PDA

View Full Version : That moment in the 4th where Pop yells at Tony to give aleonaed....

Kikoluna
03-13-2016, 10:40 AM
Loved it....Tony was about to dribble dribble dribble thinking it was 2005 and pop yells at him with so much passion "give Leonard the ball! !!!"
Classic. Sorry, accidentally posted misspelled title.

apalisoc_9
03-13-2016, 10:41 AM
Theres a gif of it :lol

KenziE
03-13-2016, 10:44 AM
Even Marc Jackson was sayin ( not that anyone here listens to bspn) it was a tough descision for pop to bring back tony the way patty was playing ... He was short of saying pop shouldve just kept parker on the bench and rode with mills till the end ... Anyways it was nice to see pop yelling at tp to give it up to kawhi because thats just about what he can do cause sure as hell he wont be benching TP for mills down the strech ever ....

MultiTroll
03-13-2016, 10:44 AM
:clap pleasantly surprised.

RD2191
03-13-2016, 10:45 AM
Bout fuckin time tbh

dabom
03-13-2016, 10:53 AM
Bout fuckin time tbh

cascaders
03-13-2016, 12:11 PM
i cant find the clip.. can anyone post it

FkLA
03-13-2016, 12:18 PM
Check my sig tbh.

gambit1990
03-13-2016, 12:27 PM
Check my sig tbh.
nice. i missed that last night. embarrassing to see but necessary.

if that doesn't show how much parker doesn't belong anymore then idk what does. the ball belongs in kawhi's hands.

Baseline21
03-13-2016, 01:22 PM
I was so happy that pop ran down their to yell at tony to give Kawhi the ball. Kawhi or LMA need to have the ball 80% of the time and especially in the 4th quarter. I will live with Kawhi or LMA shooting every ball in 4th or down the stretch then tony trying to hit an open 3 or a couple feet in from the 3 pt line. I'm telling u Kawhi and LMA shooting is better chance then anyone. Diaw and Parker open shots I'm always thinking they're going to clank off rim. Just too many times I see it. But KAWHI with the ball in hands makes good decisions. I'll take him or LMA shooting a contested shot then any spur with an open shot. LMA is like dirk. He can get his shot anytime and hardly ever gets it blocked. Plus he does that dirk fade away jumper. All I got to say is Kawhi and LMA better have the ball every time in 4 and play off each other. I want LMA to do more pick and rolls with Kawhi. Kawhi could be tossing lobs to LMA or vice versa. What was awesome was Kawhi and LMA took the challenge and personal vs OKC. Now theirs one more test and its against the Dubs. What was also awesome that Kawhi took 24 shots. I want Kawhi to be selfish and want him to take 20+shots and LMA too. Feed off each other.

tholdren
03-13-2016, 01:28 PM
What happened after that handoff?

LongtimeSpursFan
03-13-2016, 01:41 PM

Hero-ball. Kawhi took a midrange shot and missed badly. Next series Parker was able to get to the free throw lane and made two to seal game.

houston spurs fan
03-13-2016, 01:45 PM
I am just glad we didn't trade Kawhi for Beal and Ariza as you advocated for. Otherwise, he'd be handing off to who knows...

Seventyniner
03-13-2016, 01:56 PM
Hero-ball. Kawhi took a midrange shot and missed badly. Next series Parker was able to get to the free throw lane and made two to seal game.

That and Kawhi had one 8-second violation that should have been called and another that could have been called. It was kind of comical to see him 10 feet behind the half-court line with 17 on the shot clock and suddenly have to sprint past it.

FkLA
03-13-2016, 02:00 PM
That and Kawhi had one 8-second violation that should have been called and another that could have been called. It was kind of comical to see him 10 feet behind the half-court line with 17 on the shot clock and suddenly have to sprint past it.

On one of them Enrique dribbled the ball almost to halfcourt then passed it off to Kawhi who was slightly behind him with 17 secs on the shot clock. Looked intentional and wouldn't surprise me if that selfish fuck did it to try to get him a turnover. He threw it really low and without warning too.

RD2191
03-13-2016, 02:00 PM
He was in shock. Porker never passes him the ball.

RD2191
03-13-2016, 02:01 PM
Tbh Parker is just a terrible PG or an idiot. He was going to do his usual dribble dribble dribble bullshit until Pop ripped him a new one.

RD2191
03-13-2016, 02:02 PM

Yeah man, those 4 points at the end of the game really sealed the win for the Spurs.

loveforthegame
03-13-2016, 02:04 PM

He missed a top of the key jumper. A couple possessions later missed a step back 3.

