PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Who are you first Team and second team defence so far...

apalisoc_9
03-13-2016, 03:37 PM
Beverley-Danny Green-Leonard-Dray Green-Duncan
Paul-Tony Allen-Crowder-Millsap-Jordan

-Smart and Gobert missed out because of injuries
-Deandre has actually been so valuable this year for the clippers, specailly when Blake got hurt. I think hes been a fat more impactful player than whiteside
-Millsap is the 2nd best two way player in the league..very similar orpm and drpm

Raven
03-13-2016, 03:43 PM
it's actually really easy this year, our whole starting 5 leads the league in defensive rating so it's only fair to put them all in the first team all defense. I guess you could argue tony but it's really not our fault if no other team care about D.

spurraider21
03-13-2016, 03:47 PM
defensive rating is a pretty terrible individual stat and your rationale is retarded beyond measure

DAF86
03-13-2016, 03:49 PM
They better not snub Duncan from 1st team all-defense, tbh. I could easily see folks falling for Deandre's blocks.

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2016, 03:50 PM
G Paul
G Green
F Leonard
F Green
C Jordan

G Lowry
G Allen
F Crowder
F Lebron
C Duncan

apalisoc_9
03-13-2016, 03:59 PM
Millsap has been fucking awesome this season even not considering drpm. Hes been huge. Really still making a huge case for third team all nba.

Mal
03-13-2016, 04:29 PM
Defending lottery pick counts ?

Kawhitstorm
03-13-2016, 05:09 PM
Lowry
Tony Allen
Kawhi
Draymond
Tim

Avery Bradley (Chris Paul got destroyed by WestBrick)
KCP (Defended Curry as well as anyone)
Crowder (LeBron takes games off & PG has regressed)
Millsap (2nd most versatile defender after Draymond)
DeAndre (Bogut is better but he only plays 20 minutes)

Baseline21
03-13-2016, 05:25 PM
What amazes me and is just flat out wrong is Duncan and Bowen never won a defensive player of the year award. Not even 1. Duncan and Bowen should have at least 1 on their resume. Spurs D has been great since Duncan got drafted. Yeah, some years it fell off because Duncan was tired or banged up but their wasn't many years like that. Ben Wallace won it like 4 years in a row and so did Mt. Mutumbo. You're telling me Duncan wasn't as good or better when Wallace won it 4 years in a row. Some people say it's hard winning it 2 or more because voters get sick picking the same player over again and want a new face. I'm hoping Kawhi wins it again but knowing how things go expect the unexpected. They probably give it to Draymond because they want warriors to win mvp and DPOY because of their record. I'm just saying Kawhi better win it again this year.

Robz4000
03-13-2016, 05:32 PM
Paul
Green
Leonard
Green
Duncan

Bradley
KCP
Crowder
LMA
DeMonkey/Bogut

03-13-2016, 05:57 PM
You'd have to be a pretty big homer to put Duncan as 1st team all defense. His only value anymore is rim protection and he hasn't been the best rim protector in the league...

Kawhitstorm
03-13-2016, 06:45 PM
You'd have to be a pretty big homer to put Duncan as 1st team all defense. His only value anymore is rim protection and he hasn't been the best rim protector in the league...

You might want to check the Spurs defense with & without Tim.:wakeup

If there are homers, it's the Danny fan boys picking him over Tony Allen when Danny got smoked by ReDick, Eric Gordon, Curry, CP3, Lowry, JR Smith, Monta, Otto Porter, KCP, Clarkson/Lou Williams, Devin Booker just to name a few.:lol

CtdAzM-RV6g

Kidd K
03-14-2016, 05:43 AM

I don't agree. Just because you see him too slow to get to a certain play on the perimeter or not making flashy athletic plays doesn't mean he's not making a difference. Duncan is effecting a lot of plays by being in the right spot at almost all times, not to mention his rebounding is still excellent. If you watch some of the opposing team's home broadcasts, they will comment occasionally about how Duncan's intelligent defense and how he's causing problems.

You won't hear it on national broadcasts since they're too busy blowing the stars and scorers and talking about LeBron or the Warriors or Thunder even if they aren't playing, and on Spurs broadcasts you might become desensitized to their props and pass it off as homerism. Duncan's D' is still effective and a lot of announcers still comment on it frequently.