PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Loves Whataburger

Ruler
03-16-2016, 03:45 PM
I work at Whataburger at the Rim in San Antonio. It's right off IH-10, an exit before the Dominion.

He's been in three times this week: the night before the OKC game, then saturday night after the game, and today at 2:30pm. I was only there for today's visit, where he was driving a light brown escalade with super dark windows, and a grey Audi R8 the other two times.

My coworker and I were talking, why does he eat whataburger? Im sure he's got his own chef, and when you come through Whataburger during down times you dont always get as good of a burger. Hm.

Havnt heard or seen of any other players except Parker some time a while back, before I worked there.

MarCowMar
03-16-2016, 03:55 PM
Whataburger, Wingstop... It's horrifying to think these athletes, with all their wealth and connections, haven't developed an enjoyment of well-made, healthy food.

Budkin
03-16-2016, 03:57 PM
What did he order? Maybe he wanted one of those Buffalo Ranch Chicken Strip sandwiches. Those things are amazing.

Obi Juan Kenobi
03-16-2016, 03:57 PM
I don't blame him...its Whataburger...

MI21
03-16-2016, 03:58 PM
I tried Whataburger for the first time after seeing the adverts for years on Spurs broadcast etc. That shit is disgusting, tbh :lol

philldafunk
03-16-2016, 04:00 PM
Those Patty Melts are like crack

coachmac87
03-16-2016, 04:04 PM
That Buffalo Ranch Chicken Strip Sandwich tho..:

TXstbobcat
03-16-2016, 04:08 PM
I went through whataburger withdrawals when I moved away from Texas

BatManu20
03-16-2016, 04:10 PM
Don't blame him. Whataburger is the tits.

tmtcsc
03-16-2016, 04:11 PM
Give me Burger Boy or Murf's any day. Dem crinkle fries though. More Whataburgers around make them a good second choice.

DeRozan m8
03-16-2016, 04:12 PM
Is this like one of those HEB threads?
Did Tim drop some sauce or some shit?

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 04:14 PM
I tried Whataburger for the first time after seeing the adverts for years on Spurs broadcast etc. That shit is disgusting, tbh :lol

CROFL prepare for lots of butthurt from the forum

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 04:16 PM
I work at Whataburger at the Rim in San Antonio. It's right off IH-10, an exit before the Dominion.

He's been in three times this week: the night before the OKC game, then saturday night after the game, and today at 2:30pm. I was only there for today's visit, where he was driving a light brown escalade with super dark windows, and a grey Audi R8 the other two times.

My coworker and I were talking, why does he eat whataburger? Im sure he's got his own chef, and when you come through Whataburger during down times you dont always get as good of a burger. Hm.

Havnt heard or seen of any other players except Parker some time a while back, before I worked there.

You didn't hear the story about when the Magic were recruiting him in 2000? They had this elaborate dinner spread setup for him and Grant Hill and Duncan said he didn't want to eat any of that fancy shit and sent someone to go pick him up two bacon cheeseburgers from Wendy's for their big dinner meeting. :lol

TDomination
03-16-2016, 04:18 PM
Whataburger fries with their ketchup. Mmmmmm thats where its at.

Their honey butter chicken biscuit breakfast sandwich. Heck Yes

Their burgers.... meh and overpriced.

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 04:19 PM
Oh wait, it was a lunch spread, not dinner. From former Magic VP Pat Williams:

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/tim-duncan-loves-wendys-fastfood/22724

With Tim … we had a good read on him, and we knew he would have been highly offended if we had a ticker-tape parade through town or put him on a float and rolled him through Disney World with Mickey and Minnie. We wanted to have a situation that was more low-key, more suited to his personality.

We tried to take care of every detail. Hotel room, car service, all first-class. We had cold cuts out, for lunch. We had a buffet, and Tim didn’t like what we had. He really wanted Wendy’s. So we hustled to get someone out there for some Wendy’s. All the studying we did, we did not know he liked Wendy’s. You really have to know your target, I guess.

MI21
03-16-2016, 04:19 PM
CROFL prepare for lots of butthurt from the forum

:lol

It's not even me being an elitist food snob faggot :cry I never eat anything but quinoa :cry - I just thought it tasted gross.

On the other hand, I tried Barbacoa at a restaurant and that shit was incredible.

UZER
03-16-2016, 04:21 PM
Not a shocker. An appropriate thread would be "_______ doesn't like Whataburger"

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 04:22 PM

It's not even me being an elitist food snob faggot :cry I never eat anything but quinoa :cry - I just thought it tasted gross.

On the other hand, I tried Barbacoa at a restaurant and that shit was incredible.

Yeah barbacoa is fucking amazing. Gotta have it with Big Red though to be a real beetus-having San Antonian tbh.

apalisoc_9
03-16-2016, 04:22 PM
Better than cold mcdonalds thats for sure...

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 04:24 PM

If you really want to piss San Antonians off tell them how much better In N Out is than Whataburger.

philldafunk
03-16-2016, 04:26 PM

spurs10
03-16-2016, 04:31 PM
I tried Whataburger for the first time after seeing the adverts for years on Spurs broadcast etc. That shit is disgusting, tbh :lol Now that's down right Un-American...or at least Un- Texan! :lol

I went through whataburger withdrawals when I moved away from Texas That but being away from Mexican food is worse when I'm traveling.

Don't blame him. Whataburger is the tits. :bobo

BatManu20
03-16-2016, 04:43 PM
I work at Whataburger at the Rim in San Antonio. He's been in three times this week

Timmy in a couple years when he's not running miles on a weekly basis.

http://i67.tinypic.com/35bbdhw.png

MI21
03-16-2016, 04:53 PM
If you really want to piss San Antonians off tell them how much better In N Out is than Whataburger.

I loved In N Out, tbh :lol

Is it in SA?

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 04:55 PM

Is it in SA?

