PDA

View Full Version : The "you'll find out if there's a god when you die argument"

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 10:49 AM
I don't understand this argument at all from people who believe in a god and an afterlife. It completely presupposes there is (1) an afterlife and I guess (2) a soul. If there is no afterlife and no soul I don't get how anything is supposed to be revealed to me. If I'm dead so is my brain, I mean I can't run a computer without plugging in the power, how does a brain run without a working heart? It's like saying I can have a conversation with a corpse. You didn't address my objection at all in the locked Kawhi thread, Cowboys_Wear_Spurs, you just claimed it as truth, which is exactly what I was asserting you were saying from the beginning: that you are presupposing an afterlife. That's a really big thing to take as axiom.

spurraider21
03-16-2016, 10:53 AM
speaking of that locked thread, is anybody even the least bit surprised that blake had the most posts in it?

Blake
03-16-2016, 10:54 AM
C2gr5cO-5is

Blake
03-16-2016, 10:57 AM
speaking of that locked thread, is anybody even the least bit surprised that blake had the most posts in it?

I'm not surprised. They're the most entertaining imo.

Blake
03-16-2016, 10:58 AM
But hey, I didn't start this thread.

Surprised?

spurraider21
03-16-2016, 10:59 AM
But hey, I didn't start this thread.

Surprised?
i'm not surprised that you already have the most posts in this one

you need another hobby

MultiTroll
03-16-2016, 11:01 AM
C2gr5cO-5is
MMMnnnn white Christian girls
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_99tJ-ejMOyQ/SoiktB6AwNI/AAAAAAAAAWI/SJSgWyiqceU/s400/homer_simpson31.jpg

Blake
03-16-2016, 11:04 AM
i'm not surprised that you already have the most posts in this one

you need another hobby

Like what? Tracking other people's posting habits?

Pass.

spurraider21
03-16-2016, 11:10 AM
:lol god's not dead 2... fittingly comes out on april fools

Avante
03-16-2016, 11:11 AM
What gets me is why so many people worry about all this stuff. If you need a God in your life then have one, if ya don't then don't. To go around all...is there a God...will we go to Heaven....go to Hell.....and on and on....why? We obviously will never know so why waste time on it, yep, like I'm doing right now.

Judy who is a Christian takes this...."I don't care if there is a God and Heaven, I just feel better hopeing there is"...approach. If anyone were to..."come on Judy, prove there is a God"....she would smile and say..."I can't prove anything and really don't care".

Now if there is a Heaven, what do we do there? There is no competition, no need to succeed, no failure, no good times and hard times. So what do Angels do..........hmmmm?

Blake
03-16-2016, 11:18 AM
We obviously will never know so why waste time on it, yep, like I'm doing right now.

So why are you wasting time on it

clambake
03-16-2016, 11:18 AM
thanks for the pedo point of view.

Avante
03-16-2016, 11:20 AM
So why are you wasting time on it

Blake, not today little fella, ok? Not really in a mood to go down there to your level, ok? Now beat it.

clambake
03-16-2016, 11:22 AM
you want blake to beat it?

thats sick, dude.

Blake
03-16-2016, 11:23 AM
Blake, not today little fella, ok? Not really in a mood to go down there to your level, ok? Now beat it.

Why did you waste time replying to me?

Avante
03-16-2016, 11:29 AM
Why did you waste time replying to me?

I pity ya little guy, dead serious. Look at how ya act, sad.

Now get back on the topic, ya worry too much about posters.

Blake
03-16-2016, 11:38 AM
I pity ya little guy, dead serious. Look at how ya act, sad.

Now get back on the topic, ya worry too much about posters.

Why are you wasting time worrying about my worries?

Are you ever gonna answer the op question or just waste time replying to me?

Avante
03-16-2016, 11:42 AM
Why are you wasting time worrying about my worries?

Notice how I came in here talking about the topic, well? Look at yourself Blake, always worried about us/posters, why? If you crawled off my leg we'd never talk, as I've told you. I think you suck, are stupid and a punk/prick...ok?

Now, get back on topic, got it?

Watch this, here he comes again, I gurantee it.

clambake
03-16-2016, 11:44 AM
god was dead in olongopo.

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 11:47 AM
:lol god's not dead 2... fittingly comes out on april fools

Holy shit, I just read the plot of the first one. :cry Evil philosophy prof makes everyone say there is no god on the first day of class or fail. :cry

spurraider21
03-16-2016, 11:48 AM
Holy shit, I just read the plot of the first one. :cry Evil philosophy prof makes everyone say there is no god on the first day of class or fail. :cry
every atheist character in the movie is an asshole and in the one muslim family portrayed, the father is abusive and the daughter converts to christianity :lmao

lefty
03-16-2016, 11:54 AM
YOU WILL SEE

Avante
03-16-2016, 12:00 PM
I don't go looking for it, but I have noticed in my life experiences and I've known/know a lot of people, the atheists are the biggest jerks and punks. And the most mentally weak.

This place a perfect example.

03-16-2016, 12:02 PM
I don't go looking for it, but I have noticed in my life experiences and I've known/know a lot of people, the atheists are the biggest jerks and punks. And the most mentally weak.

So you're an atheist then. ok

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 12:04 PM

Under what system of justice does asking a question about circular logic makes me a bigger jerk than a child rapist?

clambake
03-16-2016, 12:06 PM
lance better hope there aint no god.

