PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard's Religion?

UNT Eagles 2016
03-15-2016, 12:48 AM
So we know that Danny Green is devout, LMA is a fairly moderate but sure Christian, and the big 3 are agnostic to borderline atheist. But what about Leonard?? I haven't heard anything so far. Wondering...

spurraider21
03-15-2016, 12:54 AM
hopefully muslim

AFMadison
03-15-2016, 12:54 AM
Christian. He has a favorite bible verse.

BatManu20
03-15-2016, 12:57 AM
Heard he's Satanic tbh. Worships the devil.

BatManu20
03-15-2016, 12:58 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/546052118809808896/r4_nn8U8.jpeg

SPURt
03-15-2016, 01:01 AM
You may be surprised to learn he is a Mormon. The only success Jimmer had in San Antonio was to convert Kawhi.

JohnnyMax
03-15-2016, 01:27 AM
http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/42/27/06/9007495/9/1024x1024.jpg

spurtech09
03-15-2016, 01:32 AM
Well he does have a tatt of a cross .....Pretty sure he is Christian or Catholic ......

spurtech09
03-15-2016, 01:33 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/546052118809808896/r4_nn8U8.jpeg-1000

spurtech09
03-15-2016, 01:36 AM
Christian. He has a favorite bible verse.What bible verse?

AFMadison
03-15-2016, 01:47 AM
What bible verse?
Um don't know exactly, I know it was in the book of Job but can't remember the exact part. You know, the man who loses everything but keeps his faith. Kawhi even said something about having that Verse of the Day app on his phone..

barakz21
03-15-2016, 01:50 AM
Um don't know exactly, I know it was in the book of Job but can't remember the exact part. You know, the man who loses everything but keeps his faith. Kawhi even said something about having that Verse of the Day app on his phone..

Yeah, I remember seeing an interview with Kawhi's family, namely his mom and grandmother, and they did mention something about gospels and stuff, so I would say he's Christian. This was like days after they won 5 and he got FMVP.

spurtech09
03-15-2016, 01:53 AM
Um don't know exactly, I know it was in the book of Job but can't remember the exact part. You know, the man who loses everything but keeps his faith. Kawhi even said something about having that Verse of the Day app on his phone..Cool.....

spurtech09
03-15-2016, 01:56 AM
Good to see a true believer in Christ :) King of Kings...Lords of Lords

spurtech09
03-15-2016, 01:58 AM
Yeah, I remember seeing an interview with Kawhi's family, namely his mom and grandmother, and they did mention something about gospels and stuff, so I would say he's Christian. This was like days after they won 5 and he got FMVP.
+1000

BatManu20
03-15-2016, 02:05 AM
Christian. He has a favorite bible verse.

What bible verse?

Ezekiel 23:19-20

gambit1990
03-15-2016, 02:06 AM
he's a "believer". a lot of people have that stupid shit ingrained with them as a child though. most people actually.

AFMadison
03-15-2016, 02:11 AM
Manu I'm pretty sure is an atheist, I think I remember him telling a fan or someone who just randomly asked. Boris is probably a pantheist.

http://nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/duncan.gif

Duncan is definitely agnostic

hooperflash
03-15-2016, 02:14 AM
Manu I'm pretty sure is an atheist.

Sneaky God is sneaky, living among us portraying himself as an athiest. :lol

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/cb/01/78/cb017806ace9e294c2b775fcee7b85e5.jpg

AFMadison
03-15-2016, 02:17 AM
Sneaky God is sneaky, living among us portraying himself as an athiest. :lol
"You're sitting on my aura"

mando6599
03-15-2016, 02:20 AM
Good to see a true believer in Christ :) King of Kings...Lords of Lords

Amen!

I absolutely LOVED the Admiral and his Godly influence when he was playing. I pray for more athletes such as DRob, Jeff Gordon, and Tim Tebow to help reach others for Christ in such a turbulent and dark world.

BatManu20
03-15-2016, 02:50 AM
Manu I'm pretty sure is an atheist, I think I remember him telling a fan or someone who just randomly asked. Boris is probably a pantheist.

Manu admitted that he was an Atheist during a Reddit Q&A session to a fan who had asked him if he was religious.

AFMadison
03-15-2016, 03:01 AM
Manu admitted that he was an Atheist during a Reddit Q&A session to a fan who had asked him if he was religious.
:bobo

gambit1990
03-15-2016, 03:25 AM
Amen!

I absolutely LOVED the Admiral and his Godly influence when he was playing. I pray for more athletes such as DRob, Jeff Gordon, and Tim Tebow to help reach others for Christ in such a turbulent and dark world.
:lmao right, athletes are gonna be the ones to help in such a turbulent and dark world. let me guess, you're a ted cruz voter?

ceperez
03-15-2016, 03:26 AM
So we know that Danny Green is devout, LMA is a fairly moderate but sure Christian, and the big 3 are agnostic to borderline atheist. But what about Leonard?? I haven't heard anything so far. Wondering...

Let's all hope that he doesn't have the same bigoted religion that you subscribe to.

100%duncan
03-15-2016, 03:35 AM

wtf? :lmao

AFMadison
03-15-2016, 03:38 AM
wtf? :lmao
Duncan just "doesn't know" :lmao

DenialTwist
03-15-2016, 04:22 AM
When Jabari Young interviewed his family after the 2014 Finals, his mom said he was a Christian.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-15-2016, 05:28 AM

Yep. And Parker is the most left wing guy on the team and French, so probably atheist or agnostic as well. Never heard a peep about God from Popovich, either.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-15-2016, 05:29 AM
Let's all hope that he doesn't have the same bigoted religion that you subscribe to.

Not bigoted, just homophobic. Other than that... i've dated just about every race you can think of except east asian (too skinny for my taste).

Mal
03-15-2016, 05:35 AM
hopefully muslim

hopefully everything else

benefactor
03-15-2016, 05:42 AM
Ezekiel 23:19-20
Dammit...you beat me to it.:lol

BillMc
03-15-2016, 05:43 AM
http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/42/27/06/9007495/9/1024x1024.jpg

I have a hard time believing OP never noticed the big cross tattoo on Kawhi's shoulder/upper arm. Either he's really asking what denomination of Christianity is Kawhi, or he's trolling.

benefactor
03-15-2016, 05:49 AM
But seriously, who gives a shit. I personally think religion is pointless, but I guess it's ok as long as it keeps you a from being a piece of shit instead of turning you into one. Seems like lately the latter has shown up more lately because 'Murica has a huge group of cocksuckers that enjoy mixing religion with government/politics. Would be a lot easier to coexist with religious people if they'd leave people the fuck alone and tend to their own affairs.

JR3
03-15-2016, 06:42 AM
But seriously, who gives a shit. I personally think religion is pointless, but I guess it's ok as long as it keeps you a from being a piece of shit instead of turning you into one. Seems like lately the latter has shown up more lately because 'Murica has a huge group of cocksuckers that enjoy mixing religion with government/politics. Would be a lot easier to coexist with religious people if they'd leave people the fuck alone and tend to their own affairs.

