PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green - 33% from Three - TRADE

tholdren
03-12-2016, 08:56 PM
Dude is a waste. get him out da club

lilbthebasedgod
03-12-2016, 09:03 PM
Yep, lets trade him. When is the deadline again?

tholdren
03-12-2016, 09:07 PM
Yep, lets trade him. When is the deadline again?
Id trade him for a sack of shit. there's no deadline for that

ElNono
03-12-2016, 09:17 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/3022xjl.png

loveforthegame
03-12-2016, 09:18 PM
A shooting guard who can't shoot now.

spurraider21
03-12-2016, 09:20 PM
Till the end of the line

Spurtacular
03-12-2016, 09:26 PM
Spurs should've kept Jimmer.

tholdren
03-12-2016, 09:31 PM
this

midnightpulp
03-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Just a d league talent doing d league talent things.

Floyd Pacquiao
03-12-2016, 09:41 PM
He's locking down Durant when he's on him

cjw
03-12-2016, 09:42 PM
Jimmer couldn't even stick with the Knicks. Let's move on

Spurtacular
03-12-2016, 09:43 PM
He's locking down Durant when he's on him

Yea, I think he's a plus on defense.

Texas_Ranger
03-12-2016, 09:44 PM
and I thought Roberts from OKC was the worst SG starter in the NBA... at least that scrub ain't getting 10M a year.

Spurtacular
03-12-2016, 09:44 PM
Jimmer couldn't even stick with the Knicks. Let's move on

Jimmer is the all-time eFG% leader for the Knicks.

SuperCam
03-12-2016, 09:45 PM
mfer signed a fat contract and is getting away with stealing money :bang

TheGreatYacht
03-12-2016, 09:47 PM
Start Simmons

urunobili
03-12-2016, 09:49 PM
Butler was insurance for this :depressed

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-12-2016, 09:49 PM

:lol

pgardn
03-12-2016, 09:50 PM
He's floating around on his 3. The lack of draining the thing has him acquiring bad habits. The D is still good.

Calm down.

pgardn
03-12-2016, 09:51 PM
Butler was insurance for this :depressed

What is Martin?

urunobili
03-12-2016, 09:52 PM
What is Martin?

What you saw in the first half...

jermaine
03-12-2016, 09:53 PM
Martin should be playing. ... hit his only 3ball!!!!! Taken out for Turnobili

tholdren
03-12-2016, 09:57 PM
someone who knocks down an open shot?

Neurosis
03-12-2016, 09:57 PM
He shot 49% in January, thought he was back. Then went down to 37% in February (still serviceable) and now he's shot 11% in just 5 games in March. That good month of January makes me think he'll turn it around again, but it seems like his form is inconsistent. The first shot he took today against OKC looked hella weird, the way he jumped almost looked like he got tripped over his own feet. He's doing weird shit like that on a lot of his shots it seems. I'm sure he's working with Chip...or at least I hope he is.

pgardn
03-12-2016, 09:58 PM

Oh shit.

I forgot he is fully integrated.
Does he have a parking spot?

spursparker9
03-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Law of average.

He will shoot 45% in playoffs

HarlemHeat37
03-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Sucks, Spurs have an iffy chance vs. the Warriors if he continues going downhill, tbh..

dbestpro
03-12-2016, 10:34 PM
Danny Green is giving Spur fans flashbacks of Jaren Jackson.

Spurtacular
03-12-2016, 11:43 PM
1-9 3FG tonight. (1-10 FG)

Chinook
03-12-2016, 11:50 PM
He wasn't shooting well, and he was still extremely critical to the game. And the one shot he made was the most important one, because that's was when Russ deliberately left him open. So it was like Westbrook told Green, "I no longer believe you can hurt us," and Danny was like, "You were saying...".

That said, yes, I'd like him to shoot better. But he's the best two-guard on the roster right now, all things considering.

Kawhitstorm
03-13-2016, 03:08 AM
He wasn't shooting well, and he was still extremely critical to the game. And the one shot he made was the most important one, because that's was when Russ deliberately left him open. So it was like Westbrook told Green, "I no longer believe you can hurt us," and Danny was like, "You were saying...".

WestBrick ALWAYS gambles & leaves shooters open, I don't think he even care about who he's guarding if his man is off the ball.:lol

YVitzGz9g2s

SPURt
03-13-2016, 05:29 AM
HAHAHA!!!

SouthernFried
03-13-2016, 05:47 AM
I've never liked Danny's form and release on his shot. All wrist. Still, others have had terrible form and did well...and Danny has done well in the past with it. But, bad form can come back and bite you in the butt.

