PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Why Ben Simmons is NOT the #1 prospect in teh land ...

Killakobe81
03-14-2016, 04:48 PM
For Full story click here (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-ben-simmons-isn-t-the-top-prospect-in-the-2016-nba-draft-190023711.html)

Will Simmons get passed by Ingram? This guy from Yahoo thinks he should ...check out the highlights below:

Simmons’ box scores have grown increasingly hollow. One NBA executive described him as a “taller Rajon Rondo, a more athletic Evan Turner, or a skinnier Royce White.” Simmons has displayed a penchant for stat-mongering like few players in recent memory, seeming to pad his numbers in blowouts.:wow

Damn, if he is right than the Lakers are screwed even if they keep pick and get the #1 spot ...

whitemamba
03-14-2016, 05:04 PM
For Full story click here (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-ben-simmons-isn-t-the-top-prospect-in-the-2016-nba-draft-190023711.html)

Will Simmons get passed by Ingram? This guy from Yahoo thinks he should ...check out the highlights below:

Simmons’ box scores have grown increasingly hollow. One NBA executive described him as a “taller Rajon Rondo, a more athletic Evan Turner, or a skinnier Royce White.” Simmons has displayed a penchant for stat-mongering like few players in recent memory, seeming to pad his numbers in blowouts.:wow

Damn, if he is right than the Lakers are screwed even if they keep pick and get the #1 spot ...

4-2

Kawhitstorm
03-14-2016, 05:05 PM

Dude is a light skin Lamar Odumb & the Okafor of the 2016 draft class aka hyped up to be a generational talent like Timmay but ends up being a 20/10 guy like Al Jefferson. LoL @ folks comparing him to Magic or Lebron.:lol

03-14-2016, 05:16 PM
:lmao lakers

StrengthAndHonor
03-14-2016, 05:49 PM
Simmon's game reminds me of Randle but is distinguished by his better size, athleticism and excellent court vision. If the Lakers somehow ends up with the #1 pick, it would be extremely hard to pass up on Simmons. But personally, I think Ingram is the better fit who can slide seamlessly, offer a versatile offensive presence, handle the rock and complement their core.

BatManu20
03-14-2016, 07:36 PM
He's definitely got an advanced feel for the game for his age. He's 6'10 with a handle. And he's a good passer and rebounder.

But... I've watched his last 3 games, and he CANNOT shoot at all. I was wondering why he never shot jumpers in games, and then they showed a clip of him shooting jumpers pre-game, and he literally missed every single one of them. Like 7 jumpers in row. None were even close. Luckily a jumper is something that can be developed, but it'll take some time with him.

The other thing I've noticed is his shitty attitude. You can tell he doesn't want to be there. I don't really blame him though tbh. They're a horribly coached team with little talent. Plus these kids who know they're 1-and-done are just sort of going through the motions till they get drafted. They just want to be in the NBA, and I can't hold it against them. But he just doesn't seem like a very good leader. That's why scouts are questioning him right now. He's cocky as hell (understandable) and acts like he's above it all. He's has shown zero leadership this season in a losing year for LSU (the didn't even make the tourney), and he doesn't put any effort into Defense right now either, which leaves his teammates frustrated with him. He'll be alright in the pros, but he's got some noticeable holes in his game. His attitude will determine a lot of his future.

midnightpulp
03-14-2016, 07:43 PM
He can't shoot for shit. He's also a ball dominant player.

spursistan
03-14-2016, 07:56 PM
Yeah, legit scouts are coming in and finally putting the brakes on his hype train..if you can't shoot in 2016 NBA, you are automatically overrated..An this dude just signed for Rich Paul agency and the Lebron circle :lol...In it for the brand and trappings of celebrity before he actually sets a foot in NBA..not exactly a great sign about his mindset and priorities..

RsxPiimp
03-14-2016, 08:04 PM
i want ingram, that nigga is durant lite. d''angelo would easily average 11 dimes a game with this dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB5-pxzQP-g

Silver&Black
03-14-2016, 08:59 PM
Ben seems perfect for the Lakers...

He already knows how to miss the postseason.

LkrFan
03-14-2016, 09:04 PM
i want ingram, that nigga is durant lite. d''angelo would easily average 11 dimes a game with this dude

:wow - he needs to gain weight though

RsxPiimp
03-14-2016, 09:16 PM
:wow - he needs to gain weight though

si, this guy is gonna be mucho explosivo amigo

Thread
03-14-2016, 09:29 PM
Ben seems perfect for the Lakers...

He already knows how to miss the postseason.

They were selling your shit.

LkrFan
03-14-2016, 10:13 PM
si, this guy is gonna be mucho explosivo amigo

:tu

ambchang
03-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Ingrams shot needs some work. Release point is low, not particularly smooth, nor quick. He would have trouble getting looks as clean in the nba as he did in college.

Silver&Black
03-14-2016, 10:26 PM

They were selling our shit.