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 12:10 PM
I don't understand this argument at all from people who believe in a god and an afterlife. It completely presupposes there is (1) an afterlife and I guess (2) a soul. If there is no afterlife and no soul I don't get how anything is supposed to be revealed to me. If I'm dead so is my brain, I mean I can't run a computer without plugging in the power, how does a brain run without a working heart? It's like saying I can have a conversation with a corpse. You didn't address my objection at all in the locked Kawhi thread, Cowboys_Wear_Spurs, you just claimed it as truth, which is exactly what I was asserting you were saying from the beginning: that you are presupposing an afterlife. That's a really big thing to take as axiom.

pR7e0fmfXGw

Avante
03-16-2016, 12:14 PM
Under what system of justice does asking a question about circular logic makes me a bigger jerk than a child rapist?

What logic? There is no logic with any of this...God/Heaven...talk. It's all about emotions.

My situation was the classic young kid totally ignorant to a world he knew nothing about.

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 12:14 PM

"most mentally weak"

This from someone who pretty much surrendered his own thread on an intellectual topic, and when pressed to defend his own assertions, merely copied and pasted an argument he all but admitted was stupid, rather than spend any time learning about a scientific theory he was criticizing.

Would you say someone who doesn't want to improve his understanding would fall under the definition of "mentally weak"?

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 12:16 PM
What logic? There is no logic with any of this...God/Heaven...talk. It's all about emotions.

My situation was the classic young kid totally ignorant to a world he knew nothing about.

Not really.

There are observable truths about the universe not subject to emotions.

I might be mad about, say, gravity, when I drop something on my foot. That doesn't change the underlying truth of gravitational acceleration.

Thinking otherwise is mentally weak.

Avante
03-16-2016, 12:19 PM
"most mentally weak"

This from someone who pretty much surrendered his own thread on an intellectual topic, and when pressed to defend his own assertions, merely copied and pasted an argument he all but admitted was stupid, rather than spend any time learning about a scientific theory he was criticizing.

Would you say someone who doesn't want to improve his understanding would fall under the definition of "mentally weak"?

We all get this evolution theory situation, it's been talked about from our HS days. We aren't going to be learning anything new. My stance is it's all bullshit....ok? And I made that very clear, the mentally weak simply go with what they are told, like you.

Now, don't turn this thread into your sermon, ok?

Avante
03-16-2016, 12:26 PM
Not really.

There are observable truths about the universe not subject to emotions.

I might be mad about, say, gravity, when I drop something on my foot. That doesn't change the underlying truth of gravitational acceleration.

Thinking otherwise is mentally weak.

Who was talking about the universe? I was talking about GOD/heaven.....as I said.

Blake
03-16-2016, 12:35 PM

Lol mentally weak.

You don't even comprehend what the op was about

Avante
03-16-2016, 12:36 PM
I watched one of my grandpas die. It's a very sad situation. It was..."he only has a little while left"....as he simply faded away, getting weaker day to day. What kept grandma going was her faith in God, it was always.."I'll be ok, he is going to a better place, I'll be with him again".....she really believed that. Now none of us her family would want some atheist..."oh yeah, well can ya prove it, huh huh huh"......what is wrong with these people?

Now when that atheist old man is dying and his atheist old wife are going through that....hmmmm?

Avante
03-16-2016, 12:37 PM
Lol mentally weak.

You don't even comprehend what the op was about

I guaranteeed it and here ya are.....again~~~~~~~ Yep, owned!

Do you really believe this is some complex topic, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT...here ya are AGAIN all worried about a poster....why?

Blake, stick to the topic of a thread, ok?

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 12:40 PM
We all get this evolution theory situation, it's been talked about from our HS days. We aren't going to be learning anything new. My stance is it's all bullshit....ok? And I made that very clear, the mentally weak simply go with what they are told, like you.

Now, don't turn this thread into your sermon, ok?

My stance is you don't understand the theory. I go where the evidence leads.

You think you understand it, and in so doing become a poster child for the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Would you say you understand the theory and the evidence better than average?

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 12:42 PM
Who was talking about the universe? I was talking about GOD/heaven.....as I said.

The universe would include such things, were they to exist.

People make all sorts of claims about both that are directly testable. That allows us to set aside emotion and think critically.

All of those assertions fail.

03-16-2016, 12:44 PM
I watched one of my grandpas die. It's a very sad situation. It was..."he only has a little while left"....as he simply faded away, getting weaker day to day. What kept grandma going was her faith in God, it was always.."I'll be ok, he is going to a better place, I'll be with him again".....she really believed that. Now none of us her family would want some atheist..."oh yeah, well can ya prove it, huh huh huh"......what is wrong with these people?

Now when that atheist old man is dying and his atheist old wife are going through that....hmmmm?

lol as if the only way to handle that situation is by making up fairy tales

how dumb can ya be little man? sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 12:46 PM

Thinking about going to a happy place is comforting to some, who don't really think about the repercussions of eternity, which becomes meaningless upon examination.

What good is the afterlife without the after-afterlife?

Avante
03-16-2016, 12:48 PM
My stance is you don't understand the theory. I go where the evidence leads.

You think you understand it, and in so doing become a poster child for the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Would you say you understand the theory and the evidence better than average?

Why do you think...

Evolution (or the theory of evolution by natural selection) is a scientific theory which states that all living beings in the world are related and are sprung from a common ancestor.

....is so hard to figure out?

Blake
03-16-2016, 12:48 PM
I guaranteeed it and here ya are.....again~~~~~~~ Yep, owned!

Do you really believe this is some complex topic, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT...here ya are AGAIN all worried about a poster....why?

Blake, stick to the topic of a thread, ok?

I've referred you twice now to the op and you are still here just wasting time replying to me.

Avante
03-16-2016, 12:49 PM
The universe would include such things, were they to exist.

People make all sorts of claims about both that are directly testable. That allows us to set aside emotion and think critically.

