PDA

View Full Version : WTF? A license to tailgate?

SequSpur
09-26-2005, 10:33 PM
If you like to fire up the grill and love football the New Orleans saints invite you to a Texas sized tail gate party you don't want to miss on Sunday. Parking lots B & C will be the designated spots for fans, and like any huge event there are some rules.. No tents, canopies, stages,or glass containers will be allowed in the parking lots. We've also learned tailgating permits can only be purchased in-person from the Alamodome box office for $20.

:rolleyes

SequSpur
09-26-2005, 11:09 PM
So nobody is upset that you have to pay an additional 20 georges to tailgate in the alamodome parking lot?

Kori Ellis
09-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Do you think a security guard will be going around asking for permits?

If you don't have one, will they throw water on your BBQ?

How do you think it works .. $20 for each car? That's a lot of money.

SpursFanDan
09-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Who gives a shit

SequSpur
09-26-2005, 11:40 PM
Exactly... Where are the tailgate police?

Lets just piss off San Antonio even more.

SpursFanDan
09-26-2005, 11:43 PM
So, 15,000 tickets left... Looks like the commish was right....we suck

SequSpur
09-26-2005, 11:46 PM
The craze is gone.

Thanks to Tagliabue and Glitches with Ticketmaster.

Kori Ellis
09-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Those tickets are the ones that were just released a few days ago from season ticket holders.

I don't the Bills game will sell out, but the one of the other two likely will.

MannyIsGod
09-26-2005, 11:48 PM
This city was never going to sell out every game. After the intial rush, everyone came back down to earth.

SequSpur
09-26-2005, 11:54 PM
What pisses me off is the fact that I never believed they were going to move here, I was just fucking happy to get an NFL game.

Then Don Harris and the other sports station start some bullshit crap about how Tagliabue says San Antonio is a step down, or flat move and the NFL is not going to do that.

Big fucking deal. The Saints are displaced because of a damn natural disaster. I am going to support them and the NFL and I could give a crap whether or not they move here.

Do I want an NFL team here? Hell yeah.. But I am not going to be pissed if they don't stay.

I don't expect it at all.

ZStomp
09-27-2005, 12:03 AM
What pisses me off is the fact that I never believed they were going to move here, I was just fucking happy to get an NFL game.

Then Don Harris and the other sports station start some bullshit crap about how Tagliabue says San Antonio is a step down, or flat move and the NFL is not going to do that.

Big fucking deal. The Saints are displaced because of a damn natural disaster. I am going to support them and the NFL and I could give a crap whether or not they move here.

Do I want an NFL team here? Hell yeah.. But I am not going to be pissed if they don't stay.

I don't expect it at all.

Wow.

I actually agree with what CQ has to say here. Good job!

Vashner
09-27-2005, 12:16 AM
LOl 20 bucks.. and yea I am sure they won't let you pull your car into the lot without the permit.

ZStomp
09-27-2005, 01:03 AM
LOl 20 bucks.. and yea I am sure they won't let you pull your car into the lot without the permit.

$20 plus $10 to park at the dome. Booo

MannyIsGod
09-27-2005, 01:05 AM
Yeah, that is pretty much bullshit. If I go to a game, we'll just tailgate at home and then take a cab to the game. It's only a couple of miles away.

bigzak25
09-27-2005, 01:47 AM
So nobody is upset that you have to pay an additional 20 georges to tailgate in the alamodome parking lot?

okay sequ, i want to feel your pain, but bro, you drive a brand new audi and you golf.

care to tell me, us, why you give a shit about 20 bux?

i know, i know, it's the principal. on that point, i agree. They should make these games that our city is Blessed to have the cheapest, most fun, experiences the city has ever had. yet another asshole that sees a way to milk the public of more funds in charge somewhere...

