PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Mudiay vs. The Bust

midnightpulp
03-11-2016, 07:22 AM
Last 5 games -

Mudiay: 21.6ppg, 6.4apg, 4.6rpg, .458FG%, .440 from 3 (:wow)

D'Bust: 20.6ppg, 4.8apg, 2.4rpg, .416FG%, .342 from 3

And Mudiay won their head-to-head matchup.

Russell is still the more polished scorer, but Mudiay does everything else better and is a step up athletically, and if he develops of jumper (which it looks like he's doing), he'll be the best PG to come out of his draft class.

I have D'Bust (begrudgingly) as my rookie PG of the year, but Mudiay is right on his heels. It will come down to whether or not he can develop a shot.

Mitch didn't blow it yet (although he did blow it by not picking Big Oak or Porz), but it'll be interesting to track these two next year. Hopefully Mudiay explodes and we can drive another stake through that franchise's heart.

Killakobe81
03-11-2016, 07:34 AM
Oak is a moot point and i aint even sold on Porzy 100% but i agree if the Lakers didnt take Russ porzy would have been a good gamble or Turner.
So far only one sure fire stud in this draft ... Kat. I think the guys i mentioned plus mudiay hezonja and Booker will all be high quality starters and potentially fringe allstars but will ANY become all nba caliber? even 3rd team? Only one i feel sure of is KAT tbh.
But glad you finally let that bone go still dont know why so many stoll blind worship oak. Great post game no doubt but the kner soreness off court and just a failure to dominate give me pause. Turner seems to show me some things i dobt see in Oak. But we will see.

midnightpulp
03-11-2016, 07:58 AM
Oak is a moot point and i aint even sold on Porzy 100% but i agree if the Lakers didnt take Russ porzy would have been a good gamble or Turner.
So far only one sure fire stud in this draft ... Kat. I think the guys i mentioned plus mudiay hezonja and Booker will all be high quality starters and potentially fringe allstars but will ANY become all nba caliber? even 3rd team? Only one i feel sure of is KAT tbh.
But glad you finally let that bone go still dont know why so many stoll blind worship oak. Great post game no doubt but the kner soreness off court and just a failure to dominate give me pause. Turner seems to show me some things i dobt see in Oak. But we will see.

Oak was in stride before the injury. You also can't be results oriented and use hindsight bias when a player gets injured. Oak was the safer and better pick at 2 than Russell. That said, neither are centerpieces since both can't play defense. Porz actually leads all rookies in DRPM and is in the top ten among PFs.

Bynumite
03-11-2016, 08:51 AM
Why do you do this to yourself mid? :lol

Thread
03-11-2016, 08:55 AM
That rent free thingy.

Bynumite
03-11-2016, 09:05 AM
Besides, Russell's last 5 games include the Cavs, Warriors and Hawks.

Mudiay's last 5 games include the Knicks, Lakers, Nets and Suns, 4 of the top 5 worst teams in the league :lol

Buddy Mignon
03-11-2016, 09:54 AM
Last 5 games -

Russell is still the more polished scorer, but Mudiay does everything else better and is a step up athletically, and if he develops of jumper (which it looks like he's doing), he'll be the best PG to come out of his draft class.

I have D'Bust (begrudgingly) as my rookie PG of the year, but Mudiay is right on his heels. It will come down to whether or not he can develop a shot.

Mitch didn't blow it yet (although he did blow it by not picking Big Oak or Porz), but it'll be interesting to track these two next year. Hopefully Mudiay explodes and we can drive another stake through that franchise's heart.

Lol... nice cherry pick, faggot. You dare to compare Russells numbers against the top 5 rookies since all-star break? Oak is done for the season... bad attitude and all.

Buddy Mignon
03-11-2016, 10:08 AM
Last 5 games -

And also... why are you using these old fashioned stats that will render Kobe as nothing more than a useless chucker and not those upgraded advanced stats when comparing these two?

Kawhitstorm
03-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Oak is a moot point and i aint even sold on Porzy 100%

Zingis got badly outplayed by Jokic, dude has been ass the past 2 wks while #7/#13 picks are ballin' out of control.:lol

Kawhitstorm
03-11-2016, 12:35 PM
You dare to compare Russells numbers against the top 5 rookies since all-star break?

