03-16-2016, 08:07 PM
lol det title

spurraider21
03-18-2016, 10:18 AM
lol det title
The genocide part or activist part?

Spurminator
03-18-2016, 10:34 AM
I have no idea what he's trying to say, but why all the edits?

vy65
03-18-2016, 11:06 AM
I have no idea what he's trying to say, but why all the edits?

UWG's position is that they were showing the "absurdity" of a policy proposal about wind turbines and racism.

For what it is worth, I sent an email to the president of the University of West Georgia, the school where the two black debaters were studying. His response, in my opinion, is worth sharing so you get the entire context.

Dear Mr. Davis,

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to email me directly concerning the posting of this video clip. We understand the concern surrounding a video posted this week that includes comments made by two former University of West Georgia debate students. While these students participated in a nationally sanctioned debate event in 2012 representing UWG, their comments, or the comments made in any debate, do not reflect the University’s views or values.

We take diversity and inclusion very seriously. We work hard every day to ensure our students, faculty and staff from all backgrounds feel welcome and valued. Our top priority remains fostering the safest learning environment we can in which students can learn, grow and achieve.

As part of that commitment, UWG will not tolerate or allow comments or behavior that incite prejudice or violence against any individual or group. Any student who engages in such behavior will be investigated under the university’s student code of conduct, resulting in appropriate sanctions.

Comments made during debate training or debate events or theater rehearsals are rare exceptions to this policy. College debate programs operate in a manner similar to laboratories, where events like those depicted in the video are closely controlled and monitored. One team presents a position and the other responds, often using extreme arguments to show that a particular point is illogical.

In the case of the 2012 video, the debate centered on energy policy. The first team argued that white people embracing the location of wind turbines in their neighborhoods would be a way to address criticism that racism is inherent in the movement of white populations from urban areas. The former UWG students countered that argument by claiming that the extreme would not be for white people to locate themselves near wind turbines, but rather for white people to sacrifice themselves to remove racism altogether. The purpose of the statement was to show the absurdity of their opponents’ position.

Unfortunately, the purposefully-edited video posted this week does not capture the complete discussion. It includes less than a minute and a half of a debate that lasted more than an hour and a half. It does not show that the first team injected the element of racism. Ultimately, it focuses solely on the extreme points used by one of the UWG students to counter an argument in a sanctioned debate. When taken out of the context of a competition in which one team commonly uses extreme rhetoric to argue against an opponent’s extreme rhetoric, the scenes from the video are shocking. The fact that the debate was not halted and authorities were not notified shows the controlled environment in which the comments were made.

Again, the students’ comments included in the video do not reflect the values of our university. They do not represent beliefs or doctrines we teach to students.

I sincerely hope that by providing the context in which this video is depicted helps restore your faith in our university and in future generations of leaders.

Assuming this is an accurate description of what actually happened during the debate, you gotta wonder how effective that "rhetoric" is when everyone's take-away is that black people want to kill white people.

vy65
03-18-2016, 11:06 AM
I didn't send that email, btw, it's from the comments to the youtubes

ChumpDumper
03-18-2016, 01:50 PM
The genocide part or activist part?The whole thing.

ChumpDumper
03-18-2016, 01:52 PM
UWG's position is that they were showing the "absurdity" of a policy proposal about wind turbines and racism.

Assuming this is an accurate description of what actually happened during the debate, you gotta wonder how effective that "rhetoric" is when everyone's take-away is that black people want to kill white people.As stupid as the debate was, you didn't even get that right, counselor.

Avante
03-18-2016, 01:54 PM
As stupid as the debate was, you didn't even get that right, counselor.

Dude, what is with you? All you ever do here is go around seeing who ya can bother....why?

Let's keep a count.

ChumpDumper
03-18-2016, 01:55 PM
Dude, what is with you? All you ever do here is go around seeing who ya can bother....why?Seeing as you vowed never to speak to me for six months one month ago: lol.

03-18-2016, 02:02 PM
Seeing as you vowed never to speak to me for six months one month ago: lol.
:lmao

what a stupid little man

Avante
03-18-2016, 02:04 PM
Seeing as you vowed never to speak to me for six months one month ago: lol.

Avante
03-18-2016, 02:04 PM

what a stupid little man

As you follow me from thread to thread, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03-18-2016, 02:06 PM
As you follow me from thread to thread, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avante
03-18-2016, 02:20 PM

What a goofy fuck.

Mitch
03-18-2016, 02:50 PM
What a goofy fuck.

