PDA

View Full Version : A Poor Man's Elvin Hayes!?!?! C'mon Man!!

Thomas82
03-16-2016, 06:01 PM
I was showing Tim Duncan some love on Facebook earlier for passing John Havlicek in scoring last night, but little did I know that somebody would try to turn it into a beef. This idiot said that Tim Duncan is a poor man's Elvin Hayes!! I couldn't make this up if I tried. Here are the comments he posted to support his belief:

"Got NOTHIN But LOVE For TIM DUNCAN - But - His NUMBERS Don't MATCH The PROPAGANDA By The MEDIA Stating - GOAT - At POWER FORWARD... But - #RESPECT Your LOVE For TIMMY!!! (Please - Don't HATE - Me)."

"My Problem Is More With The MEDIA Just Saying WHO IS THE BEST EVER - Without Stating Why... For Example - TIM DUNCAN Is NOT Either The Best SCORER Or REBOUNDER (Others Have Done BOTH Better)... & I Think TD Is Actually A CENTER Who They Decided They HAD TO Find A Way To CROWN Him in Some Way... I Have ALWAYS Called Him The POOR MAN'S - ELVIN HAYES - Who Was Both A Superior SCORER & REBOUNDER Compared To Tim Duncan. KARL MALONE is HATED By The MEDIA So He #GETSNOLOVE... It's NOT Tim Duncan's Fault. I Just KNOW BETTER."

"FYI - Elvin Hayes - ROOKIE SEASON - He Led The NBA In SCORING... Elvin Hayes Averaged Over 18 Rebounds A Game - One Year (Leading The League)... Elvin Hayes Was A SUPERIOR SCORER & REBOUNDER To TIM DUNCAN... The #NUMBERSDONTLIE!!! Whoever Is SMH - #DONTKNOWSHITABOUTBASKETBALL!!! (I'm Just SAYIN)."

"BE HONEST - I An ERA With NO BIG MEN - If TIM DUNCAN Was the GOAT - Shouldn't His NUMBERS Be Even SUPERIOR???"

I believe this fool is smoking bath salts.

Mel_13
03-16-2016, 06:07 PM
So this is a thread about interacting with an idiot on social media?

Thomas82
03-16-2016, 06:14 PM

This just came to me out of left field.....his comments were so off the wall, I just had to share them.

Dex
03-16-2016, 06:16 PM
People have different opinions.

Some people's opinions are wrong. :lol

Thomas82
03-16-2016, 06:18 PM
People have different opinions.

Some people's opinions are wrong. :lol

I even had to remind him that statistics were inflated when Elvin Hayes played.

apalisoc_9
03-16-2016, 06:21 PM
Elvin Hayes would get tortured by middle school players today.

Kawhitstorm
03-16-2016, 06:29 PM

Elvin Hayes was actually LEGIT, he sonned Kareem in college when he was untouchable:

9e31mA5clAg

In any case, Hayes would be 2005-06 Elton Brand in Timmay's era.

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 06:29 PM
Rocket fans are shitheads, why you arguing with them op?

Thomas82
03-16-2016, 06:31 PM
Rocket fans are shitheads, why you arguing with them op?

All I was doing was showing TD some love for his new milestone, and this fool started up the beef. I didn't argue with him for long though.

SouthernFried
03-16-2016, 08:05 PM
Why are you quoting someone else's stupid shit. Don't we have plenty of our own?

BatManu20
03-16-2016, 08:08 PM
Opinions are like assholes.

03-16-2016, 08:18 PM
He wants the why? Tell him to count the rings/finals mvps. No doubt if Tim was 0-5 or had no finals appearances, he wouldn't be considered the GOAT PF. But I don't do what ifs.

Obstructed_View
03-16-2016, 08:35 PM
"Hey, somebody said something stupid. I think I'll repeat it to a bunch of other people. That couldn't be why he said something so dumb..."

pgardn
03-16-2016, 08:52 PM

You are a true idiot.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-16-2016, 08:56 PM
Opinions are like assholes.

And some assholes stink worse than others.

Some, like that of the last girl I was with, are actually lickable and enjoyable. Others, on the other hand, will nauseate you for the next 3 years just thinking about the smell/sight/taste.

DMC
03-16-2016, 08:58 PM
This just came to me out of left field.....his comments were so off the wall, I just had to share them.
Next time don't.