But let's completely ignore all the good he was doing before that. The pick/pop with Duncan with a Leonard basket. The pick/pops with West that created open looks for West. The drives that gave Green open looks from 3. The crossover on Durant that resulted in a Leonard jumper. The pick/roll with LMA that resulted in a and 1.

The Parker dribble dribble dribble really was more effective. If only Pop and Leonard would have recognized that.

How about the same with Parker where he threw the ball back to Leonard who hadn't crossed the half court line yet? And the travel in the backcourt? Those are ok but Leonard's are wrong?

dabom
03-13-2016, 02:06 PM
Remember when people didn't think Kawhi could be a franchise player. :lmao

bic50
03-13-2016, 02:10 PM
Longtimefraud and trolldren being bitches once again.

bic50
03-13-2016, 02:23 PM

You would think kawhi played for another team with this comment. Talking about him like you would westbrook or lebron except he's a spur. Weird.

vander
03-13-2016, 02:25 PM
I hope Pop retires after this year, these outbursts of irrational anger will probably become more frequent and could really harm to his legacy.

TheGreatYacht
03-13-2016, 02:31 PM
:lol

dude got BTFU by Kyle Singler, I think he made 1 basket on him, tbh..

Atl Spur
03-13-2016, 02:33 PM
I disagree vander, these outburst directed at Tony are long over due! Its like the old guy not trying to help the young guy to protect his own agenda! Not realizing, you grow the legend of yourself in more than just one arena.....ask Tim Duncan! Still revered as the greatest pf of all time as well as the greatest teammate.

random21
03-13-2016, 02:44 PM

Somebody post it on here....

gambit1990
03-13-2016, 02:45 PM
Somebody post it on here....
http://i.imgbox.com/hHooCE9u.gif

random21
03-13-2016, 02:45 PM
Tbh Parker is just a terrible PG or an idiot. He was going to do his usual dribble dribble dribble bullshit until Pop ripped him a new one.

Kawhi was open on several possessions in the first half and Parker just was dribbling around... It was annoying...

random21
03-13-2016, 02:46 PM

Thank you! :lol

apalisoc_9
03-13-2016, 03:01 PM

DMC
03-13-2016, 03:04 PM
Pop wanted Durant to work on defense, that's all. He was getting too much time to rest.

cd021
03-13-2016, 03:31 PM

Kawhi almost had two 8 second violations. The clock was at 16 seconds both times. He waited too long to bring the ball in the front court but he came up big in the forth along with West.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2016, 03:36 PM

He did that THREE FUCKING TIMES and got away with it. That drove me nuts. At least two of them were clear violations that he got away with.

Parker almost did it just before that.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2016, 03:41 PM
Pop wanted Durant to work on defense, that's all. He was getting too much time to rest.

This makes the most sense. Durant was the only chance the Thunder had of coming back.

james evans
03-13-2016, 03:54 PM
yeah, parker is the reason we won the game last night. He was the best player on the floor

Seventyniner
03-13-2016, 05:43 PM
How about the same with Parker where he threw the ball back to Leonard who hadn't crossed the half court line yet? And the travel in the backcourt? Those are ok but Leonard's are wrong?

It's sad to see that this board has come to this point. I say something negative about Kawhi and somehow it's construed as me giving a pass to Parker. I didn't mention Parker at all.

Tony was bad last night, though not quite as bad as his stats would suggest. He also used to commit lazy 8-second violations that drove me (and Pop, I'm sure) crazy. Kawhi will learn. But it does seem, at least for now, that if Pop wants Kawhi initiating the offense, it will be getting a pass from Parker just past halfcourt as opposed to bringing the ball up himself.

KenziE
03-13-2016, 05:46 PM
On one of them Enrique dribbled the ball almost to halfcourt then passed it off to Kawhi who was slightly behind him with 17 secs on the shot clock. Looked intentional and wouldn't surprise me if that selfish fuck did it to try to get him a turnover. He threw it really low and without warning too.

I disagree vander, these outburst directed at Tony are long over due! Its like the old guy not trying to help the young guy to protect his own agenda! Not realizing, you grow the legend of yourself in more than just one arena.....ask Tim Duncan! Still revered as the greatest pf of all time as well as the greatest teammate.

Kawhi was open on several possessions in the first half and Parker just was dribbling around... It was annoying...