All of those assertions fail.

Nope~~~

There is nothing logical about believing in your God ot a Heaven, this isn't about logic. Compareit to why you love something, yep...emotions....ok?

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 12:50 PM
http://www.skepticblog.org/wp-content/uploads/Dunning-Kruger.png

Example:

Avante believes he understands the theory of evolution better than average.

When tested on his understanding, cannot demonstrate more than the most basic concepts and often presents arguments that are provable distortions of facts and the theory he is discussing.

Avante then, would fall into the lower quartile category, i.e. those who deceive themselves the most about their own ability, and who are so ignorant of what true expertise on a subject is, fail to recognize such in others, and most especially, the lack of their own ability.

Blake
03-16-2016, 12:50 PM

The mentally weak need to make things up for comfort.

Avante
03-16-2016, 12:51 PM
I've referred you twice now to the op and you are still here just wasting time replying to me.

Ok Blake, since you are one HUGE waste of all our time I'll toss you a bone in...ah....Sept. Until then...see ya~~~~

Blake
03-16-2016, 12:52 PM
Mentally weak old fuck wasting time crapping up a perfectly good fishing thread.

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 12:53 PM
Nope~~~

There is nothing logical about believing in your God [or] a Heaven, this isn't about logic. Compare it to why you love something, yep...emotions....ok?

Love, is, however, real and provable.

You are correct though, unprovable assertions, or believing something is true when it isn't... is not logical.

Such things aren't reasonable.

That much we can agree on.

The problem though, is that many who think such things are real make all sorts of claims about it, and demand others believe in it. You don't do any demanding, to your credit, but you give far too much leeway/credence to those who would.

Avante
03-16-2016, 12:53 PM
http://www.skepticblog.org/wp-content/uploads/Dunning-Kruger.png

Example:

Avante believes he understands the theory of evolution better than average.

When tested on his understanding, cannot demonstrate more than the most basic concepts and often presents arguments that are provable distortions of facts and the theory he is discussing.

Avante then, would fall into the lower quartile category, i.e. those who deceive themselves the most about their own ability, and who are so ignorant of what true expertise on a subject is, fail to recognize such in others, and most especially, the lack of their own ability.

Where did you ever get this weird idea the theory of evolution is some complex ordeal? That amazes me.

Avante
03-16-2016, 12:55 PM

You are correct though, unprovable assertions, or believing something is true when it isn't... is not logical.

Such things aren't reasonable.

That much we can agree on.

The problem though, is that many who think such things are real make all sorts of claims about it, and demand others believe in it. You don't do any demanding, to your credit, but you give far too much leeway/credence to those who would.

You're weird little guy.

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 12:56 PM
Why do you think...

Evolution (or the theory of evolution by natural selection) is a scientific theory which states that all living beings in the world are related and are sprung from a common ancestor.

....is so hard to figure out?

Ok then, what would you expect to find in terms of evidence were this theory to be true?

This is where repeating a definition ends, and understanding begins.

koriwhat
03-16-2016, 12:57 PM

Mostly "atheist" for the pseudo cool points they think they get by claiming to be something they aren't. They bring up religion more than a nun who's been serving 40 yrs.

Here's the answer; we're all "god".

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 12:59 PM
You're weird little guy.

Let's eat grandma.

(google it)

Avante
03-16-2016, 12:59 PM
Ok then, what would you expect to find in terms of evidence were this theory to be true?

What does evoution have to do with this topic? Start your own evolution thread, ok?

I;ve read the books on the evolution thing, ok? Now get back on topic or start your own...got it?

koriwhat
03-16-2016, 01:00 PM

Do you still drool, shit, and piss on yourself like that of a baby? evolution isn't some far fetched theory.

Maybe a couple anthro courses would serve you well.

Avante
03-16-2016, 01:01 PM
Mostly "atheist" for the pseudo cool points they think they get by claiming to be something they aren't. They bring up religion more than a nun who's been serving 40 yrs.

I pity the atheists, they worry too much for one and are the last people you'd want around you as I've seen.

Avante
03-16-2016, 01:02 PM
Let's eat grandma.

(google it)

Nope~~~~~~~

koriwhat
03-16-2016, 01:05 PM

Lmao!

emotion trumps logic...

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 01:08 PM

What does evoution have to do with this topic? Start your own evolution thread, ok?

I;ve read the books on the evolution thing, ok? Now get back on topic or start your own...got it?

"I've read books" isn't an answer to the question.

If you truly understood the theory, and were not mentally weak, you could easily answer the question.

You brought up the concept of someone being "mentally weak", I am merely trying to explore the subject.

Valid, true theories in a scientific sense make predictions about the physical universe. The easiest way to disprove a theory is to show that the predictions it makes are wrong.

Again:
What would you expect to find in terms of evidence were [the theory of evolution] true?

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 01:14 PM
Do you still drool, shit, and piss on yourself like that of a baby? evolution isn't some far fetched theory.

Maybe a couple anthro courses would serve you well.

I would not claim evolution is a far-fetched theory. It is a rather remarkable one, and one of the best-supported scientific theories we have.

Anthro- courses would not really suffice much to learn about evolution directly. Most colleges teach evolution as a mid-level biology course. I never got that far, but did audit the class more than once when my wife was getting her biology degree, simply because it was interesting.

What really got me to learn more though, is arguing with creationists, and evaluating their claims against evidence, which I have been doing, off and on, for more than 20 years.

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 01:16 PM
Nope~~~~~~~

http://shirtigo.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/commassavelives.jpg

... and at that... lunch is up. Back to work.