Hardberger should say fuck that, no license required for these games...we'll talk about it again when the city gets an nfl franchise for keeps...

and how much are the game tickets going for?

if they are high priced, that's yet ANOTHER FUCK UP by the powers that be, but i'll hold my finger pointing til i know the prices...

maxpower
09-27-2005, 02:04 AM
As I understood from a radio interview, the tailgating permit was also your parking permit, maybe I misheard or misinterpreted. God knows Sequ would never overexagerate and/or jump to conclusions. Also heard a caller on vex/wally show say that is the same amount they charge at Cowboys game and another caller state the Texans charge $30.

Is the sky falling?

Kori Ellis
09-27-2005, 02:06 AM
and how much are the game tickets going for?

if they are high priced, that's yet ANOTHER FUCK UP by the powers that be, but i'll hold my finger pointing til i know the prices...

Cheapest tickets are $30. Very reasonable.

bigzak25
09-27-2005, 02:08 AM
hmm...30 is reasonable for an average family with an average income,

but if they want to sell out, the upper deck seats should be going for 10 bux a pop right now....imo. :tu

Kori Ellis
09-27-2005, 02:09 AM
hmm...30 is reasonable for an average family with an average income,

but if they want to sell out, the upper deck seats should be going for 10 bux a pop right now....imo. :tu

That would be ridiculous.

There's no point of trying to sell out at a cheap rate. That doesn't prove the city would be supporting the team. $30 is very reasonable for a ticket to an NFL game. It's not the NBA where there is 82 games a year.

AFE7FATMAN
09-27-2005, 02:11 AM
Why hasn't HEB, the bbb, or some organization stepped up, bought the remaining tickets and donated them to the people in the shelters. I can rember when SPURS Tickets were $5.00 for the nosebleed seats.

Kori Ellis
09-27-2005, 02:13 AM
Spurs tickets are $9 for the cheapest ones (without being on special). But there's 82 games in the NBA season.
There's 16 games in the NFL.

ZStomp
09-27-2005, 02:15 AM
Spurs tickets are $9 for the cheapest ones (without being on special). But there's 82 games in the NBA season.
There's 16 games in the NFL.

I think he meant at the Alamodome..since the game is at the Dome

Kori Ellis
09-27-2005, 02:16 AM
It doesn't matter where (or the exact amount).

I'm saying that NFL prices are no where close to NBA prices because the NBA season is much longer.

If they made the Saints tickets $5 and sold out the Dome, what would that prove?

ZStomp
09-27-2005, 02:18 AM
Hey..hey..don't shoot the messe...translator. :lol

bigzak25
09-27-2005, 02:18 AM
That would be ridiculous.

There's no point of trying to sell out at a cheap rate. That doesn't prove the city would be supporting the team. $30 is very reasonable for a ticket to an NFL game. It's not the NBA where there is 82 games a year.

well, i see your point K, but here, visual is everything...

how about we meet halfway...i say $20 bux for the nosebleeds...:tu

it's not like they won't make money off of parking and concessions....

Kori Ellis
09-27-2005, 02:21 AM
I don't see the point of lowering prices below normal NFL prices.

If the point is that San Antonio is trying to show that they have enough interest in NFL football, then they have to sell tickets. In an NFL season, they'd have to be able to sell tickets to 8 home games.

At this point, they haven't even shown that they have enough interest in one Saints game. The fact that 40,000 tickets are available to the game on Dec 24 is embarrassing.

ZStomp
09-27-2005, 02:24 AM
I don't see the point of lowering prices below normal NFL prices.

If the point is that San Antonio is trying to show that they have enough interest in NFL football, then they have to sell tickets. In an NFL season, they'd have to be able to sell tickets to 8 home games.

At this point, they haven't even shown that they have enough interest in one Saints game. The fact that 40,000 tickets are available to the game on Dec 24 is embarrassing.

:wow

40,000!!

:depressed

Kori Ellis
09-27-2005, 02:26 AM
Well that was as of last week ...

