PDA

View Full Version : Paul

Horse
03-15-2016, 10:17 PM
Nothing better than beating this crybaby, dirty, sneaky luck chuck pussy motherfucker. Refs cosbyed us that 3rd quarter cause of his bullshit. Wasn't enough fuck him and the lucky ass clips.

HarlemHeat37
03-15-2016, 10:18 PM
He's annoying to watch, but he's a monster, tbh..

His style of play doesn't work for deep playoff runs, he's the Peyton Manning of the NBA, but still..

Horse
03-15-2016, 10:22 PM

His style of play doesn't work for deep playoff runs, he's the Peyton Manning of the NBA, but still..
Nice comparison I'd like to kill him with my bare hands.

SpurPadre
03-15-2016, 10:24 PM

Peyton's won it all twice, though. Paul hasn't sniffed WCF. I'd say he's the Barry Bonds of the NBA, tbh.

SouthernFried
03-15-2016, 10:26 PM
He's got Curry's handles...without the range. Felt like he coulda got his shot off anytime he wanted. Curry and Paul really destroy our backcourt D. Tho, they destroy most everyone else's too. lol

DAF86
03-15-2016, 10:34 PM

What style would that be son?

RD2191
03-15-2016, 10:34 PM
Nice comparison I'd like to kill him with my bare hands.
And then eat him?

HarlemHeat37
03-15-2016, 10:37 PM
What style would that be son?

Historically ball-dominant little man that calls all his own plays..

You aren't winning a title with a 6" player that doesn't play without the ball in his hands, tbh..

DAF86
03-15-2016, 10:42 PM

You aren't winning a title with a 6" player that doesn't play without the ball in his hands, tbh..

I think he's ball-dominant by need, tbh. If he had another perimiter player star (like Westbrook has with Durant) he wouldn't be as ball-dominant. He does let Griffin do a lot of creating, imho.

Kawhitstorm
03-15-2016, 10:48 PM
He's got Curry's handles...without the range. Felt like he coulda got his shot off anytime he wanted. Curry and Paul really destroy our backcourt D. Tho, they destroy most everyone else's too. lol

The only defense against them is to go at them on the other end which WestBrick has done successfully against Paul b/c WestBrick is just too big/athletic for the aging midget & they have nobody else to put on him unlike the Worriers (Klay/Livingston). Paul has also made it a point to bait Curry into a foul (ala Patty) whenever he's on him on defense, usually to start the game.

You also had Lowry/Wall fighting fire w/ fire when they were matched up against Curry.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-16-2016, 12:23 AM

5'10" at best, tbh. lol NBA trainers' measurement edge

All Mighty Janitor
03-16-2016, 12:28 AM
Dat boi gud

Sean Cagney
03-16-2016, 12:47 AM
I am with you I can't stand mr Whiney face pouty Paul. He looks like he is going to cry the whole game.

Spurtacular
03-16-2016, 12:52 AM
Paul firing a ball at a ref after the high-low Duncan to LMA action. Fucker got T'd up for that at the end of a playoff game last year for doing that sh**.

Sean Cagney
03-16-2016, 01:25 AM

Peyton actually goes to the Superbowl and won too, Paul is usually one and done most of the time tbh.

03-16-2016, 01:43 AM
Great player. Always thought he'd be even better if he looked for his own shot more.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-16-2016, 01:54 AM
Great player. Always thought he'd be even better if he looked for his own shot more.

Like the anti-Westbrook. More accurate shooter but doesn't shoot enough. And he rubs you wrong in a completely different way, a cold, passive-aggressive way rather than Westbrook's obnoxious gloating douchebaggery.

J_Paco
03-16-2016, 01:57 AM

Peyton is a 2 - time NFL champion and the greatest (statistical) QB ever, while Chris Paul's ass can't even make it to the conference finals.

Terrible comparison. He's more like Barry Sanders or Dan Marino.

BatManu20
03-16-2016, 01:57 AM
Say what you want about his annoying on-court antics, but he's a ridiculously good basketball player tbh, especially at his size. He annoys the shit out of me too when we play them, but at the end of the day, I'd take him on the Spurs in a heartbeat.

HarlemHeat37
03-16-2016, 02:24 AM
Peyton is a 2 - time NFL champion and the greatest (statistical) QB ever, while Chris Paul's ass can't even make it to the conference finals.