Avante
03-16-2016, 01:45 PM

If you truly understood the theory, and were not mentally weak, you could easily answer the question.

You brought up the concept of someone being "mentally weak", I am merely trying to explore the subject.

Valid, true theories in a scientific sense make predictions about the physical universe. The easiest way to disprove a theory is to show that the predictions it makes are wrong.

Again:
What would you expect to find in terms of evidence were [the theory of evolution] true?

All I know about the theory of evolution is what I read in a book. What the book was wrong?

Blake
03-16-2016, 01:46 PM

Yeah, it's fun to lol at religion.

Blake
03-16-2016, 01:48 PM
All I know about the theory of evolution is what I read in a book. What the book was wrong?

It's like this thread was meant to lure some ripe bass and yet this ugly stupid fish keeps getting stuck on the line, scaring away the good fish

RD2191
03-16-2016, 01:53 PM
Yeah, it's fun to lol at religion.
So you lol at your own daughter?

03-16-2016, 01:56 PM

:lol

Mitch
03-16-2016, 02:14 PM
Lots of people live by pascals wager

benefactor
03-16-2016, 02:23 PM
Lots of people live by pascals wager
Sad existence tbh...living your whole life scared(and limiting your potential as a person in the process) of something you can't prove exists but you do it anyway because someone told you it does and...you know..."just in case.":lol

Blake
03-16-2016, 02:25 PM

She's not religious, but kids are exempt. I wouldn't laugh at her believing in Santa either.

I laugh at adults like you that want to be Christians and claim evolution isn't real. Stupid people like you crack me up.

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 02:34 PM

Again:

The issue is not what you read in a book. It is whether you actually understand what you read. I do not know what book you are talking about, so I cannot speak to your question, which I can only guess is to deflect the conversation from your ignorance, or if you prefer, "mental weakness".

*If* you understood what you read to any depth, you should be able to easily answer the question, it is very basic. All I have to do to prove my point that you don't understand the theory you criticize is simply show you unable/unwilling to answer the question.

3rd time:

Avante
03-16-2016, 03:28 PM
The issue is not what you read in a book. It is whether you actually understand what you read. I do not know what book you are talking about, so I cannot speak to your question, which I can only guess is to deflect the conversation from your ignorance, or if you prefer, "mental weakness".

*If* you understood what you read to any depth, you should be able to easily answer the question, it is very basic. All I have to do to prove my point that you don't understand the theory you criticize is simply show you unable/unwilling to answer the question.

3rd time:

Understand what? All life forms evolved from a previous lower life forms, wow, complex.

Avante
03-16-2016, 03:33 PM
All those I know who do believe in their God are far better off in life and happier than the ateists I know. Far stronger mentally.

mrsmaalox
03-16-2016, 03:45 PM
I always think of this when I read Avante's posts :)

XTBZr5NnAh0

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 03:52 PM

read the books on the evolution thing, ok?

Again 2nd time:

*If* you understood what you read to any depth, you should be able to easily answer the question, it is [I]very basic. All I have to do to prove my point that you don't understand the theory you criticize is simply show you unable/unwilling to answer the question.

3rd time:

Understand what? All life forms evolved from a previous lower life forms, wow, complex.

So you can't actually demonstrate any understanding. All you can do is simply repeat a definition that you may nor may not ultimately understand. I figure three chances to answer an easy question is enough for anyone.

I guess it is easy to see who is "mentally weak" then.

QED

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 03:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_urvjCXg6c

Avante
03-16-2016, 03:58 PM

XTBZr5NnAh0

I only read you when ya talk about me, otherwise...boring.

I'll stack my knowledge of the world vs yours anyday.

Avante
03-16-2016, 04:02 PM
So you can't actually demonstrate any understanding. All you can do is simply repeat a definition that you may nor may not ultimately understand. I figure three chances to answer an easy question is enough for anyone.

I guess it is easy to see who is "mentally weak" then.

QED

Well let's see, talk to me about them Alabama blues and the first to record from the state or those HBCU sprinters who ran in the Olympics or the first 1000 yard rushers in the old AAFC....ok?

You are confusing mentally weak with lack of interest..ok?

Talk to me about those seven sub10.00 sprinters at TCU...ok?

Avante
03-16-2016, 04:03 PM
I do get a kick out of you little people, ya don't really know shit and it is funny watching ya. You're all so damn limited it's comical.

Blake
03-16-2016, 04:05 PM
Well let's see, talk to me about them Alabama blues and the first to record from the state or those HBCU sprinters who ran in the Olympics or the first 1000 yard rushers in the old AAFC....ok?

Why are you wasting time here still?

Avante
03-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Most people simply want somethinhg other than just....you die you are dead....in their life, so they have it. Bingo~~~~~~~~~~~

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 04:14 PM

XTBZr5NnAh0

That pretty much sums it up. :lol nice clip.

I get criticized a bit for picking on people like him, although occasionally... I get through the fog. One can always hope.

Dunning-Kruger did a follow up study that showed that there is hope, even for the people who over-estimate their abilities. Almost everybody can learn.

Blake
03-16-2016, 04:17 PM
Most people simply want somethinhg other than just....you die you are dead....in their life, so they have it. Bingo~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, you've said that already, over and over. Why are you still wasting time

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 04:20 PM

(shrugs)

Another desperate attempt to deflect, and very predictable.

It always goes like this:

Avante: I'm really smart, other people are dumb.
Other: Well, what about [issue that requires actual critical thinking]?
Avante: You really aren't very smart are you?
Other: I guess, now can you answer [question that requires critical thinking]?
Avante: Let's talk about some narrow topical facts I have memorized.

(rolls eyes)

Happens.
Every.
Single.
Time.