03-14-2016, 10:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB5-pxzQP-gdbust and Simmons played together in high school didn't they? He's going to lobby for Simmoms :lol

03-14-2016, 10:42 PM
Nary a shit was sold

CitizenDwayne
03-14-2016, 11:11 PM
Simmons' post game is light years beyond Randle. He needs work on his jumper and defensive consistency, but he's still a stud. He may have attitude issues though.

RsxPiimp
03-14-2016, 11:15 PM
dbust and Simmons played together in high school didn't they? He's going to lobby for Simmoms :lol

thats my worry, plus he just signed with rich paul. paul is notorious for some shady shit. i can see him declining workouts with other teams should the lakers land a top 3 pick to ensure simmons lands with the lakers

Spurtacular
03-14-2016, 11:29 PM
At first, I thought this was likely media spin; now, I have to wonder if Ingram is not the better pick.

Spurtacular
03-14-2016, 11:35 PM

Wiggins 2.0 might be the better comparison.

K...
03-14-2016, 11:35 PM
What's scary is that Philly could get both.

RsxPiimp
03-14-2016, 11:37 PM
Wiggins 2.0 might be the better comparison.
wiggins never had that range tho...

Kool Bob Love
03-14-2016, 11:51 PM
What's scary is that Philly could get both.

JMarkJohns
03-15-2016, 12:19 AM
The kid is 19 and still learning the parts of the game expected to be learned, while demonstrating an innate ability and vision that can't be.

People overthink things. Needlessly.

Simmons isn't LeBron, and he certainly isn't Magic, but if you can get a more athletic Lamar Odom without the drug problems, you fucking do it.

He is ball dominant. That will be a problem early. Bu, again, we are complaining about a kid who is incredibly talented and instinctual. Curry is ball dominant and yet somehow a central part of the best passing team in the League.

Robz4000
03-15-2016, 01:46 AM
The kid is 19 and still learning the parts of the game expected to be learned, while demonstrating an innate ability and vision that can't be.

People overthink things. Needlessly.

Simmons isn't LeBron, and he certainly isn't Magic, but if you can get a more athletic Lamar Odom without the drug problems, you fucking do it.

He is ball dominant. That will be a problem early. Bu, again, we are complaining about a kid who is incredibly talented and instinctual. Curry is ball dominant and yet somehow a central part of the best passing team in the League.

Curry is ball dominant because he can shoot from anywhere and has proven able and willing to make the right pass. Simmons cannot/has not.

buttsR4rebounding
03-15-2016, 06:01 AM
Simmon's game reminds me of Randle but is distinguished by his better size, athleticism and excellent court vision. If the Lakers somehow ends up with the #1 pick, it would be extremely hard to pass up on Simmons. But personally, I think Ingram is the better fit who can slide seamlessly, offer a versatile offensive presence, handle the rock and complement their core.

RANDLE. Who had the worst plus /minus in the NBA last week.

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 06:45 AM
RANDLE. Who had the worst plus /minus in the NBA last week.

Simmons already has a better off hand than Randle. Randle at least shows a willingness to shoot a open jumper something Simmons has shied away from. I'm with Strength if Lakers do win the lottery it will be tough to pass him up. Even if he is just a bigger Iggy who is the player he reminds me most of btw that is still better than anyone we have right now. Iggy had better athleticism Simmons has better natural vision both were play-makers in college who struggled from range. Iggy on a better zona team helped his squad win more though ...simmons does need to prove in workouts etc. he was not a part of the problem for a vastly under-achieving team. I will say this people always say it's a team sport except when it's to knock someone they dislike. Simmons will also need to develop a shot. Spacing for the Sixers will be god awful if they trot out Noel/Oakafor/Simmons same for Lakers with Randle/Simmons/Center?

All that being said unless Ingram wows me in the tourney I would take Simmons first then look to trade for better spacing later tbh ...

03-15-2016, 07:26 AM
Ingram is clearly the better pick,,,,,lakers are gonna fuck it up as per par :lol

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 07:39 AM
Ingram is clearly the better pick,,,,,lakers are gonna fuck it up as per par :lol

Pretty sure we wont mess it up as bad as ...

The dust chip
The rondo trade
chasing Dwight Howard
Breaking up the title team ...
Dwill near his prime chose Brooklyn
No tyson is not worth that much ...no wait, he is!!

If it wasnt for RC this Mavs team would be just as shitty as we are ... poor Dirk.

03-15-2016, 07:43 AM

The dust chip
The rondo trade
chasing Dwight Howard

If it wasnt for RC this Mavs team would be just as shitty as we are ... poor Dirk.

That's the Sweep talkin'.

03-15-2016, 07:44 AM

The dust chip
The rondo trade
chasing Dwight Howard

You have nary room there after the begging

Also all of those combined still aren't as bad of a fuck up as 48.5 :lol

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 07:49 AM

We traded a twice knee scoped Bynum to get Dwight ...
Not the DPOTY nor did we break up a title team to get him ...

Ahh the sweep was just the end result of a team that had done as much as it could. Y'all kicked our ass no excuses and it doesnt bother me. Lakers were swept plenty when we had the most dominant center ever and no Phil Jackson to lead the way. Utah swept us. Spurs swept us. That sweep meant a LOT more to Mavs fan than it did to us.

