PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Robert Horry: I Would Take Duncan Over Kobe; Pop Over Phil

BatManu20
03-16-2016, 01:31 PM
Big Shot Bob knows.

:flag:

03-16-2016, 01:43 PM
“I’ve seen first-hand, where they would lose to us in practice, and he wouldn’t talk to us for two or three days,” Horry said of Bryant.

:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:c ry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry :cry:cry:cry:cry

What a fucking faggot, LMAO!!! :lmao

Killakobe81
03-16-2016, 01:47 PM
Kobe and Horry aren't cool it seems based on various comments but is this even news worthy?
Pop over Phil is a no brainer especially if you are talking strategy ...and Tim over Kobe is not news breaking either.
8>12 Horry is just falling in line with lots of others.
Isn't it more news worthy if someone other than current players or fans choose Kobe?

Brazil
03-16-2016, 02:00 PM
A winner picking winners... yup pretty normal

benefactor
03-16-2016, 02:13 PM
Kobe and Horry aren't cool it seems based on various comments but is this even news worthy?
Pop over Phil is a no brainer especially if you are talking strategy ...and Tim over Kobe is not news breaking either.
Isn't it more news worthy if someone other than current players or fans choose Kobe?
Probably more newsworthy than Cedric and Naruto following around Tim Duncan's girlfriend on instagram and coming here to report what they did or didn't do on Valentine's.

Killakobe81
03-16-2016, 02:39 PM
Even though Bryant and Duncan have each won five titles, Horry would pick Duncan if the goal is to bring home a Larry O’Brien trophy.

“Not saying that you can’t win them with Kobe, but Tim is that guy that’s going to be that rock, that consistency,” Horry said.

That was just one of the popular debate topics Horry spoke openly and honestly about. Another was which one of his former coaches he preferred — Gregg Popovich or Phil Jackson.

“I would rather play for Pop,” said Horry, who played for Popovich from 2003-08. “The thing that I’d say best about Pop is he would curse you out, (but) he treats everybody the same on the team, whether you’re a starter or the 12th man.

“He knows how to leave things in the gym because he’s a true believer in family. And that’s what you are when you’re on a team — you’re family. You’ll get in arguments at times, but at the end of the day, I’ve still got nothing but love for you, and I’m going to let it go. A lot of coaches don’t know how to do that, and they’ll hold grudges for a long time.”

Nothing wrong with what he said ... says you can win with both but would rather have Timmy ...
It's actually Phil he is taking shots at look at the bolded ...

SupremeGuy
03-16-2016, 02:50 PM
What fucking dumbshit would take kirby and philol over Timmy and Pop?

HI-FI
03-16-2016, 03:34 PM
A winner picking winners... yup pretty normal
Cosigned

spurraider21
03-16-2016, 03:42 PM
most clutch shooter in lakers history dropping nukes

DeRozan m8
03-16-2016, 04:01 PM
“I’ve seen first-hand, where they would lose to us in practice, and he wouldn’t talk to us for two or three days,” Horry said of Bryant.

:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:c ry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry :cry:cry:cry:cry

What a fucking faggot, LMAO!!! :lmao

LOL I wonder if Kobe being such a faggot explains faggots like kool & buddy

Twisted_Dawg
03-16-2016, 04:24 PM
Probably more newsworthy than Cedric and Naruto following around Tim Duncan's girlfriend on instagram and coming here to report what they did or didn't do on Valentine's.

What is Cedrick's last name? Williams?

DMC
03-16-2016, 04:36 PM
You seem to think something about a guy named Michael Jordan who hasn't played in over a decade and a half is newsworthy but your retiring hero? Couldn't be.

If it wasn't you wouldn't be here trying to shush the crowd.

Chris
03-16-2016, 05:04 PM
Thread get in here and :downspin: this shit :lol

DMC
03-16-2016, 05:34 PM
Thread: He's an ass, but without Horry we're staring up your tailpipe

/thread

Killakobe81
03-16-2016, 05:41 PM
most clutch shooter in lakers history dropping nukes

Not true ...but close. I think Fisher and west have more clutch shots but they also played more years probably Kobe too. But Horry's daggers vs Sacramento was bigger than .4, West half-court shot in the finals, even more than the Artest dagger vs the Celts. Only the Magic baby skyhook was a bigger shot than Horry's tbh. And that was only because it was vs the Celts in the NBA finals.

spurraider21
03-16-2016, 05:52 PM
a half court heave isn't clutch, its good fortune (unless you're somebody who actually practices that shit like curry)

Silver&Black
03-16-2016, 05:54 PM
The Lakers fan ITT:

"Is this even news worthy?" -------> Proceeds to take it more seriously than anybody else ITT.