First of all, Manning was literally the worst QB to win a Super Bowl in NFL history, this season:lol..stop it..you could have replaced with him literally any QB in the NFL and the Broncos wouldn't have lost anything..giving him credit for the ring is the equivalent of giving Jeff Ayres credit for ringing in 2014..

He was terrible during his first SB run, as well..3 TDs vs. 7 INTs and a 70 QB Rating in the playoffs:(..giving him credit for being a "Super Bowl winner", despite being underwhelming in 1 and a complete non-factor in the other is pretty silly IMO

I compared the 2 because they are the most intelligent on-field/court players in their respective sports, they both have amazing regular season stats(Chris Paul has historically great stats for his position..if you consider advanced metrics, he's probably the greatest PG of all-time during the RS) as micro-managers that call their own plays and are not able to adapt to any style outside of their own..Manning was never able to play a different style of football that didn't have him running the entire team(which never worked, and why he is considered an underwhelming playoff performer), and Paul is the same way..

freetiago
03-16-2016, 02:38 AM
Whats disappointing is the Spurs have no answer for the double high pick and roll screen. Got abused everytime they went to it. Clippers eventually stopped in the 3rd/4th and they couldn't score after. Just like last year's playoffs though when they spammed that play to death and the Spurs had no counter. Just let Kawhi get screened off Paul and he got open midrange or layups

J_Paco
03-16-2016, 03:11 AM
First of all, Manning was literally the worst QB to win a Super Bowl in NFL history, this season:lol..stop it..you could have replaced with him literally any QB in the NFL and the Broncos wouldn't have lost anything..giving him credit for the ring is the equivalent of giving Jeff Ayres credit for ringing in 2014..

He was terrible during his first SB run, as well..3 TDs vs. 7 INTs and a 70 QB Rating in the playoffs:(..giving him credit for being a "Super Bowl winner", despite being underwhelming in 1 and a complete non-factor in the other is pretty silly IMO

I compared the 2 because they are the most intelligent on-field/court players in their respective sports, they both have amazing regular season stats(Chris Paul has historically great stats for his position..if you consider advanced metrics, he's probably the greatest PG of all-time during the RS) as micro-managers that call their own plays and are not able to adapt to any style outside of their own..Manning was never able to play a different style of football that didn't have him running the entire team(which never worked, and why he is considered an underwhelming playoff performer), and Paul is the same way..

Should have known you'd come with the same old bullshit, per par. If "any QB could have done it" then why did Denver bench the far more capable, athletic and younger Brock Osweiler in favor of old, broken down and sorry ass Peyton Manning? It was because although he is a shell of his former self he won't make enough mistakes that will cost you the game. He can play with in his (many) limitations and he helped stabilize a team that was highly inconsistent and teetering on the edge of falling apart. The defense won Denver the championship, but I doubt they would have even gotten to the Super Bowl without Manning's leadership and poise.

How did it "never work" when the man has 4 Super Bowl appearances and 2 victories in his resumé? You can attempt to discredit him all you like but you can't change that fact, buddy. His failures had a lot to do with (a lot of) poor playoff performances but also from having some historically shitty defenses (early on in Indianapolis and 2 seasons ago in Denver). Anyway, Paul is much more like Barry Sanders, the greatest "pure" position player of his generation (maybe ever) but a guy that never, ever accomplishes as much team success as he should. While his rivals and peers (Curry/Parker) win with better balanced and overall teams (i.e. Emmitt Smith).

Paul is a great guard that will never see team success until he finds a situation where he isn't the best player and can play a more complimentary role. I don't believe his (on-court) stubbornness and ego will allow that to happen any time soon.

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-16-2016, 03:22 AM
Strongly dislike his antics on the court, but his feel for the game, basketball IQ and quick thinking are impressive. As Harlem said he'll always have that stigma of a ball dominant PG who could never lead a team to a championship but his game would age well and he might become an absolutely perfect vet, lower usage PG option for a younger contending team sometime down the line.