The one and done boys!!!:toast

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 07:53 AM

But wait there's more ....

Deandre Jordan ...:rollin

Wesley Matthews ...$70 million with same injury Kobe had ... 48.5 million was bad. Cuban doesnt learn shit from it.
Chandler Parsons ...model. :rollin

Both making more than dirk yet Dirk still the best player on the Mavs

the big fish theory :lol
shark Tank more important than Free agent meetings ...
Drunken promises and deals made in LA clubs ...

The deandre begging then the reniggin'
Deandre comes to dallas and drops a 20 and 20 wet shit on the Mavs last week ...
Leading analytics team (cuban speak regularly at the Sloan conference) trades for Rondo who cant shoot!
:rollin

Mal
03-15-2016, 08:05 AM
LSU was dumpster fire. Weak coach, weak program and suddenly they`ve got next messiah, but couldn`t handle him and after great start, frustation has grown. It all ended in huge fucking blowout by TAMU in SEC SF and then withdrawal for NIT. I wouldnt count this kid out after such a mess he was involved in.

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 08:08 AM
Local ESPN Dallas

It’s also not going to get any easier for the Mavs in the long term. They’re stuck on the mediocrity treadmill owner Mark Cuban has always feared -- having won a grand total of four playoff games since their 2011 title run -- and have no clear path back to being legitimate contenders.

Dallas is paying the price for a decade of draft duds or dealing its picks because it didn’t value investments in young prospects. Justin Anderson and Dwight Powell, the two young players on the roster president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson claimed (with a straight face, even!) were hot commodities before the trade deadline, only play during garbage time. The Mavs don’t even have a pick in this summer’s draft unless it falls in the top seven, owing it to the Boston Celtics to wrap up the disastrous Rajon Rondo deal, which also cost them Jae Crowder, the only legitimate NBA talent Dallas has drafted in the past decade.

The Mavs’ attempts to reload without rebuilding haven’t worked, either. They’re stuck in an NBA no-man’s land, with giving Nowitzki a chance to contend for championships during his golden years looking less and less likely.

And I was no math major in college but $70 million > 48.5 million :lol

The fact that the 29-year-old Matthews is struggling through the worst season of his career can’t be considered surprising. The history of players coming back from torn Achilles tendons, if they come back at all, is frighteningly poor.

The Mavs were well aware of that when they made their massive investment in Matthews this summer, signing him to a four-year, $70 million contract, making good on owner Mark Cuban’s promise to pay him as much as possible depending on whether DeAndre Jordan joined the Mavs. (It would have been a $57 million deal if Jordan followed through on his commitment to come to Dallas.) :lol

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 08:10 AM
LSU was dumpster fire. Weak coach, weak program and suddenly they`ve got next messiah, but couldn`t handle him and after great start, frustation has grown. It all ended in huge fucking blowout by TAMU in SEC SF and then withdrawal for NIT. I wouldnt count this kid out after such a mess he was involved in.

agreed. But there are some holes in his game and questions to be answered.

03-15-2016, 08:11 AM
We traded a twice knee scoped Bynum to get Dwight ...
Not the DPOTY nor did we break up a title team to get him ...

Doesn't matter, it was still one of the biggest failures in NBA history (now this is going to be FUN :lmao) and you still begged for him to stay

Ahh the sweep was just the end result of a team that had done as much as it could. Y'all kicked our ass no excuses and it doesnt bother me. Lakers were swept plenty when we had the most dominant center ever and no Phil Jackson to lead the way. Utah swept us. Spurs swept us. That sweep meant a LOT more to Mavs fan than it did to us.
You seem to always have a bone to pick with Cuban for some reason so, yeah, I'll just bet it doesn't. Ha

The one and done boys!!!:toast

Curb stomped by a one and done team :lol

03-15-2016, 08:24 AM

Wesley Matthews ...$70 million with same injury Kobe had ... 48.5 million was bad. Cuban doesnt learn shit from it.

Deandre comes to dallas and drops a 20 and 20 wet shit on the Mavs last week ...
Leading analytics team (cuban speak regularly at the Sloan conference) trades for Rondo who cant shoot!

Yeah Matthews deal might be bad but the cap raise is gonna mitigate some of that. Still, nothing beats 24mil a year under the current cap for basically the worst player in the league :lol especially when all you got to show for it are two busts :lmao

Deandre situation just showed how much of a faggot he is tbh

But yeah it's pretty clear Cuban lives rent free in your head, not sure why

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 08:28 AM
Doesn't matter, it was still one of the biggest failures in NBA history (now this is going to be FUN :lmao) and you still begged for him to stay

You seem to always have a bone to pick with Cuban for some reason so, yeah, I'll just bet it doesn't. Ha

Curb stomped by a one and done team :lol

I dont like Cubes ...no doubt about that.
The sweep doesnt bother me ... I was at the AAC for game 3 probably one of the 5 best games i ever been to even though we lost ..

