PDA

View Full Version : Trump U. suit: Donald can’t identify his ‘hand-picked’ faculty

RandomGuy
03-11-2016, 03:08 PM
Donald Trump acknowledged in two recent sworn depositions that he did not “hand-pick” any of the instructors at Trump University — one of whom was a convicted felon, according to new court filings in the case.

On the campaign trail in recent days, Trump has been vigorously defending the operations of Trump University, describing the lawsuits against the now defunct school as a “minor civil case” that he will win and that were brought by a “sleazebag law firm.”

But the new court filings in two of the cases in San Diego show the toll they have been taking on his time in recent months, as he was forced to sit for hours of closed-door grilling by plaintiffs’ lawyers on Dec. 10, 2015, and Jan. 21, 2016, even while running for president.

In the December deposition, lawyers for the plaintiffs — former students of the school who claim they were defrauded — repeatedly confronted Trump with the names of the instructors at the school and asked him what he knew about them. The issue is key in the case because the school’s promotional literature claimed that Trump had personally chosen them and that they were “the best of the best.”

“Learn from Donald Trump’s handpicked experts how you can profit from the largest real estate liquidation in history,” reads one of the school’s promotional brochures.

“Can you identify a single person who was a live events instructor for Trump University?” plaintiffs’ lawyer Jason Forge asked Trump at the Dec. 10 deposition.

“You’d have to give me a list,” Trump replied.

Forge then clicked off 49 names, asking Trump if he could identify if they had been students at the school or instructors. Trump testified that he couldn’t identify any of them, repeatedly giving answers such as, “Too many years,” “I don’t know” and, at one point, “Some of these names sound familiar to me. I don’t know.” Forge also showed Trump a photo lineup of former instructors, asking if he recognized any of them. “No. No, I don’t,” he replied.

One name that got attention in the depositions was James Harris, a former Trump University instructor. The lawyers for the plaintiffs introduced an exhibit in the case showing that, before he had been a Trump University real estate instructor, he had been convicted of aggravated assault in Georgia. Asked about Harris and if he was qualified to be an instructor, Trump replied, “I don’t know the people. I wasn’t running it.”

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump-u-suit-donald-cant-identify-his-213759095.html

ChumpDumper
03-11-2016, 03:20 PM
He just didn't use his hand. You know, germs and stuff.

hater
03-11-2016, 03:41 PM
I have to agree Trump has had some shady businesses. I remember when a guy invited me to a "huge event" he said. I dressed up expecting to go to a party with football players and models. The dude took me to a fucking community center meeting room where they were selling some fucking pyramid scheme phone service shut. And they played the video in the projector and Donald Trump was speaking :lol

Still. He's miles better of neocon Shillary :lol

Can't hate a guy for making that paper

Blake
03-11-2016, 03:48 PM
Can't hate a guy for making that paper

You can if he makes it by duping people into enrolling at Trump U

hater
03-11-2016, 03:52 PM
You can if he makes it by duping people into enrolling at Trump U

Darwins theory tbh. Stupid ppl pay $ for worse scams: Diet pills, hair loss pills, dick enlargement pills,

Blake
03-11-2016, 04:21 PM
Darwins theory tbh. Stupid ppl pay $ for worse scams: Diet pills, hair loss pills, dick enlargement pills,

So you agree he scammed people tho

hater
03-11-2016, 04:58 PM
So you agree he scammed people tho

Not any more so than any other billionaire or politician like Billary

ChumpDumper
03-11-2016, 05:05 PM
lol hater really trying hard to spin for his deity du jour.

Blake
03-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Not any more so than any other billionaire or politician like Billary

But you're OK with him scamming people

DMX7
03-11-2016, 05:10 PM
A lot of them signed report cards right after they took the classes saying they loved it! AND those report cards were absolutely not solicited for the purpose of future legal defense.

ChumpDumper
03-11-2016, 05:12 PM
Trump U.'s ratings skyrocketed after it stopped operating.

DMX7
03-11-2016, 05:15 PM
It suspended operations. It's going to start back up soon.

Blake
03-11-2016, 05:16 PM
A lot of them signed report cards right after they took the classes saying they loved it! AND those report cards were absolutely not solicited for the purpose of future legal defense.

Yeah, that hurts the plaintiffs case, but I think Donald still will have to pay.

hater
03-11-2016, 05:33 PM
But you're OK with him scamming people

You are ok with Billary scamming ppl as well right?

Mitch
03-11-2016, 05:38 PM
More you criticize Trump, stronger he gets. If he wins it all this is going to be fun to watch.

Blake
03-11-2016, 05:39 PM
You are ok with Billary scamming ppl as well right?

I'm not ok with anyone scamming people. Why are you trying to deflect from Trump's scam?

hater
03-11-2016, 05:46 PM
I'm not ok with anyone scamming people. Why are you trying to deflect from Trump's scam?

