PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Ghazstrodamus: Spurs 2016 chAmps

Ghazi
03-16-2016, 10:54 PM
Warriors will crack 72 and have homecourt, but I'm banking on point differential which is this best predictor of future success. spurs 12.4 Warriors 11. This is the best Spurs team of all time And I feel like they will find a wAY-

TrainOfThought5
03-16-2016, 10:55 PM
Curry is something we've never seen before.... the way he warps the defense all over the court is incredible. and Kerr is a stud coach. If they win, I wont be nearly as upset as 2012.

100%duncan
03-16-2016, 10:56 PM
Well.... You did call that '11 run.

Chef Curry
03-16-2016, 10:57 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/11aitZSSRhHYuQ/giphy.gif

Splits
03-16-2016, 10:58 PM
Just keep them Dubs chasing 73, wearing out their players in pursuit of imaginary accomplishments, going 2013-Kobe.

TrainOfThought5
03-16-2016, 11:00 PM
Just keep them Dubs chasing 73, wearing out their players in pursuit of imaginary accomplishments, going 2013-Kobe.

SMH that accomplishment wouldnt be imaginary... it would definitely be USELESS and a pursuit of stupidity and vanity if they dont win the championship.

If the Spurs win this would be the greatest team that they have ever beaten in the playoffs. by far. period. full stop.

Chef Curry
This spurs team is not that good. They got the record but most of the NBA fell off a cliff this season. They will get exposed badly by an healthy Warriors squad with HCA.

Thread
Curry is something we've never seen before.... the way he warps the defense all over the court is incredible. and Kerr is a stud coach. If they win, I wont be nearly as upset as 2012.

Yep. He ain't no country preacher that's for certain.

hater
03-16-2016, 11:07 PM
As good as spurs look. Worriers look better.

Elian Gonzales making half court prayers like they are free throws...

LkrFan
03-16-2016, 11:07 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/11aitZSSRhHYuQ/giphy.gif

:lmao

Bynumite
03-16-2016, 11:12 PM
OP also said the 2014 spurs are the best team of all time.

The best team of all time doesn't get bounced in the 1st round by the fucking clippers :lmao

Chris
03-16-2016, 11:13 PM
Yup, unless Pop shits his pants in Los Angeles (again).

ElNono
03-16-2016, 11:15 PM
Big Ghaz

BatManu20
03-16-2016, 11:16 PM

The best team of all time doesn't get bounced in the 1st round by the fucking clippers :lmao

The 2014 team didn't get bounced in the first round though. They won it all, so your point is kind of moot.

03-16-2016, 11:16 PM
Wearing out their players by sitting fourth quarters?

BatManu20
03-16-2016, 11:17 PM
Doesn't matter how well the Spurs play, if the Warriors are firing on all cylinders, they will win tbh. It will take a colossal effort defensively and we'll need Curry to be mortal in order to pull of an upset.

Splits
03-16-2016, 11:18 PM
Wearing out their players by sitting fourth quarters?

By not sitting games that are meaningless to the seeding.

AlexJones
03-16-2016, 11:18 PM
Probably gonna need an Iggy injury to even get the series to 7 games

03-16-2016, 11:23 PM
By not sitting games that are meaningless to the seeding.
Besides the game where Curry played on a bum ankle, what games should they be sitting guys? Spurs are only 3 games back. Besides these guys are all in their prime. Jordan missed all of two games in his six title years, resting guys is overrated.

InTheCrust
03-16-2016, 11:49 PM
STAAAAAACKED :lobt2:

Mugen
03-17-2016, 12:05 AM
DET NIGGA BIG GHAZ TBH.

ElNono
03-17-2016, 12:33 AM
Wardell is historically good though...

DMC
03-17-2016, 12:34 AM
If the Spurs manage to get by the Warriors you'd think they are champs. I am not convinced they could beat the Cavs in a 7 game series. They probably do, but right now it's hard to say. With that said, they probably cannot beat the Warriors. When you come out that slow and allow the other team to go off for a quarter and try to play catch up, that will come back on you when the opponent is like GS and comes out blazing with the 1st game at home.

DMC
03-17-2016, 12:35 AM
Wardell is historically good though...
How did he and Klay miss so many 3s at the same time in LA a few back?

