PDA

View Full Version : Here are a couple of good Kawhi articles

All Mighty Janitor
03-14-2016, 08:08 PM
http://uproxx.com/dimemag/kawhi-leonard-gregg-popvoch-sports-illustrated/

There are some good quotes from Pop and others in there.

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/kawhi-leonard-doesnt-care-superstardom/#xgXQHkOVvgmhyDWx.97

Here's the link for this one, but this is the important part:

“I just feel like the league is so based on scoring points,” said Leonard. “I could have done this last year, too, but you start averaging 20 points, everybody gets a big rise. But if you see how people affect the game (on both ends of the court) that’s what makes them an elite player.”
:claw

BillMc
03-14-2016, 08:09 PM
http://uproxx.com/dimemag/kawhi-leonard-gregg-popvoch-sports-illustrated/

There are some good quotes from Pop and other in there.

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/kawhi-leonard-doesnt-care-superstardom/#xgXQHkOVvgmhyDWx.97

Here's the link for this one but this is the important part:

“I just feel like the league is so based on scoring points,” said Leonard. “I could have done this last year, too, but you start averaging 20 points, everybody gets a big rise. But if you see how people affect the game (on both ends of the court) that’s what makes them an elite player.”
:claw

Many, many thanks AMJ. Wanted to read both these articles. :toast

BillMc
03-14-2016, 08:12 PM
Damn just realized that that link isn't to the SI article but they do quote it:

Like this:

“More than his length, his strength, his quickness, that mother‑‑‑‑‑‑ is so . . . locked . . . in…” JJ Redick said. “I have no idea what scouting report they give him, but he knows every play, and he takes no breaks.”

All Mighty Janitor
03-14-2016, 08:32 PM

Like this:

On to the Slam one. Thanks again.
Yeah, that's a great quote. I would have linked to the SI article instead, but I couldn't read it without subscribing. Apparently the SI article has got more stuff in it, but I don't know if there is a way to post it so everyone can see it. If anyone can post a readable link to the SI source article it would be much appreciated.

03-14-2016, 08:35 PM

Like this:
:wow how old is this quote

BillMc
03-14-2016, 08:37 PM
Yeah, that's a great quote. I would have linked to the SI article instead, but I couldn't read it without subscribing. Apparently the SI article has got more stuff in it, but I don't know if there is a way to post it so everyone can see it. If anyone can post a readable link to the SI source article it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.:toast

BillMc
03-14-2016, 08:38 PM

No idea. Either this season or last playoffs I'd guess.

All Mighty Janitor
03-14-2016, 08:45 PM
I don't know. The article was posted two days ago. Don't know if that helps at all.

barakz21
03-14-2016, 08:47 PM
Hell yeah! Thanks bud!

Kawhitstorm
03-14-2016, 09:13 PM
“More than his length, his strength, his quickness, that mother‑‑‑‑‑‑ is so . . . locked . . . in…” JJ Redick said. “I have no idea what scouting report they give him, but he knows every play, and he takes no breaks.”

ReDick/Chris Paul seem to pay a lot of attention to Danny/Kawhi/Porker which explains why they pick apart the defense.:lol

Thomas82
03-15-2016, 06:44 AM
Excellent articles!!

Ice009
03-15-2016, 07:54 AM

I got that from one of the links on one of those pages. Pretty humble of Pippen to say that, especially when I wouldn't have expected him to say it as Kawhi isn't quite there (yet?) in comparison to Pippen's play making and running the point. You guys think Kawhi can become the play maker Pippen was?

NASpurs
03-15-2016, 08:53 AM
Damn just realized that that link isn't to the SI article but they do quote it:Like this:
Here's the SI article. Has it been posted yet?

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/03/15/kawhi-leonard-spurs-tim-duncan-gregg-popovich-tony-parker-manu-ginobili?

BillMc
03-15-2016, 09:07 AM

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/03/15/kawhi-leonard-spurs-tim-duncan-gregg-popovich-tony-parker-manu-ginobili?