Yeah, on the I-35 access road just past Walzem Road on the NE side of town. It's right before 410. If you want to go there take I-35 north from downtown, get off at the Walzem Rd exit, and I think it's right at the corner (I should really remember this shit since I went there for lunch two days ago :lol).

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 04:58 PM
In-N-Out Burger  
Address: 8202 N. IH-35, Windcrest, TX 78239
Phone:(800) 786-1000
Hours: Open today · 10:30AM–1AM

MI21
03-16-2016, 05:01 PM
Yeah, on the I-35 access road just past Walzem Road on the NE side of town. It's right before 410. If you want to go there take I-35 north from downtown, get off at the Walzem Rd exit, and I think it's right at the corner (I should really remember this shit since I went there for lunch two days ago :lol).

denzel.gif

Chris
03-16-2016, 05:06 PM
He was ordering food for Porker

Blake
03-16-2016, 05:13 PM

Oh you put Tim's head on Dejuan's body

Russ
03-16-2016, 05:19 PM

This Angelino knows that's an untrue statement.

So there.

Obstructed_View
03-16-2016, 05:26 PM
I had a whataburger the other day for the first time in several years. Thought it tasted the same as always, and I enjoyed it. Definitely missed the fries and the ketchup, which they must put some kind of drug into. Expensive as shit. Costs the same as Smashburger which is far better, IMO.

Brazil
03-16-2016, 05:32 PM
:lol whataburger like most of the fast foods are terrible food tbh....

RD2191
03-16-2016, 05:39 PM
Permaban

bic50
03-16-2016, 05:48 PM

Made me more curious then pissed me off :lol. Tried the one on 1604 culebra. It was meh

Budkin
03-16-2016, 06:09 PM
That Buffalo Ranch Chicken Strip Sandwich tho..:

Yes that's what I'm saying... so good!

TheGreatYacht
03-16-2016, 06:10 PM
Whose mans is this? :lol

Budkin
03-16-2016, 06:10 PM
I had a whataburger the other day for the first time in several years. Thought it tasted the same as always, and I enjoyed it. Definitely missed the fries and the ketchup, which they must put some kind of drug into. Expensive as shit. Costs the same as Smashburger which is far better, IMO.

I love their fries and especially the ketchup, it's got a lot of vinegar in it.

LakerHater
03-16-2016, 06:12 PM
In-N-Out Burger  
Address: 8202 N. IH-35, Windcrest, TX 78239
Phone:(800) 786-1000
Hours: Open today · 10:30AM–1AM:vomit:

Dex
03-16-2016, 06:19 PM
Whataburger, Wingstop... It's horrifying to think these athletes, with all their wealth and connections, haven't developed an enjoyment of well-made, healthy food.

I am sure they have. These are people who eat with Pop on the reg, after all.

Sometimes tho...you just need a fast food fix. And if anyone can get away with it, it's professional athletes who probably burn thousands of calories every day.

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 06:19 PM
This Angelino knows that's an untrue statement.

So there.

Boo. Get a milkshake at both places and tell me with a straight face that mix crap Whataburger uses is better than the real ice cream in In N Out's.

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 06:22 PM

Yeah fucking Whataburger is expensive as shit, I could almost go to Chris Madrid's for Whataburger prices. But it does murder the real dregs of fast food like Burger King and McDonalds.

Spur|n|Austin
03-16-2016, 06:24 PM
What did he order? Maybe he wanted one of those Buffalo Ranch Chicken Strip sandwiches. Those things are amazing.

Don't blame him. Whataburger is the tits.

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 06:27 PM
Should have just pissed on the Alamo instead, MI21. Now you have angered every fat bastard in town tbh.

Arcadian
03-16-2016, 06:28 PM

What did you order, tbh? Try the BBQ chicken strip sandwich next time.

What does Tim get, OP?

Ron Swanson
03-16-2016, 06:28 PM
Bacon Cheese Whataburger with grilled onions and jalapenos. Tastes so good, make you wanna slap yo mama.

SouthernFried
03-16-2016, 06:29 PM
Give me Burger Boy or Murf's any day. Dem crinkle fries though. More Whataburgers around make them a good second choice.

I cried when Murf's on San Pedro closed. Are the other locations still open?

That was the best fast food burger in town. Whataburger is still good tho, I buy their Mustard from HEB. That mustard is damn good.

ManuTastic
03-16-2016, 06:30 PM
Please stop eating that crap Timmy! We need you healthy for the playoffs! Not hospitalized with e. coli

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 06:31 PM

They're the people who owned Whopper Burger, right? Fuck you Burger King for buying them out so you could bring the worst burger in America to San Antonio.

SouthernFried
03-16-2016, 06:33 PM
Burger King is the worst...that smells the best. Walk in because of the smell. Walk out picking the grizzliest meat-like substance from your teeth the rest of the day.

Russ
03-16-2016, 06:37 PM
Boo. Get a milkshake at both places and tell me with a straight face that mix crap Whataburger uses is better than the real ice cream in In N Out's.

To paraphrase the old joke about the bear and the hunter:

I don't go there for the milkshakes.

SpursforSix
03-16-2016, 06:40 PM
Bacon Cheese Whataburger with grilled onions and jalapenos. Tastes so good, make you wanna slap yo mama.

I don't need a burger to slap your mom.

bigfan
03-16-2016, 06:46 PM
When I was working in bizarre places all over the world I would have paid a thousand dollars for a double with cheese and jalapenos.

Mugen
03-16-2016, 06:47 PM
I've never had Whataburger but I know it isn't better than In N Out tbh :lol

ginobilized
03-16-2016, 06:50 PM
I bet he was feeding his kiddos

Ruler
03-16-2016, 07:25 PM
Nah this is a legit thread fam. I know the day before the OKC game my friend cooked his burger. Today I was working in the dining room when my coworker ran inside from B lane screaming "I just served Tim Duncan!" and some dude goes "Who's Tim Duncan" smh

Every time he comes he always looks "really tired" which makes sense. I mean the man is an athlete for a living, I don't blame him. Then again this is the same guy saying this who doesn't know him, and Timmy sometimes has a natural 1000 yard stare sometimes.