He should be shooting 100+ 3 pointers a day, and working with Chip the entire time. That 3 needs to come back, cuz we need his D.

james evans
03-13-2016, 09:11 AM
Green is paid $10 million a year for 2 jobs. Hit OPEN 3s and play defense and he hasn't done either well this season.

Maddog
03-13-2016, 10:16 AM

That said, yes, I'd like him to shoot better. But he's the best two-guard on the roster right now, all things considering.

His defense was incredible
I'm concerned, but really great D

tholdren
03-13-2016, 10:32 AM

No he's not the best 2. He's a liability on offense. He plays scared. There was such a lull in the offense where spurs need a scorer. Either put martin in, or bonner. They were picked up and kept for offense. Playing a sound team, spurs would not have won last night. Green's defense was less impact than thunder being playground people

JuneJive
03-13-2016, 10:52 AM
There's not that many elite backcourt defenders in the league.

Green making threes is just icing on the cake.

His shot will always be respected. And in the case he goes on fire, there's no way we lose the game.

100%duncan
03-13-2016, 12:01 PM
There's not that many elite backcourt defenders in the league.

Green making threes is just icing on the cake.

His shot will always be respected. And in the case he goes on fire, there's no way we lose the game.

It's not icing, we need it.

But yeah, he did some awesome D as always. Just got to have last season shooting back.

Taking it to the Hole
03-13-2016, 12:30 PM
I am just as concerned as everyone is about Green's shooting slump, but the guy is playing solid defense and he is hustling trying to make plays. From what we can see when he is shooting is that he is thinking too much and not shooting on instinct and muscle memory. I think he just needs a string of big shots in key games to help his confidence. However, I don't think people should be saying he is not pulling his weight. Green has done a lot for this team and hit a HELLUVA lot of 3 pointers for us. He is in a slump. Slumps don't last forever. Come playoffs, I think he will get the ice water back in his veins and be just fine.

Raven
03-13-2016, 12:58 PM
he's #3 in defensive rating and #7 in net rating overall

tholdren
03-13-2016, 01:29 PM
he's #3 in defensive rating and #7 in net rating overall

Who cares? Only people who don't watch

Raven
03-13-2016, 01:34 PM
those who care about winning?

ChumpDumper
03-13-2016, 03:05 PM

thislol KKKrew

bic50
03-13-2016, 03:08 PM

Who cares about jimmer?

DMC
03-13-2016, 03:09 PM
If Danny never hits another 3 in his life, I'd keep him in the rotation just for his defense.

Mel_13
03-13-2016, 03:14 PM
those who care about winning?

+1

Obstructed_View
03-13-2016, 03:34 PM
Not a superstitious guy, but Danny needs to go back to number 4 ASAMFP. Went back and looked at his shooting form last night compared to the finals, and it's the only difference.

BatManu20
03-13-2016, 03:34 PM
Green is paid $10 million a year for 2 jobs. Hit OPEN 3s and play defense and he hasn't done either well this season.

Huh? He's still a huge plus defensively. He did a great job on Durant last night.

ElNono
03-13-2016, 03:36 PM
In nights where we need his D, he's indispensable, tbh... but there will be nights where we won't need to shut down X or Y player, or Danny just doesn't match up well (ie: Monta), and you can always use a more offensive player.

The good thing is that we do have alternatives on the team now.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2016, 03:37 PM
I have a feeling Martin is here for exactly that reason.

ElNono
03-13-2016, 03:38 PM
I have a feeling Martin is here for exactly that reason.

same

Spurtacular
03-13-2016, 03:52 PM
lol KKKrew

Schtick.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2016, 03:56 PM
Schtick.I used to think your racism was a shtick.

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2016, 03:57 PM
I used to think your racism was a shtick.
:lol

At least tholdren never denies his racism, tbh..

Spurtacular
03-13-2016, 04:04 PM
Just another clown show.