I don't normally go here but are you offended? Bonner has a favorite sandwich and we talk about it. Religion gets mentioned and here come the religion bashers...I personally can appreciate when a Spur is a Christian. Sounds like you would like to be left alone by religious people but you won't leave religious people alone when they are just curious about their favorite player's religion? Interesting.

mookie2001
03-15-2016, 06:46 AM
Pretty sure Kawhi is on the DL, so no not too religious

cutewizard
03-15-2016, 06:57 AM
Thelemic Gnosticism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

benefactor
03-15-2016, 06:58 AM
I don't normally go here but are you offended? Bonner has a favorite sandwich and we talk about it. Religion gets mentioned and here come the religion bashers...I personally can appreciate when a Spur is a Christian. Sounds like you would like to be left alone by religious people but you won't leave religious people alone when they are just curious about their favorite player's religion? Interesting.
Why do you care? You think it gives you some type of connection to him?:lol He likely still wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

Did I say I was offended? Actually, I gave you the benefit of the doubt when I said I had no problem with religious people who weren't assholes and you still got all defensive and called me a religion basher. Jesus, you fucking Christians are all the same. I tried to extend a bit of an olive branch and you still got all asshurt.

cutewizard
03-15-2016, 07:08 AM
religion??? hahahaha

the topic is religion, where i am an expert, hmmmm, lets see

cutewizard
03-15-2016, 07:09 AM
does the real God care about what we are doing, what the satanic illuminati are doing??

most likely not

God, the real god, does not care....HE HAS EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL!

cutewizard
03-15-2016, 07:14 AM
is the bible the word of God???

let us examine this......

EVERYTHING IN THE COSMOS PROCEEDS FROM THE INFINITE!

(BASICALLY EVERYTHING IS THE WORD OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) ========== a staggering insight of pure genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the artworks of leonardo da vinci is the word of God!

the drives of Manu is the word of God!

the writings of Steven Erikson is the word of God!

the programs of Linux is the word of God!

the moves of Michael Jordan is the word of God!

the semen of Mayweather is the word of God!

the orgasms of Hilary Clinton is the word of God!

the haiku poems of Matsuo Basho is the word of God!

the writings of the spurstalk fans is the word of God!!!!!!!!!

so everytime i hear and listen to some ignorant **** telling the bible is the word of God, what the fuck???? self-centered idiots galore....

JR3
03-15-2016, 07:18 AM
Why do you care? You think it gives you some type of connection to him?:lol He likely still wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

Did I say I was offended? Actually, I gave you the benefit of the doubt when I said I had no problem with religious people who weren't assholes and you still got all defensive and called me a religion basher. Jesus, you fucking Christians are all the same. I tried to extend a bit of an olive branch and you still got all asshurt.

You don't offend me buddy. I have no interest in 50% of spurs talk threads. When that happens, I move on to another thread. You should do the same.

hater
03-15-2016, 07:36 AM
He's obviously reptilian. Like in the Conan movie

benefactor
03-15-2016, 08:08 AM
You don't offend me buddy. I have no interest in 50% of spurs talk threads. When that happens, I move on to another thread. You should do the same.
Or maybe I can post my opinions whenever and wherever I fucking feel like it, faggot.

Va Spur
03-15-2016, 08:24 AM
Or maybe I can post my opinions whenever and wherever I fucking feel like it, faggot.

Yeah-- it's just the Christians who are the a.holes in Murica. This thread suggests a few others perhaps who don't identify as Christians might be a holes too.

and to be religious is to have ideas/beliefs about God-- so everyone is religious (atheists have pretty definite opinions too -do they not)
and everyone's religious thought mixes into their life and beliefs and comes out in the world (see this thread for evidence)

cutewizard
03-15-2016, 08:27 AM
what kind of planet is this Earth???????

WHERE EVERYONE IS FIGHTING EVERYONE BECAUSE OF FUCKING RELIGION??????????????????

ey??/

what kind of planet is this????????????

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-15-2016, 08:55 AM
Who cares. Everyone has a right to believe what they want. But when we die, truth is ultimately revealed. That is what I find amusing, why are people afraid to die.

My mom's father, who was an Army Ranger who did a tour of duty in Korea and Vietnam, told my Dad one time, "I am not afraid of death. I have seen plenty of people facing death and die."

And then my Dad reminded on an event that just recently had happen where my grandfather, who likes to go deep sea fishing in Corpus, fell out of the boat. He saw a tail fin swimming toward him and he jumped back in the boat faster than anything as he thought it was a shark, but it actually was a dolphin. My grandfather is pretty heavy set so it must have been a comical site. My Father told him, "See, you thought it was a shark, and at that time you were facing death and you jumped back in the boat faster than anything." My grandfather was upset, and asked my father who told him, which it was one of my uncles. But my father made his point. Something inside us tells there is an afterlife, and we are afraid b/c we know we may not be ready to face it.

benefactor
03-15-2016, 08:57 AM
Yeah-- it's just the Christians who are the a.holes in Murica. This thread suggests a few others perhaps who don't identify as Christians might be a holes too.

and to be religious is to have ideas/beliefs about God-- so everyone is religious (atheists have pretty definite opinions too -do they not)
and everyone's religious thought mixes into their life and beliefs and comes out in the world (see this thread for evidence)
Well of course this country is full of assholes...look at all support Trump is getting.:lol And where did I say only Christians are assholes? Shit, you motherfuckers are defensive this morning.:lol

I'm not an asshole as a general rule, but if someone is going to get all faggy and whiny I have no problem taking that route, hence my response to Mr. Asshurt Christian. My comment about religion being pointless is more about structured religion. I believe in a higher power but I don't go around claiming I know how said power operates or try to mold others into that belief. No one is right, so stop fucking claiming you have all the answers. Just live your life and try to help people out along the way.

cutewizard
03-15-2016, 09:01 AM
our religion is the Spurs

our gods are Pop, Timmy, Manu, Kawhi and LMA

we hope John Wall can be our god also someday.....

AND THAT'S THE BOTTOMLINE COZ POP SAID SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

BD24
03-15-2016, 09:02 AM
You may be surprised to learn he is a Mormon. The only success Jimmer had in San Antonio was to convert Kawhi.
:lolThis post works

Canyonero
03-15-2016, 09:04 AM
He's a level 5 vegan

ceperez
03-15-2016, 09:06 AM
Not bigoted, just homophobic. Other than that... i've dated just about every race you can think of except east asian (too skinny for my taste).

You forget to add anti-muslim (or likely any other religion that doesn't fit your tastes).

SupremeGuy
03-15-2016, 09:20 AM
http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/42/27/06/9007495/9/1024x1024.jpgI was about to say he has a huge ass cross on his shoulder... it's pretty fucking obvious unless you're stupid and blind that he's a Christian.

SpursforSix
03-15-2016, 09:27 AM
Who cares. Everyone has a right to believe what they want. But when we die, truth is ultimately revealed. That is what I find amusing, why are people afraid to die.

I'm not sure why that's amusing or surprising. I think of many if not most are afraid to die because of how their death would affect those left behind. Life goes on of course but I'd be worried about my family and me no being there to help them with whatever they need.

Also, there's probably an "oh shit" moment at the end where you wonder if there is a hell and if you dotted your i's and crossed all the necessary t's to avoid it. I would think even some die hard atheists have some trepidation in the face of imminent death.

And regardless of all that, fearing death seems like it would be a built in survival instinct.

SpursforSix
03-15-2016, 09:28 AM
I'm not an asshole as a general rule, but if someone is going to get all faggy and whiny I have no problem taking that route, hence my response to Mr. Asshurt Christian. My comment about religion being pointless is more about structured religion. I believe in a higher power but I don't go around claiming I know how said power operates or try to mold others into that belief. No one is right, so stop fucking claiming you have all the answers. Just live your life and try to help people out along the way.

