PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones 5

lefty
03-15-2016, 02:27 PM
:lmao Hollywood

benefactor
03-15-2016, 02:34 PM
Will Harrison Ford live long enough to film it?

Chris
03-15-2016, 02:35 PM
https://s16-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fohmars.files.wordpres s.com%2F2008%2F10%2Fspielberg-lucas-southpark.jpg&sp=33712a8dd5a1aaf3090ec109ebd8d5af

SpursforSix
03-15-2016, 02:35 PM
:lmao Hollywood

Looking forward to this. I hope Ashton Kutcher gets the lead.

Spurminator
03-15-2016, 05:01 PM
The ratio of Good Indiana Jones Movies to Total Indiana Jones Movies is reaching Friday the 13th levels.

UZER
03-15-2016, 06:25 PM
Mola ram....mola ram.....mola ram

benefactor
03-15-2016, 07:08 PM
Mola ram....mola ram.....mola ram
You have betrayed Sheba!

Thread
03-15-2016, 09:44 PM
The ratio of Good Indiana Jones Movies to Total Indiana Jones Movies is reaching Friday the 13th levels.

"Last Crusade" stands up nice. You get that Nazi/Hitler thing going...that always works. They play the Hitler clash/meeting with Jones straight up & down and they place it at nite. All the usual suspects (Goring, Gerbils, et al are present & accounted---at distance---almost like a time machine has arrived thru the smoke billowing from the book burning.) It's the highlight of the production.

It's the only "Indiana" I can appreciate. The others are pretentious.

lil'mo
03-15-2016, 11:35 PM
I'm down. Gotta be better tha crystal skull lol. Hopefully it will be what crystal skull shoulda been

Darius McCrary
03-16-2016, 01:07 AM
I heard the few scenes prior to the climax are just a zoomed in view of Shia LeBouf's A.H.

benefactor
03-16-2016, 06:42 AM
"Last Crusade" stands up nice. You get that Nazi/Hitler thing going...that always works. They play the Hitler clash/meeting with Jones straight up & down and they place it at nite. All the usual suspects (Goring, Gerbils, et al are present & accounted---at distance---almost like a time machine has arrived thru the smoke billowing from the book burning.) It's the highlight of the production.

Yeah...that one is my favorite. Alison Doody, man.

Raiders is the only other one besides Crusade I can really watch over again. Ford and Allen's chemistry is just great.

InRareForm
03-16-2016, 08:21 AM
Zzzz

Blake
03-16-2016, 08:22 AM
Yup it's the Lost Ark and the Last Crusade. The others are shit.

Spurminator
03-16-2016, 01:03 PM

I do have a soft spot for Last Crusade. That and Raiders are the only ones I still like.

Thread
03-16-2016, 06:07 PM
I do have a soft spot for Last Crusade. That and Raiders are the only ones I still like.

Yep. You also have that magic potion to make you live forever. Just as serviceable as Hitler to get the viewer goin'. You take that shit home with ya, play around with it, not for days, but, forever.

Texas_Ranger
03-16-2016, 06:36 PM
facepalm

Thread
03-16-2016, 07:31 PM
Yep. You also have that magic potion to make you live forever. Just as serviceable as Hitler to get the viewer goin'. You take that shit home with ya, play around with it, not for days, but, forever.

It's what makes "The Green Mile" stay fresh,,,the thought of JC touching/healing Hanks and bestowing him with endless life. Same thing with the warden's cancer stricken wife. JC sucks the cancer out of her and she's probably still living down there somewhere's.

SpursforSix
03-16-2016, 08:14 PM
It's what makes "The Green Mile" stay fresh,,,the thought of JC touching/healing Hanks and bestowing him with endless life. Same thing with the warden's cancer stricken wife. JC sucks the cancer out of her and she's probably still living down there somewhere's.

Not disagreeing totally. But the Green Mile stays fresh to me because of the multiple short stories each with a defined beginning and end. All wrapped up the the larger story of JC. Of course, that's how it was written. But if you notice, the best of King to screen projects are similar. Shawshank the most similar. Now that I think about it...scratch that about that applying to most.

Thread
03-16-2016, 08:26 PM
Not disagreeing totally. But the Green Mile stays fresh to me because of the multiple short stories each with a defined beginning and end. All wrapped up the the larger story of JC. Of course, that's how it was written. But if you notice, the best of King to screen projects are similar. Shawshank the most similar. Now that I think about it...scratch that about that applying to most.

I'm not a keen supporter of GM. The characters are smug big shots. Everyone on death row (cept "Billy the Kid") are swell guys, just misunderstood till they get behind the walls then they change their ways,,,like in Shawshank. I call ass, SS.

Why shouldn't Percy treat the French guy with contempt? He ended someone's life.