Fucking poser.

Avante
03-16-2016, 04:21 PM
That pretty much sums it up. :lol nice clip.

I get criticized a bit for picking on people like him, although occasionally... I get through the fog. One can always hope.

Dunning-Kruger did a follow up study that showed that there is hope, even for the people who over-estimate their abilities. Almost everybody can learn.

And just how many subjects can I school you in, hmmmmmmm?

RandomGuy
03-16-2016, 04:22 PM
And just how many subjects can I school you in, hmmmmmmm?

None that matter, kid, none that matter.

(shakes head, wanders off)

Avante
03-16-2016, 04:25 PM
(shrugs)

Another desperate attempt to deflect, and very predictable.

It always goes like this:

Avante: I'm really smart, other people are dumb.
Other: Well, what about [issue that requires actual critical thinking]?
Avante: You really aren't very smart are you?
Other: I guess, now can you answer [question that requires critical thinking]?
Avante: Let's talk about some narrow topical facts I have memorized.

(rolls eyes)

Happens.
Every.
Single.
Time.

Fucking poser.

I think it's more like...

you...I'm into evolution.
Avante...but can ya talk literature, NFL football, track, rock n' roll, body building, the movies?
Avante..how about, boxing, basketball, NCAA football, blues, R&B
you...I'm into evolution

Dude, you are so limited it's comical.

Avante
03-16-2016, 04:28 PM
None that matter, kid, none that matter.

(shakes head, wanders off)

Translation

Yep, you have a far wider range of interests than I do, but....I know evolution.

benefactor
03-16-2016, 04:30 PM

XTBZr5NnAh0
:lol...perfect.

Oh, and prime Jamie Lee Curtis.:tu

Avante
03-16-2016, 04:33 PM
You can sure tell those I've out smarted, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginobilly
03-16-2016, 04:33 PM
This is how I understand the theory of creation/evolution: A white hole fucked a black hole and squirted it's primordial cum. Boom creation! Then bacteria arose from primordial dirt pools on the earth. It gave life to bacteria. From Bacteria to fungus. fungus gave birth to plants. Plants gave birth to Fish. Fish to reptiles. Then lastly reptiles gave birth to mammals/Humans. That's the theory of evolution in a nut shell.

Avante
03-16-2016, 04:35 PM
This is how I understand the theory of creation/evolution: A white hole fucked a black hole and squirted it's primordial cum. Boom creation! Then bacteria arose from primordial dirt pools on the earth. It gave life to bacteria. From Bacteria to fungus. fungus gave birth to plants. Plants gave birth to Fish. Fish to reptiles. Then lastly reptiles gave birth to mammals/Humans. That's the theory of evolution in a nut shell.

Pretty much, now is that some complexity or what, ha~~~~~~~~ These freaks who try to make it out to be some real complex ordeal.....why?

Blake
03-16-2016, 04:37 PM
Pretty much, now is that some complexity or what, ha~~~~~~~~ These freaks who try to make it out to be some real complex ordeal.....why?

Why are you wasting time here?

Avante
03-16-2016, 05:11 PM
Just tell this Blake freak....see ya~~~ and ya have the boy hooked, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brazil
03-16-2016, 05:22 PM
Like what? Tracking other people's posting habits?

Pass.

:lol I lol'ed tbh

RandomGuy
03-17-2016, 08:04 AM
I think it's more like...

Avante...but can ya talk literature, NFL football[sports], track[sports], rock n' roll[music genre], body building[sports], the movies?
Avante..how about, boxing[sports], basketball[sports], NCAA football[sports], blues[music genre], R&B [music genre]
you...I'm into evolution

Dude, you are so limited it's comical.

(sighs)

You brought up people being "mentally weak".

Evolution was merely the topic used to demonstrate that in you. Do keep up.

What makes it funnier is that your response to being called out on being mentally weak was to accuse someone else of being topically limited then prattle off a narrow list of topics you think you know a lot about, but most of which are "sports".

:lmao

Po-
ser.

RandomGuy
03-17-2016, 08:23 AM
Avante...but can ya talk literature, NFL football, track, rock n' roll, body building, the movies?
Avante..how about, boxing, basketball, NCAA football, blues, R&B

But, hey, I ain't scairt.

I will humor you. You have yet to demonstrate the ability to do anything that resembles critical thinking in areas that *I* know about. What I see is merely an ability to parrot what you have read, pretty much what anyone would consider "mentally weak". I would be willing to bet that you probably can't do much better in the areas of knowledge *you* know about. Critical thinking is a skill, not an ability to memorize facts.

Pick one topic. Whatever you like, and we can go down the (shallow) rabbit hole of your ability to think and reason, and I'll take a week to brush up. I like learning new things.

Then we can talk a bit more, and you can wow us all with your abilities.

Avante
03-17-2016, 10:20 AM
(sighs)

You brought up people being "mentally weak".

Evolution was merely the topic used to demonstrate that in you. Do keep up.

What makes it funnier is that your response to being called out on being mentally weak was to accuse someone else of being topically limited then prattle off a narrow list of topics you think you know a lot about, but most of which are "sports".

:lmao

Po-
ser.

Like everyone else I was introduced to the evolution theory in school, didn't think much of it. Sorta like the opera, ballet, I get it but it doesn't interest me. So I can't talk about the great opera singers and dancers brecause.....I don't care. Ok, ya with me? That is...LACK OF INTEREST...which Has nothing to do with being mentally anything, ok rookie?

When it comes to my interests I can hang with anyone in the world, trust me.

You really see things evolving as taking some critical thinking to grasp the concept, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Avante
03-17-2016, 10:23 AM
But, hey, I ain't scairt.