We did get curb stomped in game 4 the,rest of the series was fairly close but either way yall whipped our ass. Love RC and Dirk hate Cubes so watching you fail brings me joy. He says he enjoys watching the Lakers suck ...i will enjoy him failing even more.

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 08:31 AM
Yeah Matthews deal might be bad but the cap raise is gonna mitigate some of that. Still, nothing beats 24mil a year under the current cap for basically the worst player in the league :lol especially when all you got to show for it are two busts :lmao

Deandre situation just showed how much of a faggot he is tbh

But yeah it's pretty clear Cuban lives rent free in your head, not sure why

Matthews was the only starter shooting worse than Kobe a few weeks back not sure if still true but either way you have him for 3 more years with no titles to show. Kobes contract was based on past performance for us and ends this year ...
you are paying Wes for what he did for Portland.:lol Smart move.

BD24
03-15-2016, 08:52 AM
Matthews was the only starter shooting worse than Kobe a few weeks back not sure if still true but either way you have him for 3 more years with no titles to show. Kobes contract was based on past performance for us and ends this year ...
Forgot those dumb asses gave him that huge contract :lmao

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 08:57 AM
Forgot those dumb asses gave him that huge contract :lmao

yep. And to be fair good guy hard worker by all accounts a great locker-room guy... but they paid him $70 million to help lure Deandre ... he only would have gotten $57 million if Jordan had stayed. But Jordan did not and they still added $13 million to a guy coming off the same surgery Kobe did and we saw how crappy Kobe looked post Surgery ... that is the puzzling part.

Deandre's reniggin' has had one of the biggest dominoes effect ... since the Stern veto and The Decision, tbh ...

BD24
03-15-2016, 09:00 AM
yep. And to be fair good guy hard worker by all accounts a great locker-room guy... but they paid him $70 million to help lure Deandre ... he only would have gotten $57 million if Jordan had stayed. But Jordan did not and they still added $13 million to a guy coming off the same surgery Kobe did and we saw how crappy Kobe looked post Surgery ... that is the puzzling part.

Deandre's reniggin' has had the biggest dominoes effect since the Stern veto and The Decision, tbh ...
Mavs future looks even more bleak than the Lakers honestly. At least the Lakers have a few solid young pieces.

The Mavs though? Chandler Parsons? Not a fitting centerpiece and he wants out anyway. Wes Matthews, no way a number 1 option. They don't have shit for the future. Kind of sad to see actually.

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 09:11 AM
Mavs future looks even more bleak than the Lakers honestly. At least the Lakers have a few solid young pieces.

The Mavs though? Chandler Parsons? Not a fitting centerpiece and he wants out anyway. Wes Matthews, no way a number 1 option. They don't have shit for the future. Kind of sad to see actually.

I would still take them slightly over us because they have a coach...and despite my distaste for him they have one owner who may meddle some but has put a solid front office in place. The strange thing is as good as a city Dallas is (well I stay in Frisco work in Plano) ... no big fish has come to play there even with a top notch coach and a sure fire HOF'er like Dirk. They also have a great tax situation ... great housing strong schools. if a player is a family man like many pretend when they get married DFW is great.

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 09:11 AM
Weather just sucks in the summer ...

BD24
03-15-2016, 09:20 AM
I would still take them slightly over us because they have a coach...and despite my distaste for him they have one owner who may meddle some but has put a solid front office in place. The strange thing is as good as a city Dallas is (well I stay in Frisco work in Plano) ... no big fish has come to play there even with a top notch coach and a sure fire HOF'er like Dirk. They also have a great tax situation ... great housing strong schools. if a player is a family man like many pretend when they get married DFW is great.
DFW is solid. If I move from San Antonio it will either be to Dallas or Austin. More than likely Dallas though, actually having my bachelor party there this week.

Darth_Pelican
03-15-2016, 09:24 AM
Being an LSU alumni, I watched just about every game Simmons played this year. The kid has raw talent, but not once did he take over a game down the stretch. He has no killer instinct. It didn't help that LSU's coach is possibly the worst one in college basketball. Such a disappointing season after such high expectations.

03-15-2016, 09:25 AM

Right now Matthews' contract surely looks bad, and yeah giving him that extra money was fucking retarded :lol, but I will wait until next season to call it a failure.

Contracts based on past performance are even more retarded though and that's not what the Mavs did. They are not paying for what he did in Portland, they just made a gamble. Whether he was going to live up to it or not was unclear at the time. With your kirby though everybody knew he was done and was never gonna live up to his contract and all you have to show for it are two seasons as the cellar dweller of the western conference :lol 48.5 has been far more damaging than Matthews contract can ever be

To your point about Cuban, while I'm not the biggest fan of the guy either, as far as owners go he's still one of the best. I just wish he wouldn't get involved so much in the basketball decisions.

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 09:27 AM
DFW is solid. If I move from San Antonio it will either be to Dallas or Austin. More than likely Dallas though, actually having my bachelor party there this week.