Solid

Blake
03-15-2016, 09:39 AM
What bible verse?

Leviticus 19:28
New International Version (NIV)

28*“‘Do not cut*your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the*Lord.

TheDoctor
03-15-2016, 09:48 AM

My mom's father, who was an Army Ranger who did a tour of duty in Korea and Vietnam, told my Dad one time, "I am not afraid of death. I have seen plenty of people facing death and die."

And then my Dad reminded on an event that just recently had happen where my grandfather, who likes to go deep sea fishing in Corpus, fell out of the boat. He saw a tail fin swimming toward him and he jumped back in the boat faster than anything as he thought it was a shark, but it actually was a dolphin. My grandfather is pretty heavy set so it must have been a comical site. My Father told him, "See, you thought it was a shark, and at that time you were facing death and you jumped back in the boat faster than anything." My grandfather was upset, and asked my father who told him, which it was one of my uncles. But my father made his point. Something inside us tells there is an afterlife, and we are afraid b/c we know we may not be ready to face it.

No one really wants to die in pain tbh. Even less after the thought that such death comes from feeling multiple sharp teeth rows working gracefully as mini saws tearing your flesh apart. Not even those who ain't afraid of death wish to feel that. Hell no.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-15-2016, 09:51 AM
I'm not sure why that's amusing or surprising. I think of many if not most are afraid to die because of how their death would affect those left behind. Life goes on of course but I'd be worried about my family and me no being there to help them with whatever they need.

Also, there's probably an "oh shit" moment at the end where you wonder if there is a hell and if you dotted your i's and crossed all the necessary t's to avoid it. I would think even some die hard atheists have some trepidation in the face of imminent death.

And regardless of all that, fearing death seems like it would be a built in survival instinct.

Fearing death shows a complete lack of faith. That is why I find it amusing people can mock God and religion, yet when death comes for them, they fear it. Why?????? If there is no God, what is there to fear.

One of my favorite songs is a true story about a man on his death bed, telling his wife not to cry. This man had faith in God and didn't fear death or want those remaining to mourn as he believed he was going to a better place and God would continue to provide. This man use to feed the poor and needy in his village. And if it wasn't for said man, the writer and singer of this song would have more than likely died of hunger, along with his mother and brother. And this why the royalties of this song went to man's son who also went on to feed the poor and need in his country. This song is a true testament of Faith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x59kS2AOrGM

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-15-2016, 09:55 AM
No one really wants to die in pain tbh. Even less after the thought that such death comes from feeling multiple sharp teeth rows working gracefully as mini saws tearing your flesh apart. Not even those who ain't afraid of death wish to feel that. Hell no.

Not true. I was going to be an Intelligent Officer in the military and believe me I have an EXTREMELY high tolerance to pain. But I will admit I don't want to die, but I knew if I stayed in the military I would have been dead by the time I was 30 or so. I didn't fear death, as long as my death came doing what I believed in and protecting the weak and helpless.

Men who lack faith fear death. PERIOD!!!!!!!

RD2191
03-15-2016, 10:02 AM
:wakeup

Blake
03-15-2016, 10:03 AM

False assumption.

But I know plenty of people of faith that fear death. They're afraid of going to hell.

SpursforSix
03-15-2016, 10:04 AM
Fearing death shows a complete lack of faith. That is why I find it amusing people can mock God and religion, yet when death comes for them, they fear it. Why?????? If there is no God, what is there to fear.

One of my favorite songs is a true story about a man on his death bed, telling his wife not to cry. This man had faith in God and didn't fear death or want those remaining to mourn as he believed he was going to a better place and God would continue to provide. This man use to feed the poor and needy in his village. And if it wasn't for said man, the writer and singer of this song would have more than likely died of hunger, along with his mother and brother. And this why the royalties of this song went to man's son who also went on to feed the poor and need in his country. This song is a true testament of Faith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x59kS2AOrGM

Again, my main point about fearing death is about not being there to take care of family or loved ones. Not being there to help with any problems they might face in the future. Not hard to grasp.

Blake
03-15-2016, 10:04 AM
:wakeup

^ hopes to be a Christian some day. Someone should tell him how.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-15-2016, 10:06 AM
False assumption.

But I know plenty of people of faith that fear death. They're afraid of going to hell.

Exactly. Faith implies you live your life to avoid just that. They no there LACK OF FAITH while living will lead to this possible scenario in the afterlife. Believing and doing. Faith without works is DEAD.

TheDoctor
03-15-2016, 10:13 AM
Not true. I was going to be an Intelligent Officer in the military and believe me I have an EXTREMELY high tolerance to pain. But I will admit I don't want to die, but I knew if I stayed in the military I would have been dead by the time I was 30 or so. I didn't fear death, as long as my death came doing what I believed in and protecting the weak and helpless.

That's your point of view. Don't generalize. In my opinion, people are frightened more of the pain that might lead to a death or the way they die, than discovering what awaits them after death.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-15-2016, 10:15 AM
Again, my main point about fearing death is about not being there to take care of family or loved ones. Not being there to help with any problems they might face in the future. Not hard to grasp.

That's not a fear of death, that is just worrying about your family. I am talking about what Blake mentioned. People know there is another life waiting for them in the afterlife. I have seen actual war films of men dying and them saying they didn't want to die. My Dad's father who was a medic in Korea, heard MANY men said this same thing to him as they laid dying on the battlefield. It was an internal fear. My Grandfather also said some men weren't afraid and actually some gave him letters to give to their wives or families. These men in my grandfather unit were Christian and he mentioned that these particular men read their Bibles and prayed a lot. These men had Faith in something greater than themselves.

That is why someone like Paul could quote, "o Death, were is thy sting; grave, where is thy victory."

My father was a red beret and other things as well in the Military, basically what I was going to be. I come a long history of a Military families. Ironically, none of my family ever got killed in combat. But I have heard enough stories and seen enough films to know, men who have faith don't fear death. They don't want it, but they don't fear it.

Blake
03-15-2016, 10:16 AM
Exactly. Faith implies you live your life to avoid just that. They no there LACK OF FAITH while living will lead to this possible scenario in the afterlife. Believing and doing. Faith without works is DEAD.

Meh. It's the fear of the unknown, imo.

K...
03-15-2016, 10:16 AM
Do you want to hear how evolution might also create humans with a fear of death or do you stipulate no argument with the general idea that evolution is true and at worst "consistent" with faith?

Splits
03-15-2016, 10:18 AM
OP is a welching faggot.

SpursforSix
03-15-2016, 10:19 AM
That's not a fear of death, that is just worrying about your family. I am talking about what Blake mentioned. People know there is another life waiting for them in the afterlife. I have seen actual war films of men dying and them saying they didn't want to die. My Dad's father who was a medic in Korea, heard MANY men said this same thing to him as they laid dying on the battlefield. It was an internal fear. My Grandfather also said some men weren't afraid and actually some gave him letters to give to their wives or families. These men in my grandfather unit were Christian and he mentioned that these particular men read their Bibles and prayed a lot. These men had Faith in something greater than themselves.

That is why someone like Paul could quote, "o Death, were is thy sting; grave, where is thy victory."

My father was a red beret and other things as well in the Military, basically what I was going to be. I come a long history of a Military families. Ironically, none of my family ever got killed in combat. But I have heard enough stories and seen enough films to know, men who have faith don't fear death. They don't want it, but they don't fear it.