ElNono
03-17-2016, 12:47 AM
How did he and Klay miss so many 3s at the same time in LA a few back?

it happens... pretty amazing it doesn't happen more often, tbh

ElNono
03-17-2016, 12:48 AM
If the Spurs manage to get by the Warriors you'd think they are champs. I am not convinced they could beat the Cavs in a 7 game series. They probably do, but right now it's hard to say. With that said, they probably cannot beat the Warriors. When you come out that slow and allow the other team to go off for a quarter and try to play catch up, that will come back on you when the opponent is like GS and comes out blazing with the 1st game at home.

I think we take the Cavs in 5 or 6 if it gets to that, tbh

Splits
03-17-2016, 12:49 AM

Spurms would sweep, easily.

DMC
03-17-2016, 12:57 AM
it happens... pretty amazing it doesn't happen more often, tbh
The fact that it doesn't happen more often makes it an anomaly. It's not an anomaly that it doesn't happen more often.

DMC
03-17-2016, 12:58 AM

It depends. You have some people on that team that can give us fits, not even named James, Irving and Love. We have Tony Parker.

Ghazi
03-17-2016, 01:14 AM
This spurs team is not that good. They got the record but most of the NBA fell off a cliff this season. They will get exposed badly by an healthy Warriors squad with HCA.

Nope, sorry. 57-10 with a +12.4 point differential is insane no matter what era. You could argue the 90s were weak too when the Bulls were setting those records.

The Warriors and Spurs have to be considered two of the best teams of all time. One is going to set the record for best record and the other is going to set the record for point differential. That's pretty insane. The NBA is a little weak this year, but it's really hard to ignore this.

Ghazi
03-17-2016, 01:15 AM

The Cavs are just a good team. They have a declining superstar and a weak supporting cast. The Spurs have twice the point differential and would have home court advantage.

The Cavs winning a championship this year would be an extreme anomaly. I know the "Lebron" factor , but a weaker Spurs team beat a better Heat team in 2014.

DMC
03-17-2016, 01:19 AM
The Cavs are just a good team. They have a declining superstar and a weak supporting cast. The Spurs have twice the point differential and would have home court advantage.

The Cavs winning a championship this year would be an extreme anomaly. I know the "Lebron" factor , but a weaker Spurs team beat a better Heat team in 2014.

The Spurs beating the defending juggernaut GS Warriors with 4 new players getting minutes would be an anomaly. If some team can pull a GS/Dallas move on them in the opening round, the race becomes very interesting. Otherwise it's fellate Steph month and Satan's cock has many heads.

apalisoc_9
03-17-2016, 01:19 AM

Who are your top 10 player in the league?

DMC
03-17-2016, 01:22 AM
Nope, sorry. 57-10 with a +12.4 point differential is insane no matter what era. You could argue the 90s were weak too when the Bulls were setting those records.

The Warriors and Spurs have to be considered two of the best teams of all time. One is going to set the record for best record and the other is going to set the record for point differential. That's pretty insane. The NBA is a little weak this year, but it's really hard to ignore this.

Last year the league was rife with injuries. Not so much this year. If there was weakness it was moreso last season. This year everyone is healthy pretty much so full strength teams with non-first year coaches are showing what they have. Still, I think the Spurs are RS strong, but won't do so well in the 7 game series.

Ghazi
03-17-2016, 01:23 AM
I haven't watched much NBA this year tbh for my top 10 to have much merit... but

1. Curry 2. James 3. Durant 4. Westbrook 5. Leonard 6. Anthony Davis 7. CP3 8. James Harden ... and I don't even know who 9-10 should be.

Ghazi
03-17-2016, 01:27 AM
This prediction might not come to fruition, but I honestly don't think it's THAT bold.

Mavs winning in 2011 was less probable than Spurs upsetting the Warriors this year.

Again, follow the point differential. 12.4 v 11.0. Although I think matchups and home court might cause the Warriors to triumph.

apalisoc_9
03-17-2016, 01:31 AM
I haven't watched much NBA this year tbh for my top 10 to have much merit... but

1. Curry 2. James 3. Durant 4. Westbrook 5. Leonard 6. Anthony Davis 7. CP3 8. James Harden ... and I don't even know who 9-10 should be.

Paul has been killing it this year. Westbrook despite the heavy stats has been dissapointing...Losing majority of the games without Durant and obviously terrible fourth quarter.