I will humor you. You have yet to demonstrate the ability to do anything that resembles critical thinking in areas that *I* know about. What I see is merely an ability to parrot what you have read, pretty much what anyone would consider "mentally weak". I would be willing to bet that you probably can't do much better in the areas of knowledge *you* know about. Critical thinking is a skill, not an ability to memorize facts.

Pick one topic. Whatever you like, and we can go down the (shallow) rabbit hole of your ability to think and reason, and I'll take a week to brush up. I like learning new things.

Then we can talk a bit more, and you can wow us all with your abilities.

You are not humoring me little guy, ok? I'm simply putting up with you...ok?

Yep, you have this evolution thing down, cool. I have about a dozen topics totally down, ok?

clambake
03-17-2016, 10:41 AM
which of those topics reveals your character?

Blake
03-17-2016, 10:51 AM
You are not humoring me little guy, ok? I'm simply putting up with you...ok?

Yep, you have this evolution thing down, cool. I have about a dozen topics totally down, ok?

Lol a dozen.

Avante
03-17-2016, 11:15 AM
Lol a dozen.

How about...

sprinting...could coach it
body building...could be a trainer
blues...could teach the history of the music
NFL football
NCAA football
Pro rasslin'
history of the movies
the origins of Islam
the sci fi novel
the sword & sorcery novel
county music...the origins
rock & roll...the origins
the western novel

My home library is immense, well over 10,.000 books, everything mentioned above I own all the info needed to have those topics totally covered and I've read them all. Am a bobybuilder, x-sprinter, footballer.

Blake
03-17-2016, 11:20 AM
Lol so limited.

Avante
03-17-2016, 11:30 AM
Lol so limited.

I can take you to school on all those, you disagree? And, everyone here.

I would win any trivia contest, you disagree?

RandomGuy
03-17-2016, 11:30 AM
Like everyone else I was introduced to the evolution theory in school, didn't think much of it. Sorta like the opera, ballet, I get it but it doesn't interest me. So I can't talk about the great opera singers and dancers brecause.....I don't care. Ok, ya with me? That is...LACK OF INTEREST...which Has nothing to do with being mentally anything, ok rookie?

When it comes to my interests I can hang with anyone in the world, trust me.

You really see things evolving as taking some critical thinking to grasp the concept, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

That is your problem. You don't grasp the concept. All you can do is repeat the definition.

You understand it about as well as your average fucking parrot.

"Squawk, evolution is...."

Yet when you are asked to think about what you say you understand... you can't. (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258339&page=3&p=8480592&viewfull=1#post8480592)

The ONLY conclusion is that you don't understand, despite lying to me/yourself about it, and probably can't really do anything resembling critical thinking, even in the things you do understand. Because if you truly could think critically, you could do it about anything, not just the topics you think you know best.

Dunning-Kruger effect to a T.

Avante
03-17-2016, 11:37 AM
That is your problem. You don't grasp the concept. All you can do is repeat the definition.

You understand it about as well as your average fucking parrot.

"Squawk, evolution is...."

Yet when you are asked to think about what you say you understand... you can't.

The ONLY conclusion is that you don't understand, despite lying to me/yourself about it, and probably can't really do anything resembling critical thinking, even in the things you do understand. Because if you truly could think critically, you could do it about anything, not just the topics you think you know best.

Dunning-Kruger effect to a T.

What more can be said about evolution than all living things evolved from a lower life form? Where does that critical thinking come in?

Dude, why do yoiu have so few interests, you seem so limited.

RandomGuy
03-17-2016, 11:38 AM

Memorizing is not the same as being able to think and reason.

I had a lot of Chinese classmates who were aces at memorizing things, that was how they got into grad school in the US. Yet the first time they had to actually apply reasoning to something, they floundered. It as a bit sad, because they were so unprepared for it.

That is the American competitive advantage.

http://neatoday.org/2014/11/25/deeper-learning-moving-students-beyond-memorization-2/

When Memorization Gets in the Way of Learning
http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2013/09/when-memorization-gets-in-the-way-of-learning/279425/

Weak.

Avante
03-17-2016, 11:40 AM
Memorizing is not the same as being able to think and reason.

I had a lot of Chinese classmates who were aces at memorizing things, that was how they got into grad school in the US. Yet the first time they had to actually apply reasoning to something, they floundered. It as a bit sad, because they were so unprepared for it.

That is the American competitive advantage.

http://neatoday.org/2014/11/25/deeper-learning-moving-students-beyond-memorization-2/

When Memorization Gets in the Way of Learning
http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2013/09/when-memorization-gets-in-the-way-of-learning/279425/

Weak.

Are you capable of talking about anything other that evolution and this sort of bullshit? Do you have any other interests?

Blake
03-17-2016, 11:40 AM

Maybe. don't know, don't care.

This thread thread isn't about any of those things. Do you disagree?

:lol :lol :lol

You're an idiot. I doubt you could win any real trivia contest with prizes on the line.

RandomGuy
03-17-2016, 11:41 AM
What more can be said about evolution than all living things evolved from a lower life form? Where does that critical thinking come in?

Dude, why do yoiu have so few interests, you seem so limited.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258339&page=3&p=8480592&viewfull=1#post8480592

Already answered. That is the point of critical thinking. The topic is ultimately irrelevant.

Blake
03-17-2016, 11:42 AM
Are you capable of talking about anything other that evolution and this sort of bullshit? Do you have any other interests?

Start a new thread about your favorite things. If nobody wants to talk to you about yard sale music you found, tough shit.

Avante
03-17-2016, 11:43 AM
Maybe. don't know, don't care.