You seem to want to use this thread to point out what you were gonna be. You should just start a thread about it instead of muddying up this one.

Blake
03-15-2016, 10:20 AM
Not true. I was going to be an Intelligent Officer in the military and believe me I have an EXTREMELY high tolerance to pain.

I bet you still have a breaking point for a torturer to force you to denounce Jesus.

Seventyniner
03-15-2016, 10:21 AM

Was this supposed to make sense? Those last two sentences have nothing to do with the first three.

And why would someone without faith fear hell? If I didn't believe in the god of a religious framework, why would I believe in any concepts of afterlives in those frameworks?

DisAsTerBot
03-15-2016, 10:24 AM
Was this supposed to make sense? Those last two sentences have nothing to do with the first three.

And why would someone without faith fear hell? If I didn't believe in the god of a religious framework, why would I believe in any concepts of afterlives in those frameworks?

because he's seen films and red berets and grandpa and other stuff

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-15-2016, 10:27 AM
That's your point of view. Don't generalize. In my opinion, people are frightened more of the pain that might lead to a death or the way they die, than discovering what awaits them after death.

Dude, CHRISTIANS use to be burned at the Stake and fed to lions, etc. And you know what they were doing, SINGING. Praising God. These people had Faith. I am not Generalizing. We live in a FAITHLESS GENERATION. If you believe the Bible, Jesus said the last generations would be like this.

Jon Hus, one of the first reformationists, also was singing and didn't scream at all while be burnt at the stake.

The problem is, Faith like this is extremely scarce so you just don't see it. During the Roman times, when they use to execute Christians in the Coliseum, and as they were singing, People in the crowd would be converted by the faith those people exhibited. If you believe you are going to heaven when you die, why would you want to stay on Earth. Just saying.

Heaven might be a myth, which is why I initially stated, death will ultimately reveal the truth. But people with ultimate FAITH have proven you wrong. They don't fear death not matter HOW PAINFUL IT CAME.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-15-2016, 10:30 AM

They don't fear hell, that is why they live their life like they want. But when they are facing death, they fear it. B/c something inside them (their soul) the afterlife is coming. People talk brave and shit, like my grandfather, but when death is staring them in the face, they fear IT. Not hell, but death. Read what I wrote. Some fear hell, but the vast majority just fear death itself.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-15-2016, 10:34 AM
You seem to want to use this thread to point out what you were gonna be. You should just start a thread about it instead of muddying up this one.

Not really, just pointing out, we all believe in different things, live our lives differently. But death is something WE ALL SHARE. And some people face it with no fear, VAST MAJORITY DO. Why is the question I have been expounding on.

r0drig0lac
03-15-2016, 10:34 AM
They don't fear hell, that is why they live their life like they want. But when they are facing death, they fear it. B/c something inside them (their soul) the afterlife is coming. People talk brave and shit, like my grandfather, but when death is staring them in the face, they fear IT. Not hell, but death. Read what I wrote. Some fear hell, but the vast majority just fear death itself.

true

RD2191
03-15-2016, 10:35 AM
^ hopes to be a Christian some day. Someone should tell him how.
Shutup, cuck.

Brazil
03-15-2016, 10:36 AM
In the long list of stuff I don't give a fuck about, this one is a top 3 tbh

Blake
03-15-2016, 10:37 AM
Shutup, cuck.

Yeah, I figured you were lying about that.

Lol rob

TheDoctor
03-15-2016, 10:39 AM
Dude, CHRISTIANS use to be burned at the Stake and fed to lions, etc. And you know what they were doing, SINGING. Praising God. These people had Faith.

Jon Hus also was singing and didn't scream at all while be burnt at the stake.

Because you were there to know that :lmao

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-15-2016, 10:50 AM
Because you were there to know that :lmao

It's recorded in Roman history. And that is why the Roman emperor stopped executions altogether b/c the Christian faith was growing as a result not stopping it. Go read history. I am a huge history buff. I am well versed on many histories of many countries, including religious history.

It's was observed and documented. It might be false, but I believe it to be true. You don't have to.

I guess you find Evolution and the Big Theory to be humorous. This shit happened billions of years ago, no observation, no documented evidence or historical writings. Same can be said for Creation. As the act of Creation was divinely revealed to Moses. It could be totally false. But what you are laughing at, was actually documented and accounted for. How do you know Washington was real or Jefferson or Napoleon or Shakespeare, etc were real. Because people wrote and documented about these men.

You can scoff at religion and whatever, but documented history. Just shows a lot of ignorance on your part.

Blake
03-15-2016, 10:51 AM
Dude, CHRISTIANS use to be burned at the Stake and fed to lions, etc. And you know what they were doing, SINGING.

http://hilkkapiipponen.mystagingwebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/clefs-300x207.jpg

A lion just bit me, and this is crazy ..
please get me the fuck out of here maybe..

BillMc
03-15-2016, 10:58 AM
http://hilkkapiipponen.mystagingwebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/clefs-300x207.jpg

:lol

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-15-2016, 11:05 AM

Thank you for confirming what I have been saying all along.

TheDoctor
03-15-2016, 11:05 AM

:rollin

marmotte
03-15-2016, 11:10 AM

:lol Brilliant

I was reading this thread and ready to post an answer but this is hilarious, I'll leave it at that

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-15-2016, 11:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfNNZr0CP88

I suppose this guy was 2nd guess himself as well. Here is some video evidence of people with FAITH facing death and not screaming like a bitch, which I know 99%+ of the posters here would. And honestly speaking, people like you are why I got out of the military. I wasn't going to die defending a bunch of ungrateful a-holes like you guys. People like you make me feel better about the life choices I have made thus far. Thanks.

AFMadison
03-15-2016, 11:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfNNZr0CP88

I suppose this guy was 2nd guess himself as well. Here is some video evidence of people with FAITH facing death and not screaming like a bitch, which I know 99%+ of the posters here would. And honestly speaking, people like you are why I got out of the military. I wasn't going to die defending a bunch of ungrateful a-holes like you guys. People like you make me feel better about the life choices I have made thus far. Thanks.
What you are talking about describes a video I made not too long ago...

https://vimeo.com/156928450 (http://vimeo.com/156928450)

travis2
03-15-2016, 11:44 AM
Well he does have a tatt of a cross .....Pretty sure he is Christian or Catholic ......

Not offended, just informing...Catholics are Christians...

RD2191
03-15-2016, 11:49 AM

Too bad your wife didn't ask to be let out when the big black bull had her in a cage.

AFMadison
03-15-2016, 11:50 AM
Not offended, just informing...Catholics are Christians...
Not necessarily. Catholics who follow the teachings of Rome through Roman Catholicism are not Christians by biblical standards.

Seventyniner
03-15-2016, 11:57 AM
Here is some video evidence of people with FAITH facing death and not screaming like a bitch

Like suicide bombers? This capacity for faith that you speak of is perhaps the most dangerous aspect of religious militants too. You can't fight someone who fears nothing by abandoning fear yourself.

benefactor
03-15-2016, 12:00 PM
:tu

travis2
03-15-2016, 12:04 PM
Not necessarily. Catholics who follow the teachings of Rome through Roman Catholicism are not Christians by biblical standards.