Lowry is probably a respectable top 9 or 10 player..Draymond is up there.

spurraider21
03-17-2016, 01:41 AM
This spurs team is not that good. They got the record but most of the NBA fell off a cliff this season. They will get exposed badly by an healthy Warriors squad with HCA. Thebesteva

Ghazi
03-17-2016, 01:45 AM
totally forgot about Draymond, he should be top 10. and Lowry to round it out.

Kawhitstorm
03-17-2016, 02:37 AM
Probably gonna need an Iggy injury to even get the series to 7 games

Assuming LMA doesn't play like a bitch & Danny makes his open 3s, the Spurs can get the series to 7 games if Iggy/Barnes are in a shooting slump. Kawhi is going to put Klay in a straight jacket & Barnes can't guard Kawhi even if he takes shots away from Curry by trying to post up Porker.

Iggy might lose his mojo after essentially sitting out 3 wks w/ the ankle/hammy injury (ala Barnes early in the season) & Draymond ain't been the same since Kevin Hart embarrassed him in Toronto. Muphuckas are depending on Speight to be the 3rd scorer with Barnes slumping.:lol

apalisoc_9
03-17-2016, 02:46 AM
Assuming LMA doesn't play like a bitch & Danny makes his open 3s, the Spurs can get the series to 7 games if Iggy/Barnes are in a shooting slump. Kawhi is going to put Klay in a straight jacket & Barnes can't guard Kawhi even if he takes shots away from Curry by trying to post up Porker.

Iggy might lose his mojo after essentially sitting out 3 wks w/ the ankle/hammy injury (ala Barnes early in the season) & Draymond ain't been the same since Kevin Hart embarrassed him in Toronto. Muphuckas are depending on Speight to be the 3rd scorer with Barnes slumping.:lol

Spurs in 5

ambchang
03-17-2016, 07:40 AM

Didn't the 2014 Spurs win the championship in record fashion?

pookenstein
03-17-2016, 10:20 AM

So the Dubs record is legit and the Spurs not?

lebomb
03-17-2016, 10:54 AM
The Warriors set another record this year as well.

The team with the worst record ever to whoop the ass of the team with the best record ever.

LOL............losing to the Lakers.

Thread
03-17-2016, 11:02 AM
^& that loss could very well be the one that prevents them from besting the Bulls.

Mitch
03-17-2016, 11:36 AM
^& that loss could very well be the one that prevents them from besting the Bulls.

Phil & Jordan would pitch in and send the Lakers a gift basket. :lol

Thread
03-17-2016, 11:38 AM
Phil & Jordan would pitch in and send the Lakers a gift basket. :lol

It's gonna get a little bitter if it takes place.

Splits
03-17-2016, 11:46 AM

Congratulations

http://i.imgur.com/YUpQMwD.png

Thread
03-17-2016, 11:59 AM
Congratulations

They were selling your shit.

Chris
03-17-2016, 12:20 PM
Congratulations

Thread
03-17-2016, 12:29 PM

Oh, yeah, just fuckin' hilarious, Chris.:rolleyes

daslicer
03-17-2016, 12:30 PM
If the series is tied 2-2 after 4 games the Spurs will win the series. I just get the feeling in that scenario the will have figured out the Warriors. Also I believe the Warriors are a team that will melt when they face adversity. Granted last year they came back after being down to the Grizzlies and Cavs but David Lee played a huge role in it. If the Warriors beat the spurs it will be in a sweep or 5 games.

Chris
03-17-2016, 12:37 PM
Oh, yeah, just fuckin' hilarious, Chris.:rolleyes

If it was the other way around with us on the bottom belly draggin', you'd never let us hear the end of it.

Thread
03-17-2016, 12:40 PM
If the series is tied 2-2 after 4 games the Spurs will win the series. I just get the feeling in that scenario the will have figured out the Warriors. Also I believe the Warriors are a team that will melt when they face adversity. Granted last year they came back after being down to the Grizzlies and Cavs but David Lee played a huge role in it. If the Warriors beat the spurs it will be in a sweep or 5 games.

Makes sense. This will impress a great amount of pressure on State. At that juncture they'll either shit, or, get off the pot.