Chinook
03-13-2016, 04:31 PM
I'm happy Pop went to Danny as the designated defender. Doing that is best way to keep Green's head in the game. Plus, I think the Thunder pretty much know how they'd game plan for Kawhi defending KD. During those times, they just ran the 1/3 PnR. They started off the game trying to get Durant in the low post, and that didn't work. After that, they really didn't attack Green consistently. It was a very odd choice by Donovan.

spurraider21
03-13-2016, 04:36 PM

it was important because he had missed his previous 7 or so. if he made 2-3 of those like he's supposed to, you wouldn't be in that position to need such an important shot

unless its a buzzer beating game winner or a truly game deciding shot, you can't take a 1-9 shooting game and be like "oh but that 1 he made was really good"... its ridiculous to do so

timtonymanu
03-13-2016, 04:39 PM
I'm starting to hope we play Houston in the 1st round, tbh. We really need Green to get going from 3 and the Rockets are the perfect team for him to go off on

Chinook
03-13-2016, 04:44 PM
it was important because he had missed his previous 7 or so. if he made 2-3 of those like he's supposed to, you wouldn't be in that position to need such an important shot

Green's biggest value to the offense is that other teams believe he'll hit open shots. He made the one where OKC decided to call his bluff. If he had to make only one shot, that's the one he needed to make. Again, Russ left Green open on purpose to go try to freelance. If Green had missed that one, OKC would have Robersoned him the rest of the game (even if he had made one later).

unless its a buzzer beating game winner or a truly game deciding shot, you can't take a 1-9 shooting game and be like "oh but that 1 he made was really good"... its ridiculous to do so

Of course you can. I'm not dismissing his poor shooting night because the one shot made was important. It doesn't outweigh the fact that he missed looks that would possibly have put the game away had he made them. But it's possible the Spurs lose if he misses that shot, which is why he was asked if his three turned the game in the post-game interview.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2016, 05:58 PM

Exactly. When you shoot 1-9 in a close game, that one make becomes the really important shot.

tholdren
03-13-2016, 08:54 PM
Green's biggest value to the offense is that other teams believe he'll hit open shots. He made the one where OKC decided to call his bluff. If he had to make only one shot, that's the one he needed to make. Again, Russ left Green open on purpose to go try to freelance. If Green had missed that one, OKC would have Robersoned him the rest of the game (even if he had made one later).

Of course you can. I'm not dismissing his poor shooting night because the one shot made was important. It doesn't outweigh the fact that he missed looks that would possibly have put the game away had he made them. But it's possible the Spurs lose if he misses that shot, which is why he was asked if his three turned the game in the post-game interview.

get over it - he's had a terrible shooting SEASON, not a game. His defense is overrated by the spurs fans who did the same thing with tiago. He's a 2 and cannot dribble. I have never seen that. He's weak minded.

DPG21920
03-13-2016, 09:08 PM
get over it - he's had a terrible shooting SEASON, not a game. His defense is overrated by the spurs fans who did the same thing with tiago. He's a 2 and cannot dribble. I have never seen that. He's weak minded.

This doesn't make any sense. If he sucks, why did SA re-sign him? If he sucks, how did SA make 3 straight WCF, 2 Finals and win another title with such a gaping hole? How is SA with TP sucking and DG's overrated defense the top defense in the league with such a gaping defensive hole?

No one is saying he's had a great season - especially by his own lofty standards. What people are saying is that despite his shooting woes this year, he STILL adds value and when the shooting comes he's pretty much irreplaceable

SpursforSix
03-13-2016, 09:19 PM

Lol. I'm not agreeing in toto but nigga can't dribble or drive. It amazing that an NBA 2 looks so bad going to the rim. I like Green and don't have a problem with the contract or him starting. But I've played in shitty pick up games whee everyone was a better finisher than DG. Hard to believe that he hasn't developed this any more than it is.

DPG21920
03-13-2016, 09:23 PM
Lol. I'm not agreeing in toto but nigga can't dribble or drive. It amazing that an NBA 2 looks so bad going to the rim. I like Green and don't have a problem with the contract or him starting. But I've played in shitty pick up games whee everyone was a better finisher than DG. Hard to believe that he hasn't developed this any more than it is.

Bruh, if DG played in your pick up games, he would be the best point guard, finisher and everything else :lol This is against NBA talent. He has a flaw. If he could handle the ball like Steph Curry he would be a top 10 player in the league with his ability to hit 3's and defend at a high level with fantastic ball-handling/finishing ability.

SpursforSix
03-13-2016, 09:31 PM
Bruh, if DG played in your pick up games, he would be the best point guard, finisher and everything else :lol This is against NBA talent. He has a flaw. If he could handle the ball like Steph Curry he would be a top 10 player in the league with his ability to hit 3's and defend at a high level with fantastic ball-handling/finishing ability.

He''d be a better finisher because he'd be physically dominant. But when he goes to the rim, his body doesn't move right. Surely you know what I'm talking about.