Thread
03-16-2016, 05:54 PM
Thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320) get in here and :downspin: this shit :lol

I don't have to spin it. I don't do testimonials.

It's my religion.

03-16-2016, 05:59 PM
So now we care about ex player's opinions? :rolleyes

Thread
03-16-2016, 06:01 PM
So now we care about ex player's opinions? :rolleyes

Your people have always put great stock in such meanderings. It's the piss pot in 'em.

Killakobe81
03-16-2016, 06:04 PM
The Lakers fan ITT:

"Is this even news worthy?" -------> Proceeds to take it more seriously than anybody else ITT.

Who is taking it seriously?:lol

Thebesteva
03-16-2016, 07:55 PM

I disagree strongly with the Pop over Phil comment. Phil owned Pop for a reason with the exception of that injury year where Shaq and Kobe were just not right. Pop is a fucking legend but lets not get carried away here.

Also, yes, if I'm building a team then I definitely will go with Duncan over Kobe because of Kobe's antics but they're very close legacy wise.

Also on a side note, I saw Rob at Ralphs of all places (grocery store in So Cal) and the dude is unreal tall man...looks like something out of a comic book.

Killakobe81
03-16-2016, 08:01 PM
I disagree strongly with the Pop over Phil comment. Phil owned Pop for a reason with the exception of that injury year where Shaq and Kobe were just not right. Pop is a fucking legend but lets not get carried away here.

Also, yes, if I'm building a team then I definitely will go with Duncan over Kobe because of Kobe's antics but they're very close legacy wise.

Also on a side note, I saw Rob at Ralphs of all places (grocery store in So Cal) and the dude is unreal tall man...looks like something out of a comic book.

1. I said if talking strategy. Phil was excellent with egos and giving his team freedom. But sometimes like in 2004 that shit blows up plus he couldnt integrate a great PG like Gp

2. Agree that legacy wise it is close i have always said that Kobe was slightly ahead 2008-2010 now Tim has forged ahead both great players

3. Yes i have seen him up close being realtively thin also makes him look tall but none of these dudes not even Shaq compares size wise to Yao

Killakobe81
03-16-2016, 08:02 PM
Saw yao at an airport talked to hom briefly his head is massive like some type of alien and his legs were like tree trunks.

Thread
03-16-2016, 08:04 PM
Saw yao at an airport talked to hom briefly his head is massive like some type of alien and his legs were like tree trunks.

Probably mistaken-ed him for my MIL.

ambchang
03-16-2016, 08:06 PM
I believe horry also said Olajuwon was the best out of the three alpha he played with. I don't agree with that though, I'd take Duncan over Olajuwon to build a team.

As for Duncan over Kobe all duh. The difference between the legacies of Duncan and Kobe is about as wide as Duncan and Amy.

Phil vs pop is a tough one. If you have huge egos to manage, it's Phil all the way. If it's building a team and a culture, pop wins the battle.

03-16-2016, 08:23 PM
Your people have always put great stock in such meanderings. It's the piss pot in 'em.
It sure is, and it makes me sick to see it. We're above it.

Killakobe81
03-16-2016, 08:30 PM
I believe horry also said Olajuwon was the best out of the three alpha he played with. I don't agree with that though, I'd take Duncan over Olajuwon to build a team.

As for Duncan over Kobe all duh. The difference between the legacies of Duncan and Kobe is about as wide as Duncan and Amy.

Phil vs pop is a tough one. If you have huge egos to manage, it's Phil all the way. If it's building a team and a culture, pop wins the battle.

Hakeem was a beast but to be fair hakeem was the only one he played with in their absolute prime except shaq. Kobe hadnt reached his and although duncan was a beast still timmy was at his best right before horry came tbh at least physically he was beter passer and smarter at that time though

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 08:36 PM
Not true ...but close. I think Fisher and west have more clutch shots but they also played more years probably Kobe too. But Horry's daggers vs Sacramento was bigger than .4, West half-court shot in the finals, even more than the Artest dagger vs the Celts. Only the Magic baby skyhook was a bigger shot than Horry's tbh. And that was only because it was vs the Celts in the NBA finals.

West was a loser, 1-8 in the Finals with stacked supporting casts.

Thread
03-16-2016, 08:40 PM

It's true. He was scared shitless. He was only preserved because he's white.

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 08:43 PM
It's true. He was scared shitless. He was only preserved because he's white.

Indeed. I couldn't believe watching tape of Game 7 of the 1970 Finals at Madison Square Garden and the Knick fans cheered for his white ass while booing everyone else in intros.