FUCK TP ! selfish prick

Pop pulling him out the first few mins the other day and now this i hope the trend continues everytime TP fucks up and does his dribble dribble dribble routine

SASdynasty!
03-13-2016, 06:07 PM
With enough chances, Kawhi will close games out. The numbers make it inevitable. It's just like when Manu hit the game winner against Golden State in 2013 G1. Yah, it was a great shot. It made up for the airball he shot at the end of the first overtime.

sasaint
03-13-2016, 06:21 PM
FUCK TP ! selfish prick

Pop pulling him out the first few mins the other day and now this i hope the trend continues everytime TP fucks up and does his dribble dribble dribble routine

Both of these things together are strong indicators of Pop's losing patience with Tony's inability/refusal to adapt. Plus Pop has been trying to mold Patty into a better assist-maker to better approximate a PG. Pop is sending Tony a strong message to get with the new program.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2016, 06:23 PM
lol this thread

dabom
03-13-2016, 06:30 PM
Known snitch in this thread. Watch out people...

ChumpDumper
03-13-2016, 06:34 PM
lol known butthurt spammer in this thread.

All Mighty Janitor
03-13-2016, 07:22 PM
He did that THREE FUCKING TIMES and got away with it. That drove me nuts. At least two of them were clear violations that he got away with.

Parker almost did it just before that.
The rule (or at least the way the refs call it) is that the clock must read 15 seconds for it to be a violation. He got across every, time but it was close.

apalisoc_9
03-13-2016, 07:24 PM

Bro, can you resend the referal letter to the company I am applying for? many thanks.

dabom
03-13-2016, 07:26 PM
Bro, can you resend the referal letter to the company I am applying for? many thanks.

Got you.

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2016, 07:31 PM

Did you find out why you got banned, bro?

dabom
03-13-2016, 07:35 PM
Did you find out why you got banned, bro?

No explanation in the comment box when I got banned. MODer just being a faggot. :lol

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2016, 07:36 PM
No explanation in the comment box when I got banned. MODer just being a faggot. :lol

I have a feeling somebody in this thread had a little input, tbh:lol

BD24
03-13-2016, 07:36 PM
haha that was fantastic. Kawhi was calling for it and TP did not wanna give it up until Pop was about to rip his head off.

Darius McCrary
03-13-2016, 07:38 PM
Wow...

illusioNtEk
03-13-2016, 07:39 PM
Each player is different... each player learns differently... im sure pop knows sometimes you have to yell at tp to make him understand...

UNT Eagles 2016
03-13-2016, 07:40 PM
Yeah man, those 4 points at the end of the game really sealed the win for the Spurs.
Not to mention, he only made 4/6...

bklynspursfan
03-13-2016, 07:42 PM
Oh god so f'ing what. Pop has yelled at guys plenty of times...

bklynspursfan
03-13-2016, 07:43 PM

Exactly... people on here with their stupid agendas. .. just be happy our team won

dabom
03-13-2016, 07:44 PM
I have a feeling somebody in this thread had a little input, tbh:lol

Obstructed_View
03-13-2016, 07:53 PM
The rule (or at least the way the refs call it) is that the clock must read 15 seconds for it to be a violation. He got across every, time but it was close.

My math says that's nine seconds. I would swear that every violation I've seen was called at 16. Strange.

EDIT: All Mighty Janitor, I looked at a couple of videos and yes, you're right. It's 15. I'm not sure how I brainfarted on that, but you're completely correct.

100%duncan
03-13-2016, 08:02 PM
Check my sig tbh.

:lmao :lmao

tholdren
03-13-2016, 08:47 PM
lol - who needs logic when you can name-call.

my stance is still kl can't seal the game by being smart and sustaining the lead. maybe he won't have to. Interesting to see him and lma at the end of this one. I think the play of the game was LMA cleans up greens trash and passes to KL for the 8pt lead.

NameLess Scrub
03-13-2016, 09:30 PM
I thought maybe Kawhi is being forced to close out games so he can get used to it. Durant seemed to bother him, maybe with his length. Not the best last minutes for the Spurs offensively. But Kawhi was great nonetheless in the game in general.

Kudos to Aldridge for manning up. Also the team overall made an effort to match OKC's physical intensity.

Let's just hope all is for the best for the team.

Chinook
03-13-2016, 09:57 PM
My math says that's nine seconds. I would swear that every violation I've seen was called at 16. Strange.

EDIT: All Mighty Janitor (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49828), I looked at a couple of videos and yes, you're right. It's 15. I'm not sure how I brainfarted on that, but you're completely correct.

Shouldn't feel too bad. It's actually a pretty recent change (whenever they added the decimal counter to the shot clocks). After it was possible to display 15.9, that's when they went to it being the new standard. That said, I'm pretty sure at least once Kawhi didn't get the ball over in time. The ball was across, maybe, but I'm pretty sure he was still in the back court. I don't know what the ruling is supposed to be there.