I can't believe how often he frequents out establishment. I work at store 1008, if you want more proof I'll post a pic of my uniform.

mingus
03-16-2016, 07:27 PM

Seriously, I couldn't give less of a fuck which one anyone thinks is better, but I&O, at least when I had it for the first time (& only) in SA, was a HUGE disappointment. Gimme a Whataburger any day over that piece of shit.

mingus
03-16-2016, 07:33 PM
Nah this is a legit thread fam. I know the day before the OKC game my friend cooked his burger. Today I was working in the dining room when my coworker ran inside from B lane screaming "I just served Tim Duncan!" and some dude goes "Who's Tim Duncan" smh

Every time he comes he always looks "really tired" which makes sense. I mean the man is an athlete for a living, I don't blame him. Then again this is the same guy saying this who doesn't know him, and Timmy sometimes has a natural 1000 yard stare sometimes.

I can't believe how often he frequents out establishment. I work at store 1008, if you want more proof I'll post a pic of my uniform.

At the end of the day, he's just a normal dude who just happens to be incredibly gifted. That's the vibe he's always given off.

Guy needs to eat. You're acting like the motherfuka is your pal with this wanting to give "proof" shit. You work at Whataburger, Tim happens to like Whataburger. Cool story.

Ruler
03-16-2016, 07:37 PM
What the hell are you talking about? I never said he was my "pal". I said one of my buddies made him a burger. It doesn't seem like there's a ton of people from SA on the forum and I thought it was funny he eats so much junk, just like a normal person (seeing as how he's paid to be in shape).

I didn't want this to turn into the H-E-B tbread bs. Some of you people on here are so damn cynical.

ElNono
03-16-2016, 07:38 PM
are we getting Koolaid threads upstairs now? :lol

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 07:40 PM
I think that's pretty cool op is posting about serving Duncan. No one jumped on Findog's ass when he mentioned running into James Donaldson at a whorehouse, it's cool to see the players can be normal everyday guys in some ways tbh.

mingus
03-16-2016, 07:45 PM

Yeah, it is. Most people I know prefer Whatburger over it. Even the ones who don't have some retarded emotional attachment to it since they didn't grow up in Texas and eat it.

mingus
03-16-2016, 07:47 PM
I think that's pretty cool op is posting about serving Duncan. No one jumped on Findog (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=4387)'s ass when he mentioned running into James Donaldson at a whorehouse, it's cool to see the players can be normal everyday guys in some ways tbh.

No doubt. But it's just funny he thinks he needs to provide proof.

Agloco
03-16-2016, 07:48 PM
Lol In and Out burgers are crap, fries are pretty good though.

Variety is severly lacking there.

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 07:50 PM
Lol In and Out burgers are crap, fries are pretty good though.

Variety is severly lacking there.

You're dead to me ag. It's like if you told me to study biology when I had a physics question to ask. smh ag

DMC
03-16-2016, 07:52 PM
OP you can get fired for disclosing your clientele online tbh. Then you'd have to cross the street to work at the McDonalds.

DMC
03-16-2016, 07:54 PM
Like an ass crack with cheese.

The reason stars use fast food is obvious, no crowd in the drivethru.

SpursforSix
03-16-2016, 07:56 PM

In N Out is the Kobe Bryant of burger places.

DMC
03-16-2016, 07:57 PM
Permaban
Whataburger is terrible. Dry ass tasteless crap with mustard and shredded lettuce. Even in HS coming from a shithole town with no fast food at all I couldn't eat one. That's bad.

tmtcsc
03-16-2016, 08:19 PM
I cried when Murf's on San Pedro closed. Are the other locations still open?

That was the best fast food burger in town. Whataburger is still good tho, I buy their Mustard from HEB. That mustard is damn good.

Try the Burger Boy on St. Mary's street. You'll swear its undercover Murf's. Working Man Special!

http://media0.trover.com/T/4f764e2a8185df36c7000135/fixedw_large_4x.jpg

houston spurs fan
03-16-2016, 08:31 PM
OP you can get fired for disclosing your clientele online tbh. Then you'd have to cross the street to work at the McDonalds.
Maybe op is that guy who used to work for Blockbuster that would come on here and talk about what Tim bought from his location. Lateral career move...

dabom
03-16-2016, 08:34 PM
I get the monterey melt. :toast

UNT Eagles 2016
03-16-2016, 08:39 PM

There's also the one by my neck of the woods, near Sea World, around 1604 and Ellison/Wiseman area on the far west side.

And the guy who said it's blasphemy to say that In N Out > Whataburger isn't correct. Whataburgers will always have a few people eating there all the time, but you had to stand in line 10-15 minutes just to get a seat (much less actually order something) the last time I went to In N Out... shit is packed with over 100 peeps at a time, I'm not kidding. It's like going to a restaurant on the riverwalk on a Saturday night

UNT Eagles 2016
03-16-2016, 08:43 PM
In N Out: $2.99 for a double meat, double cheese burger

Whataburger: over $4 for a single

I'm not big on In N Out's Animal Style thing... but their burgers are superior. The beef is a bit rarer and tastier overall. I do like Whataburger, but for their other entrees and fries rather than their burgers. In N Out burgers, though, >>>>>>

Mnky
03-16-2016, 08:45 PM
Even when it desperately trying to watch what I eat... if I go out on the weekends.. I'll always end up at whataburger at 4 a.m... :depressed

They are over priced tho.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-16-2016, 08:49 PM
Burger King is the worst...that smells the best. Walk in because of the smell. Walk out picking the grizzliest meat-like substance from your teeth the rest of the day.
Really? I always thought the inside of BK smelled like used diapers, tbh.