DMC
03-16-2016, 08:51 PM

While you tout Kobe's stat line during his 4th consecutive non-playoff season.

Thebesteva
03-16-2016, 08:51 PM
1. I said if talking strategy. Phil was excellent with egos and giving his team freedom. But sometimes like in 2004 that shit blows up plus he couldnt integrate a great PG like Gp

2. Agree that legacy wise it is close i have always said that Kobe was slightly ahead 2008-2010 now Tim has forged ahead both great players

3. Yes i have seen him up close being realtively thin also makes him look tall but none of these dudes not even Shaq compares size wise to Yao

Have u seen Horry in person lately? He's sort of let himself go and looks huge. He was with some really ugly white girl...I was assuming a publicist or manager or something. They were casually talking at Ralphs and walking around. You could see his head clearly as he walked from aisle to aisle...surreal. Wish I had my phone on me...one of the rare times I accidentally left it in my car...even though apparently everyone I talk to has seen him working out at YMCA or at some local mall.

With that said, that guy is a legend, not sure what is issue is with Kobe buts its obvious he doesnt like him. I heard Kobe is a huge dickhead in person anyway, its kind of obvious. This may or may not be true but one of my buddies whose a very straight shooter works at the Hilton in Downtown and he tests smoke detectors and he said Kobe came at him at 10 pm with security and said,"WTF r u mother fuckers doing at 10 pm making noise? My daughters are trying to sleep in the room." He was stunned, he didnt even know who Kobe Bryant was as he's relatively new to this country. One of his coworkers told him that's Kobe Bryant, a famous player. He just told me it was very disturbing the way Kobe talked to him.

As I get older and older its hard for me to really root for any of these athletes, the majority of them are scum tbh.

DMC
03-16-2016, 08:52 PM
Horry doesn't matter because he's not attractive.

My Pinoy cousin tests smoke detectors at midnight

ambchang
03-16-2016, 08:57 PM
Hakeem was a beast but to be fair hakeem was the only one he played with in their absolute prime except shaq. Kobe hadnt reached his and although duncan was a beast still timmy was at his best right before horry came tbh at least physically he was beter passer and smarter at that time though

I said alphas. Kobe clearly doesn't belong in the conversation.

Thread
03-16-2016, 09:10 PM
While you tout Kobe's stat line during his 4th consecutive non-playoff season.

What has that got to do with the subject matter at hand?

100%duncan
03-16-2016, 09:35 PM
Winner chose a winner. Next.

DMC
03-16-2016, 09:39 PM
Please

Splits
03-16-2016, 09:39 PM

Ripe, coming from you of all people.

:cry they were selling your shit :cry

Thread
03-16-2016, 09:44 PM
Ripe, coming from you of all people.

:cry they were selling your shit :cry

They were selling your shit.

Splits
03-16-2016, 09:45 PM
They were selling your shit.

Q.E.D

Thread
03-16-2016, 09:47 PM
Q.E.D

Your surrender is duly noted.

Splits
03-16-2016, 09:50 PM
Your surrender is duly noted.

Uh uh, I just nailed your ass to the tree of woe. Deal with it.

Thread
03-16-2016, 09:56 PM
Uh uh, I just nailed your ass to the tree of woe. Deal with it.

You surrendered. It's duly noted.

Splits
03-16-2016, 09:56 PM
You surrendered. It's duly noted.

Bend over, I'll show you a fucking surrender

Killakobe81
03-16-2016, 10:49 PM

Not as stacked as what he faced ...

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 10:59 PM
Not as stacked as what he faced ...

Baylor + West + Chamberlain is less stacked than Frazier + DeBusschere + 5 minutes of Willis Reed on one leg?

Killakobe81
03-17-2016, 12:21 AM
Baylor + West + Chamberlain is less stacked than Frazier + DeBusschere + 5 minutes of Willis Reed on one leg?

Not that year talking vs Celts

DMC
03-17-2016, 01:14 AM
Bend over, I'll show you a fucking surrender
Careful I see the tears welling up in his eyes, he's about to quit again.

Benoit
03-17-2016, 02:19 AM
Dirk Nowitzki- Kobe is the best player of his generation
Dwyane Wade- Kobe is the best player of this generation
Tony Parker and Pop- Kobe is the MJ of this generation
Charles Barkley- Kobe is top 5 all time

Reck
03-17-2016, 02:20 AM
Players who know their shit call it like it is.

I think that if you were to poll NBA players who have played with or against Timmy and Bryant the results would be tilt one way heavily toward Duncan.

Clearly the best teammate and best at his craft. None of which Kobe can claim.