:rolleyes:depressed

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-15-2016, 12:08 PM
Like suicide bombers? This capacity for faith that you speak of is perhaps the most dangerous aspect of religious militants too. You can't fight someone who fears nothing by abandoning fear yourself.

Their faith is misplaced IMO, but yes they have that extreme Faith and don't fear death as they think they are going w/ Allah and have a heirom. Japanese thought they would be glorified with the Emperor. It's just on the opposite end of spectrum from the people I have been referring to. Polar opposite.

But yes, these men didn't fear death, but when they awoke in the afterlife, that fear might just start to set in.

People I can relate to are the ones that believe in a higher power than themselves and their lives are about helping and nurturing others not destroying lives. I can't really see how anyone can get any satisfaction hurting innocent people (physically or emotionally). Only sick demented individuals would.

NameLess Scrub
03-15-2016, 12:26 PM
Their faith is misplaced IMO, but yes they have that extreme Faith and don't fear death as they think they are going w/ Allah and have a heirom. Japanese thought they would be glorified with the Emperor. It's just on the opposite end of spectrum from the people I have been referring to. Polar opposite.

But yes, these men didn't fear death, but when they awoke in the afterlife, that fear might just start to set in.

People I can relate to are the ones that believe in a higher power than themselves and their lives are about helping and nurturing others not destroying lives. I can't really see how anyone can get any satisfaction hurting innocent people (physically or emotionally). Only sick demented individuals would.

I think you're expressing interesting points.

Want to say though, I think the martyrs' experiences are different from a random scare of death.
I'd think if they were suddenly ran after by a lion they would be scared and would run for their lives.
They even moved from places to avoid being arrested. They could act in preservation of their lives in general.

But at the face of certain death, they could show their faith and be sure they were going home.

Maybe you implied this, don't know. Just wanted to point that out.

Horse
03-15-2016, 12:27 PM

Who gives a shit.

AFMadison
03-15-2016, 12:32 PM
:rolleyes:depressed
It's a blurry line for sure, but if you dissect beliefs there is a pretty big difference. Christianity has really broadened over time, one reason why people believe it as Christianity itself.

TheDoctor
03-15-2016, 12:36 PM

:toast

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-15-2016, 12:48 PM
I think you're expressing interesting points.

Want to say though, I think the martyrs' experiences are different from a random scare of death.
I'd think if they were suddenly ran after by a lion they would be scared and would run for their lives.
They even moved from places to avoid being arrested. They could act in preservation of their lives in general.

But at the face of certain death, they could show their faith and be sure they were going home.

Maybe you implied this, don't know. Just wanted to point that out.

True. But I am more or less talking about people knowing they are going to die. To get back to my Grandfather. He was a chain smoker as well. My mom always tried to convince him to quit, and he told her he never would. Guess what, he went for his annual check up and the doctor told him he would be dead in 3-5 years if he continued smoking. If he didn't fear death like he stated, he would have. HE QUIT. And has lived almost 20 years since that examine.

Survival mechanism will kick in to defend one's self, that's natural. But I am talking about people on their death beds (car accidents, battlefield, etc) or have some incurable disease. My sister had cancer when she was 23. I am 3 years younger. While staying at the Hope Lodge, I met people with worse conditions and they would say they were afraid to die in the group sessions they had. But they would say the pain was so great some times they just felt like dying as well.

These people were honest with themselves. But like the man Bob Marley wrote about from his childhood, he was dying from Cancer as well I believe and had a totally different outlook than the people I witnessed. That man had the ultimate faith, more faith than me I have to admit.

.G.
03-15-2016, 12:48 PM
He's a level 5 vegan

He doesn't eat anything that casts a shadow?

Cry Havoc
03-15-2016, 01:48 PM
Dude, CHRISTIANS use to be burned at the Stake and fed to lions, etc. And you know what they were doing, SINGING. Praising God. These people had Faith. I am not Generalizing. We live in a FAITHLESS GENERATION. If you believe the Bible, Jesus said the last generations would be like this.

This is hilarious. It's a wicked combination of, "You should never be afraid", "the good old days", and "THE END IS NIGH". You just summed up every single "git off mah lawn!" trope in a single paragraph. That's amazing.

I guess we should go back to the early 20th century, when people had "true faith" that led them to en masse discriminate against people based on skin pigments.

But yeah. It's today's generation that has no faith or appreciation for the teachings of Christ, what with all our "humans have rights" malarkey. :lol

NameLess Scrub
03-15-2016, 01:49 PM
True. But I am more or less talking about people knowing they are going to die. To get back to my Grandfather. He was a chain smoker as well. My mom always tried to convince him to quit, and he told her he never would. Guess what, he went for his annual check up and the doctor told him he would be dead in 3-5 years if he continued smoking. If he didn't fear death like he stated, he would have. HE QUIT. And has lived almost 20 years since that examine.

Survival mechanism will kick in to defend one's self, that's natural. But I am talking about people on their death beds (car accidents, battlefield, etc) or have some incurable disease. My sister had cancer when she was 23. I am 3 years younger. While staying at the Hope Lodge, I met people with worse conditions and they would say they were afraid to die in the group sessions they had. But they would say the pain was so great some times they just felt like dying as well.

These people were honest with themselves. But like the man Bob Marley wrote about from his childhood, he was dying from Cancer as well I believe and had a totally different outlook than the people I witnessed. That man had the ultimate faith, more faith than me I have to admit.

I see. Thanks for sharing.

NameLess Scrub
03-15-2016, 01:55 PM
This is hilarious. It's a wicked combination of, "You should never be afraid", "the good old days", and "THE END IS NIGH". You just summed up every single "git off mah lawn!" trope in a single paragraph. That's amazing.

I guess we should go back to the early 20th century, when people had "true faith" that led them to en masse discriminate against people based on skin pigments.

But yeah. It's today's generation that has no faith or appreciation for the teachings of Christ, what with all our "humans have rights" malarkey. :lol

Do you think racism is a product of faith?

Blake
03-15-2016, 01:57 PM

Racism is usually a product of ignorance, among other things

Cry Havoc
03-15-2016, 01:59 PM

Do you think people can claim to be stalwart Christians and then turn and say, "N----r Jim, you missed a spot on the floor over there."

Does that compute for you? At all? In any way? I must have missed that section of the Bible where it says, "But yea I say unto thee, love thy neighbor, love thine enemy, take a stranger into your house and wash their feet. Unless they be of filthy black origin."

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2016, 02:05 PM
Betaism

NameLess Scrub
03-15-2016, 02:07 PM
Do you think people can claim to be stalwart Christians and then turn and say, "N----r Jim, you missed a spot on the floor over there."

Does that compute for you? At all? In any way? I must have missed that section of the Bible where it says, "But yea I say unto thee, love thy neighbor, love thine enemy, take a stranger into your house and wash their feet. Unless they be of filthy black origin."

Exactly. They were wrong.

But you seemed to relate faith with racism.

Kawhitstorm
03-15-2016, 02:12 PM
He's a Greek god:

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/33/24/56/7162807/5/1024x1024.jpg

Capt Bringdown
03-15-2016, 02:16 PM
http://45.media.tumblr.com/c27e37c41cff33b33824653f853754ce/tumblr_neb80nDWxy1r1upxxo1_500.gif

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-15-2016, 02:16 PM

Tell me one person Jesus discriminated against as you are identifying True Christianity to racism. Didn't God tell Phillip to go witness to the Ethiopian man who was reading the scriptures. I love how Human Rights is becoming more filthy. That's hilarious. Abort my kids b/c I don't want to raise one and don't want to financially support it, check. Live with a girl I have no attention of marrying or committing myself to and no one gives a shit, check. If I want to be a women even though I am a man and society has to accept it no matter what, check. If I want cheat thousands of people of their retirement funds and get away with it, check (recent events in Wall Street). If I pose a nude photo myself on twitter so millions of people can see w/ no consequence, check. I love you find and associate the demoralization of society as HUMAN RIGHTS. You really think these people you are talking about are Christians.