Arcadian
03-16-2016, 08:50 PM
Yeah, fuck in n out burger. So overrated.

To be fair though, Whataburger doesn't taste as good now that I've raised my standards to Hopdoddy.

Darius McCrary
03-16-2016, 08:57 PM
As long as his LDL is below 100 WGAF

phxspurfan
03-16-2016, 09:15 PM
Even if I was a NBA superstar I'd be all over Chick Fil A and Raising Canes tbh

SpursforSix
03-16-2016, 09:25 PM
Taquitos at 2:am in a drunken stupor put Whataburger over the top IMO.

SpursforSix
03-16-2016, 09:27 PM
You mean, I can have a cheeseburger or a honey BBQ chicken sandwich OR potato egg and cheese taquitos at 3 in the morning??? And I don't have to get out of my car??? Fuck yes. Please.

RD2191
03-16-2016, 09:27 PM
Shit, a BOB after a night of partying is a little slice of heaven. :lol

SpursforSix
03-16-2016, 09:28 PM

Lol. That sounds homo.

SpursforSix
03-16-2016, 09:29 PM

Do you savor BOB when you put him in your mouth?

RD2191
03-16-2016, 09:30 PM
Do you savor BOB when you put him in your mouth?
Breakfast on a bun, assface.

100%duncan
03-16-2016, 09:45 PM
Only ordered those chicken stuff in Whataburger. Schilo's burgers tho ughhh

SpursforSix
03-16-2016, 10:01 PM
Breakfast on a bun, assface.

I know what it it scooter boy. But I know enough not to say I enjoy a Bob after a night of partying.

Spurtacular
03-16-2016, 10:07 PM
Haven't had Whataburger for years; cos they don't have em where I live. Do they still have Chicken strips w/gravy and fries? That was my fav, tbh.

Ice009
03-16-2016, 10:11 PM

I thought Tim completely changed his diet a few years ago and doesn't eat that stuff anymore. I mean, unless he's just breaking his diet for a bit, doesn't make sense that he'd be eating that stuff regularly. I hope he's not.

Can you compare it to something in Australia? lol, I was always wondering myself what some of that stuff is like after watching the advertisements during Spurs games online too.

Splits
03-16-2016, 10:13 PM
I thought Tim completely changed his diet a few years ago and doesn't eat that stuff anymore. I mean, unless he's just breaking his diet for a bit, doesn't make sense that he'd be eating that stuff regularly. I hope he's not.

OMG TIM MUST BE RETIRING!!!11

ajh18
03-16-2016, 10:16 PM
Had the chance to try In-and-Out and Shake Shack during the same week this summer. I thought Shake Shack was much better.

Also a big fan of Bobby's Burger Palace. Definitely pricey but worth it.

When I'm home, I still like Chesters. Best burger? Not sure, but tastes like home.

benefactor
03-16-2016, 10:17 PM
I think that's pretty cool op is posting about serving Duncan. No one jumped on Findog's ass when he mentioned running into James Donaldson at a whorehouse, it's cool to see the players can be normal everyday guys in some ways tbh.
:lol...I had forgotten all about that. Nice memory.

Ice009
03-16-2016, 10:32 PM

How often are we talking about here. I'm very surprised if he's eating there as often as you make it out to be. I recall reading articles where Pop said that Tim really watches what he eats and puts into his body the past few years. It doesn't sound like it at all anymore. Unless he's had enough of it ;).

:lol...I had forgotten all about that. Nice memory.

Who is James Donaldson? lol, sounds like a funny story.

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 10:38 PM

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-on/2012/04/16/kajx-large.jpg

SpursforSix
03-16-2016, 10:43 PM
How often are we talking about here. I'm very surprised if he's eating there as often as you make it out to be. I recall reading articles where Pop said that Tim really watches what he eats and puts into his body the past few years. It doesn't sound like it at all anymore. Unless he's had enough of it ;).

It's a funny story if only for the fact that someone recognized James Donaldson.

SpursforSix
03-16-2016, 10:44 PM
http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-on/2012/04/16/kajx-large.jpg

And why doesn't anyone work on a sky hook. Shit...if Leonard had this weapon.

ismael-robert
03-16-2016, 10:49 PM
Op still hasn't answered the million dollar question. ..the proof we all want is what the heck he ordering?!

hater
03-16-2016, 10:53 PM
These athletes burn about 10,000 calories a day. Wake up. A tripke bacon cheeseburger is absolutely nothing to them

hater
03-16-2016, 10:55 PM
Btw havent had a burger in a while. Around here they have this place called dice burger. After yiu order you roll the dice and can get free shit :lol

thanks for posting OP

SpursforSix
03-16-2016, 10:56 PM
These athletes burn about 10,000 calories a day. Wake up. A tripke bacon cheeseburger is absolutely nothing to them

This. No shit.

Kindergarten Cop
03-16-2016, 11:44 PM
I just had my first taste of Whataburger this evening. The family and I are in town to attend tomorrow's Spurs/Blazers game. The honey barbecue chicken sandwich was amazing - and the spicy ketchup was a nice twist also.

8FOR!3
03-16-2016, 11:45 PM

Looks more Chris Madrid's than Whataburger.

mbass
03-16-2016, 11:49 PM

Is that Tim's body on Barkley's body???

Keepin' it real
03-17-2016, 12:28 AM
Yeah, fuck in n out burger. So overrated.

To be fair though, Whataburger doesn't taste as good now that I've raised my standards to Hopdoddy.

Agree that in and out burger is overrated. But disagree on hopdoddy. Way overpriced and trendy.