Mudiyaaaaaaa: 2-0 vs. #2 & #4 picks:sleep

Killakobe81
03-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Oak was in stride before the injury. You also can't be results oriented and use hindsight bias when a player gets injured. Oak was the safer and better pick at 2 than Russell. That said, neither are centerpieces since both can't play defense. Porz actually leads all rookies in DRPM and is in the top ten among PFs.

In stride? He was having a net negative results on the lineups that included he and Noel even when he was putting up big scoring numbers. I am not saying he is not a good player but Spur fan acting like he was stud we whiffed on. Not only did we have Russell rated higher so did Philly. So no one is using hindsight bias. I already admitted I was eaning Oak before the draft ...because you are right he was the "safer" pick. So was Mudiay. Lakers were looking to gamble on Russ or Porzy and chose Russ. And I get why. You don't ...oh well.

Porzy seems to have hit a wall. I dont think he is as good as he looked for a stretch or as shitty as he is playing now. But all these guys are rookies. Like i have been saying all year to early to really say anything definitive except that KAT will be the best player of this group and that russ is not a bust. Everything else has pretty much went as expected. Booker has also been scoring well lately too. Draft class seems very strong just not many legit superstars.

RsxPiimp
03-11-2016, 04:09 PM
Zingis got badly outplayed by Jokic, dude has been ass the past 2 wks while #7/#13 picks are ballin' out of control.:lol

Agree :lol

Matter of fact, forget about D'Angelo and Mudiay for a minute. Devin Booker is just killing it in Phoenix.

Rookie guards over the past 5 games:

•Booker 28.4 ppg /49 fg% / 36% 3fg / 5 apg / 3 rpg
•Mudiay 21.6 ppg / 46 fg% / 44% 3fg / 6.4 apg / 4.6 rpg
•Russell 20.6 ppg / 42 fg% / 34% 3fg/ 4.8 apg / 1.6 spg

Overall this draft is shaping up us as one of the best since 2003. Miami had a pretty good draft, Josh Richardson is such a steal, reminds me of Clarkson. Jokic is no joke (no pun) You got Cauley Stein, Winslow and don't sleep on Stanley Johnson and Hezonja. I think they'll blow up in their sophomore seasons.

Spurs9
03-11-2016, 04:34 PM
Agree :lol

Matter of fact, forget about D'Angelo and Mudiay for a minute. Devin Booker is just killing it in Phoenix.

Rookie guards over the past 5 games:

•Booker 28.4 ppg /49 fg% / 36% 3fg / 5 apg / 3 rpg
•Mudiay 21.6 ppg / 46 fg% / 44% 3fg / 6.4 apg / 4.6 rpg
•Russell 20.6 ppg / 42 fg% / 34% 3fg/ 4.8 apg / 1.6 spg

Overall this draft is shaping up us as one of the best since 2003. Miami had a pretty good draft, Josh Richardson is such a steal, reminds me of Clarkson. Jokic is no joke (no pun) You got Cauley Stein, Winslow and don't sleep on Stanley Johnson and Hezonja. I think they'll blow up in their sophomore seasons.
All 3 guys are going to be good players. Probably out of the 3 right now I would chose Booker though, I really like his game. Just wish he wasn't on such a bad team.

LkrFan
03-11-2016, 04:38 PM

Mudiay's last 5 games include the Knicks, Lakers, Nets and Suns, 4 of the top 5 worst teams in the league :lol

midnightpulp conveniently left that part out. :lol

midnightpulp
03-11-2016, 08:01 PM

Who's the starting PG of that team? :downspin:

LkrFan
03-11-2016, 08:04 PM
D'Bust > Mudfoot.

Medvedenko
03-11-2016, 08:47 PM
What about the last 10 games there mid?

Galileo
03-11-2016, 09:07 PM
Its pretty obvious that when Mudiay develops even a half-way decent jump-shot, he will be a beats and routine all-star. Can't say that for D'Bust.

Buddy Mignon
03-11-2016, 09:53 PM
Its pretty obvious that when Mudiay develops even a half-way decent jump-shot, he will be a beats and routine all-star. Can't say that for D'Bust.

Really? We're going to vote Russ in the allstar next year.:lol

midnightpulp
03-12-2016, 12:47 AM
And also... why are you using these old fashioned stats that will render Kobe as nothing more than a useless chucker and not those upgraded advanced stats when comparing these two?