DPG21920
03-13-2016, 09:34 PM
He''d be a better finisher because he'd be physically dominant. But when he goes to the rim, his body doesn't move right. Surely you know what I'm talking about.

Yes, I do. But again, that's because he's going against crazy NBA talent. He has a flaw, that one is his. There are a lot of people who struggle handling the ball and finishing in the paint, even at 2 guard.

There aren't a lot of people that have proven they can hit 3's like DG while defending at the level he does. Everyone agrees it would be great if he could get to the rack more, but to act like he sucks because of that flaw when he's proven that he does not is crazy.

Basically this is the mindset I would expect some casual NBA fan to have, not Spurs fans who have literally watched Danny for a long time now. He's struggling bad with his shot - no way around it. It sucks, but has DG not earned the benefit of the doubt?

I guess the best way to put it: Were you really surprised when Danny nailed that 3 to make Westbrook pay for that stupid gamble in the guts of the game despite being 0-7 at that point? I wasn't. At all.

SpursforSix
03-13-2016, 09:59 PM
Yes, I do. But again, that's because he's going against crazy NBA talent. He has a flaw, that one is his. There are a lot of people who struggle handling the ball and finishing in the paint, even at 2 guard.

There aren't a lot of people that have proven they can hit 3's like DG while defending at the level he does. Everyone agrees it would be great if he could get to the rack more, but to act like he sucks because of that flaw when he's proven that he does not is crazy.

Basically this is the mindset I would expect some casual NBA fan to have, not Spurs fans who have literally watched Danny for a long time now. He's struggling bad with his shot - no way around it. It sucks, but has DG not earned the benefit of the doubt?

I guess the best way to put it: Were you really surprised when Danny nailed that 3 to make Westbrook pay for that stupid gamble in the guts of the game despite being 0-7 at that point? I wasn't. At all.

I'm not worried about him. He does what he needs to do. It's just odd that with his athleticism, he's not a better finisher. But maybe if he was, the Spurs don't have him or he's eating up even more money.

DPG21920
03-13-2016, 10:03 PM
It's ok to be worried, I kind of am. But I still realize he has value even at rock bottom offensively because at a minimum he has the "gravity" that Chinook was discussing.

SpursforSix
03-13-2016, 10:10 PM
It's ok to be worried, I kind of am. But I still realize he has value even at rock bottom offensively because at a minimum he has the "gravity" that Chinook was discussing.

Idk. What I do know is that if he had any of my finishing skills (albeit against non NBA players), he'd be devastating.

SpursforSix
03-13-2016, 10:11 PM
It's like he never watched basketball when he was little and never tried to emulate the greats that could hang in the air for that extra microsecond, draw contact, and get up a legit shot.

spurtech09
03-13-2016, 11:07 PM
Danny can jump pretty high from what Ive seen this yr but for some reason his shot is short or just bit off.....I remember last yr his wrist was bothering him but don't remember what wrist it was...Maybe it has something to do with his wrist....

DPG21920
03-13-2016, 11:11 PM
Danny can jump pretty high from what Ive seen this yr but for some reason his shot is short or just bit off.....I remember last yr his wrist was bothering him but don't remember what wrist it was...Maybe it has something to do with his wrist....

Well, Coach Nick, who seems to be pretty respected posted a little video on Danny. He was saying Danny is really leading with his chest out on his jumper which is abnormal for him. Said it caused balance issues. I'm not smart enough to really see it based on the video he posted, but maybe there is something to it.

DMC
03-13-2016, 11:13 PM
And the Spurs couldn't afford him.

DMC
03-13-2016, 11:14 PM
Well, Coach Nick, who seems to be pretty respected posted a little video on Danny. He was saying Danny is really leading with his chest out on his jumper which is abnormal for him. Said it caused balance issues. I'm not smart enough to really see it based on the video he posted, but maybe there is something to it.
Perhaps the most heralded shooting coach in the NBA can help him?

taps
03-14-2016, 08:22 PM
jermaine should be bolded

tholdren
03-15-2016, 03:49 PM
This doesn't make any sense. If he sucks, why did SA re-sign him? If he sucks, how did SA make 3 straight WCF, 2 Finals and win another title with such a gaping hole? How is SA with TP sucking and DG's overrated defense the top defense in the league with such a gaping defensive hole?

No one is saying he's had a great season - especially by his own lofty standards. What people are saying is that despite his shooting woes this year, he STILL adds value and when the shooting comes he's pretty much irreplaceable

Matt bonner

tholdren
03-15-2016, 03:50 PM

Not true. I've witnessed current nba players play in tournaments and have not won, nor been the best on the court.