But the Bills and the Detroit Lions, who play the Saints on Dec.24, lack a marquee player such as Vick. As of Tuesday, approximately 40,000 tickets remained for the Detroit game.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/football/nfl/stories/MYSA092405.1C.FBNsaints.bills.224de5b5.html

ZStomp
09-27-2005, 02:28 AM
Make that 40,001 because I'm selling mine!

:lol

J/k

TheWriter
09-27-2005, 02:29 AM
Question: How is LSU/The Red Stick doing with their ticket sells?

Kori Ellis
09-27-2005, 02:33 AM
'One shot' for S.A.'s grab at NFL glory
There's more on the line than just the game in Sunday's matchup.

Web Posted: 09/27/2005 12:37 AM CDT

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA092705.01A.NFL_Saints.ce66729.html

David King
Express-News Staff Writer

The Alamodome has been the site for dozens of football games, from high school championships, to Canadian Football League duels, to college clashes in the Alamo Bowl. Now comes football's kingfish — the NFL.

The dream of meaningful NFL competition in the Alamodome is set to become reality at noon Sunday when the New Orleans Saints, uprooted by Hurricane Katrina, battle the Buffalo Bills in the first regular-season NFL game in San Antonio history.

"This will be the ticket of the year," City Councilman Chip Haass said Monday. "This could be the ticket of a generation. This may be the one shot we get."

Even Saints officials, emotionally sapped by the events of the past four weeks, are happily pushing the ticket bandwagon.

"This is our first real home game, and we want to have fans out there cheering for us," said Conrad "Connie" Kowal, the Saints' marketing director. "We're expecting to have fans on our side."

Fans can only hope that the game proves as dramatic as the ticket-sales campaign mounted by the Saints and city leaders. On Monday, 15,590 tickets remained, leaving prospects for a sellout in doubt. Unless all the seats in the Alamodome, which seats 65,000, are claimed by noon on Thursday, the game will be blacked out on local television.

And the hopes of city leaders for a sellout sweep of three Saints games booked for the Alamodome would be dashed if seats stay empty on Sunday.

Saints officials continued their pitch on Monday with another ticket alert emphasizing the availability of choice seats.

The Saints will return to the Alamodome for games on Oct. 16 against the Atlanta Falcons, and on Dec. 24 against the Detroit Lions. The team has been headquartered here since Sept. 1, four days after Katrina left most of New Orleans flooded and uninhabitable.

Four other Saints home games have been scheduled for Tiger Stadium on the Louisiana State University campus in Baton Rouge.

The Saints-Falcons game on Oct. 16 is close to a sellout with only about 5,000 tickets remaining. About 40,000 tickets remain for the Christmas Eve game against Detroit.

Local business leaders have rallied to back the Saints with block-ticket purchases and other gestures of support. H-E-B officials announced on Monday plans to sponsor tailgate parties in the Alamodome parking lot before each of the three games. Sunset Station also announced game-day events.

Fewer than 2,000 Alamodome parking passes, priced at $20, go on sale today at 10 a.m. at the dome box office. Fans will be able to pick up everything else they need at the dome, too. The Black and Gold Shop, vendors of licensed Saints merchandise, will be open during business hours this week and before Sunday's game.

The city's experience with the NFL dates to the 1950s — but only for preseason games, the last one more than four years ago.

City leaders regard the three Saints games in the Alamodome as a rare opportunity for the Alamo City, previously rebuffed by the NFL as a candidate for team relocation or expansion. Just last week NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue lumped San Antonio with markets he considers too "small" to support an NFL team.

Strong support for the Saints, local leaders believe, could transform the city's worth in the eyes of the NFL — and possibly lead to the permanent relocation of the Saints here.

The Alamodome already has become the Saints' center of operations. The organization's corporate offices are housed in ground-floor meeting rooms. The team is conducting some workouts and news conferences there.

"We've used it for a lot of football games," Alamodome director Mike Abington said. "But using it for a Saints game is a completely different thing. There's an awful lot of outside things to consider for an NFL game."

Security, for one. The NFL requires thorough searches of everyone coming through the gates — which is why parking lots will open at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday and stadium gates open at 10 a.m., two hours before kickoff.

