PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James

webshad
03-10-2016, 12:56 PM
Realistically, if Ginobili retires after this year, is it possible to bring Lebron to San Antonio if the Spurs get rid of Parker??

I keep hearing rumors that he might leave Cleaveland yet again.

RD2191
03-10-2016, 12:58 PM
Permaban.

BillMc
03-10-2016, 01:02 PM
He and Kyle can battle it out to be Kawhi's backup.

webshad
03-10-2016, 01:04 PM
He and Kyle can battle it out to be Kawhi's backup.

Honestly, Lebron never had a good coach/mentor by his side.

Kawhi wouldn't have been the same player he is today if he was stuck in Indiana.

For whatever is left in him, I truly believe James can flourish under the surveillance of Popovich & staff.

spurs10
03-10-2016, 01:05 PM
He and Kyle can battle it out to be Kawhi's backup. :toast

UZER
03-10-2016, 01:06 PM
He'll play behind Bonner.

Ron Swanson
03-10-2016, 01:07 PM
I heard he may come to SA for league minimum.

Spurs9
03-10-2016, 01:10 PM
Almost made a Lebron to SA thread today tbh :lol better get it started

Chinook
03-10-2016, 01:11 PM
Yes.

look_at_g_shred
03-10-2016, 01:12 PM
Wasn't there a thread made about this last week?

coachmac87
03-10-2016, 01:13 PM
ONLY way this unreality fantasy dream can turn into anything at all is if Durant signs with Dubs.

But no..

webshad
03-10-2016, 01:13 PM
Wasn't there a thread made about this last week?

My apology if there was.

webshad
03-10-2016, 01:15 PM
ONLY way this unreality fantasy dream can turn into anything at all is if Durant signs with Dubs.

But no..

Explain coach, why? If Durant does indeed become a Warrior, how does it influence Lebron's decision to leave Cleveland for San Antonio?

Spurs9
03-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Leonard/Aldridge would be a appealing core to join tbh

Explain coach, why? If Durant does indeed become a Warrior, how does it influence Lebron's decision to leave Cleveland for San Antonio?

Well you would pretty much need a super team to beat them. :lol SA is already the closest team to challenge the warriors, adding Lebron to our core would push us over the top against them after Duncan/Gino is gone, plus maybe some other pieces. I'll axe Parker and Take a Kimba/Lebron combo to add to Leonard/Aldridge tbh

Old School 44
03-10-2016, 01:28 PM
LeBron will never leave the Land again. Can you imagine the hit to his brand?

Spurs9
03-10-2016, 01:30 PM
What if he gets knocked out the first round this year, like we did a few years back. Then the next year they don't make it out of the 2nd? Think hes gonna stick around? :lol

coachmac87
03-10-2016, 01:34 PM

Well LeBron is a front runner.. And with the latest drama going on in Cleveland tells me he doesn't have the time or patience to lead and mentor young or unproven players or even coaches tbh.

Pop IMO would be the main reason he'd consider making the move..having Kawhi helps too.

But even I feel this not a reality at all but if Durant went to GSW the league IMO would be in full panic mode..and I don't see any organizations that had the structure or culture that would even compete with SA..

webshad
03-10-2016, 01:37 PM
Well LeBron is a front runner.. And with the latest drama going on in Cleveland tells me he doesn't have the time or patience to lead and mentor young or unproven players or even coaches tbh.

Pop IMO would be the main reason he'd consider making the move..having Kawhi helps too.

But even I feel this not a reality at all but if Durant went to GSW the league IMO would be in full panic mode..and I don't see any organizations that had the structure or culture that would even compete with SA..

Good take!

spurs10
03-10-2016, 01:44 PM
Is "The King" making "The Decision to consider leaving "The Land?" Is "The Ego" getting a little hurt since everyone's not talking about him all the time? Meanwhile I'll just sit at home until I hear something! :wow

TheDoctor
03-10-2016, 01:49 PM

Not to mention an increase in greenhouse gases after all the burned jerseys :lol

DAF86
03-10-2016, 01:58 PM
PG: Lebron
SG: Green
SF: Kawhi
PF: LMA
C: Duncan

Old School 44
03-10-2016, 01:59 PM
Not to mention an increase in greenhouse gases after all the burned jerseys :lol
:lol and the unleashing of some more Comic Sans MS messaging. If anything, LeBron will bring his friends to the Cavs. Afterall he is the Coach and GM.

The Whopper
03-10-2016, 02:19 PM
Leadership Lebron's way:

The nasty tweets, insults and backbiting will continue until morale improves.