I still have Russell as the better player right now, primarily because his metrics are better. Mudiay's season long awful shooting have killed his metrics.

But now it looks like Mudiay's jumper is coming around, and if that continues, Mudiay will move past Russell as the best PG of this class.

HemisfairArena
03-12-2016, 12:59 AM
That rent free thingy.

OP makes a thread and laker fans come runnin',,,,6 laker fans out of the gate responding quickly. You're right on livin' rent free,,,you're just wrong on who's gettin' played,,,

Thread
03-12-2016, 03:50 AM
OP makes a thread and laker fans come runnin',,,,6 laker fans out of the gate responding quickly. You're right on livin' rent free,,,you're just wrong on who's gettin' played,,,

That rent free thingy.

Splits
03-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Really? We're going to vote Russ in the allstar next year.:lol

Want to bet another $1000 whore on that one?

LkrFan
03-12-2016, 07:30 PM
Want to bet another $1000 whore on that one?

Don't do it son. Remember, Jim got in the ASG with 13/8. D'Bust is at 13.5/3.5/3.5 as a rook. His numbers are sure to go up from there.

Silver&Black
03-12-2016, 07:35 PM
Don't do it son. Remember, Jim got in the ASG with 13/8. D'Bust is at 13.5/3.5/3.5 as a rook. His numbers are sure to go up from there.

o

LkrFan
03-12-2016, 08:32 PM
o/5 in title defenses

Tru dat! :lol

Mitch
03-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Pablo with the goods, tbh

Venti Quattro
03-12-2016, 09:42 PM
Pablo with the goods, tbh

The Life of Pablo

Kawhitstorm
03-13-2016, 10:28 PM
D'Bust getting locked up by Bitcharova's EX:lmao

midnightpulp
03-13-2016, 10:49 PM
:lol benched in favor of Huertas.

Splits
03-13-2016, 10:50 PM
:lol benched in favor of Huertas.

:lmao and Huertas got spun around by Calderon for the game winner

Killakobe81
03-14-2016, 01:04 AM
Lou comes back and it goes to shit ...
Ahh well need the extra ping pong balls

midnightpulp
03-14-2016, 10:18 PM
23 and 10 tonight. He's developing.

LkrFan
03-14-2016, 10:20 PM
23 and 10 tonight. He's developing.

He also has a neon green light. They even got rid of the midget to ensure he has free reign.

midnightpulp
03-14-2016, 10:30 PM
He also has a neon green light. They even got rid of the midget to ensure he has free reign.

Yep. A big plus that he doesn't have to share minutes with a strong pg like Huertas.

LkrFan
03-14-2016, 11:33 PM
Yep. A big plus that he doesn't have to share minutes with a strong pg like Huertas.

:lol

spursistan
03-14-2016, 11:39 PM
Few other players i' consider the Lakers to have whiffed on in retrospect: Winslow/Myles Turner..Basically D'Bust will end up as 6-7th best player of this draft..

Bynumite
03-28-2016, 11:44 AM
After shooting 1-11 last week, this is Mudiay's stat line vs the clips yesterday.

2-15, 0-5 3PT, 4 PTS, 2 REB, 1 AST in 22 minutes :lmao

Once again mid comes through with the pg scouting goods :toast

Raven
03-28-2016, 12:09 PM
i have always thought that both were garbage, but I can see why someone would draft mudiay high, he has the athleticism to do something in the future. Dbust, otoh, is just baffling. He already is an undeniable bust, they thought they drafted a pg with great handles and passing :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

midnightpulp
03-28-2016, 09:15 PM
Nice Pre-Ejac Bynumite.

D'Bust, 0-5 tonight, and getting lit up by Rodney Hood.

The 2nd half will basically be garbage time, so D'Bust will pad to make his line look respectable.

Kawhitstorm
03-28-2016, 09:18 PM
D'Bust, 0-5 tonight, and getting lit up by Rodney Hood.

Hood, 30 pts & eight 3s at the half :wow

midnightpulp
03-28-2016, 09:19 PM
Hood, 30 pts & eight 3s at the half :wow

Fuckin' nuts.

:lol Lakers

midnightpulp
03-28-2016, 10:19 PM
:lol Scott subbing the Bust in down by 50 so he score a couple of baskets.