If you voted in any presidential election you basically were ok with that person you voted for scamming people.

Have you ever voted in a presidential.election?

Mitch
03-11-2016, 06:10 PM
If you voted in any presidential election you basically were ok with that person you voted for scamming people.

That cuck probably votes for frontrunner only :lol

His voting pattern was probably this:
Clinton
Gore
Obama
Hillary

Blake
03-11-2016, 06:20 PM

Man, you're going to great lengths to white knight for your lord and savior.

If/when they did commit fraud, I didn't condone it. You're literally condoning fraud.

Blake
03-11-2016, 06:21 PM
That cuck probably votes for frontrunner only :lol

His voting pattern was probably this:
Clinton
Gore
Obama
Hillary

You're edgy so you're probably writing in Rand Paul, amirite

ChumpDumper
03-11-2016, 06:56 PM
More you criticize Trump, stronger he gets. If he wins it all this is going to be fun to watch.What will be fun about it?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-11-2016, 10:03 PM
More you criticize Trump, stronger he gets. If he wins it all this is going to be fun to watch.

It's not that he gets stronger its just the people that vote for him don't care. He gets about the same demographically everywhere he competes no matter what.

hater
03-11-2016, 10:17 PM
Man, you're going to great lengths to white knight for your lord and savior.

If/when they did commit fraud, I didn't condone it. You're literally condoning fraud.

just showing how much of a hypocrite you are. if you voted for any of previous candidates you were okay with them scamming people.

ALL POLITICIANS ARE SCAM ARTISTS

if you deny that fact, you are in a sad sad state

Mitch
03-11-2016, 10:18 PM
It's not that he gets stronger its just the people that vote for him don't care. He gets about the same demographically everywhere he competes no matter what.

More people stop caring and start voting for him as the media tries harder. A lot of his voters don't like the establishment and the influence they have on the media. In Trump's case, any negative media attention is free advertisement and that makes him stronger.

Reck
03-11-2016, 10:25 PM
More people stop caring and start voting for him as the media tries harder. A lot of his voters don't like the establishment and the influence they have on the media. In Trump's case, any negative media attention is free advertisement and that makes him stronger.

Damn Mitch, here's your fucking lance.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/2/22/Grow_Lance_FF7.png/revision/latest?cb=20100614195200

You keep saying this is not going to hurt him. It will.

The University scam is not over yet. Trump should be the last person referring to someone as a criminal.

All this buffonery that's going on will all culminate in his demise. What happened tonight will also effect him. You watch.

Mitch
03-11-2016, 10:30 PM
Damn Mitch, here's your fucking lance.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/2/22/Grow_Lance_FF7.png/revision/latest?cb=20100614195200

You keep saying this is not going to hurt him. It will.

The University scam is not over yet. Trump should be the last person referring to someone as a criminal.

All this buffonery that's going on will all culminate in his demise. What happened tonight will also effect him. You watch.

It's a game of jenga, Reck. The only difference is every piece you take out, you put two back on top.

I think something will eventually get him, but it won't be Trump U. Either he finally gets grilled correctly for non-specifics or somebody triggers him with something and he makes such a big ass of himself that his voters snap out of it :lol

Not sure what the lance is tho, Reck. I'm just stating observations, my positive talk isn't optimism.

Blake
03-12-2016, 01:36 AM
just showing how much of a hypocrite you are. if you voted for any of previous candidates you were okay with them scamming people.

ALL POLITICIANS ARE SCAM ARTISTS

if you deny that fact, you are in a sad sad state

So you're okay with scams

hater
03-12-2016, 10:30 AM
So you're okay with scams

As are you

Blake
03-12-2016, 02:12 PM
As are you

No I'm not. Why are you okay with fraud?

ChumpDumper
03-12-2016, 02:19 PM
lol hater

hater
03-12-2016, 02:30 PM
No I'm not. Why are you okay with fraud?

You are if you voted.

Blake
03-12-2016, 03:27 PM
You are if you voted.

False conclusion. Why are you OK with fraud?

hater
03-13-2016, 09:25 AM
You are if you voted.

Blake
03-13-2016, 11:39 AM
False conclusion.

Blake
03-13-2016, 11:52 AM
:cry "tu quoque" :cry

RandomGuy
03-18-2016, 11:48 AM
It's a game of jenga, Reck. The only difference is every piece you take out, you put two back on top.

I think something will eventually get him, but it won't be Trump U. Either he finally gets grilled correctly for non-specifics or somebody triggers him with something and he makes such a big ass of himself that his voters snap out of it :lol

Not sure what the lance is tho, Reck. I'm just stating observations, my positive talk isn't optimism.

The optics, of a billionairre scamming regular people out of money... that is the kind of thing that will have legs. It is too tidy a narrative to let die.