DeRozan m8
03-16-2016, 03:31 AM
Fuck this ****

will_spurs
03-16-2016, 03:41 AM
Whats disappointing is the Spurs have no answer for the double high pick and roll screen. Got abused everytime they went to it. Clippers eventually stopped in the 3rd/4th and they couldn't score after. Just like last year's playoffs though when they spammed that play to death and the Spurs had no counter. Just let Kawhi get screened off Paul and he got open midrange or layups

Kawhi is strong enough to push past the screen and keep following Paul, but guards aren't.

Sean Cagney
03-16-2016, 03:48 AM

Dan Marino atleast made a SB appearance and Afc title games tbh... Barry is the Goat RB imo and never had the team around him to win it all so bad comparisons again :lol

exstatic
03-16-2016, 07:25 AM

They stopped because Pop put Kawhi on him, and he can get to your shot or knock the ball loose, even if you get past him and turn the corner. Recognize. KL2 shut the fucking door on their offense.

bklynspursfan
03-16-2016, 09:29 AM
Kawhi did a good job on him in the 2nd half. Paul scored 18 of his 22 in the first half.

Every shot he throws up I fear it's going in.. he's a great player and does a great job of keeping his dribble alive. Whines a ton, but the guy is a stud for sure.

LaMarcus Bryant
03-16-2016, 09:33 AM
They stopped because Pop put Kawhi on him, and he can get to your shot or knock the ball loose, even if you get past him and turn the corner. Recognize. KL2 shut the fucking door on their offense.

+1000000

100%duncan
03-16-2016, 10:01 AM
Piece of shit

look_at_g_shred
03-16-2016, 10:16 AM
Say what you want about his annoying on-court antics, but he's a ridiculously good basketball player tbh, especially at his size. He annoys the shit out of me too when we play them, but at the end of the day, I'd take him on the Spurs in a heartbeat.
Yep we hate him because he's so good.

KenziE
03-16-2016, 10:51 AM
Piece of shit

Wahahaha true that

Obstructed_View
03-16-2016, 12:25 PM
He's a great player, but the reason I dislike him is his ability to make the officials look so bad at their jobs. He armbars his defenders, flinches at everything and threw his chest under Kawhi ON THE BASELINE to draw a "charge". They keep rewarding him with whistles so his antics continue.

LakerHater
03-16-2016, 12:29 PM
Jus wait till saturday, you'll see Draymond cry like he does terribly every game!

Horse
03-16-2016, 12:34 PM
He's a great player, but the reason I dislike him is his ability to make the officials look so bad at their jobs. He armbars his defenders, flinches at everything and threw his chest under Kawhi ON THE BASELINE to draw a "charge". They keep rewarding him with whistles so his antics continue.

He's as bad as harden with this type of shit. Those fouls on patty were bullshit.

gambit1990
03-16-2016, 12:35 PM
i don't hate him or even dislike him. yeah, he bitches and complains too much... but even with that being said, his great play out shadows that. would love to have him on the spurs. high bb iq.

J_Paco
03-16-2016, 01:01 PM
Dan Marino atleast made a SB appearance and Afc title games tbh... Barry is the Goat RB imo and never had the team around him to win it all so bad comparisons again :lol

Exactly, in your opinion. He is the best "pure" running back but isn't the blocker or receiver that many other great backs were. He also never had any good team success even with his individual greatness, so Chris Paul is an apt comparison.

pookenstein
03-16-2016, 01:08 PM
He's as bad as harden with this type of shit. Those fouls on patty were bullshit.

Disagree with the last part.Timmy does the rip through too. It's just a smart play.

I do dislike his constant shining though.

ElNono
03-16-2016, 01:36 PM

Basically, what you're saying is Manning is the Tony Parker of QBs...

steeledl
03-16-2016, 01:48 PM
Probably will go down as one of the greatest players to never win a ring unless he latches on somewhere late in his career.

HarlemHeat37
03-16-2016, 01:53 PM
Should have known you'd come with the same old bullshit, per par. If "any QB could have done it" then why did Denver bench the far more capable, athletic and younger Brock Osweiler in favor of old, broken down and sorry ass Peyton Manning? It was because although he is a shell of his former self he won't make enough mistakes that will cost you the game. He can play with in his (many) limitations and he helped stabilize a team that was highly inconsistent and teetering on the edge of falling apart. The defense won Denver the championship, but I doubt they would have even gotten to the Super Bowl without Manning's leadership and poise.

