PDA

View Full Version : The Passing Of Torch Has Taken Place......

Atl Spur
03-12-2016, 11:52 PM
Even though he is/has been recognized as the best player on our team, tonight showed just how dominant Kawhi has become! I think if our veterans acquiesce, we can beat anyone. Pop can clearly see Tony refusing to give Kawhi the ball thus having to demand he pass it to him...... Time to pass the torch.

TheGreatYacht
03-12-2016, 11:54 PM
Aldridge needed more shots

Mugen
03-12-2016, 11:55 PM
Spurs made their 4th quarter run when the Big 3 was sitting down. That was the real passing of the torch and not Pop yelling at Porky tbh.

SpurPadre
03-12-2016, 11:59 PM
If only that selfish bastard red head passed the torch to Butler, tbh...

LongtimeSpursFan
03-12-2016, 11:59 PM
I thought the offense looked more like what wins championships when TP/Aldridge were the focal points on offense. Timmy even had a couple of good looks and layups with Parker running the show. The rest of the game was hero ball like OKC.

YGWHI
03-13-2016, 12:05 AM
When people say they like/want Parker to be the focal point on offense instead of Kawhi...:lmao

Wait...:lmao

No shit :lmao

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 12:06 AM
The best thing the vets can do is step aside....... Timmy and Manu has done it for LaMarcus & Kawhi. It's time Tony!

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 12:07 AM
Posting up smaller players is our advantage.....

MoSpur
03-13-2016, 12:16 AM
Yeah it's starting to show more that this team belongs to Leonard and Aldridge

DMC
03-13-2016, 12:18 AM
It's not in Tony to step aside. Just ask Brent.

skulls138
03-13-2016, 12:26 AM
Aldridge needed more shotsAldridge needs to make his presence felt. He is right, this is Kawhi's team...because Kawhimakes it his team. Kawhi is playing like a man possessed and LMA could take a pointer or two from him frankly.

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 12:34 AM
I think Aldridge and Leonard will be just fine playing together. Pop tonight was basically telling Tony to cut the crap and fall in line! Kawhi is way to respectful to the big three to ever upstage any one of them but Pop has had enough of it!

sananspursfan21
03-13-2016, 12:37 AM
It's not in Tony to step aside. Just ask Brent.

GOT EEM

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 12:39 AM
Is it me or does Kawhi own KD's Soul?

DMC
03-13-2016, 12:40 AM

KD is trapped on the Island of Kawhi.

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 12:43 AM
The Kawhiian Island..... lol

https://www.facebook.com/Kawhiian-Island-1435164310117755/?ref=hl

cutewizard
03-13-2016, 04:49 AM
Kawhi rulessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 10:16 AM
I am thinking Durant reaaallllyyyy regrets opening his mouth up about leonard these days!!! This dude possesses that one trait that can't be taught......HEART!

J_Paco
03-13-2016, 10:33 AM
The "torch" was passed on June 16th, 2014, actually. They are just going through the "growing pains" of shifting the offense from point guard/ball movement oriented to a more high/low post oriented offense. Every transition isn't smooth or without bumps along the way, but overall Tony has done a great job of accepting the third option role.

Like El Nono and other folks have noticed fatigue maybe setting in with Parker, though. Parker is under the false impression that he can play ball year round without adversely effecting him, but he's totally wrong.

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 11:16 AM
I just thought it was such a telling sign last night that Pop had to DEMAND Tony pass the ball to Kawhi!

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 11:17 AM
Kawhi looked very uncomfortable while this was happening; almost like he go his big brother in trouble with their parent!! lol

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 11:20 AM
Mark my words.... when he is fully unleashed, the NBA will be his playground! He and steph play to be the greatest to do it; they will battle for the next five so years at elite levels barring injuries.

J_Paco
03-13-2016, 11:24 AM
I just thought it was such a telling sign last night that Pop had to DEMAND Tony pass the ball to Kawhi!

No, Pop demanded that Tony let Kawhi bring the ball up and run the offense. Which isn't completely shocking since Tony, Manu and (sometimes) Patty usually handle that. It isn't any different than him yelling for a play to be ran or for a time out to be called.

