03-13-2016, 12:02 PM
Oct/Nov - 15.2
Dec - 15.9
Jan - 16.7
Feb - 20.5
Mar - 25.2

100%duncan
03-13-2016, 12:03 PM
What we signed him for. With tony being on and off. Green being worse in offense. Bobo being a fatass. Manu on and off mills on and off.

Gonna be KL, LMA and the committee

Dex
03-13-2016, 12:09 PM
Truly amazing how consistent he has been. Same goes for Kawhi really.

Been probably 4 years since we had a guy that you could consistently count on for 20 points a game, that being Tony in 2012 and before him, Manu then Tim.

Now we have suddenly have two. Great to see the future of the Spurs in action. Will still be a sad day when the Big 3 decides to hang them up but seeing the team go into such good hands helps a bit.

dabom
03-13-2016, 12:10 PM
What we signed him for. With tony being on and off. Green being worse in offense. Bobo being a fatass. Manu on and off mills on and off.

Gonna be KL, LMA and the committee

:lol

bic50
03-13-2016, 12:13 PM
:lma it was just a matter of time, but he got there.

Mr. Body
03-13-2016, 12:32 PM
Could have tried for 40 last night, but they didn't need him until late in the 4th.

TheGreatYacht
03-13-2016, 02:36 PM
Best player on the team

SAGirl
03-13-2016, 02:41 PM
Oct/Nov - 15.2
Dec - 15.9
Jan - 16.7
Feb - 20.5
Mar - 25.2
He has stepped up when we needed him. Timmy has struggled and LMA has put on his big boy pants and delivered. Frankly he's won me over since January as a member of his church! <3

random21
03-13-2016, 02:43 PM
Talk about getting comfortable with the system...

Splits
03-13-2016, 02:44 PM
Great to see the future of the Spurs in action. Will still be a sad day when the Big 3 decides to hang them up but seeing the team go into such good hands helps a bit.

And we can thank Tim for that, taking far less than market value the past 5 years, as opposed to a certain cretin (12)

Horse
03-13-2016, 02:53 PM
He can officially say fuck Twitter

DMC
03-13-2016, 03:12 PM
LMA is better than anyone thought. He had stats in Portland on a scrappy offense but he's begun to develop a 2 way game that's pretty damn good. I like his defense as much as his offense. Best thing though is he's not a hot head. He can be hard fouled and just shoot his FTs (and make them) and that's that. Of course we have David West as the enforcer, and Frankenspur if things get ugly.

SanDiegoSpursFan
03-13-2016, 03:15 PM
.587 TS% since the beginning of December too.

Mel_13
03-13-2016, 03:16 PM
Absolutely worth it.

ElNono
03-13-2016, 03:26 PM
better than Jimmer

LongtimeSpursFan
03-13-2016, 03:33 PM
Personally I feel more comfortable with LMA as the main offensive weapon. I feel he just has a natural scorer mentality. Once teams try to focus/game plan on stopping him this will allow others to step up.

cd021
03-13-2016, 03:37 PM
LMAlpha doing LMAlpha things.

SouthernFried
03-13-2016, 03:38 PM
He has impressed me since the all star break. And I have been very skeptical, especially of his competitiveness in big games. He has stepped it up on all accounts...and was great vs. OKC.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2016, 03:39 PM
That quote about how he didn't come here to do well in the regular season is starting to come into focus. I don't know if I believe in him as a crunchtime player yet, but I'm excited to see his progress going forward.

Raven
03-13-2016, 03:40 PM
LMA is better than anyone thought. He had stats in Portland on a scrappy offense but he's begun to develop a 2 way game that's pretty damn good. I like his defense as much as his offense. Best thing though is he's not a hot head. He can be hard fouled and just shoot his FTs (and make them) and that's that. Of course we have David West as the enforcer, and Frankenspur if things get ugly.

sure not better than I thought tbh. Imo he's been the top Pf in the league for years and only Blake Griffin is comparable. I remember people calling him a diva for not wanting to share the spotlight with loliard and laughing my ass off.. there's a difference between sharing the spotlight and having to clean someone else's dirt.

cd021
03-13-2016, 03:56 PM
:lma

2015-2016 per 36
16.5 FGA
21 PPG
10.1 RPG
1.4 BPG
1.8 APG
51 FG%
86 FT %

2014-2015 season average (35.4 mpg)

19.9 FGA
23.4 PPG
10.2 RPG
1 BPG
1.7 APG
46.6 FG%
84.5 FT%

On a per minute basis he's putting up similar number but shooting much better from the field and more effective as a shot block this season.

will_spurs
03-13-2016, 04:00 PM
as opposed to a certain cretin (12)

who happens, over his career, to be the most underpaid HoFer in history.

will_spurs
03-13-2016, 04:03 PM
I'm glad to see LMA fitting in so well. It was a really good idea for him to start with a focus on defense, as that was needed a lot more than his offense, and as he had shown he could be a bit lazy on that end. His offense was going to come no matter what, it was just a question of patience, but his D was questionable.