Not that I know of. Many thanks for posting this. I wanted to read it a long time :toast

(Or at least the week since it came out! :lol)

BillMc
03-15-2016, 09:33 AM
So many good things in this SI article. Just a few:

On the All-Star Game:
Just as Engelland forecast, Leonard earned an invitation to the three-point contest at All-Star weekend, last month, though he turned it down. The only event he attended was Sunday's game, in which he started for the Western Conference. "We got the win," he declared afterward, perhaps the only person who cared—and certainly the only one who defended.

On the Spurs giving a job to Kawhi's buddy:

his closest buddy is his high school guard, Jeremy Castleberry, now a member of the Spurs' video department.

On his hedonistic lifestyle:

In San Antonio he opted to live with his mom, his bedroom upstairs and hers down. They played Jenga at night over enchiladas.

On the similarities and differences with Timmy D:

"Kawhi Leonard," says San Antonio forward David West, "is Tim Duncan 2.0." It's a good line, but an oversimplification. Though both are allergic to attention, Duncan can be assertive and outspoken, just not at press conferences. He is a carnival barker compared to Leonard. The Spurs attempt to unlock their earnest leader with humor. Leonard laughs when Popovich trips over the edge of the court or when head trainer Will Sevening tells his customary joke on the team bus after road wins. Leonard dissects matchups with veteran Rasual Butler, and he recently crossed the dining room at Prime 112 in Miami to introduce himself to Terry Bradshaw. "Confidence," Duncan says, "is all that's left."

Man, looks like Rasual was doing all the little things with the young guys.:depressed

K...
03-15-2016, 09:39 AM
Kawhi is so much more interesting than Tim. Tim, is quiet, but his personality had been leaked. Tim had won at every stage of his career and pretty much knew he was alpha from day one. Kawhi still hasn't shown a personality, wasn't a huge prospect at sdsu, and isn't assured he'll ever be mvp.

Tim had most of his skills in college. We knew what we we're getting. Duncan didn't need to add new game.

Kawhi was an enigma in college. We still don't know what we're ultimately getting. Kawhi has and is adding new game.

Both guys like to play basketball. Duncan I think likes basketball, straight up.

Kawhi doesn't explicitly like basketball, but he needs it. It's like an addiction. I don't think many people can understand this.

KenziE
03-15-2016, 09:39 AM
Thanks NAS

Welcome to the Kawhian island the home of the humble superstar

All Mighty Janitor
03-15-2016, 10:05 AM

Thanks for posting the source article. I thought it was behind a pay wall. It's truly appreciated.
:bobo

SAGirl
03-15-2016, 10:30 AM
:claw nice article!

All Mighty Janitor
03-15-2016, 10:42 AM
Kawhi is so much more interesting than Tim. Tim, is quiet, but his personality had been leaked. Tim had won at every stage of his career and pretty much knew he was alpha from day one. Kawhi still hasn't shown a personality, wasn't a huge prospect at sdsu, and isn't assured he'll ever be mvp.

Tim had most of his skills in college. We knew what we we're getting. Duncan didn't need to add new game.

Kawhi was an enigma in college. We still don't know what we're ultimately getting. Kawhi has and is adding new game.

Both guys like to play basketball. Duncan I think likes basketball, straight up.

Kawhi doesn't explicitly like basketball, but he needs it. It's like an addiction. I don't think many people can understand this.

This is what I think: Duncan likes basketball for the competition. Kawhi likes it, because it's something he consume himself with; something he can become. They could both be doing other things and be pretty fulfilled, but professional sports ain't just any' ol competition which is probably why Duncan was drawn to it. And for Kawhi, sports is very encompassing in the experience; there is so much do when practicing or training and so many things to keep track of when playing that you just lose yourself in the endeavor. It seems even worse(better) for Kawhi, because its like he trying to become perfect (like Kobe I guess). It really is like an addiction. But let me get off my armchair :lol.

Baseline21
03-15-2016, 10:51 AM
Good article. I didn't know that Kawhi was invited to the 3pt contest but turned it down. That's pretty cool that he was invited.

YGWHI
03-15-2016, 05:19 PM
Thanks for posting! :toast

Slam article:
“I still think there’s a lot that you haven’t yet seen that I can do.”

Can't wait...:claw