PDA

View Full Version : Would you like the Spurs to play the Grizzlies in the first round?

Old School 44
03-16-2016, 09:28 PM
The Grizzlies are currently the 5th seed, but they have been decimated with injuries. They have a 6 game cushion, but I know they won't hold onto this position. They will either fall to 7 or 8 or out of the playoffs altogether.

I don't think the Spurs will have much trouble with any of the current 4 bottom seeds, but would you rather they basically have what would amount to a bye in the first round, or would you prefer they play a team that would put up a better fight?

RD2191
03-16-2016, 09:30 PM
Ask hater

100%duncan
03-16-2016, 09:31 PM
Yes.

tmtcsc
03-16-2016, 09:32 PM
Sure, why not.

TXstbobcat
03-16-2016, 09:33 PM
Would be okay with Memphis in the 1st round.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-16-2016, 09:34 PM

Old School 44
03-16-2016, 09:42 PM
I actually think they would be better served going forward playing the Rockets. I know the Spurs are old, but I think rest is overrated in the playoffs.

Baseline21
03-16-2016, 09:50 PM
I'm hoping Dallas beats warriors Friday. What happen to the mavs lately? They started to overachieve at the start of season but man now they're fighting just to stay in playoffs. Dirk has been putting up crazy numbers too but Mathews has been horrible and parsons has been up and down all year. Dirk has been the only one consist and that guy deserves nights off like Duncan but I guess not. I wished Cuban would have built a better team around him before he retires. Dirk and Coach Carlise deserve better. Yeah, I know the Jordan thing didn't help but maybe that's all they needed for his presence. It couldn't hurt what they're doing now. Dirk would look real good in silver and black. I think pop could extend his career a little bit longer then Duncan right now. What I wished for after the Jordan debacle was that Cuban would give him a shot of a championship with another team. That team would be silver and black. He would Fit perfect coming off bench. Also him,LMA and Kawhi on the court at the same time would be pretty cool. Yeah it was wishful thinking

100%duncan
03-16-2016, 09:51 PM
I actually think they would be better served going forward playing the Rockets. I know the Spurs are old, but I think rest is overrated in the playoffs.

Nah, you're just wanting unnecessary pressure and possible extra 1-2 games if harden goes supernova.

dabom
03-16-2016, 09:53 PM
Kawhi takes a shit on the Grizz since forever. :lmao

Old School 44
03-16-2016, 10:06 PM
Nah, you're just wanting unnecessary pressure and possible extra 1-2 games if harden goes supernova.
If your next opponent is going to feature Paul/Jordan/Griffin or Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka, I just wouldn't want them sitting around for a week after facing a lineup featuring Briante Weber/Ryan Hollins/Zach Randolph.

100%duncan
03-16-2016, 10:09 PM
If your next opponent is going to feature Paul/Jordan/Griffin or Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka, I just wouldn't want them sitting around for a week after facing a lineup featuring Briante Weber/Ryan Hollins/Zach Randolph.

I don't know man. For sure, the WCSF, WCF, and Finals hopefully are going to be hell. Its gonna be like Clips/OKC, Warriors, Cleveland. You sure you want to have those extra games in the first round? I myself miss the days of waiting for our next opponent because we 4-0'd one :lol .

Spurtacular
03-16-2016, 10:16 PM
I'd be lying if I said the Grizzlies are even on my radar.

Old School 44
03-16-2016, 10:22 PM
I don't know man. For sure, the WCSF, WCF, and Finals hopefully are going to be hell. Its gonna be like Clips/OKC, Warriors, Cleveland. You sure you want to have those extra games in the first round? I myself miss the days of waiting for our next opponent because we 4-0'd one :lol .
Even if they face the Rockets, doesn't mean they still can't sweep. It will just be harder. I guess another plus of possibly getting the Grizzlies in the first round is you can possibly get extra time for Miller and Martin.

Just saw the the Wolves beat the Grizzlies. This whole thing could be moot if the Grizz don't make the playoffs. :lol

BatManu20
03-16-2016, 10:23 PM
Does a bear shit in the woods?

Old School 44
03-16-2016, 10:32 PM

:lol Made me think of this old Eddie Murphy joke.

A rabbit and a bear are taking a dump next to each other in the woods. The bear looks over to the rabbit and says, “Do you have problems with crap sticking to your fur?” “No,” the rabbit said. So the bear picks up the rabbit and uses him to wipe his ass.

hater
03-16-2016, 10:38 PM
Ask hater

Matt Barnes. Avoid like the plague

BatManu20
03-16-2016, 10:46 PM
:lol Made me think of this old Eddie Murphy joke.

A rabbit and a bear are taking a dump next to each other in the woods. The bear looks over to the rabbit and says, “Do you have problems with crap sticking to your fur?” “No,” the rabbit said. So the bear picks up the rabbit and uses him to wipe his ass.

:lol :tu

100%duncan
03-16-2016, 10:47 PM
Even if they face the Rockets, doesn't mean they still can't sweep. It will just be harder. I guess another plus of possibly getting the Grizzlies in the first round is you can possibly get extra time for Miller and Martin.

Just saw the the Wolves beat the Grizzlies. This whole thing could be moot if the Grizz don't make the playoffs. :lol

Yes but there's a possibility of extra game(s). Grizzlies dont have a shot at winning a game against anyone in the playoffs. Would also be a good barometer who to play in the later rounds Martin or KA.

spursistan
03-16-2016, 10:50 PM
easily..let's hope Pop doesn't punt the two games left against them..Also they play the Warriors twice, that's 4 automatic Ls..there is chance they could slide to 7th with their schedule but we need to count Houston/Blazers to win few to catch them them..

SPURt
03-16-2016, 10:53 PM
I thought they used bathrooms the same way a straight guy would?

Kawhitstorm
03-16-2016, 10:57 PM
Consider how the Mavs/Rockets are essentially playing .500 ball & the Blazers are the only ones that might pass them up unless the Grizz lose out to finish the season.:lol I hope they stay 5th to bait Doc into resting CP3 & tanking for the 4th seed, so Blake gets a warmup series before they go all out against the Worriers.

Besides, good luck figuring out the bottom 4 seeds since nobody besides the Blazers is taking care of business CONSISTENTLY against team they should beat. (The Jazz play hard but they are decimated w/ injury)

SpursFan86
03-16-2016, 11:28 PM
Memphis and Dallas are probably the two (realistic) teams I'd like to play the most in the 1st round. Can't imagine either of them taking more than 1 game in a series against us.

Dex
Play to win and let the cards fall where they may.

Old School 44
Matt Barnes. Avoid like the plague
Not worried about Barnes. CIA Pop will hire Derek Fisher as an assistant coach. Barnes will charge the bench sucker punching Fisher in the face. Barnes will be suspended. Fisher will be in the ER. It's a win-win.