PDA

View Full Version : So we are playing hero ball now

aal04
03-12-2016, 11:57 PM
Obviously going to be very tough beating GSW at our own game (?!?!)

This year since LMA signed, and the complete the utter decline of TD, Mills, Green, Diaw, TP. It seems as though we are now resorting to dump it to LMA/KL.

Do you think Pops concentrated development of Kawhi and hero ball tactics has destroyed our role players much like Kobe did to the young Laker core?

I still dont see Kawhi as a focal point of offense. I think of him as a deadly weapon ala melo with D, but i dont see him as one to get others involved.

skulls138
03-13-2016, 12:00 AM
Slowly step away from the computer sir.

SpurPadre
03-13-2016, 12:03 AM
Uh, there was plenty ball movement tonight. The whole team just kept bricking shots. Don't know what game you were watching.

YGWHI
03-13-2016, 12:18 AM
Uh, there was plenty ball movement tonight. The whole team just kept bricking shots. Don't know what game you were watching.

He didn't even watch the game...Tonight, Kawhi was creating open looks for his teammates, he had 3 asts but could have had 5 or 6 if Danny/Parker would have scored those open shots.

KDKSpurs24
03-13-2016, 12:30 AM

This year since LMA signed, and the complete the utter decline of TD, Mills, Green, Diaw, TP. It seems as though we are now resorting to dump it to LMA/KL.

Do you think Pops concentrated development of Kawhi and hero ball tactics has destroyed our role players much like Kobe did to the young Laker core?

I still dont see Kawhi as a focal point of offense. I think of him as a deadly weapon ala melo with D, but i dont see him as one to get others involved.

What games are you watching? Kawhi tries to get others involved all the the time. You are just looking at assist stats. Kawhi passes to open guys all the time but they just don't make the shots.

aal04
03-13-2016, 12:31 AM
Its been like that since TDs injury which he hasnt come back from. LMA/KL averaging 25-30 with limited minutes. Multiple times Pop called for TP/Mills to dump it to Kawhi at the top and clear out. even the announcers called it

LoneStarState'sPride
03-13-2016, 01:14 AM
OP, since you obviously don't have eyes to watch these games with, please fumble around on your braille keyboard-covered desk, find a sharp object, and jam it into your jugular vein.

PopTheGOAT
03-13-2016, 02:51 AM
OP, since you obviously don't have eyes to watch these games with, please fumble around on your braille keyboard-covered desk, find a sharp object, and jam it into your jugular vein.
:wow

TheMulletMan3000
03-13-2016, 03:23 AM

:lol

theman21
03-13-2016, 07:28 AM
At the end of the game Pop kept forcing Kawhi to run the offense because he's trying to give him valuable experience at being the main option and taking over the end of games, last night was a good high pressure situation against a team playing hard so it's perfect experience prior to playoffs, it had nothing to do with changing our offense for the whole game, it's about giving Kawhi the confidence to be the man with the ball at the end of games, like any real superstar.

Ice009
03-13-2016, 09:01 AM
At the end of the game Pop kept forcing Kawhi to run the offense because he's trying to give him valuable experience at being the main option and taking over the end of games, last night was a good high pressure situation against a team playing hard so it's perfect experience prior to playoffs, it had nothing to do with changing our offense for the whole game, it's about giving Kawhi the confidence to be the man with the ball at the end of games, like any real superstar.

I think this is a pretty good description of what happened and also I think this is what Pop was going for. He was using it as experience for Kawhi.

Taking it to the Hole
03-13-2016, 12:37 PM
The Spurs for a long time were a ISO team. It used to be give it to Ice, dump it into David, then Timmy, and now this is just the progression. The Spurs only went into a motion offense when they realized they needed to get younger and work the offense around Tony and Manu. The real fact is that Kawhi isn't the only ISO option. They still moved the ball around last night but when you have a guy in Kawhi that can score in multiple ways, why wouldn't you give him the ball???

bic50
03-13-2016, 12:49 PM

gambit1990
03-13-2016, 12:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tol5g.gif

still.focused
03-13-2016, 02:22 PM
Isolation basketball is not necessarily heroball
It only becomes heroball when a player simply dominates the ball looking for his shot despite how a defense reacts
As of now LMA still gives up the ball too much
And Kawhi gives it up willingly, especially from the post

SpursDynasty
03-13-2016, 02:45 PM
This isn't the 2014 Spurs. It's a new era. Aldridge and Leonard. Only on here would someone complain about 56-10.

FaM0us Skins
03-13-2016, 02:53 PM
If anything OKC was playing hero ball yesterday not us.

DMC
03-13-2016, 03:15 PM

GS is dump it to Steph or Klay unless the bench is playing, and it's then shared. Green gets a few bricks in but one man's hero ball is another man's "system".

Pop has always found a way to evolve the system to meet current threats. It hasn't always worked but he's always trying. Other coaches just do what they know how to do, usually a one trick pony gimmick, and either it works or doesn't. They go from Finals to lottery in one year if other teams figure it out.

All Mighty Janitor
03-13-2016, 03:30 PM
It's was close to the end of the game and we had a decent lead. When you're playing not to lose, running the clock down and what-not, putting the ball in a capable scorers hands and clearing out it a good option, because it is a very low turnover play and the team can still consistently score. That's all you need especially when you have a defense as good as ours is. If the game was closer or we were down, we would run more complicated stuff to push the envelop. No need to get fancy and put the team in unnecessary danger of a loss due to turnovers.

hater
03-14-2016, 07:06 AM
We are a bunch of jumpshooting chuckers. I been clamoring thus for months.

Parker is basically our only penetrator but he's inconsistent nowadays. I just don't see us winning a ship shooting long range 2s. Either we need to find back our 3 ball or kawhi/lmalpha need to start attacking the rim

TheDoctor
03-14-2016, 07:29 PM
Parker is basically our only penetrator...

Erin?