Benoit
03-17-2016, 02:30 AM
Players who know their shit call it like it is.

I think that if you were to poll NBA players who have played with or against Timmy and Bryant the results would be tilt one way heavily toward Duncan.

Clearly the best teammate and best at his craft. None of which Kobe can claim.

lmao who are all the players that said Duncan was the best of his era??

Lebron is the only one and hes obviously biased against Mamba

Reck
03-17-2016, 02:46 AM
lmao who are all the players that said Duncan was the best of his era??

Lebron is the only one and hes obviously biased against Mamba

Look man, the only reason you have some players saying Kobe was the MJ of our generation are obviously pandering to him on his farewell tour.

They were put in a position where they had to say something nice about him. It wasn't a natural response born out of a genuine conversation. They were asked.

Also, no one is comparing Kobe to Duncan.......yet.

Once that talk starts up in the media and other places you will see who the people think who did what better. Just wait for it. :lol

Thread
03-17-2016, 04:27 AM
Careful I see the tears welling up in his eyes, he's about to quit again.

You're behaving yourself fine. No need for that.

jacobdrj
03-18-2016, 10:18 AM
I'd take Tim and Phill.

Phill is the best and most balanced coach (tactics and strategy) I've ever been lucky enough to watch, closely followed by Rick Carlisle.

If I needed an ego manager it would be A) PJax, B) Rick Adleman.
If I needed a great tactician, A) Rick Carlisle, B) PJax

Now, I haven't been lucky enough to follow Warrior basketball, but Kerr might be another good tactician, but we need a larger sample size...

PJax proved his all around skill to me when he took over for Rudy T... Same payers, almost upset a top seed in the playoffs, where Rudy was incapable of handling the team. And I give Rudy more credit than most coaches...

Pop is an enigma to me. I love that he rests players, and that he is defense first, basically espousing Eastern Conference basketball in the Western Conference to great success. But he seems to loose his mind some times in game, not calling timeouts, putting people in his dog house seemingly without game cause, and making highly questionable rotations... And then come back with a Carlislesque brilliant play in the middle. Certainly a coach that is better than not, and works well with Tim, but I am not convinced he could have worked with another player as his alpha.

The only other coaches I had ever coveted for my own team were Larry Bird (who I now believe was benefitting from having Carlisle on his staff) and Jim O'Brien, who has since burned out. Avery Johnson also had promise, but also burnt out...

Killakobe81
03-18-2016, 10:29 AM
I'd take Tim and Phill.

Phill is the best and most balanced coach (tactics and strategy) I've ever been lucky enough to watch, closely followed by Rick Carlisle.

If I needed an ego manager it would be A) PJax, B) Rick Adleman.
If I needed a great tactician, A) Rick Carlisle, B) PJax

Now, I haven't been lucky enough to follow Warrior basketball, but Kerr might be another good tactician, but we need a larger sample size...

PJax proved his all around skill to me when he took over for Rudy T... Same payers, almost upset a top seed in the playoffs, where Rudy was incapable of handling the team. And I give Rudy more credit than most coaches...

Pop is an enigma to me. I love that he rests players, and that he is defense first, basically espousing Eastern Conference basketball in the Western Conference to great success. But he seems to loose his mind some times in game, not calling timeouts, putting people in his dog house seemingly without game cause, and making highly questionable rotations... And then come back with a Carlislesque brilliant play in the middle. Certainly a coach that is better than not, and works well with Tim, but I am not convinced he could have worked with another player as his alpha.

agree that RC is da shit ...
Phil was solid on tactics but I think he was more a "principles" and guidelines guy.
Pop to me is more a tactician. Sure he likes to go in mad scientist mode but still think he and RC are the best coaches I have ever watched from day2day strategy. living in SA and DFW backto2back was a real treat for a former coach like myself.
Riles also deserves some respect here but like Phil I think they are more principles and guidelines types. But because they have suchhuge egos and are great leaders themselves they work wellw ith stars and EVERYONE falls in line bcause both have a REAL presence as coaches. Even refs are intimidated.

I just think Pop embodies more of everything above better than anyone else. Maybe RC is better at strategy and Phil with egos but Pop gives you the best of both.

jacobdrj
03-18-2016, 10:42 AM
I have a bit of a love hate relationship with Riles... I feel that he has historically been slimey, and a cheater as far back as the 80s... I think he was a horrible HORRIBLE game manager as a coach for the Knicks and his first stint with the Heat... But he is also the only NBA coach I have ever seen evolve and change... He was a legitimately adequate game manager in the Shaq/Wade years, actually figured out how to use hack-a-shaq properly... (With a lead, not trying to catch up)...