You hear about Sinatra Jr. passing, Avante? Started listening to some of his dad's music again.

johnsmith
03-18-2016, 02:59 PM
Weird, Avante is hijacking another thread and turning it into a flame war.....didn't see that coming.

Avante
03-18-2016, 03:17 PM
You hear about Sinatra Jr. passing, Avante? Started listening to some of his dad's music again.

Yep, bummer.

One of my prized possesions is a CD featuring FranK Senior back in the 40's doing radio. Great stuff there. I also have a 4 cassette tape set that takes us through his career.

This is in my opinon one of the great songs in Americana musical history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emAe6IClGys

Avante
03-18-2016, 03:20 PM
Weird, Avante is hijacking another thread and turning it into a flame war.....didn't see that coming.
STFU...ok?

Mitch
03-18-2016, 03:22 PM
Yep, bummer.

One of my prized possesions is a CD featuring FranK Senior back in the 40's doing radio. Great stuff there. I also have a 4 cassette tape set that takes us through his career.

This is in my opinon one of the great songs in Americana musical history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emAe6IClGys

Yep, old blue eyes was an American treasure

My favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E2hYDIFDIU

johnsmith
03-18-2016, 03:24 PM
STFU...ok?

Lol....seriously though, which website is the best to consume your retirement? I imagine you're just posting to kill time prior to dying right?

Avante
03-18-2016, 03:36 PM
Lol....seriously though, which website is the best to consume your retirement? I imagine you're just posting to kill time prior to dying right?

There are 4 of us who play this Avante character, I can't believe ya haven't figured that out by now. How could just one guy know all that stuff?

johnsmith
03-18-2016, 03:43 PM
There are 4 of us who play this Avante character, I can't believe ya haven't figured that out by now. How could just one guy know all that stuff?

Lol!!!!! Sounds like a super cool group of guys.

Avante
03-18-2016, 03:51 PM

Yep, we live in a dorm and with this computer always on we all take turns fucking around on it. Obviously with no moderators at this site we like it best. We do get a kick out of you, sooooooooooo serious about this silly shit, hahahaha~~~~~~~

I'm Mario the football guru.

DisAsTerBot
03-18-2016, 03:56 PM

:rollin

johnsmith
03-18-2016, 03:58 PM
Yep, we live in a dorm and with this computer always on we all take turns fucking around on it. Obviously with no moderators at this site we like it best. We do get a kick out of you, sooooooooooo serious about this silly shit, hahahaha~~~~~~~

I'm Mario the football guru.

Hahahahaha!!!! Chicks must be beating down your door too!

vy65
03-18-2016, 04:02 PM
As stupid as the debate was, you didn't even get that right, counselor.

What'd I get wrong?

Spurminator
03-18-2016, 04:06 PM

I'm trying to picture how that conversation went, and how giddy they were when they came up with the idea to share a character on a basketball forum.

ChumpDumper
03-18-2016, 04:17 PM
What'd I get wrong?You still don't know?

lol

Did you even watch the video, counselor?

vy65
03-18-2016, 04:18 PM
You still don't know?

lol

Did you even watch the video, counselor?

Yes I did.

I asked a simple question - what did I get wrong? Can you answer it or are you gonna derail a simple request for clarification?

ChumpDumper
03-18-2016, 04:21 PM
Yes I did.

I asked a simple question - what did I get wrong? Can you answer it or are you gonna derail a simple request for clarification?They were suggesting whitey kill himself.

Do you realize that is different from actively wanting to kill someone oneself, counselor?

A simple yes or no will do.

vy65
03-18-2016, 04:26 PM
They were suggesting whitey kill himself.

"Affirming black life means that white death has to occur"

"There is no ethical reason white people deserve to live."

Those suggest more than just whitey being the one to do the killing.

Do you realize that is different from actively wanting to kill someone oneself, counselor?

Sure there's a difference, but it's a stupid one. It's a distinction without difference.

Avante
03-18-2016, 04:28 PM
They were suggesting whitey kill himself.

ChumpDumper
03-18-2016, 04:28 PM
Sure there's a differenceThank you, counselor.

No further questions.

vy65
03-18-2016, 04:30 PM
Thank you, counselor.

No further questions.

What's your point?

ChumpDumper
03-18-2016, 04:31 PM
What's your point?The point has already been made, counselor. Thank you.

vy65
Thank you, counselor.

No further questions.

"Affirming black life means that white death has to occur"

"There is no ethical reason white people deserve to live."

Never got the explanation of why these don't suggest non-whites kill whitey?

TheSanityAnnex
I'm trying to picture how that conversation went, and how giddy they were when they came up with the idea to share a character on a basketball forum.