"People need to understand that they can't show up 15 minutes before game time and expect to walk right in," Jim Mery, the Alamodome's operations manager, said. "They're going to have to get here early."

Both the Saints and the Bills are 1-2 this season and both are coming off disappointing losses. The Saints were blown out by the Minnesota Vikings, 33-16, on Sunday. The Bills fell to the Falcons, 24-16.

After Sunday's game, Saints players said they were looking forward to a home game, even at a temporary home.

"We are going to come back strong," Saints quarterback Aaron Brooks said. "We are going to come back and do the best job we can and put ourselves in a better situation."

While local leaders gush over the opportunity for the city to show its NFL credentials, others are skeptical about what it may mean later.

"To consider this as a test for San Antonio is extremely unfair," Howard Bloom, publisher of the Sports Business News online journal, said. "You can't point to three games, with limited marketing, and say 'This is your last chance.'"

Bloom said the NFL's emergency plans for the Saints' season were poorly conceived, from the team's "home" opener against the New York Giants in New Jersey eight days ago to the home-schedule split that allotted four games to Baton Rouge.

"They're basically playing three home games this year," Bloom said. "Those four games at LSU are just like road games, since they're traveling and staying in hotels."

bigzak25
09-27-2005, 04:20 AM
you keep the prices low to start. put the asses in the seats.

this is a lower cost of living city. Benson should know he has to adjust.

he'll make all his money back with his lux suites and on concessions...

right now? it's all about buildng a fan base...20 bux a seat can do that....

a winning product on the field can keep the fan base, and once it's all settled...

he can raise ticket prices a lil bit...:tu

Kori Ellis
09-27-2005, 04:40 AM
New Orleans isn't exactly a high income city in itself. And the cost of the tickets for these games in San Antonio are already lower than the cost of tickets were in N.O.

Right now it's really not about building a fan base. The Saints are not on the verge of moving here.

And if the ticket sales of these 3 games are any indicator of the future, no one should ever want to bring an NFL team to S.A.

bigzak25
09-27-2005, 04:57 AM
so i think we are just on the opposite sides of the fence...

i'm still rooting for an SA NFL team, and figuring ways to get it done,

whereas I feel you have seen the admittedly, slow, and yeah, a bit pathetic ticket sales and decided this city does not deserve one...

touche. agree to disagree.

I will feel that whoever sets the prices, and now is adding a 'tailgate' liscense fee was paid off to sabotage this thing by higher ups though...and to sabotage it in a way to point the finger at the people of San Antonio...and i'm sure some are waiting for the 1st of the month, as Benson also has to realize, many people live check to check here in our city...where are the promotions? he's just dropping his team off and saying show me the money? he needs to help to get it all started too....

and admittedly, i dunno which tickets are the ones that are NOT sold yet...but as i've said in earlier posts, and as someone mentioned already, where are the companies, the SA companies with the cash to help sellout our Dome...this has to be a team effort, and everyone has to go up to bat....

Kori Ellis
09-27-2005, 05:03 AM
whereas I feel you have seen the admittedly, slow, and yeah, a bit pathetic ticket sales and decided this city does not deserve one...

No, that's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that Los Angeles and other cities are up for consideration for a team before San Antonio. Tagliabue made it pretty clear that they have no intention of putting a team in a relatively small market city.

So right now, Benson, the Saints and the NFL don't have to prove anything to the city of San Antonio by lowering ticket prices and twisting people's arms to get them into the seats.

The city of S.A. should be the ones trying to prove something to the Saints and the NFL, not the other way around.

I will feel that whoever sets the prices, and now is adding a 'tailgate' liscense fee was paid off to sabotage this thing by higher ups though...and to sabotage it in a way to point the finger at the people of San Antonio

Nice conspiracy theory.