Mugen
03-17-2016, 12:33 AM
I always crack up at the In N Out is overrated critiques. It's cheap as fuck and they use fresh ingredients. Not sure what else you'd expect from a fast food joint tbh :lol

If you're a big fat person that doesn't mind spending $10-15 on fast food then yeah I guess Whataburger is better....

illusioNtEk
03-17-2016, 12:37 AM
Lol tim can eat 10 triple meats and still school all of you here..

Robz4000
03-17-2016, 12:42 AM

You'd be surprised tbh.

Arcadian
03-17-2016, 12:43 AM
Agree that in and out burger is overrated. But disagree on hopdoddy. Way overpriced and trendy.

Heh, I'm pretty into the "craft burger/taco" scene. I like the choices and variety of flavors.

MI21
03-17-2016, 12:44 AM
Mugen, you always bring the goods tbh

Robz4000
03-17-2016, 12:46 AM
Also, I know I just contributed to this thread, but...

:lol debating fast food restaurants
:lol Amerifats

stewarth21
03-17-2016, 12:53 AM

I'll be in SA next week, just googled it and it's near my hotel. I know where I am going first thing!!!

Mugen
03-17-2016, 12:54 AM
Also, I know I just contributed to this thread, but...

:lol debating fast food restaurants
:lol Amerifats

:lol I don't really eat that much fast food anymore but it's my duty as an American and Southern Californian to contribute tbh.

Mugen
03-17-2016, 12:55 AM
Mugen (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15519), you always bring the goods tbh

Mah man. :toast

Darius McCrary
03-17-2016, 12:58 AM

Dude it cost me just shy of 10 dollars to get a whataburger with cheese and jalapenos meal. SMHHHHHHH

T Park
03-17-2016, 01:33 AM
Had the chance to try In-and-Out and Shake Shack during the same week this summer. I thought Shake Shack was much better.

Also a big fan of Bobby's Burger Palace. Definitely pricey but worth it.

When I'm home, I still like Chesters. Best burger? Not sure, but tastes like home.

I went to Flay's place in Vegas and came away unimpressed.

Chris Madrid's is still the king of the land

rmt
03-17-2016, 03:57 AM
Oh wait, it was a lunch spread, not dinner. From former Magic VP Pat Williams:

Island folks don't like COLD food. No deli slices - hot chicken pieces, please. And no turkey - still can't get used to that taste.

Kikoluna
03-17-2016, 05:03 AM
How is it my knicks are going to win thread got scratched and this made it. I don't understand the logic.

polandprzem
03-17-2016, 05:32 AM
:lol whataburger like most of the fast foods are terrible food tbh....

yup, and it did surprised me that TD east that when it was said he has a clean diet

polandprzem
03-17-2016, 05:34 AM

Chris Madrid's is still the king of the land

Hey are you still as fat as you was? Any changes in that department?

Slomo
03-17-2016, 06:38 AM

Totally agree that place is a rip off.

I only tried Whataburger once (and it's been a while) and thought it was a good burger. Not exceptional but better than most of the big mega brands.

Harry Callahan
03-17-2016, 08:08 AM
Try the Burger Boy on St. Mary's street. You'll swear its undercover Murf's. Working Man Special!

http://media0.trover.com/T/4f764e2a8185df36c7000135/fixedw_large_4x.jpg

That sign looks like it might be 40-50 years old. Never heard of this place but I haven't lived in SA since I was a little kid. Must be good if its been around forever.

Harry Callahan
03-17-2016, 08:11 AM
I'm a Whataburger fan for sure.

Smashburger is a winner too.

In and Out is OK on the burger, but for some reason the fries as just average to me.

I won't go out of my way to go to In and Out, even though they have a decent number of locations in the DFW area.

Ice009
03-17-2016, 08:13 AM
Island folks don't like COLD food. No deli slices - hot chicken pieces, please. And no turkey - still can't get used to that taste.

Yeah, I thought I read that Tim didn't like the cold cuts. That was his main issue with the spread they had for him. Now that you've said Island folks don't like cold food, that makes complete sense why he didn't want any of the cold cuts.

Chinook
03-17-2016, 08:14 AM

Is it in SA?

I've never had a more disappointing burger experience than In-N-Out. And I've had Steak & Shake.

Chinook
03-17-2016, 08:16 AM

Yeah, Bobby opened up a burger place in front of the Radian on Penn's campus. I only went because one my friends literally didn't talk to me for a week after I told him I didn't care for Flay's food. Total waste of money. Didn't even get to try a shake, as I didn't have another eight bucks to shell out or however much it was.

Harry Callahan
03-17-2016, 08:17 AM
I've never had a more disappointing burger experience than In-N-Out. And I've had Steak & Shake.

Steak & Shake blows. Haven't been there in years.......

Chinook
03-17-2016, 08:34 AM

They made one in South Austin when I was a junior in high school. A teacher of mine was from South Dakota, and he was hyping the shit out of it. It wasn't awful; it was just disappointing. In-N-Out was disappointing, and we had a long-ass line.

Dex
03-17-2016, 08:36 AM
I'm a fan of both Whataburger and In-N-Out. I don't see why people feel the need to pick a side. They are both good fast food burgers, they are just...different.

Of the places I've been and/or frequent, my burger hierarchy is as follows (worst to best):

Burger King :vomit:
McDonalds
Wendys
Sonic
Short Stop
P Terrys
Freddys
Whataburger / In-N-Out
Mighty Fine
HopDoddy :smokin

Damnit, this thread is making me hungry and it's not even 9AM yet.

Boogie Munster
03-17-2016, 08:39 AM
LOL this shit going 20 pages by the weekend.

Ruler
03-17-2016, 08:49 AM
Op still hasn't answered the million dollar question. ..the proof we all want is what the heck he ordering?!
honestly have zero clue. All I know is he ordered a hamburger the day before OKC game, not sure what was on it.