What happen if I said I was an Atheist but I attended church every Sunday (which personally haven't been in over a decade) and prayed to God all the time. You will know them by their fruits. Pretty basic concept if you ask me.

Here is the quote from whom I think was the most intelligent President ever and he didn't even believe in the Divine birth of Jesus and a lot of other things in the Bible.

"We all agree in the obligation of the moral precepts of Jesus, and nowhere will they be found delivered in greater purity than in his discourses" Thomas Jefferson quoting about the Continental Congress

Cry Havoc
03-15-2016, 02:18 PM
Exactly. They were wrong.

But you seemed to relate faith with racism.

It's the opposite. I don't think you can be a servant of the Jesus I read about in the Bible if you think people of different color are beneath you.

There was an AWFUL lot of racism from "Christian" groups in the 1900s. The ones that weren't, I didn't see a lot of them going out of their way to fight for equal rights for all (some did, absolutely, but most did not).

I don't think you can tacitly support racism and still claim to be a Christian. It doesn't work like that.

Cry Havoc
03-15-2016, 02:22 PM
Tell me one person Jesus discriminated against as you are identifying True Christianity to racism. Didn't God tell Phillip to go witness to the Ethiopian man who was reading the scriptures. I love how Human Rights is becoming more filthy. That's hilarious. Abort my kids b/c I don't want to raise one and don't want to financially support it, check. Live with a girl I have no attention of marrying or committing myself to and no one gives a shit, check. If I want to be a women even though I am a man and society has to accept it no matter what, check. If I want cheat thousands of people of their retirement funds and get away with it, check (recent events in Wall Street). If I pose a nude photo myself on twitter so millions of people can see w/ no consequence, check. I love you find and associate the demoralization of society as HUMAN RIGHTS. You really think these people you are talking about are Christians.

What happen if I said I was an Atheist but I attended church every Sunday (which personally haven't been in over a decade) and prayed to God all the time. You will know them by their fruits. Pretty basic concept if you ask me.

Here is the quote from whom I think was the most intelligent President ever and he didn't even believe in the Divine birth of Jesus and a lot of other things in the Bible.

"We all agree in the obligation of the moral precepts of Jesus, and nowhere will they be found delivered in greater purity than in his discourses" Thomas Jefferson quoting about the Continental Congress

My point was directed at the fact that you claim that today's generation has no faith, when in reality the prior generations that you seem to be referring to (I assume including your own) discriminated en masse against people of other skin tones (and guess what, they still do).

Jesus was a campaigner for human rights for all people.

What's odd is you conflating a couple living unmarried in the same house with a lack of faith or morals? That's just a tired argument. Women have the ability to not depend on men who beat them anymore, again, a vestige of the past generations that was supposedly so "full of faith".

houston spurs fan
03-15-2016, 02:27 PM
Slomo fucking sucks for not moderating this shit. Jesus.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-15-2016, 02:29 PM
My point was directed at the fact that you claim that today's generation has no faith, when in reality the prior generations that you seem to be referring to (I assume including your own) discriminated en masse against people of other skin tones (and guess what, they still do).

What's odd is you conflating a couple living unmarried in the same house with a lack of faith or morals? That's just a tired argument. Women have the ability to not depend on men who beat them anymore, again, a vestige of the past generations that was supposedly so "full of faith".

Do you think I am just talking about recent history. True Christians don't discriminate. 600k Americans died over slavery. There was a lot of people who didn't agree with Slavery or discrimination.

Faith was exhibit more in past generations than today. Before people fought and died for causes greater than themselves. Now all people care about is themselves. Even Time magazine, which is a very secular magazine, Coined this generation the "ME" Generation. And if you want to know the Bible take on this, Jesus said the Children of the Desolate are far greater than the Children of the Righteous.

Even Cain was religious. Offered a sacrifice to God and then slew his Brother when God accepted Abel's offering over his. Tell me, the people you just mention, do they exhibit Cain's attributes or Abel's even from a rhetorical standpoint.

JR3
03-15-2016, 02:31 PM

Keeping it classy I see...

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-15-2016, 02:31 PM
[QUOTE=Cry Havoc;8477853]

[QUOTE]

But he didn't tolerate sin. Basically, crimes and sins that use to exact an punishment here on earth no longer applied. He took things from a physical nature to a Spiritual one. Doesn't mean started accepting people's immorality. I don't think he said, "Go and sin no more." as a catch phrase.

JR3
03-15-2016, 02:36 PM
Well of course this country is full of assholes...look at all support Trump is getting.:lol And where did I say only Christians are assholes? Shit, you motherfuckers are defensive this morning.:lol

Sounds like you claim to have the answer? Your answer is that No one is right so there is no answer? That doesn't even make sense.

NameLess Scrub
03-15-2016, 02:38 PM

See, this is what's confusing to me about what you say. He was talking in general. Obviously we all agree racism or beating women isn't a product of faith, but cowboy mentioned other examples to establish his comparison.

baseline bum
03-15-2016, 03:09 PM

And then DPG got butthurt like hell :lol

baseline bum
03-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Yep. And Parker is the most left wing guy on the team and French, so probably atheist or agnostic as well. Never heard a peep about God from Popovich, either.

Pop's probably the most left wing guy on the team.

baseline bum
03-15-2016, 03:14 PM
Who cares. Everyone has a right to believe what they want. But when we die, truth is ultimately revealed.

I never get that argument, it presupposes an afterlife. I'm guessing when I die nothing will be revealed to me because the physical processes that would allow me to think have ceased.

Bynumite
03-15-2016, 03:15 PM
Autism?

baseline bum
03-15-2016, 03:16 PM
If there is no God, what is there to fear.

Not being alive? Being alive is awesome. It sucks it has to end.

steeledl
03-15-2016, 03:25 PM
Holy fuck . Edgy thread guys.

Blake
03-15-2016, 03:30 PM
But he didn't tolerate sin. Basically, crimes and sins that use to exact an punishment here on earth no longer applied. He took things from a physical nature to a Spiritual one. Doesn't mean started accepting people's immorality. I don't think he said, "Go and sin no more." as a catch phrase.

Sin and immorality are subjective

TheDoctor
03-15-2016, 03:30 PM
Not being alive? Being alive is awesome. It sucks it has to end.
Exactly what I was trying to imply all along this thread.

Blake
03-15-2016, 03:34 PM
Live with a girl I have no attention of marrying or committing myself to and no one gives a shit, check.

Why do you give a shit

gambit1990
03-15-2016, 03:47 PM
not gonna waste my time going through this thread. but whatever religion you believe in is simply due to where & when you were both.

god didn't make man, man made god.

benefactor
03-15-2016, 03:54 PM
Sounds like you claim to have the answer? Your answer is that No one is right so there is no answer? That doesn't even make sense.
Of course it does. You just refuse to accept it because Christianity has taught you that you are right and everyone else is wrong. Hate to break it to you, but man has made God in his own image, not the other way around.

benefactor
03-15-2016, 03:55 PM
god didn't make man, man made god.
Great minds.:lol:tu

timtonymanu
:lol a thread about religion reaching this many pages, why am I not surprised?

