able to do this sometimes, but you need to be consistently good to put pressure on the clips.

The Thunder on the other hand put up points against most teams but you can zone in on Durant and Westbrook if you have some good perimeter defenders. We obviously have Green and Kawhi so we should be able to hold them down. It's everybody else that put me more at ease when facing them. We don't have to worry about anybody else going off on us.

cd021
03-10-2016, 02:57 PM
Except losing a series to the Mavs twice in a row '06 & '09.

09' had much more to do with Manu being injured.

Kawhitstorm
03-10-2016, 03:54 PM
09' had much more to do with Manu being injured.

In that case, 2015 had to do w/ Tiago being injured. Besides, the Spurs ducked the Mavs in '07. :wakeup

Injuries happen, the 2011 Mavs could have plea copped by claiming Caron Butler missed the postseason. Excuse, excuse, excuses...:rolleyes

mystargtr34
03-10-2016, 04:39 PM
Have said this all season.. I would definately rather play the Thunder for a few reasons;

- Spurs best defenders match up with the Thunders best offensive players. Kawhi on KD.. DG on RW.. and you can hide TP on Roberson.

- I'm from Australia and went to the US last April and watched Games 1, 3, 4 and 6 of the Spurs-Clips series in person :lol and fucking hell the CP3-Jordan/Griffin pick and roll game with Redick on the wing is almost impossible to stop for the Spurs even with Tiago (although he wasn't 100%). It might even be tougher with Lamarcus who is a better shot bllocker but not as agile as Tiago so won't be able to stay close to CP3. Timmy or Lamarcus won't be able to stop both the CL3 mid range jumper and guard the DJ lob, plus having to get out to Griffin 18 footers, plus keep a man close to Redick. It's just a tough cover all up.

- Aldridge owns Ibaka.

- Thunder seem mentally weak and I can see them imploding if things start going against them especially with KDs impending free agency.

- The Clips imo are out and out contenders when healthy.. They got over the mental hump of beating the Spurs last year.. And that was with plenty of adversity being down 2-1 and 3-2 in the series and winning what was essentially 2 elimination games on the Spurs home court.

- LAC will play the Warrioirs tougher than the Thunder imo.. Like another poster mentioned the Warriors have won a few in a row against them but the Clippers should have won most of those and pose some serious matchup problems for GWS (Draymond expending energy guarding Blake, Thompson tiring out chasing Redick through screens).

Hopefully the Thunder can hold on to that 3 seed.

Beaverfuzz
03-10-2016, 04:56 PM
Warriors.

Kawhitstorm
03-10-2016, 05:30 PM
Have said this all season.. I would definately rather play the Thunder for a few reasons;

- Spurs best defenders match up with the Thunders best offensive players. Kawhi on KD.. DG on RW.. and you can hide TP on Roberson.

- I'm from Australia and went to the US last April and watched Games 1, 3, 4 and 6 of the Spurs-Clips series in person :lol and fucking hell the CP3-Jordan/Griffin pick and roll game with Redick on the wing is almost impossible to stop for the Spurs even with Tiago (although he wasn't 100%). It might even be tougher with Lamarcus who is a better shot bllocker but not as agile as Tiago so won't be able to stay close to CP3. Timmy or Lamarcus won't be able to stop both the CL3 mid range jumper and guard the DJ lob, plus having to get out to Griffin 18 footers, plus keep a man close to Redick. It's just a tough cover all up.

- Aldridge owns Ibaka.

- Thunder seem mentally weak and I can see them imploding if things start going against them especially with KDs impending free agency.

- The Clips imo are out and out contenders when healthy.. They got over the mental hump of beating the Spurs last year.. And that was with plenty of adversity being down 2-1 and 3-2 in the series and winning what was essentially 2 elimination games on the Spurs home court.

- LAC will play the Warrioirs tougher than the Thunder imo.. Like another poster mentioned the Warriors have won a few in a row against them but the Clippers should have won most of those and pose some serious matchup problems for GWS (Draymond expending energy guarding Blake, Thompson tiring out chasing Redick through screens).

Hopefully the Thunder can hold on to that 3 seed.

I was also at Gm 1 & it was embarrassing to see Baynes getting punked by Barnes on one end (tackled) & Blake on the other (posterized).:lol

spursistan
03-10-2016, 05:49 PM
Do folks here realize that Clippers are merely two games behind the Thunder with Blake missing 31 games and having played a tougher schedule ? :lol

Beaverfuzz
03-10-2016, 06:04 PM
Do folks here realize that Clippers are merely two games behind the Thunder with Blake missing 31 games and having played a tougher schedule ? :lol

Who cares? Fuck 'em.

mystargtr34
03-10-2016, 07:11 PM
I was also at Gm 1 & it was embarrassing to see Baynes getting punked by Barnes on one end (tackled) & Blake on the other (posterized).:lol

Lol that was embarrassing.. I was sitting row 1 directly behind court side in that corner.. literally happened 10 feet from me.. Baynes is soft as fuck for a guy that size.. He should have slung Barnes into row 5 while they were tied up .. I knew Barnes was gonna pull some shit like that :lol.

NameLess Scrub
03-11-2016, 08:39 AM
Doesn't matter. Thunder can out-talent the Spurs, and Kanter score a lot vs the bench.
CP3, Blake, Crawford, and Rivers do whatever the heck they want with the Spurs too.
Also, the refs.

urunobili
03-11-2016, 08:46 AM
Both mortal threats TBH

Old School 44
03-11-2016, 09:15 AM
I don't think it really matters. The Spurs will be dialed in for everybody. This could be the last rodeo for some of these guys. If I had to pick one though, I'd prefer the Thunder (the new Suns), only because I'm old and I prefer not staying up until midnight for West coast away games. Also, it might be good for some of the older players. Not that the Spurs ever had any issues with distractions, but there aren't any in OkC compared to LA.

jermaine
03-11-2016, 12:00 PM
LaMarcus will determine the outcome of both games. If he ball like he's been doing, we win. If he wets the bed like before, we lose. Simple as that. K-Mart is an X factor too.