DMC
03-16-2016, 08:58 PM
And some assholes stink worse than others.

Some, like that of the last girl I was with, are actually lickable and enjoyable. Others, on the other hand, will nauseate you for the next 3 years just thinking about the smell/sight/taste.
We know where Cedric went now.

Splits
03-16-2016, 09:08 PM
Some, like that of the last girl I was with, are actually lickable and enjoyable.

How is your whore mother doing these days?

Seventyniner
03-16-2016, 09:11 PM

It didn't become one until you responded.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-16-2016, 09:14 PM
How is your whore mother doing these days?

Huh? My mom wasn't a whore. She was a businesswoman. My father was a pimp, but he's never been in my life anyways.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-16-2016, 09:15 PM
We know where Cedric went now.

huh?

Splits
03-16-2016, 09:16 PM
Huh? My mom wasn't a whore. She was a businesswoman. My father was a pimp, but he's never been in my life anyways.

Historical data tells us most welchers are raised by whores

UNT Eagles 2016
03-16-2016, 09:18 PM
Historical data tells us most welchers are raised by whores

I didn't welch and my mother isn't a whore. And if I did welch, we're on the same level because people who call other guys' moms whores just to be mean are just as bad (if not worse than) welchers.

Thomas82
03-16-2016, 09:18 PM
Next time don't.

I'll keep your suggestion in mind.

Mel_13
03-16-2016, 09:19 PM
It didn't become one until you responded.

Ouch.

Splits
03-16-2016, 09:19 PM
I didn't welch and my mother isn't a whore. And if I did welch, we're on the same level because people who call other guys' moms whores just to be mean are just as bad (if not worse than) welchers.

Your whore mouth welched, you son of a whore.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-16-2016, 09:30 PM
Your whore mouth welched, you son of a whore.

Except my mom isn't a whore, you cuntdick.

Splits
03-16-2016, 09:34 PM
Except my mom isn't a whore, you cuntdick.

So you admit you're a welcher, got it.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-16-2016, 09:38 PM
So you admit you're a welcher, got it.

Better to be a welcher than a bully cuntdick.

sasaint
03-16-2016, 09:46 PM
Elvin Hayes was actually LEGIT, he sonned Kareem in college when he was untouchable:

9e31mA5clAg

In any case, Hayes would be 2005-06 Elton Brand in Timmay's era.

I believe you are at the same time both overstating and understating the greatness of the Big E. In the (admittedly historic) so-called game of the century, Hayes indeed played great and led the Cougars to a big win over Lew Alcindor's UCLA Bruins. However, Alcindor (later Kareem Abdul-Jabbar) had not fully recovered from an eye injury, which clearly hampered his play. The dominance of Hayes in that meeting is more than off-set by the re-match in the NCAA Tournament a few weeks later, when Alcindor and the Bruins dominated.

On the other hand I believe Hayes was a much better player than Elton Brand in his best season, but I really have no stats to support that belief. But having watched both in their day, I would say Elvin Hayes vs. Elton Brand is a no-brainier. He is still considered one of the top 50 players in NBA history. I am a bit of a homer, however, and I believe that it would be more accurate to look upon Hayes as a poor man's Tim Duncan. Again, I have no stats to support that belief - just the ol' eyeballs. But, Duncan/Hayes is a hypothetical match-up that I would have paid good money to watch.

skulls138
03-16-2016, 10:21 PM
Why give attention to dumbfucks? Makes you look bad.

hater
03-16-2016, 10:37 PM
Lots oc retards in this country. Just loom at Hillary Clinton voters :lol

Galileo
03-16-2016, 11:35 PM
Elvin Hayes was the greatest NBA players of the 1970s. Every bit as good as Tim Duncan.

lilbthebasedgod
03-17-2016, 01:36 AM
How is that dumb? The only reason Elvin Hayes isn't easily the best PF ever is because of his weaker competition. I have no idea if it would translate, but its a valid opinion.

r0drig0lac
03-17-2016, 06:21 AM

wtf

Duncan > Hayes ...and Hayes was a beast

DocDoc
03-17-2016, 07:31 AM

BS. He was David West sized, excelent scorer, played in era with less defense. Would still be an all star. Might be SF in today's game.

I know your NBA history starts with K getting drafted, but there were great players before last week.

Seventyniner
03-17-2016, 10:01 AM
Ouch.