SquawkinHawkBigCock
Holy fuck . Edgy thread guys.
Tbh, nothing on this forum is edgy

It's full of texas hick redneck racists :lol

Crazies like m>s are nothing but the norm, there's a chimp emoticon for christ sakes :lol :monkey

Horry Hipcheck
03-15-2016, 04:11 PM
Not bigoted, just homophobic.

A VERY important distinction.

rjv
03-15-2016, 04:14 PM
http://36.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3tshbsxv11r2714vo1_1280.png

TEXICAN
03-15-2016, 04:14 PM
Who cares...

DMC
03-15-2016, 04:17 PM
Racism is usually a product of ignorance, among other things
So you don't know what the other things are? Ignorant.

DMC
03-15-2016, 04:20 PM

lol

Jesus was a vagrant hippie faggot that ran around with a bunch of worthless pieces of shit. He didn't campaign for anything close to human rights. The land was full of groups like his all trying to fulfill the prophesy of King David.

rjv
03-15-2016, 04:22 PM
ah yes, ST forum, where a simple question can turn into an Hegelian discourse.

Blake
03-15-2016, 04:22 PM
So you don't know what the other things are? Ignorant.

lazy

YGWHI
03-15-2016, 04:24 PM
I thought some guys created a new religion, The Followers of The Klaw, the religious movement based on the veneration of Kawhi and his supernatural powers...but not. Very disappointing thread.

Brian Windhorst
03-15-2016, 04:26 PM
http://new4.fjcdn.com/comments/So+im+guessing+fedora+tippers+are+back+on+funnyjun k+_c83bd84bf2c397e1c0f9006759ffa237.jpg

Blake
03-15-2016, 04:26 PM
ah yes, ST forum, where a simple question can turn into an Hegelian discourse.

And where people show off their fancy words

Brian Windhorst
03-15-2016, 04:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/B622EWs.jpg

JR3
03-15-2016, 04:28 PM
Of course it does. You just refuse to accept it because Christianity has taught you that you are right and everyone else is wrong. Hate to break it to you, but man has made God in his own image, not the other way around.

Interesting...Who taught you that you are right, and everyone else is wrong? How do you know you are right?

Blake
03-15-2016, 04:32 PM

http://d2.christiantoday.com/en/full/23605/kirk-cameron.jpg?w=380&h=349&l=50&t=40

DMC
03-15-2016, 04:32 PM
You can always tell when the Jesus freaks get offended.

Blake
03-15-2016, 04:34 PM
Interesting...Who taught you that you are right, and everyone else is wrong? How do you know you are right?

Well it's pretty easy to figure out the bible is a crock of shit. People are just fearful to admit it to themselves. They'd rather come up with fallacies as to why it's the troof

UNT Eagles 2016
03-15-2016, 04:42 PM
Well it's pretty easy to figure out the bible is a crock of shit. People are just fearful to admit it to themselves. They'd rather come up with fallacies as to why it's the troof

Even Genesis argues itself into a corner.

rjv
03-15-2016, 04:45 PM
And where people show off their fancy words

guilty. but there really is no shorter way to describe a dialogue where a thesis and antithesis are exchanged with the hopes of eventually taking a course towards the truth through reasoned argument. and, of course, i was being sarcastic because it is obvious this certainly doesn't accurately describe the nature of ST arguments.

JR3
03-15-2016, 04:49 PM

I find it much riskier to not believe the bible than to believe it. I have nothing to lose by believing in Jesus and his word. I have no fear about that. It's seems more like the bible bashers are much more threatened by it given the attention this thread is getting and the effort being put into silencing and diminishing the Christians.

benefactor
03-15-2016, 04:51 PM
It's just an opinion. Could there be no God out there? Sure. That's much more plausible than the Christian god though

benefactor
03-15-2016, 04:53 PM
I find it much riskier to not believe the bible than to believe it. I have nothing to lose by believing in Jesus and his word. I have no fear about that. It's seems more like the bible bashers are much more threatened by it given the attention this thread is getting and the effort being put into silencing and diminishing the Christians.
Pulling out Pascal's Wager now, huh? :lol

baseline bum
03-15-2016, 04:54 PM
I find it much riskier to not believe the bible than to believe it. I have nothing to lose by believing in Jesus and his word. I have no fear about that.

What if you picked the wrong god though? There's nothing gods hate more than worship of other gods. I'm not so sure it's a great hedge tbh.

benefactor
03-15-2016, 04:56 PM
:cry I'm scared of hell :cry
:cry hold me closer, lawd jeezus :cry

benefactor
03-15-2016, 04:57 PM
What if you picked the wrong god though? There's nothing gods hate more than worship of other gods. I'm not so sure it's a great hedge tbh.
All those Indians are fucked on judgment day tbh

JR3
03-15-2016, 05:03 PM

Thats a very reasonable question. A lot of people shy away from this question and throw out the idea of absolute truth because all the religions and theories are so confusing. It takes a lot of research which most people pass on. One book I would recommend is "Why Jesus" by Ravi Zacharius.

Blake
03-15-2016, 05:17 PM
guilty. but there really is no shorter way to describe a dialogue where a thesis and antithesis are exchanged with the hopes of eventually taking a course towards the truth through reasoned argument. and, of course, i was being sarcastic because it is obvious this certainly doesn't accurately describe the nature of ST arguments.

I figured. It's more funner to claim victory than to find truth tho

Blake
03-15-2016, 05:19 PM

Well if you go to church, you lose Sunday mornings.

..and ~10% of your income

Blake
03-15-2016, 05:20 PM
Thats a very reasonable question. A lot of people shy away from this question and throw out the idea of absolute truth because all the religions and theories are so confusing. It takes a lot of research which most people pass on. One book I would recommend is "Why Jesus" by Ravi Zacharius.

Why should it take that much research to find Jesus.

JR3
03-15-2016, 05:25 PM
Well if you go to church, you lose Sunday mornings.

..and ~10% of your income
I sense sarcasm but for the record: Church has been great for me and my family. 10% Wasn't my money to begin with (you might not understand this but it's cool). Paying taxes feels more like a loss...

JR3
03-15-2016, 05:28 PM
Why should it take that much research to find Jesus.

Another great question! You don't need all the research. You can find him through faith/ prayer and reading the bible. It just happens to be that history and research also supports the validity of the bible. It can help answer a lot of questions.

Blake
03-15-2016, 05:31 PM
I sense sarcasm but for the record: Church has been great for me and my family. 10% Wasn't my money to begin with (you might not understand this but it's cool). Paying taxes feels more like a loss...

Well at least your getting your money's worth.

Blake
03-15-2016, 05:32 PM
Another great question! You don't need all the research. You can find him through faith/ prayer and reading the bible. It just happens to be that history and research also supports the validity of the bible. It can help answer a lot of questions.

That's cool!

Where can I find research on the validity of Adam and Eve

Blake
03-15-2016, 05:33 PM
K, I'm feeling kinda bad now cause you seem like a nice guy. Kinda like when angel luv was around

JR3
03-15-2016, 05:42 PM
K, I'm feeling kinda bad now cause you seem like a nice guy. Kinda like when angel luv was around

Dont feel bad dude... I haven't taken offense this whole time. Even through some of the hating comments from other posters. we all have different perspectives. Thanks for yours.