DPG21920
03-13-2016, 10:10 PM
Shouldn't feel too bad. It's actually a pretty recent change (whenever they added the decimal counter to the shot clocks). After it was possible to display 15.9, that's when they went to it being the new standard. That said, I'm pretty sure at least once Kawhi didn't get the ball over in time. The ball was across, maybe, but I'm pretty sure he was still in the back court. I don't know what the ruling is supposed to be there.

You would think it would be consistent with the over and back rule, but who knows.

Kawhitstorm
05-12-2016, 04:11 PM
:wakeup

gambit1990
08-22-2016, 05:09 PM
hopefully pop coaches tony like this in training camp.

dabom
08-22-2016, 05:10 PM

Pop gotta whip him a Frenchy. :lol

apalisoc_9
08-22-2016, 05:26 PM
:lmao

K...
08-22-2016, 06:36 PM

Get help gambit. Mental health is no joke.

Spurtacular
08-22-2016, 10:22 PM

Tony running away like a gimp and Pop straigtening his tie like a pimp. :lmao

dabom
08-22-2016, 10:28 PM

SASdynasty!
08-23-2016, 11:01 AM
I used to think we devolved from seasons to series to games to plays. Now we are down to individual passes.

K...
08-23-2016, 11:40 AM
I used to think we devolved from seasons to series to games to plays. Now we are down to individual passes.

don't forget when they wrote a whole drama about Parker scowling to Danny green on the sidelines. It all started I think when Parker didn't clap after someone else's dunk.

SASdynasty!
08-23-2016, 01:29 PM
don't forget when they wrote a whole drama about Parker scowling to Danny green on the sidelines. It all started I think when Parker didn't clap after someone else's dunk.
Haha yep, Danny Green inexplicably fouls at the end of the Brooklyn game to turn the shot clock off. Pop goes bananas at him and tells him to "shut the **** up." Meanwhile, Parker walks up with a raised eyebrow because of the rookie mistake (even though Danny wasn't a rookie) and everyone loses their minds.

gambit1990
08-23-2016, 01:32 PM
can't wait until the spurs scrimmage. get to see parker vs mills.

SASdynasty!
08-23-2016, 01:43 PM
can't wait until the spurs scrimmage. get to see parker vs mills.
Season to series to games to scrimmages.

dabom
08-23-2016, 02:11 PM
No one cares about rs faggot. You don't see US talking about Kawhis 2ND in MVP voting rs. :lol

K...
08-23-2016, 02:29 PM
No one cares about rs faggot. You don't see US talking about Kawhis 2ND in MVP voting rs. :lol

You're buddy just said he's excited for pre season and he keeps posting about the Olympics too

dabom
08-23-2016, 02:37 PM
You're buddy just said he's excited for pre season and he keeps posting about the Olympics too

I haven't seen him blast kawhi's regular season in every thread. So what does that have to do with my statement?

K...
08-23-2016, 02:44 PM
I haven't seen him blast kawhi's regular season in every thread. So what does that have to do with my statement?

Just checking if you agreed with me on gambit.

dabom
08-23-2016, 03:20 PM
Just checking if you agreed with me on gambit.

Guy is a top quality poster. Rarely wrong. Sticks to his guns. Consistent.

apalisoc_9
08-23-2016, 03:51 PM
Pop showing his inner dabom, tbh.

FkLA
08-23-2016, 06:17 PM

Hoops Czar
08-23-2016, 06:25 PM

Embarrassing that Pop has to be Leonard's mouthpiece.

FkLA
08-23-2016, 08:42 PM
Embarrassing that Pop has to be Leonard's mouthpiece.

:lol He went up to Rique looking to get the ball, was he supposed to strip Rique when he refused? I know there's a certain someone on the team (aka the guy that did Brent Barry dirty) that doesn't care about upholding the team first image the Spurs have but that doesn't mean Kawhi has to follow in his footsteps tbqh.

apalisoc_9
08-23-2016, 09:07 PM
:lol He went up to Rique looking to get the ball, was he supposed to strip Rique when he refused? I know there's a certain someone on the team (aka the guy that did Brent Barry dirty) that doesn't care about upholding the team first image the Spurs have but that doesn't mean Kawhi has to follow in his footsteps tbqh.

I havent seen you post your truthbombs around here lately...How's life going?

illusioNtEk
08-23-2016, 09:07 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/08/article-2012478-0CE9B3AC00000578-96_468x589.jpg

gambit1990
08-24-2016, 02:26 PM
Guy is a top quality poster. Rarely wrong. Sticks to his guns. Consistent.
:toast

i stand behind what i say. you've been calling it like it is for a while now too.

some posters here bitch at me for bumping threads... they wouldn't be bitching if they had been right :lol

Seventyniner
08-24-2016, 04:59 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/19gdsv.jpg

Fixed.