Congrats brother!! Still waiting on our bet to be paid off ...i know math wise it's not over but no way we catch the T-pups even though they are fading. Marriage is great, but tough. Enjoy the party. Resist the temptations once you get married especially if you move out here ...so many pretty women. Not cali quality although so many have moved here from there and LA etc.
And a piece of marriage advice even if she trusts you she will look through your phone, email if you leave it open, wallet. They cant help it. A wise woman once told me they are just naturally insecure even if they have no reason to be. If they look and find nothing it re-assures them you are a good man and you can count on her to ride or die. If she looks and finds dirt even something as small as a flirty email or text with an ex ... it will feed that insecurity.

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 09:31 AM
Right now Matthews' contract surely looks bad, and yeah giving him that extra money was fucking retarded :lol, but I will wait until next season to call it a failure.

Contracts based on past performance are even more retarded though and that's not what the Mavs did. They are not paying for what he did in Portland, they just made a gamble. Whether he was going to live up to it or not was unclear at the time. With your kirby though everybody knew he was done and was never gonna live up to his contract and all you have to show for it are two season as the cellar dweller of the western conference :lol 48.5 has been far more damaging than Matthews contract can ever be

To your point about Cuban, while I'm not the biggest fan of the guy either, as far as owners go he's still one of the best. I just wish he wouldn't get involved so much in the basketball decisions.

Gamble sure on a guy coming off a devastating injury that pretty much ended careers for players better than Wes. But OK. I get it.
Saying Kobe's was more damaging ...really doesnt help your argument tbh. But I have picked on the Mavs enough today and we surely have our own problems with the Lakers. I actually like when the Mavs are decent cuz I live here in DFW. I think I will attend your own sweep at the AAC vs the Dubs or the spurs if the Mavs make the playoffs which I expect. Good luck either way.

JMarkJohns
03-15-2016, 10:27 AM
Curry is ball dominant because he can shoot from anywhere and has proven able and willing to make the right pass. Simmons cannot/has not.

I wasn't comparing the two in skill. I understand the differences. The point is, Simmons isn't a finished product by any stretch. He already has demonstrated some level of ball handling, vision, and facilitation at age 18 that suggests as skills develop, the concerns people are over analyzing now will seem pretty silly.

Give him his rookie contract, then complain.

But to basically say, as some are, that you wouldn't take a 6-10 athlete with a quality PG skillset because at age 18 his college team sucks and he's ball dominant and he can't shoot is foolish.

Ingram is good, but he's as much of a prospect for different reasons and he's more traditional in position and overall skillset. Simmons is that quirky talent with the potential to impact a game uniquely, creating mismatches.

Eye of the beholder, but there's an Ingram type in almost every draft.

Simmons, not so much.

The real reasons all of you hate him is he's been promoted ad nauseam. If his skills had been celebrated organically, and his talent caught you all by surprise, he'd have more fans.

But he's been stuffed down your throats and so you want to see him fail.

Which is fine, but that's a silly reason to belittle someone.

Now, is he a perfect prospect? Hell no.

I don't expect transcendence. But he could be a very special player.

But whatever. I was one of, if not the first to break down his game for everyone on this board. I've watched his games for a while now. He's a very intriguing talent. I'd really like to see him with a coach like Brad Stevens.

JMarkJohns
03-15-2016, 10:35 AM
Being an LSU alumni, I watched just about every game Simmons played this year. The kid has raw talent, but not once did he take over a game down the stretch. He has no killer instinct. It didn't help that LSU's coach is possibly the worst one in college basketball. Such a disappointing season after such high expectations.

This is very true. But maybe he simply doesn't know how to take over games yet? Properly taking over a game isn't having the mentality that despite being a bad shooter, that you're just gonna keep shooting until things change.

Maybe what many consider a weakness is actually a strength in that he is self aware, knowing his own limitations and not dominating to them.

Get him some sort of shot-Doctor and give him a few years.

With all of the zones allowed in college, it's not always the best place for a non-shooter to shine. Especially one with mediocre teammates and a crappy head coach.

MultiTroll
03-15-2016, 10:54 AM
In the Mathews / Jordan / Cuban / Kobme debate.

1. Mathews signing was retarded, but is at least salvageable next few seasons.
2. Jordan bolting, nothing mereticious about it at all. Spineless.
Does not make Cuban an idiot, makes Jordan a jellyfish.
3. Kobmes contract still among the WOAT, if not the worst. From a basketball point of view. However, Lakers Inc is not about basketball, rather it is an entertainment / religious cult business. With empty seats such as had not been seen since 1993, the Fakeshow and Kobme had to go with the *Farewell Tour*.

It worked, seat sales to cultists shot up after LakerKobme Inc announced the tour.

03-15-2016, 11:17 AM
Gamble sure on a guy coming off a devastating injury that pretty much ended careers for players better than Wes. But OK. I get it.
Saying Kobe's was more damaging ...really doesnt help your argument tbh. But I have picked on the Mavs enough today and we surely have our own problems with the Lakers. I actually like when the Mavs are decent cuz I live here in DFW. I think I will attend your own sweep at the AAC vs the Dubs or the spurs if the Mavs make the playoffs which I expect. Good luck either way.