DJR210
03-15-2016, 05:46 PM
Rumor is Kawhi is a mormon

spurtech09
03-15-2016, 05:48 PM
Ezekiel 23:19-20cool....I will check it out....:)

spurtech09
03-15-2016, 05:49 PM
Another great question! You don't need all the research. You can find him through faith/ prayer and reading the bible. It just happens to be that history and research also supports the validity of the bible. It can help answer a lot of questions.Amen brother.....god bless

TheDoctor
03-15-2016, 05:51 PM
Bible is hilarious from time to time. Like, that part when this guy Cain skull-fucked his brother then he heard a voice banishing him from Cleveland. So, Cain left feeling sad and everything, but it wasn't that bad, he found a bunch of people in another land and supposedly in there he knew his wife. I mean, what wife? At first there were only 2 people living on Earth right? Eve and Adam. They fucked and had 2 children which means that there were only 4 people in the whole World. Cain in full saltiness flossed his brother, 4 - 1 = 3. Again (referring to the sentence in bold), he left Cleveland to find a new tribe. Who were they?!? Suddenly there aren't just 3 guys in the whole World but thousands :wow

spurtech09
03-15-2016, 05:52 PM
not gonna waste my time going through this thread. but whatever religion you believe in is simply due to where & when you were both.

god didn't make man, man made god.LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!Best joke Ive heard.....:)....Repent bro...forgive for your sins.....

spurtech09
03-15-2016, 05:57 PM
Mark 13 32-37

RD2191
03-15-2016, 06:02 PM
http://new4.fjcdn.com/comments/So+im+guessing+fedora+tippers+are+back+on+funnyjun k+_c83bd84bf2c397e1c0f9006759ffa237.jpg
Crofl DMC

baseline bum
03-15-2016, 06:19 PM
Crofl DMC

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nb5-re1BSu8/T5ds_G6M_GI/AAAAAAAAKTI/it3R1OgfGyg/s1600/Santa_Muerte.jpg

CROFL robdiaz

spurtech09
03-15-2016, 06:20 PM
The time is now that we still have a chance till the Messiah returns.....Jesus Christ Kings of Kings---Lords of lords.....Time to repent and forgive for are sins...turn away from the filthy things of this world....sins,temptations,darkness,and etc etc.....The only light that can get you out of the Darkness....Jesus Christ....Are Lord and Saviour ....Praise the Lord Jesus Christ....All Power and Glory to God.....Luv you bro's and Sisters....god bless

apalisoc_9
03-15-2016, 06:20 PM
Love me Kawhi, but being part of a cherry picking religion is kinda dissapointing. Manu-TD-Tony have the right mindset. Nothing against chrisitians though.

Brian Windhorst
03-15-2016, 06:26 PM
You can always tell when the Jesus freaks get offended.

http://i.imgur.com/c12P2nm.jpg
I'm not religious

RD2191
03-15-2016, 06:29 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nb5-re1BSu8/T5ds_G6M_GI/AAAAAAAAKTI/it3R1OgfGyg/s1600/Santa_Muerte.jpg

CROFL robdiaz
The fuck, how'd you get my pic?

baseline bum
03-15-2016, 06:32 PM
Love me Kawhi, but being part of a cherry picking religion is kinda dissapointing. Manu-TD-Tony have the right mindset. Nothing against chrisitians though.

TD's agnostic? I figured it with Parker and the shouldn't covet thy neighbor's wife and all.

DMC
03-15-2016, 06:33 PM
Crofl DMC

If I was that young with that much hair I'd be a fucking beast.

baseline bum
03-15-2016, 06:50 PM
The fuck, how'd you get my pic?

It's on the INS's website man.

RD2191
03-15-2016, 07:05 PM
It's on the INS's website man.
Son of a bish. :pctoss

BSfromTX
03-15-2016, 09:07 PM
That's cool!

Where can I find research on the validity of Adam and Eve

Research mitochondrial dna of women

Blake
03-16-2016, 08:10 AM
Dont feel bad dude... I haven't taken offense this whole time. Even through some of the hating comments from other posters. we all have different perspectives. Thanks for yours.

I think it's pretty ridiculous to believe in a deity that is evil, hypocritical, and genocidal, but if you want to cherry pick the feel good parts out of it, no skin off my back. :tu

Blake
03-16-2016, 08:14 AM
Research mitochondrial dna of women

Are you saying it's in a woman's DNA to pull man down with forbidden fruit?

Spell it out

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-16-2016, 08:32 AM
Sin and immorality are subjective

If that's true, then who are we to judge murders, rapists, pedophilers, etc. Shit dude. I hope you really don't believe that.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-16-2016, 08:47 AM
Why do you give a shit

That's is what this society has become. The reason I would care is b/c every great society that fell and fell hard, all became decadent and demoralized.

Common decency no longer exist. People use to show respect for others and did shit in private. Now, they don't care, they will do right in your face and in public and that is what causes divisions and destabilization of societies.

That is why Jefferson, who didn't believe in miracles or that Jesus was the Son of God, was adamant that Morality (or least a sense of it) is something any strong great society exhibited. Maybe if you studied history more, you would be concerned to.

Like Lenin said over 100 years ago (I am paraphrasing), we will destroy and defeat Russia's enemies w/o firing a shot through their radios, films, media outlets, etc. by demoralizing their societies. That is why I care. Anarchists and immoral mentality always leads to the downfall of societies. History repeats itself my friend.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-16-2016, 08:54 AM
I never get that argument, it presupposes an afterlife. I'm guessing when I die nothing will be revealed to me because the physical processes that would allow me to think have ceased.

It's not an agrument. It's a fact of life. When we die and we all will, we will all know if the afterlife exists or which if any religion was actually the truth. It's up to the individual in this life to want to discover that truth for himself.

There are many religions other than Christianity that have the concept of the afterlife and Heaven and Hell. Like I said, death is the barrier we will all cross one day, and no matter what you thought in this life, the Truth will ultimately be revealed to us all at that point. If you don't want to think about, well that's your choice, nobody's forcing you.

Blake
03-16-2016, 09:30 AM
If that's true, then who are we to judge murders, rapists, pedophilers, etc. Shit dude. I hope you really don't believe that.

Sin =/= secular law

Do you really not understand the basic need for society to outlaw murder, rape and pedophilia?

Blake
03-16-2016, 09:32 AM
That's is what this society has become. The reason I would care is b/c every great society that fell and fell hard, all became decadent and demoralized.

Common decency no longer exist. People use to show respect for others and did shit in private. Now, they don't care, they will do right in your face and in public and that is what causes divisions and destabilization of societies.

That is why Jefferson, who didn't believe in miracles or that Jesus was the Son of God, was adamant that Morality (or least a sense of it) is something any strong great society exhibited. Maybe if you studied history more, you would be concerned to.

Like Lenin said over 100 years ago (I am paraphrasing), we will destroy and defeat Russia's enemies w/o firing a shot through their radios, films, media outlets, etc. by demoralizing their societies. That is why I care. Anarchists and immoral mentality always leads to the downfall of societies. History repeats itself my friend.

None of that addresses why you care if two unmarried people live together. How does it specifically affect you or society in a negative way?

Slomo
03-16-2016, 09:35 AM
There are places better suited for this debate than the Spurs forum and a KL thread.