PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Manu post-Clippers game

ElNono
03-16-2016, 08:01 PM
Manu Ginóbili: "I'm not yet at my best"

SAN ANTONIO.- In the heart of the San Antonio locker room everybody is doing their thing. Leonard answers text messages on his iPhone, Diaw sorts his coffee cups and counts the capsules for his coffe machine and Danny Green takes his bandages off to go into the shower.With blue jeans and a military green shirt, hands in his pockets, Manu Ginobili appears after talking to the US media. After the victory against the Clippers 108-87, the bahiense spoke about how he feels and his confidence level.

"One shot I took after a rebound and then went in made me feel better after a poor start. That's a sign I'm not yet at my best, and I need some of those things. If I were at my best, I wouldn't need to make a shot to feel confident, because I could miss the first two shots and I don't normally care, I keep going. I'm definitely not at my best just yet, both phisically and mentally, but it was expected. In theory I should've been returning to the court right about now. So at least we won these five or four games, not sure how many, and I'm happy we did. It's not that I'm worried or anything, like I said, after being a month out, with 38 years old..."

This is a tough week for the Spurs. They already dealt with Oklahoma and the Clippers last night. Next up is Portland, and after that they'll try to find a weakness on the Warriors.

"Perhaps against the Thunder we didn't play that great, but we pulled it off, against a great team. Tonight was the same thing, against a team that didn't have Griffin. But we did play great especially in the 2nd half, and that's reassuring. We have two very tough tests before we go on the road again. And it's going to be interesting, because the last time we played against the Warriors, they just walked all over us, so it's a great test", said Manu, who scored 13 points, and had a rebound and an assist in 15 minutes.

original in spanish here:
http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1880186-manu-ginobili-sin-vueltas-todavia-no-estoy-en-mi-mejor-nivel

spurs10
03-16-2016, 08:17 PM
Great to hear that he is building his confidence and considers these games against the Blazers and GSW a "great test." Means they might play some ball.

spurs10
03-16-2016, 08:18 PM
Muchisimas gracias!

beirmeistr
03-16-2016, 09:54 PM
thanks, Nono