As far as the "tailgaiting fee" - that's pretty much B.S. There's 2,000 parking passes available for $20 each and I believe that includes the tailgating license fee (or maybe it's $30 including the parking/license fee but I'm pretty sure it's $20 total). That's how it is in every other NFL city too -- with most of them charging around $40.

No one is being cheated here.

spurschick
09-27-2005, 06:48 AM
From what I understand, $20 is the low end price of what other NFL arenas charge. Reliant Stadium charges $30. Isn't there usually more than one person in each car? Wouldn't everyone in the car chip in for the $20?

MannyIsGod
09-27-2005, 06:58 AM
San Antonio is simply not ready for an NFL franchise. It doesn't get much clearer.

maxpower
09-27-2005, 07:01 AM
Wow. I love how people love to argue out of their asses. One chicken little fear and you get many believing it is gospel. Listen to the radio, they have the alamodome officials, city officials and people in the know then make an argument. Don't listen to some dipshit who misinterprets what he reads and jumps to conclusions.

Again...the $20 tailgate fee is for the limited spaces allotted specifically for tailgating. IF you want to bitch, bitch about there being a limit of spaces for tailgating(although I am guessing it would have to do with a safety issue). Again, the nearest NFL teams, Dallas and Houston require a tailgating permit which costs $20 and $30 respectively.

If what Kori said is correct about these new tickets being released recently from the season holder pool is true, I can see how the general public would have no idea they were available. As it is, many people were under the impression the tickets sold out in the initial run. I know they have run crawlers during the Sunday games but that did not seem enough. They should have explained where these tickets came from. First of all, potential buyers would know these tickets were once saved for season ticket holders and understand why they were not available when tickets first went on sale and secondly they would know these are good seats.

I wonder how many tickets local corporations have bought. I am under the impression that in most professional cities, corporations are huge ticket buyers. ..even to the point of coming in at the last minute to buy up tickets to avoid the local blackout.
I hope USAA, SBC, Clear Channel, Valero etc have bought huge blocks. I don't listen to radio much but I have not heard radio stations jumping onto the football bandwagon and giving away tickets . I remember back(prechampionship days) when HOT KTFM would give away Spurs Tickets ad nauseam.

ididnotnothat
09-27-2005, 07:33 AM
San Antonio is simply not ready for an NFL franchise. It doesn't get much clearer.

I agree. SA simply cannot support an NFL franchise. Period.

Taco
09-27-2005, 07:42 AM
We've also learned tailgating permits can only be purchased in-person from the Alamodome box office for $20.:rolleyes

Anything to make $$$

ZStomp
09-27-2005, 08:14 AM
Do other NFL teams sell 'tailgate permits'?

batman2883
09-27-2005, 08:17 AM
Man thats a big price to bbq your own food?? for that 20 dollars you can get 2 buffets at the golden coral...

Clandestino
09-27-2005, 08:30 AM
i think the tickets stopped selling once tagliabue said, "sa, you will never have an nfl team!"

blackbucket
09-27-2005, 08:55 AM
I agree. SA simply cannot support an NFL franchise. Period.

I don't. This is NOT our team and that makes all the difference in the world. This is also NOT a test. Tags indicated that by his comments.

MannyIsGod
09-27-2005, 09:00 AM
How can you say this is not a test? Of course it is not a flat out test, but it will be what makes or breaks San Antonio having a shot at a franchise at any point in the near future.

You know, we can make all the excuses we want, but the fact is San Antonio is not selling the seats. I suppose there is still hope for the sellout to happen, but at this point and time it is looking very unlikely.

First it was because SA didn't want to go to preseason. Now it is because it isn't our team. At one point, you just have to stop the excuses and man up.

Clandestino
09-27-2005, 09:02 AM
i don't believe sa would even come close to selling out 65,000 seats for 8 home games. the spurs don't even sell out their games and sa loves them.. even when the spurs give away, 4 hot dogs, 4 ice creams, and 4 blow jobs for .99.. they don't sell out..