BatManu20
03-10-2016, 03:12 PM
What is up with ST's sudden obsession with Lebron? He's not coming to SA to you noobs :lol

BatManu20
03-10-2016, 03:14 PM
Lebron ain't going anywhere.. He's not going to spurn Cleveland twice :lol That's a pipe dream for Spurs fans. I think he stays in Cleveland for good.

IF he were to leave though, which again is extremely unlikely, I think the Clips would be the likely destination. Contender in a major market and could play with his other bff Chris Paul.

HarlemHeat37
03-10-2016, 03:15 PM
Lebron didn't leave Miami because he had a better chance to win in Cleveland:lol

He left because he wanted control of the organization, which has been confirmed by several credible people in the media..Riley ran the organization in Miami, the organization didn't cave in to Lebron and his people, he wanted to return to Cleveland to control the franchise and fix his image(which worked)..

There's no chance he would join the Spurs..he wouldn't have any power within the organization if Pop is around(especially if Tim is still there, too), and by next year, he probably wouldn't even be the best player on the team anymore..

His focus is empowering players, particularly Black players..it has been brewing for years, starting with the rise of Rich Paul, and it has become a more important priority for him than winning titles, especially since he knows he'll never reach the amount that was expected of him as the #1 guy(wasted too many years in Cleveland)..

coachmac87
03-10-2016, 03:21 PM
Lebron didn't leave Miami because he had a better chance to win in Cleveland:lol

He left because he wanted control of the organization, which has been confirmed by several credible people in the media..Riley ran the organization in Miami, the organization didn't cave in to Lebron and his people, he wanted to return to Cleveland to control the franchise and fix his image(which worked)..

There's no chance he would join the Spurs..he wouldn't have any power within the organization if Pop is around(especially if Tim is still there, too), and by next year, he probably wouldn't even be the best player on the team anymore..

His focus is empowering players, particularly Black players..it has been brewing for years, starting with the rise of Rich Paul, and it has become a more important priority for him than winning titles, especially since he knows he'll never reach the amount that was expected of him as the #1 guy(wasted too many years in Cleveland)..

"Empowering black players" the NBA is 85% black..

HarlemHeat37
03-10-2016, 03:24 PM
"Empowering black players" the NBA is 85% black..

What about the owners?

xtremesteven33
03-10-2016, 03:25 PM

Interesting take. I think he still wants to win more Championships though. I dont see Lebron as a guy who would be happy with his career with only 2 Championships. I think he wants at least 2 more but hard to imagine now that he is on the decline. You think he might lobby to be a player coach?

coachmac87
03-10-2016, 03:30 PM
What about the owners?

You know the answer. But you're wrong for saying what you said..you've got a twisted way at looking at things tbh.

Dre_7
03-10-2016, 04:29 PM
:lmao

LeBron isn't leaving the Cavs.

Nathan89
03-10-2016, 04:33 PM

You think he would say that he left because he had better odds with the Cavs? Fix his image is definitely a better narrative than jumping ship because one seems to be sinking and the other seems better.

baseline bum
03-10-2016, 05:02 PM
C: Duncan

Fuck LeBron, Spurs should go after Durant and Curry

PG Curry
SG Green
SF Leonard
PF Aldridge
C Duncan
6th man Ginobili
7th man Durant

Spurs9
03-10-2016, 05:27 PM
You guys are so sure he won't leave the Cavs but on the other hand no one was ever expecting him to return back to them :lol

lilbthebasedgod
03-10-2016, 06:26 PM

Kawhi wouldn't have been the same player he is today if he was stuck in Indiana.

For whatever is left in him, I truly believe James can flourish under the surveillance of Popovich & staff.
Eric Spoelstra is one of the best coaches in the league and he worked beside Pat Riley

SupremeGuy
03-10-2016, 06:56 PM
C: Duncan:lobt2:

phxspurfan
03-10-2016, 07:29 PM
if anything the moment td retires lebron will be calling pop to recruit him to cach the cavs

phxspurfan
03-10-2016, 07:30 PM
and *gasp* Pop will listen

Baseline21
03-10-2016, 08:01 PM
What would be awesome is this. Durant signs with the dubs and everyone's like cancel the season, then somehow we create enough cap space and sign LeBron. People would be losing their minds in all sports. The league would most definetly have to change east and west conference or seeding wise because the finals would be in western conference for years to come. Every time those 2 teams played would be must see tv, like Super Bowl wise. Yeah I know it wouldn't happen but it's wishful thinking. I'm telling if Durant did decide to sign with dubs, LeBron would have to jump on a great team already. To make things interesting.

