View Full Version : NBA: Season Awards

DMC
03-13-2016, 07:58 PM
MVP: Curry with seconds to Kawhi

6th Man: AI

DPOY: Kawhi

RotY: Porzi

MIP: ?

CotY: Kerr is the popular answer, probably wrong one. Brad Stevens is up there. I'd say Pop still.

Exec of the Year: Has to be RC for getting LMA

Some homerism maybe, still.

spurraider21
03-13-2016, 07:59 PM
towns is clear RoTY

BD24
03-13-2016, 08:03 PM
towns is clear RoTY

Thread
03-13-2016, 08:06 PM
:rolleyes

03-13-2016, 08:10 PM
MVP: Curry with seconds to Kawhi

6th Man: Will Barton

RotY: KAT

MIP: CJ

CotY: Brad Stevens

UNT Eagles 2016
03-13-2016, 08:14 PM
MVP: Curry

DPOY: Green

6th Man: Iguodala

ROY: Towns

MIP: Brandon Rush or Speights

COY: Kerr

Because we all know who the NBA's favorite team is.

spursistan
03-13-2016, 08:19 PM
MVP: Curry (Kawhi 2nd)

6th Man: Will Barton

ROY: Towns

MIP: CJ Mcollum

COY: Stotts

Floyd Pacquiao
03-13-2016, 08:36 PM
Give Duncan his lifetime achievement DPOY. ABC showed a stat when he was out our D-rating dropped to 13th.

DMC
03-13-2016, 09:00 PM
Tony needs the DPAY.. didn't play all year.

apalisoc_9
03-13-2016, 09:15 PM
Jeremy lin has actually been the most relevant 6th man this year in a playoff team..sounds weird saying that :lol

apalisoc_9
03-13-2016, 09:16 PM
Give Duncan his lifetime achievement DPOY. ABC showed a stat when he was out our D-rating dropped to 13th.

Not going to happen because of minutes played. Would like to see Duncan make all nba team again though. Duncan as a third teamer.

03-13-2016, 09:34 PM
Jeremy lin has actually been the most relevant 6th man this year in a playoff team..sounds weird saying that :lol

Haven't seen him play at all this year but his numbers are absolutely terrible lmao

DPG21920
03-13-2016, 10:02 PM
MVP: Curry - clearly the best player on the best team and pretty much every advanced metric grades him out as that as well.

6th Man: Jrue Holiday - they are probably not making the playoffs and it's a bit of sham, but he's been coming off the bench the majority of the year and putting up the best numbers.

DPOY: Kawhi - not a homer pick. He's near the top of most advanced defensive metrics and is a key part on the best defense in the NBA.

RotY: KAT - he's been even better than I thought. Just a ridiculous ceiling.

MIP: CJ McCollum - been great this year and with POR being an unexpected PO team in the West? Deserves it.

CotY: Real COY: Rick Carlisle - especially if DAL makes the playoffs. But I think it goes to Kerr or Pop (depending on how the voters view Kerr missing time).

DMC
03-13-2016, 10:26 PM
MVP: Curry - clearly the best player on the best team and pretty much every advanced metric grades him out as that as well.

6th Man: Jrue Holiday - they are probably not making the playoffs and it's a bit of sham, but he's been coming off the bench the majority of the year and putting up the best numbers.

DPOY: Kawhi - not a homer pick. He's near the top of most advanced defensive metrics and is a key part on the best defense in the NBA.

RotY: KAT - he's been even better than I thought. Just a ridiculous ceiling.

MIP: CJ McCollum - been great this year and with POR being an unexpected PO team in the West? Deserves it.

CotY: Real COY: Rick Carlisle - especially if DAL makes the playoffs. But I think it goes to Kerr or Pop (depending on how the voters view Kerr missing time).

I agree with this. I haven't seen KAT play a lot, but what I have seen impressed me. CJ has been great for Portland, a team like SA who seems to get a lot from guys others probably wouldn't be able to. Pop might not get the nod because he won so many times already. I just think the Eastern teams are overdue for some notice even if they aren't nearly as strong as the West.

I don't know if Luke Walton would qualify, and if not perhaps Kerr wouldn't either. Is Kerr's winning percentage better than Pops this year?

apalisoc_9
03-13-2016, 10:32 PM
Haven't seen him play at all this year but his numbers are absolutely terrible lmao

Yeah, hes been on and off...a huge part of the hornets rotation and impressive record though.

DPG21920
03-13-2016, 10:35 PM
I agree with this. I haven't seen KAT play a lot, but what I have seen impressed me. CJ has been great for Portland, a team like SA who seems to get a lot from guys others probably wouldn't be able to. Pop might not get the nod because he won so many times already. I just think the Eastern teams are overdue for some notice even if they aren't nearly as strong as the West.

I don't know if Luke Walton would qualify, and if not perhaps Kerr wouldn't either. Is Kerr's winning percentage better than Pops this year?

It is because he gets credit for Luke's time. Luke technically has no record I believe.

DMC
03-13-2016, 10:38 PM
It is because he gets credit for Luke's time. Luke technically has no record I believe.
But since it's based on votes instead of some mathematical output, can you really give a guy the CotY when he was out half the season? You couldn't do that for DPoY or MVP.

It's a weird year.

03-13-2016, 10:40 PM
He had a pretty impressive stretch earlier in the year was getting some media buzz. Haven't heard much about since but if Charlotte makes the playoffs that could be enough to get him the award :lol

DPG21920
03-13-2016, 10:43 PM
But since it's based on votes instead of some mathematical output, can you really give a guy the CotY when he was out half the season? You couldn't do that for DPoY or MVP.

It's a weird year.

Ya, Kerr has done a fine job obviously, but I don't know if he will get dinged for missing time. Pop having to integrate guys while having some injuries while still keeping pace may give him the nod.

BatManu20
03-13-2016, 10:52 PM
MVP: Curry unanimously.

6th Man: Iggy

ROY: KAT

MIP: CJ

COY: Pop. Kerr could still get it, but the Dubs went 39-4 without him this season, and are clearly the most talented team. That's not worthy of the COY imo. What Pop has done with Kawhi and Big 3 missing a lot of games + so many moving pieces this season is extraordinary. We're having the great regular season in franchise history.. that says a lot. I think Pop deserves it.

Splits
03-13-2016, 10:59 PM
Worst playing while retired: Kirby

Robz4000
03-13-2016, 11:06 PM
DPOTY: Kiwi
6MOTY: Iggy (if he isn't out awhile), otherwise its literally a crapshoot
MIP: McCollum
ROTY: Towns
COTY: Brad Stevens

Killakobe81
03-14-2016, 10:11 AM
DPOTY: Green
6th: Not truly impressed with anyone this year tbh ... Iggy, I guess ...
MIP: MCollum
COTY: Stevens
ROTY: KAT