Of course, since Tirico made a point to mention it on-air some folks jump on that fact and act like Pop was "calling Tony out" or something.

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 11:32 AM
It transpired in crunch time which makes all the difference in the world! Go back and look at the body language and then tell me if wasn't an awkward moment to say the least for the two players.

bic50
03-13-2016, 11:32 AM
The "torch" was passed on June 16th, 2014, actually. They are just going through the "growing pains" of shifting the offense from point guard/ball movement oriented to a more high/low post oriented offense. Every transition isn't smooth or without bumps along the way, but overall Tony has done a great job of accepting the third option role.

Like El Nono and other folks have noticed fatigue maybe setting in with Parker, though. Parker is under the false impression that he can play ball year round without adversely effecting him, but he's totally wrong.

Kikoluna
03-13-2016, 11:33 AM
No, Pop demanded that Tony let Kawhi bring the ball up and run the offense. Which isn't completely shocking since Tony, Manu and (sometimes) Patty usually handle that. It isn't any different than him yelling for a play to be ran or for a time out to be called.

Of course, since Tirico made a point to mention it on-air some folks jump on that fact and act like Pop was "calling Tony out" or something.
I disagree. It was go time and pop wanted the best player to have the ball, old 7th grade style. Pop knew there was a good chance Tony would dribble dribble dribble and then f-up. It was a huge message to me.

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 11:38 AM
I disagree. It was go time and pop wanted the best player to have the ball, old 7th grade style. Pop knew there was a good chance Tony would dribble dribble dribble and then f-up. It was a huge message to me.

I totally agree!

Sean Cagney
03-13-2016, 11:40 AM
If only that selfish bastard red head passed the torch to Butler, tbh...

Man we never get rid of that red jackass every single time it makes sense too..... I hate Bonner...

CGD
03-13-2016, 12:00 PM
Now we just need a new third banana to run with Leonard and LMA for the next 4 years.

100%duncan
03-13-2016, 12:02 PM

Yeah :lol ever since '14. First game of the season too, kawhi owning durant but spurs choked the lead.

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 12:06 PM
In my heart of hearts I truly believe he doesn't like KD!

100%duncan
03-13-2016, 12:08 PM

No love lost, they didnt even give the fake handshake or nicca hug after the game. At least he does it with lebron and some others iirc

bic50
03-13-2016, 12:09 PM

I believe pop doesn't either. He really wanted kawhi going at him both games they matched up.

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 12:34 PM
Great thing about Kawhi is, he's not here to be friends with any of these pseudo superstars! He comes out to destroy and get better all the time. It seems to be internal motivation which push him to greatness!

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 12:37 PM
Kawhi would have never gone out to party with Lebron after losing that championship ala Danny Green! Verde wants to be accepted into the clique, Kawhi wants to start a Clique!!!

Blake
03-13-2016, 12:38 PM
Aldridge needed more shots

I agree. He should be option 1A imo

bic50
03-13-2016, 12:58 PM
I agree. He should be option 1A imo

It doesn't really matter. The :lma+:claw combo is looking pretty good

TheMulletMan3000
03-13-2016, 01:35 PM
This this guy needs more shots and this guy should be 1st option debate is retarded. You take the most efficient shot possible. Who the fuck cares who takes most shots. Only W matters.

Blake
03-13-2016, 01:39 PM
It doesn't really matter. The :lma+:claw combo is looking pretty good

It might be nit picking, but I'd rather go with the 10 time all star whose offense is undeniably proven over a defensive guy who's offense, while looking all star level fantastic, still seems to be a work in progress...imo.

but yeah at the moment, don't fix if not broke etc

Blake
03-13-2016, 01:42 PM
This this guy needs more shots and this guy should be 1st option debate is retarded. You take the most efficient shot possible. Who the fuck cares who takes most shots. Only W matters.

Excellent in depth take. You must be a coach or something

03-13-2016, 01:47 PM
Aldridge needed more shotsKawhobe with ten more shots and only 2 more points :wowshades of Kobe/Shaq tbh :wakeup

Hoops Czar
03-13-2016, 01:48 PM
When people say they like/want Parker to be the focal point on offense instead of Kawhi...:lmao

Wait...:lmao

No shit :lmao

Parker hasn't been the focal point of the offense in 2.5 years you dumb shit. :lol Keep pedaling backwards though. It suits your posting style.