Thanks, good luck in the lottery :toast

03-15-2016, 11:18 AM
In the Mathews / Jordan / Cuban / Kobme debate.

1. Mathews signing was retarded, but is at least salvageable next few seasons.
2. Jordan bolting, nothing mereticious about it at all. Spineless.
Does not make Cuban an idiot, makes Jordan a jellyfish.
3. Kobmes contract still among the WOAT, if not the worst. From a basketball point of view. However, Lakers Inc is not about basketball, rather it is an entertainment / religious cult business. With empty seats such as had not been seen since 1993, the Fakeshow and Kobme had to go with the *Farewell Tour*.

It worked, seat sales to cultists shot up after LakerKobme Inc announced the tour.

Multi

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 12:38 PM
This is very true. But maybe he simply doesn't know how to take over games yet? Properly taking over a game isn't having the mentality that despite being a bad shooter, that you're just gonna keep shooting until things change.

Maybe what many consider a weakness is actually a strength in that he is self aware, knowing his own limitations and not dominating to them.

Get him some sort of shot-Doctor and give him a few years.

With all of the zones allowed in college, it's not always the best place for a non-shooter to shine. Especially one with mediocre teammates and a crappy head coach.

great points. you taking ingram if Suns win lotto and you are GM? I am leaning the other way but Simmons is in the clubhouse ...Ingram can change perspectives if Duke makes a deep run.

JMarkJohns
03-15-2016, 03:19 PM
I'm taking Simmons at #1 and have no reservations.

I think he alongside Booker in a pic/roll with Knight spotting up could be crazy good in time.

I will happily take Ingram if they get #2, or ecstatically take Simmons if someone at #1 is an idiot.

But I'm planning on Dragan Bender at 3/4/5.

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 03:45 PM
I'm taking Simmons at #1 and have no reservations.

I think he alongside Booker in a pic/roll with Knight spotting up could be crazy good in time.

I will happily take Ingram if they get #2, or ecstatically take Simmons if someone at #1 is an idiot.

But I'm planning on Dragan Bender at 3/4/5.

I worded the above wrong im leaning Simmons but open to Ingram changing my mind. Last year pre tourney most were saying oakafor and kat was the better choice ...can Ingram do the same?

JMarkJohns
03-15-2016, 04:07 PM
Ingram isn't Durant. Right now he's more of a finisher, and I've not seen that much to suggest he's going to be a #1 on a team. Whereas Simmons may not be the #1 scorer, but he's so unique he can have same impact without excessive shots.

Pair him with someone like Booker, who is an elite passing SG, and has possible #1 scorer mentality, and that could be a damn scary combo.

But for just any team? 76ers need so much help, and have already take. So many bugs, I just don't know.

DPG21920
03-15-2016, 04:08 PM
Simmons for the Lakers is way different than Simmons for other teams. LA's young guys aren't really shooters (Russ is solid I guess) and Russ has the look of a ball dominant guard. So you are either relegating Russ to a spot up off the ball guy or Simmons who can't shoot.

RsxPiimp
03-15-2016, 04:13 PM
Simmons for the Lakers is way different than Simmons for other teams. LA's young guys aren't really shooters (Russ is solid I guess) and Russ has the look of a ball dominant guard. So you are either relegating Russ to a spot up off the ball guy or Simmons who can't shoot.

+1. though you always take the BPA, i think given the opportunity, the lakers should draft ingram. plus he has intangibles simmons seems to lack.

DMC
03-15-2016, 04:13 PM
Not an interesting story unless you're a perpetual lottery team.. oh wait.

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 04:19 PM

I think sixers and Lakers are in a similar boat. The question is should Oak (or Noel/Embiid) stop them from taking Simmons and for the lakers it's Randle/Nance. Russ doesnt change the needle either way tbh. Russ and Simmons already played HS ball together and remain close. I doubt they would have a problem playing together since Simmons only really likes to handle the ball in the post and in transition. Now that may be the coach's fault ...but he is no problem for the Suns and less one for the Lakers than the sixers. but I am not sure how you play Randle and Simmons together if neither improves significantly from outside. But if I was pulling the strings for the Lakers I take Simmons and you build up Nace or Randle for a trade if simmons cant play SF you take BPA unless it's close then you go for fit and or big as the tiebreaker. It would definitely take a better coach than Byron for it to work though ...

DPG21920
03-15-2016, 04:20 PM
+1. though you always take the BPA, i think given the opportunity, the lakers should draft ingram. plus he has intangibles simmons seems to lack.

Lakers need a ton of stuff, but IMO, high character guys are a must. I know many Laker fans won't admit it, but what Kobe and Byron are doing is toxic especially for younger players. Yanking them around, making things a circus, building losing habits, making it all about one guy, etc..

They also need talent and fit and they have to decide who they are building around. Another thing is Randle. They seem to use him like a Simmons-lite. If you bring him in, where does that leave Randle and his one skill that sort of stands out?

JMarkJohns
03-15-2016, 04:21 PM

That makes sense. Similar for Philly.

But I'd say those teams rather than draft Ingram should explore trade options for Simmons, as I'm sure a team like Boston or Phoenix would be willing to part with quite a bit from their surplus.