Clandestino
09-27-2005, 09:03 AM
even the first few spurs playoff games weren't sold out.. technically they were sell out, but there were huge chunks of empty seats up top.

batman2883
09-27-2005, 09:04 AM
Thats right Manny people need to man the fuck up and show the damn NFL they aint shit, if we could sell out every damn movie theater for 2 days straight for Star Wars Episode III then we can sell out the damn dome

Slomo
09-27-2005, 09:13 AM
Do you think a security guard will be going around asking for permits?

If you don't have one, will they throw water on your BBQ?

How do you think it works .. $20 for each car? That's a lot of money.
That would be funny though - and a great way to start a major fight. :lol

batman2883
09-27-2005, 09:14 AM
That would be funny though - and a great way to start a major fight. :lol

ha ha ha yeah you definitly got a point, someone throws water on my pit, im swinging, im not afriad to pop a cop in the face let alone security

Spam
09-27-2005, 10:12 AM
ha ha ha yeah you definitly got a point, someone throws water on my pit, im swinging, im not afriad to pop a cop in the face let alone security

Me either.
Sincerely,
Rodney King

tlongII
09-27-2005, 01:52 PM
San Antonio looks rather weak in light of these reported tickets sales figures. If they played these games in Portland I guarantee they would sell out all of them. too bad we don't have a stadium...

Kori Ellis
09-27-2005, 03:51 PM
By the way, the $20 parking pass = the $20 tailgating fee. It's not extra money to tailgate.

There's 2,000 passes available and they went on sale today I believe at the box office.

batman2883
09-27-2005, 03:55 PM
By the way, the $20 parking pass = the $20 tailgating fee. It's not extra money to tailgate.

There's 2,000 passes available and they went on sale today I believe at the box office.

can i still punch a cop or a security guard?

Kori Ellis
09-27-2005, 03:56 PM
can i still punch a cop or a security guard?

Sure -- but you'll need to pay the $1500 Assaulting A Police Officer Fee.

batman2883
09-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Sure -- but you'll need to pay the $1500 Assaulting A Police Officer Fee.

thats all it is??? damn great any cops offend me im swinging Truthy hopefully will have my back

rr2418
09-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Thats right Manny people need to man the fuck up and show the damn NFL they aint shit, if we could sell out every damn movie theater for 2 days straight for Star Wars Episode III then we can sell out the damn dome

What we have here, is the 'ol apples and oranges situation. On one hand, you have a worldwide event everyone has been waiting for, on the other hand, you have th.......sigh......the Saints. APPLE and ORANGES!!

Vashner
09-27-2005, 04:50 PM
Does that include all night benders in the parking lot? Can't drive drunk now can we?

rr2418
09-27-2005, 04:51 PM
So, 15,000 tickets left... Looks like the commish was right....we suck

THEN THE SAINTS AREN'T COMING!! :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

maxpower
09-27-2005, 06:07 PM

Wow. It took a whole day for what was said on the first page to actually be acknowledged. Do people read the thread? Before kori posted this, it was posted twice, yet people keep asking the same question.

tw05baller
09-27-2005, 07:57 PM
i don't believe sa would even come close to selling out 65,000 seats for 8 home games. the spurs don't even sell out their games and sa loves them.. even when the spurs give away, 4 hot dogs, 4 ice creams, and 4 blow jobs for .99.. they don't sell out..

:lmao :lmao

Kori Ellis
09-27-2005, 08:00 PM
Wow. It took a whole day for what was said on the first page to actually be acknowledged. Do people read the thread? Before kori posted this, it was posted twice, yet people keep asking the same question.

I know. You said it yesterday. Then I said it last night. Then again. I'm not sure what all the hoopla posts were about today.

scott
09-27-2005, 10:11 PM
I keep hearing/reading that the Falcons game is almost sold out... but the same situation exists as did with this game. 10 Days before the game, the Saints will then release the tickets of season ticket holders who did not claim tickets at the Dome.

ZStomp
09-27-2005, 10:46 PM
I'll enjoy these 3 games for now.

