And he works for the Lakers right now :lol

dabom
03-16-2016, 01:43 PM

gambit1990
03-16-2016, 01:47 PM
:lol

too bad they didn't ask him if he'd start patty over parker.

Mugen
03-16-2016, 01:48 PM
So would anybody that isn't a complete retard.

Hell, half the people on this board are mongoloids and they'd still take Timmy tbh:lol

Kawhitstorm
03-16-2016, 01:51 PM
Ultimately, he would take Hakeem over anyone.:wakeup

HarlemHeat37
03-16-2016, 01:58 PM
Always love Horry's quotes about being "clutch"..great POV on basketball, tbh..

Sean Cagney
03-16-2016, 02:24 PM
the anti-bonner

^^^^^^

MI21
03-16-2016, 04:11 PM
One of my very favorite Spurs ever. The Spurs could use his post entry passing right now. Watching Danny Green enter the ball to Kawhi and LMA is painful.

tmtcsc
03-16-2016, 04:15 PM
Soon after he retired, he said Rudy T was his favorite coach. He let the players be themselves and freelance more. He also said Hakeem was the best BIG he ever played with. He hates the Lakers for letting him go and not re-signing him. He was bitter with the Spurs too. I'm not sure who his allegiances are with.

And yes - One of my all time favorites too. He came to play on the biggest stage.

TDomination
03-16-2016, 04:16 PM
Wasn't there a weird spat going on between Horry and Spurs a few years ago?

I can't remember very clearly but I remember him saying some negative things about our organization a few years back but honestly I can't remember what it was.

Either way, its nice to hear him speak some truth.

I will never forget Game 5 in 2005 against the Pistons.

MultiTroll
03-16-2016, 04:53 PM
Quite simply the point of view from a man who knows basketball in Horry vs Fanboi Entertainment Phans. Which includeds

Either way, its nice to hear him speak some truth.

I will never forget Game 5 in 2005 against the Pistons.

The left handed jam where he took off just inside the ft line. :toast

DMC
03-16-2016, 04:57 PM
Before this thread I thought Tim was just another role player overhyped, but now I realize he's better than Kobe.

rmt
03-16-2016, 05:01 PM
Soon after he retired, he said Rudy T was his favorite coach. He let the players be themselves and freelance more. He also said Hakeem was the best BIG he ever played with. He hates the Lakers for letting him go and not re-signing him. He was bitter with the Spurs too. I'm not sure who his allegiances are with.

And yes - One of my all time favorites too. He came to play on the biggest stage.

To be fair to TD, Horry played with Hakeem and Shaq during their MVP years and with Duncan after when Pop started to limit his minutes.

Obstructed_View
03-16-2016, 05:28 PM
Sounds like Horry's finally forgiven Pop for smallball.

Spurs1234
03-16-2016, 07:12 PM
Yeah after he was let go by Spurs I think he had hard feelings towards pop mostly. Not sure why it's not like anyone else picked him up.

bklynspursfan
03-16-2016, 08:30 PM
Horry thinks Bryant, who announced he will retire at the end of this season, will be remembered for his competitiveness, something that was both good and bad.

“I’ve seen first-hand, where they would lose to us in practice, and he wouldn’t talk to us for two or three days,” Horry said of Bryant. “"It's debated on how people are going to look at him, but at the end of the day, I think he was a great basketball player and he brought a lot to the NBA. He shined a light on the NBA that was almost as bright as Michael Jordan’s light.”

Wtf Kobe :lol

100%duncan
03-16-2016, 09:32 PM
:worthy:

Spurtacular
03-16-2016, 09:44 PM

Ice009
03-16-2016, 09:50 PM

I thought I read that he hated the Lakers for lying to him before letting him go, he would have preferred the Lakers be honest with him as they thought he was done, but they didn't tell him that. Apparently they strung him along I think I read. Then when Pop let him go, he told him the truth that he thought he was done and Horry didn't like that either. I think Horry still wanted to play, but I don't think anyone else wanted to pick him up because Pop told them the truth if they called to ask. He can't have it both ways. Not sure if all that info is correct, I read it somewhere a few years back. Can't remember where.

sasaint
03-16-2016, 09:52 PM
Ultimately, he would take Hakeem over anyone.:wakeup

And didn't he also pick Rudy T over Pop?

NameLess Scrub
03-16-2016, 09:57 PM
He was in Kenny Smith's podcast and picked Rudy as said by tmtcsc.

He also picked Hakeem but I don't think he was given Timmy as a choice. I think he chose over Shaq and Kobe.

Mixed feelings here. Liked him with the Rockets (when he was more than big shot bob), hated him with the Lakers.

Benoit
03-17-2016, 02:16 AM
lmao its a San Antonio website and interview

Of course hes going to pick Duncan over Kobe when talking to Spurs fans

If this interview was for an LA website he would say Kobe

Most of their peers would take Kobe

Slomo
03-17-2016, 06:42 AM

The left handed jam where he took off just inside the ft line. :toast

And the panic in his eyes when he realized he was being very ambitious. I still don't really know how he made it to the rim :lol

What a game though...

cariocaz
03-17-2016, 06:43 AM
Big Shot Bob knows.

:flag:
A great read. Thanks!

tmtcsc
03-17-2016, 09:34 AM
And the panic in his eyes when he realized he was being very ambitious. I still don't really know how he made it to the rim :lol

What a game though...

He made it. Barely, but he made it. That was one of the best games I've ever seen a Spur play. Not in total, but when it came to crunch time (entire 4th quarter). It was no secret that at the end of his career, Horry didn't give 100% effort during the regular season. He showed up in the playoffs but he underachieved as far as how good he could have been. He was still a huge factor in all of his team's success. Coaches may have called him lazy but I'd argue he was efficient. He knew his teammates would get him to the dance and then he could shine.