How did it "never work" when the man has 4 Super Bowl appearances and 2 victories in his resumé? You can attempt to discredit him all you like but you can't change that fact, buddy. His failures had a lot to do with (a lot of) poor playoff performances but also from having some historically shitty defenses (early on in Indianapolis and 2 seasons ago in Denver). Anyway, Paul is much more like Barry Sanders, the greatest "pure" position player of his generation (maybe ever) but a guy that never, ever accomplishes as much team success as he should. While his rivals and peers (Curry/Parker) win with better balanced and overall teams (i.e. Emmitt Smith).

Paul is a great guard that will never see team success until he finds a situation where he isn't the best player and can play a more complimentary role. I don't believe his (on-court) stubbornness and ego will allow that to happen any time soon.

Bro, I'm a Broncos fan(check the NFL forum)..it's a fact that they had the worst offense to ever win a SB, and Manning had literally the worst statistical playoff run for a QB that made the SB in history:lol..you can praise his "leadership and poise" all you want, but it's completely meaningless when you can't move the ball for more than 1 drive per game..giving him credit for this ring is ludicrous..

Osweiler is a very mediocre QB that played poorly for most of his stint, this season..his numbers were terrible, he can't read defenses, he led the NFL in sack % due to his inability to audible and adjust, and he isn't athletic or mobile..he got benched with the hope that Manning would be better after his "injuries", though, which doesn't disprove my point, at all..Manning returned and was just as bad as he was prior to his "injuries"..

Anyways, comparing NFL wins vs. NBA wins doesn't make sense for obvious reasons, I was simply comparing their style and personalities, as PG and QB are the only comparable positions in these respective sports..

Sean Cagney
03-16-2016, 02:18 PM
Exactly, in your opinion. He is the best "pure" running back but isn't the blocker or receiver that many other great backs were. He also never had any good team success even with his individual greatness, so Chris Paul is an apt comparison.

Paul has had talent around him though in LAC and NO you must admit. There is no reason they should have lost to the Spurs that year in 08 after dominating the first two games and then going on to lose a game 7 at home. That was a very good team, they blew their shot. Last year in Houston when they had a huge lead as well they had a shot to advance and blew that 3-1 lead in the series smh.. His teams are just cursed :lol

Barry Sanders was there with Erik Kramer and Scott Mitchell as his QB's mannnnn :lmao:lmao, poor guy.

Obstructed_View
03-16-2016, 03:40 PM
Disagree with the last part.Timmy does the rip through too. It's just a smart play.
IMS, the NBA made that play a point of emphasis, said they'd stop awarding free throws for it, and Tim Duncan was the person they cited as an example of what not to do. This was probably five years ago. I don't remember the last time Duncan did it, much less did it and got sent to the line for it.

Obstructed_View
03-16-2016, 03:41 PM
Osweiler is a very mediocre QB that played poorly for most of his stint, this season..his numbers were terrible, he can't read defenses, he led the NFL in sack % due to his inability to audible and adjust, and he isn't athletic or mobile..he got benched with the hope that Manning would be better after his "injuries", though, which doesn't disprove my point, at all..Manning returned and was just as bad as he was prior to his "injuries"..

This gives me hope that the Texans will continue to stink for the near future. :)

pookenstein
03-16-2016, 04:00 PM
IMS, the NBA made that play a point of emphasis, said they'd stop awarding free throws for it, and Tim Duncan was the person they cited as an example of what not to do. This was probably five years ago. I don't remember the last time Duncan did it, much less did it and got sent to the line for it.

I think I've seen him do it this year two/three times where he was rewarded FT's. Granted not nearly as much as Paul and Durant do it (by a mile not).

Obstructed_View
03-16-2016, 04:51 PM
I think I've seen him do it this year two/three times where he was rewarded FT's. Granted not nearly as much as Paul and Durant do it (by a mile not).

Then the refs can't even follow the instructions of the fucking league. No wonder they called that baseline charge on Kawhi.

03-16-2016, 05:55 PM
Basically, what you're saying is Manning is the Tony Parker of QBs...I'd say Peyton is the Steve Nash of the NFL. Both great offensive players, but neither played defense.

letmk
03-16-2016, 06:03 PM
Peyton's won it all twice, though. Paul hasn't sniffed WCF. I'd say he's the Barry Bonds of the NBA, tbh.