I still have the Cowboys!

Kori Ellis
09-27-2005, 10:58 PM
I keep hearing/reading that the Falcons game is almost sold out... but the same situation exists as did with this game. 10 Days before the game, the Saints will then release the tickets of season ticket holders who did not claim tickets at the Dome.

Scott, I understand that the season ticket holders seats have already been released for both the Bills and the Falcons games. And that now there's under 15,000 seats available for the Bills and 5,500 for the Falcons.

Kori Ellis
09-27-2005, 11:06 PM
An update posted by King Manu in another thread...

Tom Benson and San Antonio company KB homes bought up 8000 tickets tuesday morning(today). The New Orleans news station announced the story. So now 7,000 tickets are left for sell against the bills.

scott
09-28-2005, 07:40 AM
Scott, I understand that the season ticket holders seats have already been released for both the Bills and the Falcons games. And that now there's under 15,000 seats available for the Bills and 5,500 for the Falcons.

That would be inconsistent with the rules the Saints laid out to season ticket holders that they have up to 10 days before the game to inform the Saints of whether or not they will attend.

bigzak25
09-28-2005, 02:09 PM
No, that's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that Los Angeles and other cities are up for consideration for a team before San Antonio. Tagliabue made it pretty clear that they have no intention of putting a team in a relatively small market city.

So right now, Benson, the Saints and the NFL don't have to prove anything to the city of San Antonio by lowering ticket prices and twisting people's arms to get them into the seats.

The city of S.A. should be the ones trying to prove something to the Saints and the NFL, not the other way around.

Nice conspiracy theory.

As far as the "tailgaiting fee" - that's pretty much B.S. There's 2,000 parking passes available for $20 each and I believe that includes the tailgating license fee (or maybe it's $30 including the parking/license fee but I'm pretty sure it's $20 total). That's how it is in every other NFL city too -- with most of them charging around $40.

No one is being cheated here.

Obviously the NFL AND Benson are gonna chase the cash.

The question here is simple. DOES Tom Benson WANT his FRANCHISE in SAN ANTONIO. If YES, the he will do what it takes. IF NO, then this is all a dog and pony show to appease the SA peeps and keep his car businesses in good graces.

The city DOES have to PROVE that they can Support an NFL FRANCHISE. But the City is not made up of just the people. As said before, and come to find out, they have FINALLY stepped up, Local Corporations are pitching in. Where are our Spurs? They could help get this done...

Ticket sales are very very important, but take a step back and look at the game...

It's the fuckin bills? who gives a fuck about the bills? And yeah, we'll support the saints, but dayum, you NEED TO BUILD A FAN BASE FIRST!

I keep hearing/reading that the Falcons game is almost sold out...

That's why, as many have pointed out, The ATL game is almost SOLD OUT...WHY? MIKE VICK AND CO. People know what they want to see, and what they want to pay to see...the people responsible for MARKETING this 1st game SUCK! THEY have dropped the ball. Tim Duncan or Manu Ginobili should be there for the intro to thank all the SA Peeps for coming out and helping to get our city an NFL Franchise...after all the City has done for our Spurs, THEY should be there as well...they'd have a partner with an NFL Franchise...they could accomplish things only dreamt of before....

i hate all the people's viewpoints that are giving up before the 1st fuckin kickoff...dayum, i hope you people are never in city politics...never in marketing, never in anything where the road is tough....cuz you'll just throw up your hands and say fuck it, it ain't happening....Grow a Pair!

At one point, you just have to stop the excuses and man up.

I AGREE with this statement wholeheartedly, but remember that the PEOPLE IN POWER, THE NFL, TOM BENSON, HARDBERGER, SA CORPORATIONS, ETC, are INCLUDED...They need to stop making excuses and MAN UP! :tu

tlongII
09-28-2005, 02:19 PM
Zak,

Man up and buy some tickets.

bigzak25
09-28-2005, 02:26 PM
great point tlong. I will look online and buy a pair for my pops. :tu