TheMulletMan3000
03-13-2016, 02:04 PM
Excellent in depth take. You must be a coach or something

Of course it is not. I'm not even dreaming of achieving the quality of your takes like He should be option 1A imo

SpursDynasty
03-13-2016, 02:08 PM
Kawhi is the Warrior stopper.

DAF86
03-13-2016, 02:22 PM
Posting up smaller players is our advantage.....

And it's the way to beat GS. I think we should move the ball a little less in favour of posting up Kawhi and LA more against the Warriors. It slows the game down and it prevents turnovers.

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 02:22 PM
Never ever let facts get in the way of opinion.......

TheGreatYacht
03-13-2016, 02:27 PM
Kawhobe with ten more shots and only 2 more points :wowshades of Kobe/Shaq tbh :wakeup
That can cost you a series, tbh.. Pop needs to even the shot distribution asap

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 02:30 PM
Let this man grow into the superstar he is destined to become.....just be happy he is on our team!

kaji157
03-13-2016, 02:35 PM
I think has already passed, but leadership wise, itīs like Tim and Manu are still on another level. Which is logical considering they are old as fuck.

Thatīs why we will need them both at least in the form they were early in the season, because of what they transmit when they are playing well, everyone looks up to them, so they showing effort, and succeeding, makes everyone focus more, make better effort, and so.

Both Duncan and Manu take our defense and our bench, respectively, to another level when they are at their highest possible level.

Of course we will need Leonard and Aldridge to play up to their responsibilities in order to even have a chance, but i think for us to win it all, we will also need the veterans, even Tony to show up time to time.

bic50
03-13-2016, 02:35 PM
Parker hasn't been the focal point of the offense in 2.5 years you dumb shit. :lol Keep pedaling backwards though. It suits your posting style.

He's saying some on this board were advocating for parker to be the focal point on offense still.

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 02:49 PM
Mark my words, One day we will revisit these asinine post that suggest Kawhi Leonard not being anything short of the best in the world!! His fire is not artificial; burns from with in! Its white hot....

loveforthegame
03-13-2016, 02:52 PM
That can cost you a series, tbh.. Pop needs to even the shot distribution asap

After 66 games / shots per game

15.1 Kwa
14 LMA
10 Porker
7.8 GNob
7.6 Patty
7.2 Green
7.2 Duncan
5.6 West
5.0 Diaw
4.1 Rockin Johny Simmons
2.8 Leashed Boban

After 66 games / shots per 36 minutes

16.5 Kwa
16.5 LMA tied
14.4 GNob
13.3 Patty
13.2 Porker also a virtual tie
12.8 Boban when unleashed
11.4 David West
10 Timmy Dunkar, Green, Diaw, Rockin Johny Simmons all about 10
8.8 Kyle Anderson

Hmm. Would you look at that.

bic50
03-13-2016, 02:54 PM
Let this man grow into the superstar he is destined to become.....just be happy he is on our team!

clowns like greatcuck 313 don't want to see kawhi grow. They rather the spurs lose tbh

SAGirl
03-13-2016, 02:55 PM
I agree. :claw

bic50
03-13-2016, 02:58 PM
Hmm. Would you look at that.

:lol

King Emmanuel
03-13-2016, 04:49 PM
The passing of the torch happened 9 years ago

tim duncan to tony parker

KenziE
03-13-2016, 05:17 PM

read below

this tbh ... Parker was put to his place by Pop fall in line of gtfo

KD with the system player comment just made Kawhi crush him everytime they play each other he wont admit it but it shows and Pop is right there to unleash him .. They know the deal KD disrespecting Kawhi and he doesnt even have a ring hoping they face OKC so they break the team apart after an absolute ass whooping of a series .

sasaint
03-13-2016, 05:54 PM
Spurs made their 4th quarter run when the Big 3 was sitting down. That was the real passing of the torch and not Pop yelling at Porky tbh.