This thread thread isn't about any of those things. Do you disagree?

:lol :lol :lol

You're an idiot. I doubt you could win any real trivia contest with prizes on the line.

You won;'t be finding anyone I can't beat in a trivia contest little guy, trust me. And anyone talking frosh RB's APC shouldn;'t be calling anyone an idiot, ok?

RandomGuy
03-17-2016, 11:44 AM

Politics.
Economics.
Finance
Insurance.
Military History.
Geopolitics.
World History.
Current Military Affairs.
Psychology.
Biology.
Physics.
Chemistry.
Accounting.
Law.
Cognition and human brain.

Probably missing something.

Blake
03-17-2016, 11:44 AM
How about...

sprinting...could coach it
body building...could be a trainer
blues...could teach the history of the music
NFL football
NCAA football
Pro rasslin'
history of the movies
the origins of Islam
the sci fi novel
the sword & sorcery novel
county music...the origins
rock & roll...the origins
the western novel

My home library is immense, well over 10,.000 books, everything mentioned above I own all the info needed to have those topics totally covered and I've read them all. Am a bobybuilder, x-sprinter, footballer.

The funny thing is that you're on a San Antonio Spurs messageboard. A place where you would get waxed on NBA/Spurs trivia.

Avante
03-17-2016, 11:46 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258339&page=3&p=8480592&viewfull=1#post8480592

Already answered. That is the point of critical thinking. The topic is ultimately irrelevant.

It's like this...

Mars is a planet, as is Saturn, yep, up there somewhere.

Now, that really is all I need or care to know about it, I can't tell you anymore than that because.....I DON'T CARE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok?

Blake
You won;'t be finding anyone I can't beat in a trivia contest little guy, trust me. And anyone talking frosh RB's APC shouldn;'t be calling anyone an idiot, ok?

Well, as was asked you before by I think chumpdumper, why aren't you trying out for Jeopardy

RandomGuy
I guess I could also add philosophy, as a fairly recent addition. Logic as a subdiscipline, especially as it applies to reason, and computer programming.

Blake
03-17-2016, 11:47 AM
It's like this...

Mars is a planet, as is Saturn, yep, up there somewhere.

Now, that really is all I need or care to know about it, I can't tell you anymore than that because.....I DON'T CARE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok?

Yet here you are.

RandomGuy
03-17-2016, 11:47 AM
The funny thing is that you're on a San Antonio Spurs messageboard. A place where you would get waxed on NBA/Spurs trivia.

That is why I try to stay out of most basketball discussions. I know my limits. Good to read, but generally not my schtick.

RandomGuy
03-17-2016, 11:49 AM
Math maybe. Statistics and its uses are fascinating. Again, more of a secondary reading interest, although professionally, I do have to use statistics and actuarial expertise. Hard to talk to an actuary if you aren't on the ball when it comes to math.

Avante
03-17-2016, 11:50 AM

As I wax everyone in all those topics I mentioned and....

tv
music in general
world history
US history
Art

Dude, all this time and ya still fight it, why? You really haven't figured out by now I know a lot of stuff....well?

Avante
03-17-2016, 11:51 AM
Math maybe. Statistics and its uses are fascinating. Again, more of a secondary reading interest, although professionally, I do have to use statistics and actuarial expertise. Hard to talk to an actuary if you aren't on the ball when it comes to math.

Can you talk anything anyone else would be interested in?

You don't appear to know anything.

Avante
03-17-2016, 11:53 AM
Yet here you are.

That made no sense.

RandomGuy
03-17-2016, 01:27 PM
Can you talk anything anyone else would be interested in?

You don't appear to know anything.

:sleep

Avante
03-17-2016, 01:30 PM
:sleep

So ya like to criticize others but when they criticize you ya come up with that, hahaha!!!!!!!

Little man, talk to me about music, ok? Who do ya listen to and why, ok? So who is your favorite football team and why? Who do ya read, well?

The classic....you can sure dish it out, but ya can't take it.

Blake
03-17-2016, 01:37 PM
As I wax everyone in all those topics I mentioned and....

tv
music in general
world history
US history
Art

Dude, all this time and ya still fight it, why? You really haven't figured out by now I know a lot of stuff....well?

I haven't figured out why you're wasting time here when nobody is talking about all that stuff.

You don't even know why you're here. You're an idiot.

Blake
03-17-2016, 01:40 PM
That made no sense.

You want to brag that you know track and field better than anyone here.

....in a philosophy of god thread.....on a basketball message board.

You're retarded. Literally.

Avante
03-17-2016, 02:07 PM
You want to brag that you know track and field better than anyone here.

....in a philosophy of god thread.....on a basketball message board.

You're retarded. Literally.

Who talks basketball on this forum and do I really need to show you all the times you totally ignored the topic of a thread to do your prick routine, well?

Go to my Derrick Henry thread, there ya are acting retarded as usual.

Blake
03-17-2016, 03:14 PM
Who talks basketball on this forum and do I really need to show you all the times you totally ignored the topic of a thread to do your prick routine, well?

Go to my Derrick Henry thread, there ya are acting retarded as usual.

Yeah I take a shot every now and then when I see it.

You spam almost every thread you enter with the same retarded track, music and :cry but I'm not a pedo :cry routine.

It's so old and pathetic. And fat and stupid.

Avante
03-17-2016, 03:24 PM
Yeah I take a shot every now and then when I see it.

You spam almost every thread you enter with the same retarded track, music and :cry but I'm not a pedo :cry routine.

It's so old and pathetic. And fat and stupid.

So why tell me shit when you do what you were criticizing me for, well?

And, is it me talking all that pedo crap or others?