He has been three times this week... That's as often as I eat it and I get half off...

lefty
03-17-2016, 09:27 AM
lol fat fucks

RGMCSE
03-17-2016, 10:10 AM
im not a local fatass burger aficionado. I don't even really care for burgers that much. But everyone likes a burger once in a while. I for one like to grill my own burgers with a toasted bun. Bacon lettuce tomato pickles grilled onions jalepeno jack avocado with 90/10 beef grilled over a real flame with hickory wood smoke. That's just my style. But if I'm lazy and really want a burger whataburger is easily accessible. I don't worry about price like most because I don't eat this shit all the time. Plus I make really good money. Lol crying about spending ten fucking dollars.

Since i I don't crave burgers like most in this thread I waited for the hype to die down and recent tried in and out. I'm not going to lie I was somewhat impressed by the simplicity. I wasn't overwhelmed by choices. I want in and went right up to the counter and ordered. 5 mins later the line was literally out the door. Got my order and ate it hot in the truck. The double double was good. Loved the overall taste but the fresh onions and cheese and beef tastes good. The fries sucked donkey balls though and we're not eaten after a few fries.

After er eating the burger I wanted to walk off the burger a bit by looking around Home Depot. I didn't even make it half way through an isle when I felt my gut grumble like a mother fucker. My asshole puckered up like it was about to let loose a fire hydrant bust of shit! I ran to the shitter and proceeded to desecrate the bathroom. The poor bastard that went in after me... So yeah there it is In and Out lived up to its name.

TheDoctor
03-17-2016, 10:18 AM

Is that Tim's body on Barkley's body???

I don't know. Tim nor Barkley use Peak sneakers.

TheDoctor
03-17-2016, 10:20 AM
honestly have zero clue. All I know is he ordered a hamburger the day before OKC game, not sure what was on it.

He has been three times this week... That's as often as I eat it and I get half off...

Could be for his children tho.

Chinook
03-17-2016, 10:36 AM
im not a local fatass burger aficionado. I don't even really care for burgers that much. But everyone likes a burger once in a while. I for one like to grill my own burgers with a toasted bun. Bacon lettuce tomato pickles grilled onions jalepeno jack avocado with 90/10 beef grilled over a real flame with hickory wood smoke. That's just my style. But if I'm lazy and really want a burger whataburger is easily accessible. I don't worry about price like most because I don't eat this shit all the time. Plus I make really good money. Lol crying about spending ten fucking dollars.

Since i I don't crave burgers like most in this thread I waited for the hype to die down and recent tried in and out. I'm not going to lie I was somewhat impressed by the simplicity. I wasn't overwhelmed by choices. I want in and went right up to the counter and ordered. 5 mins later the line was literally out the door. Got my order and ate it hot in the truck. The double double was good. Loved the overall taste but the fresh onions and cheese and beef tastes good. The fries sucked donkey balls though and we're not eaten after a few fries.

After er eating the burger I wanted to walk off the burger a bit by looking around Home Depot. I didn't even make it half way through an isle when I felt my gut grumble like a mother fucker. My asshole puckered up like it was about to let loose a fire hydrant bust of shit! I ran to the shitter and proceeded to desecrate the bathroom. The poor bastard that went in after me... So yeah there it is In and Out lived up to its name.

If this isn't a copypasta, it really should become one.

Harry Callahan
03-17-2016, 10:51 AM
I was hungry for a Burger later today. Then I read RGMCSE's post. Yuck....

Man, its a drag to get the old stomach rumble and realize the unpleasant situation that awaits you......

apalisoc_9
03-17-2016, 10:54 AM
The last time i had fast food was in five guys and that was shit. :lol

Glad I never grew up eating fast food. The after taste and heavy feeling after eating fast food is not worth it. Shit is disģusting...

Our oil last for like months too here...i fucking hate any food that includes cooking oil...i might olive oil n a salad or sime shit

Steamd fish, oven, and lots of carbo based non meat food..plus a heavy dose of fruits.

I know its hard for a lot of people, specially americans to remove these food out of their systems....but trust me, you will fill much healhtier with a different diet.

lefty
03-17-2016, 10:55 AM
I know its hard for a lot of people, specially americans to remove these food out of their systems..

apalisoc_9
03-17-2016, 10:57 AM
I wonder what the average bowl movement for heavy meat eaters...specially ones that eat a lot of fast food stuff and general high cholesterol food

apalisoc_9
03-17-2016, 10:58 AM

:lmao

MVPCues
03-17-2016, 11:07 AM
Back Yard Burger has pretty tasty burgers. Best burger I ever ate was from a local gas station. I got them often until the place closed down. High quality ground meat HUGE burger but everything was proportional. The grilled onions were cooked to perfection. Everything about it simply worked.

polandprzem
03-17-2016, 11:55 AM
lol fat fucks

:bobo

sammy
03-17-2016, 12:07 PM

LMAO! :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin:rollin

koriwhat
03-17-2016, 12:50 PM

Both are disgusting.

ChumpDumper
03-17-2016, 12:58 PM
Hey, a burger thread on SpursTalk.

BillMc
03-17-2016, 01:15 PM
Don't know if they have them in Texas but Five Guys is the best (Started in D.C., now other places including my native Las Vegas). As big chains go Fuddruckers is great too.

T Park
03-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Totally agree that place is a rip off.

I only tried Whataburger once (and it's been a while) and thought it was a good burger. Not exceptional but better than most of the big mega brands.

Yeah for the fast food, I'd say it barely edges out In-N-Out. Quality wise. What makes whataburger awesome is its other sandwiches.

T Park
03-17-2016, 01:31 PM
Yeah, Bobby opened up a burger place in front of the Radian on Penn's campus. I only went because one my friends literally didn't talk to me for a week after I told him I didn't care for Flay's food. Total waste of money. Didn't even get to try a shake, as I didn't have another eight bucks to shell out or however much it was.

Yeah Flay's other restaurants in Vegas are great. Me and the wife have discussed if we ever get to Ny, to do a restaurant tour so to speak.