Steroids or not, CP3 is nowhere near the individual talent that Bonds had. CP3 is a FINE player, but nobody fears him, let alone at Bonds' level.

CGD
03-16-2016, 06:10 PM
Inhale his antics just like the next guy, but boy is he a beast

Horse
03-17-2016, 06:50 AM

I do dislike his constant shining though.

Doesnt make up for all the obvious calls Timmy doesn't get. While faggots like Paul get phantom calls with their tornado flops.

exstatic
03-17-2016, 06:59 AM
My lasting memory of CP3 will ALWAYS be him running off the court in tears straight into the locker room in 2008 after we took game 7 from NO. That's pretty much who he is.

TheDoctor
03-17-2016, 07:31 AM
Probably will go down as one of the greatest players to never win a ring unless he latches on somewhere late in his career.

Like taking Andre Miller's spot on a future Spurs squad :lol

I won't lie tho. I would love to have CP3 right now with us. Instant :lobt2:

pookenstein
03-17-2016, 07:35 AM
Doesnt make up for all the obvious calls Timmy doesn't get. While faggots like Paul get phantom calls with their tornado flops.

Doesn' change the fact that it's just a smart play. Sucks that he gets the call so often, but Tim (in his prime) got his share of Superstar callsas well. Kiwi will get them too.

And honestly, we cheer for the Spurs with a guy named Manu Ginobili on our roster for 14 years. We should not complain about Flops very loud...

100%duncan
03-17-2016, 07:50 AM
My lasting memory of CP3 will ALWAYS be him running off the court in tears straight into the locker room in 2008 after we took game 7 from NO. That's pretty much who he is.

I remember both being so nervous but calm before that game. I knew we wouldn't lose. We never lost those types of games pre 2012. :lol

hater
03-17-2016, 07:54 AM
He's declining fast tbh. He's a season away from being a 2009 Jason Kidd. Don't get me wrong, that's no slouch but he will command salary that is way overpriced thus hurting teams a la Kobe

lefty
03-17-2016, 08:07 AM
Is it too late to trade Parker for Paul?

Dre_7
03-17-2016, 10:04 AM
Chris Paul? Ha, more like Chris Kringle!

Harry Callahan
03-17-2016, 10:45 AM
Pull out the GIF of Paul bouncing around like a pinball on one of his infamous flops where he hardly gets touched. It's pretty funny.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-17-2016, 11:03 AM
This gives me hope that the Texans will continue to stink for the near future. :)

Regardless, Osweiler/Miller/Hopkins on offense and Watt/Clowney/Mercilus/Cushing et al. on defense is good enough for 11 wins and the AFC S(:lol)uth title. Especially when you play in the same division with teams like the D:lollts with Andrew Cuck who has zero offensive or defensive help, the Titans with Mariota who is raw (LOL THEY GOT DEMARCO MURRAY) and the Jaguars... who are the Jaguars.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-17-2016, 11:05 AM

Swap him for Parker obviously

Horse
03-17-2016, 12:26 PM
Doesn' change the fact that it's just a smart play. Sucks that he gets the call so often, but Tim (in his prime) got his share of Superstar callsas well. Kiwi will get them too.

And honestly, we cheer for the Spurs with a guy named Manu Ginobili on our roster for 14 years. We should not complain about Flops very loud...
Nonsense yes Manu flops but he Atleast takes contact. Unlike Paul who is barely touched and does a 540.

pookenstein
03-17-2016, 03:02 PM
A flop is a flop. I think we won't get to a common ground here and I don't want to defend Paul here any longer. I don't even like the guy.

Horse
03-17-2016, 04:20 PM
A flop is a flop. I think we won't get to a common ground here and I don't want to defend Paul here any longer. I don't even like the guy.
Thank god

beirmeistr
03-17-2016, 04:44 PM

could happen in the future. paul does not rely on speed. he is smart, crafty, and has a high bb iq. he'll still be effective at 40, like Andrew

beirmeistr
03-17-2016, 04:46 PM
could happen in the future. paul does not rely on speed. he is smart, crafty, and has a high bb iq. he'll still be effective at 40, like Andrew

I meant andre