So we now have two great 2-way players to build around. The Spurs really need to find a great guard in the next couple of years and the Spurs will have reloaded nicely, without missing the playoffs.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2016, 04:05 PM
who happens, over his career, to be the most underpaid HoFer in history.

Kobe did them a favor and took a paycut, dude.

Dancelot
03-13-2016, 09:17 PM
better than Jimmer
Woah! let's not get ahead of ourselves.

SPURt
03-13-2016, 09:59 PM
I love how he's coming on so strong! Watching him last night I realized how he totally tilts the OKC matchup in the Spurs favor. Ibaka was the piece the Spurs struggled the most with and starting LMA>>> starting Bonner to matchup with Ibaka.

DPG21920
03-13-2016, 10:08 PM
Pretty incredible. Even as someone who watches a ton of basketball outside of SA, LMA has been better than advertised. DMC is correct that it's his defense that has impressed. He's turning into a true all around guy on a consistent basis. He's answered every question I've had so far:

O Can he play in a system: So far, yes.
O Can he play defense/in a system: So far, yes.
O Can he improve efficiency on offense with less touches: So far, yes.

He's using the regular season to learn and grow and become more comfortable and his ability to mesh and pick things up is a huge reason why SA is so much better, so much faster than I expected.

There are still playoff questions of course, but the more I see the more I am confident he will do his part. The team may fail but I don' think it will be one of those things where he stands out. Will be a lot of different things and as things look now he actually looks like he can lift the team up if needed.

I also love how he literally fits in personality wise with Tim/Kawhi. Dude just does his job and keeps quiet. Strong mental game as well. Doesn't go crazy, doesn't show too much emotion. Has a bad game, then bounces back. Literally a perfect fit in every single damn way.

KenziE
03-13-2016, 10:12 PM
Never complains to the refs aswell very level headed, laid back dude ... Not much of a talker too just keeps on the task at hand and is very team oriented guy .

Obstructed_View
03-13-2016, 10:26 PM
Pretty incredible. Even as someone who watches a ton of basketball outside of SA, LMA has been better than advertised. DMC is correct that it's his defense that has impressed. He's turning into a true all around guy on a consistent basis. He's answered every question I've had so far:

O Can he play in a system: So far, yes.
O Can he play defense/in a system: So far, yes.
O Can he improve efficiency on offense with less touches: So far, yes.

He's using the regular season to learn and grow and become more comfortable and his ability to mesh and pick things up is a huge reason why SA is so much better, so much faster than I expected.

There are still playoff questions of course, but the more I see the more I am confident he will do his part. The team may fail but I don' think it will be one of those things where he stands out. Will be a lot of different things and as things look now he actually looks like he can lift the team up if needed.

I also love how he literally fits in personality wise with Tim/Kawhi. Dude just does his job and keeps quiet. Strong mental game as well. Doesn't go crazy, doesn't show too much emotion. Has a bad game, then bounces back. Literally a perfect fit in every single damn way.

In a defensive system conventional wisdom says it takes the better part of a year to understand, LMA showed up from day one not making mistakes. Wonder how much better it can get on both ends of the floor.

coachmac87
03-13-2016, 10:28 PM
RC "GM of the year"?

Obstructed_View
03-13-2016, 10:28 PM
RC "GM of the year"?

For sure. Wait until next year when he adds Lebron.

DPG21920
03-13-2016, 10:32 PM
In a defensive system conventional wisdom says it takes the better part of a year to understand, LMA showed up from day one not making mistakes. Wonder how much better it can get on both ends of the floor.

For sure - I do think LMA's defensive talents are heightened playing next to Tim/Kawhi/DG, but that goes for anyone. I was really just concerned with can he come in and SA still have a good defense. Not only can they, but he's adding to that in a very big way.

I don't know how much better they can get only because of Tim. If Tim plays another year than for sure; him having a full year of knowing what's going on should help. If Tim leaves, that will obviously change things but that's not on LMA.

spurtech09
03-13-2016, 10:43 PM
LMA-KL- Locked in...rest of the team....not so much...

DPG21920
03-13-2016, 10:56 PM
LMA-KL- Locked in...rest of the team....not so much...

It's true, but the good news is everyone is focused on defense. The team is mentally engaged. The tide should turn on the scoring. Maybe not for TP who has to generate a lot on his own, but for everyone else the offense is getting good looks and you have to think the shots will fall.

Slippy
03-14-2016, 12:40 AM
LongtimeSpursFan

Personally I feel more comfortable with LMA as the main offensive weapon. I feel he just has a natural scorer mentality. Once teams try to focus/game plan on stopping him this will allow others to step up.

Teams are doing it now. Last game being the most recent example where the defense is collapsing around LA or they automatically doubling. KY was benefiting as in only having to deal with one defender but kept missing good looks until he got going in the 4th. Other teammates were the letdown missing wide open looks.