T Park
03-17-2016, 01:33 PM
The last time i had fast food was in five guys and that was shit. :lol

Glad I never grew up eating fast food. The after taste and heavy feeling after eating fast food is not worth it. Shit is disģusting...

Our oil last for like months too here...i fucking hate any food that includes cooking oil...i might olive oil n a salad or sime shit

Steamd fish, oven, and lots of carbo based non meat food..plus a heavy dose of fruits.

I know its hard for a lot of people, specially americans to remove these food out of their systems....but trust me, you will fill much healhtier with a different diet.

It's all about moderation asshole

T Park
03-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Don't know if they have them in Texas but Five Guys is the best (Started in D.C., now other places including my native Las Vegas). As big chains go Fuddruckers is great too.

Lol yes we have five guys. San Antonio is a pretty damn big city.

apalisoc_9
03-17-2016, 01:36 PM
It's all about moderation asshole

Something most San Antonio residence clearly dont possess..

Proxy
03-17-2016, 01:36 PM
I'm a fan of both Whataburger and In-N-Out. I don't see why people feel the need to pick a side. They are both good fast food burgers, they are just...different.

Of the places I've been and/or frequent, my burger hierarchy is as follows (worst to best):

Burger King :vomit:
McDonalds
Wendys
Sonic
Short Stop
P Terrys
Freddys
Whataburger / In-N-Out
Mighty Fine

Damnit, this thread is making me hungry and it's not even 9AM yet.

no Frans, Top Notch, or Sandy's?

ChumpDumper
03-17-2016, 01:39 PM
Something most San Antonio residence clearly dont possess..You've never been to San Antonio.

Dex
03-17-2016, 01:49 PM
no Frans, Top Notch, or Sandy's?

All still on the list of places to try. I go by Top Notch all the time but haven't made time to stop in...really should fix that, especially since I'm a big fan of Dazed & Confused.

Proxy
03-17-2016, 02:03 PM
All still on the list of places to try. I go by Top Notch all the time but haven't made time to stop in...really should fix that, especially since I'm a big fan of Dazed & Confused.

They won't top your list, but they're good among the cheaper options. Nothing is topping Hopdoddy or Mighty Fine. 5 guys is good shit too imo

last I went, Top Notch was still cash only so you know

BillMc
03-17-2016, 02:09 PM
Lol yes we have five guys. San Antonio is a pretty damn big city.

Wasn't meant as an insult. Just don't know where the chain has spread. It was for a long time Greater DC only.

Dex
03-17-2016, 02:13 PM
last I went, Top Notch was still cash only so you know

Good to know. :tu

Sean Cagney
03-17-2016, 02:14 PM

I agree in ways but man that stuff tastes good regardless of money etc,. still a good taste. I have never been there but I heard it's excellent! I love Wings and some places here are just addicting, whether I had a million or not I would still go there a few times a month to eat.

That being said Steak, Chicken Breast, Greens, Potatoes, Fish and some other stuff I would have a chef cook me up daily if I had all that money and get the finest cuts.... That would be my main meals.
Five Guys here in VA used to be good in my area but then it expanded to more and more locations and it's not as good anymore (Still good though), but I agree on Fuddruckers that crap is great! I love that place man.

ColinB
03-17-2016, 02:21 PM
Top Notch is not cash only anymore.

Their burgers are good, but the fried chicken is better.

PopTheGOAT
03-17-2016, 02:40 PM
Culver's burgers are actually pretty good too. Similar to Freddy's IMO. Also, if any of of you frequent the 5 Guys on De Zavala there's a good chance I've run into you :lol

BillMc
03-17-2016, 04:44 PM
I agree in ways but man that stuff tastes good regardless of money etc,. still a good taste. I have never been there but I heard it's excellent! I love Wings and some places here are just addicting, whether I had a million or not I would still go there a few times a month to eat.

That being said Steak, Chicken Breast, Greens, Potatoes, Fish and some other stuff I would have a chef cook me up daily if I had all that money and get the finest cuts.... That would be my main meals.
Five Guys here in VA used to be good in my area but then it expanded to more and more locations and it's not as good anymore (Still good though), but I agree on Fuddruckers that crap is great! I love that place man.

Man I wish we hadn't brought up Fuddruckers. The withdrawal symptoms are hitting me again. :lol

TXstbobcat
03-17-2016, 05:18 PM

They have several of those here in Minneapolis. Five guys is my gal's favorite burger place.

TXstbobcat
03-17-2016, 05:22 PM
Culver's burgers are actually pretty good too. Similar to Freddy's IMO. Also, if any of of you frequent the 5 Guys on De Zavala there's a good chance I've run into you :lol

culvers always seems to over cook their burgers. I do love culvers ice cream.

Dex
03-17-2016, 05:24 PM
In related news, Stephen Jackson just admitted on The Jump (ESPN2): I have smoked [marijuana] and do smoke [marijuana].

Sometimes you just gotta get yo' munchie fix!

Sean Cagney
03-17-2016, 05:45 PM
Man I wish we hadn't brought up Fuddruckers. The withdrawal symptoms are hitting me again. :lol

Yeah man it's good.
In related news, Stephen Jackson just admitted on The Jump (ESPN2): I have smoked [marijuana] and do smoke [marijuana].

I remember one time Oakley in an interview said 75% or 80% of these guys out there playing are high or smoke (Something of that nature), so no shocker there.

PopTheGOAT
03-17-2016, 05:52 PM
culvers always seems to over cook their burgers. I do love culvers ice cream.
Hmm I've only had burgers there like 4-5 times but never had that problem. But you're right on about the ice cream, that's no joke. That frozen custard is where it's at

Blizzardwizard
03-17-2016, 08:00 PM
This reminded me of those ol' HEB threads, can't remember who started that :lol

LoneStarState'sPride
03-17-2016, 11:13 PM

Also on Culebra at 1604.

