PDA

View Full Version : Carson Trump Endorsement

Nbadan
03-15-2016, 01:47 PM
Dr. Ben Carson, who endorsed Donald Trump’s presidential candidacy on Friday, appears less than enthusiastic about that decision. And the real reason the unsuccessful GOP presidential hopeful endorsed his former rival could be a violation of federal law.
Carson told the conservative online site NewsMax TV on Monday that he backed Trump based on a practical calculus.

“I didn’t see a path for Kasich, who I like, or for Rubio, who I like. As far as Cruz is concerned, I don’t think he’s gonna be able to draw independents and Democrats unless has has some kind of miraculous change… Is there another scenario that I would have preferred? Yes. But that scenario isn’t available.” Pressed to clarify, Carson said he meant he’d prefer to have backed one of the other candidates.

Carson then said that Trump had promised him a role in his administration, “certainly in an advisory capacity.” Asked by NewsMax’s Steve Malzberg whether this meant a cabinet position, Carson declined to “reveal any details about it right now, because all of this is still very liquid.”

Federal law expressly prohibits candidates from directly or indirectly promising “the appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy.” The penalty for violations could include fines or a year in jail — two years if the violation was willful.

Read more: http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/03/15/3760261/carson-offered-position-by-trump/

It is a felony under 18 USC 599 for a political candidate to offer a Federal Government position to a person in exchange for their political support.

So far a Trump administration would include....Chris Christie.....Dept of Trans.....Sarah Palin....Sec of Defense...and now Carson...surgeon Gen.....promising...

SnakeBoy
03-15-2016, 02:17 PM
:lol

DMX7
03-15-2016, 02:45 PM
Stupid Carson. SMH...

But regardless, Trump didn't offer him an office in exchange for his endorsement.

There is no case here. Move along, nothing to see here, folks.

boutons_deux
04-15-2016, 09:20 AM
Ben Carson Says He Has No Memory of Running for President

WEST PALM BEACH — Ben Carson, the retired neurosurgeon, stirred controversy on Thursday by saying in a televised interview that he had no recollection of running for President of the United States.

Appearing on the Fox News Channel, Dr. Carson responded to host Sean Hannity’s question about his ten-month-long candidacy by saying, “I do not recall any of that occurring.”

“I’ve been told that I did it, but I find it impossible to believe,” he said. “I don’t think I’d forget a thing like that.”

Dr. Carson said he had seen photographs and videos of him campaigning for the Republican nomination but called them “the work of an evil person who is really good at PhotoShop and whatnot.”

He said he did not know who would create such an elaborate hoax to convince him that he had run for President “when I clearly did not,” but he speculated about the person’s motives.

“Someone is trying to mess with my mind,” he said. “And when I find out who is doing that I will make them pay dearly.”

While Carson insisted that “there is no way I ran for President,” he did not rule out running for the Republican nomination in the future.

“I think I’d be really good at it,” he said.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/ben-carson-says-he-has-no-memory-of-running-for-president (http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/ben-carson-says-he-has-no-memory-of-running-for-president)

DarrinS
04-15-2016, 11:10 AM
Why does boots post retarded, not-funny borowitz and try to hide the link?

boutons_deux
04-15-2016, 11:16 AM
Why does boots post retarded, not-funny borowitz and try to hide the link?

Trolling ignorant rightwingnuts with satires about your ignorant, hopeless, destructive politicians.

RandomGuy
03-15-2018, 04:02 PM
Read more: http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/03/15/3760261/carson-offered-position-by-trump/

It is a felony under 18 USC 599 for a political candidate to offer a Federal Government position to a person in exchange for their political support.

So far a Trump administration would include....Chris Christie.....Dept of Trans.....Sarah Palin....Sec of Defense...and now Carson...surgeon Gen.....promising...

LOL Chris Christie... heh