Right now I'm sure only Booker and Len are untouchable.

Warren/2016 Suns 1st/2016 Wizards 1st (both lottery)?

I'd happily include Knight or Bledsoe but that's probably not happening.

DPG21920
03-15-2016, 04:27 PM
That makes sense. Similar for Philly.

But I'd say those teams rather than draft Ingram should explore trade options for Simmons, as I'm sure a team like Boston or Phoenix would be willing to part with quite a bit from their surplus.

Right now I'm sure only Booker and Len are untouchable.

Warren/2016 Suns 1st/2016 Wizards 1st (both lottery)?

I'd happily include Knight or Bledsoe but that's probably not happening.

We all know, especially for teams like LA, they can't take short cuts. They have to learn how to draft and value the draft especially since they no longer appear to be a FA destination. They aren't going to get good over night unless things REALLY break their way which is highly unlikely.

I would only consider trading the pick if they can get a very young talent that they have already seen have some success. Drafting is risky for sure and even with high picks. But you better be damn sure you don't pass on a young, cheap franchise cornerstone just to get a guy who doesn't move the needle short/long-term because of name value.

But it's obviously something LA needs to consider depending on their goal (get to playoffs as quickly as possible or build a team over time) and on how FA goes

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 04:28 PM
The question is Simmons truly better than Ingram? or Bender? I say yes. but I feel less sure after the way he finished the year. and it wasnt all LSU like Wiggins a few years back you are waiting for this dude with all this talent to take over and it did not happen enough. Great that he is unselfish but as the best player you have a responsibility to your team to exert your will on key games.

Still taking him regardless of fit.

DPG21920
03-15-2016, 04:32 PM
The question isn't as much of "is player x better than player y" but "how good is the best player available that we can pick". If the best you get is a Wiggins type, that's not bad, but if that's the case IMO you look to trade if someone is paying superstar price.

If it's a Duncan/Shaq/Bron/Durant level player, then you can't trade them.

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 04:37 PM
We all know, especially for teams like LA, they can't take short cuts. They have to learn how to draft and value the draft especially since they no longer appear to be a FA destination. They aren't going to get good over night unless things REALLY break their way which is highly unlikely.

I would only consider trading the pick if they can get a very young talent that they have already seen have some success. Drafting is risky for sure and even with high picks. But you better be damn sure you don't pass on a young, cheap franchise cornerstone just to get a guy who doesn't move the needle short/long-term because of name value.

But it's obviously something LA needs to consider depending on their goal (get to playoffs as quickly as possible or build a team over time) and on how FA goes

Why would Laker fans defend Byron? He has been terrible. As for Kobe even the most supportive of Laker media and SOME fans have said the farewell tour has been a blessing (they see what hard work can bring) but more of a curse (no chance to develop fully while Kobe is adored) for the Lakers youth. The shaky mins etc. But as I said when russ started playing well Lou Will is more a detriment because he is even more of an iso player than broken down Kobe at this point.

I posted this article but it's still just one side of a story. SI posted an article about him and Porzy and also mentioned the reality film crew but they did not destroy his character like YAhoo did. Either way it will be interesting to hear what more scouts think as the draft approaches.

As for the Lakers I agree they should be patient and build the right way. I also agree Deeps they shouldnt trade until they have a chance to see what they have. Randle is basically a rook and I wouldnt trade simmons unless it was a for young proven star but not one like cousins because that would be worse for this young core than this season has been.

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 04:44 PM
The question isn't as much of "is player x better than player y" but "how good is the best player available that we can pick". If the best you get is a Wiggins type, that's not bad, but if that's the case IMO you look to trade if someone is paying superstar price.

If it's a Duncan/Shaq/Bron/Durant level player, then you can't trade them.

realistically the only somewhat superstar on the market is maybe Cousins?
Out of the guys you mentioned only Shaq was ever truly traded (lebroin was Heat sign and trade but that was for cap reasons and so that Cavs could get SOMETHING instead of nothing) Most true superstars do not get traded until they are past their prime ...

I have been preaching patience for the past two years.

Mark this down. Lakers please just say no to:

DeRozan, Barnes etc. at max money. If they want to take a below max but still significant deal to help be the face of the Lakers cool. If not let some other squad waste the money. No matter WHO the Lakers sign they wont win a chip next year even if Russ /Randle take a leap in the off-season and we get Simmons and he devlops a jumper..
SO ... no need to to be in a rush to pay non franchise guys max dollars. Keep building around young guys and eventually the right FA will come. but the lakers and their fans need to be patient.

I have seen some homers dream about:

Russ
Clarkson
Durant
Simmons
Randle

Sure that team can score but it STILL wouldnt win shit without more defense and a better coach. Great passing, scoring and rebounding though.

DPG21920
03-15-2016, 04:47 PM
realistically the only somewhat superstar on the market is maybe Cousins?
Out of the guys you mentioned only Shaq was ever truly traded (lebroin was Heat sign and trade but that was for cap reasons and so that Cavs could get SOMETHING instead of nothing) Most true superstars do not get traded until they are past their prime ...

