PDA

View Full Version : Moving Screen

webshad
03-13-2016, 12:58 AM
Was watching the Suns/Warriors game, the refs seriously need to do something about those illegal Green screens.

Seriously it's getting ridiculous.

Spurs will suffer if the refs don't call those. I hope they have a plan B just in case the refs allow those moving screens.

It's just blatantly obvious.

bklynspursfan
03-13-2016, 12:59 AM
It's so blatant, they just don't call it. He literally moves with the defender and buys the shooter precuous seconds.

webshad
03-13-2016, 01:07 AM
It's so blatant, they just don't call it. He literally moves with the defender and buys the shooter precuous seconds.

I swear to God, he moved Brandon Knight at least 3 foot away from curry in the 4th quarter. It was disgusting!

TheGreatYacht
03-13-2016, 01:14 AM
You telling me Gaymond doesn't set his feet on screens? No way

TheGreatYacht
03-13-2016, 01:18 AM
In all seriousness though, refs will allow it if Pop doesn't speak up and takes the fine. 4 games in Golden State... No way Worrierefs call moving screens in those games unless they publicly get called out for it.

What's fine $$, when you pay a useless POS like Bonner over a million dollars.

Call them out when the time comes, :pop:

TheGreatYacht
03-13-2016, 01:19 AM
Also, something has to be done about Curry and Durant shoving the defender off before catching and shooting

Spurtacular
03-13-2016, 01:20 AM
The screen wasn't that blatant compared to many others. Why the fuck is the center way below the free throw line? He's just letting Curry tee up a shot.

ElNono
03-13-2016, 01:21 AM
What we need to do is grab him and shove him out of the way. Sure, we'll get called for a few of those, but it'll get the ref's attention.

TheGreatYacht
03-13-2016, 01:23 AM
The screen wasn't that blatant compared to many others. Why the fuck is the center way below the free throw line? He's just letting Curry tee up a shot.

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2016, 01:45 AM
This is pretty standard for great teams that rely on something so heavily to not get called, tbh..

The KG Celtics were just as bad as GS and they would always get away with it, too..no different than great defensive teams that were permitted to hand check and play physically even after the NBA began promoting perimeter scoring(2010 Lakers and Celtics, for instance..same with the Grizzlies of 2011-2013)..

GSH
03-13-2016, 01:47 AM
The NBA announced a couple of seasons ago that they were going to start calling moving screens more. And they did for a few months. Now it's as bad or worse than ever. And Golden State probably lives by it more than any other team in the league. When you've got two guys who shoot like Curry and Thompson, it's worth a lot to be able to send a lead blocker to get them some space to operate.

There are three things the league needs to crack down on very badly, and the moving screens are one. Carrying the ball is another - but that allows the new generation of ball-handlers to make highlight reel plays, so they won't touch it. The other one is bigs flashing out to the top of the circle like they are hedging - but they aren't hedging, and there is no PnR being run. They just run out and bash into the PG, or give him a two-handed shove. There's no excuse for any of them being allowed

GSH
03-13-2016, 01:56 AM
This is pretty standard for great teams that rely on something so heavily to not get called, tbh..

The KG Celtics were just as bad as GS and they would always get away with it, too..no different than great defensive teams that were permitted to hand check and play physically even after the NBA began promoting perimeter scoring(2010 Lakers and Celtics, for instance..same with the Grizzlies of 2011-2013)..

The 2013 Heat that beat the Spurs in the Finals had a signature play that pissed me off to no end. They would send a guy running through the paint, with a full head of steam. He would square up on a defender, raise his hands like he wasn't trying to make contact, and drive the defender backwards 3-4 steps, all the way out of the paint. Then a guard would drive into the void created. They got a ton of uncontested shots in the paint that way because they did it over, and over, and over.

What really pissed me off is that a lot of the time, after the initial contact, they would lower their hands and grab the defender's jersey, so that they could make sure and drive him all the way out of the paint. It would literally bring a flag in the NFL, but the NBA refs refused to call it.

SAGirl
03-13-2016, 01:58 AM
Two things D west elbowing someone lol :lol maybe.

More seriously though I suspect Pop will be switching on screens a lot. I suspect we may see a wing guarding Green when it counts. We might see more of slowmo that series. But Pop will have to try different guys, and schemes.

webshad
03-13-2016, 02:05 AM

Yes Alex Len is just dumb on defence, but Green was literally pushing Knight outward toward the centre of the court for at least 3 feet. It was just so obvious.

Spurtacular
03-13-2016, 02:07 AM

That is fucking atrocious. It's like watching football; except, the o-line is allowed to do what it does and the defense isn't allowed to be physical.

Honestly, I've never seen anything like that, before.

spursistan
03-13-2016, 02:34 AM
Fuckin' playing rugby out there..

BanditHiro
03-13-2016, 03:00 AM
team need to start setting their own moving screens and knocking the hell out of Curry. The guy is like 6'1 190 pounds. No reason why this guy should be able to play loose and confidently. Teams need to beat him him the hell up like they did Jordan when he was smaller

SouthernFried
03-13-2016, 06:21 AM
That is fucking atrocious. It's like watching football; except, the o-line is allowed to do what it does and the defense isn't allowed to be physical.

Honestly, I've never seen anything like that, before.

Yeah, looks exactly like offensive linesmen blocking for a running back. There wasn't one "set" screen in the bunch.

SinceWeDraftedDROB
03-13-2016, 06:49 AM
team need to start setting their own moving screens and knocking the hell out of Curry. The guy is like 6'1 190 pounds. No reason why this guy should be able to play loose and confidently. Teams need to beat him him the hell up like they did Jordan when he was smaller

That's my opinion too. When he hangs his arm all the way out on one of his layups somebody needs to swipe down so hard they break his forearm. He has been durable this year tho.