To be clear, the idiot I was referring to was OP, not you. :toast

Mel_13
03-17-2016, 10:04 AM

That was clear to me. Just extending the joke.

:bobo

sasaint
03-17-2016, 10:29 AM
wtf

Duncan > Hayes ...and Hayes was a beast

This. You must have actually seen the Big E play, as I did. :toast

Harry Callahan
03-17-2016, 10:36 AM
I saw Hayes when he was at his peak. Really good player, but not at Tim Duncan's level. He was 6-9, with shorter arms. His rebounding stats were inflated due to inferior shooting for many of the players in the 1970s. IN addition, top players were playing more minutes than the current players do. Once again inflating stats.

Hayes was not as mobile as TD. He was not the defensive player Tim has been and still is.

Tim did not have finals appearances where his team was crushed in 4 games (1975) or 5 games (1979).

Also, Hayes was a lockerroom lawyer with a less than ideal demeanor.

Elvin was traded twice in his career going back and forth between the Bullets and the Rockets. In the early 80's, when the Rockets were tanking for either Ralph Sampson or Hakeem (don't remember which one - either 1983 or 1984), 36 year old Elvin Hayes played 48 minutes for the Rockets in a game just to insure Houston would lose the game.

Thomas82
03-17-2016, 11:24 AM

The real idiot was the one that made those comments......I know better. All I did was share those idiotic comments from the poster that made them.

Thomas82
03-17-2016, 11:24 AM
I saw Hayes when he was at his peak. Really good player, but not at Tim Duncan's level. He was 6-9, with shorter arms. His rebounding stats were inflated due to inferior shooting for many of the players in the 1970s. IN addition, top players were playing more minutes than the current players do. Once again inflating stats.

Hayes was not as mobile as TD. He was not the defensive player Tim has been and still is.

Tim did not have finals appearances where his team was crushed in 4 games (1975) or 5 games (1979).

Elvin was traded twice in his career going back and forth between the Bullets and the Rockets. In the early 80's, when the Rockets were tanking for either Ralph Sampson or Hakeem (don't remember which one - either 1983 or 1984), 36 year old Elvin Hayes played 48 minutes for the Rockets in a game just to insure Houston would lose the game.

Thanks for the info!!

Seventyniner
03-17-2016, 11:46 AM
That was clear to me. Just extending the joke.

:bobo

I appear to have lost this round of the Subtle Games.

sasaint
03-17-2016, 12:06 PM

The Big E was a great player on the court, but Tim is greater. And you are right; if you bring off-court issues into the discussion, there really is no comparison. Then again, if you bring off-court issues into the discussion who can be legitimately mentioned in the same breath as Timmy? :toast

Solid D
03-17-2016, 12:37 PM
Hayes was great but Duncan has been consistently better. I watched the famous game (when I was a kid) on TVS between Houston and UCLA in 1968, where Hayes scored 39 while Alcindor (Kareem) was just getting over an eye injury which had hospitalized him earlier that week. I also watched their other matchup that year where UCLA and Alcindor held Hayes to 10 points in the NCAA Final Four semifinals and beat Houston by 30+ points. Hayes didn't school anyone in that one.

Timmy has been a better two-way (both ends) player.

...............................Duncan Hayes
All Defensive 1st Team...8.........0
All-Defensive Team.......15........2
NBA Championships.......5.........1
Season MVP..................2.........0
Finals MVP....................3.........0
All-NBA 1st Team.........10........3
All-NBA Teams............15.........6

Thomas82
03-17-2016, 01:50 PM
Hayes was great but Duncan has been consistently better. I watched the famous game (when I was a kid) on TVS between Houston and UCLA in 1968, where Hayes scored 39 while Alcindor (Kareem) was just getting over an eye injury which had hospitalized him earlier that week. I also watched their other matchup that year where UCLA and Alcindor held Hayes to 10 points in the NCAA Final Four semifinals and beat Houston by 30+ points. Hayes didn't school anyone in that one.

Timmy has been a better two-way (both ends) player.

...............................Duncan Hayes
All Defensive 1st Team...8.........0
All-Defensive Team.......15........2
NBA Championships.......5.........1
Season MVP..................2.........0
Finals MVP....................3.........0
All-NBA 1st Team.........10........3
All-NBA Teams............15.........6

Enough said!!