My neck of the woods.

HarlemHeat37
03-18-2016, 12:31 AM
The selection of fast-food/burger options that Americans have is outrageous, tbh:lol..we only have the basic shit, unfortunately..

dabom
03-18-2016, 12:34 AM
The selection of fast-food/burger options that Americans have is outrageous, tbh:lol..we only have the basic shit, unfortunately..

Especially Texas. We get huge portions.

PopTheGOAT
03-18-2016, 12:43 AM
Leave it to San Antonio to make a 6+ page thread about fast food on a bball forum, tbh :lol
https://images.rapgenius.com/1be3a318395886099ec3c0c3f24264e3.472x280x119.gif

DJR210
03-18-2016, 12:49 AM
So this thread confirms that skank Tim is with is a worthless bitch who doesn't know her way around the kitchen.. Figures

DJR210
03-18-2016, 12:52 AM

He's from PA, is a big fan of UGK and the Texas music scene.. You KNOW he's been high his whole career and smoking that wet and sipping gallons of lean too

PopTheGOAT
03-18-2016, 12:55 AM
So this thread confirms that skank Tim is with is a worthless bitch who doesn't know her way around the kitchen.. Figures
Yeah I guess so :lol I can confirm, also. I've seen him in the drive thru at the same Whataburger. One of my buddies claimed to see him there a couple of weeks ago as well.

DJR210
03-18-2016, 02:32 AM

San Antonio seriously has a Mexican restaurant with some form of the word "Jalisco" in it every 50 feet or so

benefactor
03-18-2016, 05:47 AM

https://memecrunch.com/meme/47230/mein-neger/image.png?w=400&c=1

03-18-2016, 06:16 AM
Fuddruckers :tu

Killakobe81
03-18-2016, 06:22 AM

:lol I have ...both taste fresh but In-n-Out is the king of fresh ingredients ...sorry. Whataburger is better than Wendy's , Mcdonald's, bk I woudl say on same level as Carl's.

T Park
03-18-2016, 10:05 AM
Something most San Antonio residence clearly dont possess..

Well I used to be one. It's tempting in good times or whatever to just have a feast of some great stuff while doing a gaming marathon, or watching a bunch of games on tv that day.

T Park
03-18-2016, 10:09 AM
Wasn't meant as an insult. Just don't know where the chain has spread. It was for a long time Greater DC only.

It's all over the country. Seen them in CA, AZ, TX.

T Park
03-18-2016, 10:11 AM
Top Notch is not cash only anymore.

Their burgers are good, but the fried chicken is better.

Made enough money they can start reporting it to the Feds now.

Ruler
03-18-2016, 03:58 PM

i used to go there quite a bit. Had sex in that parking lot a couple of times :hat
I like five guys but it can be hit or miss. The last time I went, the burger was just stale. The patties are nice and fresh, but the toppings were unsatisfactory.
We'll see if he comes in tomorrow or sunday, as I work 7 hours both days. A little pre-GSW snack maybe?

EVAY
03-18-2016, 04:15 PM

Never could understand the appeal of that place.

RGMCSE
06-11-2017, 01:31 PM
Looks like Whataburger is gaining some national attention away from In-and-Out.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/a-regional-cult-favorite-that-most-americans-have-never-heard-of-is-now-the-most-popular-better-burger-chain-in-the-us/ar-BBCqMXo?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Budkin
06-11-2017, 06:56 PM
Never could understand the appeal of that place.

They were great in the 80s when I lived in Orlando. Now not so much.

CGD
06-11-2017, 09:35 PM
Looks like Whataburger is gaining some national attention away from In-and-Out.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/a-regional-cult-favorite-that-most-americans-have-never-heard-of-is-now-the-most-popular-better-burger-chain-in-the-us/ar-BBCqMXo?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Do you work for the company or something?

hooperflash
06-11-2017, 10:09 PM
Let this thread be the official Duncan retirement thread.

Duncan Loves Whataburger.. and CVS.
Diapers for baby Quill

Play Boban
06-11-2017, 10:20 PM
:cry

baseline bum
06-11-2017, 10:39 PM
Can you compare it to something in Australia? lol, I was always wondering myself what some of that stuff is like after watching the advertisements during Spurs games online too.

Think of Whataburger as like the used rubbers after plowing robdiaz's wife.

MI21
06-12-2017, 03:58 AM

Not really. It tasted like salt and heart attacks.

Play Boban
06-12-2017, 09:18 AM
Spur Stalk thread

philldafunk
06-12-2017, 01:28 PM
I wish Whataburger added mushrooms to the menu.

Spurtacular
06-12-2017, 02:46 PM

I've only been there once or twice. I don't get what all the hype is about. I'd rather go to In N' Out; better food and half the price almost.

RGMCSE
06-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Do you work for the company or something?

No, why do you ask?

baseline bum
06-12-2017, 06:17 PM
I've only been there once or twice. I don't get what all the hype is about. I'd rather go to In N' Out; better food and half the price almost.

I don't get the hype on Five Guys either. It's a decent burger but at $8 for just the burger it's massively overpriced. For that kind of price I'd want something at least as good as (and as large as) a Kingburger from Fatburger.

baseline bum
06-12-2017, 06:20 PM
I'll never understand why San Antonio overrates Whataburger so much. It would be like someone from LA obsessed with Del Taco. About the only other over the top loyalty to a mediocre chain I have seen rivaling Whataburger is all the white people who love Chipotle.

Spurtacular
06-12-2017, 07:19 PM
I don't get the hype on Five Guys either. It's a decent burger but at $8 for just the burger it's massively overpriced. For that kind of price I'd want something at least as good as (and as large as) a Kingburger from Fatburger.

The actual burger is practically a mini burger. Try getting it plain and you'll see what I mean. And I guess people love the fries; but they did nothing for me.