Kikoluna
03-10-2016, 08:14 PM
Many laugh and dismiss this notion but I've always thought he will end up a spur. If it happens, Aldridge, Leonard and James will win 3 more.

99 Problems
03-11-2016, 05:10 AM
It's happening. :wakeup

Emperor
03-11-2016, 05:30 AM
He's not over himself yet.

CGD
03-11-2016, 06:53 AM
Fuck LeBron, Spurs should go after Durant and Curry

PG Curry
SG Green
SF Leonard
PF Aldridge
C Duncan
6th man Ginobili
7th man Durant

But at what cost? Not sure is want to part with Anderson to make a curry trade possible.

CGD
03-11-2016, 06:56 AM
Among the fueding Cleveland couple, Id rather get Irving at this point.

TheDoctor
03-11-2016, 08:14 AM
I think he still wants to win more Championships though. I dont see Lebron as a guy who would be happy with his career with only 2 Championships. I think he wants at least 2 more but hard to imagine now that he is on the decline.

Same was said about the Big3 between 2008-2013 tbh and LeBron's game will age great imo. But I understand what you're trying to say. I think the difficult part won't be winning the Championships but the lure of key Free Agents to play in Cleveland.

Bender
03-11-2016, 08:17 AM
Among the fueding Cleveland couple, Id rather get Irving at this point.

I see what you did there...

hater
03-11-2016, 08:18 AM
Yall a bunch of retards tbqh

tmtcsc
03-11-2016, 09:46 AM

As hard as Kawhi works, he would have been the same player anywhere he went. In fact, depending on the situation, he probably would have gaudier stats.

As for Lebron, his game is suited to flourish under Pop's type of system but he's a nut. He's unselfish on the court but totally in love with himself and being Lebron James. He has the mentality of a child and no matter what he may publicly say to the contrary, is hyper-sensitive and narcissistic at the same time. In other words, he is far from "over himself".

SpursforSix
03-11-2016, 10:51 AM

It's too late for Pop to change him at this point. He's too spoiled at this point.

kaji157
03-11-2016, 11:27 AM
His llove for pop and the big 3 is out of respect and to seem like a good guy but for what is worth he just doesnīt want to be coached. Simple as that.

PopTheGOAT
03-11-2016, 06:04 PM
He'll be a Spur

...when he's 38

tholdren
03-11-2016, 07:23 PM
Lebron is weak-minded. Not Spurs material.

TheGreatYacht
03-21-2016, 11:04 PM

TrainOfThought5
03-21-2016, 11:09 PM
Id take Lebron at the four to be Diaw 3.0.... but hes gotta take enough of a cut so that we can afford and Durant too. and Horford. and keep Diaw 2.0.

Spurs9
03-21-2016, 11:11 PM
Id take Lebron at the four to be Diaw 3.0.... but hes gotta take enough of a cut so that we can afford and Durant too. and Horford. and keep Diaw 2.0.
Hopefully we can pay them only 5mil each since they make so much off endorsements and sign Davis to come off the bench.

TrainOfThought5
03-21-2016, 11:14 PM
Hopefully we can pay them only 5mil each since they make so much off endorsements and sign Davis to come off the bench.

and Hopefully they dont mind deferring to Tony "Head of the snake" Parker, tbh fwiw imo, etc. etc.

TheGreatYacht
03-21-2016, 11:16 PM

TampaDude
03-21-2016, 11:48 PM
LOL @ this thread... :lol

Spurs 4 The Win
03-21-2016, 11:52 PM

He is really gonna leave again, WOW, that would be suicide

HarlemHeat37
03-22-2016, 12:04 AM
Interesting take. I think he still wants to win more Championships though. I dont see Lebron as a guy who would be happy with his career with only 2 Championships. I think he wants at least 2 more but hard to imagine now that he is on the decline. You think he might lobby to be a player coach?

He would never be the "official" coach, as it would require him taking blame, etc..he clearly controls the organization, though, according to everything we have heard the past 2 years..

That's what he chose and wanted, of course..he left the most organized and well-managed organization in the Eastern Conference in favor of a bottom 3 franchise and surrounded himself with a bunch of losers:lol(Irving, Love, JR Smith, Shumpert, etc)..

kaji157
03-22-2016, 07:11 AM
If he wants a near max deal and we want him we can always offer Parkerīs contract and something in a sign and trade scenario.
I guess Tony and Boris would do it.