Conversation never happened, writing style is always the same. It's just one big faggot, not four little faggots.

vy65
03-18-2016, 04:32 PM
The point has already been made, counselor. Thank you.

No it hasn't. You've just repeated the word counselor a bunch. Can you clarify your point?

ChumpDumper
03-18-2016, 04:34 PM
No it hasn't. You've just repeated the word counselor a bunch. Can you clarify your point?You agreed there is a difference, counselor.

And not once did any black man say he wanted to kill whitey. You made that quite plain with your quotes. Thanks again, counselor. You were a big help in having things explained to you.

vy65
03-18-2016, 04:36 PM
You agreed there is a difference, counselor.

My question was why's that difference significant. Can't ask it any more clearly.

And not once did any black man say he wanted to kill whitey. You made that quite plain with your quotes. Thanks again, counselor. You were a big help in having things explained to you.

The black man said "Affirming black life means that white death has to occur" and "There is no ethical reason white people deserve to live."

How does that not suggest that anyone affirming black lives (which ostensibly includes the speaker) kill whitey?

clambake
03-18-2016, 04:41 PM
actually, they didn't say that.

however, i'd like to take my mossberg to all those little worms.

ChumpDumper
03-18-2016, 04:41 PM
My question was why's that difference significant. Can't ask it any more clearly.If you don't know the difference between wanting someone to kill himself and wanting to kill that person yourself, I can't magically bring you to that threshold of intelligence.

The black man said "Affirming black life means that white death has to occur" and "There is no ethical reason white people deserve to live."

How does that not suggest that anyone affirming black lives (which ostensibly includes the speaker) kill whitey?How does it suggest that?

I don't have to prove a negative here. You have to prove your claim, counselor.

clambake
03-18-2016, 04:43 PM
i'd have said "get over here and get used to sucking my white dick"

vy65
03-18-2016, 04:44 PM
If you don't know the difference between wanting someone to kill himself and wanting to kill that person yourself, I can't magically bring you to that threshold of intelligence.

Again, wasn't my question. Why's that difference significant? Can you give me a reason?

How does it suggest that?

I don't have to prove a negative here. You have to prove your claim, counselor.

This isn't asking you to prove a negative. Do the words "affirming black life means that white death has to occur" suggest that those "affirming black life" kill whitey?

vy65
03-18-2016, 04:46 PM
How does it suggest that?

The debate was about competing ethical systems. One team advocated "affirming black life" as ethical. They also said that affirming life required white death. The suggestion is that those who choose to be ethical by affirming black life kill whitey.

ChumpDumper
03-18-2016, 04:50 PM
Again, wasn't my question. Why's that difference significant? Can you give me a reason? Sure. Saying someone should be dead doesn't mean you want to kill him yourself.

This is really simple stuff, counselor.

This isn't asking you to prove a negative. Do the words "affirming black life means that white death has to occur" suggest that those "affirming black life" kill whitey?It doesn't mean that they want to kill whitey themselves counselor.

Again, really simple. I don't see why you are having such difficulty with it.

ChumpDumper
03-18-2016, 04:51 PM
The debate was about competing ethical systems. One team advocated "affirming black life" as ethical. They also said that affirming life required white death. The suggestion is that those who choose to be ethical by affirming black life kill whitey.Nope, that's the conclusion you jumped to. Maybe you're just really scared of black people, counselor. A lot of people here are.

A lot.

vy65
03-18-2016, 04:52 PM
Sure. Saying someone should be dead doesn't mean you want to kill him yourself.

This is really simple stuff, counselor.

It doesn't mean that they want to kill whitey themselves counselor.

Again, really simple. I don't see why you are having such difficulty with it.

If it's so simple, why can't you answer my question.

Why's that difference matter? In both cases, the speaker advocates for white death.

vy65
03-18-2016, 04:53 PM
Nope, that's the conclusion you jumped to.

How'd I jump to that conclusion? That's a fair reading of the statement.

ChumpDumper
03-18-2016, 04:57 PM
If it's so simple, why can't you answer my question. Already did.

Why's that difference matter? In both cases, the speaker advocates for white death.Murder is different from suicide, is it not, counselor?

How'd I jump to that conclusion? That's a fair reading of the statement.Nope. I can't expect you do recognize your bias if you are shitting your pants at what some dude said at some college none of us has ever heard of.

It's the furthest thing from a fair reading I can think of tbh.

You could have just said they wanted whitey dead and that would have been fine and reflected the terror you must feel -- but you just had to go the extra mile and say they want to murder all white people.

Which is hilarious.

Counselor.