The old man has formulated a plan. It will be interesting to see if he exhibits it upon State before the playoffs. It would take great wisdom & restraint to hold it.

Thread
03-17-2016, 12:41 PM
If it was the other way around with us on the bottom belly draggin', you'd never let us hear the end of it.

Fine. But, I'd never roll around on the gd ground, for Christ sakes. Have some fuckin' dignity.

Relevancy
03-17-2016, 12:57 PM
the thing that has amazed me most about the spurs is how they have managed to stay this relevant for so long and this year argubly having one of their best seasons ever with old farts like Duncan, tony, and parker..:lol

ezau
03-17-2016, 12:57 PM
The Warriors are a historically great team, but their record is somewhat inflated by winning a lot of close games that they have no business winning. Curry's half-court heave against OKC was remarkable to say the least, but I doubt if he'll continue to have the same success from extreme long range in the playoffs. OKC somewhat provided a template on how to beat GSW by switching everytime if Draymond is the screener for Steph. And oh, don't treat Draymond as a big because he really isn't. Put a wing on him because he feasts on bigger and smaller bigs coming from the outside.

DMC
03-17-2016, 01:23 PM

And you could be chewing glue out of a moccasin in a fort in West Texas if you were half a chromosome different.

buttsR4rebounding
03-17-2016, 02:02 PM

what does that say about the Warriors accomplishment then? Especially with a smaller point differential. I love the attitude GSW are taking right now. The meltdown when the Spurs spank their pimpin' asses in the WCF will be so enjoyable.

buttsR4rebounding
03-17-2016, 02:14 PM
Paul has been killing it this year. Westbrook despite the heavy stats has been dissapointing...Losing majority of the games without Durant and obviously terrible fourth quarter.

Lowry is probably a respectable top 9 or 10 player..Draymond is up there.

Russell Westbrook is shoot 30% from 3 and has hoisted 279 of them so far this year. Of course, his 284 turnovers make that stat look good. From the neck down he is top 5, but when you add the head he drops at least 5 spots.

ElNono
03-17-2016, 02:26 PM
The fact that it doesn't happen more often makes it an anomaly. It's not an anomaly that it doesn't happen more often.

I know what you're saying, but what I mean is that you can still be exceptional while still looking somewhat human (ie: Spurs), but what they're doing seems out of this world. So it's not just an anomaly, it's like really beating on those odds.

Kidd K
03-17-2016, 03:13 PM

2014 Spurs won the championship, ending by disemboweling LeBron's Heat in the most lopsided Finals in NBA history (point differential) which led to them breaking up.

So if you remove your ignorant 2nd line, all you did was vouch for the OP's takes.

Ghazi
03-18-2016, 12:40 AM
2014 spurs were awesome

Thread
03-18-2016, 04:28 AM
^That 2nd 5th sure was awesome.

pookenstein
03-18-2016, 04:34 AM
It sure was. Redemption for the lost title.

Thread
03-18-2016, 04:44 AM
It sure was. Redemption for the lost title.

You cannot redeem what is lost forever. Forever you will be light 1 NBA Title. It was in the case. They were stringing your ropes.

pookenstein
03-18-2016, 05:22 AM
You cannot redeem what is lost forever. Forever you will be light 1 NBA Title. It was in the case. They were stringing your ropes.

I'm not a native english speaker, but the definition of the word suggests you're mistaken.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/redemption

1. The act of redeeming or the condition of having been redeemed.
2. Recovery of something pawned or mortgaged.

3. The payment of an obligation, as a government's payment of the value of its bonds.
4. Deliverance upon payment of ransom; rescue.
5. Christianity Salvation from sin through Jesus's sacrifice.

re•demp•tion

(rɪˈdɛmp ʃən)

n. 1. an act of redeeming or the state of being redeemed.

2. deliverance; rescue.
3. deliverance from sin.
4. atonement for guilt.

5. repurchase, as of something sold.

6. paying off, as of a mortgage, bond, or note.

7. recovery by payment, as of something pledged.
8. conversion of paper money into specie.

So even after they sold our shit, we redeemed what was lost, one year later. See the bolded part of the definition.

You held on the "they were selling your shit" thing for quite a while, I hope I was able to clear things up for you.