GM gets the blood boilin' on several fronts. I imagine that is what King wanted, and I'm sure that bastard was right next to the Director every step of the way.

And now JC has had enough? Now? God didn't send him to whine & quit. HE sent himPERIOD

SpursforSix
03-16-2016, 08:57 PM
I'm not a keen supporter of GM. The characters are smug big shots. Everyone on death row (cept "Billy the Kid") are swell guys, just misunderstood till they get behind the walls then they change their ways,,,like in Shawshank. I call ass, SS.

Why shouldn't Percy treat the French guy with contempt? He ended someone's life.

GM gets the blood boilin' on several fronts. I imagine that is what King wanted, and I'm sure that bastard was right next to the Director every step of the way.

And now JC has had enough? Now? God didn't send him to whine & quit. HE sent himPERIOD

You've thought it way beyond me. I enjoy the characters and scenes but really don't play the "what ifs" on this one. It's definitely not Shawshank. But I'll still tune in if its on. Maybe it's just a part of me that wants the payoff of fucking Percy. Not to mention that Hanks is always able to carry scenes and keep anything watchable. It's a good cast from top to bottom. Always liked Morse in whatever he does. But yeah...maybe it's a little cheap. That said, not a bad movie at all IMO.

And I'm not sure but I think King is pretty hands off on these things. He's already been paid and there's been enough butchering of enough of his stories that I don't think he's much involved. I think he's about the money. He told a good story. If someone wants to pay him a wad of cash, he doesn't have anything to lose if it sucks. He'll have put out 3 more crappy novels in the time it takes to film.

UZER
03-17-2016, 07:53 AM

GM- They aren't swell guys, but how could they act out being bad guys in a prison on death row? The Rockwell character is an absolute lunatic. The others? I still see them as what they are, but they are also humans who have been humbled by the price they are about to pay for their sins. Also, Hanks explains they are death row so they try to keep everything at 0 for fear that one of them will snap and act out.

UZER
03-17-2016, 08:00 AM
IMO, Last Crusade is the best, but Temple of Doom is my favorite. Yes its corny, cheesy, over the top, but its just fun. Plus, its the first movie I ever saw by myself in a theater so it holds a special place in my heart. I was only six :lol. Times have changed.

Thread
03-17-2016, 09:52 AM
IMO, Last Crusade is the best, but Temple of Doom is my favorite. Yes its corny, cheesy, over the top, but its just fun. Plus, its the first movie I ever saw by myself in a theater so it holds a special place in my heart. I was only six :lol. Times have changed.

Doom needed to be (R) rated, then they could have done it justice. They even flirt with it, but, just enough to have to then back off from the (R) edge.

Thread
03-17-2016, 09:58 AM
GM- They aren't swell guys, but how could they act out being bad guys in a prison on death row? The Rockwell character is an absolute lunatic. The others? I still see them as what they are, but they are also humans who have been humbled by the price they are about to pay for their sins. Also, Hanks explains they are death row so they try to keep everything at 0 for fear that one of them will snap and act out.

I know, I hear it,,,several times. That's the excuse they (Morris/Hanks) use to bait & attack Percy. I'm not convinced.

The same approach is used in Shawshank. The guys are cold blooded when Andy asked the name of the fellow that got beaten to death the night Andy arrives. As soon as Andy is accepted they're soft as Charmin.

pookenstein
03-17-2016, 10:24 AM
https://s16-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fohmars.files.wordpres s.com%2F2008%2F10%2Fspielberg-lucas-southpark.jpg&sp=33712a8dd5a1aaf3090ec109ebd8d5af

:bobo
That was a great Episode.

Thread
03-17-2016, 11:07 AM
You've thought it way beyond me. I enjoy the characters and scenes but really don't play the "what ifs" on this one. It's definitely not Shawshank. But I'll still tune in if its on. Maybe it's just a part of me that wants the payoff of fucking Percy. Not to mention that Hanks is always able to carry scenes and keep anything watchable. It's a good cast from top to bottom. Always liked Morse in whatever he does. But yeah...maybe it's a little cheap. That said, not a bad movie at all IMO.

And I'm not sure but I think King is pretty hands off on these things. He's already been paid and there's been enough butchering of enough of his stories that I don't think he's much involved. I think he's about the money. He told a good story. If someone wants to pay him a wad of cash, he doesn't have anything to lose if it sucks. He'll have put out 3 more crappy novels in the time it takes to film.

Yes. He has a nice turn in "The Crossing Guard." The movie is tired, but, he's fine.

Very sturdy actor.

Xevious
03-18-2016, 11:31 PM
From what I understand this property was purchased by Disney along with Star Wars, so Lucas will have nothing to do with it. I'll give it a chance I suppose.

Trainwreck2100
03-18-2016, 11:37 PM
not having the nazis will blow, they are the GOAT villains. They tried the commies in crystal skull but it just rang hollow.