I do try to talk about a topic about as much as you do, then some jerk like you takes off acting stupid..THEN...I counter punch.

I'm as bored with all that pedo bullshit as you are yet there ya are playing along....why?

Why not tell all those freaks totally ignoring my stance on that sick shit...

Blake...hey stupid, ya can't read? Avante told you his stance on this, so why ignore it?

Well? So why play along instead?

clambake
03-17-2016, 03:28 PM
THEN...I counter punch.

is this a sick way to say you sexually assault your cabinets?

Avante
03-17-2016, 03:55 PM
is this a sick way to say you sexually assault your cabinets?

Let's talk about you, ok?

So what do ya do? Married?

baseline bum
03-17-2016, 06:53 PM
Let's talk about you, ok?

So what do ya do? Married?

He does bitches 18 and above you fucking pedo.

clambake
03-17-2016, 07:10 PM
lol

Avante
03-17-2016, 08:25 PM
He does bitches 18 and above you fucking pedo.

So how do you know this? And, you haven't read my stance on sick as pedos? Ya shoot the sick fucks, ok?

baseline bum
03-17-2016, 08:27 PM
So how do you know this? And, you haven't read my stance on sick as pedos? Ya shoot the sick fucks, ok?

You'd probably get courtmarshalled for shooting your fellow soldiers.

Avante
03-17-2016, 08:35 PM
You'd probably get courtmarshalled for shooting your fellow soldiers.

All this time and ya still haven't figured out I was in the navy? Sailors, ok?

Stupid, nobody I ever saw in any bar over there was interested in any kids, ok? Now think ya dumb fuck, a room full of full grown women with tons of experience and ya are looking for some under developed know nothing kid, just how damn stupid are you slick?

baseline bum
03-17-2016, 08:39 PM
All this time and ya still haven't figured out I was in the navy? Sailors, ok?

Stupid, nobody I ever saw in any bar over there was interested in any kids, ok? Now think ya dumb fuck, a room full of full grown women with tons of experience and ya are looking for some under developed know nothing kid, just how damn stupid are you slick?

Olangapo is full of 14 year olds with lots of experience, you fucking sex criminal.

Avante
03-17-2016, 09:01 PM
Olangapo is full of 14 year olds with lots of experience, you fucking sex criminal.

Why just rattle off stupid shit ya fucking idiot. So these bars hired 14year olds to hustle drinks, right? The drinking age was 18 stupid, now thnk ya dummy, ok?

Dude, I would choke a sick ass pedo to death, nothing more disgusting that a sick ass pedo, now you can't read? Why just foam at the mouth guy, why ignore my stance on this sicik shit?

bigzak25
03-19-2016, 01:45 AM
Gentleman. I can personally attest. God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all present and accounted for. If you have not felt them, you should seek them out. There is no feeling in this world like living a life of victory with the lord at your side, each and every day. You will shine like a bright light...and all your loved ones will benefit from your enhanced ability to love...and laugh...and seek joy and advancement at every opportunity. This spiritual growth is of course a process, and in my case, I was put through the fire, metaphorically speaking, and molded into the man I was meant to be my whole life. My journey is just beginning. Life is day by day. Nothing is promised. But I tell you, every day is the greatest day of my life. Six months ago, I was contemplating jumping off the overpass at 281 & 1604. God and my love for my sons saved my life. I have a long way to go yet, and I'll be making my share of mistakes, but I will pick myself up quickly and just keep learning...keep striving for success in every facet of my life. I want to write a book one day...but my story is not complete...I still have dreams and goals unfulfilled, and I'll just keep working to do better than the day before. Don't lose yourself in silly philosophical arguments. To be truly happy...you must put you faith in God and let go. That doesn't mean just let life happen to you. It means to let go of your pride and self righteousness. Be humble and obedient. Be willing to learn, and be molded as if you were a child once again. It is true Joy my spurstalk brethren. Good luck to you and may Godbless you and your families. And of course...Go Spurs!

Blake
03-19-2016, 08:33 PM
Good deal, hope every thing continues to work out for you.

Avante
03-19-2016, 08:39 PM
Gentleman. I can personally attest. God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all present and accounted for. If you have not felt them, you should seek them out. There is no feeling in this world like living a life of victory with the lord at your side, each and every day. You will shine like a bright light...and all your loved ones will benefit from your enhanced ability to love...and laugh...and seek joy and advancement at every opportunity. This spiritual growth is of course a process, and in my case, I was put through the fire, metaphorically speaking, and molded into the man I was meant to be my whole life. My journey is just beginning. Life is day by day. Nothing is promised. But I tell you, every day is the greatest day of my life. Six months ago, I was contemplating jumping off the overpass at 281 & 1604. God and my love for my sons saved my life. I have a long way to go yet, and I'll be making my share of mistakes, but I will pick myself up quickly and just keep learning...keep striving for success in every facet of my life. I want to write a book one day...but my story is not complete...I still have dreams and goals unfulfilled, and I'll just keep working to do better than the day before. Don't lose yourself in silly philosophical arguments. To be truly happy...you must put you faith in God and let go. That doesn't mean just let life happen to you. It means to let go of your pride and self righteousness. Be humble and obedient. Be willing to learn, and be molded as if you were a child once again. It is true Joy my spurstalk brethren. Good luck to you and may Godbless you and your families. And of course...Go Spurs!

That sures beats the hell out of...."I believe in nothing, no faith in anything, no hope of anything"

little girl....so is Joey in doggie heaven now daddy?
daddy....nope, he's just dead.

The Reckoning
03-20-2016, 08:28 AM
sounds like someone conquered the 12 step program