Sean Cagney
03-14-2016, 01:41 AM
Woah! let's not get ahead of ourselves.

:lol

cutewizard
03-14-2016, 07:14 AM
I'm glad to see LMA fitting in so well. It was a really good idea for him to start with a focus on defense, as that was needed a lot more than his offense, and as he had shown he could be a bit lazy on that end. His offense was going to come no matter what, it was just a question of patience, but his D was questionable.

So we now have two great 2-way players to build around. The Spurs really need to find a great guard in the next couple of years and the Spurs will have reloaded nicely, without missing the playoffs.

-----------------------------

agree

my choice is John Wall, would be perfect for us

will_spurs
03-14-2016, 07:38 AM
Kobe did them a favor and took a paycut, dude.

I was confused as to who he meant but still don't understand the comment...

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-14-2016, 07:40 AM
Oct/Nov - 15.2
Dec - 15.9
Jan - 16.7
Feb - 20.5
Mar - 25.2

This exactly what I predicted back in August. No surprise. Pop wanted his defense to get to Spurs standards and once it did, now his offense is back on Par and actually better due to the open shots he gets in the Spurs System.

BillMc
03-14-2016, 02:42 PM
This exactly what I predicted back in August. No surprise. Pop wanted his defense to get to Spurs standards and once it did, now his offense is back on Par and actually better due to the open shots he gets in the Spurs System.
+1

Harry Callahan
I love how he's coming on so strong! Watching him last night I realized how he totally tilts the OKC matchup in the Spurs favor. Ibaka was the piece the Spurs struggled the most with and starting LMA>>> starting Bonner to matchup with Ibaka.

Ibaka seems like a way softer player now than he was 2-3 years ago and OKC is OK with letting him shoot jumpers on the perimeter and not just focus on blocked shots and rebounds. Let's face it OKC has two high end scorers, but, unlike the Spurs, most of their "other" guys are less willing to do the dirty work.

LMA really hurts OKC and the older guys have way less pressure to do the heavy lifting now - its a big collective effort.

The Spurs record of success will not necessarily go away when Tim, Manu, and (eventually Tony) step away. Kawhi is sooooo much better now (he even controls the ball in crunch time like a point guard/forward). LMA can play the style he plays for a long time without a huge dropoff because his fundamentals are so sound with his offensive game. I consider him to be a Dirk type player with a litte less range - there is nothing wrong with that for the next 4-5 years. He can flat out put points on the board almost effortlessly.

If the Spurs are shrewd AND a little lucky in their near term player acquisition, they will be able to win more NBA championships in the next 5 years. I did not think that was realistic two years ago.

IMO, if the Spurs can obtain a Tony clone in the next year or two, we can still kick butt.

BillMc
https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/lamarcus-aldridge-and-adam-levine.jpg?quality=80&w=650

BillMc
03-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Ibaka seems like a way softer player now than he was 2-3 years ago and OKC is OK with letting him shoot jumpers on the perimeter and not just focus on blocked shots and rebounds. Let's face it OKC has two high end scorers, but, unlike the Spurs, most of their "other" guys are less willing to do the dirty work.

LMA really hurts OKC and the older guys have way less pressure to do the heavy lifting now - its a big collective effort.

The Spurs record of success will not necessarily go away when Tim, Manu, and (eventually Tony) step away. Kawhi is sooooo much better now (he even controls the ball in crunch time like a point guard/forward). LMA can play the style he plays for a long time without a huge dropoff because his fundamentals are so sound with his offensive game. I consider him to be a Dirk type player with a litte less range - there is nothing wrong with that for the next 4-5 years. He can flat out put points on the board almost effortlessly.

If the Spurs are shrewd AND a little lucky in their near term player acquisition, they will be able to win more NBA championships in the next 5 years. I did not think that was realistic two years ago.

IMO, if the Spurs can obtain a Tony clone in the next year or two, we can still kick butt.

I agree with you. The weird thing is that this feels like a transition year, like we're a piece or two away (like the Tony clone you mention) and yet we're 56-10 with really only 1 team in the whole league who'd be favored against us in a series. Amazing.

SPURt
03-14-2016, 06:02 PM

Great response! I agree with you everything except I'm not even sure if the Spurs need a Tony clone. It'd be nice to have a PG that can create and play consistently. The hardest part of this season has been the inconsistency from Danny, Tony, Patty, and Manu.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2016, 06:51 PM
I was confused as to who he meant but still don't understand the comment...

I thought 12 referred to Kobe, and I thought your comment referred to the article where he says that his 800 jillion dollar contract was him giving the team a discount because players like he and lebron are underpaid.

will_spurs
03-14-2016, 08:31 PM
I thought 12 referred to Kobe, and I thought your comment referred to the article where he says that his 800 jillion dollar contract was him giving the team a discount because players like he and lebron are underpaid.

I thought 12 was a reference to Parker's current salary, but I guess it's actually a reference to LMA's contract. In any case it's cryptic to say the least.