Obstructed_View
03-15-2016, 05:02 PM
Perhaps the most heralded shooting coach in the NBA can help him?

Yeah, the Spurs have probably the best shooting coach in the league. I'm not sure what this guy thinks he sees, but it's pretty clear he went looking for something. It's not a far-fetched idea; I did the same thing, but I was willing to admit that I couldn't see any difference other than perhaps the arc of the ball.

DMC
03-15-2016, 05:33 PM
He shoots best when he goes straight up, not jumping forward or in transition. He's not a good transition 3 shooter but he's hit a few. I thought Neal was better at that but maybe not.

DJR210
03-15-2016, 05:37 PM
Danny Green is giving Spur fans flashbacks of Jaren Jackson.

Oh god, not that D-Lo Brown mother fucker smh

Budkin
03-15-2016, 05:40 PM
We need the Tar Heel Triples.

Obstructed_View
03-15-2016, 07:27 PM
He shoots best when he goes straight up, not jumping forward or in transition. He's not a good transition 3 shooter but he's hit a few. I thought Neal was better at that but maybe not.

That's probably true for most shooters. From what I saw, he jumps about 8 inches forward consistently when he was killing it in the finals and when he went 1-9 the other night. He's surprisingly good at catching and shooting going left or right, and he can actually shoot in transition, either off the dribble or from a pass, though he likely doesn't do it often enough to get a real read on it.

I'd be interested in seeing his percentage of contested vs uncontested threes. My guess is that he actually shoots a lower percentage when there's nobody near him because his arc flattens out.

Mnky
03-15-2016, 08:21 PM
Oh Kawhi. Don't leave the one guy outside of Paul making a shot open..

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
03-15-2016, 09:41 PM
Shades of the old LDN tonight tbh

spurtech09
03-15-2016, 09:43 PM
Hope it's official..:)

tholdren
03-15-2016, 09:52 PM
great game by green - trade while value is high

DarrinS
03-15-2016, 10:48 PM
great game by green - trade while value is high

Uh, no

2centsworth
03-16-2016, 12:59 AM
Not true. I've witnessed current nba players play in tournaments and have not won, nor been the best on the court.

70yr old washed-up players don't count. I've played with a few NBA players and the shit's not fair, and I'm considered good.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-16-2016, 01:04 AM
Neal lost us 6 with that dumb shit...

Darius McCrary
03-16-2016, 01:06 AM
Good to see a LDN sighting tonight :tu

PopTheGOAT
03-16-2016, 02:12 AM
When he's on a stretch where he's "on", he's actually pretty good in transition where he pulls up at the top of the arc for 3 and momentum makes him land like 2-3 ft ahead of the line. It's pretty awkward, really. I've remember talking about it with a few of my buddies who also noticed it.

DMC
03-16-2016, 07:47 AM
That's probably true for most shooters. From what I saw, he jumps about 8 inches forward consistently when he was killing it in the finals and when he went 1-9 the other night. He's surprisingly good at catching and shooting going left or right, and he can actually shoot in transition, either off the dribble or from a pass, though he likely doesn't do it often enough to get a real read on it.

I'd be interested in seeing his percentage of contested vs uncontested threes. My guess is that he actually shoots a lower percentage when there's nobody near him because his arc flattens out.

I was watching his commercial where he shoots the three several times. He does just as you said each time so I suppose that's his natural action. He seems to accentuate the jump when someone is guarding him though.

TheDoctor
03-16-2016, 08:30 AM
Let's hope Verde keep it rolling tbh. At this point he’s there for defense 1st (which he's doing an amazing job) and secondly to shoot treys.

If Danny turns hot coming Playoffs time = NBA's fucked.

tmtcsc
03-16-2016, 08:35 AM
4-5 on three's is great and shows what this team can do if Green's making shots. He's had big games but has not been consistent. Have a few 4 out of 5 games where he makes at least 3 three pointers and I'll feel better. We don't need a crazy amount of points from him - just make defenders play honest and make the open shots they give you.

look_at_g_shred
03-16-2016, 10:14 AM
nba = cucked

BackHome
03-16-2016, 10:40 AM
His shot looked so much better last night. You can kind of tell he went back to basics from his form and where he is shooting

DMC
03-16-2016, 07:50 PM
Pop needs to keep Danny off the point, off that motherfucker. Danny should never bring the ball up unless he got a steal and is in transition. You always know he's going to turn it over if he does.