Kawhitstorm
03-11-2016, 12:30 PM
LaMarcus will determine the outcome of both games. If he ball like he's been doing, we win. If he wets the bed like before, we lose. Simple as that. K-Mart is an X factor too.
If Andre Roberson & Harrison Barnes go off on Porker then it won't matter.:wakeup

cd021
03-11-2016, 12:30 PM
In that case, 2015 had to do w/ Tiago being injured. Besides, the Spurs ducked the Mavs in '07. :wakeup

Injuries happen, the 2011 Mavs could have plea copped by claiming Caron Butler missed the postseason. Excuse, excuse, excuses...:rolleyes

Missing your second best player isn't making excuses. '15 did have some to do with Splitter being injured.

GSW beat the Mavs in '07, a heathly Mavs at that, so the spurs didn't duck anyone they beat the teams ahead of them.

cd021
03-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Doesn't matter. Thunder can out-talent the Spurs, and Kanter score a lot vs the bench.
CP3, Blake, Crawford, and Rivers do whatever the heck they want with the Spurs too.
Also, the refs.

Kantor won't be able to hide on anyone, defensively. If Duncan plays 30 minutes and Aldridge plays closer to 35 minutes then at some point he would have to guard one of those two while Ibaka or Adams guards the other.

I'm not sure how many minutes they can afford to play him.

BTW Crawford had really only one or two good games in that series against us. He was largely a dumpster fire who took alful shots and played poor defense. The Refs probably despise the Clips because they have a rep as being constant complainers.

Durant and Westbrook don't get to the line nearly as much as you would think against the Spurs. They probably average 19 FTA between them but would probably only average like 15 or 16 a game in a series against us.

The Thunders wing rotation is prety poor outside of KD (Morrow, Singler, Foye, Roberson, Waiter) probably none of those players have P.E.R.s anywhere near league average.

I'd rather the Spurs face OKC.

lefty
03-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Spurs will lose against OKC, Warriors or Clips

:lol thinking Porker has a chance vs Paul, Westbrook or Curry

NameLess Scrub
03-11-2016, 01:49 PM
Kantor won't be able to hide on anyone, defensively. If Duncan plays 30 minutes and Aldridge plays closer to 35 minutes then at some point he would have to guard one of those two while Ibaka or Adams guards the other.

I'm not sure how many minutes they can afford to play him.

BTW Crawford had really only one or two good games in that series against us. He was largely a dumpster fire who took alful shots and played poor defense. The Refs probably despise the Clips because they have a rep as being constant complainers.

Durant and Westbrook don't get to the line nearly as much as you would think against the Spurs. They probably average 19 FTA between them but would probably only average like 15 or 16 a game in a series against us.

The Thunders wing rotation is prety poor outside of KD (Morrow, Singler, Foye, Roberson, Waiter) probably none of those players have P.E.R.s anywhere near league average.

I'd rather the Spurs face OKC.

Thanks. I was more trolling than anything.

But I do fear CP3 given his recent success with the Spurs.
They also are hated by everybody but know how to use the complaining to get some calls and CP3 is a master flopper.

So I think so far I agree that while Durant/WB is a fearsome combo, it's probably better for the Spurs to face the Thunder.

jermaine
03-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Excuse me sir... if I'm not mistaken, but I might be... Tony has more rings than those guys an more wins. May it be by his team or not.

lefty
03-11-2016, 02:58 PM
RIng count :lol

jermaine
03-11-2016, 03:32 PM
Rings doesn't matter all of a sudden??? I'll bet you all 3 wishes they had the amount of rings as Parker!!! Hell I'm sure they'll settle for the amount of rings that Adam Morrison has.

cd021
03-11-2016, 05:54 PM
Thanks. I was more trolling than anything.

But I do fear CP3 given his recent success with the Spurs.
They also are hated by everybody but know how to use the complaining to get some calls and CP3 is a master flopper.

So I think so far I agree that while Durant/WB is a fearsome combo, it's probably better for the Spurs to face the Thunder.

I'm not so sure that stopping Paul is neccisary for the Spurs to win a series, he gives us fits though. I like our chances with LMA going against Blake and Duncan against DJ (Duncan seems to dominate Dre Jordan).

Aldrige is an excellent post defender because of his size, strength, and long arms ( i think he was top five in post defense last season) if they were to cancel each out that's still a big advantage to the Spurs.

Another thing is that Pop putting KL on J.J was brilliant. LAC only had three 3pt shooters and Reddick is the best of them. Putting KL on him keeps them from using him space the floor. Green did a pretty good job on cP3 but was pretty bad on offense save for game 7. Parker and Manu were dumpster fires and Diaw couldn't shoot outside of the paint which killed some of the spacing. Splitter was also pretty ineffective save for a couple of games with his injury.

PopTheGOAT
03-11-2016, 06:11 PM

Blow the team up. Rebuild mode [ON]

this forum is pathetic af tbh :rollin

TheDoctor
03-12-2016, 05:17 PM
So...

Pauleta14
03-12-2016, 06:28 PM
OKC just for the coaching match-up

jermaine
03-12-2016, 09:00 PM

Bump

jermaine
03-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Like I said. .. LaMarcus is an has been key!!!