:bobo

Thread
03-18-2016, 09:24 AM
I'm not a native english speaker, but the definition of the word suggests you're mistaken.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/redemption

1. The act of redeeming or the condition of having been redeemed.
2. Recovery of something pawned or mortgaged.

3. The payment of an obligation, as a government's payment of the value of its bonds.
4. Deliverance upon payment of ransom; rescue.
5. Christianity Salvation from sin through Jesus's sacrifice.

re•demp•tion

(rɪˈdɛmp ʃən)

n. 1. an act of redeeming or the state of being redeemed.

2. deliverance; rescue.
3. deliverance from sin.
4. atonement for guilt.

5. repurchase, as of something sold.

6. paying off, as of a mortgage, bond, or note.

7. recovery by payment, as of something pledged.
8. conversion of paper money into specie.

So even after they sold our shit, we redeemed what was lost, one year later. See the bolded part of the definition.

You held on the "they were selling your shit" thing for quite a while, I hope I was able to clear things up for you.

:bobo

I don't do dictionary.

It's my religion.

---------

ambchang
03-18-2016, 01:32 PM

Just like lakers lost it a record number of times in the finals.

Or how your true love, the Suns, lost despite the shot heard around the world and controversy after controversy benefiting the Celtics.

Mitch
03-18-2016, 01:51 PM
I don't do dictionary.

It's my religion.

---------

Do you think they canceled the orders, Cub? Or did they just cash out and hope nobody bothered to ask for a refund :lol

trypldubl
03-18-2016, 03:08 PM
The Warriors are a historically great team, but their record is somewhat inflated by winning a lot of close games that they have no business winning. Curry's half-court heave against OKC was remarkable to say the least, but I doubt if he'll continue to have the same success from extreme long range in the playoffs. OKC somewhat provided a template on how to beat GSW by switching everytime if Draymond is the screener for Steph. And oh, don't treat Draymond as a big because he really isn't. Put a wing on him because he feasts on bigger and smaller bigs coming from the outside.

Lot of great points in this post. You nailed it about Draymond. I have to disagree with others saying Drayomnd is a top 10 player. He is not that great of an offensive player. He has trouble finishing in a crowd. He is inconsistent from 3 and has limited post moves. He is an excellent passer and that is why he has such high assist numbers. I am surprised teams have not caught on that he is looking to pass most of the time and not looking to score unless he has wide open lane for a drive. He likes to set the screen for curry and role to the basket, get the pass back at the free throw line area, drive to suck the defense in and kick it out to a shooter or pass it to a cutter whose man is helping out. I want to see Kawhi guard Draymond and Danny on Curry. That way if they run the pick and roll, they can just switch. I feel Danny can guard Draymond in that situation. He may get a score here and there, but I would rather him beat us then the others.

DMC
03-18-2016, 04:21 PM
Lot of great points in this post. You nailed it about Draymond. I have to disagree with others saying Drayomnd is a top 10 player. He is not that great of an offensive player. He has trouble finishing in a crowd. He is inconsistent from 3 and has limited post moves. He is an excellent passer and that is why he has such high assist numbers. I am surprised teams have not caught on that he is looking to pass most of the time and not looking to score unless he has wide open lane for a drive. He likes to set the screen for curry and role to the basket, get the pass back at the free throw line area, drive to suck the defense in and kick it out to a shooter or pass it to a cutter whose man is helping out. I want to see Kawhi guard Draymond and Danny on Curry. That way if they run the pick and roll, they can just switch. I feel Danny can guard Draymond in that situation. He may get a score here and there, but I would rather him beat us then the others.
No one here has caught on to anything these professional ball clubs don't already know. Like us, they can't do anything about it. For us it's because we aren't there, but for them its because most of their players can't follow simple instructions and instead rely on on-court chatter to know what to do and when. They might go over something in practice, but then after the tip, they revert to streetball and "gets mines". These types won't ever know how to stop a potent offense that actually runs what they set out to run. They cannot read offenses well and don't analyze the action, don't read scouting reports, don't prioritize their moves. They don't do anything they should do but often because they are ape stupid.

So it's not just about knowing what to do, it's doing it. Even really good teams most often don't do what they know they should (and tell you before the game what they have to do, and after the game what they didn't do, and it's often the same things).

Ghazi
03-19-2016, 02:03 AM
Cubs are u familiar with chaos theory? If Spurs don't choked in 2013 they may not have on the 2014 title