I have been preaching patience for the past two years.

Mark this down. Lakers please just say no to:

DeRozan, Barnes etc. at max money. If they want to take a below max but still significant deal to help be the face of the Lakers cool. If not let some other squad waste the money. No matter WHO the Lakers sign they wont win a chip next year even if Russ /Randle take a leap in the off-season and we get Simmons and he devlops a jumper.. SO need to to be in a rush to pay non franchise guys max dollars. Keep building around young guys and eventually the right FA will come. but the lakers and their fans need to be patient.

I'm not even saying trade for a superstar. Something like 2nd pick for really solid young player and the 8th pick. Probably can still nab a good player and get another too. If you can't land a star, might as well cash in as much as possible.

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 04:50 PM
I'm not even saying trade for a superstar. Something like 2nd pick for really solid young player and the 8th pick. Probably can still nab a good player and get another too. If you can't land a star, might as well cash in as much as possible.

I would rather have the Wiggins type personally. a good #2 is hard to find. If both Druss and simmons are #2's that is fine we will have a great third option when we can finally get a true#1. No deal.

DPG21920
03-15-2016, 04:59 PM
It will be interesting to see how Simmons ends up. Is he Lebron? Lamar Odom? So much depends on his drive and work ethic (and coaching/player development environment). Big year for LA.

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 05:05 PM
It will be interesting to see how Simmons ends up. Is he Lebron? Lamar Odom? So much depends on his drive and work ethic (and coaching/player development environment). Big year for LA.

I can answer the first ...

No he is not LeBron. Not even close imho. not even talking Lebron now but even watching both in HS Lebron was better. Better leader too. Think he will be better than Lamar though ...we shall see.

LkrFan
03-15-2016, 06:22 PM

:rollin :lmao :rollin

RsxPiimp
03-15-2016, 06:59 PM
Lakers need a ton of stuff, but IMO, high character guys are a must. I know many Laker fans won't admit it, but what Kobe and Byron are doing is toxic especially for younger players. Yanking them around, making things a circus, building losing habits, making it all about one guy, etc.

nails it

i still think we're splitting hairs in terms of talent between ingram and simmons. ben garners attention for making teammates better, while simmons provides a platform for everyone around him to succeed. simmons is a unique player but that doesn't mean players like ingram grows on trees. i really like what i see from ingram, his attitude and fire is what a young core like the lakers need.

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 07:50 PM
nails it

i still think we're splitting hairs in terms of talent between ingram and simmons. ben garners attention for making teammates better, while simmons provides a platform for everyone around him to succeed. simmons is a unique player but that doesn't mean players like ingram grows on trees. i really like what i see from ingram, his attitude and fire is what a young core like the lakers need.

We will see. He has a top notch coach, thin bench and a a couple all-american running mates. If he is that dude he should show some flashes of brilliance because outside of Grayson ... he is the star of that duke team Show thatin the tourney and a real debate for the #1 pick begins just like last year when KAT took it from Oak.

RsxPiimp
03-15-2016, 07:59 PM
We will see. He has a top notch coach, thin bench and a a couple all-american running mates. If he is that dude he should show some flashes of brilliance because outside of Grayson ... he is the star of that duke team Show thatin the tourney and a real debate for the #1 pick begins just like last year when KAT took it from Oak.

Yeah man, it's usually a crap shoot. Before the 15' draft, Okafor was the consensus # 1 pick and he was destroying cats in NCAA while Towns, well, was averaging a measly 10 ppg 6 rpg :lol but we all know how special of a player Towns' is now.

I also wouldn't put too much stock on tournaments. Fizer, Cleaves, O'Bannon and Morrison :lol were destroying teams in Sweet 16. Like I said, I usually go with the BPA mantra but Ingram's offensive versatility is going to be really, really good for the current core. He also seems to be of high character but it could very well be just the impression of playing under Coach K's program.

Killakobe81
03-15-2016, 09:09 PM
Yeah man, it's usually a crap shoot. Before the 15' draft, Okafor was the consensus # 1 pick and he was destroying cats in NCAA while Towns, well, was averaging a measly 10 ppg 6 rpg :lol but we all know how special of a player Towns' is now.

I also wouldn't put too much stock on tournaments. Fizer, Cleaves, O'Bannon and Morrison :lol were destroying teams in Sweet 16. Like I said, I usually go with the BPA mantra but Ingram's offensive versatility is going to be really, really good for the current core. He also seems to be of high character but it could very well be just the impression of playing under Coach K's program.

Nah to me if you watched them down the stretch you could see what kat could do from the all around skillset. Sure oak put up bigger numbers but when they faced Wisconsin whi both teams faced kat was the more effective big. Badgers couldnt stop Kat but could stop oak which confitmed what i had already knew kat would be the better player.
As for the tourney of course you have non stars that shine ...but most of the stars in the nba that did go to college at least showed a glimpse of their future dominance. From Davis, to Kat, to Steph i aint asking for jim to drop 40. Even with Kat's modest numbers you could see his all around game if you know what to look for.