Plus Pop benched Tony like 1 minute into the game a couple of games back (I forgot the opponent). Pop seems increasingly frustrated with Tony's inconsistent adaptation to the new Spurs' game and his role in it. As hard as it is to imagine with the Spurs, I have a concern that there could be a real rift between Tony and Kawhi with possible ripples through the locker room. We really don't need that. In order to win a championship we have to have all of our rotation players on the same page.

KenziE
03-13-2016, 05:58 PM
Plus Pop benched Tony like 1 minute into the game a couple of games back (I forgot the opponent). Pop seems increasingly frustrated with Tony's inconsistent adaptation to the new Spurs' game and his role in it. As hard as it is to imagine with the Spurs, I have a concern that there could be a real rift between Tony and Kawhi with possible ripples through the locker room. We really don't need that. In order to win a championship we have to have all of our rotation players on the same page.

if there is a rift between tony and kawhi thats a big if then its all on tp being jealous and selfish on being given a lesser role but i doubt there is a rift between those two . Its Pop call not kahwi calling his own number tbh

sasaint
03-13-2016, 06:08 PM
if there is a rift between tony and kawhi thats a big if then its all on tp being jealous and selfish on being given a lesser role but i doubt there is a rift between those two . Its Pop call not kahwi calling his own number tbh

I agree that if there is a rift it stems from Parker's inability/refusal to consistently embrace the new reality of the Spurs. Not saying Kawhi is calling his own number. Pop's forcing Tony's hand could be the catalyst for a rift between players. I hope there is no rift because our locker room is typically a model of harmony, plus we need all of our guys playing well and playing together to win the LOBT.

spurs10
03-13-2016, 06:35 PM
In my heart of hearts I truly believe he doesn't like KD! Why would he? I'm glad for KD's disrespect- it has paid off nicely.

KenziE
03-13-2016, 07:47 PM
Why would he? I'm glad for KD's disrespect- it has paid off nicely.

i totally agree good that KD coud'nt shut his mouth and diss Kawhi . It is paying off nicely

I agree that if there is a rift it stems from Parker's inability/refusal to consistently embrace the new reality of the Spurs. Not saying Kawhi is calling his own number. Pop's forcing Tony's hand could be the catalyst for a rift between players. I hope there is no rift because our locker room is typically a model of harmony, plus we need all of our guys playing well and playing together to win the LOBT.

all in brother ... We need all hands on deck for 6 . But if TP can't "get over himself" i do believe the spurs can still win it all with out him its just a diffrent vibe when he not playing and messing up the fluidity of the team its just me and im not hating on TP im no analyst just a reg dude watching and a fan of the spurs

Atl Spur
03-14-2016, 08:43 AM
I don't know if anyone caught what the spurs did in guarding the thunder.... By starting danny green on KD and Kawhi on Russ, you essentially neutralize the pick and roll with your best two perimeter defenders. A line up that has patty, Danny, manu, kawhi, Aldridge may be a lineup we may see that allows us to guard golden state effectively. Steph is the only one good shooting off the dribble, everyone else can be guarded straight up. The spurs played golden state vanilla last time; pop will out coach kerr trust.

KenziE
03-14-2016, 08:58 AM
I truly believe thay Pop wont show his hand against the warriors not until they meet in the playoffs .

hater
03-14-2016, 09:03 AM
I truly believe thay Pop wont show his hand against the warriors not until they meet in the playoffs .

Finally a good take.

Pop already knows how to attempt to guard worriers. He is not going to do that in regular season. He doesn't give a shit about winning records. He actually would love to lose this Saturday, and he most likely will :lol

Atl Spur
03-14-2016, 09:12 AM
Regular season = trial and error for the spurs. The rest of the league outside of the Warriors are just trying to keep their head above water while trying to find themselves. Like I said, Pop will out coach Kerr

KenziE
03-14-2016, 09:15 AM
Finally a good take.

Pop already knows how to attempt to guard worriers. He is not going to do that in regular season. He doesn't give a shit about winning records. He actually would love to lose this Saturday, and he most likely will :lol

not too far from the truth ... I thnik we lose again this saturday tbh

Atl Spur
03-14-2016, 09:26 AM
I'm actually 50/50 on this. We beat them twice last year and I suspect he will want to win 1 or 2 games against them for confidence going into the playoffs in case we meet.