PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian Mass Killer,Says Solitary Confinement, in 3-Room Suite, Violates His Rights

DMX7
03-15-2016, 10:58 AM
Very interesting case here... I actually agree that solitary confinement is not humane. In fact, I think the death penalty is more humane that solitary confinement because it is a form of torture in my opinion. Humans are social by nature and taking away human contact for long periods of time can literally drive people insane.

OSLO — He lives in a three-room suite with windows, about 340 square feet, that includes a treadmill and other exercise equipment, a fridge, a DVD player, a Sony PlayStation and a desk with a typewriter. He has been taking distance-learning courses at his country’s main university. He has access to television, radio and newspapers. He prepares his own food, and he entered the Christmas gingerbread-house baking contest at his prison.

Anders Behring Breivik, the Norwegian extremist who was convicted of killing 77 people in a bomb and gun rampage in 2011, returned to court on Tuesday to pursue his claim that his solitary confinement — albeit in cushy circumstances — violates his human rights.

The hearing, at which Mr. Breivik gave a Nazi-style salute, has been accompanied by a new round of grief and outrage over the attacks, the deadliest violence in Norway since World War II.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/world/europe/anders-breivik-nazi-prison-lawsuit.html?&moduleDetail=section-news-4&action=click&contentCollection=Europe&region=Footer&module=MoreInSection&version=WhatsNext&contentID=WhatsNext&pgtype=article

MultiTroll
03-15-2016, 11:57 AM
Plus he can only get 20 years max? :lol

Hey politicians, why don't you update the laws.

DMX7
03-15-2016, 12:02 PM
Plus he can only get 20 years max? :lol

Hey politicians, why don't you update the laws.

They can extend the sentence under the current law. It's a totally different approach to the criminal justice system.

Wild Cobra
03-15-2016, 12:09 PM
Is that article real, or a revived old false story?

A typewriter...

It would not be the first time the New York Slimes was wrong about a story...

ElNono
03-15-2016, 12:13 PM

A typewriter...

It would not be the first time the New York Slimes was wrong about a story...

is that all you got from that? That the NYT might have allegedly mis-reported a typewriter? :lol

Wild Cobra
03-15-2016, 12:15 PM
is that all you got from that? That the NYT might have allegedly mis-reported a typewriter? :lol

Actually, I took the opportunity to make fun of the Slimes...

Silly story to post if you ask me.

ChumpDumper
03-15-2016, 12:30 PM
faggy baggies

Wild Cobra
03-15-2016, 12:34 PM
faggy baggies

Are they your style?

DMX7
03-15-2016, 12:39 PM
It's real. What makes you think it's fake? Norway's criminal justice system is totally different. It's all about rehabilitation.

ChumpDumper
03-15-2016, 12:49 PM
Are they your style?I don't even know what you are trying to say. Did you really consider that to be a sick burn or something?

ChumpDumper
03-15-2016, 12:50 PM

A typewriter...

It would not be the first time the New York Slimes was wrong about a story...They are right more often than you.